Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Florida handles Maryland, Duke dominates Arizona, Alabama look great against BYU and Texas Tech in overtime over Arkansas. Games coming up later on tonight, Ole Miss or Oley, Miss is getting three and a half against Michigan State, Kentucky getting four and a half against Tennessee, Michigan is getting eight and a half against Auburn, and Purdue getting eight and a half against Houston. We already have the point spreads according to DraftKings for the Elite eight matchups. Florida will be favored by six and a half over Texas Tech and Duke against Alabama, Duke is favored by six and a half. That will be a rematch they played earlier this year at Cameron. All Right, satan Let's poll question today, Well, we might as well get right into it. Corn dog's good, terrible? I would put awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, we go with awesome and terrible if you want is the but isn't it.
Speaker 2: Like you go to a fair and then you have a corn dog? I don't know any other places where you go. You know I'm going to have a corn dog? Yes, Todd.
Speaker 4: I think the venue, you're right, matters a lot. If you're at some carnival or you're going around going on rides at an amusement park. But if you, hey, Hey, what's for dinner tonight? And there's a corn dog on your plate, you're probably a little disappointed.
Speaker 5: Yes, Pauline, I would say, age twelve and younger, corn dog is a staple, and then your taste change, like once you get to like your twenties, corn dog is not a one seeded.
Speaker 2: I don't know really, yeah, yeah, give me a little mustard on a corn dog. I'm good. I'm good. Yeah. Maybe it's the inner child in me that comes out forever young Dan, Thank you Todd, thank you, Seaton, thank you, Paulie. Thank you. Marvin. You make me younger on this program. We got another one here from Marvin.
Speaker 3: Oh uh, what's worse to lose a sixteen point lead with eleven minutes left or a five point lead with twelve seconds left.
Speaker 2: Both happened last night Arkansas. Yikes, the Lakers. You could see the Arkansas leads start to diminish right before your very Like you're watching this and you're going, oh my god. They could lose this game. Yes, yes, that was a guillotine for the Lakers. Like the Lakers, you just don't want to get caught where you're going to face Oklahoma City in the second round. You don't. You don't want a part of that. And you know, you got nine games to go, and you lose a game like that. Chicago has been trying to lose games and then they end up winning. And Lebron did not have a good thirteen seconds at the end of the game, you know, the previous night, and you had a great, you know, final quarter in the tip in to win the game. This one, his guy hits a three lazy inbounds pass and then I think they forgot that Josh Getty was going to take a shot at half court. Here's how it sounded.
Speaker 6: Three point three. What's seventeen sixty? William Sagetty over the midpart like you, he goes big, Like hold, HiT's gone, HiT's gone.
Speaker 7: Bis got.
Speaker 8: Goes not.
Speaker 6: Josh Steddy cut that cart cut the bulls now gooday.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, crazy, crazy. You get Austin Reeves getting the go ahead basket, and then all of a sudden they forgot how much time was on the clock, or that somebody might actually get a decent look at half court. And they didn't really challenge Josh Getty for that three pointer. Yeah, is Josh Giddy? To forgive me for not knowing?
Speaker 3: This is Josh Giddy, the kind of fellow you have to worry about in that situation.
Speaker 2: Somebody get on Josh Giddy. Yeah, from from half court. Well, whoever has the ball? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't care. I mean, you're not gonna have a big man get the ball there. You got a guard and they I mean, he got a chance to get his feet set. Yeah, I mean they did. They didn't pick him up at all. No, there wasn't anybody within twenty feet of them. Yeah, I mean anybody who's a weapon in that situation, because they're going to get the ball.
Speaker 3: They passed it to him, so they had something at least scripted there. I kind of felt like watching that they were like, not worried about him taking the shot. It's somebody else that we need to worry about. Well, Kobe White. I would have been concerned if he was taking it, but they sort of said, oh, yeah, how much time is left?
Speaker 2: Three? Two?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, John's gonna tell you, Oh my god, Yes, Martin.
Speaker 9: Isn't the most dangerous guy the guy who inbounds the ball.
Speaker 2: Usually you run a lot of plays for that. There you go, yeah that.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Latner hit a shot in the NCAA tournament where against Connecticut where he inbounds the ball and then they go right back to him and then he hits the jump shot to win the game. Chris Jenkins at Villanova. I believe he took it out and then came up as the trailer and ended up winning the NCUBLEA tournament championship with them. All Right, so that's one pole question. Is corn Dog terrible or awesome? Right?
Speaker 3: We got that, We've got what's worse to lose a sixteen point lead with eleven minutes left or a five point lead with twelve seconds left. We could also throw out there too. Should basketball games be played in football stadiums?
Speaker 7: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 2: Or heck no, well that ship is sailed because that's all about money.
Speaker 3: And Devin Booker just tweeted earlier that shouldn't be doing that. That's the basis of that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay question. Yeah, well, it's going to be in San Antonio in the Alamodome. I mean, this is what we've been doing. Go back to what nineteen sixty eight when UCLA played Houston in a regular season game and they played in the Astrodim and the fans were so far from the court, like it was just weird to see it. Players complained about the backdrop there, you know, when you're shooting and what's behind the backboard. But yeah, we've kind of graduated to this because this is big business. They're not looking for intimacy when it comes to showcasing the Final four, yes, Marmin.
Speaker 9: So they're not going back to the in Albuquerque.
Speaker 2: Probably not, probably not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pulling the attendance for the national title game last year was seventy four thousand people.
Speaker 2: Not going back. Yeah, yeah. You know the Alabama game against BYU, I kept waiting for BYU to step up its perimeter defense, and they kept letting Alabama shoot and Mark Sears is wonderful. Alabama made twenty five three pointers. That's the most. And the previous Mark was one of my favorite teams, loyal to Marymount in nineteen ninety. But Mark Sears made ten of sixteen to three pointers and you attempt fifty one, but you're hitting twenty five, chances are you're going to win the game. And they scored in triple digits for the ninth time this But that was one of those shooting performances where they started early and then I kept waiting for Byu to get out on the perimeter and force them to you know, dribble, to maybe go inside, and they never did. But Alabama fun to watch, certainly looked great last night. Now they got Duke coming up next, So we'll talk to Clark Kellogg of CBS. He'll join us next hour. Charles Barkley will join us in the final hour. The program will settle on a poll question. Any other poll questions for the first hour aside from corn dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a little bit of scuttle but if Lebron James should have been the one inbounding the ball or do you inbound the ball to Lebron James the end of that sort of Lakers mini collapse, He didn't have a good five seconds, five to seven seconds at the end of the game there.
Speaker 2: It was just lazy. It was just sort of a and then Josh Getty got the steal, Kobe White hits the three, and then all of the sudden reeves scores and then somebody forgets to pick up Josh Giddy or at least can test the shot, and then they end up losing. But these are those games. I mean, you can't lose to the Bulls. That's the thing.
Speaker 5: Some losses feel worse because who you lost.
Speaker 2: To, Like, the Bulls got rid of some of their good players. They were trying to be bad. You're trying to be good, and you end up losing that game. And that's where you kind of just hang around. The Bulls were just hanging around. You kept waiting for the Lakers to go, Okay, let's go, let's move on, let's dust these guys off. I watched a little bit of the Indiana Pacers. Now, granted it gets the Wizards, but they put up one hundred and sixty two points, no overtime needed, one sixty two. That's the most scored by one team in a non overtime game since the Nuggets scored one sixty eight back in two thousand and eight. Stat of the Day stat of the day, That past, stead of the day, stat of the day, here comes that what stat of the day brought to you by Pennini America. The official trading cards of the program. Don't look now, but the Clippers are creeping up on the Lakers. The Rockets have won nine to ten, Oklahoma City has won nine in a row. So we've got about nine games for each team closing out the regular season, and you start to jockey for position. And this is where you start to look at the matchups and you say, you know what, we're okay in the eighth seed, or we're okay with the seven seed, like we like our matchups there. It's just you don't want to get into a situation where you go, uh oh, and you don't want Oklahoma City and they're the best team in basketball, you do not want them. And the Lakers could be falling, falling right into that position where they got to okay see second round.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paully, the thunder are winning their games this season by an average of thirteen points. That's the best in the league by three points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been the best team wire to wire, consistent, And yes, we're going to look at them the same way we're gonna look at the Cavaliers. How are you going to perform when the spotlight's on? You oka, see, are they ready? Like Houston. This almost seems like this is a fact finding mission for Houston that I don't know how good they're going to be in the playoffs. I told you that was a team that I was looking out for during the regular season. I thought that they could make that jump. I didn't know they'd be the two seed here. But this might be a fact finding mission of you know what, we're going to lose, but we're going to learn from this and then the following season that's when you start to see something unique. Maybe the Pistons are like that. There's certain teams where you go, this isn't the year, but next year might be the year. Like Oka, see, you know, you gotta lose. The Pistons went through this when they had to go through the Celtics. You know, the Bulls had to go through this. You know a lot of great teams have to go through that where you'll almost you know, lose and you learn by losing of what you need to do to win. And I think that's the important part with some of these. You know, Okac, he's got a young team. I mean, there are a bunch of guys that average age is like twenty three, and I don't know, are you ready to be the team in the NBA. You know the Celtics if you look at them, how many big games they've played, and they're not the favorites, okac is, but if you said they played against each other, you probably lean towards Boston because of that experience.
Speaker 9: Yes, Marv, in today's NBA, I'm not as excited as I would have been, say if this was twenty years ago, because a lot of these guys are going to command top dollar when you have a bunch of good draft picks. They're kind of doing what the Cowboys are. Hey, they drafted great. Now we got to pay all these guys. Yeah, so they have maybe one or two years until people start kind of going off into free agency and getting paid.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey eight seven seven to three DP show email Addressdpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP show odds to win March Madness, it is Duke and then Florida. So those are the two big favorites, followed by Houston, Auburn, then Alabama. So really it's Auburn, Houston, Florida and Duke. They have the best odds. Alabama, Texas Tech, Tennessee, Michigan State, they're well down the list. Old Miss is at the bottom with the odds to win March Madness.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 8: We talk about everything life, art's relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: You got the games coming up tonight. Clark Kellogg is there to observe and then tell us what he observed. He's CBS Sports college basketball analyst and the former first round pick by the Pacers Special K. Good to talk to you again. Where do you want to start? What's the game that we should be talking about the result today.
Speaker 10: Well, it's be hard not to talk about the Alabama game if you're looking at what they did last night as far as a record setting performance from behind the three point line that was remarkable. And Duke again, Cooper flag has been had as advertised all season long. He's a remarkable two way player and what he does at both ends of the floor with a moxie and a maturity and a joy that it's hard to compare to for a first year guy in recent memory.
Speaker 2: But we love these player comps, So I don't know if you delve into this. But if you were going to do a player comp for Cooper Flag, eighteen year old Cooper Flag, who would your player comp be?
Speaker 10: Man, I don't know if I have one, Dan. I try to avoid that just because it's pressurizing and not always to either party. So I'll reserve judgment on that one because I really don't have anybody in mind.
Speaker 2: What about style though, the style of play, that's a great question.
Speaker 10: I would need to give it some.
Speaker 7: More thought.
Speaker 10: I love his athleticism, his tenacity, and I mentioned this joy and exuberance that he plays with. That's special. I mean you can tell that he loves to play, he loves being on the floor, he loves being part of a team, and he's growing into allowing his talent to give him the permission to stand up and stand out. And that's the process.
Speaker 2: I'm just worry because we like to go from zero to sixty. So Cooper Flag is the next Larry Bird. Well he's not. That's not fair said. If he has the career that Kevin Love has had, that would be a good career. But he reminds me a little bit of Kevin Durant. I think that he can get that mid range like he likes contact, variety, shots inside outside, and uh so I see a little bit of Kevin Durant style wise in his game.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that. I mean, similar builds, similar explosiveness. KD was such a remarkable shot maker even at an early age, and he only refined it as he became a call of fame probe. I don't see Cooper shooting it quite as well right now at this stage, but I could see where that comparison would come to mind against similar builds, the same kind of exuberance. K KD plays with that same type of reckless of band and kind of Joe boy, I'm lost in the game, nothing else matters, and you love seeing that in players that have the skill set that that Cooper flag has. I mean he made some passes class that were absolutely I mean that's another level. When you see a guy see a frame ahead or a frame and a half ahead and make plays on the move at his size, that's another degree of specialness.
Speaker 2: In my mind, is the tournament better when we hate Duke because this is a team that people don't hate this team. I mean, this is just a good, a great team. But there's no villain on there.
Speaker 10: Dan, You know, I love whatever the tournament gives us every year, and that's the beautiful thing about this three weeks. Whatever your particular flavor of choice is. If you need a villain, if you need a dominant team, if you want Cinderellas, You're gonna find what you want. And even if you don't in a given year, it's still is going to deliver and captivate.
Speaker 11: It's just the magic and nature of a three week one and done run to a championship, from sixty eight teams to one shining moment, and on that journey, there's going to be something that surprises you, and a lot of it is going to move you and captivate you, even if you're not a Rabbit fan.
Speaker 2: Wait, did CBS write that for you? That sounds like a promotional, like a commercial. No.
Speaker 7: I do my own writing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do my own writing. Clark Kellogg, CBS Sports College Basketball Analyst. Did Arkansas have a great year this year?
Speaker 10: I think they had a really good second half of the season and a remarkable tournament run. I think you can separate. Regular season was turbulent and bumpy and disjoin it. But Cal thrives in that type of environment. I thought he did it when he was the first to really embrace the one and done era, and he may have been the only coach who could have successfully embraced that eight, nine, ten year period where he was resetting his roster every year and still competing at a high level. And he had a team this year that went through some difficulty from a personnel standpoint injury guys establishing roles, and then had them playing at a high level. They're a basket away from still being alive in the tournament. So I think a remarkable tournament run and a really good second half of the year where the Hawks found themselves and played some really good basketball.
Speaker 2: Aside from Duke, most of these teams aren't relying on freshmen. That there's been a and I don't know if it's temporary, but there has been a shift in bringing in the players who have experience. Yeah, it feels like that's the model, and I've been saying that Cali Perry needed to do that. At Kentucky. You're getting all these guys, but they're there for six months. The guys you're losing to are players who have been there for two and three years, getting like some kind of happy medium there. And I don't know if that's the new philosophy in college basketball.
Speaker 10: Well, I think when you're going when you're talking about sustainable success, I think continuity is important, Dan, whatever business you're in, leadership continuity, roster continuity, personnel continuity, it's significantly important to sustainable success. You can get flash in the pan success doing it the other way, but you've got to have a blend of continuity.
Speaker 7: And you're right.
Speaker 10: Because of the landscape nil the transfer portal, there are far more older teams in the country, and I thought there was a chance we might not see any one seeds in the final four about six seven, eight weeks ago because the quality of teams across the country. I thought it really been elevated because of what you just said in terms of teams being older, the extra COVID year, the freedom of the transfer portal, and a number of rosters were being constituted through a little bit of recruiting and retention and a lot of adding more experienced, talented older players.
Speaker 2: You played against Larry and Magic, yeah, and Michael Yeah.
Speaker 10: He came in two years. He came in with Barkley, so they were two years after I got drafted.
Speaker 2: Okay, tougher to guard, well, my.
Speaker 10: Goodness, I didn't have to guard any of those guys. I did guard Bird a little bit, and he was a handful because he was so much stronger than he appeared, and he was such a great competitor and player. Michael obviously was another level at his position and in the game. Guys that gave me the greatest challenge. The guy I didn't like to see at all was Bernard King. He was with the Knicks at the time, and he was salivating the whole game for opportunities to give you the business. I'm not not just going through the motions, salivating to give you the business. So he was a hard hard cover. His intensity, his quickness, his shot making ability, and the fact that they ran an awful lot of the offense. Hubie Brown was coaching at the time, and Bernard got touches probably sixty percent of the time they had the ball.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if not for that knee injury, I mean, Bernard was he was buckets man.
Speaker 10: He big time, big time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was six', six but he'd take you down on the blox and, yeah he was gonna he was gonna come he rise up on.
Speaker 7: You, yeah he's.
Speaker 10: Cooking he had the quick, release and he had an array of, moves but the quickness of his jumping released is really what allowed him to do such damage against bigger guys with his back to the.
Speaker 2: Goal your Favorite Charles barkley story is WHAT.
Speaker 10: I actually got the better Of. Charles and he'll probably tell you. This there were three guys he kind of looked at as he was thinking about being a pro and kind of pattern his game after and it Was Adrian, Dantley John drew and. Me and my first meeting With, CHARLES i got the best of, him and he told me afterwards that he was maybe just a tad and all BECAUSE i was kind of a guy he had looked up. To but we unfortunately had to play them within a matter of a week or two of me getting the best of him the prior meeting and the second, meeting.
Speaker 7: He came at me.
Speaker 10: Like he wanted to kill. ME i, mean he was coming hard into my body Wrecked listen actually got the better of me in that second. MEETING i don't know if he'll recall it quite the WAY i, do but when you're on the receiving end of his force and. Physicality it has a tendency to stay on your hard drive for a long.
Speaker 2: Time give me the surprise tonight of the, games the.
Speaker 10: Surprise, Wow, man we Got, Houston, Purdue Kentucky. TENNSEY i tell, You michigan is an interesting team to me in That auburn. Matchup auburn's been really. Good six guys have average double digits in the. Tournament they've been the best and most consistent team all. Season BUT i since there might be a little bit out of kilter there the two big guys that would be the surprise of the games That i'm looking. At If michigan takes care of the, ball if they can squeeze that orange and they've done it pretty, well only twenty three turnovers in the first two tournament. Games they had average thirteen or fourteen a games during the regular. Season they take care of the ball and get good guard, PLAY i think they might be able to pull a. Surprise and part of that is the Jab charles. Too you, know he'll be on, Needles he'll be on fins and needles watching this one the night with his Beloved alma. Mother so, Yeah i'm taking a jab in. Him but, also even Though i'm A buck, GUY i do like to see The Big ten succeed in these postseason, Tournaments So i'm leaning at that one as a potential.
Speaker 2: Surprise, Yeah i'm with you on, that because you got two seven footers For. Michigan, uh not something we normally see in college. Basketball but, Yeah michigan kind of sneaky good this. Year but, hey it's great to catch up with you as, always and thanks for. Joining great. Job it's like you're cleaning up after the elephant in the circus strong, well when you're there With charles and you're not quite sure if he's watching the game or watching the game he's supposed to be, watching and then all of a, Sudden ernie has to go to you and it's Like, clark and then you'll break down what you saw in the.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 10: Stuff, Man great to be with, you always a. Pleasure enjoy your time With charles. Too it'll be, fun nanke You.
Speaker 1: Clark be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App he's one of the faces of CBS's march To Madness San Antonio The road To San Antonio hall Of Famer Charles barkley back on the, show what do You? See who do you see when you look At Cooper?
Speaker 12: FLAG i See Cooper. FLAG i see he's a terrific young. Player he looks amazing on. Television can't wait to see him in THE. NBA i hate doing. THAT i hate when guys on television try to compare it to First but to say he's already somebody in THE nba is being unfair of that person in THE. Nba what's scared Of? Dan that kid should be a senior in high. School, now that would be. Unfair that would be if he played in the high. School that would be. Unfair some of the passes he was making last night where it's, Incredible BUT i think we do a disservice to a lot of these, Guys LIKE i Think Michael jordan has killed more people than the. Plague you, know, well they're, like this guy's the next For Michael. Jordan i'm, like you don't turn out to Be Michael. Jordan this kid is really, talented he's really. SMART i can't wait to meet. Him seems like a really nice kid because he because he could have had in what in my day we called a big. Head he was the best high school player in the. Country he came in with all the pressure on, him and he's lived up to the. Hype he hasn't had any. Missteps you, know people out to get you when you're. Famous that's when you are eight, seventeen eighteen year old. Kid But i'm not gonna Compare i'm, not first of, all to be a disservice to me to compare him to a GREAT nba.
Speaker 7: Player but, man he's a pleasure to.
Speaker 2: Watch what about, Skills like not necessarily saying that he is that, player but LIKE i see a little bit Of Kevin durant with mid range, Jumper like he can shoot the. Three so he's Not Kevin, durant BUT i do. See you, know everybody's gonna jump right To Larry. Bird well that's not fair To bird and it's not fair To Cooper. Flat but just with tendencies or their.
Speaker 7: Game tell you.
Speaker 12: THIS i thought he dominated the game last night with his. Passing you, know he scored a good amount of, points but his passing was the difference in the. Game and every time they needed, something he made to. Play his ability to off the dribble is. Incredible it was incredible to watch because you, Know i've been studying a lot of, tape but now when you see these guys in big moments like that was probably that was probably their first big. Moment that was the first team they played, like, oh they got a chance of losing this, game and he stepped.
Speaker 7: Up man Was it was beautiful to.
Speaker 2: Watch who else has stood out in this tournament if you look at them at the next level playing in THE, Nba, well the kid.
Speaker 12: From, Florida, CLAYTON i DON'T i just need to know what his size, is you, know because you know all these, guys because if he's big, enough he gonna be a hell of a pro player because he's a terrific college. Player, uh the Kid brent At nelson At, ALABAMA i think he's. Now i'm really looking forward to that matchup with him And cooper because let me tell you, something That nelson kid At alabama is terrific And cooper that's gonna be a great. MATCHUP i cannot wait to watch that. Matchup Janni broome At auburn has been fantastic all. YEAR i can't wait to watch that. Game Michigan state is the most interesting. Team they probably got about three or four guys who are gonna play in THE nba who don't look like great college. Players they're really really good, players they Don't they just they don't jump off the screen Like cooper in those guys. Do But Michigan, state their team is, like, man they're gonna have three or four guys WHO i think are gonna play in the.
Speaker 2: Pros you start to look at the model now in college. BASKETBALL i don't know if it's just this, year but you're seeing less freshmen aside From duke have an impact In March. Madness it's a lot of guys who are. Older transfer. Portal do you think that that is the next, wave that that's where a lot of teams are going to say that's the.
Speaker 7: Blueprint, well it's already out of hand with the transfer. Portal.
Speaker 12: Dan first of, all let me just say, this THE, ncaa they are the most, stupid idiotic people jackass is in the. World like they've already ruined college sports with this nil. Thing And i'm not against players making. Money it's just honors the wild Wild, west, right. Now but to have the transfer portal in the middle Of march madness got to be one of the stupidest things That i've ever seen in my. Life just when you think they can't get any more, stupid they trump themselves and had a transfer portal in the middle Of march. Madness AND i think what you're seeing now is.
Speaker 7: It's just free.
Speaker 12: Agency every, year the smaller schools are gonna get less and less important because if you're a smaller, player they just gonna cherry pick you every, year like if you.
Speaker 7: Went to a lower amid.
Speaker 12: Major if you have a good, year they're coming to get you because they gonna be able to pay. More SO i don't know how this thing's gonna turn. OUT i just think THE ncaa has screwed this thing up so. MUCH i don't know how you put the toothpaste back into. Tube i've said this. BEFORE i think in two to three or four, years we're gonna have twenty five programs and that's.
Speaker 7: It and and the.
Speaker 12: Thing AND i hear guys talking about a salary. Cap the big schools ain't gonna go for no salary. Cap they have the most. Money why would The dodgers want a salary. Cap The dodgers don't want a salary. Cap you see all those other teams winding in, baseball And i'm, like is it unfair what The dodgers.
Speaker 7: DOING i think it's one hundred percent unfair what they're, doing but they.
Speaker 12: Don't If i'm a football school Like, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia Ohio, State, MICHIGAN i don't want a. CAP i can pay the most money and get the best.
Speaker 2: Players the difference between the college game and THE nba game watching it which one is better to? Watch in your, OPINION.
Speaker 12: I think the college game is better to watch because you know they're not just out. There they don't even look for twos. Anymore in THE, nba they don't even look for. Toos they, say, hey we're gonna come to the. Gym we're gonna jack up the most. Threes if we hit, them we're gonna. Win we missed, Them we're gonna say we didn't make enough. Shots we didn't make enough. Threes but when they make, them it looks. Great i'm, like, yeah it does look great if you make, them but that's the. Problem if you're not making them everybody, says, man y'all just shoot a lot of threes and it don't go. In but we got a lot of great players in THE. Nba you, Know i've been very critical of some other, people not like What Shay Gilgers alexander is doing this year is. INCREDIBLE i, mean you, know last, year people thought it was a fluke when The thunder had the best record in THE. Nba now they doubled, out, like, nah we are the best team in THE. Nba they went out and plugged a couple holes they had With caruso And. Hartenstein what The Cleveland cavaliers are doing this year's fled out. INCREDIBLE i mean The Cleveland, cavaliers LIKE i think they can beat The Boston. Celtic there's three teams they win in the, championship The, thunder The, celtics and The. Cows it everybody's just. Playing they get just getting participation.
Speaker 2: Trophies The lakers, chances you're they got zero.
Speaker 12: CHANCE i told you that a month. Ago people went. Crazy people went crazy when they had like two good. Weeks you, Know, dan anytime you make a, grade you get a. Bump they got A luca. Bump now they've got there where they. Are, uh you, know BUT i was, like, no The lakers are not. Contenders it drives me. Crazy they won some, games and, uh they were gonna get a. Bump you Get lucas gonna get a. Bump same thing When Jimmy butler got a bump when he went to The. Warriors but it's, okay Se world and Probably denver's probably the second best team in The. West, uh but, listen they're all playing for second. Place nobody can beat The. THUNDER i don't see anybody beating The. Thunder He's Charles, barkley The hall Of. Famer who had a better Week Lebron james Or STEVEN. A? Smith they both had an awful. Week they both had an awful. Week, lebron he's too big to be that type of bully to bully Stephen a and to Bully Brian. Windhorse Brian woodhurst is a sweet person. Man he's just trying to do his. Thing And i've always Liked, lebron but him being a bully it turned me.
Speaker 7: Off.
Speaker 12: Dan BUT i will say that Stephen, a the way he reacted was so lame and. Weak and Stephen a is a good dude. Man for him to React, lebron LIKE i, SAY i blame him for starting a bullying going On pat, show just bullying, people because you Know, lebron he's a control free he knows everything he's. Doing he knows everything he's. Doing he knew when he walked up to Stephen a what he was. Doing but the way Stephen a reacted going On gibbus, podcast talking tough and come, on, man you're better than. That so there's only there's only losers there in this scenario us as the sports. Media you got the biggest star in the. Game you probably got the biggest star on. Television and they both look bad in my, opinion and what bothers me the, most they both good. Dudes, WAIT i don't mind people who are an asshole looking. BAD i don't mind that at. All they deserve. It but Stephen a is a good dude And lebron is good. Dude but they both look really bad this. Week they both had a bad. Week to answer your, Question lebron started it and Stephen, A i'm not sure what he was trying to. Do he just made it worse and worse and. Worse and THEN i saw the thing last night we had to come out and apologize with Saying lebron didn't go To kobe's.
Speaker 7: Memorial i'm, like, dude what the hell are you? Doing?
Speaker 2: Well they as you know what they're. Doing they both get. Attention they like.
Speaker 12: Attention, then the one thing you can always say about, ME i ain't never had personal attacks on. People i've criticized. People that's part of our job telling the. Truth it can never be. Personal but are you searching for?
Speaker 2: Attention, no they, Are.
Speaker 7: Yeah but it's not good attention then that see the. Problem, okay that's a great thing you. Made in my, day any publicity was good, publicity remember that old.
Speaker 12: Saying but the problem now is when you put bs out there now every Time dick And harry And louise got an, opinion and they're gonna make it. Worse that's the problem with. Today LIKE i, say AND i hate to talk about my day and my old. Day, yeah you got, publicity good or. Bad it was actually probably a good.
Speaker 7: Thing but the.
Speaker 12: Problem is every food idiot and jackads got an opinion now because they got a.
Speaker 7: Computer and that's what made this whole thing so. Bad because a lot.
Speaker 12: Of lebron haters are on fire right now the Stephen a haters are on fire right. Now you can never give bs to the world because those people they got no life then THEY i told you these people who live with their, parents they live in the.
Speaker 7: Basement they don't have a.
Speaker 12: Job all they do is sit around and click and talk about people on their. Computer that's all they. Do and the problem is Stephen a is a good dude And lebron's a good, dude and you're gonna have foods and idiots talking bad about, them and that's the thing that. Sucks But lebron pissed me off if they went And bron went, horse Because brin went horse as a good person. MAN i don't know him, really really, well BUT i think he got a pure. Heart he's just trying to do his. Job he probably he's out here catching, strays you. Know you know What lebron reminded me of remembering The. Godfather After appatino left the, funeral he, says we killed everybody. Today we sellled all the family. Business that's What lebron did when he went On pat McAfee's. Show he's, like when he's sitting my man, down he, SAYS i settled all the family business to. DAY i killed, Everybody that's what WHEN i was watching. It WHEN i saw the, REPLAY i was laughing at. IT i, said, oh this is right out of The. Godfather he, SAYS i settled all the family business, Today And i'm, like come, on, man stop taking shots at Stephen a And brian Win Hars.
Speaker 2: Well how would you do you think everybody on The lakers is? Fine What lebron did for his, son.
Speaker 7: That's a great. QUESTION i don't think that. Matters he did it.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 12: KID i wish you have nothing but the. Best he should be in THE G league getting better as a. Player he should have been in A g league all. YEAR i think it was a great story for them to go into court, together but he should be in THE g league.
Speaker 7: There you don't get better sitting on the. BITCH i.
Speaker 2: AGREE i wanted him to stay another year in college if he was, going he needed to play after the health scares freshman. Year but you, know this is where the problem started With lebron and Stephen. A or the most recent one is that you Had Tyrese maxi Torching bronni during a game and Steven a came on the next day and it was like it Was lebron's. Fault he was Telling lebron how to be a dad of. Father, WELL i.
Speaker 12: Think you can interpret it like. THAT i think What steve LIKE i, SAY i don't. Know i'm not going to speak For. Steven am almost only going to speak for. MYSELF i think what he was really trying to, Say, hey don't put that kid out there with THEM nba grown. Men send him to THE G. League we can get better as a. Player you can interpret it any.
Speaker 7: Way you want.
Speaker 2: TO Jj reddick put him in the. Game do you Think lebron Goes hey put him in on Ty TYREE'S maxi torches just about everybody who guards.
Speaker 7: Him.
Speaker 12: Yeah but LIKE i, say they shouldn't have put him in that. Situation he should have been in THE G league all.
Speaker 7: SEASONS i.
Speaker 2: AGREE i, Agree but that's where that's the. Trigger if you start talking About lebron as a, father that's. Different you, know that's NOT i can be critical Of bronny in his, game, yeah BUT i can't.
Speaker 12: Listen Man lebron's A OH i Should AND i, SAID i don't know what kind of Father Lebron lebron. Seem but first of, All i've always said that the difference Between Michael jordan And kobe the three best basketball Players i've ever. Seen Michael, Jordans Kobe, bryant And Lebron. James those are the three best basketball Players i've ever. SEEN i, said a difference between those first two. Guys nobody ever said they were nice. Guys they gonna kill your ass and ain't nothing you can do about. It they gonna kill you and stomp on your. Grave lebron might stump on, you but he gonna apologize for. It he's a nice. Man that's the. Difference lebron is a nice. Guy that's WHY i don't LIKE i didn't like the fact because he really came off as a bully in this entire, thing and that's not who he.
Speaker 2: Is, yeah but Stephen, a he should have, SAID Jj, reddick don't Put Ronnie.
Speaker 12: Jones what STEPHEN a should have? Did they, Say, Hey lebron came to me and said, this, this, This i'm gonna respect that he wo come to me as a. Father that should have been the end of. It when Stephen a went on the other podcast as a tough, guy THAT'S i think what Triggered Lebron.
Speaker 2: Again do you think he would have gotten into a fight If lebron put his hands on Steven a Stephen. A he said he was gonna be throwing. Punches, Well, DAN i think.
Speaker 12: Sometimes, okay let me get an. EXAMPLE i don't THINK i can Beat shaq in a, fight but when he touched me in front of twenty thousand, People i'm gonna. Swing if a grown man touched you in front of a, crowd you one hundred, percent even if you're gonna get your ass, Kicked like When shaq did, THAT i had to make a spit second. Decision, man there's twenty thousand people saw him put hands on.
Speaker 7: ME i got to.
Speaker 12: Swing there's. Times first of, All i'm not gonnaoning. Fighting anybody fighting past twenty five is a loser. Anyway, okay that's not the. Way any grown person who fights you just a.
Speaker 7: Loser but.
Speaker 12: In certain, scenario like if somebody to If lebron touches that dude in front of a, crowd even if like even if he gonna kick his, hands you gotta defend yourself to let those twenty thousand people know you ain't no.
Speaker 2: Punk, no you can't throw punches at a.
Speaker 12: Game so you gonna let another man hit, you, said he you're gonna let another man hit you in front of twenty.
Speaker 2: Tron lebron's not hitting Stephen A. Smith, yeah it was So Steven they shouldn't have said, IT i, know but he, says if he puts his hands.
Speaker 7: On, me that's what, see that's why this screw it.
Speaker 12: Up all Stephen a had to say Was lebron came to me and, said don't talk about my.
Speaker 7: Son don't talk about my. Son that would have been the end of.
Speaker 12: It but LIKE i, said he goes On gibber's podcast talking uh tough and. Everything then he goes on his podcast talking, tough AND i think that Trick.
Speaker 2: Lebron, yeah well all.
Speaker 12: Hell all he had to do was, say, hey you know, What lebron came to. Me he didn't swing on. Me he came to, me man the, man and said.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 7: Stop.
Speaker 12: Stop if if Steven a had a left it right, there we wouldn't even be Having now we're going all week?
Speaker 2: Three how long would the fight last between Steven and And.
Speaker 12: LEBRON i hope somebody gets to Steven a and, say, yo, man stop.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 12: Dan you do know the number one rule of sports businesses don't become the.
Speaker 7: Story that's. Rude number.
Speaker 2: One we're well past. That that that that's the old, days that that's not the way it is.
Speaker 7: ANYMORE i understand that you never has a. REPORTER i know you. Never, yeah you, KNOW i, KNOW i.
Speaker 2: Know i'm old. School don't put your hands on. Me i'll swing at.
Speaker 7: You you've got, to especially in a. Crowd in a, crowd then then you automatically have.
Speaker 2: To fight the. Crowd, okay all, right have fun, tonight all, right all.
Speaker 7: Right brother war damn, eagle.
Speaker 2: Y'all all, right