Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison and new He scrugs.
Speaker 2: Signal the hat is off to the half of it is on. Find your chair. Let's get ready, go to rock bottom down if you got it.
Speaker 3: We are here on the Players Last right here on the Dallas Cowboys Radio.
Speaker 2: Network on the Midcast Network. We're getting done. Heckma Harrison is here, Danny McCrae is here. He's frustrated with Barry Church.
Speaker 3: They we got a great argument that Dan got off.
Speaker 4: He frustrated, But not me because I know I can just look at the numbers and see.
Speaker 2: Man, I tell you what they do. Agree with you. This is Church. Come out on the field on left. We'll talk about this on the breaking. This is from Pittsburgh. Got Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: It's a valid argument, man. So anyway, what's up with you? Knew he got your TCU on to day? What's going you go to school today? That you go out to the campus.
Speaker 3: Actually today is the first day of the Executive NBA class that I don't.
Speaker 2: Have to work back. How you put that work in? Else? Know why he got that on? Huh? Because we didn't ran them about it at Pittsburgh, Sir. With that trust he got another school. Did you ever see the trustee? I did? Right, a trust man.
Speaker 3: Us Athletics, Warren Buffett Company. We have now upgrade with a validated go ahead Adidas okay D two Adidas school.
Speaker 2: Thank you very He ain't came back up in there. That's what I know. It never said trustee. Lie, oh, it didn't have trust girls. You know the flippers that these guys tell the darkness?
Speaker 3: Where is now the twenty third name of the Cowboys were talking about it here on the planers.
Speaker 2: Last the summer played the lottery dware you winning? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So this this you know earlier this month inducting the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and then this week finds out that he's going into the Cowboys Ring of Honor this year.
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 3: Feels more than deserved. And the unfortunate things. You have to remind certain Cowboy people what he did here because he won the Super Bowl with Denver. True, but the guys all time leading sack artist here in this franchise, and I'm sorry, some pretty good players and played in this uniform and won super Bowls and so to have that number, and he's all time retired, all time top ten in the NFL and sacks. So when I think of the Ring of Honor, Tamarcus Ware belongs there. And the fact that anybody's trying to push back, I find surprise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there there should be no pushback when you talk about the Marcus where you know, being in the Ring of Honor. I mean this guy, like you said, all time sacks leader here, and I know he did his work over there in Denver as well, winning a Super Bowl, But I mean the prime, the bulk of his career where he was doing the most work, where people are like, man, you got a fear number ninety four.
Speaker 2: It was here when he had a star on his helmet.
Speaker 5: And to me, it couldn't happen to a better guy, because even though he was a great football player, I think he was even better man because of what he did with those young guys coming in. No matter if you were a first round or if you were undrafted, he gave you his knowledge that he knew and he passed it on, So it couldn't happen to a better man.
Speaker 2: And I'm super happy for Dwaar.
Speaker 4: Yeah I didn't obviously never played with a Deware, but just knowing him as a person, one of the nicest guys you ever want to meet. Those Christmas parties that we used to have for the kids, they canceled them. They're coming back this shit though.
Speaker 2: Christmas parties.
Speaker 4: My son would always want to take a picture with Dwaar, and sometimes it would be after a massive loss and he see it was gracious enough to take the picture.
Speaker 2: Man, he's just a good dude. Yeah, man, cowboy.
Speaker 4: Ring of honor though, how that is a massive, massive honor for him as a player, and I'm sure one that he couldn't have seen coming. And it's just the people that are already in there, and just for him to be included in that, it just speaks about who he is as a player and the kind of numbers and reputation that he had in the NFL period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to Dwear everything, y'all said, great guy.
Speaker 4: He was my locker my locker mate, my rookie year, so taught me a lot made sure he took me under his wing to show me how to be a professional. So I got nothing but love for Dware and for all the people who, like you said, who are pushing back on dewear. He went to win a super Bowl and dinner and all that stuff, and in the entirety of his career here as a Dallas Cowboy player, it has never been mentioned or thought of of him being a reason why we haven't. Won't you look at it, be like, man, we got Deworld on the team we should be, and we owe it to him to then be able to get to that because you have.
Speaker 2: A player that great on your team. I e.
Speaker 4: Like Michael Parsons, you say, this is a time and that's a piece that you need to use to make sure that you maximize it while they're here, because you never know when you're gonna see another one again.
Speaker 2: So shout out to Dware and the fact that he did go to Denver. I was.
Speaker 3: I was at a Toys r Us on Christmas, even your neighborhood, and Dware, I'm there shopping. He happens to be there, and it's that point in time where he thought he was going to get cut and it was pretty sure. Then we're gonna bring it back, contract everything, and I said, you know you get enough job, right you say?
Speaker 2: And he was really he was that down.
Speaker 3: And I won't say he lost confidence, but it was just that moment of just trying to figure what's next because he knew what was coming. And I was like, hey, you go be Vine and he ends up going to Denver. Von Miller needed DeMarcus Ware because if you remember, earlier on his career, Vaughn had a couple issues.
Speaker 2: D Ware got Von to where he needed to be and I dare say.
Speaker 3: This Vn's Super Bowl fifty MVP and the performance he had was with and happened because of d Ware. And then when he ends up going to Los Angeles and he's around Aaron Donald. If you go look at the NFL Films video afterwards, you see Donald run up to Vaughn and say thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Come to find out through Vaughn's agent that Vaughn had spoken to Aaron Donald about needing to step up and understanding his talent and that you are not as good as you need to be. You got to go come give it to us. And that was from what d Ware taught him. And then I think about Iron Smith All decade player. When Tyrant's drafted the first round, ninth overall out of USC they had him working with where and he was showing him those ropes of what he needed to do, and he becomes an All decade player. So I just think the impact of what that guy when you talk about that's what ring of honor is.
Speaker 2: That was just what he did. It's what he did for other people.
Speaker 3: Along the way that made them champions or and or just some outstanding players. So I just think what you guys talked about him as a man and what he means. I mean, hey, Michael Parsons came in here, started working with him right out of the game.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's the man you called. You want to learn how to do it? You called DeMarcus Ware and he's around the facility too. But I want to go back to that Super Bowl fifty victory man the Denver Broncos was on cams and Von Miller, the way that his game transformed with DeMarcus where you could tell that was a lot of influence. So when you talk about that and the way that he transformed him, I think that that was you know very well illustrated from you because you saw the change in his game as soon as de Marcus got there. And and remembering that Carolina offense at that time.
Speaker 2: Stop one. They came there and beat up down, they beat up and.
Speaker 3: Was not good in that game. He didn't have much. In fact, Peyton had told the Marcus beforehand basically, I'm gonna give you what a.
Speaker 2: Guy and that ain't when I give you what I got, go get it done.
Speaker 3: And sure enough they did, and they wore out Reamers and the other tackles.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: But h what what what that defense did that day?
Speaker 4: They talk about this all the time on the players lounges Man offense went out there that didn't really give them much.
Speaker 2: Huh what the defense do for him to win? Run the ball? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Let your defense go out there and make those type of players. Can they score for you? Can they can they take the ball away for you?
Speaker 2: Yes? They can?
Speaker 4: When you're looking at a recipe for success, right and I say this, our quarterback is better than Peyton Manning was at that time. Our offense is better than Denver's offense was at that time. We should be able to do something based off the defense. When you look at this defense and you look at Denver's defense, you say, all right, Corparable, I like where you go. But that's when the pressure gets on, when you say, all right, well, if it doesn't happen, then will then what's the issue?
Speaker 2: Uncle Wayne's coordinated that defense.
Speaker 3: They was rolling, they were that was That was one of the I dare say this, And I really feel bad for Wade Phillips because that Rams team that lost to New England. And what Wade's fault, Well, he'll tell me that thirteen thirteen thirteen, he did his job. Wonder boy didn't do his job, and Wonder Boys quarterback didn't do their job. But thirteen points Hall of Fame Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to get that, supposed to win that one.
Speaker 3: For show point, I said, I'm glad Wade, you know, God is what different because what he did with the Ram I'm like, my goodness, gracious, that was one of the better performances from a coordinator've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so so, y'all, I mean, q's his time. Really you gotta get it going.
Speaker 4: He got it one like he be there, like he hasn't manufactured him a super Bowl winning out of a like that, right, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't his fault what Richard, I was there. I couldn't believe you mean you should have had three? Yeah? I should have three? Exactly? You up twenty eight to three? All right? Yeah? Coordinator who was a coordinator said should have had three? Can we can we get him? But can we give them number two away? Should look? They this is you know, I'm not I'm not a hype person. Not that's not what I eat it up to me. I got you, but.
Speaker 3: I did cover super Bowl team. I've seen what defensive talent looks like here. They're not what Jimmy's last team was here. Okay, they're not that, but they've got some really good impact pieces that can put you in a position to be good. We talked about Denver's unit, where you had where you had Vaughan, Your DB's back there between a key to leave Christy. They have some mean dbs. You have a good defensive team that should put you there. You played on a really good defensive team in Jacksonville that had them right there.
Speaker 2: You know. Oh yeah, that's why I want.
Speaker 4: To make sure we you know, we don't gloss over that like we have some impact pieces, but this and this.
Speaker 3: Okay, look when you talk about warts, right now, this is the wart.
Speaker 2: How do they fix the wart? It's a legitimate thing.
Speaker 3: And we haven't seen a preseason game with these guys out here all together to see exactly what it is they need to do.
Speaker 2: I spoke to I spoke to Tank Lord.
Speaker 5: Okay, related talk about wards and I'll get how great the defense he is. If you can't take care of the football, it's not gonna get done.
Speaker 2: No, not true.
Speaker 5: Peyton Manning, he might not have been painting from old but what did they do? They ran the football, take care of the football. We can't get this touchdowns, punt it off to the defense. Let them do the work. If we can't take care of the football here, I don't care. If you've got parsons, you got this. You got a whole on slot of defensive players, you're not gonna win the games.
Speaker 4: And when you have when you have a defense like that, and you can turn Peyton Manning into a glorified bus driver, it works simple for you. I think at this day and age, and especially with Dak getting hurt last year, I felt like he was pressing a lot through the season, hence the turnovers. I'm not gonna give him any excuses because I'm telling you I've ran Dak. I need AMMO for these haters right now, Okay, because I'm surround, I can't.
Speaker 2: Fight him off no longer. I need AMMO for these haters.
Speaker 4: And he has to make the plays when they're needed to be made. That San Francisco game, the one thing that keeps showing the same interception over and over, the one that hits number one hands and then it deflects to the linebacker, like, hey, two guys could have accepted that one pass. And we've seen the bad turnovers from Dak, but his career wasn't built on that. Nothing about who he has been in the league has been on oh, he's just a turnover machine. But we're gonna take that simple size, which this guy never lists me, take a simple size of anything other than just these turnovers for Dak right to say that, that's I'm just saying, you don't so to say that, that's what you talk about. That for the player, that's the player that he is, and I don't believe that's who he is. But this year he has to turn it, turn it around, especially with the defense that he has. And it's comfortable to that Peyton Manning Broncos team. It's comfortable to me to that Baltimore Ravens twenty thirteen team. When you just want to talk about def I'm talking about defense. Where with Flacco, with Flacco is all, what does he have to be? Just a glorified bus driver.
Speaker 2: Get it done. Put your defense out there, let them handle business. Joe was fantastic the postseason. Clarify, he was really fantastic post He's.
Speaker 4: He's talking about Barry. Okay, that's sample size. I said. Dak is not the interception guy. He got to protect the ball. But he's gonna be able to be different this year. Turk is the guy. Okay, he's the guy who yards about it.
Speaker 2: He just said it just.
Speaker 5: Because that's whatever. That's what we're doing here, that's what everybody's doing. I'm just not putting put why I see it.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 5: Last year they were greating points number one offensite. They turned the football over too much and for some reason, that all went on KM that all went on.
Speaker 3: My boy, Kelly Moore, don't got me. I don't see him get blasted on social media and networks.
Speaker 2: They I mean not even mentioning him. They're out there loving us. He moved on. That's why that was years. That was years in the vacant man. That was last year.
Speaker 4: Just I'm going to offer that the number one no, no, you make a valid point because Keller Moore had what the number one, number one offense in the red zone, number four and points, I mean everything statistical category that absolutely gets you another contract. It's stopped this key hole from working, could car from working around like me?
Speaker 2: I can't, Hey, Dan, let us in man.
Speaker 4: So the pressures on Mike McCarthy and that to that aspect. If it's the test, bro, it's the test.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Number one is stats, all that good stuff. We've seen that leak the league with five thousand yards and we looked at the team and was like that ain't it.
Speaker 2: So go with the stats. It's cool. Well, you know, and you're gonna see this ship. We gonna see. Make sure you check out the Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: Follow us on social media, Spotify, always online, Dallas Cowboys dot com. We're also on Twitter. Twitter's back up now so we're now running here. Let us dive into Who Needs to Shine Tomorrow and the Cowboys final preseason game against the Las Vegas Raiders and at and T Stadium with Danny Mccraihek Maharrison, Berry Church und Scrugs.
Speaker 2: This plays out about to.
Speaker 3: You Bytelstitoes on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 6: Ready once he uses the Cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Playmaker includes four.
Speaker 6: Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lipbomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker, tim bucks, free shipping.
Speaker 7: I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps a weight put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 2: For crypto pros, rookies.
Speaker 7: And anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trusted by millions, trusted by America's Team.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls for Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo me too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New Smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail Gay party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours. You can visit Cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Loud.
Speaker 4: Watch two of Texas best high school football team's face off in the third annual Jerry Jones Classics presented by Waterburger. The Rockhill Yellow je The rock Wall Yellow Jackets take on the Cedar Hill Longhorns on Saturday, August twenty sixth at one pm under the lights at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Get your ticket now at seat geek dot com. You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 2: All right, Hecma Harrison appreciate that Hekma is gonna be.
Speaker 7: On the call.
Speaker 2: Will suh? I will fivecorn ready? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You see me in my Saxy shirt. You know Saxy Football. It's my baby. He's gonna be on on v to night. But I gotta call the game tonight, so make sure I support man. You know he'd be wearing that green, So he'll be wearing that green. See you out there, talk about flying.
Speaker 2: You will forgive me, you will forgive me, You will forgive me.
Speaker 4: That's all I have to ask, Hey, that's my bfl give my baby, do that Jerry gonna make the call?
Speaker 2: Gonna let you go like Chris ba Yes, yes, maybe nick Nicky make the call? Lord please? Will not be something that they just called it. If she well, draft happens all the week. Well I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, draft happens on Thursday Friday.
Speaker 2: They tell her to come on down and get that make the Yeah, hot, Would you cry as much as Chris did? If I wouldn't, that would be no good. You know, I want to thank God.
Speaker 3: That that was one of the coolest draft moments I've ever seen, when when when Chris Bond got to make the call to his son.
Speaker 2: I mean I still get chills.
Speaker 3: Just watching that of just just that moment and then just having seen having seen Deuce uh play twice in person, just know, okay, this this this was a kid who because of his height, you know, had been you counted down and just all everything he just produced. Man, and then just the way they loved him at Kansas State. Just knowing that you know, this kid is gonna come here and have if if provided the opportunity to do the same things, and you know, the camp to all the people who were wanting to be right.
Speaker 2: It was just it's a great, cool story.
Speaker 3: And and by the way, we've all agreed right here on the players.
Speaker 2: Deuce is on the team.
Speaker 4: I think I think Dak agrees to Dak said he can't wait. I can't wait to see so, you know, so we don't. He doesn't need to shine.
Speaker 2: He good, good, he good.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, before we get in, who needs to shine tomorrow? Dak was asked by Clarence Hill to start telegram. How come he didn't get on the go fly with Cooks?
Speaker 2: What he said?
Speaker 3: He said, I needed a drink and it was too close to pregame, so I didn't. I didn't have a drink to going up there with him, So like I need, I need a drink to go do that.
Speaker 2: So he did not fly. That's somebody called the soul plane. See how that came down? He can't This is what speaking of the soul plane.
Speaker 4: Hey, y'all, y'all, y'all old cats bro paying attention to Kevin, don't get out that thing and you can run and race and do all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Get out there.
Speaker 4: Slip that on the soul playing reference. Okay, I don't think about how the way to get it in with the old schools and.
Speaker 2: That man toys at Duster, he's the TODs. How do you do that? Your ham and your abductor.
Speaker 4: By the way, he was raising the former l s U guy, Stephen Ridley, you know, the Patriots all that stuff. No, man, don't get I don't never get a twisted man. Don't worry about me.
Speaker 2: I'm good trying to race.
Speaker 3: Greg Gallows was trying to get folks to sign up for the church basketball game, the little three on three tournamented church and and uh Clarence Hills a deacon there with with Greg Gallois and and uh chilst I'm not gonna pull no handstrings for the Lord.
Speaker 2: I agree with having no kneeds no third So who needs? Who needs to shine tomorrow against the Raiders? Is Mizi Smith playing tomorrow? I hope? So? Yeah, Why wouldn't he? That's it.
Speaker 4: Y'all been hearing me, y'all been hearing me this whole time. That's the only thing I want to see.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: One, if we're saying, if we're saying that he needs more reps, he needs to figure out how to use his technique more than just his strength and God given ability. Then the best way for you to get that is in live game reps against competition that is not your teammates, as guys who are out there trying to make some money and get their spot on the roster, so you're gonna get one hundred percent of what they got. I want to see mis Smith make a step forward. I want to see it don't have to be everything's perfect. I want to see that he is understanding that technique is a little bit more important for him right now than it was back when he was at Michigan. All Right, That's all I want to see, because I really believe wholeheartedly that if this defense is going to be like what we spoke about in the show who was was It Wolf? Who was THEO?
Speaker 2: It was Wolf?
Speaker 4: If they're gonna if they're gonna be what we want them to be, you gotta be able to stop the.
Speaker 2: Run and not the whole game.
Speaker 4: But we need you to make some of those plays in those big time moments third and one, third and third and one, right, fourth and one, you know, third, second and six, and then making it third night because you canna stop them in the back. Some of those type of players. I ain't talking about sacks. We know we got that. I want to see somebody be able to get in there insure up that gap that we've been talking about for the last few years. Yeah, my man Monzi was drafted for the situation that fourth and one that you talk at third and one you're talking about. We took a lot of gashes in the running game from Philly and from the forty nine ers. So I really this this segment should be should be labeled, you know, Tucky.
Speaker 2: Chain or wear it in the rain. You know who is the authentic article and who is fake?
Speaker 4: Because we're trying to figure out who's gonna who's gonna load up, who's gonna go.
Speaker 2: With us right now?
Speaker 4: And it's those third and fourth level guys that we still have question marks around. And look, I know that April fourth this year when we signed Hankins, I think that solidified what.
Speaker 2: We were looking at in the defensive line.
Speaker 4: Quinn, guys like bo Hannah that are gonna be behind Hankins. That to me, it solidifies what we need in our one tech to gobble up blocks and allow our linebackers to run downhill. Mazie didn't look good. There's no other way to put it. He didn't look good in practicing one on ones the bull rush all that. That's fine. He showed a little bit of his immaturity with the comment that he made I just like to head people.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 4: All right, let's say, let's ask the young man to grow up, and maybe this year is going to be a learning process for him. It may be the all of those things that you're asking him to do. He can be that for us maybe later in the season, because right now it don't look like jaylober No, no, no, if he is. If he is, maybe the same rules will flock.
Speaker 2: You're giving up first rune when you lose. Heck, that's real.
Speaker 4: No, you know, I see I thought I put a bow on that, bro.
Speaker 2: Did it sound like I was?
Speaker 4: I've lost That sounds like you're read certain the guy.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's gonna be.
Speaker 4: A guy who can do that for us in the future, not the immedia future, but later off of like next year future. So let me say this, like, he's not Aaron Donald yet, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. And this is the thing.
Speaker 4: When I start talking about a guy like Aaron Donald, who is an oddity because he's an inside pass rusher. All right, we're not gonna ask him to be that same piece in our defense, and so.
Speaker 2: Right, but what what is it?
Speaker 4: He's getting reached, he's getting misplaced, misplaced, he's getting turned.
Speaker 2: Those are the things that you cannot have happen.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like you, man, I'm gonna be looking at number fifty eight tomorrow seeing what he does.
Speaker 2: I don't know, red shirt, he ain't gonna gonna be.
Speaker 5: But for my dude, I need to have a good game. It's not for him to make the team. I feel like he's already on the team, but to get a bigger role. And that's Marquis Bell. You know, after we saw or the reports out there that he's gonna go down there and play a little bit of linebacker as well, kind of that hybrid safety role. But if he's able to go down there and dominate, or if he's able to go out there and show out maybe this game and then you know, he gets a little bit more reps in that first regular season game. If he's able to ball out, they can carve out a nice little niche for him because we know the two safeties they already got paid.
Speaker 2: Youre talking about Wilson, you talking about what they getting paid. Curse. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on with the whole year. Gart What I'm saying guarantee the whole year. So we'll see what happens. But if he goes out there and balls out, he can carve himself a nice little role on this defense and hopefully in the future he can ball out as well.
Speaker 4: Who is it safety that went to play that position? Move down a little bit for Mark Mark Barron. Can you watch the tape on Mark Barron and say, hey, he's paid off of that too. Yeah, and let's see, let's see if you can play that role because he was he was effective when they moved them me because he was effective they found in these form and he went out there and you know, he did what he's supposed to do. So if that's the role that you were thinking of, you know, Bill getting down there to play, then you know, if he could be that, then that success and especially the reports that you've been hearing about dan Quinn adding linebacker responsibilities to what he does and he already see that he plays along the line of scrimmage. But your run curse and him are kind of becoming one A and one B really close and what they what they do. I think the bigger question is can he cover tight ends. If that's the biggest question mark that then he's going to get that answer throughout the season. But I want to include I got Neville Gallimore because because y'all been talking about Neville Gallamore, Nevill Galamore, y'all been throwing him in there. I started off talking about Chauncey Golston, So I think it's the combination of those two players and where the Dallas Cowboys feel like they are.
Speaker 2: So that's where I was going to go.
Speaker 3: Golston, Gallimore, Bohannah, this group these three guys, you know, who makes his team?
Speaker 2: So that that's going to be very interesting.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to keep Junior for Hoko uh one of dan Quinn's guys that they drafted. But but looking here, and that was kind of even when we were in camp, just looking at r between Gallamore and Bohanna.
Speaker 2: Goldston, Who's who's gonna make it? Right now? Who do you who do you have leading the charge on that?
Speaker 3: Honestly, man, I I I don't know I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I would love to see guy because I feel like he flashed, like he got the juice.
Speaker 2: It's just a consistency hasn't been there.
Speaker 5: And it's just like man like Garrett always says, you can't be a flash in the pan type of player. You know that'll get you, I'll get you gone the injury injury.
Speaker 3: I'm leaning I think maybe Bohannah makes it if I'm choosing one between the three. But he said, this is they got another test. It's another test we'll see. This is a testament to Will McClay and what they have built here that you can take two guys that you've drafted and they may not make this team. Right now, by the way, take a break or second break, one player who's going to be here. Some fans may not like it, but I'm telling you right now, Mike McCarthy basically for casts.
Speaker 2: This player's gonna be here when you like it or not. Do that next, right, hell of players. I just brought to you by Tostitos.
Speaker 3: On Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio Network.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with us II and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweet berries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory Peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King. The official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I want to use the cowboys locker rooms favorite products. Check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping. The Playmaker includes four Jack Black skincare favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lipbomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker ten bucks free shipping.
Speaker 7: I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy sell and trade crypto, whether you always on the go or stay closer to home. Blockchain dot Com is just a few taps a weight put the power of crypto in your pocket, So no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For cryptopros, rookies, and anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes.
Speaker 2: It easy to own a piece of the future.
Speaker 7: Blockchain dot Com Trust it by Millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tools is the the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package Today.
Speaker 2: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 3: Now, he scrugs, right here, all the players lounge with the two players former Cowboys sat these guys. Yeah, yeah, these guys, David Craig, Barry Church Harrison's But you know, yes, yes, yes, Toledo's on rocket. They are favored to win the West in the back action Toledo versus Illinois. Let's keep an eye out on this thing. Hey, look, I'll say this for your school. I'll say this next year. The highest ranked group of five you getting in the playoffs, So you may want to pay your dues. So when when your team.
Speaker 4: Is you can jump up in the Toledo Georgia right right, come on, you ain't going that game? Are you gonna be the sweep Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Have you paid your dues? That was going on working over there? All right?
Speaker 3: Raiders Cowboys tomorrow final preseason game. Kelton Joseph is making this team, and I know he gets fans have things to say at times about his play, and I understand. Have to watch training camp, I know, and he's like number one giving up another touchdown. A lot of folks, a lot of folks is putting up points on Number one out there. But he's going to be a part of this team. Mike McCarthy constantly talks about position flex. He loves the fact that Kelvin could play inside outside, playing the slot, and he is earning his keep on special teams. You of all people Danny have preached and talked about the importance of special teams.
Speaker 2: We know C. J. Goodwin is in one category alone by himself.
Speaker 3: But then after that you start talking about importance of special teams, and I talked about the bunter and the kicker and then lost time. Kelvin Joseph has shown he brings value to this team on special team.
Speaker 2: He's the second best guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, easily when you when you're going down the roster of guys like I don't really me, I don't believe that when you look at Kevin Joseph, even McCarthy like, he's gonna be on the squad. So then you have to keep his confident confidence up to say, all right, if people do go down, he's on the right. He's gonna have to get in there and play and be you know, service, but his main road is going to be on special teams. And you got CJ. Goodwin and then you got kel Man Joseph, and then it goes down the list for a fossil. Right, he's like, hey man, what what four guys do you need? The top two or C. J. Goodwin and Kelvin Joseph. All right, and then you got to figure out the other core guys. So I've always always been of the belief that Kelvin Joseph is going to be on the roster as long as he continues to show up on special teams. And that's what he did, and shout out to him because that's that's his thing. Now he can be CJ.
Speaker 2: Gooding. I'm like, Mayn, how many years did you play in the league? Twelve?
Speaker 4: And I was a special teams guy making a million dollars a year sometimes two, right, And that's if that's what it is for you, then that's what it is. And I'm I'm I'm happy for the guy because that means he understands what where's bread is buttered?
Speaker 5: Look, I understand like you see, like Danny McCrae said, I mean, you got two casts, the stars of your special teams, and you can tell by the position they're put in. If you're a gunner on the other side, that means you're one of the top dogs. If you're a five on kickoff, it means you're the middle to kickoffs to kickoff grouping, and you're one of the fastest guys down there.
Speaker 2: You're a star on special team so he's gonna make it.
Speaker 5: When you talk about Kelvin Joseph, last year, he had a lot of things going on off the field, you know, and that was his first year in the NFL, A lot of stuff off the field. Can he he was you know, he was rapping, He had that you know, legal troubles, all that good stuff you can kind of throw a damper on what you got going on in the field. This year, we haven't heard much about him off the fields, and hopefully he's focusing in on his job and what he needs to be doing. And like we said, he's made plays on special teams, so he knows where his his his bread is being buttered.
Speaker 2: Now can he make the transition and get better on defense?
Speaker 5: I've seen a little bit you're talking about you're talking about preseason games. You've seen a little bit. He's been a little bit more sticky in coverage. He hasn't been having as many penalties as he had out there his rookie year. So, hath do you think He's one of those guys that maybe it takes a little bit of time to get going, and hopefully he's found his footing.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, you know what I love it when y'all do this, because what y'all do is y'all put that butter on and then when the season started, y'all roast him again.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what you do.
Speaker 4: You roast him again, because then it starts coming down to where you're drafted. Oh and you're just a special teams player. That wasn't what the vision that they had in their head for Kelvin Joseph, And y'all gonna remember that at a certain point in the season, y'all gonna remind everybody that's him. He listen the difference between what I said and what Church said. I didn't say nothing about seeing on off, seeing the attorney camp that he's playing better on at the cornerback.
Speaker 2: I just say nothing. I know, I said, I know specifically what his role is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Churt's over there giving him. We might need to put him back out there. I come by what I see. What has to happen for Kevin Joseph to get in there and play defensive back.
Speaker 2: What has to happen on the defense? Might got get injured? How many? How many? I say, just one? He's just one. He looking at he's price. He's your number six going Yeah, it's who one of them Blander or or Jay Logo. Now that's two they both play Nicole Man, Are you sure they both? So you're talking.
Speaker 3: He's not playing j right, and he got Scott and then then it's him who Scott.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kevin Joseph is down.
Speaker 4: He might not even be getting rips out there on a scout when they when they practice that for that. But I'm gonna say this right, so moving him inside to Nickel, I think he's been better. And I'm gonna ask you, man, because I feel like a guy that for Kevin Joseph came from L s U and Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Playing man coverage a guy to get up on you and want to be physical. Now they're saying that he's having well. John Owning and Pro Football Focus wrote an article talking about him playing off coverage and how that's better suited him now that he can just drive on the ball versus trying to be more physical at the line of scrimmage. Is that just little technical thing that change has made the difference for him as a player and maybe made him your second string Nickel?
Speaker 5: I mean to me, I just think he his body type and his play style is better suited for a nickel. Okay, when you're out there on the island by yourself on the outside, and you got bigger guys that are usually gonna go against you're going against the A. J. Greens, you know, Julio Jones, big guys that we've seen can just win fifty fifty balls out there, and I don't think that suits him. And like you said, when you get up in that press coverage, you gotta be a physical guy.
Speaker 2: You gotta be able to put hands on people.
Speaker 5: And people have been kind of washing him to the side when he gets press coverage out there. But when he's in that nickel and he's off and he gets to see everything, I think he becomes a better defensive player in that regard.
Speaker 2: Our hair said he's strong as battery act. That's strong. So hold on.
Speaker 4: You said he can't press. I ain't say he couldn't. Proud people saying he don't when he gets in there. He's been having trouble on press technique and he's better with off. So what happens on thirty three third two?
Speaker 2: Got to get play six?
Speaker 5: See nickel, really don't because pressed like that because you don't want to get rubbed out.
Speaker 4: A lot of stacks against teams that play man and man coverage. Depending on down the distance, you might you might have to get in there. And I'll tell you what if you press and nickel and you get beat off the line, Yeah, I'm gonna play all technique and try to drive on some nigga on a scene right on you like you gotta be taking that is That's why Orlando Scandrin got paid so many times because the nickel position is probably one of the hardest positions for you to play because you got to know route concepts.
Speaker 2: You got to understand and be able to feel those.
Speaker 4: Route concepts, and you gotta be able to press and playoff. And that's at five not the usual seven yards. Like you got to have everything to play nickel. That's why Durrun playing he has a special talent for being able to play nickel, and Jordan Lewis has a special talent for being able to play nickel. You have to you gotta be you have to have those special techniques and skills to be able to do that. And nobody's forgot about the Zay Jones game Jacksonville. It's that's still it's still tape out there. So I mean, if you just want to go back to the tape, it's still out there. So that time consistency in proof. It's in the water. Make a million dollars a year, Bro, a million plus.
Speaker 3: He's a special team who is one of the last dbs. It's one of your last corners that's out there. I'm long since stop expecting him to be a corner that's playing significant snaps for the Cowboys because he was drafted as a number two, you know, second round draft pick that both sailed for me.
Speaker 2: This guy's a special teamer who they like.
Speaker 3: He's he's there as a corner and you know, if they got to put him in, they got to put him in. But they have went out and got other players like a Iran Bland who they took in the fifth round, who led the team and picked last year.
Speaker 2: These guys have surpassed him, but he's still on the team.
Speaker 3: They're not cutting a guy, right, They're not cutting a guy who they spit that kind of hot.
Speaker 2: When's the last time they cut a dude they took.
Speaker 3: In the second round three years in and done it forever. So he's gonna be here. He's found a role, be clear special team's difference maker. When you say he's a difference maker one not just not just the guy.
Speaker 2: So so he's there. I live with it for this year, for this year.
Speaker 3: Next year, we'll see if he has to get out there and play I saw, I saw camp.
Speaker 2: It could be it could be out.
Speaker 4: But that room is crowded, don't That room is crowded, extremely crowded.
Speaker 3: And if he you know, tomorrow, tomorrow, if he makes a couple of plays, make it, make people feel good, make me make you feel good.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the corners, what they're gonna do with the nickel position right now? Like like, so are they gonna be rotating?
Speaker 2: Is it? Or somebody specific? Is Jay Lou even healthy? That's is he? He says he's He says he's good.
Speaker 3: So so you know this is this is what and Dan Quinny trust That's how I.
Speaker 5: Look at that one, because he got a nice price tag on for especially if he's not gonna start What do you mean in terms of like you think he mean I be here. I mean, it's just he's gonna be here because I mean he's gonna because you need corners. But it's one of the last time you've seen you know, a five minute was it five six million dollars?
Speaker 2: Back up, Nickel, you haven't.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be here. And it's seventeen. And at seventeen season, where we've seen guys get hurt as much as we like Gilmore were the top four oldest starting corners in the game. I mean, you you you gotta have death. You needed the death last year, so I don't see I mean, all right, you cut this guy. Somebody else gonna pick him up, paid price tag. I mean, they're gonna do it in.
Speaker 2: This league, oh man.
Speaker 3: And if you think you had the kind of defense you want, you were including him in this Jordan Lewis is in the conversation about you trying to have a good I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we walked about well, we got too many gus, I have too much fit, we got too much pitchy, we got too many corners. But you hear your but you're paying that man.
Speaker 5: Though I could see he was making why Anthony Brown last year he wasn't making six Anthony Bryan.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that what happened?
Speaker 3: And the last year so you said that, okay, so Zay Joe, we saw Jay Jones do this thing like that.
Speaker 5: That's what so all masking. I'm not saying that you get rid of the guy. All I'm saying is you can paying a little guy a lot of ducats to be at to be a backup. Okay, that's that's good. That's good, that's good business.
Speaker 2: That's what they paying it all five million back up? That about is he on the final year? Is final?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because three years? Do you think he gets set out? You know? You know, my man, Adam.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying that, that's what I'm thinking of. I'm like, do you talk to him saying you might need to take a haircut?
Speaker 2: Option? You got to getting the options because I mean, it's that's I'm just saying. If you especially if you're not starting, you got five how long they give you, d they give you? Came out, you walk room there, you want to call you got me? I don't know, that's just trying to take people money.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying. I'm I'm talking about it as a whole. We were talking about this position. The nickel position is value position.
Speaker 5: You got a guy that's a heck of a lot cheaper, that's making plays and playing right.
Speaker 2: Why can't we have both? Because what is he going to say, Jerry Money, why are you trying to say saying that your started what you going through with Jay?
Speaker 4: Like? What? No? I mean, it's a serious decision to make, and I think teams do it all the time. They go with the youth and the less expensive guy, especially if they're doing the same thing. I mean, we're not even talking about Eric Scott, your draft pick that if he's doing the same thing that Kelvin Joseph can do on special teams or we don't have proof of that. We don't know if he can. But does that does that mean anything to you?
Speaker 2: Uh Na?
Speaker 4: Sean Wright, we had he hadn't played a couple of games because I believe ankle injury or whatever he's dealing with. But there's some decisions that you have to make. There is Israel Mukuomo. He's a flex guy that goes from safety and corner as well. There's there's still a lot of decisions to be made. And I'm with you too on this. You can't have enough of them. You're gonna need them, You're gonna use them. But a five million dollar backup hey and He's a good don't get me wrong, like if you were losing a ball.
Speaker 5: When we first saw him out there, he was a ball guy, all over the force and fumbles doing all our gud stuff.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying, if.
Speaker 5: You can't beat out dun Bland, I mean, it's a conversation.
Speaker 3: So when you say beat out, it's not as though they were both out here training camp and we saw them go ahead.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, it was hurt. You've got four corners that you can feel real good about. This is true. I'm not about to sit up here and try and cut salary on. I'm gonna need. I'm goad. History shows you you're gonna need these guys. I'm not messing with it.
Speaker 3: If I think if I think I have the team that I that I think I do, and I think that you could you know, they're talking like they can go to Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: I'm not touching it. So what Okay? So all right, dude, you got over them.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, you jered you You're gonna be okay, do it and go another sponsor being you know, official the official sock sponsor, official wrench organization and make.
Speaker 2: Up for that new he's on the building fund for your church. Get go, get your church.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Put that money.
Speaker 4: Come on, why are you trying to save Jerry money?
Speaker 2: You got it? Wow, I'm okay. So Monday, do you expect to see him here? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, because there's been no talks about it, know nothing. I expect him to be here and his price tag will probably be the same.
Speaker 2: It's just that's that's all I say. Healthy the hefty stuff.
Speaker 4: Dad for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I expect him at his price. Yes, expect you to be here this price. I do. There's no conversation about it.
Speaker 4: So if he's healthy right now, like he says he isn't, I expect him to be here at his price. If he wasn't healthy then then maybe then maybe you had that conversation. But if he's healthy now, I.
Speaker 3: Think in the show on this nugget, I did ask Mike McCarthy about ric O'Donell in the in the Punk getting blocked in. He said, you know, three previous ones before he had no issues.
Speaker 2: He's normally good.
Speaker 3: He said, he just let him go inside, and you know you can't let let the guy slide inside and he said, you know, learning moment for him.
Speaker 2: He'll get better better from it.
Speaker 3: So so Mike, Mike, Mike felt like it was a brain fart and then he would be okay.
Speaker 4: So that was probably good that he saw it because he knows now, he knows, knows one thing to tell you about it in the meeting room, another thing for you to get out there.
Speaker 2: And it happened to you. So there you go, all right? He how good weekend man.
Speaker 3: I will look forward to seeing the fifty final fifty three Sunday when they when they unvailable. Danny Craye appreciate you, Barry Church on tape.
Speaker 2: Folks, money and need to be had.
Speaker 3: Salary, salary cat Barry cat Man, cat man, Very Church.
Speaker 2: In front office pretty soon. Yeah, I don't talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 4: H