Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome Man, Episode ninety two, What's Right with Nick's Right? The podcast the YouTube show live right now on YouTube if you're joining us there, if not, if you're listening on Spotify or iTunes, we greatly appreciate you. We'd appreciate it if you hit the subscribe button on any of those platforms, and on YouTube, if you hit the bell, you will get notified when we go live, which is every Monday and Thursday right around ten thirty am Eastern time. We have a ton to do. Our shows. Listen. Our shows have been coming in and over an hour long. That's not really where we want to be. We want to be more in the forty five to fifty minute range for the ideal podcast time, especially now we're live on YouTube. So let's get right to it. Here is what is not on the show today. What missed the cut is Kevin Durant interested in buying the Commanders. The Philadelphia sports Fan lost two championships in one day, MLS and MLB. Amazingly, we talked as much about the MLS Championship as we did about the World Series. But sorry, it ended during football season. I don't know who schedules the World Series right when the NBA starts and when football's going on, but they should rethink that. And Baker Oh back from the dead with a sharp second half for Baker Mayfield. None of that in today's show. Here's what is in today's show. Demon Day, Get us started.
Speaker 3: All right? Man.
Speaker 4: Brady's comeback was definitely the story of the afternoon on Sunday. But I'm excited to hear about you tell me about Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're not starting with Brady. All were starting with the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, excited to hear about you tell me about Mahomes, the big winner of Sunday, and it took him overtime to beat a Ryan Tannehill list Titans team.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just everyone, this one's gonna happen today. You know what, Go ahead, ask your questions.
Speaker 3: One five in a row.
Speaker 4: But I mean they were also twelve and a half point favorites at home. So luckily prime time Pat did just enough to you know, muster to win the game in overtime. Are you are you seriously gonna be popping champagne and all willy nilly about Patrick Mahomes winning this game in overtime?
Speaker 2: Okay, survive in advance, first of all. Second of all, this is what is going to happen today, because this is what has happened ever since Mahomes burst onto the scene his first year as a starter and through five thousand yards and fifty touchdowns and was the league MVP and was a coin flipping overtime away from winning the Super Bowls first year, and then the very next year did win the Super Bowl. We have changed the rules for the Chiefs and for Mahomes, and so all of a sudden, the Titans team that here's their last three years. Two years ago, they're in the AFC Championship game against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Last year, they are the one seed in the AFC. This year, going into this game, they're the hottest team in the AFC. They had won five in a row and they were the leaders. They still are leaders in their division. Now they suck. Now It's like, oh boy, how much credit do you really get for beating the lowly Tennessee Titans. Oh should you even? Should it even count as a win? Because it was a hard, gutty victory. And so here's the thing, that's what all the shows are gonna do. I already know it. I'm fine with it. The Chiefs are judged on the Kadie Warriors standard, which is winning is not enough. You have to win with style points, you have to blow everybody out. I get that. So let's instead talk about why the Chiefs won. The Chiefs won because Patrick Mahomes had a game no one in the history of the league has ever had four hundred yards passing, fifty yards rushing plus a rushing touchdown plus a passing touchdown. And we're gonna have the ability to show you, guys the NFL video highlights on the podcast. But Pat It was very apropos that Patrick Mahomes beat the Tennessee Titans with its legs, because it was against the Tennessee Titans that Patrick Mahomes had arguably the single most important plus greatest run by any quarterback in NFL history. Oh, Nick, that's hyper well, I don't know. It was right before halftime of an AFC championship game when the Chiefs hadn't been to a Super Bowl in fifty years. The Chiefs were trailing, and Patrick Mahomes had a thirty plus yard scamper where he made five Titans defenders miss to give the Chiefs the lead going in a halftime, and they never looked back. That was three years ago, two and a half years ago. Now what do we have. We have a third and seventeen with the Chiefs not having scored in two hours, and Mahomes runs for twenty, and then a third and nine where Mahomes runs for the touchdown, and a two point conversion where Mahomes runs and gets the corner. Everyone gives all my goodness, Josh Allen. The reason he's quarterback one, as my pal Adam Shine would say, is because of what he does with his legs. Two he might be a more bruising runner. He might be a more frequent runner. No quarterback in the lad league is a more effective run when Mahomes runs. How fast is he, as they say, fast enough, faster than the guy chasing? So was that a tour de force by the Chiefs offense? No? Somehow did Mahomes still have over five hundred yards of offense? Yes? Did they find a way to win? Absolutely? Do they now have thanks to the Bills gagging And we'll talk more about them in a moment. Are they tied for the best record in the conference? They are? Are they tied for the best record in the conference, despite the fact that they had an opening eight games that were, according to the data, the toughest opening eight weeks of any team in NFL history, the first team in NFL history to start their season with eight consecutive games against teams that were out of above five hundred the previous year, eight games in a row against teams that either made the playoffs or were a loss in Week eighteen last year away from making the playoffs. So the Cardinals made the playoffs last year. They kicked their ass. The Chargers lost in Week eighteen last year. That's why they missed. They beat them. The Colts made the playoffs last year. The Chiefs gave that game away. The Bucks made the playoffs last year. The Chiefs kicked their ass. The Raiders made the playoffs last year. The Chiefs came back from seventeen down. The Bills made the playoffs last year, Chiefs lost that game. The Niners made the NFC Championship Game last year. The Chiefs kicked their ass, and the Titans made the playoffs last year as the one seed. The Chiefs just beating it. They have played eight games, they're six and two, and their two losses they were leading them both with a minute ten left. And now, oh boy. Now the soft part of the schedule comes home for the Prince That was pro that's not easy, but still home for the Jags at the Chargers, that's the toughest game left on their schedule. They've already beaten. Home for the Rams. The Rams are a train wreck. At Cincinnati, that's the second toughest game left. Then at Denver at the Texans. Home for Seattle. That's kind of tough. Home for the Broncos at the lowly Raiders.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, Cincinnati's are second toughest game after the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Well, the Chargers and Bengals are the two toughest games left. You think Cincinnati's tougher than the Chargers, fair enough, I guess. Let me Cincinnati might be tougher. The Chargers game is way more important because you beat the Chargers five and three charges on the game back in the division. But if you beat them and you sweep them, you basically lock up the division two weeks in. So all that's going on. Meanwhile, meanwhile, what happened in Buffalo? What happened with the Bills? Let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Josh Allen may have lost his claim as the mpv MBP favorite. You should have through for barely two hundred yards, no touchdowns in two interceptions.
Speaker 3: You claim that the Bills need need the better quarterback.
Speaker 2: What I claim the Bills need better court a.
Speaker 3: Quarterback play on Twitter.
Speaker 4: So Josh Allen needs to be perfect every week to earn your respect.
Speaker 2: No, he has my respect, but he needs to play better. He wasn't good in the second half against the Backers. We watched that when you thought your parlay was dead. By the way, speaking of parlays, Demonse attached the Bills money line to a few of his parlays yesterday. Yeah, and after the Bills lost that game, Demonte just went to his room and went to bed, and I didn't see him for six more hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Demande was locked in games, My dad was in town. It was real nice, a little multi generational right bird family football time. And then Demanse lost his stupid seventeen parlay and just went to bed. It was just like I'm out here, didn't, I mean, woke up when the Chiefs game kicked off. It's about the size of it, about what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Josh Allen, I mean, he didn't take me out of my day. I mean, but I woke up early to see.
Speaker 2: Just the family and watch some football and then went to bed. If it makes you feel any better, the Chiefs didn't cover the twelve obviously, so you would have lost that parton Yeah, lost anyway. Okay, So it's not about Josh Allen earning my respect. It's about Josh Allen earning the crown that the media has given him. Josh Allen yesterday was awful, He said, he was awful, said It's hard to win when your quarterback plays like Bleek. He had a forty seven passer ring, he had a back breaking interception. If people weren't watching that game, he throws a pick on the very first drive of the game in the red zone, points off the board. It sets the tone that, oh, this might be a dogfight. But then despite that, the Bills go up fourteen to three. Okay, So then what happens second half starts? The Jets are driving, there's a long delay because skycam fell right, and on two plays after the delay, Von Miller, who has been the best player on the Bills this year. I know he's not League MVP. I know he's not quarterback one. Von Miller's been their best player, changed the game, got a strip sack on Zach Wilson. It's now fourteen to ten. Bills ball Josh Allen waited two plays before throwing the game on, threw a pick right to Sauce Gardner. The Jets get the ball and score a touchdown. The Bills then get a field goal to tie it up. And then what they do the rest of the game three and out and then four and out where they lose eleven yards to end the game happened. So everybody can say, on Nick, you're hating. I just want a guy who has talked about like he's the best player in the whole league to play like it consistently, not just for a half like he did in the first half against s Green Bay, not just for you know, a one or two game stretch, consistently play like the best player in the league. Because since the second half against Screen Bay, Josh Allen in six quarters of football has four interceptions and two fumbles. That's six potential turnovers that he's had. And this is this is not and the one half good, one half bad, the guy that I'm told is the best player in football. Week one, two picks in the first half, great in the second half against the Rams. Week three against the Titans, great start to finish, fantastic game. Week three against Miami. Butcher into the first half against on the clock, skipped the game winning touchdown pass that was a one hopper, and then butchered the end of the game clock and they lost. Baltimore awful in the first half, very good in this or much better in the second half. Pittsburgh excellent throughout Kansas City. Nothing they had three points with a minute left in the first half. They have the great drive in the half, He's good in the second half. Green Bay perfect in the first half, terrible in the second half. Jets game terrible the whole game. That is not holding Josh Allen to an unfair standard. It is holding Josh Allen to the standard that the media should demand of him since they have appointed him and anointed him the MVP favorite.
Speaker 3: So you think they should be anointing Patrick Mahomes that, Well.
Speaker 2: It's not anointing when he's earned it. That's the difference, that's the frustration here. Mahomes has won the Super Bowl. Malmes has won the MVP, He's been to another Super Bowl, He's had a half dozen his historic playoff moments. Josh Allen's never been to a Super Bowl, never won an MVP, and his single great his one historic playoff moment he lost. He lost. So I just I. I used to call him roller Coaster Allen because he would have a great, great game, terrible terrible game, great great game, terrible terrible game, and after the end of last season, I was like, Oh, he might be over it this year. Passer rating by game one twelve one thirty ninety five, sixty eight one thirty four one eighteen seventy five, forty seven two good too bad? Two good, too bad? Okay, I mean just what the numbers are. But old man, oh man, does he have a cannon for an arm? Give me a break? Next?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, if you thought Allen was bad, wait, I'll tell you about Aaron Rodgers. He threw three interceptions and only put up nine points against the worst NFL against the worst defense in the NFL. Right now, Yeah, friend of the show and a front of the show, Lil Wayne was fed up with Rogers play and said that we should have traded twelve before the season.
Speaker 2: That was crazy. I mean, Lil Wayne just taking a shot to Rogers heart. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the postseason practically practically out of reach, how long until we see Jordan Love?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 2: So they just gave Rodgers this extension. So I don't think there's any chance we see Jordan Love. But I do think he's cooked. I do think that Stephen Ruiz, for the Ringer, does these quarterback rankings, And by the way, shout out to Stephen Ruiz, who for years has had the been the only person in the world with this take, Gino Smith could be a top fifteen quarterback if given the champs. Excuse me, nobody had that take, and I think people thought Stephen Ruiz was trolling with it, and he's being vindicated every single week. Yesterday, you know, threw a pick six that looked like it was going to turn the game and responded with back to back touchdown drives. So set that aside Rogers. I mean, Rogers picks were off. They're at the goal line. He throws it into a defensive player's helmet. I'm not sure how you could possibly blame that on anyone but Rogers. He threw it directly into alignment's helmet. Then they run up a rollout where he's supposed to throw it back to his left tackle and he just short arms it and Aiden Hutchinson takes it. And then he throws another pick at the goal line. I mean, he's they're at the twenty five, but he got picked off at the goal line. Three interceptions, no big plays, and the final play of the game, he and Sammy Watkins after a time out, we're not on the same page, so the we're in top of the rams. In a moment, the Packers and the Rams last year's NFC Champion Chip Game. They are both done that. There is no saving either season. When we look at the potential NFC playoff teams, you have the Eagles Vikings who are the only dead set locks. They are locks. Then you have Dallas and Seattle who are overwhelmingly likely to make it. Then you have the Giants in San Francisco who are in my opinion, likely to make it. And then the one last spot I haven't mentioned, a team from the NFC South. One of them has to do it. I think it will be Temple. Will talk with them in a moment. But the Packers and the Packers have a worse record right now, then is that right? The only teams in the NFC with a worst record than the Packers are the Carolina Panthers and the Lions who just beat them. They are finished and Rogers has to wear this one. That was a horrible performance against the defense that to your point, demand's a everyone has lit up and was on pace to give up the most points in NFL history that Lion's defense has given up thirty eight, twenty seven, twenty eight, forty eight, twenty nine to the Patriots twenty four thirty one and just held the Packers to nine. That's awful. Yeah, And Rogers was terrible. It was as bad of a game as I can remember Aaron Rodgers playing. And if we're being honest, there have been a few times we've said that this year Rogers so far this year, if we look at it Week one against Minnesota, they score seven point has a sixty eight rating for like, that's one of the worst Rogers games ever. The game against the Jets was horrifying. Yeah, I mean it's been bad, and I don't think they're gonna go to Jordan Love and they just gave Aaron that contract, but they're finished for the season. That's five losses in a row after starting three and one.
Speaker 3: Next said, Tom Brady isn't done just yet.
Speaker 4: The goal pulled off an incredible game when he touchdown drive to put the nail in the Rams coffee.
Speaker 3: Brady also became the.
Speaker 4: First player in NFL history to clipse one hundred thousand career yards.
Speaker 2: All right, pause that real quick and then get to the rest of it. I just want to make a point here. Last year, there was a moment when Lebron was about to pass Kareem for most points in NBA history combined playoffs in regular season, and I made the point I think on I don't know if it was on here, but certainly on the TV show, like, hey, there should at least be acknowledgement, like it should be something mentioned on the sports shows. They maybe they should stop the game when it happens. And everyone said, I was just a Lebron sick of fant that nobody cares about combined playoffs and regular season records. It's a fake thing. We'll hold on a second. When we're talking about Brady, Lebron is the only guy we can compare him to. And I said, Okay, I understand the real record is just regular Like there's playoff records and there's regular season records. Don't You don't combine them for official records, But it's worth acknowledging when a guy, all of a sudden has scored more points than anybody in the history of basketball pleasure regular season combined. Everyone said, I was just full of it. Yesterday and all week leading up to it, they had a damn countdown on how long Brady gets to one hundred thousand yards, but he has eighty six thousand in the regular season. It's that's a playoff and regular season combined thing. So for Brady, everybody wants to do it. When I want to do something similar for Lebron, nobody gave it name. Just interesting to me. All right, go ahead, now.
Speaker 4: All right, glad you got that out. But the Bucks are now in first place in the NFC South. Is this a spark that they needed or is it more telling that they barely beat one of the worst teams in football?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I think this could absolutely be the spark. Okay, I think that when they go no huddle and they just let Brady get in the quick passing game, their offense moves. In the loss against the Packers six weeks ago, we saw that they did nothing the whole game. They had six points, and then at the very end of the game they went no huddle. They went right down the field. They scored. They just missed the two point version. They obviously can't run the ball. But now what you have is a galvanizing win and a win because they they didn't move the ball the whole game, and then they're down four, they drive all the way down the field in the waning moments and get stopped at the goal line, get the ball back because the Rams can't pick up a first down and have forty seconds and do it again and this time they actually score. So their two best drives were in the no huddle, go go, Go, go go. Now the Rams defense should be ashamed of itself, absolutely ashamed of itself for the second drive like that was pathetic. But so you had a long week, You're now Atlanta lost, You're right there in the division. You now have a very weird game for Week ten where you are in German against Seattle. So Seattle is taking the longest trip in the history of the NFL from Seattle, Washington to German, right, so they have to go there. Now, I think that you know, Seattle is a good team, So I'm not, by no means am I trying to act like Tampa is definitely gonna win that game. That game is probably a one point line in either direction. But then after Seattle, you get the Browns before the Shawn comes back, the Saints, while they've owned that, you know they've stopped your offense. You kick their ass defensively this year, the Niners and Bengals, which are tough, and then your final three games Cardinal, Cardinals, Panthers, Falcons. So do I think Tampa wins the division?
Speaker 4: Yes, Vegas makes a mistake if they make that pick them.
Speaker 2: What do you think it should be?
Speaker 4: I think it should be Seattle minus three and a half?
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see what it is. It is Tampa by one and a half. So you like Seattle in that game.
Speaker 3: I think you are under the flight. I'm underestimating to fight, like I really do.
Speaker 2: I think you are underestimating the flight.
Speaker 5: Okay, but Russell Wilson, Oh, because he wouldn't ye do some high knees, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's fair. By the way, Vegas has been down on Seattle all year, so you might be right. Uh, but I'm telling you right now, the Bucks are going to go into the playoffs on a three game winning streak, having beaten the Cardinals, Panthers, and Falcons to end the year, and they're gonna be dangerous. The offense will continue to slightly improve, the defense is still excellent, and there listen, I have been a Brady skeptic over the last few years, waiting for his downfall, waiting for his downfall. I also don't think we should underestimate the difference that there's going to be now that the divorce is finalized. Now that that is, it's sad, and I'm sure it's hard for him, but at least you have some closure there. So the horse's phone finalized. You steal a victory. You've got to feel good. Now you've got this flight to Germany, and then I believe after that a bye. If they beat Seattle in Germany and now all of a sudden they've won two in a row, they're on a by. They get Cleveland with Jacoby Brissett as the starting quarterback, all of a sudden could be a three game winning streak.
Speaker 3: Just I.
Speaker 2: And as I've said before, that Round one playoff game might be Dallas. If it's Dallas as the five seed, I think that they're a real hard time blocking Dallas. But it also might be the Giants. And if it's four or five against the Giants, Tom Brady is not losing a playoff game to Daniel Jones. And then I'm just telling I'm just telling you. I'm telling you right now now, this world exists, Okay, the world where the NFC playoff picture is. And I've been saying this for a few weeks I'm gonna say it again. Where the seeding goes like this, All right, one seed Philly, two seed Minnesota, three seed Seattle, four seed Tampa, five seed the Giants, six seed Dallas, seven seed San Francisco, Okay, and what you end up having is San Francisco beating Minnesota in round one, Tampa beating the Giants in round one, and Seattle winning a home playoff game in what will be the second loudest stadium in the country against Dallas in round one, and all of a sudden, It's like, wait a minute, So now round two is what would it be if I had that right Tampa? Yeah, would be San Francisco going to Philly and Tampa playing Seattle.
Speaker 5: Well, they beat them in this instance potentially, Or I just know that everyone needs to be emotionally prepared for Brady's path to the NFC Championship game being some combination of Daniel Jones, Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garoppolo, Gino Smith.
Speaker 4: Maybe Gino Smith doesn't need to be in that list.
Speaker 2: No, I well, listen, I thin Gino's played great. I think he deserves right now fringe MVP consideration. He's never played in a playoff game. Danie Jones never played in a playoff game. Kirk Cousins doesn't have a great playoff history. Jimmie Garoppol has played in a lot of playoff games, has played well in zero of them. I just everyone needs to be emotionally prepared for that possibility, all right. So yeah, the Ram By the way, the Rams are cooked and I've got to look it up. It's one of the worst Super Bowl defenses in NFL history.
Speaker 3: You just say, like a team to win the Super Bowl and then what they do, Yeah, the following year.
Speaker 2: It's one of the worst defenses of a Super Bowl I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: It's almost like they shouldn't have won it last year.
Speaker 2: Oh, they absolutely, That's the chief Super Bowl. That second half against the Bengals will haunt me for the rest of my life. I mean, the Chiefs were to rocked that Ram team, which so stupid that they lost that game. All right, Uh, we've got a lot more Week nine in the NFL will take a quick sixty second break, come right back, what's right.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tanya, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in Watch Right with Nick Right. I was looking up during the break, and by the way, ask your questions in the chat. We'll get to them in the C block of the worst seasons following winning the Super Bowl and the Rams app. This is just a cursory googling, so I haven't done this real research. I was actually gonna do it for the TV show today, but the first article that I found talks about it. It's a Philly It's a Philadelphia Eagles website from a few years ago, and it's talking about the Eagles having a terrible Super Bowl hangover after winning the Super Bowl few years ago because they started five and six. But that Eagles team not only ended up making the playoffs, but they won a playoff game. That year when Nick Foles took over again and they won a playoff game. The Cowboys, after winning three out of four, the following year, went ten and six, and they make the list. The Three Bucks. That was kind of a I don't want to call it a fluky Super Bowl, but anytime you win based on the strength of a defense, it doesn't feel ass sustainable. The three Bucks the following year finished seven and nine, and they're considered one of the biggest disappointments ever. The Rams be very happy if they only lose nine games this year. The ninety nine Broncos are probably the worst. They finished last in their division in the AFC West. After winning back to back Super Bowls. They went six and ten, but their quarterback retired, John Elway retired, and I felt that back someone descried to walk in our studio. Luckily we have that new trustee lock on the door that person would have been. That would have been hectic. The eighty one Raiders uh went having a nine, but that also was a strike season, so that again, that's like a tough one. The eighty two nine ers come across the list the following year, though they made the NFC Championship Game. I I don't know, man like I guess the answer is probably the eighty seven Giants, is what it looks like. They they went six and nine, but was that another strike season? I mean, it's it's incredibly rare for a team the twenty sixteen Broncos that went off the rails, but they still finished buff FI one hundred and again Peyton retired. It's incredibly rare for a team to win the Super Bowl and the next year be terrible, Like it's one thing for them to not be great, but to be terrible is incredibly rare. And this is this RAMS team looks like it is terrible. All right, let's get to what we had scheduled here, go ahead, de MONTSA all right.
Speaker 4: East first East. Don't look now, but the twenty three and twelve AFC tweet.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to start over.
Speaker 4: Twenty three and twelve AMC East Mamster passed the twenty four and nine in FC East, Miami, New England and the Jets all one, while Washington lost. Every AFC East team is over five hundred. Which division do you see producing more playoff teams? And which division will have the last team standing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they're gonna produce the same number of playoffs.
Speaker 3: Tas right, They're both.
Speaker 2: Gonna the Jet. I I if Gabe Goodwin's watching the show and not tweeting about podcasts that he enjoys producing more, he'll be happy to hear this. Oh oh look, oh wow, somebody must have brought in footers something. Gabe came into work today. Good to see him. Look at the Jets, Gabe, I have a big announcement. Put Gabe on the screen if I can see him for a moment. Gabe, the New York Jets are making the playoffs. The New York Jets are making the playoffs.
Speaker 4: It's a Jets shirting me.
Speaker 2: He's saying no, And now that I think about it, I'm not certain if they actually are. Is Laurie here, by the way, Laurie, can you make sure that sign says closed and not open? Okay? Thank you? Sorry, we have people trying to we do this show live for my wife's boutique, and there's a few people that have that are coming by and looking like they're trying to come in, and we're not open right now, but it looks like we're open right now because this show's going on. So all right, I just you know what I As I said, the Jets are making the playoffs. I now have realized that I'm doing something there that I hate when people do, which is announcing they're making the playoffs but not doing the math on it. So I let me put a copy out on it. The Jets. Oh boy, who's gonna miss? We got eight teams here, demon say, you tell me your gut reaction. I'm gonna once I list the eight teams, of which one is the odd man out. You have Bill's Dolphins, Jets, they all have six wins, The Ravens and Bengals, who are both five and three, the winner of the AFC South it's gonna call. It's gonna be the Titans, but it's one team has to make it there. And then Chiefs Chargers. That's eight teams seven making who's the odd man out? The Chargers The Chargers is what I thought you would say. So let's the Chargers. Let's look at what they have left at San Francisco, home for Kansas City, at Arizona, at the Raiders, home for Miami, home for Tennessee, at Indy home for the Rams. At Denver. The Chargers have a tough ish schedule left. Let's see what the Jets have left. Because the Dolphins look scary. Dolphins look legit scary. The Jets at the Patriots, home for the Bears, at the Vikings, at the Bills home the Lions, home for the Jags, at Seattle, at Miami. It's not I mean, you have at Seattle, at Miami, at the Vikings, at the Bills, at the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Oh boy boy, yeah.
Speaker 2: I might have put the Jets in the playoffs a little too soon. Maybe the Jets are gonna make the playoffs. Maybe the Jets are gonna make the playoffs. I have to saw, I have to soften it. I apologize so now that I've had more more time to think about it, the answer is the NFC East. The NFC East is definitely gonna have three playoff teams because the NFC is not as good as the AFC, and the AFC East might have three playoff teams. And the answer is also the NFC East as far as last playoff team standing, because Philly's going to get a bye. We don't know if Buffalo is going to get the buye anymore. That's the other thing that happened yesterday. Oh boy, oh boy, that bills all they're the one seed with a bullet. I mean, maybe there's still the favorites to be the one seed. Another fund.
Speaker 3: You still got to play the Jets again.
Speaker 2: Well, they've got to play. They're home against the Vikings this week. They have to go to New England and they host New England now they own New England last year, but still divisional games. They also have to play the Jets and the Dolphins, both of them have already beaten them, and the Bengals they have to go to the Bengals. So all of that is what has to happen right now for the Jets. Demons. Can you carry the show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, got a really funny joke for you guys.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, sorry, right now, the store that we hope this from Laurie, if you don't mind, can you just put the trash can beneath that. We have a lot going on here today. Yeah, the store over the cash register has a lee exact spot that well, I guess it can and it's now currently leaking, and so we've got a we so I heard that starting, So that's obviously a problem. Oh your Mom's gonna be so upset. That ain't great. All right, let's keep the show going. Uh, we've got a new game. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Got a new game.
Speaker 4: No one can predict the future except our very own nix Sture damis oh soyer sports. Oh look at the picture this is where Oh wow, I love it. I love dead ons with the pictures that I saw on on on images of what looks.
Speaker 3: Like Yeah, he actually had quite the nose on them.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks God.
Speaker 4: Are a sports communes with the spirits, reads the tea leaves and interprets the stars to predict the future.
Speaker 3: He sees all except who should be his lock.
Speaker 2: Of the That's two in a row, by the way, guys, two lock and locks of the week in a row. And we've got uh, we've got on the TV show. We're five oh to one the last two weeks on our picks. And I'm not gonna hear it anything.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna sprash talk from you, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm just not gonna hear it. And before we get to these games, I apologize that we have to do multiple things at once, but this is when we're live on YouTube. We have to do it. Laurie, can you tell him that they can come in in like fifteen minutes. Will you do you mind telling the guy in the gray hat outside black gentlemen and then come in like fifteen minutes. Lauri came in to do today and now I'm putting her to work. So you know, such is life. It happens.
Speaker 4: All right, go ahead, I will ask you to use your powers to predict the future. Our first one we have with over eleven hundred yards, Tarreek Hill has the most receiving yards through nine games in NFL history. Nick Sadamas, well, Tyreek have the greatest ride receiver season of all time. Yes, yes, simply put yes, I h you've been speaking highly of this guy.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, listen, I thought he's gonna have a down year with Tua. The reason I think he's gonna have the greatest wide receiver season of all time is because he's doing it with Tuass quarterback. And it's not like Randy Moss in O seven with Brady or you know the how moss is rookie year with Randall Cunningham or Jerry Rice with Joe Montana. He's doing with a limited quarterback and he's gonna have two thousand yards receiver? He is? What's up? How?
Speaker 4: How had he been paired with with Patrick Mahomes?
Speaker 3: First of all, do you miss him? Oh?
Speaker 2: Listen? I mean he's an unbelievable He's an absolutely unbelievable player. There's no doubt about that. Uh. I actually think in a weird way because Mahomes, because they had Kelsey, and because they spread the ball around so much. I think somehow Tyreek's numbers, you know, is product not somehow? I mean it's clear as production's gone up. But yeah, I think he's gonna have the greatest receiver season anyone's ever had. Next.
Speaker 4: All Right, Zach Wilson improved to five and one as the Jets starter this season with wins over Buffalo in Miami. Nick sure, damas will the Jets prosper with Zach Wilson.
Speaker 2: He's right now still their week win. Now. I give him credit for that final drive, but we are just a week removed from that horrific game against the Patriots, and he's got to improve a lot. Now. I'm gonna give a lot of these young quarterbacks a long time because of the guy we're about to talk about next. Everyone myself included was ready to write him off as a terrible pick. And now Justin Fields looks utterly dynamic. But Zach Wilson does look lost a lot of the time, a lot of the time.
Speaker 4: All right, next, all right, Justin Fields became the four first quarterback to throw for three touchdowns and rush for one to forty plus yards in a game, and the Bears offense is finally exploding. Nick Shadamas, what do you prophesies for Justin Field?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is unbelievable. I mean he ran for one seventy eight yesterday. I mean the Bears offense all of a sudden is dynamic. They have a crummy offensive line, no wide receivers. They just traded for Claypool. I can't believe it. But it feels like the sky's the limit now that they're letting this guy run. Obviously, he's raw as a passer, but it is remarkable what he's doing, utterly remarkable. It's just turned it around out of nowhere. And so if you're a Bears fan, you feel like, man, you have all these now extra draft picks, You're gonna have all this cap space and I need to see more from Fields. But then he is other than Lamar and Vic. The scariest runner at the quarterback position I've ever seen other than those two guys. And those two guys are the two best ever.
Speaker 4: All right, next, get this guy a line. The Eagles improved at eight no Thursday with a win over the Texans. Nick shrew Damas, will the Eagles go undefeated? Remaining games in order? Commanders at the Colts, Packers, Titans, at the Giants, at the Bears, at Cowboys, Saints in Giants.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, they're not gonna go undefeated, but they are gonna get the one seed with a bullet.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they're loss.
Speaker 4: The only loss there is the only one that I really see that's a clear winner, that is the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Well, road divisional games are tough. So you have at the Giants and at the Cowboys still in the schedule. You also are gonna get the you know, week eighteen, they the Giants might be fighting for a playoff spot and they might have already locked up the one seed. You got to keep that in mind. Kind of incentives not perfectly aligned. The Titans. If Daniel comes back for tough they showed it yesterday and the so I and by the way, at the Bears, all of a sudden, it looks like you're gonna have to score a lot of points, you know what I mean? The Bears look like they can score some points. I think the I think fifteen and two, fourteen and three is where this thing lands for them. All right, next, all right?
Speaker 4: The Jags finally got back in the win column versus the Raiders to climb to three and six, but with five road games remaining, your preseason bet over six and a half wins is in danger, Nick Sradonmas, is it your fortune to lose your fortune?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, you guys wouldn't let me bet the Jags this week.
Speaker 3: But you did. Anyways, I bet.
Speaker 2: Them in a teaser. Yeah, but I ain't bet them straight up like I should have, like I knew I should have. So let's look at the schedule. We need them to get to seven wins. They are at the Chiefs home for the Ravens, yikes, at the Lions win maybe at the Titans, yikes, home for the Cowboys, at the Jets. Boy, we need four wins, and.
Speaker 4: I see two there.
Speaker 3: I don't know at the Lions Week eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that's dump eight. So they're gonna win their final two games of the year at the Texans and home for the Titans, because the Titans will rest people, because the Titans will have locked up the division, so that the Titans will be locked into the four seed, and they'll they'll rest people. So there's two wins. At the Lions is a win, so there's three wins. So then they just need to win one of at the Chiefs, home for the Ravens, at the Titans, home for the Cowboys, at the Jets. Yep, they get there. They get there. There's a big win this week against the Raiders. Jacks are not a bad team and Trevor Lawrence played a great game, played a great game. Where's the Trevor Lawrence talk today?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 2: You guys made twenty five of thirty one. It's like eight nine rating, one touchdown, zero picks. The guy added fifty three yards on the ground.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a good win. Three and six. That's why Wednesday had all of last year. We're halfway through the season. By the way, if depending on how bad Daniels injury is, I'm not I'm not writing them off to win that division. Let's see if the Let's see what happens with the Titans over the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: Let's just see I mean, we saw what happened with the Titans with Altaniel against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the offense couldn't move the ball the So let's just see what happens with the Titans. I'm just saying, maybe they've got two games left against the Titans. Maybe they all of a sudden, you know, they had a tough month. Maybe they're getting it back. I'm not ready to write them off. All right, we will answer your questions. Now, we'll try to fix this leak in the ceiling. That's next. What's Right? All right, welcome back in final segment, What's Right with Nick Right? Episode two rupt Episode ninety two. Please, if you're watching us on YouTube, we appreciate you can ask some questions here. You can participate in the chat and the poll questions, all of that. Sorry, we've been doing the polls today. Today's been a little bit of a hectic show. We had we had how do I put it, you know, a curious looking fella try to get into the store. Then we had somebody try to do some shopping in the store, and then all of a sudden, the ceilings started to leak. However, during the commercial break, I went out and talked to the superintendent of the building. They actually made the ceiling leak on purpose because they're trying to figure out why the ceiling has been leaking. So maybe small silver lining that they have narrowed down what the potential issue is. Listen, it's only been going on for eighteen months, and eventually at some point they're gonna they're gonna figure they're gonna really lock in on this and figure this thing out. All right, let's read Demanse read some questions from the chat.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Man Jason Lawton asked Nick, what are the chances of the Seahawks maintain their lead against the NFC West?
Speaker 2: All right, So I don't like to make this a schedule show, but it is important and I have to. So here's what hurts the Seahawks the fact that they already lost head to head with the Niners. So now they basically have to win that matchup against the Niners in what will that be week fifteen. Here's what helps the Seahawks. After this game in Germany against Tampa, they then finally have their bye and then they have home for the Raiders at the Rams, which looked like a tough game, but it's not home for the Panthers. So let's just say they lose to Tampa, go to six and four, and then win those next three and they're seven and four. They then have to end the year Niners, Chiefs, Jets, Rams, and it's gonna come down to the wire. Man, it's really gonna come down to the wire, and probably come down to that one game at home against San Francisco, because San Francisco they have a softer part of their schedule coming up. So but they're six and three in San Francisco's four and four, So there is I wonder what I'm gonna check. I wonder what the odds are right now. I'm sure they're the favorites, but how big of favorites are they? Oh, they're not the favorites. San Francisco minus one thirty, Seattle plus one forty five. So it's like a fifty five to forty five right now. Vegas says San Francisco is the slight favorite. I think i'd flip that. I think i'd have Seattle as the slight favorite. But even if they don't They're going to be a playoff team, which is a hell of an accomplishment for the Seattle Seahawks that a lot of people thought we're gonna be the worst team in football.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, Corey Brass asks any chance Brady signs with the Rhos this offseason? Average Division all pros everywhere seems.
Speaker 3: Like the path of Leeds resistance.
Speaker 2: Well, so it's interesting. I think it's certainly on the board, and it would suck for Trey Lance, but such is life. I don't think Brady's done playing football, and I think he knows the Bucks can't compete for a championship anymore. So I tried to leave. I thought Miami would be the destination. But Tua right now is playing, it's playing great, and the Miami has traded away their first round picks, so they're playing. Is obviously to roll with Tua or I guess maybe bringing Brady, but I think that's unlikely. So I do think San Francisco's absolutely on the board. Quietly, you know what's also on the board going back to New England. Okay, they don't have a quarterback, and it would kind of be storybook. Now, that's a very tough division, so I don't know if he wants to do that, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, that would definitely fit to the Lebron and he's always following.
Speaker 3: On ass the Milwaukee Bucks far and away the best.
Speaker 4: Team in the league, yest.
Speaker 2: Not even close, and Giannis is far and away the best player in the league. The only person's even close to him is Luca and but Jannie is one of the three best defensive players in the league, and Luke is an average of best defender. So Giannie is like a ninety eight out of one hundred on offense, Luca is a ninety nine out of one hundred on defense, but Yiannis is also a ninety eight out of I said that wrong. Let me start. I think I said on offense, Jannie is in ninety seven, Lucas a ninety eight. But on defense, Giannis is also in ninety seven and Lucas like a seventy two. So that's that's the differentiator, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, Lightning Flash asks when will Tua finally enter the MVP conversation.
Speaker 2: I think this week because they're listen, Josh Allen's trying to play himself out of it, and God forbid, we just say the guy who are the best player in the league for the last five years and the guy who let me just check. Let me just do a last snat check real quick. See where Patrick Mahomes is as far as the NFL leaders. Oh, he's had a bye yet he leads everyone in yards. That seems good. Okay, but that's just yards. What about touchdowns? Oh, he leads in touchdowns too. Okay, that seems good. Okay, So he leads in yards, he leads in touchdowns. The team has a better record than the Dolphins, but the too old too. There will be people on TV that say two is the MVP now, and to his defense, Two hasn't lost this year. When they've lost, it's because he's been hurt and he's been great. I believe in the MVP conversation right now, like I if it were position independent. Here's the problem for Tua. I think Tyreek's been better so too, but we don't give it to wide receivers. But Tyreek, Micah Parsons, Derrick Henry all deserve consideration for the non quarterback category. Tua, Gino Jaalen are kind of on the fringes to me. I know a lot of people like jailing because he's undefeated and Mahomes clear league MVP. I mean, give me a break. Do you guys watch the game last night. No other quarterback in the league wins that game, no other quarter but they couldn't run the ball except when he was running it. But whatever, I'm Patrick. Mahomes has not won an MVP in four seasons. That makes a lot of sense. Rogers won two of them. That's smart, all right?
Speaker 4: Next, all right, Jack Rudolph says, how does his family bloodline continue to have so much drip?
Speaker 3: Especially Demonse?
Speaker 2: Okay, I gotta tell you, I think this is Demanse's worst outfit yet.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, it matches.
Speaker 2: It does not match. You're wearing a red striped shirt underneath.
Speaker 4: It, dude. First of all, the red striped shirt matches the short. There's red everywhere on my outfit.
Speaker 2: Okay, just because listen the you know what, thanks Jack, Let's put this to a neutral arbiter. Take a picture of your outfit head to toe, send it to your mother and say does this match?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Do you think she'll say yes?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not really about the T shirt that you barely see. It's more about the hoodie and the shorts.
Speaker 3: I don't know which match.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You can black and blue quite literally go together anything.
Speaker 2: I understand that color wise, the hoodie and the short shorts match, but conceptually, if I was wearing rain boots and a tank top, even if they were both the exact same design, they wouldn't match because they're confusing. Conceptually, you are wearing a sweatshirt, hoodie and shorts, those by definition can't match. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Thanks, Shack?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, they get it.
Speaker 2: Listen. I mean, Jack likes it, so Jack, Rudolph point in your favor. It's been a fun show. See you guys on Thursday, round ten thirty am Eastern for episode ninety three, What's Right