Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast. Hey, it's Delilah, sharing stories of love today that bridges eternity, Love that will continue to carry on, continue to motivate you, continue to sustain you, even when the one that you love has crossed over into eternity.
Speaker 2: Hi. Good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who is this.
Speaker 3: Hi Delilah, It's Clara.
Speaker 4: Back in July, I called you because I have Salen broke mytip. If you remember, and I had told you my husband had passed away, and you had you had had so many beautiful words you had said to me. You're in just got me to keep going and going and going, And I am now doing better than what I was. I sure miss my husband because he passed away. I enjoy listening to you every single night.
Speaker 1: If I recall, Clara, correct me if I'm wrong. When you called, though, there was no joy and hope and excitement at hearing your grandkids' voices. Last time we spoke, you were you were in the depths of the grief of losing your best friend.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was I was messed up. I really was losing my husband and the me fallen, and my grandkids are all out of town. It's you know, it's it hurts, you know, but they have to be where they have to be, you know, with their families. I don't know how to explain it, but just to tell you, you inspired me every single night listening to you, and I keep your words close to my heart because I just I enjoy your music. I enjoy trying to call you and talk to you you and I think you have me going and going and going and going. If you really want to know the truth to side my grandkids.
Speaker 2: You want to know something.
Speaker 1: You inspired me that night because I remember that conversation and what I did not share with you is that I was going through some stuff because the man that I'm married to is very stubborn and doesn't communicate the way that I do, and I was so frustrated. And when you called and started talking about the relationship that you were grieving with your husband, it made me realize how blessed I am and that I needed to change my heart and see all that I have been gifted. So without even knowing it, you inspired me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did not know. Thank you so very much and I enjoy your music and what you do for everybody. Delilah, You're just a god to give to all.
Speaker 2: Of us, and God bless you.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 2: Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who is this?
Speaker 5: Hi, Delilah. My name is Doreen, and this is a thank you. My husband and I lived on the same street. I had met him when I was ten. I married him when I was twenty, and I knew his family. I'm fifty seven now for forty six years. We're coming up to a very special anniversary. His mother died a year ago, and I want to thank you, Delilah for getting me through it, because every single night I listened to your station, and so did she, and I was with her the week that she died, and you really got us through it. Freddy and I've been married now thirty six years, and really and truly when we first got the diagnosis of the cancer, I didn't think I could bear it, and I started listening listening to you, listening to the station, listening to other people's stories. My mother in law, so she got very ill, listened to and the music got us through it. And as this anniversary approaches, I look at it with bittersweet memory because she was extremely precious, extremely dear to us and gave so much of herself to us, and you gave so much to help us get through her passing. Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: God bless you, and I'm glad you had such a precious mother in law to bless you all those years.
Speaker 2: And you have a good night, sweetie, you too there, Bye bye bye, Hi, good evening.
Speaker 5: Who is this all right?
Speaker 6: My name is Ron?
Speaker 1: Ron.
Speaker 2: What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, my brother recently passed away and I was just thinking of him, as I do often, And you know, you have to understand, he was a guy that lived for the moment, and and I had been through the wringer and back together more than one time. We just all missed him a lot. He rode motorcycles. He just you know, he was just a wild, kind of out over the edge kind of guy, and as was I in my younger day.
Speaker 2: Funny how having kids kind of changes all that, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah? But I just I kind of had the blues today thinking about him. I don't know, I just I guess the one thing that he shared with me that I'd like to share with everyone else. Is He used to tell me, Ron, I've never seen a hearse yet pulling a U haul trailer. And you should never ever leave anything unset, so you can't take it with you. And you got to let people know what you think. This guy was larger than live. I mean, he he just was such an awesome individual. He was my hero, you know, all the time I was growing up, and I tried to emulate everything he ever did. Some days I think I get mad at him because he let me here to deal with all this by myself. But then I think, you know, it's just like Dave to go ahead and make the way for me. You know, he's making a better place somewhere for me. So when I start to tear up and cry a little bit, I just got to disfigure. Well, you know he's in a fair place.
Speaker 2: Well, let me find a song for you. Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who is this Randall?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Randal?
Speaker 2: Thank you? What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I was calling to see if you could help me dedicate a song.
Speaker 2: To somebody who is on your heart? And how can I.
Speaker 3: Help it's my mom. This week, actually, Wednesday marks the sixth year anniversary of her death, and last week was both mine and her birthdays. She was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was thirteen and lived until a few days after my nineteenth birthday, So this week's always kind of troubling for me, and she wighs really heavily on me.
Speaker 2: And what's mama's name?
Speaker 3: Her name's Brenda, And how old.
Speaker 2: Was she when she was diagnosed?
Speaker 3: She was fifty eight, if I'm not mistaken. When she was diagnosed. She had me later in life.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, my.
Speaker 3: My, Yeah, wellow, good for moming much lighter.
Speaker 2: Good for your mom.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry for your loss, but I bet that she is so proud of you and looking over you and watching out for you and opening doors for you and blessing you. Even though you can't see her anymore.
Speaker 3: I feel her with me every day.
Speaker 1: I believe that the reason that my show finally became successful after so many years of fighting is because because my mom passed away when she was a year younger than your mom.
Speaker 2: And I believe.
Speaker 1: That that she got to have it and said, okay, God, we got to have a conversation.
Speaker 3: I agree. You know, I went through a lot of tough times after my mom passed away, but it was like one day I just heard her speak to me and say everything was going to be okay, and my life's been on the up and out ever since.
Speaker 1: Everything is going to be okay, and I will be here to give you an audio hug.
Speaker 2: How's that?
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 2: All right, let me find a good song for Mama. Thank you, God, bless honey.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah.