Speaker 1: Here we go again, another brand new episode of Your Second Date podcast. Welcome to it. It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Uh, and today we got I don't know what it is about. It's about something. It's about dating gone wrong, that's what it's about.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Isn't that what they're all about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay, just as.
Speaker 1: A general rule, brock all right, But we'll reflect on yesterday's which was the update Update where we got the euro dating couple to check back in. Apparently they've linked up with some of our listeners from our comment section. Yeah, I don't know if I was on YouTube. I believe and are going to visit them, which is wild.
Speaker 3: It is wild because I think they're gonna be in for shock because we've got someone saying I'm Norwegian and this is not what we do well as a European.
Speaker 1: Goodness me, watch the language you're up? Okay, Yeah, we agree.
Speaker 3: And introduced kind of but hell no and European blah blah blah, just a lot, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, still not on board for it.
Speaker 3: Nobody offering to meet up with them yet, which is strange.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say it's the first ever that I want an update, update, update, Yeah, get back from the trip to Norway. Yeah, that is what we need alright. Ever, Yeah, we're gonna try to do that, but first, let's listen to this brand new episode starts right now, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Second date Update.
Speaker 5: When you meet someone in real life at a party, it's actually kind of nice because you two aren't the center of attention.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's usually like a friend of a friend who introduces you. You get to chat for a minute, feel each other out. It's low stakes, yes, But in this case, apparently our listener Logan met someone at a different kind of party, not like a birthday party or a house party. I really hope that you're not gonna say furry party, because then we're gonna have to make this a podcast exclusive. Logan, But what kind of party was it that you met this woman at?
Speaker 6: It was a divorce party.
Speaker 1: A divorce party, isn't that like the opposite of a wedding shower?
Speaker 7: Basically, you know, one of my friends from work was getting divorced and she invited a bunch of people, actually from the office, which I would never invite my work colleagues to that, but she did.
Speaker 4: She wanted us to come.
Speaker 3: What do you do you like a bachelorette party, Like you go out and where a sash that says like just divorced.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like celebrating being an eligible receiver.
Speaker 5: Okay, So okay, your work friend invited you over to this divorce party she was having and I met someone.
Speaker 6: Yes, the lady who was getting divorced.
Speaker 7: I met some of her friends and one of them was Aimly and we really hit it off.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I mean, I would guess there'd probably be quite a few single people at a divorce party.
Speaker 5: It is an interesting dynamic because you're celebrating a relationship ending while at the same time starting a brand new one. Look to looking to right in front of their face.
Speaker 8: Well, I wonder what's the room like, because most married people are friends with other married people, so.
Speaker 1: Is it a lot of married That's why she invited the coworkers.
Speaker 5: What was it like hanging out with Ainsley at the party?
Speaker 6: You know, we hung out twice one time at the party and we were actually we were going back and forth laughing about the burn box.
Speaker 3: Which burn box, Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's basically like a little fire where you literally torch all the photos from the divorced girl's wedding.
Speaker 8: Oh, I feel like this has been a thing. I've heard about this.
Speaker 5: Okay, thousands and thousands of dollars worth of photography up in flames.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's an interesting way to meet someone. Are you like, so, do you still do you still believe in love?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: My god?
Speaker 6: You know we're selling the possibility of fresh new love.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know we were.
Speaker 6: They started playing all these breakup songs. We were dancing. We actually kissed at the party.
Speaker 9: Okay, I mean divorces in the mood, you know, Brook says, So, okay, you got to kiss at the party.
Speaker 5: That's nice, and then you were able to do another date.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So actually when we met up for our date, I just I could not get this woman out of my mind. I just I went in for it and I kissed her again and it was great.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's bold.
Speaker 8: And she liked it, yes, like flap you afterwards or something or push you away?
Speaker 6: I mean she was into it. She kissed me back, and we went on our date, grabbed some ice cream, and we went back to my place and watched some Netflix.
Speaker 1: Okay, when did she leave?
Speaker 6: Let's just say, it was a pretty long Netflix chill.
Speaker 5: Sasha, you watched a multi part docu series. Okay, that's for me, that's a fifteen minute session. I'm assuming it's the same for you.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's even a little bit too Yeah.
Speaker 5: I really had to get my energy drink going on for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just saying it definitely blasted a little longer than that. But and it was a great time. But now she's not really answering my text messages, and I have no idea why.
Speaker 1: I mean, it sounds like when you talk about her, you sound giddy.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it's a creepy getting in a good way, is what.
Speaker 8: Yes, you want some poun and kisser.
Speaker 1: I know, you just sound excited, like that's like a really big bummer that she wouldn't be calling you back.
Speaker 8: I mean, if I'm in your position, I'm so bummed. You have like two magical experiences with this girl.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm bombed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's on the phone with us.
Speaker 5: Okay, that makes sense. Well, well we're gonna do our job for you. We'll come back and call this woman and figure out why she doesn't want to hang out with the guy who can go more than fifteen minutes in a Netflix session. I know more than That's amazing, sixteen minutes, the braggered in the room. We'll do it with your second date update right after this hold on Brooke.
Speaker 2: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Second date updates.
Speaker 5: Nothing says true love like burning someone else's old wedding photos in a fire. Ah, that's how our listener Logan met Ainslie at a mutual friend's divorce party. Yeah, and who would have thought putting the final dagger into someone else's dying marriage could ignite a brand new romantic fire in your life.
Speaker 1: But I mean, here we are.
Speaker 8: It's almost meant to be.
Speaker 5: Jeff almost, But that flame has dimmed significantly since their Netflix and chill sash. That lasted well over fifteen minutes, as we've learned. So what's really going on? Is she actually in a secret marriage? Is she really three children standing on each other's shoulders in a trench coat? I'm just saying anything is possible. Are you open to possibilities, Logan, I'm open, okay, even if it's three kids, I'm open, okay.
Speaker 1: I will say, maybe you're looking for a relationship and she wasn't. Is My only thought, like she's at a divorce party. She's probably not in the mindset thinking boyfriend, that's right.
Speaker 8: Great, I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, we didn't have that conversation per se, but.
Speaker 6: She was I seem to be pretty open to meeting people in my opinion.
Speaker 5: The way you said that, does she want to meet any people? Seriously though, that's the real.
Speaker 1: Question you're about to find out.
Speaker 5: Let's find out if she even answers the phone. I'm a dollar number right now. We'll see if Ainsley picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Ainsley?
Speaker 4: This is Ainsley.
Speaker 5: Hey Ainsley. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Hi Ainsley, good morning guys.
Speaker 5: You guys got to speak up too.
Speaker 8: It just sounds like it's just me and Jeff here.
Speaker 5: We're having fun here. Some of us are having fun.
Speaker 1: Some of us are welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: This is a segment we do. It's called a second Date Update and mister Jeff more information. You got it. So this is a segment where we try to help listeners who've been out on a date with somebody and afterwards they're not getting a call back. We can step into try and help them figure out if there's a reason why. Okay, I don't think she's getting.
Speaker 1: It, Brooke, you have to tell her who called.
Speaker 5: Oh this is about a guy named Logan that you recently went out with.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I get it now.
Speaker 1: Yes, you met him at the divorce party. Yeah, which is a wild place to meet somebody.
Speaker 4: Huh, Yes it is, Yes, it is.
Speaker 5: Okay, but as wild as it was, it seemed to work out because you two met up for a date. From the sounds of it, I walked through the park, some ice cream, some Netflix, Yes we did.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, So you sound excited like you're smiling or embarrassed. No, I don't know. Am I reading that right?
Speaker 4: Or my face is definitely a little red right now. In the beginning, I was feeling the same way. I was feeling very strongly about him.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, that was the beginning. But what changed.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he told you about our second hangout. I don't know. You know, it's.
Speaker 5: Basically the recap that I gave you that you met up, You went to your walk through the park, you guys had ice cream together, went back to his place to watch Netflix and et cetera. Things happened, good things.
Speaker 1: He didn't say that he said there was a kiss.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm trying not to go into too much graphic detail about what he told us, But he didn't tell us anything, right, it felt pretty graphic. One.
Speaker 1: The guy told us nothing. He just said he had a nice evening with you.
Speaker 5: But the way he said it was like nice in a good way.
Speaker 4: Well it was. But I don't know if he told you about a conversation that we had while we were watching a movie.
Speaker 5: And you were not aware of that conversation.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I think he tried to compliment me, because he was. He was giving me a lot of compliments. But at one point he said that I'm just so used to hanging out with intense gym girls and I'm so glad you're not that.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, intense jim girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So I mean, yeah, you could jump to the conclusion that that may be backhanded, like you don't work out, But like that's not obviously what someone would mean.
Speaker 5: What do you think he meant?
Speaker 4: It did seem genuine, So I was trying to hear him out, and I really think he meant it in a kind way. But then he kept going and he said, I just want to be with a girl who I can share dessert with and who likes a little sweet treat. Listen, He's not wrong, But to me, I'm like, oh, he's just like hanging out with me because I'm this girl who likes the movies and ice creams and cookies and cakes, and like that's it.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad girl to be. That's a girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just it just felt a little off, And I've held off texting him back because I'm like, that didn't feel great.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought he would be really bummed to hear you took it that way.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm sure he would be upset to know he upset you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we can know that for sure because he is on the other line of this phone call, listening and waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Yes, I am here, and I just want.
Speaker 2: To make it clear, like that was totally a compliment.
Speaker 6: I enjoy that about you.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, maybe we don't double down immediately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wasn't even listen. This is super embarrassing. I didn't know you were on the line.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been here the whole time.
Speaker 5: But logan, you hear what she's saying, like how she read what your comment was.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sorry you took it that way. I just wanted to say, like I've been with Jim girls in the past. Who Yes, these meal plans that they're on, they're just so exhausting. It's like chicken and veggies all the time. So I you know, I am enjoy someone I could go out with and grab ice cream with and have a cheap meal and it's it's nice.
Speaker 5: Is that a compliment? Yeah, it's like someone being like my only date models.
Speaker 8: It's so refreshing to not date a perfect person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you expect?
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't have a perfect body and eat all the things, like you don't get it.
Speaker 5: All all right? You don't have to say it to their face.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like my men with a little bit of you know, stopping to.
Speaker 8: Grab on to like a little maybe.
Speaker 5: I mean, Ainsley, how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 4: I'm a little embarrassed, But I believe him. I know he's he there's no meanness behind what he's thing, but it's still kind of like, oh, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Feel I feel really bad about this. Can I send you like a cookie bouquet or something to your place? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I like things other than dessert.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think he's trying to be funny, like that was supposed to be a joke, right.
Speaker 2: I mean when we were at the divorce party, like, there were a lot of really good treats.
Speaker 6: There, you know, we were.
Speaker 2: Having some of the cookies that they had there, and you were going to town. You seem like you really enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I love them too.
Speaker 2: They were so good.
Speaker 8: No, yes, that makes it feel better.
Speaker 1: I think just a general rule is that we just don't comment on what people eat. Maybe a good.
Speaker 8: Rule their own diet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean what's the fun with that though?
Speaker 1: It sounds like the type of situation where you just order the fries and then you see what happens.
Speaker 5: You know, and don't say anything.
Speaker 1: About don't comment on how many you've taken.
Speaker 2: Don't y Yeah, yeah, I could completely do that. Would that make you feel comfortable?
Speaker 6: Like if I order fries in front of you, it.
Speaker 9: Comes out so weird, you know what.
Speaker 4: Maybe we don't talk about I don't think yeah.
Speaker 1: Stands okay, but that that sounded like potential future.
Speaker 5: Let's not talk about food anymore. Let's just talk about the possible ability of YouTube meeting up for another date, because if Ainsley is open to it, we would pay for that second meet up.
Speaker 1: Give card to the Cheesecake Faction.
Speaker 8: If you want.
Speaker 5: I don't know, We'll find something that works for you, Ainsley. But what do you think giving it one more shot with Logan?
Speaker 4: I appreciate all the effort he's gone to to contact me. Yeah, that's why I'm open to doing something else besides eating with him.
Speaker 1: She could be so self colledgious.
Speaker 2: So no, this is like the best news I've gotten all day. And I'm honestly a guy that likes a sweet tree too. So hey, you know, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, just order it and get two spoons yourself.
Speaker 5: And if refreshing for Ainsley, did not have to go out with those super jim Bro models too, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, into the pot. Wait what do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Now he's clueing.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that they said yes to a second date. Don't get me wrong, but I do feel weird now about sending them a gift card to Applebee's or cheesecake factory. Yeah, you should even Hooters. I just don't feel good about it. I just wish we could send them someplace where food isn't the focus, like a gift card to Low's or to office Max.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so boring, though.
Speaker 5: Let's put into one of those like skydive places that you can go in the two in the air.
Speaker 1: Let me take this woman out a couple of times and show her how to eat right and show her that it's okay. There's no shame in.
Speaker 5: Personally. I just love that we're not a radio show that's all obsessed with being funny and helping people and making a positive difference in the world. Those we did those shows are annoying. We don't do that well.
Speaker 1: I went on again, but that was positive.
Speaker 8: That's part of the reason I worked here because of that.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, totally, it was a compliment.
Speaker 1: Ohtation what. I don't think it does feel good anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to feel. Maybe you can tell us how to feel. If you go listen to our podcast, you can comment, like subscribe wherever you find them. They're up online at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,