Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break? Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 4: It's time for The Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Ambar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: Welcome by guys to another episode of The Break. Derek is not here today, Bud, we got me, We got Nick, we got Brian. How are you guys doing?
Speaker 6: Who's me?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 8: I'm bad? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right, Well I got on the second segment a little game for you guys. We'll see how that goes. But for now, I wanted to start off, even though the schedule is a little different this week because of the Monday Night football, I wanted to start off just kind of highlighting the injuries again and kind of where we're at on that aspect of any of the guys that are expected to be back for this weekend.
Speaker 8: Do you have an update?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Where do you want to start? One third of the Cowboys active roster was listed on the injury report yesterday, so for you know, there's three of us on here, at least one of us would have been on the injury report if we were on the fifty three man roster. I guess things that really stand out Deron Bland continuing to not practice, not sounding like he's going to go. Kayln Carson still kind of dealing with the shoulder. I think that's probably turning towards something that he'll battle all season. But he was also listed with an illness and did not practice. I think in that case specifically, you look at Carson or you look at Israel Mkwamu potentially to start on Monday night, just kind of depending on which guy the coaching staff feels a little bit more comfortable with going down the list here. Ferguson did not practice with an illness, Jordan Lewis did not practice with a neck injury, Hunter Lipke did not practice with a calf injury, Zach Martin did not practice with a shoulder injury, and then Nick Vigil did not practice with a foot injury. I think a couple of positive notes you could look at though, Tomarviy and overshown he left that Eagles game with the knee injury. He was a full participant yesterday. That's really good to see. And in Cooper Rush, he's battling kind of a neck thing. He was a full of participant yesterday. But certainly a lot of guys on this list and a lot of breaking down to do.
Speaker 5: This year has been very challenging in so many different aspects. Ran you mentioned some for the Houston's path.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Texans. If I could had a chance yesterday to interview on one O five to three the fan, We had a chance interview a writer that covers their that covers the Texans and and what's what's interesting is Kolby Stott is his name, and he was bringing up that that Will Anderson probably not going to play in this game. The very talented edge rusher he mentioned. He says, listen, Darryl Stingley, the cornerback dealing with the hip injury. He says, Lassiter or the other corner dealing with a concussion, might not play in this game. He made it sound like that they might be down three of their key players on defense. We'll see what happens when we get the Monday in an actives. But he didn't sound too promising. If you told me that Anderson Stingley and Laster, We're not going to play in this football game. That's a big that's a big win right there for the Cowboys to have to deal with. Because we've talked about it here. Their secondary I think is really really good and Stanley being a big part of that and Laster being a big part of that. And so if they have to go with some backups, you know, that would I think that would bode well for the Cowboys chances to potentially move the football well.
Speaker 5: Going back to the Cowboys injury report, looking at the cornerback position specifically, I mean, Dix, he's good to go. Killing Carson. You did mention shoulder slash illness, did not practice. But the one that caught my eye, Jordan Lewis, how serious is this neck situation?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I haven't asked about it, honestly, Not sure, very concerning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've been talking about the cornerback position. He has been one of the bright spots.
Speaker 8: There for sure.
Speaker 5: Yes, So looking let's say if this was something that was to be kind of more on the serious end of things where he could potentially and we don't know yet, We'll have to wait and see, but if there was a scenario where he's effected in that game, and then you got killing Carson with what he's dealing with.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 5: Looking at this cornerback position and secondary overall?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have one more elevation for Josh Butler. That's a guy that they've elevated in the past. Andrew Booth has now on the practice squad, so he has three elevations remaining. And then you have a lot of shuffling that you probably have to do if Jordan Lewis and or Kayln Carson could not go. You're looking at Israel Mkwamuo as an option as well in that mix. But you need Draun Plants back so bad. And I think it's getting to a point now we've talked about it on the show this week. I think starting next week you either have to make the decision to shut him down or to bring him back. And I it's it's you need that roster spot when it comes to the corner position, because whenever Kayln Carson goes down, Jordan Lewis goes down, does not practice yesterday with specific injuries, then you're really starting to test that corner depth even more. I mean it's been tested since the very beginning since Week one, but you're testing it even more as the season goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the reasons why you've actually had some success at the nickel if you look at the way the position's played for the league. You know, Jordan Lewis is one of the top nickel players and slot players, and you know, in a in a year where a lot of things have gone wrong, Jordan Lewis has been one of the things that's been really, really good. And I reached out to somebody in the organization. Maybe by the time of the end of our show, we can get a concern of where they're at with uh with him and hopefully it's just uh now he'll be fine, just precautionary kind of thing, and we have the extra day and we'll move on from there. But uh, yeah, it's uh, it's that time of year and uh you know, when you're three and six team, it seems like those injuries even compound more. Uh. Nick was talking about Bland, you know, they were they were really they felt like was really good shape with Bland, and then they had that Thursday practice and that that you know, the soreness came back and they've been trying to get That's what they've been working on, is trying to get that soreness to go away. So unfortunately, uh uh, you know, he is uh, he's yet to make an appearance here. But boy, they've they've they've had They've had way way too many injuries in that secondary this year. And if if you know, if Jordan Lewis can't go, well that that will be you know, we talked about the Texans and them losing guys. Jordan Lewis being out would really really hurt this football team defensively.
Speaker 5: Well, that's going to be an interesting situation there when you've already been struggling so much injury wise on the defensive side of the wall. And I wanted to post this question to you guys. I've seen a couple of people. The majority of people don't wanna of fans, don't want to use this as an excuse, but I've seen a few people on Twitter just bring up this whole idea of like, Okay, the Cowboys have been really slapped by the injury bug throughout the year and the season.
Speaker 8: How much do you attribute to that being.
Speaker 5: The case, the reason why they're in the position that they're currently at versus.
Speaker 8: You just being bad period.
Speaker 6: I actually put up a big analysis this morning on Star Telegram Quick Plug, and it was basically, how did the Cowboys get here? How did they get to three and six? How did they become one of the league's big disappoints this year. Injuries was one of those major concerns. It was probably, you know, third or fourth on that list, but it's it's definitely something that's played a role because I think if you head into this season fully healthy and you battle you know, the usual Nixon, Knax and Dinks throughout the season, then I think this team is in a better position than three and six. You look at Deron Bland, you look at Sam Williams, you look at dag Obviously, you look at Micah DeMarcus Lawrence. I mean, the list goes down. I don't think there's been maybe Ceedee Lamb is the only guy who hasn't missed a game that you would consider like an All Pro on a year to year basis. Tyler Smith as well. But it's it's been really tough. The injury bug has really hit this team hard this season.
Speaker 2: Injuries have been tough. We mis evaluated this team some tough too. Yeah. Absolutely, we felt like that there were players that we were going to ask to play bigger roles. They really really lean on the draft. They really tried to lean on the draft. They were hopeful that Mozzie Smith would be better. It's funny, Mozzie Smith plays really well against divisional opponents. It's two best games this year being go it's the Giants and the Eagles. So maybe he's a divisional player. Uh, I'm just saying that right now. It needs to be good for all the games. But yeah, they they they they were asking you know, Tolbert to be better. They were asking uh, they were asking Terrence Steel to be better there, and then you know they I don't think they expected Zach Martin to take a step down the way he played.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't think they expected what was going to happen that tackle where they the learning curve was going to be so steep. I think the center's got a lot of promise, but they've they're there's some positions I mentioned. Masey mentioned Luke Schoonmaker too. By the way, Nick, I'm watching way too much Michigan tape already on college straff stuff.
Speaker 6: I think be upset at you for that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm trying my best to But they're good players. H The thing. The thing is that that we really the injuries were a big part, but yeah, they they they they mis evaluated. I mis evaluated this football team and what it was what it needed to do to compete with the Eagles. You know, the Commanders. I give the Commanders a lot of credit for They're still not very good. I don't think on defense, but the Commanders have found a quarterback, they got skill guys. Their team is going to be something you're gonna have to deal with. So now instead of just dealing with the Eagles, you're gonna have to deal with the Commanders too. So, you know, Will McClay has done a really nice job through the years of building a team that can win the division. But his job is going to be now even more important with the fact that the Commanders are showing up and you know, the misevaluation of his team at certain spots and asking guys to elevate their game. You know that that that I think that hurt them in the way. This injuries are bad, but the some misevaluations are there as well.
Speaker 6: I think it really started with the twenty twenty three draft class. I think I think you could you could pin all the way back to that being a starting point, just because this team is rolling so much on youth, yeah, I and that youth just didn't show up last year. I mean you look at that those ESPN to put out a report at end of the regular season last year about how all thirty two draft classes performed, and Dallas was dead last thirty second. And you're relying on that draft class to take over some big starting roles going into twenty twenty four, and we're starting to see what that brings you. You look at Luke scoon Maker, what is the six offensive snaps in the last three games combined? Minzi Smith ranked dead last out of all defensive tackles in the league according to Pro Football Focus. Overshown's really starting to step up as since his ACL injury, but Philiami Fojoco out of the building. Jalen Brooks, He's I think in the bottom six of receivers in the league and Pro Football Focus, so really tough. I think it started with that twenty twenty three draft class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially when you're having to play mainly younger players.
Speaker 2: You're a draft if you're a draft and developed team, that's what which they've chosen. That that's the bet. You now have seen the ugly truth of when you're draft and develop and you have six seven picks and only one of them plays or you know that that's really the that's really the problem right there. And you know, we'll see how things play out. The one thing with all the injuries that a lot of young guys have got to play. We've seen Carson play, We've seen uh lea foul play. You know. Unfortunately we you know, we we didn't get to see uh, you know, the defensive end play all that much. You know, hopefully we'll come back here pretty soon. But you know, that's that's that's that's a struggle. That is a real struggle. When you're that type of team, you need those picks to play and to play at a high level. I'm not asking you to play at Pro Bowl level at all the level all those players, but unique guys that that that are not being uh, their their reps are being limited. Like a Luke scoon Maker.
Speaker 8: Let's go ahead and take our first break.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we'll get into the Yetti segment and then we'll hit some of the preview for this game on Monday Night Football.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 7: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: Don't foot off getting your oil change Dallas. Take five Oil Chaine, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out.
Speaker 2: Of your car.
Speaker 3: You can take advantage of Take five's stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember, at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 11: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stay in tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Starn Frisco, or online at lucasey dot com.
Speaker 6: Lucasey the official boot.
Speaker 11: Of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kick and off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the Break.
Speaker 6: At and T Connecting changes everything.
Speaker 8: Welcome back.
Speaker 5: This is a second segment of the Break presented by blockchain dot com And now can I please have that back?
Speaker 8: Sorry, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: I could have read it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, We're gonna get into the Yeti segment and this Yetti segment is presented by Yetti. Officially licensed Yetti Cowboy gear is now available at the stadium pro shops, can sessions and on Yetti dot com. Okay, So for this game, today's game, I'm just gonna present different scenarios like football game during the game scenarios, and I want to ask you, guys, what kind of decision you would make as a coach. You're calling the place making the decisions here. Okay, so we're in the two minute drill, down by four points, and make sure you're taking notes if you need to down by four one time out left. This is a situation. It's a final drive on the game. You're trailing by four points with one forty left on the clock. Okay, you've got one time out remaining and you're starting at your own thirty five yard line. You need to score one touchdown to win. So what type of passing play do you call? Do you take the shots down the field or playing more conservatively, conservatively to manage the clock?
Speaker 6: Hold on, who's my offense?
Speaker 8: You got what you got?
Speaker 2: So you're the Cowboys right now.
Speaker 5: You're the Cowboys right now. But this is where regardless, this is where they got.
Speaker 8: You in the game, right right right.
Speaker 6: I'm just asking who do I have on the You got what you got? Okay, Okay, So the Cowboys currently.
Speaker 8: As coaching the Cowboys right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, okay, yes, Can I ask one more questions? Yes, is that with Dak at quarterback? Or is this with Cooper Rush quarterback? I would say Dak Okay, Deck at quarterback?
Speaker 6: Okay, then that does that mean? Okay, okay, all right, let's let's let me figure this out.
Speaker 2: What can we do it this way? Play with Cooper Rush, Play with Cooper Rush.
Speaker 8: I think that affects a lot of the decision.
Speaker 2: But I think that's what I think, that's what you can maybe.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go ahead and play with Cooper, play with Cooper Rush.
Speaker 8: You have your current staff.
Speaker 6: Tell you what, tell you what, because you can't take any big shots with with Cooper. Here's here's what I'm Here's what I'm gonna do to get down the field.
Speaker 2: Right, you're your thirty five one time out.
Speaker 6: Thirty five one time out. Okay. I'm taking on the very first snap, I'm going on a route or something along the sideline to CD. I'm gonna get him ten yard completion out of bounds. That takes off probably you know, seven seconds. Whatever you get to let's say forty seven yard line, right, and I'm gonna bring out Trey Lance, and the defense is going to be a little bit more buffered, you know, And so I'm gonna exactly and so I'm gonna do a read option with Trey Lance, and I'm gonna run him out for about seven eight yards and if he breaks a big game, then he breaks a big game because the defense is gonna be playing off and if he gets tackled, you know, you know, in bounds, then that's where I can use my time out if I wanted to. I don't think think I necessarily have to get back up to the line. Throw Cooper out there. Be sure you're talking to him while he's on the sideline, being like, hey, this is what we're gonna run at this that this happens, right, So he goes up. You're across midfield at that point, then you start using that Jake Ferguson, Jake Ferguson across the middle of the field. You might still have that one timeout, and if you do, you can use it at some point and then it'll set you up about the twenty yard line about thirty seconds to go. Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Like what you did there.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm I've got the one time out I'm in my thirty five. I'm probably gonna start with a screen. I'm probably gonna run because if I'm playing the Texans, I think they're gonna bring five man pressure. I think they're gonna try and blitz me. I know they're big down playing Or is this just I was just thinking about maybe this week scenario. I was just playing maybe this week scenario, how to win the game. But the I'm we're just jacking your game up right now.
Speaker 8: I mean, you should have laid up. This is when the moon is hitting at.
Speaker 2: This this no, no, no, but if but if you're playing the Texans, if I if I was playing the Texans this week, this is how I play it. I would try. I have a feeling they're probably gonna try and blitz me. They're gonna bring some kind of pressure. Here's what they're gonna try and do. I'm gonna pray. I'm gonna throw a screen. I'm gonna pray I don't get a holding call on Guion is what I'm gonna pray that that you know that he doesn't lose his guy and then I could get this off. I'm gonna throw I'm gonna throw a I'm gonna throw a screen, uh t rico daddle, I'm gonna try and get some yards out of that. I'm gonna hustle up to the line and now I'm gonna I'm now I'm gonna try and find a way because if all their guys are playing, and I kind of feel like that my best opportunity to maybe make a play would be the next with Ferguson. So what I'm gonna try and do is I'm gonna run my screen. I'm gonna find Ferguson along the sideline, maybe run him, bring him across the formation, run him on an out, throw him the ball. Maybe get six seven yards there, and I'm gonna try and just kind of methodically move down the field. I don't want to give them any time. I'm gonna I want to win this thing, you know, I want to win this thing. But I'm not afraid to run the ball though too, because I still got a time out left. But if I hit a big screen, if I get the out route, if I hit another pass, now that gives me an opportunity maybe run the ball. If I get down where I'm getting inside, say their ten yard line, I'm a goal to go situation I'm thinking about, Okay, don't leave them any more time. So I'm doing my best to try not to use my timeout. So I'm gonna use the screen, the out, maybe another out, and then take the shots that I need to take down there, and hopefully, hopefully I've still have my time out left. Hopefully I didn't give up a sack. But I'm I'm trying to work all my guys Dabble Ferguson and Lamb or what I'm trying to do to get the toe.
Speaker 5: We had a live voting system where fans and listeners right now could vote best play caller here? Which play you guys like the best? But hit us on Twitter or X That's what I mean. Okay, next situation here, you're on your own forty eight yard line.
Speaker 2: Own forty eight were kicking field goals from there? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Down by three points?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay here.
Speaker 8: By three points, but just under two minutes left in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Third quarter?
Speaker 5: Okay, the opposing defense is strong, but you need the conversion to sustain the drive. Yeah, do you go for it on fourth and one? Or punt the ball.
Speaker 6: Or sixty nine yarder? No, I'm going for that, Yeah, I'm going for that fourth and one. I'm going for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think metrics will tell you to go for it. But you're playing against a strong defense. I personally, would you.
Speaker 5: Run up the middle on the outside or try to quick pass?
Speaker 6: What defensive I'm playing? Am I playing the Texans?
Speaker 2: Let's let's pay the Texans again? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well Anderson's out, I'm running left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to me, I'm trying, this is where you maybe put Trey Lance in again. You know, you talk about you talk about okay with Trey Lance. They would understand. They they would probably think, oh my gosh, there's a chance for quarterback carry read option stuff like that. So I and you know, maybe the flip, maybe the fake and the flip going the other way. So yeah, I I I'm going for that. I think that's I don't want to give them the ball on my side if I can help it. Yeah, you know, I think I think I think can get that for you.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, whatever you do, My god, it's not out of shotgun.
Speaker 2: Please und no, they but that's the problem, you know, damn good and well, it's going to be out a shotgun. No, no, seriously, they you know, I literally sixty years old. I sit in the press box and I just die every time.
Speaker 6: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: I just sit there and go, please, don't take the ball away from the line of scrimmage. But if if they the way they do it, they snap it and they flip it and they you know, they they don't, you know, they don't just hand it to Hunter Lipkey and get the first down. You know, that's what they need to do.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what I do.
Speaker 2: I see, That's what I'm saying. I would, I would, I would run. I would put may split backs and just slash it with Hunter Lipkey, just hand it inside and then have the you know, have the back peel so you get that that eye candy. Look where you got to. You got movement going away, but the ball's coming back to the inside. You know, try and play with play with the eyes of the But they never.
Speaker 8: You never know, maybe they'll listen to this.
Speaker 2: I watch a lot of film. I see people convert third and fourth downs all day.
Speaker 6: Or it could be an eye formation. You got, you got Trey Lance, you got Lipkey, and you got doubt. All play action to doubt a wheel route to Lipkey around on the left side. Forty eight yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I saw. I saw Alabama do this. They Alabama was playing Tennessee in a game in college football and Jalen mill Road and they they were packed inside. Tennessee was really packed, and what they did was they knew that they were going to pack it inside. He took the snap and went down the line to his left and they blocked the edge, so they carved everybody down inside. They kicked the edge out and Milrod ran up through this kind of went along the line and then went up for like about thirty yards like they I mean, it could have been a touchdown the Tennessee safety, but it was you know, they were thinking, oh, it's gonna be a push push kind of thing. They just went along the line, compressed everybody, kicked the in man out and he went up this. I mean, it was a beautiful play on fourth and fourth and one. They got thirty yards on the play. You know, stuff like that that would never happen here.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to talk about Jaylen Milroll on the Draft Show. And it's gonna be a fun segment.
Speaker 2: I know you can't.
Speaker 5: All right, next one, first quarter, second and twenty This is after a holding penalty, of course, So you're on your own twenty five yard line after a big holding penalty has hut. It pushed you back to second and twenty.
Speaker 2: Oh it's second and twenty.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, second and twenty.
Speaker 5: The defense is playing a deep zone and you still need yardage to make it manageable for a third down conversion. So do you go for a conservative, conservative gain like a screen pass or draw or do you take a deep shot to make up for the lost yards?
Speaker 8: And how do you what would you do in this?
Speaker 2: I throw a slant to uh. I throw a slant to Lamb, is what I do. And I try and get thirteen yards. That's good, is what I do. I'm taking the snap and I'm running a slant. I'm throwing the ball to Cooper Rushes right, so I'm bringing Ceedee Lamb right to left on the slant. I'm hitting him. I'm hoping he gets up the field and I hope it's a game of about twelve to thirteen yards and make it third and seven.
Speaker 6: And I'll give you a plan B for that option in case they cover that slant, so you can go five wide right. You can put Rico, O'dowdell out in the slot, motion him back in, and then run a Texas route with Rico Dowdell right right in front of the defense. So does that.
Speaker 2: Linebacker somewhere explain Texas right Texas.
Speaker 6: Route will be like the angle route, so so doubt I'll go out and then back in. Okay, basically crosses right in front of the linebacking core. So that that forces this lineback who's having to account for Dowdell coming across because now he's in motion. So the eye candy is there. He either has to account for Lamb on the slant. He'll think, Okay, they're trying to get my mind off of Dowdell and go to Lamb on the slant. And if he moves to Lamb, then you have Doubtle. But if he moves Doubdle, you have Lamb. It puts that linebacker. I'll tell you it precarious situation. I'll tell another one you could probably do. You can line up with the great job explaining Texas route.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. I would do like I would put again on the right side. I would put I would put uh Colbert in Lamb. I'd put Tolbert outside of Lamb in like a twins formation to the right. I would drive Tolbert inside and run the pick and run Lamb behind him. So what you kind of do right there is you drive the pick and you have the separation. So now you just throw the ball to Lamb going away is another thing I would think about doing. Right there.
Speaker 6: You're risking the potential pick penalty to mark you, Becky, I don't care.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I'm I don't I'm not a fan of that one. I just feel like it wouldn't be well executed.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm saying. You need, you need, you don't want to do you put you don't want to do it. I don't think you want to do it with Brooks or I don't think you want to do it flooring away one of those guys you might be. How about our new guy maybe our maybe our maybe our new uh Jonathan Mingo maybe maybe something big body guy. See that's what I do. Drive Mingo inside, Lamb behind, right up the sidelines, toss it to him first down.
Speaker 6: Tell you what, There's not a lot to be excited about right now. And I understand that.
Speaker 2: But you're excited about Jonathan Mingo A little bit.
Speaker 6: Excited to watch like I am to do. I still believe that they overpaid for him, Yes, do I still believe that it probably wasn't the best addition they could have made up the deadline. Yes, but it's something different exactly, and so I'm excited to see what he can bring to the offense.
Speaker 8: I am too. Hopefully we got to see some of that this weekend.
Speaker 5: All right, Next situation, third and goal at the eight, down by seven points, two minutes left, so we're dead.
Speaker 8: You're in a.
Speaker 5: High state game, as always high stake, down seven with two minute left.
Speaker 8: You've got the ball.
Speaker 2: That's a real quick question. H huh, Nick, you go for two if you score?
Speaker 6: Yes? Well, if if, well, it depends, it depends. It depends where the momentum is going in that game.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: You've got the ball at the opponent's eight yard line, facing a.
Speaker 8: Third down in goal.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: The defense has been tough all day, especially in the red zone, as always, right, what.
Speaker 8: Do you do here?
Speaker 5: Do you attempt to fade to the corner, try it wick slant, or run acrossing route?
Speaker 2: I run the I run the same play you scored against the Steelers to win that game, the Tolbert I drag one underneath, two over the top and just try and pick as many guy as I can. That's that was a good play for them. You know, that was a good play. I would I would consider, like I say, I would maybe even consider the same play that they ran where CD went into the sunlight. You know whatever that that play where it was the pivot route by Ferguson. You know he was trying to go in and out it looked like but he got doubled. But whatever route that was that got lamb that open on the drag, whatever he did on that side over there, that that thing opened quick. So I would sure consider. I think I'm probably gonna get some kind of man coverage down there. So yeah, I'm running the picks or I'm running CD in that route that you saw into the sun, but not into the sun because it will be a night game.
Speaker 6: You might call me a little crazy here, and that's okay, okay with being crazy. I'm running I'm running a draw. You gotta it's four down territory anyway. Eight, I'm running a draw.
Speaker 2: Fourth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna make it a little bit easier on fourth, and then that gives me a lot more options on fourth.
Speaker 8: Let's take this, it's step first.
Speaker 2: Trey Lance again, maybe some stuff coming in. You don't score, gohead.
Speaker 5: So do you at this point do you go for just a field goal on fourth down?
Speaker 8: Or do you do another attempt?
Speaker 6: What's the score? How many times are you're down.
Speaker 8: By seven and you've got two minute left?
Speaker 2: Two minutes? Yeah, you're I don't trust my defense. I'm going I'm going to I'm gonna go try and win the game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you try it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the reason I asked to score three and six.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go try and win the game.
Speaker 6: Is it seven to nothing or fifty six forty nine? Because like, is my offense producing? Is my defense not?
Speaker 5: Like I don't know I even get that far into the game. That's building out the whole game there. I just know if we're done by seven.
Speaker 6: More often than not.
Speaker 2: I'm what I'm gonna tell you what. I'm gonna Dan Campbell this thing. I'm going for two for two, I'm three and six. I'm going to try and win a football game. I'm going to try and win a football game. It's what I'm gonna try and do all right.
Speaker 8: Well, well we're done with this game for today.
Speaker 2: Is there any point in this game you would consider running a fake again, fake field goal, fake punt, with any anything leads you to believe I would. I'd consider a fake field goal just because of how fat, how good your kicker is that they might really try. And you know, we've seen like Kansas City teams blocking field goals. Fake field goal might work.
Speaker 8: Could at this point.
Speaker 5: And I've said it before after the Eagles game, even though I know for sure that on that side of the building they're still in writing and they're you know, they're not thinking that the season is over for them. But in my mind, I'm like, I'm at the point where just try whatever, Like, let's just have fun, Let's have fun and try things out.
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 6: Who are you having to throw it? Aubrey or Anger?
Speaker 2: You know what? Man? This is what's sad because I'm I would get my kicker involved because I've seen where you take the snap and the kicker rolls and you throw it over the top of your.
Speaker 6: Way back when.
Speaker 2: Yeah Less Miles did it against it was Florida. But I worry about tossing the ball to and Aubrey getting hurt. Can you imagine faking a field goal and he gets blown up doing it? My gosh, you couldn't know that Southwest Airlines want to get away commercial. I want to get away, you know, I mean, like your boots fossil like on the sidelines is going.
Speaker 6: That's an American Airlines commercial.
Speaker 2: It's American Airlines. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: I saw him trying to catch some passes a couple of days ago and.
Speaker 8: It was not that good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just SoC d lot of drops.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll tell you what, man, I don't know. Maybe I don't want to fake a field goal. Then just go ahead knock that thing home.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 5: Let's go ahead and take our final break, and when we come back, we're gonna keep talking about the matchup for this Monday night game against the Texans.
Speaker 13: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an lg O lead Evo TV. That's because everything you see is more life like, every play, every hit, I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: That's how clear it is.
Speaker 13: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 1: No one comes close.
Speaker 13: Lg o led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 14: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere t combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 15: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold. Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet. Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious, ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The wins will be even tastier.
Speaker 13: It's a Pepper thing, and we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 16: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bank of a Marria. Could dot com slash Erica by your side? Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message dat rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a number FDIC.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure five.
Speaker 7: G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: Back to the.
Speaker 5: Break, lgola evo is the best TV in the game, but don't take her word for it. Digital Trends said the lgola G four has the picture quality they've ever seen. See it for yourself at lg dot com slash o ed Evil, Welcome back to the third segment of the Break.
Speaker 8: Is it by LG Evil?
Speaker 2: Jason Witten your next coach?
Speaker 8: Hi, Brian.
Speaker 6: Coming in hot.
Speaker 8: Listen?
Speaker 2: Very positive? You know, very positive? Not no, it's not. I'm sorry, that's fair.
Speaker 8: Still got a coach under contract?
Speaker 2: I sure do. Could Jason Witten be the next coach of the Cowboys if they ever enchoose to change coaches?
Speaker 6: Here I can read the quote from from Jerry No.
Speaker 2: The quote sounds like he's going to maybe give him the job if the Cowboys ever changed their head coach.
Speaker 6: He was asked on One five Through the Fan this morning on the K ANDC Masterpiece, do you think Jason Witten could be an NFL head coach one day? He said yes, without hesitation. Yes, he has something you can't draw up. Reminds me a lot of our other tight end. He's the head coach up at Detroit right now talking about Dan Campbell's tell you what he wont to state championship last year with our guy Liberty Christian and he has but he does have a son who's a sophomore this year, who's going to be a big time recruit. Maybe wants to coach out the remaining days of his high school career. But yeah, some interesting.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't put it past him. Would you wouldn't put it past the Cup? How about just an interview?
Speaker 6: Right, I'm just talking about the league in general. He can find a spot in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if he necessarily wants to go the route of being I don't know this. I'm just speculating. I don't know if he wants to be the route. Dan Campbell was a tight ends coach and you know, and then kind of became an interim coach and then was a head coach. But I wonder, I just you know, it's one of those things you'd have to I think you the way that Jerry answered that question, you would have to see you would have to think that if they did make a change and they were interviewing guys, I think that Jason Wooden would actually get a guy and I get an interview, and I bet you it would come off as he would probably be the most impressive one of all the guys they do.
Speaker 5: I feel the way I took his response was more like, we know, just high respect. He has big respect, and everyone respects Jason Witten and the career he had here, and he's a very football oriented, football focus, get your hands in the dirt.
Speaker 8: Type of guy.
Speaker 5: So I saw it more as like, absolutely in the NFL in general.
Speaker 8: He could be a head coach, and I don't.
Speaker 5: Think he would deny an interview. I think he would be open to sit down with him and listening to it.
Speaker 8: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'll ask you, guys, personal question here, completely different from what the Cowboys could potentially do in the future. Would you want to have him as the head coach.
Speaker 2: It would be interesting to me. I am so about the coaching staff. I think that I think the credibility that Jason Witten would bring in a locker room, I think is I think the message, the attention to detail. I think, I think you could find coaches that are far worse. The thing that he only lacks is the experience, you know. But as far as a player, the way he went about the game, the knowledge, the toughness aspect that he brings. Honestly, I think you could do far worse. You really could. But what would be really important to me is the thing that's made Dan Campbell as good as Dan Campbell is. His staff is outstanding, it really is. I mean, and they endured, you know, some rough go Initially, they lost a lot of close games. I remember with Tucker from the Ravens to kick a sixty something yardfield goal to beat the Lions. I mean, they lost a bunch of tough games. And then they went to Green Bay with nothing to play for at the end of the year and beat green Bay and kept him out of the playoffs. I think at that point it kind of just it elevated, you know, the players leave in that guy, and they believe in Aaron Glenn, and they believe in Ben Johnson, and they believe in you know. They've done a great job of drafting players too, you know, and signing players. But I honestly, I think you could do far worse than than than Jason Witten. And I and I mean that that with the hope that somebody could help him. Get an Aaron Glenn, get a Ben Johnson, get assistant coaches that could that can have the same kind of toughness and mentality that Jason Witten has. So I I that that's the only thing that would make me nervous. I think Jason wentten standing up in front of your team. It's not a bad thing. I don't think it's a bad thing. Well, other coaches make a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 5: Time will tell Mike McCarthy is still on their contract. Peace contract ends at the end, at the end of the season football year season, That's when it ends, and we'll see what happens there. You never know how things might change. There's the holiday seasons coming up. There are miracles that happen, you never know.
Speaker 8: You never know. That would be the biggest.
Speaker 5: Comeback of all times, I feel like, in my eyes, can you imagine turning the season around?
Speaker 6: Could you imagine?
Speaker 8: Couldn't you imagine that?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: I can't. But I'm but I'm but I you know, I've been fooled before. I was fooled about this team coming out of training camp.
Speaker 6: I think we all were.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, So last three minutes of the show. What are you looking for in this matchup, specifically whether they win or lose? What is your kind of focus point heading into this Monday night football?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, A shameless plug for a Star Telegram. Five things to watch this game. Nico Collins his return, obviously is going to have a big impact on this Texas offense. Do the Cowboys do they roll out Israel mcwamu or Kayln Carson to start this game? Does Trey Lance pick up more action? Does he get more than the fifteen snaps that he had last week? He maybe pick up twenty twenty five? Jonathan Mingo his debut? And then can the Cowboys find any sort of success against this Texans defense? Those are things I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at the Can Dallas continue to have some success on defense rushing the passer and well, we're going to see more of overshown. The Houston Texans offensive line we've got into this has not been very good this year. And if the Dallas Cowboys are going to win this game on Monday Night, their defense is going to have to play again to the level they played, you know, last week against the Eagles. But what I'm looking forward to is can this offense we've seen, We saw Mike Zimmer do some things differently to try and help his defense. Is there anything that Mike McCarthy and this coaching staff can do offensively that gives them a different look and gives them a chance against a pretty good Texans defense. If that doesn't happen, then you're probably gonna see another defeat here. But you know, that's your hope that it sounds like the Texans are banged up on their defense, But can Mike McCarthy come up with something that can that's different, that can maybe find a way to generate more points than they've had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sucks to see new players being added to the injury report, but on the offensive side of the ball, I am hoping to see at least something different. Even if they were to lose this game. Something different on offense, try different plays, Mingo, that's someone to keep an eye on and see maybe if you know it changes your mind.
Speaker 2: Brian.
Speaker 8: That and but a chance they have.
Speaker 2: I think the defense will play well enough. I think the defense can the offense not be three they can. If the offense is three and out five six times in this game, They're not going to win this game. No way, I'm going to win this game.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, no show on Monday. We will not be here because of the game. So we'll come back on Tuesday and talk about the game and how everything went well.
Speaker 8: Whent right, what went wrong is what?
Speaker 6: Hopefully show what Hopefully we're not the only ones at no show. Yeah, bang on that note for Chrispy.
Speaker 5: Alright, Burnick, Harris, Brian brought us remember you see how This has been the break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Slash Radio.
Speaker 2: This has been a
Speaker 1: Production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.