Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air.
Speaker 1: Everyway, it's the Fifth Hour with Ben Mahllor and Danygy. It's awesome to have you with It's so cool that you're listening on an NFL Sunday. My heart skips a beat thinking about the fact that you are taking some time on a big day for football consumption and listening to this podcast. But you might be listening to it on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday. You don't have to necessarily listen on Sunday, although most people seem to listen and when we released the podcast. But anyway, Danny, here we are. We have a big Sunday show in store here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the numbers prove that the Sunday Show is worth us getting up early and doing. Even if London has the Jags.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't like the NFL. They're screwing with us putting these early games on, which is affecting our product. Here, stay in your lane, right, come on now, what's wrong with you? Shame on you.
Speaker 3: This isn't that the number one station anymore?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: On this podcast, we have the mail bag. The mail bag, we're going to start with Pop Goo's the Culture. We had planned on doing that back on Friday, and we didn't. As you predicted, Danny yet again ran out of time. It's snowballed. I know it happened. You know. I started talking about the viral video and spaghetti with Fernando and anyway, So we'll get to the mailbag. We'll start with Pop Goes the Culture. This actually was a late submission from Ozzi Waz in Western Australia and this is one of the coolest thing things on Pop Goes the Culture. But by the way, did Ohio il do his little song? Do we need ohio Al to do his little song?
Speaker 3: I think we do, right, Let's count him down three two ohio Al John John.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, I'm sorry. I almost forgot Ohio It's a bad job by me. Uh So this is submitted by Ozzie Waz from Western Australia and it is freaking awesome. I am going to send this to you, Danny, so you can watch in your studio. I have it on in my studio. When I was a little kid, my mom took me to the Samean Diego Zoo because they had a koala bear there. And at that time, as I remember, and maybe I'm wrong on this, but as I remember it, that was like a big deal. You could see a koala bear. And I remember as a little boy going to the San Diego Zoo with my mom and my dad and my brother and the koala bear they said was in there. But it sleeps like twenty two hours a day. It's literally the koala bears like the laziest animal you could possibly find. They rarely drink water, they get hydration, they eat the eucalyptus leaves and that's it. They literally sleep eighteen to twenty two hours a day. I bring that up because Ozzie wa send us a video and if you click on that video, Danny, you will see this is from an Australian YouTube channel. This guy is walking on some deserted back road dirt road in Australia and he hears a noise coming from the tree and a couple of Koala bears get into a wrestling match like a not as he says, it's like a professional wrestling. Ozziewah says, it's kind of like the WWE. They fall out of the tree, literally drop all the way down. If you watch the video, it's only a couple of minutes drop all the way down to where this guy is. And the funniest part about it is this this guy is giving verbal directions to tell the wild Koala bears in his language, his native tongue, to knock it off. And I can't believe that these creatures would not pay attention to a to English. And they're like grabbing each other's next. Oh, it was pretty good, right.
Speaker 3: I had no idea that they fought each other like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I didn't know that either, Danny. I never this is this is why this is such an amazing video. And I wanted to lead Pop Goes the culture. This was an email submission by Ozzie Wise, but this Azzia was coming through, big, coming through big on Pop Goes the culture. When they rolled down right in front of the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: That looked like it was out of like a Tom Cruise movie or something.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, so after you're done listening to the Fifth Hour podcast here, go to YouTube and type in Koala Fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, type in qualified. It's the All Things Australia YouTube channel. But yeah, koa La fight and this I guess this is from a few years back. It's not necessarily new, but I had never seen it before. This is amazing, right, this is nuts.
Speaker 3: That is awesome. Man. It's like you know when two kids were about the same size in gym class, when you'd be doing wrestling, yeah, and really going at it, and the whole class was all fired up. That's what these two koalas look like in the video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's pretty pretty neat. It's not necessarily recent, but it's we'd never seen it. It's new to us, Danny, Right, it's new to us, and it's awesome. And I didn't even know that, as you said, we didn't know that was possible. If the rest of the world knew about that, I think that thing would have like one hundred million views, not you know, not a couple million, but anyway.
Speaker 3: They look so dead, like you said, at the zoo, they're so boring and lazy. They look cuddly, but they're boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just eat eucalyptus leaves and they sleep cage matches like this at the zoo, people would be lined up. They look like little stuffed animals and they're fighting with each other. It's hilarious, like the stuffed animals fighting coming to life to get into a boxing match with each other. It's so good. What else do we have A pop goes to the culture. Well, people are freaking out. You were just in Vegas last weekend, Danny. People freaking out about how expensive everything is. That the Spear in Vegas, this newest venue that just opened up, and the U two is doing a residency I believe until December. So the people are losing their mind about how much the drinks are and the parking. They only have a three hundred spot parking lot for that massive Spear. Not enough. Not enough parking.
Speaker 3: No, you'd have to park somewhere else on the strip and then get an uber to the sphere.
Speaker 1: Well, but people don't want to do that. They want to park right at the Spirit. But you can't do that, and so the spear, of course, is gouging people. The price for self parking is one hundred dollars at the spear. For valet parking, it's one hundred and twenty five dollars, and so they're complaining about that. And then you have the alcoholic beverages, which is a must if you're going to go to this two billion dollars. And if you don't know what the spear is, it's We've talked about it. It's it's a giant ball.
Speaker 3: And it's the the Madison Square Garden. Folks built this, and it's got the world's most led screens on the outside inside, and they have the most speakers of any center in the world. So this is basically the best place you could ever witness a concert.
Speaker 1: Allegedly it's at the Venetian. It's right near the Venetia. I think it's part of the property. So it's it's mass, it's massive, and it's very expensive. It's got about eighteen thousand seats and three hundred parking spaces that that doesn't seem to work, although as you're right there, I mean there's a lot of parking in Vegas and they'll gouge you at any of the hotels.
Speaker 3: It's not like, oh yeah, by the way, it's taller than the Statue of Liberty, and the floor it's two football fields long, and spoiler alert, the floor is lava. No, or at least that's what it looks like with the screens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so some people have been going to this obviously, and they're posting how much everything costs inside the Spear and to get a specialty cocktail thirty dollars at the Spear. You want a margarita that'll cost you twenty. You want a draft beer that's eighteen to nineteen dollars. A glass of wine will cost you twenty dollars. Here's the one that's the most outrageous, though, because they always gouge you for alcohol. How about this one at the Spear in Vegas for a souvenir soda that'll cost you fourteen dollars. Sounds like a Dodgers game pretty much. Seven dollars for some water. Seven dollars for a little bottle of water. Yep, my god, holy crap.
Speaker 3: Welcome to inflation, mother suckers.
Speaker 1: Get you can ever go. I don't know that I'll ever be in this spear. I mean maybe if somebody hooks me up with the freebie, I'll go.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm pretty cheap, Danny, I don't know that I want to want to do that, you know, saying I don't know. All right, Well, here we go, on pop goes the culture. Here we go. That's my favorite Dak Prescott SoundBite of all time when he played the Patriots and he kept saying his cadence was here we go, all right, here we go. It was so so ridiculous. All right. Study is trying to uncover why so many people are scared of clowns. Afraid of the clowns. International Journal of Mental Health, attempting to uncover the reasons why so many of us suffer from ulal phobia. I believe is how you say it, the fear of clowns, the psychology behind it, and why everyone is is terrified. Well, when I was a kid, Danny, there was a good reason to be scared of clowns, because I'd heard stories from my parents about a very famous clown who was killing people and burying them in his basement. If I remember correctly, right, I will Uncle Buck a clown in the face.
Speaker 3: Remember John Candy in his famous scene when the drunk clown shows up at the door.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Wait have you been Have you been drinking a little bit? Yeah? What's it to you, buddy? And then he bunches up in his big clown nose. So good, that is?
Speaker 1: That is so anyway, they haven't figured out yet, but they're they're investigating. Well, here's somebody afraid on Popko's the culture of bed bugs. Now, this is a good reason to be afraid of bed bug because those nasty little bastards will really mess with your day and cause you all kinds of problems and you just can't get rid of them. So one traveler who was so freaked out by the bedbug invasion decided, you know, this thing's all over Europe right now. People are freaking out about the bed bugs. It's supposedly biblical, right anytime bedbugs attack, they think it's an infestation out of the Bible, bloodsuckers. So this person, I think this person did it to get a bunch of views on TikTok and it worked. This guy riding a train went viral because he wore a full hazmat suit like he was in a bolo worker. Yeah, he rode around the continent of Europe there wearing a full hazmat suit to avoid the bed bugs.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: So bed bugs had been spotted on the transit system in the UK, So it's not there got nasty nasd nasty for sure. All right. Here's an odd one from Popco's The Culture. Were we a Seinfeld fan? I was, okay, I watched it sometimes, I wasn't like the cute the biggest Seinfeld fan of the world back in the day, in the nineties.
Speaker 3: It was one of those reruns where you could have it on in the background while you're getting ready for Yeah.
Speaker 1: So some of the episodes, the Big Wallet one was funny because I have a big wallet, So people would say if that could stands a while. I mean, there's things I quote from Seinfeld. But I didn't watch every episode of Seinfeld. But the famous thing about Seinfeld was how popular it was and how shitty The final episode of Seinfeld was. So Jerry Seinfeld recently indicated that they're going to remake the finale of Seinfeld. Yes, yeah, they're gonna bring the cast back together and they're gonna do it again and We'll see if that actually happens.
Speaker 3: But how do they make them look the same age?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe through the magic of television, Danny, they can add to the story, right they can they can?
Speaker 3: Oh, I see, Okay, finally they get released from jail and now they're this age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could do something like that. Okay exactly, So who knows.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's Seinfeld was implying that that's gonna happen. Rolex. Rolex Debut has debuted a a first new collection of Rolexes in a decade, Perpetual nineteen oh eight is what it's called, I believe, unless I'm butchering it, first new collection in a decade. And I'm not a watch guy. I have a Apple watch that I use because it keeps track of my steps. So as far as the Rolex I actually have, it's not a Rolex. It's like the next lowest brand. But padd O'Brien, I've told the story before. Padd O'Brien one of the funniest things he ever did. I was working with him, filling in for Steve Hartman, and pob is like, Hey, you don't have a watch you want to watch? I'm like, oh, I mean, okay, whatever, you know. So he goes out to his car. He gets his plastic zip block bag, brings it back filled with high end designer watches, like really expensive watches, and he says pick one. Yeah, take whatever you wants. So I grabbed the watch. The only catch was the watch were not. The battery on the watches was not that he needed to replace the battery, so that was a problem. Yeah, anyway, where's that watch?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: You know I've moved several times.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I have no idea I should get her appraise. I wonder if it's actually worth as much as it appears to be worth. Yeah, but that would be kind of rude to Pat. But I don't talk to Pat much anymore. Anyways, he'll never know about that, I promise you. Pat O'Brian not listening to this podcast. Even when Pat was on the podcast, he wasn't listening. He was eating lunch when we had Pat on the podcast, TikTok. A couple of stories from TikTok. A doctor on TikTok, surprising many people because the doctor was giving out health advice on things like HIV, cancer and other illnesses. Wearing medical scrubs, only to be determined at the person was not actually a doctor, was a total quack, total medical quackery.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Doc Mike was going to make it into the podcast.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, I don't think this was Doc Mike, because I don't think Doc knows what TikTok is. But somebody was pretending to be a doctor. And that's that's a little scary. Now, if you're getting your medical your medical stuff from TikTok, that seems like it's a bad, bad life decision. It's kind of like taking medical advice from somebody on the radio. But every once in a while I will get someone that will say, hey, I got I got a cousin that's sick. What's the garlic therapy? And so I always have to write back Danny, and I have to say, well, listen, I am not a doctor.
Speaker 3: I'm a doctor.
Speaker 1: You should not take medical advice from me. But here's what I do. Here, here's what I do, and I you know, garlic is nature's antibiotic. And I go through the whole spiel and all that, and I have never had anyone get back to me that has done it, that have said they regretted doing, which is good.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't been worried, like somebody's gonna say my burn my gums and it didn't do anything and all that. But garlic is is divine. I love garlic. I love old garlic, I love new garlic. I love all kinds of garlic. I am a fan of garlic. Sam I am love it. Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't don't be listening to people at climby doctors on on TikTok. I'm not even on TikTok, but I have. Here's another TikTok story, people freaking out because a user on that app determine the quickest way, the simplest way to soak up grease while cooking. You know what it involves, Danny, Uh, your wife's tongue noves. Well, that's an interesting way of phrasing it. No, it would be a different item. How about a tampon? A tampo, I was close, you were not far. Well, it's a different part body, but but yeah, the tampon. So of course, the people that have a stick up their keyster are freaking out. They're like, oh my God, you can't. This is terrible, right. Uh, they're getting all freaked out the backlash because of that. I mean, really, who cares, it doesn't it's it's an item. I know what the tampon's used for, but it has other uses. It's multi you could use it for many things. It's got a lot of things you can use it for, so multi functional exactly. It's it's like a Swiss army knife, if you will, depending on how it sounds too sharp, I know, I know, all right, let's get to the let's get to the mail bag. What do you say, let's do it? Ohio, Well you know what to do. It's bag. Well, we were remiss last week on the mail Bag to point out that we got some listener swag as a gift. Danny g And I don't think we mentioned this on the podcast. I don't remember mentioned.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't get to mention this last weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we finally got the Pony Express, which is I think what we used to get the mail. Our friend Neil, the Great Neil, who's a big fan of the show, used to live in Miami. Now he's in Greenville and the Carolina's there and Neil is a big fan of this podcast. We love him. He sent us a couple of baseball caps from the local baseball team, the South Atlantic League Champions, the Single A. I believe it is affiliate or rookie ball affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. And I really want to thank Neil for two reasons. Number one, he sent me a hat in my size. That's a size eight. Some people send me hats and I can't. I can't wear them because they don't fit. And then the other thing that's kind of cool is this is a good looking hat. It's got a frog on it.
Speaker 3: I actually wore mine yesterday and my girl said, are those baseball bats or frog legs? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, it's a good looking it's a good looking item. So I do want to think Neil's very kind. And these things are so expensive these days. I occasionally all beg for hats, but I feel bad because they're so freaking expensive, you know. And but Neil was very kind, and so I know you're a big fan of the podcast. You listen every week, Neil, although sometimes you binge listen, you stop listening for a while and you go back and binge listen. But thank you to Neil, that was awesome, Bove and beyond the call of duty. Alf Ai attorney to the Stars rights, and says ben do you own the name Benny Versus the Penny? Asking for a friend? Yeah, so there's lawyers with NBC involved in that. Let's just say Benny Versus the Penny is on loan right now. But you know, I'm guessing if it does if the show doesn't do well, the TV show which is on if you're listening to us in the New York City area on SNY today at eleven thirty am. So hopefully you're hearing this before it runs on SNY and New York. But here's the thing. If Betty Versus the Penny is not a success, I'm pretty sure that NBC is not going to hold on to the trademarks like Seinfeld or something like that, you know what I'm saying. So I don't think it'll be a problem. Alf also says, Benjamin, what did you do to upset the apple cart over at the Mothership one night? It's classic sparty not even able to read your intro at the top of the show. The next show, Eddie is back and you asked him if he's sick. He downplays it. I forgot I even did that. You're right, And then, like manna from heaven, Steve de Seger falls in your lap. And then here we go again, Here we go, the fly in the ointment, old Sparty returns. I much like you and a creature of habit. Every night you show up, there's a revolving door of people around you. What is that like when a personality with the cumpshit and the veteran savvy of Steve de Sager shows up to work with you in comparison to some of the greener employees. Well, it sounds like you're getting me. You're trying to get me to trash someone. I will not do that. All I will tell you is that I have known Steve de Sager for probably thirty years. I mean way back, me and Steve. We used to hang out in press boxes and try to outsmart each other on baseball names and stuff like that. So it is just smooth. It's like silk when I work with the Seger because we know each other, we work together a long time over the years, and most importantly, he's really good. He's really good. I've said this, he's the top guy that we have. He's one of the great news update guys out there. Steve de Seger so detailed, thorough, wonderful, all that stuff. Not to say the other people suck. I'm not saying that all. I just think Steve's just better head and shoulders above everyone else and some of these other guys. You know, it's a work in progress. It's a work in progress, and we all have to start somewhere. So I have to sometimes I have to realize that that. You know, I was terrible when I started. I sucked. I was horrific. But I did work at it. I did I didn't just look at my phone and futs around and not not rewrite things and things like that. So but listen, it's it is a challenge some nights. I'm not gonna lie to you, alf but the show must go on either way. So people seem to like when I'm annoyed, So for whatever that's worth, people find that delicious. They think that is just wonderful. When I'm really upset and you can tell that I'm annoyed, I don't hide it very well. Joe and Darcy, we haven't heard from them in a while. In Florida and Vera beach right in where have you Guys Been?
Speaker 3: Joe and Darcy.
Speaker 1: That's random anyway, they write in they was there ever a verdict as to whether I'm a Pilot was a real person or the figment of Gascon's imagination. I know you have mentioned seeing Gascon a few times since leaving the podcast, and did this topic ever come up? No, Well, I have seen Gascon. I've seen him a couple of times. He lives in Miami now, so I don't see him that often, but he does come back to LA every once in a while, even though he hates California with a passion. So he's supposed to be in the LA area later on, either this month or sometime in November, and I would imagine we have no plans, but I would imagine that we will end up having a meal together and I will bring up I'm a pilot, because I'm pretty sure that I'm a pilot. Either is Gascon or someone very close related to Gascon who has no interest in what I or Danny g has to say, because this person would email every week just about I'm a Pilot, claim to live in the Dallas area. Don't know much else about I'm a pilot. Other than that, during COVID they went to China and sent a bunch of photos claiming that they had been detained in the hotel room under quarantine and they had people in hazmat suits and the whole thing. Pete and Pittsburgh rights and says, what separates the fifth hour from the previous four? Where that would be the number five? Danny, Right, that's the number five. And you're on this show other than the regular show. You're not on that exactly.
Speaker 3: And Pete actually gets time on the podcast. I don't think he's on your live show much, is he.
Speaker 1: No. Every once in a while, once every three months, he'll be stumbling bumbling out of the strip club he works at the ballet there, and he'll calls completely hammered, and then that's it, dude.
Speaker 3: I love hearing his voice on the phone though. It reminds me of the good old Howard Stern days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Howard was so good.
Speaker 3: Hemy was good. Why did he have to.
Speaker 1: Well, he's so rich, he doesn't he can do whatever he wants. It's it's his Uh My theory is it's the lady. Blame the lady because she convinced him. She I think she's the one that wanted to hang out with all the celebrities and the Hamptons and all that, because he never wanted to be that guy he used to brag about. He never wanted to interview somebody that he was friends with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pittsburgh Pete is what Howard called him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Pittsburgh Pete and uh and yeah. And like Stern back in the day, he he was the there's a term in our business, Danny. It's called the Stern effect. And they determined that people who actually hated Howard Stern listen longer yep, than those that liked Howardstern. But now he seems to want everyone to like him, except I guess conservatives, but everyone else he wants to to love him. And they determined that the people that love him, uh, you know, that's fine, they'll listen, but the people that don't love him, they they don't want to miss a chance to be angered or outraged by something he said.
Speaker 3: Very odd. I wish that one day he'd wake up and kind of like snap out of it and revert back to him old self and get on the air and fire people that don't fit his old show, bring on people and callers from his old show and go full guns blazing. That would be amazing. Imagine if it was like the resurrection of the real Howard Stern'd be sweet. I'd be there.
Speaker 1: That would be all about that. I would love it. And the guys that go super woke, like Stern and Jimmy Kimmel, like those guys, like they were so far the other direction and like the internet's forever. There's photos of Jimmy Kimmel in blackface from when he did a skit with Corolla. He was dressed as like Carl Malone and Stern. I mean, there's all kinds of crazy stuff with Stern from back in the day, right, and it's like, you can't. I don't know. It's just it's odd that you think you can go that far the other direction, and like that stuff doesn't it doesn't just vanish, it's there forever, Danny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, I don't care about Stern's politics. I just care about his radio show. And I was such a fan of him early on that I just wish his radio show remained the same.
Speaker 1: So I have a hypothesis I want to run buy you keep your politics private. Yeah, but here's the thing. Is it possible that, in addition to his lady friend, his wife is much younger wife wanting to hang out with the celebrities and the Hamptons. Is it also possible that Stern has a guilty conscience because he, as much as anyone, helped promote Donald Trump? Right, Donald Trump was just a real estate the son of a real estate mogul in New York who wanted to be famous, and it was a regular on the Howard Stern Show back in the nineteen eighties. Then congratulations before anyone knew who the f he was, and that helped propel him. And is it conceivable because Stern's been hanging out with all the wokesters there on Long Island. That is why. That's part of the reason he feels like he's responsible for Trump becoming the president.
Speaker 3: He's over compensating to the crowd that he's hanging out with. Now that sucks.
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm psychoanalyzing Howard Stern.
Speaker 3: Yeah you are? I like it? All right? What about I hope you're doing good? There, have a drink for me?
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have to ask Pete to do that, He'll do it anyway. Kevin in Kansas says, Dear Ben and Danny G. With the success of Benny Versus depending on TV. What if FSR did a companion show for Danny G Danny versus the Granny where Danny picks his winner and then Ben tosses the Granny and if she lands her head, the grand degrees but her butt she disagrees like this, That's like something that would be on the old Howard Stern show. Right, toss it Danny versus the Granny. That's funny.
Speaker 3: And you could take Baba Buie and dress him up as an old lady and literally flip him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can bring back Jackie the joke man. Bring bring Jackie back, stuttering, you can bring it.
Speaker 3: Bring him in there, have like a big Andre the Giant come to the show, get up addressed as a grandmother and flip them in the air.
Speaker 1: Who's next? J Bone from Portland, Maine says, Hello, Ben and Danny G. Bacon or sausage also home fries or hash browns. I just went out to breakfast and had to make these tough decisions. Also bonus optional question what you guys are? What are you getting for bread? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Boys? Eat up?
Speaker 1: I think he means actual bread, not money. But let's see hash Brown's home fries. Let's start with that. That's a tough one. I think that's it depends on the serving size, I would say.
Speaker 3: I say it depends on how they're cooked, because don't you love the hash browns when they're well done on the top, nice and speak?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that is a good option.
Speaker 3: Takes really good with ketchup like that.
Speaker 1: Home fries like a potato wedch a good potatoch am. I wrong on that? Isn't a home fry like a potato witch?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The potatoes. I don't like potatoes with breakfast. I never really have as kids, obviously, whenever somebody would give us a hash brown from McDonald's and squirt some ketchup on it, we're like, yeah, nice and greasy. But other than that, like when people sit there with a big serving of potatoes on their breakfast plate. I don't want to start off my morning with potatoes in my stomach.
Speaker 1: I want to have some stars right there, big side. No, I got you. The only time I eat breakfast is when I am staying at a hotel and I have to because my wife drags me to eat breakfast because she loves breakfast. It's her favorite favorite. Lastually, the last time I eat breakfast was in Pawtucket in Rhode Island, because my wife found We were driving through all the Northeastern states and she found a what she thought was gonna be the greatest little breakfast mom and pop shop.
Speaker 3: We went there.
Speaker 1: It was terrible, but I did eat breakfast.
Speaker 3: Sourdough or English muffin.
Speaker 1: Again, it comes down to the preparation. I go sour though, I go sour dough, you, Danny.
Speaker 3: That's not bad either. Or but a well done English muffin with those nooks and cranny really good. Problem is when you order breakfast, they put the bread in their toaster for like twenty seconds. It seems like you have to say well done for your toast, otherwise it comes out and it's not toasted whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good call. That's your that's you know what you win. Top take of the podcast. That's the great Today's podcast, Dandy, that's the top take.
Speaker 3: It's just like a piece of sour dough out of the loaf of bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this shit, it's not toasted and the butter doesn't even melt on it because they didn't long enough and.
Speaker 3: Needs some hard butter for a non toasted piece of bread.
Speaker 1: Not right, not right at all. Jabon, as far as bacon sausage, I think you gotta go bacon on that right, You can't. You can't go the sausage.
Speaker 3: You got to go the bake bacon, and it's got to be crispy to where it crumbles.
Speaker 1: Crumble, crumble, crumble. Next up, Mike and Fullerton says hocus pocus, Ben and Danny G. I'm here to help you with your mosquito problem.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 1: Mosquitos are mainly attracted by two things, body odor and the carbon dioxide you exhale. So when you're outside, just put on plenty of deodorant, hold your breath, and you can kiss your mosquito problem. Goodbye. You're welcome. Well, thank you very kind there. And yeah, here's a question for Danny G. Just for Danny G. Is chili a soup? Think very carefully before you answer.
Speaker 3: No, it's not a soup. It's two meaty soup is watery. Chili is not, or it shouldn't be at least.
Speaker 1: That's a wrong answer, Danny did. We debated this on the Overnight show. We determined that chili is served in a bowl with a spoon. How is soup served?
Speaker 3: Danny, Well, cereal is served in a bowl with a spoon, and that's not soup.
Speaker 1: It is a soup. It's a breakfast soup. Cereal is a breakfast soup. But chili. We also determine no beans, only meat in the chili. No beans in the chili.
Speaker 3: Anything that soup though you slurp out of the bowl, and your mom says, put that bowl down and be a human. You would drink that with with your spoon, not the bowl.
Speaker 1: But you can't eat chili out of a bowl.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make it.
Speaker 1: Soup though it's the same. It's it's a thick soup. It's like a chunky soup. Nah got matza ball soup. It's like a lentil soup. You ever had lentil soup? It's disgusting. My mom used to make it, but I hate it because I was a kid. I didn't know any better, and I would pick around the lentils because I hated the lentils. But it's lentil soup. But it's very thick.
Speaker 3: Put sour cream on chili. You don't put sour cream on soup and soup that's not a meal. Soup is a side.
Speaker 1: What about chili? What about French onion soup? That's what about it.
Speaker 3: I don't put I don't put sour cream on that.
Speaker 1: But that could be a meal, French onion if it's thicking off off, the cheese is thicking off and they have enough onion content in the soup.
Speaker 3: I would never order french onion as a as an entree. But if it was a whole bowl of chili with sour cream and crackers and bread, you could actually eat chili and be full.
Speaker 1: What about the place in Burbank that's got the great bread. I'm forgetting the smokehouse they have on the weekends in Burbank here they have tremendous, just wonderful french on your soup. You wouldn't have that as your meal.
Speaker 3: No, as one of my sides.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's about you went from the take of the podcast to the bad take on ChIL. Wrong. I'm on the right, I'm on the right side. I know my chili.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think Howard Stern would agree with you on this one. All right.
Speaker 1: Next up, we have I'll do a couple more and get out of here.
Speaker 3: He'll Billy.
Speaker 1: Mike sent me some tow advice. He said, I need to go to a pediatrist and I can have my toenails permanently removed. He said he had this done three years ago and he has been loved life ever since. Claimed he had all kinds of tow issues, said that his toenails got really thick. It resembled the toe fungus. That looked like it was fungus. It wasn't. So he says, I should have my toenails removed. I don't know that I'm at that point yet.
Speaker 3: How is that one growing in by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we determined there was a rogue nail covering the part of the toe that it was actually dried blood. But the problem is I've been unable. I have to have my wife like cut into the toe to dig the nail. I don't know how this happened because the nail on top of the other nail has fallen off, But the lower nail it just grew over. The toenail grew over the other nail, So it's nail on nail like that. Mike and Mike it's nail and nail, you know, so.
Speaker 3: I need a cosmetic toe surgeon. Sounds like not good.
Speaker 1: Fred in Spring, Texas says, I know both of you have been married for a while.
Speaker 3: Well you know.
Speaker 1: How long you've been married.
Speaker 3: Wow, I haven't even been married for a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, no, that's not a whole time. I've been married for ten years now, which blows me away. Anyway, says, what's your biggest surprise or your new life after you tied the knot? What is the surprised? Any surprises to you?
Speaker 3: You're still I would say the biggest surprise is how that makes my wife think that she's the boss somehow.
Speaker 1: Oh the jewelry, the contract.
Speaker 3: The just getting married. Yeah, like all of a sudden, I'm the boss. Now, no you're not. You're not the boss. I had to tell her the other night you're not the boss, and she's mad. She got really mad, and she stomped down the stairs, and then later she came up She's like, I'm sorry if I'm being boss.
Speaker 1: Ye yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean I feel like things are going pretty smooth. It's just like I would only say, and I don't think this is anything to do with the wife. It's just that it's it's just a whirlwind. It's just flying by, you know. I want to slow it down. I want to like land the plane. I want to go out and smell the flowers. And it's just like every day. It's like something I especially now with the TV show because I got to spend so much time getting ready for that, with the production meetings on top of everything else. I mean, these are first world problems. But it's like pretty much Fridays, I do this podcast and then I'm a wreck. I got to I fall asleep at like eight o'clock. At nine o'clock on a Friday night, I got to take a nap because I'm just dead to the world. And then I have Saturday to kind of futs around and have some fun and all that. But then I'm right back on Sunday for the radio show. So and I've got the podcast. We've got to do all weekends.
Speaker 3: So and by the way, big Man, in case she listens to this podcast, she's a wonderful woman.
Speaker 1: She's a lovely lady, and my apologies to her.
Speaker 3: She's still got the boss, though not the bot.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you I got you. Yeah, I just I think, Yeah, I gotta learn, Danny. You listen and ignore, listen and ignore. That is the key. You listen and you pick some things up and you ignore the rest, and you know, you just got to pacify certain certain things. Chris and Marricca to Iowa right since it has been I found this slot machine, sent some photos at the Hoe Chunk casino. That can't be the real name? Can it in bar Boo, Wisconsin?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: A bar a Boo, Wisconsin, and it's called Benny Big Game. Perhaps you should add your nickname list. It would remind everyone of all your athletic achievements. Well, thank you for that, Chris. As you know, I was Benny the Bopper when I played baseball and moneyball mallor when I played basketball. He says, putting your face on the machine and you can start cashing in those sweet royalty checks. Imagine a bonus round where you have to pick from Benny's big board of losers for the jackpot. Now that is winning, he says, Go Raiders, and then go.
Speaker 3: Raiders, and Ben is the penny still winning this season?
Speaker 1: We don't need to talk about it's very close, Danny. We're separated by just a game or two. It's literally neither one of us is doing any good. It's both. It's like last year I destroyed the penny with you, Danny. This year I blame the cameras, I blame the lights, and I blame Looney.
Speaker 3: That's the difference. I played along with the bit I let you win and loon. Andy's got such an ego he wants to beat you.
Speaker 1: Tom Looney owns me. I'm his bitch, clearly, without a doubt. Edited audio is what that is. And the thing about Benny versus the Penny is like, I'm doing the same exact handicapping I.
Speaker 3: Did last year.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing, but this year it's not going my way. Last year it went my way. You know what that is. That's called gamba. Sometimes sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the anyway. Thanks to Jonathan and we didn't have time to get this question George and Uvaldi Texas, and thanks you to Michael Joe and there's a couple other people. Son. I'll be back tonight. I got Benny Versus the Penny a little bit before the kickoff of the early television games, not the London game, the early games on the East Coast at one o'clock eastern, ten o'clock in the West. And then I'll be on tonight Monday night on the Pacific time zone at eleven o'clock, but that's two am in the Eastern time zone where most people live. On we'll have the Ben malorship and Danny what are you up to?
Speaker 3: I hope Max Crosby terrorizes mac Jones and gets them put on the bench again. That would be beautiful. Go Raiders. You are on the radio tonight. Tomorrow I'm back on the radio with Covino and Rich two to four pm on the West Side, and that's five to seven pm in New York City. Don't forget Ben. On Mondays, it's last one standing where your voice is used in the open and during the game.
Speaker 1: What time is that I might have to tune in that game.
Speaker 3: Is three twenty pm West Coast time.
Speaker 1: All right, I might have to flip on the iHeartRadio app and give that a listen. All right, have a wonderful rest of your day. May all your picks be winning ones, or at least all my picks be winning ones, and all the Pennies picks be losing ones. We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 3: Later, Skater got a murder. I gotta go.