Speaker 1: It's Thursday, October twenty sixth and you were listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens are gearing up for a matchup coming up against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, and today we had a chance to hear from the coordinators. Let's kick things off with special teams coordinator Chris Horton's.
Speaker 2: Got some skykicks over there was what.
Speaker 3: Was kind of the possi you know, I think the first one, you know, we just felt like, you know, as an opportunity, we had that wind blown in our face. We just felt like, hey, if if we couldn't get the ball in the end zone, just just not knowing early on, give us an opportunity put a ball in play. It's had something we haven't done in a while. So just give us an opportunity to let our guys cover down there, just try to make a play.
Speaker 4: Get Tyler Wallace died, See what's his importance?
Speaker 3: You know, Tiland has done a very good job for us, you know, and you know, like I said before, you know, any guy that's that that's at our disposal, we're gonna use him. So it's good to see him back out here. Practice, running around, uh, getting himself called back up. But you know, obviously, uh, you know what he brings to the table is uh, it's been it's been really good for us, you know.
Speaker 5: Uh, we miss having him out there.
Speaker 3: He's a good he's a good football player, is a good gunner, he's a physical player. You know, all those things that we talk about and we preach from our from our special teams and what we look for.
Speaker 6: What's the difference for still on a game like Sundays where your only punting twice, adre to game.
Speaker 5: For your punt anymore.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know those That's happened to Sam a couple of times throughout his career, and so for it to happen to Jordan's on Sunday, you know, I think that first punt came two minutes left in the third quarter, you know, and and and for him, it's just a it's just a mindset thing, right. He has that net over there. He's got to keep himself locked in, uh, in tune to the game. And so when he goes out there, you know, it could only be one punt, and we expect that punt to be you know, high level, and uh, that first punt man, it was.
Speaker 5: It was outstanding. Guys covered well.
Speaker 1: We also talk with defensive coordinator Mike McDonald.
Speaker 2: After having a game like that, especially defensively, having so many positive things, as a coach, do you try to do some things to make sure that's you know, because all week they're going to get their pats on the back, you're all how good they are and things like that. As a coach, do you try to do some things to keep things in check.
Speaker 7: I don't think you're not making the decisions based off of kind of the weather and and the way the winds blowing. I think you're just going off of what the tape told you. And the tape told us that we did the things that we needed to do to win the game. So that was that was really good, you know, starting fast things like that. But tape all also told us that there were some things that, you know, we definitely have to make sure we get cleaned up moving forward. So that's the message, and it just depends on on a week to week basis, and this this week was really honest, it's just no different than any other weeks.
Speaker 5: Click for Justin Manibikka.
Speaker 8: We've seen flashes ever since he was drafted, but to consistently put it together week after week. What do you what has happened for that to turn over.
Speaker 7: I don't see an impetus, you know, per se of something clicking. I just I think you've seen his work ethic over the course of the off season. Just let's take this this whole calendar year for example, just had a great off season here, all the time, put in all the work, always a great attitude, and then anytime you're watching one on ones and the things that we're stressing, you know up front in terms of the pass rush was executing at a high level. So I just I think you know, the whole year, and then go back to last year. Just like I said, I mean, just that that effort, energy, focus that's always been there with Justin and you know, the the maybe the results hadn't been there as much for whatever reasons, whether.
Speaker 9: It's opportunity or not. But I think you're obviously seeing it come together now.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like when someone says you're an overnight success, but it's really like ten years of hard work.
Speaker 9: I think I think that's a good example of Justin.
Speaker 10: You're getting that consistent pass rush production from an interior guy like that.
Speaker 11: How important is that in terms of the overall plan to kind of keep the quarterback off balanced.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a great question. I mean it's huge.
Speaker 7: You know, people think of pass rushers as guys just on the edge, but obviously there's some great ones throughout the league. You know, there's there's more gaps than there are rushers the majority of the time. So interior rush is gonna be very important, you know, to push the pocket and then understand you know, when you have a two way go, when you can make a move, how you counter at the level, things like that. So there's a lot that goes into it. But definitely, you know, a guy like like Beaks up front, you know, doing what he's doing is great. You know, I'd beer miss if if you don't mention guys like Michael Pierce and and Brody and and Travis Jones and the other guys that are rushing inside because a lot of times those guys are taking the double teams and pushing the pocket and that allows you for other guys to have single blocks and that's what makes the whole thing go, as well as matching the route, so the timing is right.
Speaker 9: So it's a team effort. It's all eleven really, but it's great to have a guy inside that can do what he's doing. Like a lot of the reports code out of the air is there that they're taking.
Speaker 6: Their time with Kyler Murray.
Speaker 12: But when you see the practice fully as it did yesterday, how did you approach that as a defensive point hit?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, you got to be ready for it. You got to be ready for him.
Speaker 7: Obviously, there's no reps of him this year in this system, so you're you would try to marry you know, his skill set and what you've seen in the past with what they're trying to do. Not an easy task. You know, we'll see what happens throughout the rest of the week, but it's definitely something you have to be ready for if he if he is out there.
Speaker 13: Mike, I know you've been asked about Gino throughout the season, but when a player produces like that, you know, does that change what you're able to do with him or is it more of like a continuation of the plan you're trying to execute when he's putting up numbers.
Speaker 7: I think it's a continuation of the plan. To Gino's credit, I don't want to take what he's away from what he's doing. But the players are coming to him through the scheme and hit through his responsibility, and that's I'm commending him by executing at a high level. And it's like the ball finds energy you're you know, if you're doing things the right way all the time and playing with high energy, the ball will find you. And when it does, he's been able to make a play on the ball. So he's doing a great job, but we've got to keep it rolling.
Speaker 2: When you're looking at the Cardinals offense, how important will be to keep your former perceiver your Hollywood brown and get in front of it each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's a he's an explosive player, and he's someone you have to account for both in the vertical game and in the in the catch and run game. So you know, he's I wouldn't say unique in that matter, but there's not a lot of guys that have that that both of that skill set.
Speaker 9: So that's something that we definitely definitely have to account for for sure.
Speaker 6: How do you think he's Just the experience of see Lamar in practice every day prepares you guys. First team, whether it's Kyler or Dobbs and just the quarterback design right threat that Arizona will probably present.
Speaker 9: H Yeah, that's a good question. I think.
Speaker 7: You know, when you're practicing the things throughout camp, he gives you a realistic look of if you could make the player or not.
Speaker 9: You know, you stay away from them more.
Speaker 7: Sometimes there's some plays where you're like, oh, we would have tackled them, you know, and you probably wouldn't have, but you can get onto the next play, so you know, I wouldn't overdo it much.
Speaker 9: But obviously, you know, having an elite.
Speaker 7: Quarterback like that that you're seeing every day really in any scheme, you know, Iron Sharpen's Iron in that manner, Like we've.
Speaker 10: Seen the versatility in your scheme talked about with inside linebackers and secondary as a hole as they played with top positions. Something on the film though, showed Michael Pierce and some defensive lineman dropping back into coverage as important. Just what did they show in that regard to be able to entrust them with such a play call and the other guys making the plays surrounding them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would just I mean, it's just we're blessed that we have a unit that.
Speaker 7: Plays together and you can do a lot of different things where different guys are getting credit for stuff and a lot there's a lot of heavy lifting going on where you're not necessarily making the play, but you're setting some of your teammate up for success us. And when you have eleven guys playing like that, you got a really good chance to be pretty good. And that's something that we're focusing on, something that we've harped on as a unit. Our coaches do a great job of, you know, just like pick games for example, like setting the other guy up, not being selfish and playing team football.
Speaker 9: And when you do that, you got a really good chance to win games.
Speaker 6: On a technique level, is there a name for like the kind of the player where you see Mike Pierce, you know, engage the center of the guard just long enough before dust back. I mean, what is there a name for that kind of rush or drop or whatever it is.
Speaker 9: We can talk probably on it, but you know there probably is a call for it.
Speaker 12: Yes, Like heard just a bunch of guys, especially in recent weeks, just saying how they really feel like the unit is gelling really well in recent weeks.
Speaker 4: From a defensive coordinator, like, how do you see that happening? Do you see that happening? How does that happen? And how does that really it?
Speaker 7: Well, it's great to hear that, you know, I didn't I didn't. Uh, I didn't catch that, but awesome to hear. And that's again, that's something that is goes unnoticed. We talked about, you know, in our meeting earlier in the week. It's it's about the little details that you don't necessarily see is what makes the difference. And camaraderie and and selflessness and effort and execution are things that don't aren't necessarily shown to the naked eye when you're when you're watching the tape. So to answer your question, that's those are the things that you see on a play in and play out basis is execution, guys doing the things their coach to do, playing really hard, having great energy in the meeting rooms, and focus and having taken in a day to day to day mentality, and those are the things as a coach you know you're striving for all the time.
Speaker 9: And we and we're chasing it still.
Speaker 7: I mean we're not there by any means, but we're we're chasing it and you can feel it, you know, on a day to day basis, for sure.
Speaker 6: I think there are some thought that one one of the Humphrey came back, he could slide and slot and abw way to get Stevens, keep.
Speaker 9: Him out there and then maybe get dark be your Rocky.
Speaker 6: House scene or even Armer Davis. How is the way Arthur Molest played inside kind of solidified things for you guys, and maybe you know, change in what you do with the defensive backs there.
Speaker 7: Well, A lot a lot of the decisions we've made in the back is a functional one. Who's available and uh, and just just the the overall skill set that you're working with. But to your point about Arthur has been playing really good football for us and uh, and then that would that would drive some decisions on not having to shake things up per se, It's not out of the question moving forward. I mean, we have a lot of good guys back there that you know, we want to get on the field and then have deserved chances to be out there. So I think you'll see us mix it up, you know, over the next few weeks based on matchups and who's available and things like that. But definitely Marlin going to the slot isn't out of the question. And that's nothing against Arthur. He's obviously playing really good football. But you know, you're always looking for ways to get get your best guys out there based on based on the situa.
Speaker 13: Mike, what was your reaction to the news coming out of Michigan this week?
Speaker 7: You know, I appreciate the question. It's I've been here two years, you know, I'm a Raven now and obviously all our focus is really move is on the Cardinals this week, But appreciate the question.
Speaker 1: That was defensive coordinator Mike McDonald. We also talked with offensive coordinator Todd Munkin, who actually got the game ball on Sunday. That was a big moment for him as the Ravens completely dominated that game against the Lions. The offense had its best showing of the season. They scored touchdowns on their first four drives of the game. Monkin talked about that performance and how the Ravens built on that moving forward.
Speaker 6: And they showed the time inside a locker footage after the game looked like a pretty mean coul for you.
Speaker 5: Kind of talked about what was well, you know a lot of things frustration, you know, like I said, no, that's the way it should look. You know, I don't think you ever anticipate scoring touchdowns to your first four drives, but that's what you're paid to do. You're paid to put a product out there, maximize your players potential, and we did that. You know, it feels good and it feels like crap when it doesn't. I don't know how's to say it, you know, just the way it is. So from that part of it, you know, it was a chance to enjoy it, you know what I'm saying. So no, the way to put it, you know what I'm saying. The end of the game, you play well enough, you hold up your out of the bargain. Guys play good, you know, you play like your cable playing. We really hadn't a game like that since the Bengals. We really had played like that against the Bengals, and we had had spots you know, here or there, you know, But now we're looking forward. We're through through week seven and now it's onto week eight and hopefully we can stack those type of games together.
Speaker 11: What it can be.
Speaker 12: Do you think that that can act as kind of a springboard to doing that more regularly.
Speaker 5: I hope. So, I mean, you know that's what you're looking for of what what does it look like in my opinion on Wednesday and then Thursday and then on Friday. And how do you carry that over? That's not only in the practice field. That's up when you're game planning. That's when you're deciding what you're gonna do in any down in distance, any part of the field, and then making sure that the players you detail it out exactly what you anticipate and what they can anticipate from play calls. You know, sometimes just goes your way. Sometimes it doesn't. I wish it was that simple, but sometimes it just goes your way.
Speaker 11: Sorry for interrupting, But those those r FO designs specific to Lamar kind of running out like he has the design to run. How how specific was that to a quarterback like Lamar who has those unique talent.
Speaker 5: Some are, some aren't, some are part of you know, a read scheme with that built in. Just how and that that one play call forced him to keep it and then obviously defender squeeze to him and he spit the ball out. So again, we had a number of those in the plan and we've had those up. It just sometimes just didn't present themselves. You know, they were more chase mechanics. We've had games where they've been mess charge, we've had games where they've served, So even though some of the calls might have been up, we just didn't get the same look.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like Lamar has a particular special ability to to get the ball where it needs to go while he's on sort of while he's running, or while he's making it look like he's about to run, or just on nonstandard kind of foot.
Speaker 5: For sure, you guys have seen it. I mean his off platform arm angles, ability to get the ball in space and see the field is unique. And he's done a great job, really has and you know we're just we're just getting started. We really are, you know, really just getting started, and we just got to build from here.
Speaker 14: A thousand lines obviously very good in past protection and also the luxury of having Patrick Card we left tackle essentially and block might that what kind of lectury and how the creators that allowed you and you.
Speaker 5: Can move forwardy to two up like that. I thought the whole line did a great job in protection. Obviously we use patent a number of ways. He's got a unique skill set, so we use him in pass pro, we use him in protection and sometimes if the man that the defender that had him in mayon added. So you don't count on a forty yard game to pat Ricard on a checkdown, but you'll take it.
Speaker 2: You seemed like the earlier one a lot of pre snap movement, multiple prestat movement. Was that were you looking for something specific or was it just.
Speaker 15: Kind of just you know, part of what you're doing.
Speaker 5: We've had some of the pre stat movement, and we had a little bit more on third downs this past week, but we've had it, maybe not as many you know, our pos in the past. You know, the way this defense played kind of presented that to us a little bit more.
Speaker 6: This is there other than other than the end result? Is there a common denominator is some of the best point. I guess issues between Justice of Lamar have sort of reared with some of the fumbles on these changes.
Speaker 5: You know, obviously we've got to get it fixed. That one in particular was different than the one you know in Cleveland, which was a miscommunication in terms of the play. But obviously it doesn't matter who the back is. I mean, when you have some QB driven runs with Lamar's ability to pull it and get on the perimeter. You have to be elked at that part of the game. If you're under center and you're really not QB driven, that isn't a factor. There isn't the read part of it. That element comes into play with the athletic quarterbacks, the guys that can attack the perimeter, and we have to be lead at no matter who that is, whether it's a receiver coming in motion, its one of our running backs. We have to be because you don't want to get to the point because you can't take that out of your plan. It's a big part of what you do.
Speaker 9: Like you said, sometimes it just works out.
Speaker 12: But just from your perspective, I think everybody's wondering why it came together the way it did on Sunday, right, Why did it all come together and look so good and work out so well?
Speaker 5: From your perspective, why, Well, if you asked our team, I thought last Wednesday was our best practice. Again, I thought over the last few weeks we practiced well. Didn't play as well against Pittsburgh, obviously played better against Tennessee, just didn't finish in the red zone. And I think they had started to see that, had started to see that the things we were doing, and I think last Wednesday Thursday were a couple of our best practices. That doesn't always mean that it's going to carry over, but I thought those guys saw that the energy level was great. Thought they started feeling better about the things that we were doing, and it just carried over to Saturday, and we made plays at critical times. You know, even when we didn't get one of the third downs, we came right back and got it on the second one we had offsetting penalties and got the next one on a third and eleven. We hit Zay on a deep out route that converted and kept a drive going. So even when we didn't have a number of third downs in that game, but when we needed third downs we converted early in the game. That kept drives going. So sometimes you have to make a play when you get to the third downs and you're not being explosive to convert, and we did a much better job scheming it, calling it in the red zone. You know, we were explosive, We were aggressive, right, And that's that's the key, is how do you find a way once you get those drives, convert on third downs and then get touchdowns in the red zone, which we had like a little lapse. There are obviously a couple of games, but we had been good up till that point, and we were good. We were good the other day and would have had a chance at the other one. We got a little holding call. Uh, But the guys, the guys were on point. When we talked to the players afterward, by and largest, they were not you fust I mean, they were all saying, well, there's still a lot of things we could have done better.
Speaker 12: When we look at the film, you know, we'll see that.
Speaker 5: As a coach to you, do you like to hear that? Sure? I mean, I think you're always looking for perfection. You're looking to be elite whatever you do. So I think there was frustration that before the half that we turned the ball over, could have finished the half on our terms, and then at the end when we had an opportunity we end up kicking a field goal, and then when we put in some of the other guys, we could have finished the game on our terms. So we didn't finish the half on our terms, and we didn't finish the game on our terms. No matter who's in the game, and not give it back to their offense and put our defense back out there. We could have to me ending both halves on our terms is what you're looking for.
Speaker 6: I think just a piggyback up with podcast. You know, we saw the offense pass for bridge fifty yards and then you know Kurt Warner's breakdown says that there's some issues still with the space, you know, the route concepts and stuff like that. I guess, how would you kind of assess just the process of.
Speaker 5: Both Sure, No, I think anytime I don't disagree with some of the things he's saying, I think in terms of making sure that we're on point in terms of if you're spacing, in terms of everybody being on the same page. But do I think that any different than most weeks. No, you know, I think you can break down anybody and say, hey, I think that was maybe taking the other side of the narrative because it was so much one side, so you go to the other side of the narrative a little bit. I don't think either side's wrong. I think there were certain things we did that were really outstanding that you look in and say, wow, we can bill on and there's other things that we'll get glossed over because you won, and you'll look at and go, that's got to be a lot better, or we can't be who we want. And it's the same way when you don't play as well. There's things you won't look at and you'll look at you go, boy, we did that really well. And yet there's things that you won't look at it that way because of the way you've finished. So I don't disagree with either side of it. There was some elite things we did and there's some things that for sure we've got to clean up and not just count on that eight. It's going to run around and make a play, right, he is going.
Speaker 13: To do that.
Speaker 5: That is what he does. But that's not my job. Our job is to be elite in getting guys in the right spots, calling it being aggressive, getting the guys in the right spots and letting our allent shine.
Speaker 7: It's going to get a lot better.
Speaker 12: Example.
Speaker 5: I just think there's it's more than just one thing. I think it's consistency in terms of route depths right here and out of the huddle right if we're changing a play right, there's just over time and This is no different than any game. There's mister Simon here getting lined up here, how we're doing it here, So we're hearing it out of the huddle, getting lined up. Our spacing's right. So again, so we don't count on some ad lib lib, just Lamar making a play and making up for it, which can occur in the run game too. It could occurred in the RPO world where all of a sudden he ends up just making a play.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 5: Those are things that he has a unique ability to do. But when you really take off is you shrink those other things and again you let your talent shine and you're really everybody's executing at a high level, including Lamar, including how we call it and how we scheme it, all the above, all the above making.
Speaker 8: Up forward in the RBO was that the eighty yard pitch to Goss rely the little pass was that he looked like he wanted to go left off three and then let it saw something that just him again eighty eight.
Speaker 5: Now it is a naked to the left and he ended up coming back to the right and then Gus was there. Man, I'd love to say that we designed that and we dumped to the back for eighty yards. I mean, well, it end up we were running a naked and we were going left and he ended up seeing a defender to the left and didn't end up getting the mark. His nature took it to the right and he found Guss And those are things that he is gonna do outside of that, those are the things in the plays that he's gonna make. And getting him on the perimeter, getting guys out in routes is a good thing for Lamar because he does have a unique ability to see people down the field, so as you can protect him. He is a natural playmaker. You guys know that, and uh, you got to embrace that, you know, in terms of certain things. That's why we're pushing everything in a direction of all right, let's have that be a bonus. Let's have that be a bonus. Let's be leaded execution, let's be leaded how it's supposed to look, and then the other part is a bonus.
Speaker 1: In addition to the coordinators in the locker room, we also talked with some of the key players, including wide receiver Nelson Aguilar, who talked about the strong showing from the offense and what the Ravens can do to build off of that.
Speaker 16: We've been preparing and I think at the end of the day's executing what you're prepare. And I think last Sunday was an example of that, and then the previous weekly similar situation.
Speaker 9: How do you kind of carry that over?
Speaker 12: You know, when you execute at such a high level, that's a high bar to set.
Speaker 9: How do you approach it?
Speaker 16: The problem to be consistent about your preparation. You know, that's one thing that has to be consistent throughout because you know situations very defenses play hard, they adjust, But how you prepare, you know what you watch on tape, the corrections in the meeting room, the effort at practice, the tension to detail. That practice has to stay consistent to at least yourself a chance to be consistent.
Speaker 9: On Sundays, Trod Munkin.
Speaker 12: Was saying that last week during practice, it felt like you guys had some of your best practices of the year.
Speaker 9: What what was it did you feel like from practice field?
Speaker 16: I th I thought our attention to detail was there. We just practiced hard. You know, we had great energy. I think the energy is the most important part, you know, practicing with you know, enthusiasm and joy plays a big part in how it looks, you know, cause we always you know, I think guys always do the right thing, run hard, go here and there. But with the excitement you practice with, you know, the energy you practice with gives everybody a good feeling. Similar similar man, we we practiced with great and focus and enthusiasm, enthusiasm, and we just trying to get better.
Speaker 12: Tren Munkin got it a game ball afterwards in the locker room. It seemed like that really meant something to him and as his players, you know, was that a a good feeling for you all to kind.
Speaker 2: Of see it?
Speaker 16: It definitely means something to me, cause I know he cares. He cares about what we do, He cares about what we look like. He cares about you know, our production, you know, individually and as a team.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 16: So I have a lot of respect for him and he deserves that, and we need to just continue to put out performances like that for him, for the quarterback, for the old line, you know, for each other.
Speaker 5: You know, that's what it's about.
Speaker 9: What do you see us getting open on these extended plays with Lamar?
Speaker 10: And what goes through your mind?
Speaker 16: You stay alive, you know, it's a it's a scramble driux. If ever every team does that, we stay alive. I think our coaches do a good job about telling us about different voids and playing off of each other, you know, having a feel for where the next guy is, keeping your eyes on the quarterback, things like that. So you have to practice that too all the time, because you know, when you have an electric quarterback like we do, we understand that it's important to give him a target.
Speaker 6: Lets you respect to that play with Lamar and what did you see in terms of the void And it's some of those things you just.
Speaker 16: Talk, get in my eyes on him and try to just keep on moving around. And when I found space, I took space and he was on the same page he. I mean, he has great vision. That's something that's you know, unique to him. Instinctive. You know, he has great vision. Even though he's moving around and moving guys with his eyes, he's shifting shifting guys with his body and he's looking for people.
Speaker 9: And that's good.
Speaker 12: Why do you think that day is off to such a historic start, like his stats and everything, how's he gotten off to such a fast start.
Speaker 16: He practices hard, He practices already prepares with great attention to detail. You know, I'm super impressed with him. I always have been, and you know, it's important that he has this type of performance because it's a great, you know, example of proper preparation and proper work ethic.
Speaker 6: Thank Kelly, Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was wid receiver Nelson Aguilar. And last but not least, we also talked with linebacker Patrick Queen. He discussed the attire that he plans to wear for Sunday's matchup against the Cardinals and also the mindset for this defense going into this game.
Speaker 8: I got to ask about the cowboy hat they heard Rose flushers.
Speaker 17: Oh, I got ain't got a burst up, but we gonna we'll be well dressed Sunday. I actually had to rob him a little bit just to give him to wear a cowboy hat, uh to the game Sunday. So I'll see what kind of fitty wears and I'll give him a good rating. Uh my rating't gonna be a team to let y'all know if he's a ten already, but they'll have a rad for.
Speaker 13: Him soon, so you will have a cowboy atat too.
Speaker 17: I did have about cowboy had actually I ordered a bunch of 'em cause I didn't know what color I was gonna have to match with my fit, and it was an extra one in there. I was like, real, you might will just you know, wear one with me. So he was like, alright, I'll wear one. Then he text me he was like, bring the hazard Marrows like a match one solid.
Speaker 5: It's an extra unexpected wrinkle.
Speaker 10: Get kind of thrown out you when you see Kyler Murrie his full participation or assessing that was.
Speaker 9: Already kind up on your hasbro.
Speaker 17: Uh, I mean we pretty much of the space offense would be the same. You know, they still got their ye quarterback runs and Dobbs is running as best as anybody in the league from the quarterback spot, So I think it'll be pretty much the same offense. Nah, color is a different player, more electric and stuff, but think it for for like, for the most part, should be the same offense.
Speaker 15: Obviously, Hollywood Browns a got you guys know, well, just wanna challenges that you brings to the posters with you.
Speaker 17: Yeah, good catching run guy, Uh got a lot more sauces. He could definitely go off the line way better. Uh. Downfield speed has always been there, being able to take the top of the defense. Always been there. Uh, he's more aggressive now with the run blocks. He's just throwing his body in there and stuff now, getting out of people with blocks and stuff. So he's definitely way more aggressive than what I recall. He was always been aggressive, but they like way to another level now, So hands off to him for that.
Speaker 15: Marlin hmprey said yesterday that Mike McDonald was harder. You guys, you got the film room this week. You know, even though it was a big win that he was you know what I thought you lost the game. It's some of the way that you went through it. How does that kind of set the tone going into the.
Speaker 4: Type of game?
Speaker 17: Yeah, we all we was all paused out of the game because we wanted to put a goose egg up there on the board, and we know we were capable of it. And Mike took the blame with the call he said could have been a running card, but we all know that we could have played it better and you know, probably stopped him and gave us, gave himself a chance on the one yard line or something down the two yard line, whatever it may be. So that's when it comes into being a team being a great having a great defensive coordinator like him, have great coaches who actually care want us to be perfect, and we want to be perfect our sales.
Speaker 1: That was linebacker Patrick Queen, And you're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. If you want more of a deep dive on this game coming up against the Cardinals, head over to the Lounge podcast feed. We actually sat down with outside linebacker Kyle van Noy to discuss his career path that has led him here to Baltimore and what has been like joining this team and what has allowed him to be so successful. So check that out. Wherever you get your podcasts, just search the Lounge podcast feed. Make sure you leave a rating and review here on this feed and the Lounge feed as well. Hit that subscribe button if you haven't already. We appreciate you listening and we'll be back tomorrow