Speaker 1: All the kids who I remember from growing up who were like the funny kids, they just did, they just did. Jim Carrey got to kill you. Yeah, that's because we been have social media. There was literally are you Jim Carrey or not? Because if you're not, I want you out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In my age group, it was what it was, Dane Cook and Chappelle was it was very weird, diametrically opposed. That's such a weird thing because like it's easy for kids to nail Jim Carrey because he's just a fucking goof.
Speaker 1: What is Dane Cook?
Speaker 2: Like like a twelve years and be Dane Cook? Like what kind of shit is he doing? Like just doing just regurgitating the materials, walking back and forth. They just ripping that for their dumb kids. I don't think. I think so. Honestly, this was only the white kids, no one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we do. We appropriate to see.
Speaker 2: At least I had Jim Carrey because in Living Color, so I could do a Damon Wayne's thing that I love, like especially I love like the fucking jailhouse dude. He's like, allow me to ejack you tape excuse me.
Speaker 1: I mean that's still good. My semin inspirations still like fucking eating with that. You've got to open your mind. He's just such a good.
Speaker 2: I mean that show obviously has a lot of stuff that didn't age well. But I think though too, it's never us ever taking liberties and then improvising as a thing because I'm like, what are they doing? Bits, It's like you, no, you just said the same ship that made you laugh over and over again. So it's not like I was doing I was riffing on fire Marshall Bill. I was just saying, let me show you something.
Speaker 1: I act like it changed after childhood, but like in college, it was just Anchorman. It was just people being for me.
Speaker 2: It was sunny Heights or what a summer heights hot? Whatever?
Speaker 1: Ye Christopher.
Speaker 3: Bad habit, bad habit for drugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. Welcome mister G's Room. Oh my god, spin around, Chinaman, spin around. I don't know because this is you're brown face. Oh yeah the show.
Speaker 1: I remember that. That's when they were like, bro, the people were the quotes were brown face.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, there's obviously Jonah and everyone was like, oh well, I mean he's killing it, so is it okay? They think the logic back then, He's like, it's a good impersonation of a tong getting child. M hm, HBO. I feel like people were just like, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly like HBO can't be racist, Bro, what do you mean racist? That is really like how libs think sample he's on HBO. We can't be racist on HBO, getting him the fuck out of here. I also think Bill Maher describes that. He's like, I'm on HBO. I also can't be racist. Right. Let me say this because I dated Superhead for a little bit. Oh yeah, well you can say the N word as much as I like. Okay, that's how he really comes off, because he really because you were with Superhead. Well, he gets mad anytime someone brings it up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the podcast called I Hate Bill Maher, which my friend Will Weldon posts and I've was a recent guest.
Speaker 1: On Wait what did he just talk? You Hate Bill Maher?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he goes through episodes of what the fuck is it called Real Talk? Real Time? Real Time, Real time with ma and.
Speaker 1: Not Club Random.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that random random again, Christopher Lily So the other noticed.
Speaker 1: How random Bill Maher is.
Speaker 2: My god. Yeah, public schools are soy random. Oh my god, public schools is so random.
Speaker 1: See and now I'm being educated that I'm not beyond this because you're just repeating those lines.
Speaker 2: It's still making it.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three ninety one, Episode five of.
Speaker 2: Alyas Like Guys.
Speaker 4: It's a production of iHeartRadio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. Wreck Cannonball. I mean, I just it's however.
Speaker 1: You want to get in there. The water's fucking terrible. It's disgusting. Come on in the water is filthy, terrible.
Speaker 2: Don't open your eyes if you go under though, don't even don't let it get in your eyes. Ears no, or I'll honestly just don't get in go ankles.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, June sixth, twenty twenty five, six six n man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well six six.
Speaker 1: It's been a lot cooler if it was sixty six.
Speaker 2: It's National Eyewear Day, National Higher Education Day, National Donut Day, National Apple Sauce k Day, Apple Sauce Cake Day, National Gardening Exercise Day, National Yo Yo Day, National Drive in Movie Day, and for all of you Ryan out there, guess what it's also fucking the.
Speaker 1: Day National earned this day?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, National National Defense yep six to six. Yep. Hey, I remember the contributions of the Canadians when we stormed those beaches of Normandy, Juno and Sword Beach. Anyway, I watched way too much History Channel and D Day when I was eleven years old. Yeah, sounds like it, man, I fucking I work on that. I should, man, I should, but I just can't.
Speaker 1: Shit out of here. Nis her back man, and I got information about Crypto.
Speaker 5: My name is Jack O'Brien aka. I got that baby Jack, baby Jack, baby Jack. I got that baby Jack, Baby Jack, baby Jack. I got that baby Jack riz wearing propeller hats.
Speaker 1: That one courtesy of Cleo Universe. I think I was talking about being baby and wearing a propeller hat at some point on the show this week. Anyways, shout out Cleo Universe, thank you for that. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister.
Speaker 6: Miles Grass Miles Gray, booty.
Speaker 7: Body, body, brother everywhere, brother everywhere.
Speaker 2: Boom boog okay. Look shout out to Nick Semper teranis because I didn't realize that horse sweat was like foam. Yeah, I do. I know again that's where work up a lather comes from, and then is blather. Yeah, exactly exactly. Anyway, I see Caitlin's reaction there that face mouth gapic foam. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ye, horses sweat and it's foamy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a protein called Latherin no wonder.
Speaker 1: Their coats always look so clean and shine shiny.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I thought horses like panted like a dog instead of sweating.
Speaker 1: Just foaming up even when they're like really gassed. I feel like you never see them open their mouth. They're just like kind of you know, breathing heavy thing. They got those big nostrils. By the way, I've been sleeping with the uh nostril spander things, sleeping with the enemy Julia Roberts, Julia Roberts's husband from that movie. I've been sleeping with those like nose strip things.
Speaker 2: Wait, what is that? Theah you put like there was a thing that was like became a big deal for athletes.
Speaker 1: I think athletes still wear them sometimes.
Speaker 2: Breathe right strips.
Speaker 1: And I always just felt too foolish to like have the breathe right, strip be like, and now I'm wearing this athletic gear to sleep, but it really does help helps you breathe through your nose and snore less.
Speaker 2: Does the eye black help though?
Speaker 1: Is helpful? All right, we're getting the big wad of chew.
Speaker 2: Wait is this the adhesive one or that one I see on the internet with like the magnets that like pull adhesive. Oh okay, have you seen the one with the magnets where people clip them on and they're like and they're like, yo, what oh really? Fuck? Yeah, I mean that's next level. Yeah, it looks like it's like a magnetic nose ring people.
Speaker 1: It's kind of fun, But I feel like I would be too worried about losing the magnets up my nose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would. I'm sure there's got to be some kind of thing there, because yeah, that would be such bad.
Speaker 1: Losing ship up there. So you gotta gotta be careful.
Speaker 3: Shoving pennies.
Speaker 1: Still was changing the nine to eleven documentary. Yeah, my favorite, my favorite movie, Caitlin. We're thrilled to be joined in our third Caitlyn. I should have said, Miles, but I just want you to know caitlynjoined in our third seat by a very talented writer, stand up comedian co host of The Bechdel Cast. You're you might be getting a sense of who I'm talking about, Caitlin. One of the great one of the great film podcasts of all time that just had Alison Bechdel on. They also happen to have a our guests today who you might know also happens to have a master's degree in film and the most anagrammable name in the English language. So if you've been given their name in a jumble of out of order scrabble tiles, you may know them as Lauren d Titanic nine tit Dracula Latin Dancer UTM. But to us, Caitlyn, you will always be Caitlyn Durante's guest.
Speaker 2: It was it was just a bit oh my god, oh you know, yeah alive hell yea, I hear that. Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: It's been great. It's great to have you back, all in the guest chair. Yeah, yeah, one thing, yeah exactly. It's good to have you back. Where you belong.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess we're interested in.
Speaker 1: Welcome to club random here where you belong? Okay, new rule. Caitlin belongs in the third seat, not the second seat. I love good Bill Maher. I love a good Bill Maher impression.
Speaker 8: I do not got one, but got the vibe though I got the I just have that energy about me.
Speaker 1: Caitlin, what is what's new with you? Have you seen any films lately? I don't know that. We've talked about Paddington and Peru.
Speaker 3: I don't think we have.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I did see it an advanced screening. Wow, yeah, huge deal.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I have my thoughts about it. We won't we don't need to go into it super deeply, but I generally think it was pretty good. I was ready to be very disappointed by it, and it is the weakest of the trilogy, I would say, but it's only because you have to compare it to the best movie ever made, Paddington too, and that's a very high bar. So you know it's it's It's still good. Not as good as the first two. But I enjoyed myself.
Speaker 1: I watched the first twenty minutes with my kids and then I had to leave for an adult engagement. WHOA no big deal. But I was like, I've got a bad feeling about that nun and they were like, what, why are you saying that? I like to spoil make movie predictions, spoil the movie for my kids there like whoa, Dad, You're right, no, they're actually not that impressed. Usually, but any other any other films that you've been enjoying or not enjoying?
Speaker 3: Certainly you know, I enjoyed Friendship.
Speaker 2: I laughed a lot.
Speaker 3: I thought the story, you know, could they should have sent me the script for for a freaking for some notes.
Speaker 1: Always my first note on any film, I.
Speaker 3: Think, should Caitlin, And then I would have been like, who's that? And then what else have I seen?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I watched The Ugly Stepsister. In fact, that's that was going to be the piece of media I've been enjoying. At the end of the episode, okay, spoiling it.
Speaker 2: We'll ask what we'll expand on that when we get to.
Speaker 1: The okay core, Yeah, well we'll do that later. Yeah, we are thrilled. Just believe me when I say we're thrilled to have you back where you belong in the third seat. You all right, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about today. We've got a bit of a movie centric slate of stories. AMC wants to put more ads before movies, which is something we've all been asking for. So that's good. More ads. This is actually this happened to me before I saw Centers. The an ad appeared after the trailers before like it was like where the Nicole kidman would go in an AMC. They just had a lexis ad. Yeah, and I was it was like unobtrusive and like because they do it right as the lights are about to go down. I was just like I didn't get up and start throwing things like I should have, right, But.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been conditioned to accept like pre roll ads on video through YouTube and stuff, so I'm sure just like, yeah, yeah, all right, here we go, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: I was, I just I did stick my finger up and keep trying to hit skip it more seconds we're just happening. But yeah, I think that's just generally where we've been condition to accept bullshit across the board. That's where we're at as a as a civilization. Rainbow capitalism is now earth tone capitalism. Look at Target's latest colorless Pride collection. It's called the Neutral Pride m Dash Neutrals Collection. So we'll just talk about where we're at with Pride this year. We'll talk about what AI's secret role in Hollywood. They're already using it but trying not to acknowledge that they're using it, and just all sorts of good things. There's a mega credit card that was released with a fully Ai TV commercial. It's all good stuff, plenty more. But first, Katelyb, we do like to ask you, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: I mean, I had to confirm what all right, all right, all right is from because.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, all right, that's the one McConaughey I think I said L I V I N earlier incidentally, also from the same character.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay, okay, I did I did not catch that because I'm.
Speaker 1: A person I am. I like to quote. Those are my Matthew McConaughey's pedophile character from Days and Computers. So a chill one.
Speaker 3: I were about to cover it on the Bechdel Cast and we were, you know, communicating with our guest, and we like settled on it. I was like, how's this time and date for everyone, and our guess was like works for me. And then I was like all right, all right, all right. But then I was like, shit, is that from that movie? Like, I know, that's that's something that Matthew McConaughey says, just.
Speaker 2: I meant, I meant, that's actually what I meant.
Speaker 3: So yeah, which is hard to type out.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I parenthetical pounding chest with.
Speaker 1: The vocal warm up he did for his one scene in Wolf of Wall Street that they were just like, hey, could you do that again? That was weird as fuck? Can we just keep that in the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd rather not anyway, so I had to. I thought I was pretty for I was pretty sure it was originally from Daist and Confused, but I haven't seen that movie in a very long time, so I had to google it and make sure. And I was right. Because I'm a genius when it comes to movies. I know everything. I'm a walking encyclopedia, a walking eye.
Speaker 1: Learn from you this movie clotes, I learned that a movie.
Speaker 2: Quote your families asking you after you graduate and what did you learn? Oh that I'm fucking goaded? Oh okay, how what what do you mean? Just like, I fucking I knew I fucking was the ship man, I fucking even know why I bothered. This ship just told me everything I already knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasted so much money goodwill hunting, Just like you have any idea how easy this is for me to pick the right movie quote at any given situation. Fucking watch you fumble around and be like, I love lamp when it should have been all right, all right, all right, I love my pools.
Speaker 2: That's such a terrible mistake to get those wires crushed, you love, I love lamp. No, what milk was a bad choice? It's it's milk was a bad choice. Sorry, sorry, Oh what do you love? Okay? Well, yeah, now this is happening, and they marry Kickbackster off that bridge. That was that was Jack bluck, That was Jack so bad at this game?
Speaker 3: Yeah you don't well you don't have a master's degree in that.
Speaker 1: That's right, exactly. Do you have any idea how easy this is for Kaylyn and difficult it is to watch us fumble around and fuck these.
Speaker 2: Movie quoted about getting the MFA. Okay, is that you realize there's more than one movie that's Anchorman, that's right.
Speaker 3: That is also the other main thing I learned.
Speaker 1: Caitlyn, is he talking about Anchorman too?
Speaker 2: Is that what Anchorman two?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A movie?
Speaker 5: Besides yeah, yeah, I know there's more than there's other movies that are Anchorman, Caitlin, what's something you think is underrated? I?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is something that I personally underrate, rather than like something that society under rates, because any of these questions are open to interpretation. Oh yeah, and I couldn't think of anything.
Speaker 1: Oh believe me, Miles, and I do overrated underrated every Monday morning. And when I tell you that, I take some liberties where I'm just like, I don't know, this is a thought I had. How am I going to make them turn this into an underrated Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you get it anyway, But this is true. This is something that I do underrate, which is like just acknowledging the positives of a situation, acknowledging what's nice about something. And the reason I realized this is because I have I have a little you know, on my notes app, I have a list of like anticipating that I will not be able to think of anything for my over and underrated, So I'm like, oh, I had this strange thought of thing of something I thought was underrated. I'm going to write it down for the next time I am a guest on the Daily Ze guest a guest where I rightfully belong.
Speaker 2: So you must have a ton because you've last couple of times you've been guest co posts.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: But what I was finding is that I had a long list of things I think are overrated and no things I think are underrated because I focus on the negatives of sayings. I'm like when I, for example, and I teach my screenwriting classes, I'm very good at giving notes on something that needs to be improved or something that's not working, and I have a harder time articulating like what what is working about this and why? So I just I tend to just like focus on the negatives of everything, and so I undervalue and underwrite in my own life the positives of things. So I'm like, I don't know, I'm just I'm just working on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say that when you do have an underrated you can do a lot of Like Paddington Too, I feel like you really taught the told the world like this is a film that you should be taking more seriously. This is like what starts and would be making if he hadn't disappeared up his own ass, you know, like that this is and that's what I was like, Yeah, this is this is correct, and yeah, I do feel like you started a movement. So maybe you're also just like really selective and only only picking the most correct underrated things.
Speaker 3: Wow, and and look at what you just did, Jack, You focused on the positive, yes, of.
Speaker 1: More underrated are underrated? I think you're underrated, Minelan. I don't know why I can only focus on the negatives too. Oh no, I'm the same way, Like I always have a hard time figure out what's underrated. But to that, but your broader point like it, I'm the same way. And I really had to like think about that question about perception being reality of like when I'm so focused on everything that's negative, I tend to just get fully consumed in a very negative headspace and not like I need to completely convince myself that, like.
Speaker 2: Like let me focus on things that are made up, but realizing there are good things too that you also can bring your attention to. That just to even the scales a bit, how about we do three less shitty things and acknowledge three things that are neutral and maybe hey, even nice.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's helped a lot because I felt like I was always like a, like bad shit was happening, or like I'd make mistakes and stuff like weird dumb, like just weird shit that would like irritate me would happen more When I was always focused on everything that was like kissing me off.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, and like I will, I'm my own worst critic. I'm always like what what's what are you doing? Why'd you do that? Blah blah blah, But I never I never compliment myself and I should start. Yeah, So hey listeners, if you have any compliments you would like to pay me that I can plagiarize.
Speaker 2: Right that you want to pay me to hear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, then me truly, like my brain never randomly thinks of something cool I did in high school. It only will be like it sucks so bad, something that keeps you up at do you have Like I'll just like to think of something that I said or did, like maybe not high school, but like you know, in the past. Sometimes recently I was just like, oh fuck, like I just smelled a really bad fart or something and then just just move along. But I never am like, ah, remember that that was the right thing to say at that moment. You know, you killed you bro? That was actually really good, well done. Yeah, I think we all struggle with it. But a great underrated. What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: I think that doing everything together, specifically like as a couple, or like if you're traveling with people, or like just any kind of unit of people who are going to do an activity maybe and like the pressure to do it all together and not be able to like split off if there's a disagreement about what should be done. It's just like this, like yeah, the pressure of like, no, we have to do this together. Or again, if someone's like in a real mantic couple ship, they're like, no, I won't do this without my person. I have to do it. We have to do everything together. I think that's overrated and people should feel free to branch off, breakoff.
Speaker 2: Who's catching tell me who's catching a subliminal stray? Right now? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: I should just be able to have fun on my own.
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't have to bring your partner this time. I don't know. I get that it's new and exciting, but please, I get the thing too, Like when you go to like a theme park too, when people go literally.
Speaker 1: Like, motherfucker, I hate that ride and I'm going to be an asshole if you forced me to go on it.
Speaker 2: Why don't you do that? And I will go have a truro and I'll be right here when you're done.
Speaker 3: This is absolutely fine, but people act like, no, we have to do this together, or like we don't.
Speaker 1: It's like the one dad, this it really should be the one good thing. I all this, and like I feel like I've had experience where I'm like, guys, we have cell phones, like we have each other again. I'm just yeah, we're still living like we're in the pre cell phone era, like the cell phones have ruined fucking everything. Just to at least enjoy this extra luxury of just being like, yeah, we can fucking split off. I can put my hood up and go ghost protocol like I like to do sometimes on family.
Speaker 2: Vacations, go on them.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, a dad, he's going ghost protocol. You can tell because his hoodie just went off.
Speaker 2: You mean he's having a panic attack in line for the ride. So he just putting shot on the stairs on his phone. I'm going ghost protocol, y'all. It's just so funny to say, really spicing up the fact that you're just feeling kind of off about shit. Sorry, I gotta go ghost protocol. I'm off. That's great.
Speaker 3: No, I go ghost protocol all the time. If I'm like traveling with someone and they want to do they want to go to like of some fucking museum that I don't give a shit about, I'm like, great, you go do that. I'll go do this other thing. We can meet up later for dinner or whatever.
Speaker 2: Like great question, totally random. Who is the last person you went on a trip with?
Speaker 1: Unrelated to this?
Speaker 2: And they're listening right.
Speaker 3: Now and they're frying.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I well, like when I I went to Ireland a few years ago with my sister and she was like kind of under the impression that we would do every single thing together. She kept wanting to do things there it is I didn't want to, Like, that's not how I wanted to spend my time. So I was like, if you want to buy all means And I think she learned some independence right and then, and I learned how to you know, clearly, but considerately establish some boundaries, like an advocate for yourself experience for all of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, because you said you and your and your sister's personalities are pretty different, right, quite different?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, do you remember you saying that? So this this tracks? Okay, love you though, love you though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, love you Sarah. She's not listening. She doesn't care about anything I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe we could have done a podcast together, but you want to do.
Speaker 1: That, all right, And it is good that we have this, this new piece of evidence because I think a lot of Jamie was on last week talking about going to the Snoopy Museum, and I think that I think people would have been like Kaitlyn did want to go to the Snoopy Museum but.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah no, no, no, I would have gone, but I wasn't invited.
Speaker 1: No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: No, everything is fine, it's great, love you, Jamie.
Speaker 1: I just wish we spent more time to get all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: Oh he didn't finish it? Was then you didn't finish it?
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to be? And we're am I back? Back from the ads.
Speaker 2: You see there you go.
Speaker 1: We were on a break and I just can't live with that. You wang wow, just some monotone gang and that just can't live without zeit gang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and AMC trying to put Uh they've created a fun I just like the degree to which this is irresistible to marketing people and like I read it and I was like, oh, this is happening. There's no stopping this. This is a fucking freight train. There's nothing that's going to stop this. They've they've created a new ad spot that goes between the trailers and the feature presentation, and they're calling it the Platinum spot. Right before this starting the film, baby love.
Speaker 2: To see their offerings when they go out to potential advertisers. I mean there's also the Platinum I don't know if you guys meant do you think they do that maybe where it's like Platinum spot, it's in a folder, it falls out during the meeting and they're like, oh god, sorry, you weren't supposed to see that. Well what was that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nothing, you wouldn't be interested. It's like for super high roller clients. No, No, I'd like I mean, I guess it's the platinum spot. Now, well you just like that kind of like that kind of like skeazy salesman tactic to be like, well, this is the platinum spot where people will be really angry because this will be the last thing they remember before watching a movie.
Speaker 1: And I feel like it's probably also just knowing how like business mambrane intersects with anything creative is they probably saw They're like, look at how people are responding to this Nicole Kidman thing, right, I mean that thing is in the platinum spot as a phrase I just came up with, and they really seem to respond well to it, and so.
Speaker 2: So just using the transitive property to be like, people are responding to this Nicole Kidman spot because it's in the platinum spot. Therefore anything in the platinum spot will be responded to as if it's an iconic meme. Do they not realize that's what it is? It's interesting thing.
Speaker 3: Like marketing business. Ye, people they always take away the wrong message.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly the wrong message.
Speaker 2: It's like, I see it has to just go right before the movie, And.
Speaker 3: I always think about that they're paying the most attention.
Speaker 1: I always think about the the two like heads of the Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, who is like the musical genus, and then Mike Love, who is just like a guy who's like people like songs about chicks and surfing man and like just that argument. And like Mike Love obviously had the like backing of the labels, and so when like Brian Wilson turned in pet sounds, he was like, I'm sorry, guys, this sucks shit, Like we we were better than this. Guy's got dang French horns on it. A bunch of fucking for those dogs barking. Yeah, there they're pet sounds. I'm sorry, you're fired.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like the Barbie movie. When it came out and was a huge box office success, Executives were like, oh my god, well people love movies based on toys, so let's do a hot Wheels movie. Let's do a fucking playmobile movie.
Speaker 2: All that ship is there gonna be There's not gonna be a playmobile.
Speaker 3: Movie, right, well not yet until I write it.
Speaker 2: They're like they're the most stiff of like the block toy people. I'm like, bro, the hell no, Bro, the Plainmobile that's a fucking l yeah, well that's the same thing where they're just like, we just need a Barbenheimer. Basically, we just need two movies to come out on the same weekend.
Speaker 1: Remember, then everyone our toe into a weird Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well how many how many minutes of commercials are there now? Because I typically I always give myself ten minutes because I'm like, you can always be timinous late, So I am weird.
Speaker 1: My wife talks about how like the only I'm I'm usually a fairly late person, just like that I run late naturally, and the one thing that I am never late, I'm like forty five minutes before a movie, I'm like, we better get going, we better hit the road here. She's like, what the fuck? Like you weren't this on time for my birthday? And yet like every every time we're going to see a movie.
Speaker 3: Final Destination, blood Lines, blood Lines, we gotta there's and I don't know, I just I need the trailer, like I love the trailer.
Speaker 2: We gotta go. I don't. I hate to do this, but I will go ghost protocol on you. No, I don't tell.
Speaker 1: At that point, I just put the hood up. She knows, she knows it goes protocol. So when you say how many minutes?
Speaker 3: So because there are ads before the trailers start saying, OK, twenty five minutes of trailers usually so yeah.
Speaker 2: So what I mean is like if it says it's a one thirty showing, that means that shit starts at two pretty much. That's so disrespectful.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what I mean. It infuriates.
Speaker 3: I love trailers, Yeah, yeah, yeah, but like I don't know, make them shorter, show fewer of them. Don't make me sit through more than.
Speaker 1: The variability of it is. What is frustrating the fact that sometimes, like the weekend Barbie came out, we were like, well, we can get there a little bit late because it's going to be like five hours of trailers. There's like two minutes of trail. It was like we missed the first scene because of the fucking trailer. Yeah, like they just there's no real logic to it. This is actually there's a bill that somebody's trying to get past, where like movie theaters have to tell you when the movie actually starts. Oh really can oh, thank you the start time for the present, but then we need a feature presentation start time, which I'm on board, but it also when they mentioned it. I was like, like that that sounded like science fiction to me, like anything that is based on just like valuing consumer and just like human beings experience over like the money making possibilities. I'm like, that's not our timeline. That's a different world that never had democrats.
Speaker 2: I know, you guys are looking for a low hanging fruit because you don't want to contend with the real shit going on. You can you can take on terms and conditions. We've all talked about how we hate all the fine print. We can talk about now legislation around when a movie will start that will probably poll very well based on what we've read about democrats. You're like, well, if it polls popularly, maybe it's a policy we can.
Speaker 1: But those are the highest hanging fruits for democrats because they are corporate. They require them to do something that would anger corporations like that. It is like an impossibility for them.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, they'll throttle it back. What if we gave like a fifteen minute window where the film may start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if we lied and said it was this time, but then they came and they still had like three Lexus ads to watch. Oh yeah, well that's lexus ads told a story. The lexus ads are the movie.
Speaker 3: You know, when you like order a couch or something and they give you like a delivery window of like eight hours. I show up that they should do that for movies, Like there's an eight hour window when this movie couldn't start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably where we're headed. But it seems like it's gonna be unpopular, but like not unpopular enough for brands to not take advantage of the platinum spot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just remember like in the nineties in LA there were only two things that were not trailers that would play before the movie R three. That one would be just be like the general ad for the theater you're at. The other one would be like a Coca Cola Polar Bear fucking spot or like the let's.
Speaker 1: All go to the lobby, let's talk.
Speaker 2: And then the one they played a lot in LA where these La Times commercials about like weird shit on movie sets like little it would be like little vignettes from a movie set where like a PA would be like, hey, I need a spinner over here, stat and the guy's like, what's a spinner? Going all the departments on a set, like what's a spinner and they get to craft services and it's like a wooden coffee stirring thing too. He's like, just spinner and then like mixes the coffee. He's like oh, and it's like la times. It's like we know the biz, so you don't. It was like that kind of shit, Yeah, La times.
Speaker 1: Fucking turns. They're stupid as hell, right, lame as hell nog fuck them. Yeah, it is random like that. It does feel like now that they're doing this, I'm like, it's kind of miraculous that they didn't do this twenty years ago. Like that they've just been having ads for other movies, which makes sense to me, but then like ads for the movies in general and the concession stand like it just feels like from another era, Like stop motion popcorn guy is going to tell you to go to eat popcorn.
Speaker 3: There's when you when you go to a movie in a different country. Ever heard of it?
Speaker 1: Maybe try it sometime.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, when you're seeing Anchorman somewhere.
Speaker 3: Or Anchorman two?
Speaker 1: Anchorman? Do you keep speaking of this.
Speaker 3: Trip to Ireland? I went on with my sister. I went to the movies in Ireland and instead, well, I think in addition to ads and trailers, they also have like p s as where it's like here's what to do if you fall through thin ice, and like here's how not to drown or like it was just like and I was like, wait a minute, it was like survival tips.
Speaker 1: I just came on. The people are watching it, yes, and I was like, unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're falling first crypto scam what oh, thank you, Here's what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's actually like sponsored by Crypto you know, it is in America and by come on now, brought to you by.
Speaker 2: Fucking yeah bathing by Crypto dot com arena.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about it. Let's let's continue talking about cool marketing and the world that we live in. It's June, which means it's time of the year when corporations trot out their ill conceived acts of self serving performative LGBTQ ally ship a La Burger Kings twenty twenty two Pride Whopper Did you yummy? You guys remember this one? This was a whopper where Austria, Right in Austria, you could either get two top buns or two bottom buns. I'm looking at the picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I didn't realize what I was looking at until you said.
Speaker 1: This, And wow, the two bottom buns looks good. I don't know. I think it's reminding me of like Texas toast a little bit, you know, it's like, yeahs buttered.
Speaker 2: It looks like a sour dough jack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does look like. That's what I'm thinking. The top one too, bready.
Speaker 2: Also completely right, but if you're into that, of course, yeah, two bottoms.
Speaker 1: I'm not okay with that. I'm okay with everything, but not okay with people who are into two hamburger top ones. That's where I draw the line.
Speaker 3: So it's just like a traditional bun with a top and a bottom? Are those for?
Speaker 1: Just like verse?
Speaker 2: I know that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, so that's the confusing thing, because that's not how like we you can't two bottoms and two tops is not. Yeah, that's not fun. But then they were like, oh so so this is This is a quote from someone who said, when I first saw the burger, I thought it was a joke about two tops or two bottoms. It took me a little while to realize they were supposed to be representing same sex couples by having same type buns paired up.
Speaker 2: You absolute dummy.
Speaker 1: Fucking swish from the logo.
Speaker 2: You know it. Not a single person from that community is in that fucking marketing like meeting where they'd.
Speaker 1: Never heard the phrase tops and bottoms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's like the two girl ones and the two boy ones. Yeah, yeah there and then I'm sure that's how someone said it too.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wait, is is the top rounded bun the quote unquote girl or boy?
Speaker 2: Wait? Which ones? Which which?
Speaker 1: And that's up to your interpretation. That's how little thing is that they don't even tell you.
Speaker 2: That doesn't matter. Hey, to us, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: We don't mature, you know whatever weird stuff you're in, and it is weird closed.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, this burger looks fucking freaky. I'm not gonna lie. This looks fucking weird. But hey, whatever you we love you, We're by it.
Speaker 1: Please, but you don't know what you got until it's gone, you guys. A phrase that I just made up the right is celebrating the fact that stores like Macy's and Target are like this Pride Month are not given like the front page is just Father's day. Shit, they have Pride stuff, but it's like buried on the website.
Speaker 2: People post, people post like from inside the Target. They're like, look at this year's display. It's gone, We're winning America. And you're like, yeah, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: I mean Target's losing money though. So Target has a Pride Neutrals collection, which is pretty wide. It's a Pride Pride clothes that are just like like skin tone, like they're they're just all like beige neutral, like I don't know, like the it's there.
Speaker 2: Was one that there's like a T shirt that just has a rainbow tag at the bottom. Hem yes, and they're like, that's Pride.
Speaker 1: They're selling a Pride sweatshirt that has a that's just a beige hoodie with out loud and Proud written in tiny print on the string. So they're saying out loud and proud in like a way that seems like it's an act of satire.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, I mean this this all tracks because you know how the cowardice of Target with Trump coming into office, they're like, NODI know nothing, no, no, we're against everything now is that what you want? Trump? Meanwhile, black people have completely boycotted Target and many other people have too, but like it's and there are constant calls to continue the boycotts for Target, and it's it's showing up in their bottom line. They're like year over year foot traffics down, revenues going down. But hey, I'm is this what you Is that good for a business to have people not come anymore?
Speaker 3: Just right used to they try to course correct, you would think.
Speaker 2: But maybe this is their way to be Like, maybe they'll be okay if it's just like the most sort of so obscure, subtle version of pride, because that's what pride's all about, just doing yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, keeping it under wraps and not being out and loud and proud. I read something that the CEO took like a huge had to take like a huge pay cut because of the loss of revenue.
Speaker 2: So that's nice. Yeah, it's to please the shareholders.
Speaker 7: I'll take less money, so, you know, just just we're just save some things there based on the fact that we've upset pretty much all non Republican voters.
Speaker 1: And probably doing massive like stock buybacks to enrich themselves or you know, something along those lines. I don't I don't really know what a stock buyback is but you know how the c suite people are able to always figure something out Golden parachutes. You know, just imagine that, I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: These these clothes are so ugly. I'm looking at the.
Speaker 1: Really like and to have it out loud and proud written only on the draw string is so so wild. It's but yeah, I mean, they are afraid of reprisals from some type of people, you know, They're afraid of Trump targeting them. They're afraid of Trump supporters doing what they did with bud Light. And because those tend to be the people who maybe show up in their social media algorithms more so than you know, people of color or working class people, that's probably the thing that hits hardest with them, would be my guess, you know, yeah, because they they don't seem to be worried about target boycotts or anything. They just seem to be worried about is Donald Trump gonna be mad at us?
Speaker 2: Brave? Brave?
Speaker 1: So I mean bailing on the kind of cringey promotion isn't the end of the world. But the bigger problem is they're no longer sponsoring pride events like Pride organizers in the US have been dealing with a sudden massive budget deficit this year due to normally reliable companies withdrawing their financial support, and YC Pride is down seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars as a result when it comes to like planning and funding their celebration, which that's what's them just being cowardly and like moving the display to the back and moving the pride messaging to the drawstring is like I see the corporate logic there, but then also just being like we're also not going to like provide any money, like quiet.
Speaker 2: They can't be too. Yeah, it's just so that's why it's so offensive, And I'm like, yeah, fuck these places, like when they don't even have the like no courage at all. And and again I think it also, like you said, it reveals how performative this shit is to begin with, because if it can be fucking in a snap just taken back, it was y'all were never about it to begin with. But unfortunately that does mean that people take a hit. But also, what do you think happens in these cities when they have Pride fest People come in to congregate, and I'm sure the money people know that creates revenue.
Speaker 3: They're spending money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again they'll just do this to please like such a slim minority of people who will just post to libs of TikTok or some shit, and they're like, sorry, we just we can't handle this. We can't handle. What we can handle is our bottom line being negatively affected by boycotts because people are upset with our backwards policies.
Speaker 3: Now mm hm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pride is like the biggest day, like they it's some of these plates like Airbnb has estimated that Pride festivals bringing seventy seven million nationally to like hosts. Lift has reported that Pride has an even bigger impact on demand for ride shares than a Taylor Swift concert. This Pride brings in sixteen to eighteen million for Ohio's economy each year. But they're not doing it. And it's an especially bad time for these organizations to be running out of funding because they need way more money because they're having to spend extra money on security in order to protect people from the right wing extremists. That those companies are worried about offending frustrating, and those are the ones that we have a lot of evidence of you know, massive acts of violence being perpetrated on Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: IGBTQ community. You know everyone. We're always taking lessons this year. I hope one is to know that these companies don't give a fun do not give a funny thing except for their bottom line. And that was ever fucking don't ever stop like we all I feel like twenty twenty five is a year, but people have to stop falling for it. Stop the market based.
Speaker 1: Like the market's gonna correct and the companies aren't going to allow for a dictatorship to happen, because that would be bad for their bottom line. Like those people have all been shut the fuck up, like presses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all got.
Speaker 1: In live, everybody got in line. Yeah. There's a whole list of companies here that just bailed on. You know, Anheuser Busch, which has been sponsoring Pride in Saint Louis for thirty years, backed out. Whoa, yeah, yeah, it's fucked up. Cowards, cowards. I mean they were doing it when it yeah, probably wasn't that popular, but now now they're they're backing out, so yep.
Speaker 2: But it's it's just, I mean, the funny thing is all this shit that they tried to do disappear like the contributions of black or gay people in this country, and like reach changing the names of fucking battleships, change the nameless Harvey Milk ship, doing it something else. It's all it really does. I mean, in a way, I think they believe that merely just needs, like very superficial things will completely push back people and make them ashamed or something or not feel like that this isn't a place where they can exist. But on the same time, there's this article I think that we shared on the footnotes from earlier this week that was talking about how this is set off a bunch of smaller pride events that are completely sort of separate from this, like corporate version, where people are merely as like human beings coming together to celebrate and have their own events. So, I mean it just shows you, like, even if you want to try and cut off like the corporate head of these things, it's not going to stop people from celebrating their communities and things like that, which is what they want. But again it's not sorry, that's not happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, queer people are very good at finding community and choosing family and like getting together and making their own building their own communities.
Speaker 1: So without the help, without the help, no, I just don't know how I'm gonna do it without Anheuser, bush around or Comcast. God got a blow, damn yeah yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, and the AI trained just to keep the rolling and over here. We're excited. But if we just like one.
Speaker 6: Day just went fully like an AI is good, awesome, you start our voices, listeners, it's because I'm trying to rebuild a burnt down home.
Speaker 2: If you see me starting to be like I mean, I mean, this is this is my soul leaves my body.
Speaker 1: This is kind of an attempt to do that from a creator, a famous creative, Natasha Leoni, who you know from things like poker Face.
Speaker 2: And Russian Doll American Pie like that.
Speaker 3: I'm a cheerleader, but I'm a cheerlead.
Speaker 1: Yes, very very good.
Speaker 2: Happened to Purdue Who wasn't that wasn't They never go on? Sorry it didn't mean anyways. Uh.
Speaker 1: She is the co founder of Asteria, an AI production studio that claims to be an artist led ethical AI Film and Animation studio, and they are launching with a movie called Uncanny Valley that will be made by combining AI tools with traditional filmmaking techniques. Describes itself as an The production company just describes itself as an artist led ethical AI film an Animation studio. The news has obviously sparked it back, prompting her to clarify that the movie won't omit any department heads or production designers or cinematographers. That has more like a green screen or something like that. Wow, it's the way that's written. It's like they write the way she talks. It's like a green screen or something like that. Like oh okay, yeah, yeah, that's not too bad. It's like, but this is a weird move for an actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, especially when you have people like Joseph Gordon Levitt who are like, this is going to take away the incentive for people to even create or want to strive for something if if AI takes all over all this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they claim that it's like trained on only what licensed licensed content. However, when you ask other companies like how how you why don't you just like use licensed content, They're like that would be impossible. Like none of this is possible with just license content, so remains to be seen how that's actually working out, because it's a very.
Speaker 2: It's this, but that's what the chat cheep, the open a open AI lady said a few years ago when they were talking about there, like it's actually through like light it like agreements that we have with people. And then it came out that it wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Was just and I love to say that she's license should be noted. Asteria was founded by Leoni and her boyfriend Brinn Mooser. What brit Hyan Mooser? There's no, like I think maybe it's Brian, Like I don't know, No, that's Brandon. Sorry, that's a that's a Mooser if I've ever seen one. M O O s e R. Who is a tech bro whose mentors include Bob Iger and Elon Musk. So in case you were wondering where this idea came from and who was telling her, Like now this is fine, we talking about Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The weird and Natasha run they're running an OPI Although I don't know, maybe you do believe this, but like when I like how this dude was described as a quote serial entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: I know that, And that's like a thing they say is good, Like, that's that's what you want people to introduce you as.
Speaker 2: To me, I see somebody who doesn't. It was just like, will fucking try and make anything fucking happen by any means necessary. I'n't tell this lady. I love her, Okay, I give.
Speaker 1: Who Just tell me who the best person to have on our side is. I'll make it happen.
Speaker 2: Will going to AI AI? Who is the best celebrity actress I could use to help? Sort of trojan horse? The idea of an AI company in Hollywood being a good thing?
Speaker 3: Hey, Also, the company describing itself as being an ethical AI an animation sude like there's no such thing as ethical AI.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, based on the environmental impact alone, but on then also everything else, But like, no such thing.
Speaker 2: That's why everything they say is bullshit. You didn't train it on licensed to material. This shit isn't ethical. You're just saying all the things to try and neutralize those first instincts people have when they hear about AI in a space anywhere, because people are gonna be like, oh, that's just gonna probably you're gonna be firing human beings and they go, no, we didn't even get rid of any department heads, nothing like that. And it's not even trained off other people's copyrighted materials. And it's also like ethical and it's it's cruelty free and organic okay on GMO. Okay.
Speaker 1: Corporations can't say ethical if it's not ethical, you guys, I'm sorry, Oh, I'm sorry. No, it's the opposite. They would never say ethical if it was actually ethical. They would only do something ethical by accident.
Speaker 2: If it's horribly unethical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well one of the big uh so, the controvert people are like, this is bullshit. And then Natasha Leoni, who was neighbors with David Lynch, was like, I actually talked to David Lynch and he signed off on this project.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker, he said.
Speaker 1: I asked him, Hey, David, what do you think of AI? And he said, Natasha, look over there, this is a pencil. Okay, everyone has access to a pencil, and likewise everyone with a phone will be using AI if they aren't already. It's how you use the pencil, you see, And that maybe true? What does he mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah, just like everybody, everybody's gonna use be using AI, which may be true, but it doesn't mean that like he's thought through the ethical implications of its use, or that everybody's like that he's fully up on like what the environmental impact.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I don't know if David Lynch was in the right state to really be fully answering the question about the This is.
Speaker 1: Just her work. Somebody who was like Natasha Leoni the next time she's asked about AI and just showed the poster for Weekend at Bernie's because they were like kind of weird to be, Yeah, using David Lynch as your shield here, loved dead filmmaker as your puppet for saying that.
Speaker 3: This, yeah, well yeah, we can't ask him to clarify.
Speaker 2: It's kind of perfect, you know, to put words in a dead person's mouth like that, and like because you have enough plausible deny that, like, well, well, first of all, I'm his neighbor. We were neighbors, so of course I was talking to him, and you know, you're talking about my neighbor right now. That's my neighbor, David Lynch, you're talking about You said it was okay, it's a pencil, it's a pencil, Okay, it's a very cool pencil that will burn the earth down.
Speaker 1: But people within Hollywood are saying that AI is already being made or being used to make a lot of content. It's just they're not admitting it. So it's like a thing where like, for instance, a costume designer will get a job and they'll have to like turn something around really quickly, and so they'll have the AI generate the idea for them, and then instead of turning that in, they will then hire an artist to draw the thing AI generated and then be like whila, original creation drawing, original human, original human drawing. And then they're like, oh, but isn't that worse And they're like yeah, but nobody notices, right, that's just what is happening, Like across the board. I feel like like, well that and like that they are.
Speaker 2: Using NDAs for people, like when they are using AI.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll tell anybody we use AI, I'm all fuck you up because we can't have the Unions coming at us like it's so fucking underhanded. And I'm you know, I'm not surprised like that.
Speaker 2: It's already creeping in more and more and more, just not in a fucking hooray type of way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one a story bird artist storybird storyboard artists said quote, and if your back's against the wall, it's tempting, even if the result is of dubious quality and dubious ethical makeup. And I feel like this is exactly what everything is going. Like all jobs are just going to be people using AI to create C plus work, and there's just no penalty for turning in C plus work, and so it's just like everything's going to get shittier in a way that will be I mean everything already has gotten shittier, you know, and like nothing happened. So once we let them get away with that, and now now that you can just like turn it over to a fucking automated C plus machine, like you're we're just going to see everything turned to shit and we're not even going to be able to like describe what's happening.
Speaker 3: It's the idea of like putting a band aid on the problem, but not treating the problem itself. Because the problem is like everyone's overworked and underwhelmed, and there's deadlines and because because of capitalism and we so we just have to like churn out shit that AI generates to like meet the deadline or whatever, and rather than I'm like, oh, let's let's I don't know, dismantle capitalism so we're not all like killing ourselves trying to get work done that doesn't even fucking need to be done in the first place. We've just invented all of these whatever, fucking arbitrary totally fabricated assignments and deadlines and all that.
Speaker 2: But kaylin, I just saw what the Hulk Vthano's fistfight should have, how it should have three yeah, yeah, yeah, And that's it. Like, that's what's so funny to me. They Hollywood should have been the first fucking line of defense against this ship to be like, this is going to fucking kill us.
Speaker 3: Further, well, they haven't been in all the movies that are like, hey, yeah.
Speaker 2: A written by normal people in the studio heads, you know what I mean, where they're.
Speaker 3: Like again, I'm like, I'm like, why doren't why aren't we remembering? Fuck? You know, the Matrix Terminator. All the movies were Ai is Ai Aihi.
Speaker 2: But I think you know because like we talked on Trends yesterday about this commercial that was made fully with AI and it again it looks like shit, but you can based on what a video looks like a year ago, like and if this is where we're at now, I can't imagine in another year from now what it's gonna look like. But that's a direct threat to the two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year TV ad industry. Like if people can just start cooking up shit like this and they're not even seeing that part of it, they're like, well, we can get away with underpaying people or using less people we have to pay by using AI without realizing that the proliferation of it is creating an existential threat to everything you do, because now anyone can shit out this crap. But go ahead, I guess, well, I guess you'll just have to find out as you fuck around.
Speaker 1: Nah, it never works that way. Yeah, Nah, we fuck around and then it just keeps getting better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, soon we're all going to be just like working at those whatever fucking cooling data centers and like I don't know, throwing buckets of water on the drinking Yeah, and that'll be all of ours before you AI users.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, if you work at the data center cooling rooms, you actually get to sip the water that you throw them.
Speaker 1: And you get to steal SIPs all day waters, unlimited SIPs and unlimited days off.
Speaker 2: Whoa, you're gonna love it here. But they don't pay me.
Speaker 1: It's the SIPs. They pay me in SIPs.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what our future is.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I know it does feel like that, like.
Speaker 1: Anyways, good time. Yeah, it's gonna be good. We're going to figure it out. We're going to figure it out. Caitlin. Such a pleasure having you as always on the daily zite. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Oh, you can follow me mostly on Instagram and you can. I have a screenwriting an intro to screenwriting class that starts in like early mid August area a couple months from now. If you go to my website Kaitlindurante dot com slash classes, you can find more info there and you can register if you're interested. What else, that's pretty much it. I mean, listen to the beachdel cast, et cetera.
Speaker 2: You must, you must, so good, you must.
Speaker 1: Is there a work a media that you've been enjoying? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had mentioned The Ugly Step Sister, which I think came out in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a recent film. It is the Cinderella narrative as told through the lens of the ugly stepsister.
Speaker 1: Oh, done with the wickedization of the ugly step sister.
Speaker 3: It's a body horror movie.
Speaker 2: It happens to them.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You'll have to watch and find out. I really liked it and I picked it because I once again couldn't think of anything else because I don't go online. I don't see what people are socialing posting on social media except for I mean piece of media. I've enjoying Caitlin Johnstone's entire feed and all the stuff that she says about how Israel sucks and all of that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they don't go on social media.
Speaker 3: I mean that's my feed is literally on Instagram, like it's it's news about Palestine and it's cat videos. Okay, it's those two things.
Speaker 2: Balance balance, balance, Yeah, Miles, where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Is there a workimedia you've been enjoying me?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Oh, you can find me at Miles of Gray. Everywhere you find Jack, I have the basketball podcast twenty Day for twenty day fiance. My mom said I should mumble less in the outro, So I'm trying to be more eloquent and more elegm.
Speaker 3: Listens, my sister doesn't.
Speaker 2: My mom listens and gives a lot more feedback than I'd like from someone who doesn't podcast mom anyway. Yeah, that's where you find it.
Speaker 1: Is she maybe passing a long feedback to you.
Speaker 2: She will, she will. My mom will not hold back. She will hit you with a direct note if she wanted me to give you Jack, because I remember early on, early on, my mom's big note was Jack always sounds nervous.
Speaker 1: And then just on me in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she goes, is he nervous? Is he nervous? This is like the I remember the first like first year of the thing, and then year two she's like, Jack, is he's not nervous anymore? I can hear it. He's like, this show is so good with the two of you, And she's like, but you have to stop mumbling and saying things that don't make sense. So this is the show called nervous, nervous and shit and the guy who makes no sense that is happening all the time, nervous and mumble mouth thanks mom Um. Gotta love a little bit of immigrant parent feedback on something that's become your life's work. Okay, a couple of things I like from Blue Sky, Uh just on the elon musk and Donald Trump saga at Nikki mcr skuy on social post it it's like watching the shittiest couple you know break up in the maul food court. Yes, it is that. Another one siege at siege dot online. They should invent a pill that shrinks you down to the size of a teeny little guy before long flights, stretched out on a tiny beach chair, pitched on the seat, nibbling a peanut the size of your body, drinking a bloody marry out of a thimble, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And then at monetize that we call it the platinum pill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the platinum pill. Oh god, so tiny. This is how we're gonna get man housing crisis solved. If every if we can fit forty two million people in the studio apartment, the pill.
Speaker 1: There's a is it a Matt Damon moved downsize?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 2: Downsize right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: A movie that I should have been so like I was raised on Honey, I shrunk the kids. I think it was like a famous director was making it Love a Matt Damon and did not watch it and have never once been told like you should have watched that one.
Speaker 2: Alexander Paide, that's.
Speaker 1: Lexander Pain was like what if like Honey, I shrunk the kids was like moody And for adults.
Speaker 2: What if I follow up Nebraska with this director?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I always get him and David O.
Speaker 2: Russell confused anyway, And then the last post, I like Chase at Madar dot be Scout at Social posted because we're talking about Kree Jean Pierre's new book, Karim Jean Pierre, far from being a turncoat, has stayed true to the essence of our institutional Democratic party, self seeking careerism welded to embarrassing incompetence. I have no doubt the former colleagues denouncing her feel this and are cheering her on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, Brian on Blue Sky at jack ob The number one tweet I enjoyed at two thick Scoops tweeted just the Gmail summary from you know how the iPhone will give you or your phone will give you, like a Gmail summary of what's going on in your inbox and it said Gmail Jersey Mike's order pick up at twelve forty eight pm semi colon Dutch government collapses over migration dispute. He said, okay, sounds good. Thank you.
Speaker 2: We need someone to talk about when you give to the Jersey Mikes, and.
Speaker 1: Then I do enjoy the images. AI could never recreate account. This one was question two of two how often would you like to get updates about cheddar Cheese? Never? Only if something big happens. A few times a year, a few times a month. They have only if something big happens. I just got to know if something big happens with cheddar Cheese. You can find Awesome Blue Sky on Twitter at daily Zeit Guys read the daily Zeit guyst on Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnote no, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so wet leg you know, hot off the Shaise Long Chase, Long just Fever that captains song is more changed the way I pronounced Shase long Bean Shay's Long. They got a new single out cause CPR It's and I'm really digging it. So this is the new single from wet Leg cp R wet Leg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lind that album, totally forgot about it all right, Well we will link off to that in the footnote for The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this week. We are back Monday morning to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We also have a Greatest Hits from this week from this season of episodes that drops over the weekend the Weekly Ze, so you can check that out until then, have a great weekend. Bye bye, bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Daily zeit Geist is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M mcnapp, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner.