Speaker 1: You are now angel what I call her yee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's way I put angela yee. Happy Monday. Everybody's back from the holiday, and we got.
Speaker 3: A special guest co host Mike one two one two, a surprise for her to Yeady is here with us. What's happening you do this though? I feel like you jumped right in.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't, especially with somebody I'm super familiar with that I call the friends. So it's all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have things in the past.
Speaker 3: I have some girlfriend town and you also have a movie that you produced, Mister Santa, a Christmas Extravaganza that's gonna be in theaters. Yes, I'm super excited about it. But this is a little different from my normal producing. This is the fourth movie that I've produced, but this one not only am I producing the film, but I am singing on the soundtrack.
Speaker 2: We've seen that.
Speaker 3: People was like, look a ya, which is super crazy sing No, Yandy thinks she's all right.
Speaker 2: Yandy would not call us over a singer. But so.
Speaker 3: The producer, Noel Calloway is someone that I've worked with for years. But outside of working with him, we went to high school together.
Speaker 2: Oh Okay.
Speaker 3: So he's like, you always singing, so I want I want to do something a little different this year with you coming on board up the producer and I was like, what you mean? So he toils a long banager. We want her, We want to pay her to sing on the soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Hold on, we're gonna talk more about this. We gotta get into it, all right. Let's get this show started with some love and some positivity.
Speaker 3: Yanny's gonna be giving us all the tea today because I seen them videos. I was like, okay, Yandy, the gonna get them Christmas Christmas song coin is different too. All right, Well, let's shine a light eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty Call us up. Let us know who you want to spread some love to. It's way up, shaemh.
Speaker 4: Turn your lights on, y'all, light spreading love to those who are doing greatness kind of light on, Shine the light on. It's time to shine a light on them.
Speaker 3: All right, it's way up at Angel Legee. I'm here, my girl, me guess her stake. What's up now?
Speaker 2: I know you want to shine a light on somebody today. I do. I want to shine a light on Jamill T. Davis.
Speaker 3: So she runs a company. It's called Black Women's Lives Matter. Not only is it it's an internet I would say, not really a blog, but she shines light on everything black women. But it's also in a Parel line. She's doing some amazing things. I don't know if you know the Jamila T. Davis story, but she was incarcerated for over a decade, and she got her PhD as soon as she came out. She got her bachelor's while in there, GORPG when she came out, and she's really dedicated her life to being a resource for women that have been formally incarcerated, as well as shining a light on all the amazing things that black women are doing.
Speaker 2: So shout out to you, Jamila.
Speaker 3: I love what you're doing and I absolutely love your Parell line bigging us up all the time. We love you, Jamila. Jamila does amazing work too with the education system.
Speaker 2: She does as well.
Speaker 3: I went to a holiday pop up that she did as well. She was working with Tamika Mallory.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we love them. Shout out to Samika.
Speaker 3: Mallory is definitely one of my best friends and she's killing it as well.
Speaker 2: For so many black women.
Speaker 3: I love the whole team, So I'm glad to shot a light on them and spread a light and all the good stuff up here with angeliue. All right, Well, now, hoo doi you guys want to spread some love to eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty c J.
Speaker 2: Who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: I want to shine the light on my beautiful wife. She's amazing mother. And then today is her I want to wish her a happy forty ninth birthday. And I'm blessed to have us.
Speaker 2: Oh what's your name?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Her name is Marie, Marie.
Speaker 2: All right, well, congratulations on YouTube. She's how long have you ever been married?
Speaker 6: You said thirteen years.
Speaker 2: That's my lucky number. Okay, I love it.
Speaker 3: Here's to a lifetime together for Sedgric and Marie from Springfield, mass Thank you for calling.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well that was shine a light eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty If you couldn't get through, you could leave a message and you could shine a light during last word And when we come back, we have your yet and.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about two chains.
Speaker 3: He's very upset that his friends skipped his holiday turkey drive and will give you the details what made him so mad about it. When you're trying to do some positive things, you've supported people at least they could do with support you back. Sure, we'll talk about it. And yet it's way up from.
Speaker 4: Industry shade to all of gossip out.
Speaker 3: Angels feeling that, all right, it's way up with Angela Yee, I'm here and singer, entrepreneur, producer. You will not say singer you are, You will not have a song. Yeady is here, guest hosting. She playing with my head, She playing with me and let's.
Speaker 2: Get into the Yet so to change.
Speaker 3: It's frustrated because people were supposed to show up his friends to his annual holiday turkey drive that's organized by his true foundation, and some people, I guess just did not come and support the way that he would have anticipated. Right, we have expectations of our friends, people we've helped out.
Speaker 2: He went on Instagram Live and said this.
Speaker 5: People asked me for favors all the time, asked me for more honey all the time, and y'all can't even pop up to help me help out the people. So now I'm working for you, I'm helping the unfortunate, and you learned the unfortunate. Like, I'm just sit in here thinking, man, y'all had to leave me to long for a minute.
Speaker 2: He's frustrated.
Speaker 3: Listen, I get his point. Yes, you know, people show up to the club. They'll show up to dinner and don't want to pay none of the bill at all. They'll show up when you got to go shopping to get something, to throw something on the register. But when you're doing something good for the community or something that they don't deem cool or fun.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, we ain't got time for that.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna be my friend, you're gonna show up, show up for all of this.
Speaker 3: And I think what's important is because sometimes you don't know if somebody has something else going on, let me know, right If you know you can't make it, let me know, send somebody else.
Speaker 2: Like you need some help, you know, cause it is hard to get.
Speaker 3: Some people want to be there for the fun stuff, but they don't always want to be there for to give back exactly all right now, Kay Sinatt has ended his Mafia Fine two stream, but he broke the Twitch subscriber record in the process. Over seven hundred and twenty eight thousand followers.
Speaker 2: You know, the previous high was set.
Speaker 3: By Iron Mouse with three hundred and twenty six thousand, so he has basically almost doubled that.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. And he had everybody come through.
Speaker 3: I mean people, we would not have even thought Chris Brown was their sissy, and Lizzo Kyrie Irving was in there cramming a good time.
Speaker 2: So here's what he had to say.
Speaker 8: I can't do the things that I really want to do, like can't go out for the clubs. I can't do that. But it's all part of this whole thing. And I understand that fully. I understand that you have to make sacrifices. You got to put yourself in a position to literally achieve and be great.
Speaker 4: And what's gonna make you great?
Speaker 8: You had to discipline, put time into it, think different, be different, live different.
Speaker 2: Wow. I love that.
Speaker 3: I love to see this young brother breaking down walls, setting up new trends and really becoming the culture. You know, It's funny because my kids, you know, my kids are in that whole streaming life, especially little in DC. They love him, and I'm always like, what is this the best y'all watching what's going on that? I remember that video he was in the shower doing so I'm like, this man is streaming in the shower. What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: But it's working. He's created a lane.
Speaker 3: And I know you said seven hundred and twenty eight thousand, these people are subscribing monthly, paying a monthly fee.
Speaker 2: Is nicking? Do you understand much money he's making a month.
Speaker 3: It's like even if it was five dollars a month, five dollars on seven hundred and THO, like, do you understand what the leather is making? I tell you yea to be about her three something million dollars a month at bare minimum and it was sitting.
Speaker 2: There with friends.
Speaker 3: I want to say, is that white people are like going on that show is because it is fun and it's marketing. He's gonna have a good time with you. It's not you know, it's more about like a celebration. It's not listen, cod if you want me to come up there talk about y'all's ged care, let me know, hit me on the hip.
Speaker 2: Can't wait? What we doing? We dance it We chicken little souping Because I'm gonna be right there with you. I get it. It's great for a business.
Speaker 3: It's great for entrepreneurship because you can get up there talk about your product and at bare minimum, you know they're going to be at least half a million people tuned in to hear about what you got to talk about.
Speaker 2: So I get it. Hell, let's do it.
Speaker 3: And lastly, I just want to say also, I saw that Queen Latifa and Lady of Rage were posted up together, so they have something in the works. The Lady of Rage posted, Hm, what's going on here? Stay tuned? What could that be about?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: Rough and stuff with my afro puff raide.
Speaker 3: Hey, I told you that she said puffs Dan calm down because he thought you said something else.
Speaker 2: Okay, I told you Yanni ka sing don't play with her? Can you stop? All right?
Speaker 3: Well, we come back and we have about last night. That's what where we discussed what we did last night.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I watched this movie it's called Mister Santa, a Christmas extravagance that we're going to talk about it.
Speaker 2: It's way up.
Speaker 4: So about last night.
Speaker 9: I went down, let me hear you do a little last night last night, and now we're doing about last night.
Speaker 3: So last night, in all transparency, I had a chance to watch Mister Santa, a Christmas Extravaganza. That's the movie that Yandy Is has produced that's gonna be at this week.
Speaker 2: Actually it is. I'm super excited. So it's a children's movie.
Speaker 3: You know how, sometimes you just need some good, wholesome fun for the kids. And I think there's one company that monopolizes kids movies.
Speaker 2: We all know who that is.
Speaker 3: I got to see Mauana this weekend, but I wanted to be a part of something that was for kids, for us, by us. But the thing is, the director has something else in mind and asked me to be on the soundtrack. Who So you've been singing, so tell us about last night for you? So last night for me, which was this past week and Thanksgiving, was great. I spent it with the family. Right after Thanksgiving Friday, I learned that I would be singing this song live at the Atlanta premiere. So I was like, I hope y'all got all type of studio sessions, rehearsals and all kind of vocal coaches. Because I'm not a real singer. I just happen to be able to hold a note. We saw the video, some were singing it went viral. They were like, look at Yandy, Ye Yandy could sing.
Speaker 2: Oh my God.
Speaker 3: And you know they are ruthless in comments. So I was like, I am not reading the comments, no way, never positive. But I heard that the comments have been positivity in there, you know what. To be honest with you, I am proud of how the song turned out. I think it's so cute and I'm actually loving the moment of being in the student. Now this live performance, I get up, I think about it and I'm sick to my stomach. So it's coming up in three days, so I spent my weekend rehearsing. Can we get a little hook? No, you cannot get anything. Come to the joke, Come to the premiere. I'll give you some tickets. Actually, I'll give some of your listeners some tickets. Okay, I'll leave up ten tickets for you guys. So anyone in Atlanta that wants to come, just hit up Angela and we will give you guys ten to the premiere and listen. This is a family friendly movie, so I want to stress that too, so you can definitely take your kids to go see it. It has all the things that we've had to deal with in school, coming up, a little bit of bullying, but then over pulling a little bit of the cool kids versus the theater kids when they have to come together, work together to put something together for their high school.
Speaker 2: And I think that it turned out to be really really good. The ending is great.
Speaker 3: Yes, So you guys can DM us DM me at Angela. Ye, if you want to get that Lincoln, We'll get you some tickets and you can. But you got to do it fast because I know everybody's gonna want to do this.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, all.
Speaker 3: Right, and you know, shout out to my family. They came over in my house for Thanksgiving. So I have a new house that a lot of them have not had a chance to see yet that I moved into that's getting finished, but it was finished enough to do Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: There soot to cook.
Speaker 3: So I was gonna say shout out to DJ Will who catered all right, thank you dj Will, Okay, and they loved his food, And to Evelyn's Kitchen, who also caters. I had two different catering experiences.
Speaker 2: Unlimited food. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: It had so much food that the next day I had friends come over to eat some and everybody else who got to take food home because I overdid it and I didn't cook a thing, but they loved it, love it, so basically you didn't but it was no great time. But I did heat stuff up, all right. So that was about last night. When we come back, Yandy, get ready for this. Tell us a secret now, you have to. When listeners call in, they're gonna be anonymous. We cannot judge them, all right. They're gonna tell us secrets that a lot of times no one knows about it, or very few people, but they're going to share those secrets just to get it out in the atmosphere, get that burden off of their back of having this secret, all right, and they're gonna tell us.
Speaker 2: We're gonna not judge them. Judgment free zone today. It's a judgment free zone, all right.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred to ninety two fifty one fifty call us up, tell us a secret again. That's eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. Y'all know Yandy can keep a secret, so don't worry about it. Everybody's gonna be listening, but none of us are going to tell anyone eight ninety two fifty one fifty. Call us up, tell us a secret. It's way up.
Speaker 4: This is a judgment free zone. Tell us a secret.
Speaker 2: It's way up. With Angel Layee, my guest host, Yandy is here today. Hey, hey, hey, you know what I love? Yandy is like.
Speaker 3: I don't even got to say you're full, you know, because everybody knows who Yandy is.
Speaker 2: You're Yandy? Pretty? What other Yandy is there? There's no secret about that. Okay, that ain't the secret today? I like that. Well, listen to you, guys.
Speaker 3: This is Yandy's first time guest hosting, and she wants to hear your secrets. Now you know the rules, no judgment. Okay, they get to stay anonymous. Yep, eight hundred two nine fifty fifty anonymous, call that tell us your secret.
Speaker 6: Because of my height, when I use the restaurant at people's houses, I paying the sink instead of a toilet.
Speaker 2: What, okay, just because you're tall you do that?
Speaker 6: I mean it's the perfect height. You know what I'm saying. They go right down the street. I turned the water on and flush it.
Speaker 2: Wow, first of all, how tall are you?
Speaker 6: I'm six too.
Speaker 2: That ain't that tall. That ain't that tall? So you mean you you yourself up on the sink?
Speaker 3: Now, come on that you what do you do that secret?
Speaker 6: I'm telling you anything.
Speaker 2: Do you do that in your own house?
Speaker 4: Yes? I do?
Speaker 2: You liar, you do that in your own house too?
Speaker 6: Yes I do. My wife is.
Speaker 3: Wifey? You allow him to feet in your bathroom sink? What about when you go to like use a public restroom?
Speaker 6: I say anything, this is a bathroom like a closed and locked the door.
Speaker 2: This was like a fetish. Wow, this is just what you do. This is normal for you. Let me google this, so this is the same thing you brush your teeth with.
Speaker 6: I got a double sink in my bathroom.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie some now. I looked it up.
Speaker 3: It says why do some people pee in the sink? And uh somebody said that it's actually more sanitary.
Speaker 6: Hello, So yeah, now you want to switch it up?
Speaker 3: And then there in some cultures and subcultures, unconventional bathroom practices are that do you be in the swimming pool?
Speaker 2: Okay, now I gotta ask you this, where do you poop? And come on?
Speaker 7: All right, well thank.
Speaker 2: You for calling. Okay, well you have a great one.
Speaker 3: All right, All right, Wow, Hey it's me and Yandy.
Speaker 2: What's good? Hey girl? What's we are? Right? Were listening to you? Tell us what's going on?
Speaker 6: Oh? You know, basically, my sister married my ex, and I decided to come again when I got married.
Speaker 2: So now it's to get back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's that's when we get back.
Speaker 6: You ain't.
Speaker 4: Let's have fun.
Speaker 2: That's your sister. No about to know? Now when she married your ex, did you have a time with her?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What was the conversation he learning to have a conversation?
Speaker 6: Now have a conversation about me?
Speaker 3: And let me ask you this with your man? So how what was the difference of time? Like you messed with him first, right, and then she ended up marrying him? How long of an overlap was or was there an over lap?
Speaker 7: I won't, no, Overlaine, she just took my broke up with him, and I won't s So.
Speaker 2: What kind of relationship did you and your sister had before that?
Speaker 6: We got the same daddy, different moments, so it ain't no relationship.
Speaker 7: You know how that go?
Speaker 2: Oh so you and her weren't really close?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, and so now what are you going to continue to sleep with him or no, I'm done.
Speaker 7: It's been done. It's been done.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to get off my chest, my little secret.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all right, well she said she didn't care. She said it was just get back to me. Basically, she just played him in her mm hm.
Speaker 2: And now your sister knows yup.
Speaker 3: Hey, all right, well, thank you for calling and sharing with us. No judgment, Tlasia. If you want to call up, let us know how you feel.
Speaker 2: She's like, I hate it. I hate it first, and I ran that thing back. Let me stop co signing this. I'm like, say, y'all, thank Bible.
Speaker 3: Didn't feel like I was co signing when I said it, And she said, period, Listen, I was trying to stay judgment free, and I thought it was supposed to be anonymous.
Speaker 2: She said, names and everything. All right, Well it's tel Asia. How you doing.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we have your yee tea and let's talk about Beyonce. People thought she was gonna go on tour. They shut that down, but she does have something happening. Will tell you about this release. Its way up.
Speaker 4: You're about to blow the lead ab off this spot. Let's get it. Oh yeah, Angel is feeling that yee te come and get the tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's way up with Angela. Yee Happy Monday. Yandy's here with me. Hey, Hey, hey, which is we're having a fun day. We are, We're just laughing behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get into this yet.
Speaker 3: Beyonce, they're shooting down rumors about her doing a Cowboy Carter tour for now, but we feel like that's gonna happen at some point soon. But they did let people know the Cowboy Carter art book is now available for pre order on her site. So it's exclusive imagery that's inspired by Beyonce, and it's available now. You can place an order for the book for seventy four dollars.
Speaker 2: Good timing for.
Speaker 3: That because the holidays are coming up and for all the Beyonce fans, that is something that you're gonna want to get. Oh for sure, anything she touches, please, it goes diamond and platinum.
Speaker 2: So congrats to her. I'm sure this book is going.
Speaker 3: To do an amazing thing, and I hope that she goes on a Cowboy tour.
Speaker 2: She will.
Speaker 3: I mean, people are going to get dressed up because I see a lot of cowboy theme parties because of her happening right when I tell you my whole closet for that album was I went to about three different days and we had all silver. Everything had to told me and Skyler, so I get it. It not to be cowboys were about to be cowboys.
Speaker 2: This tum around.
Speaker 3: And by the way, she made the list of the one hundred best albums of twenty twenty four according to Rolling Stone. Cowboy Card was number two on that list. But we'll go through that list later for sure. All right, ELLL Cool Jay. He was on Apple Music's Lake Cold podcast and he talked about the things that he was the first to do. He was the original soldier boy, and he was basically letting people know that he is the most.
Speaker 2: Important rapper of all time. Here's that. Don't mess with me.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna say this would humbly, but I really mean this. I think one day people are gonna wake up and realize that ll Who Jay is the most important rapper that ever existed. When it comes to the jewelry, this is the guy who introduced all the diamond and the ice in the champagne. They're gonna say, when it comes to the love songs, this is the guy who introduces the love songs and all the love. When it comes to business, they're gonna say what, Like, I could go on and on and on and on and on.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then look, he was definitely listing all of his accolades.
Speaker 2: We were talking about this behind the scenes, D and D.
Speaker 3: I definitely think Ll is iconic to hip hop, iconic, and there's not a lot of people that I would call iconic right right, icon living, that's it. But he is the person the first artist to sign the Deaf Jam. He was one of the first solo artists to go global and hip hop, and he also had his endorsements with Kango remember the Fooboo situation.
Speaker 2: I do you know?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 3: He did do a lot of things super early and also acting. Yeah, he is definitely the triple threat. And I think that his contributions have been endless when it comes to hip hop and the way that he's been able to break down walls when it comes to these huge ambassadorship deals, even going into TV.
Speaker 2: He's done a lot of monumental things. So shout out to you l L.
Speaker 3: And you know, they were asking him about him possibly doing a movie about his career and he said, it's impossible based on everything that he's done, But you could also do a Pierod book. Yeah, he did put out a book before, by the way I read his book, he.
Speaker 2: Did, but that was a while.
Speaker 3: There's been so much and even with the book, people focus so much on the drug youth aspect of it. There was so much in that book and there's so much more that has happened since then.
Speaker 2: Book was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what he could do is a movie based on just that part of his life, right, because the earlier part of being like one of the first people, one of the first hip hop artists signed the Dead Jam going global, kind of like how Son Peppa did their movie or you know, just based on the early part of it that was the groundbreaking party. He better hurry up because Lifetime can't wait to pick it up, you know, they quick to spend a movie out. I can see like also BT would do like a three part three nights stories. All right, but that is your yet when we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're flying under the radar, but we want to make sure that you're quite aware of them.
Speaker 2: It's way up in.
Speaker 4: The news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the.
Speaker 3: Radar, all right, this way up at it into the yee I'm here, my girl, Yandy's here, guest hosting What's up?
Speaker 2: Linked out to.
Speaker 3: I like this, oh Angela, And can everybody please step sending me cyber Monday emails? Okay, all these companies because I cannot help but click on some of these things. It's ridiculous. Well you make sure you, guys click on Yell's Skincare. Let me do it right now. That is the one you need to click on. We have up to seventy percent off. This is a sponsored by Real Quick.
Speaker 2: Let me look.
Speaker 3: Let me go through this right now, y'all get care here all astual plant based skincare line.
Speaker 2: We got stuff for men.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at you over there across the hall from me. Ooh, all right, here's the cobe Cyber seven two four.
Speaker 2: I'm on it.
Speaker 3: I'm on it baby, all right, and now let's do some under the radar stories. Brain Rot has been named the Oxford War of the Year for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Now Websterys you know was demure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one is brain rot and that is the supposed deterioration of a person's mental or intellectual state, especially viewed as the result of overconsumption of material, particularly online content. My brain is riting as we sit here, for real, all this tea we dropping is certainly written my brain. Oh man, so, and I'm looking at all these other cyber Oh I need a knife set, Oh I need a podcast. This is a post. Oh yes, look here's some pots. See this is the problem. We're brain riting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: And President Biden has pardoned his son Hunter Biden. This has been a huge story. This was first reported by NBC News. He reportedly had said he would not use his authority to partner his son or to commute his sentence, but he has done that. On Sunday night, he said, I believe in the justice system, but as I've wrestled with this, I also believe raw politics has infected this process and it led to a miscarriage of justice. And once I made this decision this weekend, there was no sense in delaying it further. He was supposed to be sentenced on December twelfth for his conviction on a federal gun charge, and then sentence on December sixteenth, and a separate criminal case which he pleaded guilty to federal tax evasion charges in September.
Speaker 2: But now he has pardoned his son.
Speaker 3: And they're saying this is a very sweeping, extraordinary political act. He's insulated from ever facing federal charges over any crimes he possibly could have committed over the past decade. There's only one other person who's received the presidential pardon so sweeping in generations, and that was Nixon, who was given a blanket pardon by Gerald Ford in nineteen seventy four. Wow, listen, if you're going to pardon anyone, why not be your own.
Speaker 2: Flesh and bud.
Speaker 3: I also think that that property has done it for mine as well.
Speaker 2: I'm not even going front. I ain't even hold you ain't no probably you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I mean, listen, I feel like there's a few more people that need to be pardoned Marilyn Mosby. To be exact, there are a lot of people that I think that he can actually make something makes sense, that's purposeful.
Speaker 2: That's your son. But now also there's some people that need real pardons.
Speaker 3: And I will say, and Trump will not be able to undo the party when he takes office. But you know, they've been targeting Hunter Biden so much that I really feel like this was Joe Biden's way of protecting his son because they were going after him for anything. And so you know, Donald Trump's going to pardon himself on everything, and he's been getting everything, you know, delayed, thrown out, whatever. So I mean, I'm not mad at it. All right, Well, that is your under the radar and now you know, we got the way Yup mix at the top of the hour. Plus we have a special guest who's going to be joining us KELLN Callaway, who wrote Mister Santa, a Christmas Extravaganza.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so proud of her.
Speaker 3: She's a high school student, her first directorial and writing debut with her dad. Now you captat it and I'm a producer on it. We'll talk about it all right, you guys, keep it Lockedair's way up with Angelaee. Just like to talk like they Angeli Jean like they Angela Jean.
Speaker 4: Man, She's spilling it all. This is yeaky way off.
Speaker 3: It's way up with Angela Yee. I'm here with my co host for the day, Yandy.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, hey, I like having you here. This is good being. This is good on you. It feels like good girlfriend talk. All right, Well let's get into some yet.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, Gotti has been stabbed at Fulton County Jail annex and this happened yesterday. And so you know, he's on trial with the whole YL Court and they're trying to find out what's going to happen to him. But they did say he suffered minor injuries. He's expected to be in court today as that jerrors are continuing to deliberate his fate in this YL trial. Wow, this trial has taken us through all kind of emotions. Listen, up, down and around the corner. And some positive things happened for young thug too. So we did not expect that. I sure didn't the longest trial like in history.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, Mariah, the science is expected it right, she said, I'm done. Let me get this foot rubbed real quick, all right. And the Wicked movie broken all time Broadway adaptation record in eight days flat, So congratulations to them. They did shy away from advertising Wicked as a musical, but audiences did show up. Our girl, Chimo Sarrio went twice already, she sure did and says she's going up third time. Since I'm in New York. She wants me to go with her today. Actually she's like, let's go. I'll go again, No problem, all right? Kenjick Lamars GNX debuted at number one on Billboard two hundred.
Speaker 2: Are we surprised by that?
Speaker 3: At all three hundred and nineteen thousand equivalent album units sold in the United States and the week ending November twenty eighth, So congratulations, congrats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, excited about the super Bowl performance. I am, and I see that.
Speaker 3: There's all kinds of rumors that they might be talking to other people I cannot see because of this lawsuit with Drake, there's all kinds of rumors about that. I don't think that he's not going to be doing the super Bowl halftime show because of that. But you know where it is that Drake doesn't want him to perform not like Us. And with this lawsuit, by the way, it's had the reverse reaction because it's actually up the streaming for not like Us. Wow, this whole loss is saying, I see a lot of people having their own thoughts about it because he's not doing Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: He is suing a Universal Music Group. I mean, listen, I would be pissed too.
Speaker 3: If it was my label and it's a record about me, I would be like, nah, I'm good, yeah, and I guess the accusations, but it is a rap battle, so I mean that's they go low, you go beneath the belt.
Speaker 2: Well, listen. I heard Kendrick's album and it's actually that's amazing.
Speaker 3: It came out while I was on the air, like Surprise Albums up, and we were struggling to listen to it while.
Speaker 2: We were doing the show. But I want to say, Luther is my song.
Speaker 3: So I said that when I first heard the album, and I stick to that to this day.
Speaker 2: I love that song on the album. That's a good one, all right.
Speaker 3: And the NBA's ratings are down big right now. They said there's just too much awareness that an individual game really doesn't matter. So it's a month into the season. NBA ratings are down twenty eight percent on ESPN. The ratings for games on TNT a flat at one point eight million viewers per game, And they're trying to say there's a lot of different factors that come into play here. The NBA has too many regular season games and lacks continuity. According to analysts, players are changing teams more frequently, and teams are changing uniform designs more often, and that's confusing and it turns off some of the fans. I'm also, According to analysts, the NBA's social justice focus, starting with Black Lives Matter, made the league a target for conservative pundits and turned off right leaning viewers, and the league and its players have shown a pentant for not valuing the regular season enough. Coaches are resting star players for long stretches to save them for the playoffs, and that further hurts fan engagement. So wow, those are all the reasons. All right, Well that is your Yet when we come back, we have some of your friends joining us. Kellen Callaway. Yeah, she's a high school student who also wrote and directed Mister Santa, a Christmas Estravaganza. I cannot wait to sit and talk with her, which is a movie that you also are one of the producers of, and you're also on the soundtrack and.
Speaker 2: We'll be playing that too. Hey, all right, his way.
Speaker 4: Up, Yeah, turn me up here.
Speaker 2: We grew up there.
Speaker 4: This is way up with Angela?
Speaker 2: Ye, what's up? His way up with Angela? Yee. I'm here with my girl Yandy. Hey, hey, hey, and we have a special guest joining us. Kellen Callaway is here. Hey, Kellen.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: Now this is important because you and Yandy have worked on something together, the movie Mister Santa, a Christmas Extravaganza, which, by the way, I did watch last night.
Speaker 2: So congratulations on that. You're still a.
Speaker 3: High school student, yes, junior, and already a screenwriter.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So tell me how this happened, because I know you and your dad worked on this together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So at the beginning, it was kind of my dad's idea, and then once he finished the script, he had me read over the whole thing, and I was like, there are parts of it that I wanted to add too, So I helped him with that, and then I ended up like adding things to it throughout the whole thing.
Speaker 3: And he would need your help because you are a high school student and this does take place in high school.
Speaker 11: Yeah. When he was writing some dialogue, I was like, oh, nobody would ever say that.
Speaker 2: Her dad and I went to high school together. So I love these connections.
Speaker 3: It's so nice to work with people who you've known for such a long time. And so what do you think about Yandy singing? Kellen, let's talk about that, because you always want to talk about stuff I don't want to talk about you had doing a Christmas song though, I.
Speaker 11: Was really excited about it. I was really surprised when I heard that she was going to be on the soundtrack, and really excited because I'd never heard you sing. I know, my dad said he heard you singing and that you were really good, and I thought it was really good.
Speaker 2: Also, thank you. It's impressive.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's hard to get out of your own comfort zone, and it feels like for both of you, you kind of did that for this project, you know, Kellen, for you coming in as a screenwriter, because you are a screenwriter as well now, and that wasn't something that you were all the way comfortable with at first, right.
Speaker 11: I had always been around my dad when he does projects, so I've seen hymn screenwriting.
Speaker 2: And also I did write a.
Speaker 11: Book when I was younger, which we turned into a short film.
Speaker 2: Run Away Princess, Yes Princess.
Speaker 11: So I did have a little bit of experience, but not since I was five or six or whatever that was. So it was really enjoyable for me to get back into that, and I think that might be something I'm interested in going back into. Maybe I could write a few scripts, maybe even some stories.
Speaker 2: I love that I could just write a few scripts.
Speaker 3: I'm not think our job is as parents, right. We can provide a platform, we can provide the knowledge and the resource that make it happen, and just really plant the seed.
Speaker 2: So you are the manifestation.
Speaker 3: You are the harvest of the seed that your dad has planted in so many My actual first acting role was a movie that a film that Noel and I produced a long time ago. It was called Lifeless Soul and it was great and we kept our partnership going. So when he called me like, I got this movie. I want you to come on forard as a producer, I'm like, of course, say less. Then he's like, but this is something different. I want you on the soundtrack. I was like, okay, I can get in a studio with the artist. I can help produce that album.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no, I want you singing on the album.
Speaker 3: I was like, WHOA, You're going way too far with this thing. You know, well, I don't know about that, but I'm excited that I took the challenge you too have a singing voice, like when you talk Rick, don't you have that Rascal Mariah voice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the first time I've ever heard that. But I will take you.
Speaker 3: And I asked Yanny too. I was like, so, are you gonna be on the Love and Hip Hop album? And she said no, Well listen, we're gonna talk more than Yandy when we come back. But Kellen, before you leave, can you tell us, just for people who are listening who might want to watch Missus Santa a Christmas Exuabaganza, just give us a quick summary and how people can watch the movie.
Speaker 11: Yes, okay, So mister Santah follows a group of kids. They have to put on their own play and there's a substitution that comes in and they think that it might be Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Tell us who that substitute teacher is in real life? That is Jeffrey Owen. Yeah, y'all know Jeffrey Owen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The movie comes out this Friday in theater, so go see that.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much. We appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 3: Kelly Callaway and her dad Noel, who's here as well.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you. Yandy you're not off the hook though.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, so you stay seated because you're co hosting, but we're also talking to you.
Speaker 2: It's way up, y yee. But you all been waiting for.
Speaker 4: You're tapped in a way up with Angela yee. What's up?
Speaker 3: Its way up with Angela yee. I'm here, my girl, Yandy Smith Harris is here. We in a building now. You know, we've been talking all about the movie that you produced, Mister Santa A Christmas six Javaganza. We also talked about the Christmas song we did that you are performing for the movie premiere?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in two days.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. How are you feeling? Just you mentioning it?
Speaker 3: I got bubble guts all over again. Every time someone talks about it. I get so nervous. It's like that nervous where you feel sick. Right, that's what's happening. Let me ask you this though. Don't you feel like it's fun to challenge yourself? Sometimes it is, but you know, when it comes to like vocal things, you never know what can happen in the studio. So I can that that can be pre controlled, but actually on stage for a live performance, I'm like, please, let's sound come out. Please let my voice not crack. You see these horror stories, you know, if someone's singing live and they're like, oh, let me start all over like gnosis, you're live, They'll starting home and there's no starting over.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: These people have had years of practice and things happen with them, and you know how the internet is.
Speaker 2: They love to love to hate you. So I'm like, oh my gosh, god, please.
Speaker 3: So I've been rehearsing and just trying to get it together, but I am so nervous. I felt good about that though, because I think, you know, the first thing I would say is when I see people perform connecting with the audience, they all know this is they know you.
Speaker 2: They're familiar with you. They know you as an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: They know you from being on TV on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta this season. You know you've been on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. They know all of those things. They know you from your skincare, they know you from your restaurant what's it called crance and crape dancing crape, so all of these different Then they know you as a mom, you know as well, and now the says something different, a different space that you're moving into. I think the honesty and transparency of being nervous and being like, you know this, y'all give me some grace because this is not my world now. Y'all know y'all love to say, oh, you know, Yandy love a check.
Speaker 2: She does.
Speaker 3: And honestly, when this came about, it was it was a really nice amount of money. So I was like, in the beginning, I'm like, oh, yeah, what get on the soundtrack?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 3: Had I known in the beginning that there was a live performance attached with this, I think I might have turned down there. You didn't read the whole contract okay, And my manager did that on purpose, not telling.
Speaker 2: Me all of the things.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, oh my gosh, I have to keep my word. I signed on the dot of line.
Speaker 2: I got it. I have to do it.
Speaker 3: I have to follow through. So you know, my family's excited. You know, the kids have been excited. My husband's excited. So I have to do this, even if it's for them. But I'm just praying that I do it right, and you do. He thinks I do, And I'm like, why don't you get up there with me. He's YEADI, Why are you nervous? You could just do it, just go hey, do you know that He's like when you get up there with angel you should give them a snippet just singers.
Speaker 2: I said, what you trying to?
Speaker 9: No, let me get on, No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 2: Let me find out buddy and Clyent here, please stop it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Look when we come back, because we didn't even talk about love and hip hop Atlanta, I want to make sure we talk about it because YA definitely has some things going on.
Speaker 2: We always got things going on, and.
Speaker 3: We want to clarify because we're getting ready for the new season and all of that, so we want to know what's happening, and I want you to address some of the Yande men DC goings on for this last season. All right, it's way up.
Speaker 4: This is way up with Angela. Let's go. You are a media maven, right, you never know what AND's gonna say?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: As way up at Angela? Yee, I'm here, Yandy Smith, Harris is here with me. We are in the building full name to talk about love and hip hop Atlanta. We got to discuss this because you guys went viral a few different times for seeings, and one of them was when you guys were outside of the performance where Spice had the whole album launch party for the album and the woman on the show, Oh my gosh, why am I forgetting her name?
Speaker 2: The same one that oh Jasmine?
Speaker 3: Okay, Jasmine, she's the one that has a baby with Kirk and Rashida.
Speaker 2: We've seen that whole thing play out.
Speaker 3: He finally admitted, you know, to whatever went on between the two of them. But then she tried to come at you and Man d C and say that Man DC comes to the bar where she works and her friend's bar as well, and I'm not sure what she was trying to say. What happened, Man DC was like, I went in order to drink. I wasn't trying to talk to nobody, right, So did that catch you off guard? Because sometimes people think that these things are pre planned and you're in on it.
Speaker 2: So it completely caught me off guard.
Speaker 3: I hated the way they edited that scene because first of all, you can't walk up to me and my husband and say anything without me being.
Speaker 2: Like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Of course I knew who she was because a couple weeks prior to that, I sat at a bachelorette party. She was there and she wanted to drop some tea and I was like, listen, I don't want to hear no tea about my friends. I said, if you want to talk about somebody's husband, let me get her on the phone, and you could talk to my friend about her husband. But I'm not gonna be the bone carrier waiting to tell her, you know, in my next scene, I'm not doing any of that. Don't talk to me about none of my friends. So we had an interaction that wasn't so pleasant when Carlie Redd introduced us, and I was just like, I'm not here for the drama. So my attitude was very stand offish in the beginning. So when she saw me that next time at the concert, it was like, oh, the Rashida cult leader. That's not a slight to me. That's my friend, and I'm gonna stand for my friends. So I'm like, what's up? And then it was very oh yeah, men, DC you know me, And I'm like, because now they said it was, it was, it was real like, and I said, well, well, what's up. I'm looking at I'm like looking at him looking at like, Okay, he knows you from where what happened? And she's like, oh, because you be at my bar. So now I'm like, we both be at bars, but what's what's up? What's wrong with him being at a bar? And I'm waiting for and see, the thing is with new people that come on our show, they always look for that aha moment.
Speaker 2: So that could be a cast member. So I in my head, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be her because behind the scenes, I know what's about to say something crazy. And all I'm telling myself is, Yandy, no matter what she say, You're gonna deal with this at home.
Speaker 2: But does she get disrespectful?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, so, I'm bracing myself, like so, so what I said to her, I was like, so you know him from the bar?
Speaker 2: What happened at your bar? Did he touch her?
Speaker 11: He?
Speaker 2: Did he smack some? Did he what happened?
Speaker 3: And then when she answered me, it was kind of like and he's like, I don't even remember you.
Speaker 2: He's like, Yandy, I don't even I hit.
Speaker 3: The ball, Like I don't even know what he was like, huh. So when she said, you know, they cut me talking, they cut it out like I just stood there like a mute but whatever. When she said, oh, well I know him because he ordered a drink, everything in me I think I did bust out laughing, but they didn't. You don't see that either, because I'm like, when you go to bars, most people order. So I'm like, yo, I said, who prepped her?
Speaker 2: Like what, dude? Was a press because y'all if anything like what people do.
Speaker 3: All the time on these shows for that aha moment, they'll sit there and say a lot. Oh, he was fondling me, he was touching my breast. He was doing this because then I would have to deal with some real life stuff, you know, in the middle of that concert hall and then in front of the world when she said he ordered a drink, Yeah, that did it. I don't understand what it was, like, who believe it? I'm out of here, because that could have been that friendly interaction where it was like, hey, oh, yeah, I've met you at the barber before you ordered to drink.
Speaker 2: You probably don't remember me.
Speaker 3: Period, and that that's the way it was. Like DoD I'm like, what is she gonna say? And when we were walking out, he's like, man, we're done. He was like, honestly, I never even been to that. He's like, I don't even remember. He was like, it looks like she's just looking for something to say. He was like, he was like, I know that that's Kirk's baby mother. So if I was there, I would have at least remembered, Oh, that was Kirk's baby mother that served me that drink. He like, so, I'm sure this was a moment just to be on the show, to have something to.
Speaker 2: Say and then used it.
Speaker 3: And when you come to the moment, yeah, you see the next thing because we walked out ready to go, took off oure. Mike's thinking it was over, but they're like, nah, we didn't make a moment. So here they come running outside and I'm like, oh, you want a moment. So I said, all right, let's play. All right, Yandy Smith Harris is here with me, and we're gonna talk more about loving hipoppet Land And when we come back, it's way up at Angela Yee, turn me up.
Speaker 4: We go up. This is way up with Angela yee.
Speaker 2: What's up? His way up with Angela yee. I'm here.
Speaker 3: Yandy Smith Harris has been guest hosting but of course, you know, I have to put her in the hot seat. I want to say though, on the show, I do love the fact that, you know, for the sake of little Man DC, you've managed to come together with Mendyc's ex. Yeah, And I think those things that moments like that are important because those are real moments where there's tension, but then you guys, for the sake of the bigger picture for sure, which is family, you guys managed to come together. And I love that the show was able to capture that because on real life and TV they saw us go through some really tough moments, right with me DC not being there, us trying to co parent and raise these children are brothers and sisters and trying to be a blended family. It's not easy. It's not easy for most people. But even to sit down again and be like, you know what, we got to make this right in front of the world, with public opinion, with judgment.
Speaker 2: It is hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because things like that can help spark other people that may be going through it because those are not easy to situation.
Speaker 2: Its not being in.
Speaker 3: Situations, and you know, it was so important for Big Mean DZ to make sure we were all on the same page. And even though I was like, I just want to be in our little world, and I was like, you know what, he's right, and we came to the table and now you know, Samantha and I, you know, we talk all the time. We were tag team and getting in DC ready for college. So now it's a great relationship. It's not even okay, it's a great relationship.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So seeing things like that, I'm happy to see, you know, even seeing like when you opened your restaurant. That's a big deal to see on the show, and restaurants are on this show. I've birthed not only children, I've also birthed businesses like they see me start Yell Skincare, right and probably Yell Skincare is a company that's grossing over fifteen million a year. Like it's doing a lot of different things thanks to the show, right, Like that was my whole purpose in being a person that helped create this show. We wanted to give women a platform where they can have these businesses. They were the pillar behind these men and hip hop, but we also wanted to give them a voice for their business to spot like what they have going on. So a lot of y'all when y'all come on the show. This is a message for everyone that's watching. When you get on this show, figure out what is my end goal on all of this. Do I want to be known as the homewrecord, Do I want to be known as the girl that came in just to wreck stuff up and turn things upside down? Or do I want to be known as a business woman? And I know it's not easy to have your relationship focused on television like that, because then there'll be all these rumors scrolling around, Like y'all squash those rumors, like we are together, we are and then we are, But of course, like any other couple, we go through things, and you guys were able to see us go through things several times. But you know, the public opinion, the noise, the judgment, we have to mute those and when we come home it has to be about us, our family and our kids, so we don't necessarily read the comments. We see it go up and we're like, oh lord, we're on a block again.
Speaker 2: Cause let me tell you said that about man DC.
Speaker 3: Just he will say something, and what I realized is that sometimes he doesn't understand, like when he says things that people will take that and run with it and make it into something, you know, so much bigger than a moment.
Speaker 2: Just besides me. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: He just put up something on his YouTube page and it's all about that. It's like, I might not say things the right way. Sometimes I might not mean the things.
Speaker 2: Y'all take it wrong.
Speaker 3: So go to the YouTube is Harris's Family TV, and you'll be able to see him just talking exactly about that again.
Speaker 2: And that was the thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I never stopped well both of you together, I mean hearing he was mad at me, and he was like, I'm gonna teach you a lesson until you respect me, I'm gonna show you. And I was like, all right, But he didn't know that was gonna have the votures coming on. You got this person saying this on live, this vlogger saying this. So he's like, oh, shoot, where am I ring at again? Quick fast and in a hurry, lesson learned for me? Like he thought it was gonna be me learning a lesson. He learned a lesson. Right, we have issues, but my issues have never been other women.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm perfect in any way, nor is he and we have a lot of things that we deal with, but when it comes to this TV show, they will go for the most salacious story, and a rumor alive will travel so much faster than the truth. So it's like, oh, they're going through things.
Speaker 2: Let's run with the fact that he must be cheating, right or you or me? Yeah, you know, stay tuned Season B loving her.
Speaker 3: Oh you heard it, We're gonna see it.
Speaker 2: But y'are good man. DC is around. I think he's downstairs or yeah, he's right down there.
Speaker 3: Wait, just so you guys know, But Yandy, I appreciate you so much for coming on here and always being transparent.
Speaker 2: Well again, when we come back, we have the last word.
Speaker 4: It got the phone taping to get your voice heard. What the word is? Is the last word? On Way Up with Angela Yee? What's up?
Speaker 2: His Way Up with Angela Yee?
Speaker 3: And what a fun Monday this was Yeady Smith Harris was in the building.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've been having a good old time.
Speaker 3: And I want to say congratulations to you just seeing like all the things that you've been doing, all the.
Speaker 2: Multi hyphen it things you have going on.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm trying to make a dot out of fifteen cents, and you know the impact while doing it.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're gonna make a million dollars out of fifteen cents. Yes, okay, I love it. Millions. We love that.
Speaker 3: But again, it is a CyberMind. So make sure you get some yell skincare for yourself and for a friend. There's people in this room right now who are talking about how much they need them haircare, you know, to grow your hair, nails, all of that.
Speaker 2: So no shame.
Speaker 3: And also, mister Santa a Christmas Exjavaganza. That movie is out December sixth, absolutely premiere in Atlanta on December fourth, and we're giving away some tickets on the show, so make sure you dm Angela. Ye, I got you with those tickets. Schaut out to Kelln Callaway who joined us. She is a junior in high school and she wrote and directed on this movie too.
Speaker 2: Yep, for sure.
Speaker 3: Again, thank you guys for listening, for calling us up. You know this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 7: So Chuck from Detroit, I'm bunching, stupid, moved and my love Piker I just hit the lottery of the day for three hundred thousand and me and my family's about to fall out this Christmas. I love y'all.
Speaker 4: One going way out with Angela yee