Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya ret An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing it.
Speaker 3: It's right holiday edition.
Speaker 4: We just read did the intro three three times?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 2: We are all about the holidays, Yes, celebrating them.
Speaker 4: What are we doing? What are we stay here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have your own traditions that you've started now that you have officially moved in?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like together, Well, you know what's interesting and I mean you could speak to this too. Every holiday season, my family always splits. So my sister's been married for a long time, so her family would do like Thanksgiving with his side of the family, and then they would do Christmas with ours, and the next year would flip so they would do Thanksgiving with us and Christmas with them. So it's kind of like the what we do. So every other year I'm with my family and then every other year it's meet Robbie and the kids. So we don't really have any like traditions traditions, but we celebrate Hankah and Christmas.
Speaker 5: So we do.
Speaker 3: We celebrate all eight nights of Honkah and then we do like Christmas and I think what my tradition for Christmas is going to be is every year I want to get them a new blanket, like with Sunny's face on it, because I did that like our first Christmas together and they like love them and they use them, and so I did it again for this year. So I think that's going to be like our tradition.
Speaker 4: C I love that. Yeah, So are y'all what are you doing for Christmas this year?
Speaker 3: We're going to be in San Diego with my family. Oh great, yeah, so that's like what we're officially doing on Christmas Day. But we did, you know, we did for the first time ever this year what holiday cards. That's right.
Speaker 4: Easton did say like you've got to do it.
Speaker 3: It was actually this podcast that made me realize if I got a lot of scrubbers message me saying if anything, it's just a way to see how your family grows every year, and I was like.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a cute thing. So what is the photo?
Speaker 3: So it's actually funny because they're gonna whoever the people that get my Christmas arts are probably gonna get them on Christmas because I did it also last minute and trying to like gather addresses from Robbie and like it's a little more complicated than uh, you know, I didn't just like sit down and do it. But anyways, we did photos from our actual engagement. So I chose like a picture of me and Robbie, you know, like with the ring, and then the picture of the four of us, and then just one picture of Sonny Wow from the day of Yeah, wow, super cute.
Speaker 4: So that's a holiday tradition that will continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, expect that in your mailbox probably, And I have a good feeling that next year's holiday card will be from the wedding. Yeah, probably, most likely, yes, because those are always the first you know, yeah thing photo right and yeah, yeah, have you taken your engagement photos?
Speaker 3: No, we can't talk about it. That's a good stress. Those are coming in January.
Speaker 4: But I'm really chill wait your engagement photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna take engagement photos in January.
Speaker 4: I thought it was happening, like I thought it was, it.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to happen. The venue kind of screwed me.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but you have the video you wanted.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I'm hoping for. You can only book it two weeks ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Oh, Wow.
Speaker 3: I know it's very stressful, very very but I'm super chill.
Speaker 4: And yeah, no, you're chill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she super chill.
Speaker 4: She's bride chilla brichi hashtag.
Speaker 3: What are you doing for the holidays?
Speaker 4: So I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: So last year, remember there was like a bad storm in the Midwest and South, so like flights were getting canceled like crazy, and so I stayed here last year, which was really fun because I got to spend Christmas with Haley and her family, which we haven't done. We always I always do Thanksgiving with them, and I normally go home for Christmas and it was sad not to be with my family, but I'm going this year. So I will leave the twenty second. I'm flying into Florida, driving through. My parents live like two hours away from my breather. They just had a baby, their second baby, So we're driving to my brother so I can see them and meet the new baby and see my niece, and then we're continuing on. We're staying the night there, continuing on to Louisiana, where we'll be at my older sisters with all my nephews and my other new niece and uh yeah, and then I'll come back like two days after Christmas.
Speaker 3: So you're gone the twenty second to the twenty seventh.
Speaker 4: Five days exactly.
Speaker 3: That feels long.
Speaker 2: It's really not when you think of all the traveling I'll be doing in that time. True, but I'm really excited to see all my little babies and all my nephews who are like fully grown now, and my parents. It's you know, because in my mind, I'm like, Okay, we're traveling. We're flying all the way to Florida, and then I'm gonna be in the car. But I'm like, that's quality time where I get like, yeah, one as close.
Speaker 4: To one on one time with my parents. Yeah, so it'll be nice.
Speaker 3: Have you got Hayley's Christmas present?
Speaker 5: Yet?
Speaker 2: I got one of them the other day because she tried them on. It was a pair of sunglasses, and I just made her leave the vicinity while I bought them.
Speaker 4: But she knows about them.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I like, you probably would not do that very stealthily.
Speaker 4: I said, Okay, go look at something else.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: That's what my mom used to make us do when she'd buy a stuff. So she sent her on her way.
Speaker 2: But it is hard to shop like everyone in my life says I'm the hardest person to shop for, but Hailey's really hard to shop for too. But she also has a lot of interest in like, so I feel like. And she also loves a thoughtful gift, which I'll be honest, I'd rather just throw down some money and get a nice gift personally, but she likes a more thoughtful gift, which always puts a little pressure on me. Yeah, yeah, so uh yeah, I'm running out of time now that you mention it. Thanks for putting the pressure on me, so sorry, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are y'all staying in tom Mark and Easton?
Speaker 1: I'll be in Wisconsin hopefully lots of snow. Kids get excited when there's snow, and lately there hasn't been much. Hopefully this is the year, but I don't know because of El Nino anyway, that's what will be celebrating Christmas and New Year's.
Speaker 4: There is something about being in snow that makes the cold feel less miserable. No snow and you're miserably cold.
Speaker 1: Zero degrees and no snow is just the worst. It's unlikely, yeahel like, what's the point?
Speaker 4: Bill's wrong?
Speaker 1: But zero degrees and it's a winter wonderland. When we open the wines in the morning, that's great. It's Christmas. It's the Christmas that we all saw on TV when we were kids. Like home alone alone.
Speaker 4: We need to get to home alone in a moment.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're staying in town.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We always spend Thanksgiving with my parents up north, and then we spend Christmas just the two of us at home. We watch movies and uh yeah, we look forward it every year. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: What do you all do for food for Christmas?
Speaker 7: Sometimes we try to do the whole Like last year, we try to do the whole thing. I think we made a ham and you know, all the sides and everything. But sometimes we just to you know, go wherever's open.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah.
Speaker 6: But I think this year we're gonna pre order some stuff and then heat it up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I like that. You know, raising canes.
Speaker 2: You can get likes plotters and you can just freeze them and then heat them right.
Speaker 3: The very Christmas actually forgot When we do Christmas with like my sister and her family because she has the two kids, my niece, my nephew. We decorate Christmas like decorate Christmas cookies the night before. So that's like our tradition that we do with my brother in law bakes them, makes them by hand. Like we don't just like buy cookies out of the like the tube, you know.
Speaker 4: Not shaming anyone who does. No, I would do that.
Speaker 3: I do that all the time on my own. I like buy the thing. But he makes them from scratch. She's like a scratch baker. Yeah. So he makes all like hundreds of sugar cookies and we just like decorate them the day before.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's so delicious.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's so cute because like when I started dating Robbie, he'd never he never dated, He never decorated a Christmas tree ever until our first year of dating. And so it's like fun getting to see him like you know, like decorating Christmas cookies and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's cute. It's really cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, we went to this Christmas store when we were at the Light Festival and they had these pink santas and they were such a vibe.
Speaker 4: They're so cute.
Speaker 2: So we got a little ornament because I really want to make my tree like personal ornaments.
Speaker 4: I think, did I.
Speaker 3: Talk about this no, but you just told me not on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh I want my ornaments to be because now they're just like balls from Target, you know, and I have like a few dislover targets. Love the ball from Target, it's gorgeous. My balls are from Michael's. The balls on the tree stunned from Michaels from Target where we get your balls. But I want to have like a tree that has personalized where I can look like when I'm getting it out to put it on the tree, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, this is from when we went to the riverside.
Speaker 1: Getting every single ornament on our tree has some personal meaning.
Speaker 6: To us the same.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we don't do We don't have any generic balls. We are not interested in that.
Speaker 3: You have no ball, so there's not like aesthetic.
Speaker 1: There are a few balls, but they're from someplace. They're from a place we went, and it's just shaped like a ball. It's not a theme. It's not an a static. There's no color coordination. But every single one on there stuff from my childhood, stuff from my wife's childhood, of course, stuff from our kids childhoods, all the trips we've been on, just little stuff that we got, like she got a mom to be ornament before my first daughter was born. That's up there, Like every single one has something, so yeah, that was my goal too.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 7: Alison got me a a Fred Flintstone ornament one year and it plays the Flintstones theme song in its entirety. It's like a minute and a half and it's so annoying. And every year I put it up, I hit that button.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine what perfect gift for you.
Speaker 4: Your ornament collection is interesting.
Speaker 6: Decorating that tree is a fun time.
Speaker 3: That's actually a cute idea. Should I do that?
Speaker 4: I just here's my thing.
Speaker 2: I love an aesthetic vibe, but I also love the chaos of Christmas.
Speaker 4: Like I love like the like colors and like the character. I don't know, Christmas just has a different feeling. Yeah, Like we got so.
Speaker 3: The first year that we decorated a Christmas tree together because bless him, he's like, do I bring ornaments over? Like he didn't know, you know, so he like where does the star go? Yeah, he went and bought like, uh, I think, like ten ornaments to bring over to like decorate my tree. And he didn't realize I already had like the balls, the balls I already had all they were pink, and so he brings them over and it was so cute because he was like, yeah, the woman told me I needed to get something that matched. So there's like two candy canes and like two stars, and so there's like a couple of them that matched. And then he got like a skiing guy and a tennis player girl because that was supposed to be us. Yeah, and those ones are my favorite ones to put up because I think back on like that was like our first We started dating November whatever, November fifth, fourth, something like that, and uh so the Christmas comes quick, so we were only dating for like two months.
Speaker 4: Oh yah, some big moves were made.
Speaker 3: Big moves were made. I was like the fact that he's and then he brought me like a cookbook because in early days when you're dating, like you cook at home a lot, you know, and so he like got me a little cookbook. Well that's really cute, really cute.
Speaker 2: But it does it makes you like feel excited to like get your ornament and put them out because you're like, oh, yeah, it's a memory.
Speaker 4: And he said that too.
Speaker 3: He was like when I was buying them He's like, I thought it would be cool, like if we ended up together, you know, and it's like you thought that two months in he goes, well, no, I didn't think we were gonna end up together. Like I thought, like if we did this, Yeah, I was like, oh, honeymoon phases over.
Speaker 1: We gave away ornaments as the like, what do you call it? The party favor at your wedding? At our wedding was an ornament. It was love that Mark and Amy gingerbread people together and one had the little little bow tie and it says and it says Mark and Amy seven twenty seven oh two. And so we still have that on the tree. And then some of our friends are right away. You still have it on their train. That makes us happy.
Speaker 6: You gave it away in July.
Speaker 1: We got married in July. Yeah. Wow, Yeah, I don't know thinking ahead from making all of those, because she had to make so many of them. Still gets numbness in her fingers sometimes real undertaking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope everyone really appreciate it. Puts those up.
Speaker 1: Ever ear they were fragile, so a lot of them have broken over the years.
Speaker 6: But you your marriage last as long as the nerve damage.
Speaker 4: Has everyone done with their shopping Christmas shopping.
Speaker 3: No, no, I know, unlike you. I know. It's very stressful. It came in fast, it did.
Speaker 4: It has come so bad.
Speaker 3: And the thing is, I'm going on a trip the week before Christmas, so I have to be done in the next like two days.
Speaker 2: You did give me an idea of what you were getting some of your friends for Christmas, Yes, which was an interesting concept, but I think we'll save that from when we come back from this break. So today I'm scrolling TikTok and I see this video.
Speaker 4: Of a.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this before, our go to vibrator, and it's a Christmas ornament of the go to, like the specific one because it's the most like if you google like the best, it's the one that pops up.
Speaker 4: That's why it's like a known thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I sent it to Donya like like, do you want I'm gonna get you this all your like sweet cute ornaments.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I cannot have a vibrator ornament on my tree. We have kids, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what is that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: When is that the Claire Sonic?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For your face right right right.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I sent it her and she was like, oh, I was gonna get this as a gift from my friends, And I was like, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: As a gift, I don't know the great Christmas gift.
Speaker 3: Give a vibrator the gift that keeps on giving, in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, until you lose the charger whatever.
Speaker 3: Then you buy a new one. But I'm like, what a nice gift.
Speaker 4: You know, like you said, you've got one of your friends one and they never opened it. Correct? Correct? I think it's so.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, guys, but buying gifts from my friends is very difficult because like, yes, you can do sentimental, which I do from time to time, but then nobody ever wears the sentimental ones I give them, and then that makes me sad. So then I stop going sentimental, and I'm like, I'll get them something just like cute and nice. But then, you know, that's subjective. I don't know what someone else thinks is cute and nice, you know. So then I was like, a vibrator is such a great holiday gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's either sentimental it's great to me, or there's what I know to.
Speaker 4: Be tried and true.
Speaker 3: I gave that as a gift and one of my friends has never opened it, so I was like, I'm gonna xnay that idea. But if anybody else out there needs a great gift idea for a single friend, it's a great.
Speaker 1: Gift idea I do because you can open it. You can't open it in front of anybody. If somebody asked, what a time you get your free you can't tell them.
Speaker 3: Who asks that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm just saying I think there are flaws.
Speaker 4: Ay, here's my thing.
Speaker 2: I just feel like that's something I am happy to purchase on my own.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when we went to buy them together. Yeah, yes, we were bamboozled. We were sold like this. This was an expensive one and it had like a.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if this is podcasting.
Speaker 3: It might not be appropriate. I actually think we can say whatever we want on podcasts. But it was a very detailed one and it did not do the details that it said it was supposed to do.
Speaker 2: No, you got to stick with what's tried and true. You know the man they sold us on a very expensive uh contraption.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is the only way to describe what that was. Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Terrible, terrible I'm terrible return this no ways of my I'm so just try it and then call each other and say I hated it. I don't have you try this thing yet because I'm not having any success.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was just paled in comparison to what we know to be the best of the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, But.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I think that going to a store with a friend and picking out your own is one thing.
Speaker 4: But I don't know if like getting a wrapped gift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, don't you worry. My friends this year will be getting It's a little sentimental and there's thought behind it, but it's more of just like like nice. It's just like it's just nice.
Speaker 4: There's something you wear, yes, okay, is it clothes?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Is a jewelry that much else?
Speaker 1: It could be if you can wear it and it's not closed.
Speaker 2: Playing this game was fun, But it's it's it's it's thoughtful.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm wishing something for you for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Love up. Okay, good vibes.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to tell you what I'm getting your damage To tell you what I got you, that's so lame.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying it's good vibes without being vibrator.
Speaker 3: Oh right right, yeah, that was a.
Speaker 2: Hard miss on my on my end. Anyways, Okay, Mark has a game for us.
Speaker 4: It's a holiday bro oh again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys like the game. So I just kind of while we were talking here, I come up with a game. It's very similar to the celebrity birthday game, but it's when these different Christmas things came into being. So you have to guess the year.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is not pop culture.
Speaker 1: Not up Beca's Alley necessarily, but we'll see how it goes. So first one right here, the song jingle Bells. You'll know it. It was written in what year? Whoever's closest gets the point. Yeah, I know. That's the fun thing is that you have no idea. We're not going to get a thirty one, thirty two, thirty three like we did on a Monday in what year? With jingle Bells? Written Tanya nineteen.
Speaker 4: Ten, nineteen ten, Becca, I've won nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Eight, nineteen sixty eight, Eastern nineteen forty five, nineteen forty five, the winner, See tiny, you didn't think you'd be good of this game. Jingle Bells are written in eighteen fifty something.
Speaker 3: And it's like that feels too far.
Speaker 1: Tanya's right, it was in eighteen fifty by.
Speaker 4: I was I think my mom was born when it was right.
Speaker 1: Published in eighteen fifty seven, seven years later. Okay, here we go, moving on the current depiction of Santa Claus as we know him, right. You can picture Santa Claus big white beard, red outfit that comes from a specific drawing done in a specific year. Before that, it was kind of all over the place. So what year is the current depiction of Santa When did they come into being?
Speaker 5: Becca, Man, I'm gonna go seventeen ninety seventeen ninety Eastern.
Speaker 7: I have a feeling it's it's the Coca Cola ad And I might be wrong about that, and I don't know what year that's from, but I'm going to guess nineteen twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, And Tanya, I was going to get nineteen twenty five. You still canbody is nineteen twenty five?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, okay, oh go that boy. She kind of prices right at you, going one year over you, and she got the point very nice.
Speaker 4: Now, So seventeen the.
Speaker 1: Coca Yeah, you're a littlap on that one. Baca. It's the Coca Cola commercials from nineteen thirty one that gave us the current good pitching of Santa Claus that exists. Say, very nice, you're both very close. Becca, not so much. Two for Tanya, none for anyone else. The first Christmas tree put up with electric lights, first Christmas tree with electric lights. This one is for Easton.
Speaker 6: We have to say whose tree it was? You're not okay? It's very impressive. Edison's eighteen.
Speaker 7: Eighty No, eighteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Eighteen ninety six, Tanya.
Speaker 3: Eighteen eighteen thirty five.
Speaker 1: Eighteen thirty five, and Becka.
Speaker 2: Whendn't they discovered eighteen eighty one, eighteen eighty one?
Speaker 1: What did you say? Easton?
Speaker 6: Eighteen ninety six?
Speaker 1: Wow? Actually one of you is very close on this. Edward H. Johnson, who knew Edison got the first dring of electric lights put on a Christmas tree. He did that in eighteen eighty two. Wow, very nice.
Speaker 6: Becca.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're one year off on that one. Wow, you're at eighteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: Eighteen What did I say?
Speaker 1: Eighty one? It was eighty two? Good for me, very good, very nice. Tanya too, Beca one and as always Eastern was zero interesting, very consistent. Someone's got a we'll go a little more modern. Now, what year did a Charlie Brown Christmas first air on television? First year for a Charlie Brown Christmas?
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy two?
Speaker 8: All right, Becca, I'm gonna go nineteen six seven seven.
Speaker 6: And Easton nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy. The winner again is Becca nineteen sixty five Christmas, and that tied you. It all comes down to this one Easton. You cannot win. But becka nine year tied to two in what year did the movie It's a Wonderful Wife premiere? You've have you seen it? Have you seen?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Nineteen Becca? Have you seen it?
Speaker 6: Nineteen twenty, nineteen twenty.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go nineteen twenty three, nineteen.
Speaker 6: Twenty three, Easton nineteen forty.
Speaker 1: Eight, which we remove Easton from this because you can't win anyway on? All right, okay, but well he got it so very good. But what I'm saying, well he's closest. But I'm saying is if we go know he won, fine, fine, he won two to two to one. Do I have to come up with a tiebreaker?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do that Okay, got.
Speaker 7: It, I'd be in the tiebreaker so that I could potentially win. Sure, let's try that, all right, here we go?
Speaker 1: Ready? Yeah, how tall in feet is this year's Rockefeller Center Christmas tree? How tall is that tree? And this is the tiebreaker? Actually if Eastern winds off to do a new tiebreakers, So I'm saying two to two to two, we start this round with easton.
Speaker 6: That tree is one hundred and seven feet tall.
Speaker 1: One hundred and seven feet, Tanya.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, like how tall is that thing?
Speaker 1: Well, that's kind of the idea. I'm picking things you wouldn't naturally know.
Speaker 3: It's definitely one hundred. Okay, you did one O seven?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: How far?
Speaker 3: How far are we up here?
Speaker 1: Are we up here?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: The story is what a story is ten feet? Right, so we're about sixty feet in the air? Is that fair? To six?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: The fifth floor?
Speaker 6: So I'm six foot two. You need to do some math.
Speaker 1: A story like this was.
Speaker 3: Ten of you. Yeah, So I'm gonna say one hundred, go one hundred, one O seven, Becca for the win.
Speaker 4: Hm, I'm gonna go one O three, one O three.
Speaker 1: So one hundred one O three one o seven. Okay, we have a winner. It is not easton the Rock officers with the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree this year is eighty feet tall the Christmas Day for graduates.
Speaker 2: Really good work. In my mind, I was like, I'm gonna go seventy five, but you said it's definitely over one hundred.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, shoot, so that some.
Speaker 3: Good skill game mind trick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good lesson.
Speaker 4: Don't listen to Chader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trash takes itself out every time.
Speaker 4: Every time. Are you saying a New York trash?
Speaker 2: I'm saying, well, thank you all for tuning into this holiday episode, and we hope that your holidays are spectacular. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you have not, that's right, if you have.
Speaker 1: Not purchased a Sunshine Mine, it's a perfect stocking.
Speaker 3: I just put it right at this talking. It's a book that will help them three sixty five. Yeah, well, actually not to one hundred days, but so the for the first third of the year, stick with them for the rest of their life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, two four seven, three.
Speaker 3: Sixty five exactly.
Speaker 4: We actually will be back next week, so we'll see you before that. Well, you'll hear us before the holidays. So have a wonderful weekend, and we love you so much, but love you