Speaker 1: Welcome in the Ravens Press Best. Today we heard from head coach John Harball, pass rush coach Chuck Smith, and outside linebacker Tavius Robinson. First up, let's hear from head coach John Harball.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, good seeing everybody.
Speaker 3: Very much.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you being here.
Speaker 4: Beautiful day, beautiful setting, and a bunch of guys working hard and trying to make the most out of everything they're doing while they're out here. So I really appreciate that. It's been fun. We've enjoyed it. And uh and we'll be getting ready soon to move on to mini camp, which'll be great.
Speaker 2: What questions Jack.
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had minor things like bo a minor ankle. I think who's he had a minor ankle stuff like that. Nothing serious. Yeah, he's fine.
Speaker 2: As far as I know.
Speaker 5: Just where the team you just talked about it mandatory min AGAFT next week.
Speaker 6: Just about through three weeks of OTAs, you know, what have you seen, what have you liked?
Speaker 7: And where do you feel like you need to.
Speaker 2: Grow the most?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you know, there, there's there, it's a it's a it's kind of a it's a time for for reaping. I guess you know, I mean you're planting, you know this, just work on everything you're planning, seeds and everything you do offense, defense, special teams, individual technique, situational football, field position football, all the different things. You're just working all the time to try to plan as well as you can as much as you can, try to do some weeding, you know, and get to get the mistakes out as much as you can, and really prepare for training camp. That's really what you're doing right now. So I feel really great about it. I mean, I think the guys have been intention Intentionality has been has been a real big message in this offseason. We're trying to be intentional about everything we do. Understand what we do, we do it for a reason, uh, and then understand what the reason is.
Speaker 2: And I think they really take it out. I believe, I believe they've really.
Speaker 4: Taken it to heart, you know that really try to do that, and when you do, that makes for a better practice. So I feel really good about the practices. There's lots of things to work on, and you know, but they're they're in there plowing the field every single day.
Speaker 8: Johanadza Isaac is a guy that I mean, I know you were high on him when he drafted and he kind of last year was a loss of season. What what do you see from him so far now and what do you.
Speaker 2: Kind of see him for the season. Yeah, he looks good. He's been in the weight room. He's he kind of he lost weight.
Speaker 4: Uh, guy kind of trimmed up and we did a lot of movement stuff and then he came back. He started putting them back on the muscle mass a little bit. So he's he's about probably where you want him now and moving really well. Uh, really doing a good job in practice. He looks good to me, so it there'll be time after this mini camp to see him in pads and all that and see how he does.
Speaker 2: But I expect him to play really well.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's talented and he looks he looked good at this point.
Speaker 3: It seems like he's going to place.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Hell just I mean, obviously this would.
Speaker 3: Be put you know when you have a guy that keep well, what does that kind of well?
Speaker 4: I mean I would expect it to be honest with you, you know. I mean if I'm if I'm a running back or I'm a skilled player, I want the ball, you know, and now they moved that touch back back to the thirty five up to the thirty five, right, So I'm pretty sure that people are gonna put give the guys a chance to return it. So I'm sure he's aware of that and he wants the ball in his hands. So if we have a guy who doesn't want the ball in his hands, it's a perceiver, a tight end, running back or a quarterback that now you know, then they're what are we doing? So but he'll be good at too. One thing we did learn last year, running backs with a new setup have really kind of thrived, you know, for whatever reason. So you know, we've got some guys be thinking to it, Keaton being one of them.
Speaker 9: What have you seen from TJ, Tampa and OTAs.
Speaker 8: What are your expectations or hopes for him going into the season after not playing as much as probably would have liked luster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, he's been healthy. You know, that wasn't the case last year. He came in with the groin type situation to get surgery on, so that's been a big plus. So the reps are really good for him. I've seen a lot of flashes. I mean flashing some real good plays, keep chasing the consistency with the technique. I think TJ is a young player in the sense that I don't even think sometimes he understands how good he is, how talented, how big he is, you know. So I want him to play big, you know, play like a big corner and embrace that as far as his technique. And he's been working on doing that and you see it really coming around.
Speaker 9: He's one of the guys who went to Chuck Pagano when he first got here, just seeking advice. How valuable is a simple question. But how valuable is to have a guy like Chuck or some for a guy in his positions.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, Chuck's a great coach and does a great job of these guys experienced. But Chuck, even when he was a young coach, he was a great coach. I know because I was young then too, you know. And he's always been a talented, superstar secondary coach, defensive back coach, defensive coach, coach.
Speaker 2: He was a great head coach. So yeah, it's very valuable.
Speaker 10: Camp.
Speaker 9: I've got a lot of young corners in that room.
Speaker 3: It's two high profile guys.
Speaker 6: Available, or you do you like.
Speaker 8: Where you're at as far as your quarterback depth that's in the building or is that something you guys are kind of looking outside.
Speaker 2: The play Well, I mean I really look at it as an ore.
Speaker 4: I look at it as an and you know, yes, we're happy with the guys we have and I'm very confident those guys are all going to do well and we turn over every stone, you know. So you're always interested in in anything you see on the waiver wire or anything else.
Speaker 11: John, what have you seen in devontees Walker as he heads into your two excuse me, in devontees Walker?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: What differences have you seen this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Great question, tz Man. He's just way more confident, you know, way more way more certain. You know, when he runs a route, you know he's off the ball, he's in his break, he's out of his break, he's upfield, he goes and gets the ball. Simon Wise, you know, comes out of the huddle much more aware just a year in. So you know, I want to translate that now to the games and the competition, but I expect him to do really well.
Speaker 2: He looks good, John.
Speaker 3: That starts getting one episode him. What have you seen the Jets least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing.
Speaker 4: He's he's he's pretty very mature player. You know, it's the kind of guy that that's why he's the first round pick. You know, he's the kind of guy that you would expect to be able to step in to a role like that. I mean, that's why you draft him in the first round. And you know with our Darius situation, he got thrust into that situation maybe a little sooner than we'd hoped, but he's embraced it, so expect him to do very well.
Speaker 12: John Tavie's Robinson had kind of a week last year. What do you think contributed to that?
Speaker 9: And how do you see the trajectory of the next.
Speaker 10: Two years play again?
Speaker 4: You know, I think contributed to that is what standing next to Steve Mashati out here during practice and we both were looking at number ninety five Mistavious and he said, has he ever missed a practice? I'm like, he's never missed anything. He's never missed a practice, he's never missed a meeting, he's never missed a lifting session, he's never missed a meal. You know, he hasn't missed anything. So all he does is and when he goes and does it, he does his best, you know, he uh, he works hard at everything he does and and it shows up. And when he plays, he plays, he plays, he plays full throttle, you know.
Speaker 2: So I think that's the key. Plus he's big and talented.
Speaker 11: KI a red star recruit for multiple reasons. Since he's gotten here. What are some of those ways that you've seen him stand out.
Speaker 4: To that example the level, well, one example, I think it's been reported. You know, he was organizing walkthroughs at the hotel for the rookies, you know, pretty much the whole camp. I think that's pretty cool, you know. And he's always on point. He's always he's always he can answer any question, you know, in a meeting, and you know, we may we may be back there and say he all right, Malachi, and you throw a situation at him and he knows, you know, he's been studying, comes prepared and uh, and I don't again, I mean, I'm sure he's made a mistake or two maybe with some minor leverage things, but I've never seen him make a real, a real mistake.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 4: You know, he's he's he's uh, very very much a pro, probably way advanced beyond his years in terms of being a pro.
Speaker 9: Sitting on the safeties. I mean, what have you seen the probably from sin new seeking so far?
Speaker 4: You know, well, I saw him flashing today. You saw it too, right, flying around, showing up where he's supposed to show up. I think he's taking big step, you know, this year. It's starting to look like he could be that guy, maybe play that.
Speaker 2: Role as the third safety.
Speaker 4: Perhaps got a long way to go still, but he's looking like he's got a shot.
Speaker 3: A lot of bigger they get one gast catching that. You know, they got a couple of fuel of them out there.
Speaker 2: But the interview like giving.
Speaker 9: Him when you have you know, as far as flexibility and having two guys that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I Charlie helped me catches to Charlie have today, but height didn't he you know, he had a bunch of catches today. So you know, Charlie doesn't want to hear about two pass catching tight ends. He wants to hear about three. And we got a couple other guys in there, and he wants to hear about four. You know, So I just you know, as many guys that you can that the quarterback can be confident and throwing the ball to and knowing they're gonna make a play. I think that just makes you just way more, way more dangerous.
Speaker 1: Next up here is pass rush coach Chuck Smith. He works with the outside linebackers, the inside linebackers, defensive line, he works with everybody.
Speaker 9: Here's Chuck Smith.
Speaker 3: Off season.
Speaker 12: How do you think that's going to contribute to his game? And how are you working him on? How are you working with him on incorporate?
Speaker 10: I think it's just the evolution of Adafe. I think he's grown up. You know, he's you know, a guy who always had a lot of muscle in his body. But I think it's one of those things that he realized that with his size, with his speed and as athleticability, that he can put them more weight. And you know, the more weight you can, the faster you generate power, with the ability to still have flexibility, ben and all this other things. I think it was a natural growth for him, you know, to do for his career game.
Speaker 11: I'm sure what were the things that you wanted to work on going into off season. Where do you see him at now?
Speaker 10: Well as far as the things that I can control from a pass rur standpoint, you know, we want to get him on the field, you know, really get him going, you know, So he's working really it's almost like his first year for him when you look at it, because he didn't get a chance to do a lot of stuff. But one of the things that a DCE has worked really hard on is he's understanding the defense.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing.
Speaker 10: So from that standpoint, he's working on understanding the defense. You know, he's in good shape, is having a good get off, he's working hard in his coverage, all the different things that you want a guy to do. DCEs working super hard, you know, And we're excited about him, and I can't wait to see when we put the pads on, you know, in camp and get after and that's gonna be really the measuring stick of where he's at.
Speaker 8: There was a lot about a lot of chatter about Mike Green when the Ravens and drafting run you we're excited about picking him up. What did you see from him on tape free drafting? How is that translations what you've seen here?
Speaker 10: Well, the first thing I saw Mike Green was effort guy who runs to the ball. And if you've watched him out here. Mike Green runs to the ball every play and that you don't have to coach him on. That's one of the best things when you get to be a pro. You shouldn't have to coach effort. And a lot of guys that come out of college, you know, you say, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 3: You know, got to push him.
Speaker 10: That's one of the first things I saw on Mike Green.
Speaker 3: And then he's coachable. You know, he wants to learn.
Speaker 10: He's in there asking questions with Matt and Dennis when we're all combined, as far as as a defensive front, when we're all together in the room, and that's another thing that stands out in him. He's super smart, you know, and picking up the defense. And you know, I give Mike a lot of credit he comes out here. Mike has heavy hands. He doesn't turn down reps and heavy hands. He puts hands on guys. He's shown that he has the ability to you know, strike blocks. And you know, in this again, we're not you know, all out and all that to be seen again when we get into camp. But as far as Mike doing everything we ask, he's doing it. And from a past us standpoint, Mike is very you know, he's skilled up. You know, give him credit, give him school a lot of credit, and his coach in college at Marshall and probably Virginia. You know, Mike, he can cross shop Mike and spind Mike and ghosts. But you know, from that standpoint, you know, Mike is the best example of this new generation that have learned like from the pros, and he comes in already really highly skilled up, so you know, give him a lot of credit. I mean, Mike is get off just amazed that you know, he's in his base two point stance. He has no false steps. You know, he gets off on the ball fast. So I can't say enough about Mike so far. You know, now we put the pads on. So the Mike Green that we've seen so far as everything that we thought he would be.
Speaker 3: You know, when we decided to draft.
Speaker 9: Him around this time last year, you called Tavius Robinson. I think it was like a glass eater Clarius. Where you've seen him take steps since then? And what are your hopes and expectations for him this year?
Speaker 10: Listen, Tavia's Robinson doesn't get enough credit because Tavia's Robinson is one of our center pieces. He's not just a guy who you know he came up. He's a overachiever. No, No, Tavia's Robinson. When you look at from an organization standpoint, I believe in speaking for organization, I shouldn't be, but I think they'll always agree. Tavis Robinson's everything you look for in a Baltimore Raven. Every day, Tavy's Robinson showed up. And this is not me exaggerating. He sits in the front, he takes notes, he plays hard. He's taking more snaps than anybody here since I've been here. In practice, he works after practice. You know, he's a good person. He got that dog in them. And what he's really worked on, really hard we've worked on is Tavy's Robinson now is going to be a I believe, a bone to fire pass rusher and he has an opportunity to have a breakout season. I mean, you know, Tavius Robinson came out at Coyles, he ran a four to six. But then also being in fairness to how it works, Tavia sitting a part of the rush group. You know what I mean, Doff and he had Jadevion. You know you had Kyle, you know you had those guys, and those are double digit sackers, you know what I mean, guys who've had careers.
Speaker 3: So he's not getting those reps.
Speaker 10: So if Tavi's Robinson had two hundred and fifty pass reps a year, he gets seven, eight nine sacks. It's just about the numbers. But Tavi's Robinson is everything you look for. He's gonna be a good rusher. He's adding rush moves in his repertoire. He's got power. But make no bones about it, Tavy's Robinson is a centerpiece in our defensive front for what he does and moving forward.
Speaker 9: I know you work listening against the linebackers, but I know also through reputations intensive ye company also for advice all the time. Talk a little bit about Travis Jonsen, agains chas Peble's.
Speaker 3: Rights and what they can do.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, first let me answer something to make something clear. I'm the past rush coach. I'm not the outside linebacker coach. I'm not the defensive line coach. What I am is I oversee the pass rush from the defensive line, the outside linebackers, the linebackers, as well as the development of the secondary.
Speaker 3: So that's how it works. Now.
Speaker 10: So Matt Robinson's outside linebackers. Dennis Johnson is the linebackers. We all work together called a defensive front. There's three of us along with Megan Rosberg and Andrew Rogan. It's really four of us who really put it together. So you know, you kind of understand the context of what I'm saying. So I do get a chance to work with everybody. Now Travis Jones, so I can answer you a question. Travis Jones is a fantastic Travis Jones is a is a pass rusher that I'll put him out there one on one with ninety five percent of the offensive guards in the league and they can't block him. Travis Jones is getting ready to be one of the best interior rushers in the game. Last year, when he was healthy, he was one of the best interior rushers in the game. The film doesn't lie, nor do the respect he has from the other teams. Uh, Travis Jones has.
Speaker 3: He's skilled up.
Speaker 10: And one of the things when I first got here we talked about some of the people that were here.
Speaker 3: We talked about everybody.
Speaker 10: We want everybody to have a skill, whether you're big, you're small, you're a cornerback of linebacker. When everybody has skilled Travis Jones has multiple moves and he does a chop drive, he can do a hump, he can do long arms, he can do everything Travis Jones. If things go the way I see it for Travis Jones and the way I think the overview of our team goes, Travis Jones has a chance to be a Pro bowler. He's as good as any defensive line of noseguard in the National Football League. And I think this year, when he stays healthy entire season, I think he'll prove it and put.
Speaker 3: It on tape.
Speaker 7: Jones David Joba to me, he spent a lot of time here, the off'son working, m has a few years under his bell opously highly skilled. What do you see from here and what's the Key's got a a lot of potential.
Speaker 10: Well, I think the first thing is Jobo last year was pretty much the first year he was healthy. You know that when you think about it, that's part of it. So a lot of times when you're getting healthy, you're not necessarily gaining, You're just trying to manage to get back to where you started. So now I think this offseason he has his platform has raised from the standpoint up, he's had a chance to work harder. You know, he has a chance to do the different things that it takes from the strength standpoint, and he's worked really hard.
Speaker 3: Jobo.
Speaker 10: You know, he plays hard, he competes hard, and you know, I'm excited about you know, what he gets a chance to do in camp.
Speaker 3: I's curious.
Speaker 12: What would you notice?
Speaker 5: It's different, exact word.
Speaker 2: You know this time heard the baby last time? Stand down to you.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm glad. Is this the last question?
Speaker 10: I'm glad this is I was hoping somebody asked me this because I was all last year. I was watching everybody broadcasting talking.
Speaker 3: I lived it, I walked it. I've seen it.
Speaker 10: I watched this coordinator stand on ten toes. Zach Orr is the guy. Zach Orr, I'm telling you is is going to be an incredible coordinator.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you why.
Speaker 10: When we were struggling last year, I watched him stand in front of these mics every week and talk to y'all.
Speaker 3: He didn't flinch.
Speaker 10: But I also watched them stand in front of the room of a room someday. I mean we played after the Bengals, it wasn't like we were celebrating because they from a defensive standpoint, they did a lot. They had great days on us. Zach Or man looked those players.
Speaker 3: In the eye.
Speaker 10: He never get at the high and hide or logan too low. He stayed in the middle. And I'm telling you he always would be positive, but he was tough. He's tough on the coaches and the players, and he would tell everybody. He would show everybody how close we were to actually having success. Like it might be an angle of a defensive backrouns of ball, or it might be a pass rusher that ran past the quarterback and the quarterback ran. Zach would stand and talk to everybody, and he led. He never flinched. And watching this cat do it. And I know last year a lot of people, you know, they were in the media, We're saying, well, this guy came in and helped. No, No, zach Orr did it. Zach Orr in those rooms with the coaches, he led. He made the changes in support with coach Harball and the guys on that staff. But zach Orr truly led the charge. I'm a witness to it, and I've been wanting to say this because dude is the truth. Dude didn't flinch, and dude is going to be one of the best coordinators in the league. He is smart, he is a leader, and when you watch him work every day, this dude comes to work. I'm telling you, and I'm just glad. That was my last question because I wanted to make set the record straight because I'm a part of it, and I have no reason to come compare and bys y'all because.
Speaker 3: You know I roll.
Speaker 10: But Zach Orr was the one who changed what we did last year. And give John Harball a lot of credit. You know he was in there with us too, but I gotta give Zach most of the credit for the adjustments that happened in that secondary and also helping us. Coaches like call him like I mean, the youngest in charge, That's what I call him. He's a special coach and I'm just I'm really blessed to be around a guy like that.
Speaker 1: Next up, let's hear from outside linebacker Tavis Robinson.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 12: I don't know how much he called it, Juck Smith, but they were absolutely raving about your work ethic. Where does that come from? Is that something that dates back to your college days? I was being in front taking notes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it just goes back to kind of college and like my journey and that's kind of what has got me to where I am at this point. So it's something that it's always gonna be in my blood and just kind of how I operate for the rest of my life and everything.
Speaker 12: So yeah, said that he feels like you're prime for a breakout year.
Speaker 9: Why do you feel like that might be true?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think just you know, going into my third year here, like things are just coming smoother, like the way I see plays everything, Like as the years have gone on, it's gotten easy. I've been seeing plays better, uh, you know, and it's kind of like just taking it to the next level every year. So I think this year is going to be great for sure.
Speaker 8: You ever miss a meeting, you don't ever miss a meal, you don't ever miss a practice, you don't ever miss a rep. Yeah, when you spend the time that you kind of maybe wanted to and push through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think.
Speaker 5: I mean everyone here, you know, we get tired during those camp days. But again, you know, we're blessed to do this. We're blessed to come on this field every day. So you know, I would be dead wrong to miss out on something, whether it's a rep, a lift, or anything like that.
Speaker 9: So have you missed any practices in your whole careero?
Speaker 3: I haven't, No, no, sir.
Speaker 6: What you know, Chuck was saying that he feels like you're becoming a Bodifi pass rusher and in that aspect of your game, where do you feel this that you've made strives?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you know, going into my third year with Chuck, you know, I've learned so much from him, and you know, he's been a great coach. Just to pick his brain and have someone who's done it at the highest level and learn from him, I think again every year, I just think I'm getting better learning from him. And uh yeah, I think it's just again going to step it up and notch in the pass rush.
Speaker 6: What's been your impression of Adape Did you see him and you like fully crappy thrown?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, Adafa, you know, yeah, No, he's been a dog, so you know, uh yeah, it's good to see him, and uh, I think he's gonna have another a great year. That's a guy that you know, I've kind of looked up to since I got here.
Speaker 8: So Yeah, truck Smith with Tody and he said, everybody has to have a skill.
Speaker 10: What's yours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think mine's power. Like I'm not the the physical. I like coming off and you know, using my head a little bit and uh, bull rushing guys. So that's kind of my my staple right now. But then it's just building off of that. It's kind of my goal.
Speaker 8: So the way of actually caging the effectiveness effectiveness of that until the pads come on in training camp.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there a way to know if you're actually winning.
Speaker 3: As a power rusher? Yeah, in these early stages of the off PHAs, not really.
Speaker 5: No, it's a ot as without the pads, it's kind of hard to you know, judge that. But when once the pads come on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know you're close with Trent and Simpson.
Speaker 6: What have you seen from him this offseason and even handling last season?
Speaker 9: How that kind of played out for him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just another they're great offseason with him. I mean again, we were up here in the building all day. You know, we took our little two weeks at the end of the season, and then we were here for the whole summer. So uh yeah, just a guy who was again in here every day, working, getting better, taking care of his body.
Speaker 3: So I think he's gonna have a great year too.
Speaker 4: What's aboutream beyond just the hype being the second round thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, he's been a guy who's been very attentive at meetings and that's that's a big thing, you know, getting in and learning the playbook is unless you play fast. So he's been a guy who's been on that knows his stuff, and I think he's gonna be a baller for sure.
Speaker 11: It's basically your one for Lisa. After the injuries last year, I guess, how did you see him try to keep up even when dealing with injuries.
Speaker 9: And what difference have you seen it?
Speaker 5: Sorry witha dec Yeah yeah, I think you know again in his rookiear he had injuries and stuff, but and same with it decent now, you know, I see him getting treatment like recovery, doing recovery stuff, active recovery.
Speaker 3: Every day.
Speaker 5: He's in there doing yoga with me at the end of the thing. So I think he's he's learned how to take care of his body, and I think again he's gonna be a dog as well.
Speaker 1: And lastly, here's second year outside linebacker Adisa Isaac.
Speaker 12: Injuries were a factor in both just getting actimated of the team during the season. How has this offseason been different? How do you think that's gonna help you feel.
Speaker 9: To a successful year?
Speaker 13: Yeah? This this this year has definitely been way different than last year. Just uh feel a lot much fresher, you know, with all the rehab that I did last year, just get my body right this year and from the off season that the time we had off coming into this year, I feel like I took the right steps to be mentally and physically prepared for what's what's gonna happen in camp and throughout the season. So I'm definitely in a good spot now moving forward. I'm just excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Do you do anything different to make sure that nagging injury doesn't come back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 13: I just, you know, really just emphasized the the main injuries that I had, which was the hamstring, and really just uh took a deep dive on what's what's causing it, and then attacked the rehab and then attacked my off season workouts. And I'm feeling great, so you know, and that's that's kind of what I was driving for coming back and I'm just stacking and looking for good things.
Speaker 9: How challenging is that your rookie season.
Speaker 6: You know, you're going to the league, you're drafted in the third round, You're really excited, and then to have those kind of setbacks.
Speaker 9: How do you deal with that from mental perspective?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 13: It was definitely a tough you know, you know, getting on the biggest stage and then you know, having a couple of hiccups. But you know, adversity has just nothing new for me, and I feel like, you know, I'm I'm I'm the same undiadversity. You know, I just kind of attack it with with calmness and in a sharp mind. And I feel like, you know, tough, tough times don't last. So it's just as a matter of just putting my head down, putting the work in, and I know that, you know, sooner or later, I'm gonna come back on top. So it's just a matter of time. Yeah, you had.
Speaker 8: One hamstring injury and then a different hamstring injury in the other.
Speaker 13: Like right right that that happened a preseason game. That the second one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, is there any kind of you know, t J.
Speaker 6: Tampa also dealt with injuries last year, the rookie class, just some of you guys kind of dealt with his nagging things.
Speaker 9: Did you bond in any way with each other during that time?
Speaker 13: I mean we bonded the whole year. I feel like we had a we had a good class. We all very like minded, you know, came from similar places, you know, had similar stories, so we all bonded regardless. But that definitely, you know, put a more emphasis on it, you know, just pushing each other to come back, and you know, just talking about what we're gonna do, how we're gonna do it, and just get ready for the season, you know, and high high expectations.
Speaker 8: How have you leaned on a way for your no long time to kind of guide you through being a pro last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, I've I've played with always since since college, so I've known him for a while and even since college. You know, he was my host at Penn State, so you know, he's always been kind of like a big brother to me and just you know, kind of just showing me the way and showing me how to do things the right way. So it's been it's been amazing to end up here, and you know, be reunited with him and continue continue the journey through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what the outside linebacker room is like in that dynamic, A lot of young guys kind of hungry to make their mark.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Like I kind of said with my recruiting class, we was all we all like minded in our room. We have the same kind of mo how play style, so we kind of all get it. And then you know, the scheme fits us perfect. So it's just a matter of us going out there executing, being on the same page and you know, playing raven football.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you heard minutes you already.
Speaker 8: Talk about every pass rusher needing to have their own skills, Right, What's what do you look at to make your skill?
Speaker 3: My skill?
Speaker 13: I you know, I'm a lengthy and I have speed, so you know, combine that, you know with U h A lot of moves that complement that, and you know, just my effort and my will to to make things happen is is also going uh make make make it work. So but definitely using my length, my long arms, my speed to get around the edge, my my a lot of movements and just putting it all together and blending everything together and you know, but just make my name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is.
Speaker 11: It like to have a pass or specific coach like truck Smash And what are some name tap places you've learned from him during your time.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's been great, you know, just emphasis on like a lot of our stunt movements and like a lot of the details that you know a lot of other coaches might not focus on. You. We've emphasized that a lot, and you know, it's probably not gonna it's gonna show up, but it won't show up on the stat sheets. So it's something that's that's really important to our room and something that we really hone in on.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: As always, make sure you're subscribed and go over and check out the Lounge podcast, where myself, Ryan Ink, and Clifton Brown break down the biggest winners from Ravens OTAs over the past three weeks. That'll drop tomorrow morning. Thanks for listening. We'll be back with you next week. Ravens Mandatory Mini Camp