Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 3: He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff Where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: Wednesday, Hot Day, looking live at Tostitas Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star and Frisco where I forgot.
Speaker 5: To look it up again.
Speaker 4: But it is warm, and there's not a lot of wind or a lot of cloud covers.
Speaker 5: So and it's a little humid.
Speaker 4: So it is warm hot, not like it is an OX starred. I will let Jesse roll with this and then we'll welcome our against.
Speaker 6: All right, we have a full show today.
Speaker 7: Nate is an OX start. He is Kurt Daniels. We got the captain back in the captain seats. Shannon Gross, I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the boys, the sports talk equipment, the Brow people.
Speaker 6: We got Jazzy in the back too, and we speak brought.
Speaker 5: To each and every day by Wingstop Where Flavor gets it.
Speaker 7: We before we get into the show, yes, before we get into this Wednesday. You know, Wednesday's therapy day.
Speaker 6: So I got it. I haven't done it, Chuck in a while.
Speaker 7: I haven't how the mentals and the dentals, Kurt.
Speaker 8: Well, I went to the dentist, you know, Okay, you gotta get.
Speaker 5: Very familiar.
Speaker 8: Everything is good.
Speaker 6: Dentals are good, Shannon, Mentals and dentals.
Speaker 5: Dentals are really good. Went a week and a half, two weeks, a couple of weeks ago. Good there, mentally sound. I'm in good shake man Nate.
Speaker 6: Mentals and dentals.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Gentles, all right, yeah did.
Speaker 5: You say, Gentles?
Speaker 6: Okay, Jazz you in the back. Mentals and dentals good, very great, good cool. Mentals are good. How are you here?
Speaker 7: Mental is a good over here. Dentals not so much. I gotta go get a wisdom teeth pool wisdom.
Speaker 9: Don't do that. Don't do that. Just last dude, I know you had some wisdom tooth po they lost it all. They crazy, so you.
Speaker 6: Said, Charles Haley.
Speaker 7: So but yeah, so I gotta I gotta, I gotta figure out like the proper timing. I think I'm gonna do that week right after the last preseason game because it gives me a couple of men before I have to kind of get into the series.
Speaker 6: I'm not talking.
Speaker 7: So because it's it's chipped and so they're gonna probably have to cut the gum get it. So I'm waiting till that moment in time because I'm gonna need a probably a day or two yeah to talk.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I'm gonna try.
Speaker 7: To get a Friday appointment so that way I could do Friday appointment Saturday Sunday and then hopefully be back fully functioned.
Speaker 4: Let me know how that goes, because I got I have a cavity online on the lower but it's mine's so jammed up.
Speaker 5: My wisdom tooth is so jammed up.
Speaker 4: They were like, we can't get to it to fill it, so just wait until it bothers you and.
Speaker 5: Then we'll just pull it out. We'll just take it out.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, Okay, Well, hopefully it bothers me after the first of the year when I get some it fits back on my insurance because if not, that's probably like a couple of grand to get that joker pulled out.
Speaker 6: So all right, we're good.
Speaker 4: Glad y'all are good. Good, So Nate, give us an update? Man, what what's going on? Like it's I fell out of the loop. I need I need you to tell me what are the what are the hot stories today?
Speaker 9: Uh? Look you see Tyler guy put two nice days back to back. He had a good day yes A lot of people trying to say great. I say, had a good day yesterday. And to see, one thing has been very consistent is our linebackers and and DB's I've been just robbing our quarterbacks. Our quarterbacks, whether it's Dad, Cooper the other guy, they've been getting the interceptions have just been coming in and two's and it ain't coming one here one day's two here, two there. I mean back to back. People are showing our young Jan helped me with that name, yan Way one way one. Thomas, well he picked one off some nice yesterday. It's just set the whole training camp off. That is a good thing to see. Now. One thing when they first opened up the team inside run, well, we had a number fifty nine Margarets and a linebacker come down. Young got thumping up in there. So we noticed real quick that we have true linebackers in there. Now people fill in the gap, bringing the heat to the to the guards and centers. It's just a great thing. Marzi is beached up, he's getting quicker off of the snash, but he's still sometime letting one guy block him. And we can never have that, never have one guy blocking Marzia. That always has to be two linebackers can be affected. The wide receivers are doing okay, but they need to get a little better connection with their quarterbacks, or the quarterbacks need to be a little bit more shoppered with their anticipation with their throws. But one thing is being consistent with this camp. In this early camp, these guys are moving quickly. Guys seem to know what they're doing. The center position. Hoffman ain't gonna give it up easy, fellas. He's battling in there pretty hard.
Speaker 5: I did a terrible job.
Speaker 9: He got his work cut out.
Speaker 4: I did a terrible job of setting that up first day practice with yesterday.
Speaker 5: So after you got about half that, I should have said.
Speaker 6: Hello, Churs before you go. I do want to. I want to.
Speaker 7: I want Nate to go back and address another because I think this is I mean, our show is one of the shows that we're extremely afforded the luxury to have a guy who's been a six time Pro Bowler, three time Super Bowl champion to speak about. Offensive line, to me, is the most difficult position to talk about because I don't care who you are, how much you've been in the game, how much film you watch and study. If you ain't in them trenches, you don't really know what go down in them trenches. Like offensive lineman, it's one of the hardest positions to actually judge and watch to talk about. So, Nate, I want to just I want to go back to the Tyler Guidon situation. Okay, all right, so we're good. We're on the same page, me and Kurts on the same page. I just want you one to Tyler guy in the rookie left tackle the Cowboys dropped out of Oklahoma this year. You know, people talk about his size right six foot seven, three hundred and twenty five pounds, but what has been praised a lot is just his nimbleness, his dancing bare feet. Can you go into a little bit more when you're talking about that left tackle position. What are some of the positive attributes that you want a left tackle like that to have?
Speaker 9: The number one thing is you want him to have to shoot and hips combine and the ability to bend his knees. Uh, it's kind of one thing, but it's three different parts. You know, quick feet, the ability to bend his knees, and to bend his hills after he's able to bend his knees. Because the change of direction, that is, that is the key. A guy can take you upfield, upfield, upfield, dip the shoulder, twist the hips, you know, batch your hands down and all of a sudden he'll lock you into that up to fiel up the field. Then he'll spend back inside and catch you with his inside on and launch yourself into the quarterback. This kid has shown that against Parsons, against a few other guys demark Laws, that he can adjust to falling back inside with some viciousness and close off that inside rush when they try to spend back inside. That is what's been amazing everybody. And how he can get off the snap count, even though Parsons times is just right. Sometimes he can get off the snap count and still getting in on this guy and running him around the quarterback. So that is what he's been doing to amaze a lot of people, and he's been doing it without that perfect technique that I'm seeking. I need that technique to get involved with those good feet. I need him not to lean, not to get over zealous and get too aggressive, because you were if you were game planning, and that's some of the things they would look for. But this is early in camp. He is trying to adjust to the speed of what he's seeing now, so you put up with these little inefficiencies. But I think this kid, he continues to work. We don't know how where he can go because we won't know until we go one hundred miles an hour. Right now, they run about fifty sixty miles an hour, but you know, pre season'll round about sixty seventy miles an hour, and then when the season start, it's one hundred and ten out there on the on the freeway. So we'll see he's getting better. Uh, And I know coach Hlaarry is pushing that technique, pushing that technique, pushing that technique.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I was wanting to know, because you had said he was good. Well most of us seem to be hearing he's great, so good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but these guys are telling you he is great. You know they they good at Matt. They played Matt. Yeah, they played Matt and they take n C two I two whatever. They call k Y eight thousand whatever his name.
Speaker 5: Is Kisehole conversation.
Speaker 6: For this yeah the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, to stay on the Tyler Guidon conversation with evaluating tackles and a lot of times offensive linemen in general, you hear about arm.
Speaker 6: Length, armless, armless, armless, and you know, a tackle to have the long arms, the long arms.
Speaker 7: What what give the people a a a more dumbed down version of the importance of your tackles and your interior offensive lineman being able to have long arms, and what does that mean in a positive way for them?
Speaker 9: When you have long arms, the quickly you can get your hands on a defensive end, Uh, the quicker you can make him change directions. What you try to do is just like in basketball. Uh, what you when you got and you lose? Luca, Luca. What I want to do with Luca is I want to get him at the top of the key in the back court, you know, in the front court. I want to get him when he receives the ball inbount I want to catch him right at the top of the key. I want to make him go side to side, side to side well with a tackle. If you got long arms, what you're trying to do with that devins of men is make him, make him take a stutter step, make him change direction, because every time they change the record, that's the split second. More. You have to protect your quarterback. So that's what long arms do. But if you got short arms and a guy can get into your chest or get into it, make you bend your elbows. Now the power rushes come into effect. Now the spins come into the especially the spin with the hook with the elbow. So but if you got long arms, you can just keep that guy at bay. And if he spins, you just use your hands to pit upad it and he when he turned around you still facing him instead of him hooking you. Long arms is the key to all of this. Especially if you have nimble feet, a guy can never get up on you. And with a left tackle, you don't have to be the most physical guy. It helps when you got somebody like that at the forty nine ers at b step with the forty nine ers got to help us when they're physical. But you do not I've seen guys pray forever in this league. They were not the most physical guys, but they can read direct guys with them long arms and nice feet.
Speaker 8: So what what are you saying from the other rookie, Cooper Bee one?
Speaker 9: Uh? Cooper bb Uh. He's got those short arms, which I don't think hurts as much on the inside. But but if you don't be a a perfectionist with your technique. Now, he's heavier than Hoffman and I'm a little more sturdier built in the bottom. But Toffling right now is beating him with technique. And I'm talking about for us, the competition's beating with technique and just knowing what they're doing being a little more comfortable. Bb is still got to perfect his long snaps or his short snaps to the quarterback. He has to get comfortable with that, and I think they just making sure that he can do this right here. So every time they give him a snap, it's a learning session for him. Because even though you're not going against the first team, these guys are better than what you faced in college. You just ain't gonna be tossing these guys out of the out of the out of the off the dance floor is easy. You do the guys and cotage. So he's still learning. It's a it's a battle there. He's looking okay. All the young guys are looking okay. But yesterday they went past rush one versus one, two versus two, and I hate that because you never get a chance to see, uh these better pass rushes. Maybe they'll do it a little a little different. Number sixty two Nathan Thomas. He looked okay at times. Earl Bostik looked okay to tackle at times, look okay. Bash was a little out of coordination. He wasn't believing his eyes. He was short setting a guy. And what I mean by that he was going forward as a guy real quick during the past that and giving up the inside when he ain't had to really move it all. I didn't do it just jamming because he was so close to him. But you know, the guys got to get their eyes and hand and foot coordination all working, and that'll happen more as camp going.
Speaker 6: To me, Doga.
Speaker 7: He left the practice field yesterday with a parent something. I mean, that's why we got a little bit more of that action between Tyler Guidon and Michael Parsons and others. Is there anything that you've seen with Touma? Is there a battle there at left tackle?
Speaker 6: You know, and the extent of of what his injury might have been.
Speaker 9: Uh, they they they what they do Jesse is depending on the drill the team one time a doga start, then guiding a start and then but they quickly rotate one another. But Guiden is a journeyman. I mean excoose Medga is a journeyman. That's all he is. That's all he'll ever be. Uh, He's He's a guy that I'll played thirty five snaps and come up hurt. Like he walked out of practice yesterday. I don't know what the injury was. But that's the doga. That's it. That's him during the season. Remember last year the training camp, he missed all of training camp. I mean, but he was there for some of the games. He'll come in, he'll do a nice job. You're filling guy. I mean we need to get into filling Shanns teeth in the back. Back there. He'll be just fit fine back there and everything will be okay.
Speaker 6: That's what we needed. A doga in Shannon's mouth. That's fill it up.
Speaker 10: Up.
Speaker 5: We gotta take our first break. Nate, you hanging on with us?
Speaker 9: Yes, I hang on another segment. Thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, We'll go to be back with Nate Newton live from training camp.
Speaker 5: We have more questions.
Speaker 4: I want to know what the quarterback situation is looking like, both on and off the field.
Speaker 5: That and more when we come back on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 11: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with hand cut seasoned fries, house made honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Winstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried cool.
Speaker 6: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 11: Get your flavor delivered at Winstop dot com.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot Com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: And they snapped the press guy who looks white. It's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by million around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Lay Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo ki Hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 6: Back to Hanging with the Boards.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment, I Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Jesse, Holly Shannons, Kurt Daniels in studio, Nate Newton live from OXNAR training camp in California, and this segments brought to you each and every day.
Speaker 5: By blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: All right, Nate, more insight. Since you're out there on site, Jesse, what are you heading out?
Speaker 6: Oh, let me tell you right now.
Speaker 4: Good Jesse will check on that he's going to be out there. Uh, at the same time Nate will be so Me and Kurt will be in Stude.
Speaker 5: That'll be an interesting show. Let's figure out how to do that. We'll figure out. Maybe we'll just let you guys have it at camp. I don't know. I need my ten.
Speaker 4: Bucks Agust tenth, August the tenths for how long?
Speaker 5: Three days? So you get one or two shows depending on how it falls. Huh yeah, okay, good deal?
Speaker 4: All right, Nate, the world wants to know that what are you hearing on contract talks? I've heard, we've heard it here in Dallas that they're they've been throwing offers back and forth with CD and talks are cordial. Uh, we haven't heard much on the Dack front field. Me in on what you're hearing on the contract talks. I know you're probably gonna say, is what it is? You don't really get into that talk.
Speaker 5: No, No, you tell me what you're seeing on the field.
Speaker 4: I want to know what's going on at the at the QB position and who's getting the.
Speaker 9: Backup reps about my field? Is this here? Is they get more play with CD? You know, CD responded Sunday night. You know they they threw it off the Saturday Friday Saturday CD people responded back, Uh, CD won in, he won in. You know you want to keep the zing over. Nothing not the same. But Dak, they responded to Dak, And Dak then hasn't responded back. Mister Jones, Stephen Jones haven't said that he's responded back.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: I think when when Dak have said this twice, he don't know what his future is here with the Cowboys is somewhere he said that twice, and he and he and he hasn't stopped practicing. Well, he's still leading his troops out there every day. But I think his mindset is I'm gonna be the best quarterback I can be in this training camp going into the season, hoping he gonna better on the self fellas. I think that's what he's gonna do, because I think Dak instead fast, he won't he wants it all, you know. And I'm not saying Cee don't want it all. I'm not saying Parsons don't want it all. But you know, we're not getting the response back from Dak like we have over the years. Fast. He's not responding back. So but he's out there doing his thing. And and those other quarterbacks, Uh, Dak may throw one interception and other quarterbacks are throwing multiple interceptioning, so they ain't. It ain't like they you know, it ain't like they're in the subplant. This guy, I mean, Cooper Rush is Cooper Rush and Trey Lances yet the step past Cooper Rush in my eyes, like y'all, I'm not a quarterback goog which it's just come out just to give y'all a better opinion on these quarterbacks than I can.
Speaker 8: But I like sounds like Lance has been disappointing so far.
Speaker 9: You have you haven't heard anything, Kurt. I mean, uh, no one is bringing it up, No one is, you know, I mean, y'all know how it is. People are so hungry for a story to you know, they'll blow up guys and make it bigger than what it is. And then once we once the pre season started to be like, man, I thought this guy was balling. Yeah, he was balling in the eyesight of these people that need a story.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, you know what you know what pisses me off?
Speaker 7: What just and we all know if you follow this show for any amount of time, my thoughts and my feelings on Dak Prescott as a quarterback, as a leader, whatever have you. But what pisses me off because I am one hundred percent always going to be on the side of the player when.
Speaker 6: It comes to gain money. And maybe i'm at fact.
Speaker 7: Because you listen to some of these fans and whether it's social media, whether it's calling or texts or whatever it is. And everyone has the right to an opinion. Doesn't mean your opinion is right. You have the right to it doesn't mean it's right. But what pisches me off is when people are like, oh, he shouldn't get this, and he shouldn't get that because of this and this and that and.
Speaker 6: This is my camera, right jas.
Speaker 7: I'm willing to I'm willing to bet money that when your little annual bonus time, your little bonus time comes around and and and the companies like, hey, we're giving we're giving out dollar twenty five bonuses, we're giving out dollar fifty bonuses per hour, We're giving out this and this and this and that, and you didn't get your bonus, that you didn't get your pay amount according to the work production that you think you deserve, and that the money that you're talking about you deserve, because this is what the market is for your position. Go somewhere, you have a fit, you have a conniption, you would have an aneurysm. If somehow, somewhere you looked around the office in your particular field and you said, boy Suzanne got a two dollar raise, Boy Bob got a two dollars twenty five cent raise, boy Margaret got a three dollar raise.
Speaker 6: Where the hell is my raise?
Speaker 7: I'm on par to doing the same thing that those other people do, but I don't get a.
Speaker 6: Raise of market value. I don't get my boneses like everyone else. You have a fit.
Speaker 7: But then you get on these social media sites and you get on these different blogs, and all of a sudden youre talking about, Oh, he shouldn't get this and he shouldn't get that. Listen, ladies and gentlemen, this is the business. Whether you got only one person in a year gets a chance to win the Super Bowl, and I get it. Most of you are going to say, and I say the same thing. We want to see more production in the playoffs, but we're talking about business. Very few quarterbacks have the regular season record of Dak Prescott, numbers of Dak Prescott, the consistency of Dak Prescott. So when it comes around this whole thing about oh we should take less and do this and this and this and that, know the hell he shouldn't because you wouldn't, because you would not if you heard that Martha and Barbara and Bob got a raise to market value and you didn't.
Speaker 6: You'll be going to see HR.
Speaker 7: You'll be going to see one of the companies now because you because you have been discriminated on.
Speaker 6: So stop you, guys. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of it.
Speaker 7: You have to understand, this is the business, and sometimes it's not all predicated upon how many playoff games you want. And no one more than me wants Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys to win more playoff games. But the business is the business, and that's just what it is. And right now he has set himself up to be in the business of being one of the highest paid quarterbacks in NFL history. Now that may only last for a year. That may only last for six months, because the next person in line will get above market value or at market value.
Speaker 6: So please y'all stop it.
Speaker 7: Stop texting me, stop tweeting me. I don't want to hear it anymore. If you're not taking the same approach down at the warehouse or at your cubicle or wherever you're working at, if you're not taking the same approach when it comes to contract time, if you're not taking the same approach when it comes to getting market value for the work that you feel you deserve, shut the hell up, shut up, don't talk to me, don't talk to anyone about it. I don't want to hear your opinion. I don't want to hear your concerns. I don't want to hear your gripes because his sixty and your dollar twenty five is the same damn thing. Because I'm sure, I'm sure if they told you, hey, you know, we're not going to give you this because we need to spread this thing around the office. Excuse me, you have a fit, So y'all stop with that man. The man is gonna get the money, whether it's in Dallas or whether it's in one of these thirty one other cities. The money is coming his way. He's getting ready to make fifty five million dollars this year, whether y'all like it or not, already on the books. So please, this is the going rate for playing quarterback in the National Football League. Don't like it, go watch rugby, go watch basketball, go watch baseball, baseball. But this is where the market is. Feel how you want to feel. Argue with your mother. He's going to get this money.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Jesse, Jesse, Yes you're there, I'm here, Jesse. I agree with everything you said one hundred percent. But y'all know, Jesse, you don't want y'all to stop tweeting him. Faith I do, I will, I promise you know all that stuff. Jesse said. He wants your opinion. He may not respect your opinion. He were respected, but he may not agree with your opinion. Everything Jesse said is true except continue to x him. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: I look, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: Like the people that are on that that are on that hill, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't understand that.
Speaker 4: The two hills that I that I agree with are he what he's gonna get paid? Someone's gonna either here or wherever. Like you said, someone's gonna pay in that money. I think we went down a list and he was off the air the other day. There's seven seven.
Speaker 7: Viable cities, twelve teams twelve and there was seven we.
Speaker 5: Were legit, legit.
Speaker 4: Five are like I maybe if they sit this guy, he considered him away. But there was something that's like hey tomorrow that would pick that phone up and be like how much?
Speaker 5: And then you get a bit more with them.
Speaker 4: There's no telling where that goes, right, And Dak has always bet on himself and will continue to bet on himself because he keeps winning, and he bets on himself. What I the two I think the two camps that you have are either you pay him to stay here because you think he can get you to where you need to be. He's a top five regular season quarterback no.
Speaker 5: Matter how you look at it.
Speaker 4: Right now, right, I think the knock on him is he hasn't won the big game.
Speaker 5: You need to think about that.
Speaker 6: Don't think about it. That's not that's not.
Speaker 9: And I think the one question, the one question, the one question, Actually big Kurt Cousins got paid. Did he just get paid this offseason?
Speaker 6: Twice?
Speaker 9: The only question? You got action twice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Dak's gonna get paid.
Speaker 4: It's as a Dallas Cowboy fan, do you want to be in the conversation every year and be.
Speaker 5: In the playoffs? Right? Because you're gonna get there with Dak.
Speaker 4: You're you're you're most likely going to be in that conversation every year. And you might have to live with not winning those big games because that's been the history here. Or have you come to the realization and and that like, Okay, I'm ready to move on.
Speaker 5: He can't win me the big game. But then, what what do you have?
Speaker 4: Would you rather go gamble and remember and go through the days of Quincy and Chad Hutchinson and Vinnie Testa Verdi and Drew bled and what was that ten year span they went through until they back then to Tony Romo like that, that is a very if think about all that, Like Nate said, these quarterbacks are getting paid like that because there's only about ten of.
Speaker 5: Them that give you that chance to be in the playoffs every year.
Speaker 4: Like even if you think Dak can't win the big one, Parcels always said, get me to the.
Speaker 5: Dance, and you never know what happens. You know.
Speaker 6: Happen.
Speaker 4: But that's well, I mean, you got to think, is the team come to that realization either hey, this is all the money we really have and we we aren't budgeting on this, or hey, when I saw that playoff game, I don't know if you can get us where we need to be and we're moving on and we're just we're.
Speaker 5: Trying to make it look good for the public.
Speaker 4: I think it's one of two, right, You're either really trying to work and you don't have the money, because if you had the money, you.
Speaker 6: Can already pay you. The money's there.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you, let me.
Speaker 6: Ask y'all this.
Speaker 5: Let's tell you what. Let's take a quick break. Nate, will you will you stay on for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: When we come back, will you say on for a couple of minutes, because we hadn't talked about this this partly.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back. I got I got a question. When we come back.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com Slash of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 11: How's wing Stop sound crispy, juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven souls satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corn.
Speaker 6: I think you've heard.
Speaker 11: Enough, get your flavor delivered at Windstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores. Produce or grab some today.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 13: Snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft. He'll run for a firstyle.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 13: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Back to Hanging with the Board.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We're talking about contracts.
Speaker 4: We've kind of stayed away from this the whole off season, but Jesse had enough and he broke down and he addressed He addressed everybody out there, and Nate was right on point.
Speaker 5: Jesse was right. But all accept the part. Don't stop tweeting him because then he would have anything, He would have anything to do in his spare time. My question is is.
Speaker 4: There going to ever be a point We saw it with the running back two years ago where the teams finally just said enough right, and you've seen you've seen teams be successful with quarterbacks on their rookie deals that weren't superstars and they weren't elite quarterbacks. They were good quarterbacks and they had a lot of great pieces around him and they were able to build right the jury, I guess the jury is still out on Brock Purdy. But that's kind of the model a lot of these teams are going with now right, It's like get them cheap, lock them in, win what you can win, pay the pieces around him, and then we'll figure it out when the contract comes up. Is there ever going to be a time in the NFL where ownership goes Okay, quarterback salary is getting ridiculous.
Speaker 5: We think we can win with a.
Speaker 4: Decent quarterback, a great defense, and some great pieces around the quarterback and just you know, kind of like what the Ravens did back in the day, right, or do you think these salaries for quarterback are just gonna.
Speaker 5: Keep going, going, going, going going. I.
Speaker 7: In my heart of hearts, I believe whenever we get to this whole new uh CBA situation, right, because they're gonna want that eighteenth game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just so y'all know.
Speaker 4: They're gonna they're gonna separate the quarterback position and say this guy is gonna.
Speaker 7: Have Yeah, they're gonna say we're because it's not gonna stop. This is the most important position on the football field and for every one or two teams, Because if there's only one or two teams that you can really say had capitalized or made it really worth their while on a rookie deal that got them to the you know, promised Land. Of course, you could say Patrick mahone before he got his deal. They were, they were, they were, you know, Scott flying rock per Is. I think, uh, you know, it's a it's a negative connotation. But to say is a system quarterback, FYI, people, every quarterback.
Speaker 6: Is a system quarterback.
Speaker 7: I just want to let y'all, want to let y'all know this just you didn't listen if you take anything from Salt Pepper Poppy, every quarterback is a system quarterback.
Speaker 6: The system plays to the strength of the quarterback.
Speaker 7: Rock party and then at one point time Jalen hurts, right, But we see how that even when you paid all those pieces, it still didn't you got to the dance. But there's other teams that you can say, well that failed, the Bears that failed, the Patriots that failed, the Steelers, that there's our teams over the Jaguars in the list of the Titans in Tampa, and you know, Houston's kind of got going in the right direction. But there are team at the team, at the team that went and got quarterbacks on rookie contracts and put other pieces around them only to find out, damn, this is the most important position right now that we have to pay even you know, even when Green Bay went and got Love to play behind behind Aaron Rodgers. I think the Love deal is a smart deal if you're being if I'm being honest with you, because if he has another season like that next year, the price is going away. It's gonna be on the sixty five year type deal. And now you're stuck. Now you're like, damn, we gotta pay him this. So they're like, let me get ahead of you before it gets a little because you're.
Speaker 5: Putting your eggs in that basket. Anyway, go ahead of it.
Speaker 6: Just go ahead and get in front of it.
Speaker 8: So it doesn't make sense the cowboys keep waiting because it just like we've said before, the price just keeps going up no matter what they think.
Speaker 6: As the leagues fall, they just and and forgive me.
Speaker 7: I don't know I saw if it was if it was r JA Ochoa or if it was with Choda is one of those two guys, and please forgive me. I'm not trying to steal anybody's thunder. If it was Yoda or j R J, I'm sorry. One of the guys wrote, and it talked about four or five months ago. There wasn't a Jared Goff deal it wasn't these other deals, Lawrence deals, you know, there wasn't these deals that now reset the market again. Could have got it done then, same thing with Ceedee Lamb four or five months ago. These deal that you're you could have set the market. You could have set them. You could have said, all here, Bok, go fifty three, fifty two and then let those guys build off that. But you and Jerry said it, I want to see more leaves fall.
Speaker 6: They bened up on it, Bro and then now you're stuck.
Speaker 7: But you had an opportunity four or five months ago, before the Golf deal was done, before the Lawrence deal was done, before the Love deal was done, there were like four or five quarterbacks who got deals done in the last four or five months. And you still haven't got that's deal done. This thing is only going to get richer. And if he goes out this season. And this is this is the part from the player's perspective, and that you can jump in on.
Speaker 6: This where the ego comes into play.
Speaker 7: Because I don't care how humble you are, you write things that you say in front of the media. There is there is an internal hundred per goal that goes along with being.
Speaker 4: That an alpha dog, that competitive house. Do you measure yourself against people in the league other than your money?
Speaker 7: And then now you're gonna say, if I go out this year and I'm another top two, top three MVP candidate and I have another eleven twelve win season and I don't give a damn what happens in the playoffs, guess what now, I'm really cause you made me wait even more. Here's my number and I'm not budging from it. Or that's another thing. He walks and you get nothing, and you're still the books next year for another forty five million dollars and you get like it is a it is a It is an asinine thing to even think about, Like do you screwed up so bad in this situation? Just pay the man of money and rectify and let's move on. We'll figure it out later on. But you put yourself in such you now you can say, you know what, I'm away from it. We're done, we're paying this money. Next year, we'll have we have in the books, and we'll just move forward. But I just find it very hard to believe in a in a in a in a league that is quarterback dominant and for an owner that constantly tells us I don't have I don't have a long time for a bad time or whatever the terminology that he find that quarterback and rebuilding with that. It is a the crap shoot. Like for twenty years, you've got the luck of the draw. You found an undrafted player in Tony Romo who made you relevant and made you competitive each and every week. And then you found a fourth round pick.
Speaker 4: That had to get three people hurt in front of him just to get on the field.
Speaker 6: In preseason, you were given.
Speaker 5: Kellen Moore that practice, That practice not good, right. The only reason why you found out is because he got into it.
Speaker 7: And then Kelling broke his ankles in the battle with Jamil Showers, who then turned into a safety. So my only thing is about this is that I don't know how much you can continue to press your luck to think that the next great white hole you're gonna find in the UFSL, you know, or somewhere like that. You can find yourself in a situation where you're Cleveland, where you're for twenty years, you're trying to find a quarterback and it just doesn't work out. And if you don't have a quarterback in this league. I'm telling you guys it.
Speaker 4: Nate, do you think ownership will ever get to the point where they have to stop paying this money? Or do you think it's like Jesse said, it's just so out of control and it's so such a quarterback dominant league that they're just gonna they're gonna have to figure something out.
Speaker 6: I think he agrees with me.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't hear what they have been talking about is creating a separate salary cap for quarterback. It's coming, yeah, but even then you're gonna be paying a bundle.
Speaker 5: Did Kurt listen to the last segment.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but exactly what I said.
Speaker 4: Nate has its own mute, and he's probably having a full conversation without it.
Speaker 5: Has no idea that he's on mute.
Speaker 7: But no, Kurt, Yes, no, you're fine. You're fine. But I think that's where I think that's where we're going. I think that's just where we're going with it.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 4: I think you almost have to to put a good product on the field because you're gonna ham see letter, Nate, You're gonna ham stream yourself so much by or or you do some kind of luxury tax where you get this much and you know, kind of like what basketball does you get?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: They got to figure they got the apron now like they have, is that the basketball football apri is football.
Speaker 6: I can confused some time, but it's basketball.
Speaker 7: But but yeah, as long as the TV deals continue to grow and the profit margin continues to grow in the game of football, you can't.
Speaker 6: There's no way the.
Speaker 7: Owners can keep making money in the players. And then now you're adding excuse me, an eighteenth game, So now you're adding. If you're adding an eighteenth game, that number goes up again. Like the number is going to keep going.
Speaker 5: And the difference in football and other sports.
Speaker 4: Like football teams don't you don't lose money in football, like some of these small market baseball teams. You know, you can lose basketball, you can lose money. NFL the lowest revenue team, you're not losing money. So you're not at a competitive disadvantage by the cap not going.
Speaker 7: Up or being in a sid No, because everyone everyone like, unless the NFL loses money, teams aren't losing money because each team is allocated dollar the revenue share.
Speaker 6: So I'm getting that regardless Yah, welcome back Fellas.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I agree with you. I this thing what Jesse said earlier about when they go into the new collecutive bargaining agreement, players are going to stand up because players better realize you can't have a guy getting twenty five percent of the cap and leaving seventy five percent for fifty one or fifty two other guys. The players are going to have to step up and say, you know what, you either separate this these quarterbacks situations or they have to fall up under a certain percentage of of the of the team's cap, because I mean, it's hurting the league as a whole, right, Yeah, it's hurting the league and it's hurting the players.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean I'm not I'm not begrudging that this fifty five get to fifty five, But somebody on your team will say, how do I get paid? I'm worth thirty million or twenty five I'm worth eighteen. I can't get paid because we're just giving all the money to three players. Yeah, it's gonna they gonna, they gonna rectify. If they don't, shame on them, Shame on them, and more power to the quarterback.
Speaker 4: I was just wanting to know your thoughts on if you know, they said no to the running back position two years ago and it was like the money stopped, like we're not paying you guys, and they just quit. I didn't think it whatever happened with quarterbacks, but I mean, I just wanted to get y'all tall.
Speaker 7: I mean, they started to have the evidence to show that I can plub and play a quarter I mean a running back, right, they started having the events to show that. Now, if there's somehow some way that you can continue to find success success with the with the Brock parties of the world, then sure maybe, but I don't see it.
Speaker 6: I don't see it.
Speaker 7: I don't see that happening. I mean, because that is what running back you have. I mean I can put I got a big back, of small back, of running you know, fast back or slow back. How about first down back or fourth I can have three or four different backs and you know, complete a job.
Speaker 6: This ain't the old days where you can have a quarterback comeing in and out.
Speaker 7: You know, this is my running quarterback, this is my short artist quarterback, this is my deep throwing quarterback.
Speaker 6: You got to have one guy.
Speaker 7: Yep, there's been one guy. That goes out there and play this position. And there's a reason why there's only there's only thirty two thirty two jobs starting jobs in this league. And for the most part, we only really talk about the top twelve of those. So out of the thirty two, you talk about a third of that are really the only because it ain't that many out there. It's like left tackles.
Speaker 6: You just ain't. You ain't going.
Speaker 7: Down to your local Lows and Walmart and home deep on and going on to the utility all and going yep, right there, load that up. That's six six three twenty five pound number feet dude, long arms. Yeah, put him in the car. I'll take two of them.
Speaker 6: You just aren't so nate.
Speaker 4: Since you called back in, I don't want to. I don't want you to call in for nothing. Let's talk real quick. We got to get out of here. But your guys, Zeke, we hadn't talked about the running.
Speaker 5: Back and all.
Speaker 9: That's what that is. The reason I called back in. I wrapped was beak this morning. The first thing he told the tail Kurt and say hello, Kurt, I'm back. That's the first thing you told.
Speaker 5: Me give me on that show and snake bike. Do not get me on that show.
Speaker 9: How is it?
Speaker 5: How's it looking? How does he look?
Speaker 9: How do you look fresh?
Speaker 6: Does he?
Speaker 9: How does look fresh? I think, how do you think the car going to go?
Speaker 5: How do you think the carriers are going to go? This year?
Speaker 9: He gets twelve, ten to twelve and then as the.
Speaker 6: Way he's gonna be to start running back week.
Speaker 9: One he told the starter and you'll get Yeah, the deal is this right here. I think they were building them up as the season go on. I think they will ask a lot from ricodone and maybe another guy. Who the other guy is, I don't know, but I think they will build him up as the season go on. Yes, he's gonna be the starter, but you know, but if they get twenty carriers out of Zeke, I just don't see how that happens all year. I think ric o'donald has to come up either another guy has to come up and share these just before McCarthy has been here before he know how to use the back the proper way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, hey, Nate, hang on the phone after we go off air. I got a question for you. Just hang on all right, We're gonna get out of here.
Speaker 4: Nate, thanks for calling in, Jesse, Kurt, seeing you guys, Jazz, thanks for keep us on the air.
Speaker 5: What's my guy's name's out of camp? He got his own show.
Speaker 9: Now I'm standing right with Josh and sharing them by the slap. Yeah, I'm like, don't's respected shounding like, there you.
Speaker 4: Go, you get me, you get my back out there. Nat All, all right, we will be back. I won't be here Friday. I'm going to the Hall of Fame fellas.
Speaker 5: Wow work, Yeah, I'm going up tomorrow. I'll be back on Saturday. So I'll see you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with the yellow jackets, gold jackets, rub.
Speaker 5: Some shoulders with some gold jackets up there. I'll report back to you next week. I'll be back Tuesday. Soe y'all have fun on Friday. Nate, hang on, I got a quick question for you. We will be back. They will be back on Friday, and I'll see you next week. On Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.