Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL fans, it's time to unwrap NonStop football action this holiday season. Throw down on big matchups with Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. This week, new customers can bet just five bucks on any NFL and score one hundred and fifty bucks instantly and bonus best download Draft Kings Sportsbook Now with Cold Shannon, New customers can bet five dollars on any NFL action to score one hundred and fifty instantly and bonus best only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with code Shannon.
Speaker 1: The Crown is yours. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for staying up with us late for a very special edition of Nightcap Basketball. Make sure you hit that like button. Make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite, Uncle Shining Sharp, He's your favorite Number zero Agency roll HABATCHI thank you for sting up.
Speaker 1: Fast play.
Speaker 2: Make sure you hit that like button. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. I'm your favorite. I don't know what's going on. I don't know whether they have a playback there, but I'm sorry about that. We're at four hundred and ninety nine thousand subscribers. Make sure you click, make sure you like and subscribe to Gill's Arena channel on YouTube. Make sure you go subscribe and like hit like, then you subscribe to gill Arena's channel on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us again.
Speaker 2: We looked at a bunch of the numbers and we still see some of you guys following us through by Club Shay Shay Feed. Do us a favor and follow us through both of them, Club Shay Shape and Nightcap. We would greatly greatly appreciate that we've also pinned Shave by.
Speaker 1: Laportier at the top of the page. The link is in the chat. Please.
Speaker 2: With the holidays right around the corner, you can go out and get at yourself a bottle or grab a bottle for someone that you love.
Speaker 1: Gail, let's jump right into it.
Speaker 2: The Sixers beat the The Sixers beat the Timberwolves one twenty seven, one thirteen. Joel Embiid fifty one points, twelve rebounds, Twelfth consecutive game with at least thirty points and twelve plus or more boards ten of plus more boards. First time since someone has done that since Kareem abduing Jabbar seventy one seventy two. So that's fifty years ago. Tyres Maxley also had thirty five points. I'm looking at Joel Embiid. I think you're looking at Joely Embiid right now. If they voted for the MVP. I think he's winning that war unanimous. What'd you take away from the game and what'd you like about him? Be hands down? I mean he's playing.
Speaker 1: Listen, he's playing like they're trying to provoke his visa right now. Game yeah, right? The last what twelve thirteen games, he's been averaging about thirty eight points a game, which yees, because you know this is that this is that level that the super superstars get to you. I think we all questioned his MVP candidate last year and win. I think that's what's going on. And I think he's real pissed off about that, and he's, yes, he is.
Speaker 2: I think what he's done, what he's done thus far. He says, oh, y'all gave me this because y'all didn't think Jokic was worthy of being a three time MVP, because no one had done that since Larry Bird eighty four, eighty five, eighty six. So I'm gonna show you that last year wasn't a mistake. So I'm gonna come out. You look, you like my numbers last year. You're gonna love bees this year because I'm gonna put it on you. And he's dominating. I mean, but it's so hard Gil.
Speaker 1: When he's shooting seventeen eighteen free throws a game and he's making sixteen seventeen of those, he's hard to keep. He's gonna get twenty five if he only shoots two free throws. Now you're putting him in the teams. How do you stop him from getting fifty?
Speaker 2: And then you get Tyre's MAXI who's saying, you know what, y'all didn't want to give me a little contract last summer.
Speaker 1: Hum, okay, I'm gonna make you give it to me now. Oh yeah, I mean you have a problem on your hand. You have a problem. I mean, when you have a big guy that can shoot free throws, you get to go to them at the end of the game. You don't necessarily need yet guard anymore. Like you know, with someone like Shaq, you know you need a Kobe because they'll foul you and you couldn't make you free throws. But you know with embad he makes free throws. So the fact that you can go to him and he can be a go to guy the last five minutes just makes it impossible for you to stop him individually. And then when you add a dynamic guard like Maxi, who can get to wherever he needs to get to and fast first, it makes them a real dynamic duo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you look at Joel Embiid, he has no offensive weakness. He can shoot the three, he can put the ball on the floor, he can finish obviously, he can play with his back to the basket, and as you mentioned, if you file him, he's going to the free throw line and he's gonna make somewhere between eighty five and ninety percent of those free throws. So you look up at the end of the night and it's not like he's shooting thirty shots, shooting twenty twenty five shots a night, and he's getting forty fifty points and he's given you the rebounds and he's given you five or six assists. If so, when you have a big man that can dominate eight and he's not a slouch on the defensive, being that can play both ends of the court, and he can play a multitude of waves. He can play outside, and I love the fact that he's not selling Gil because I thought a couple of years ago he settled too much. He gotten comfortable, like, Man, I can shoot threes. I want to be Dirk. I wanted none of them. Bro, you can shoot that shot, But why would you when you can go down in the box and get an end one which is the same thing and a higher percentage of you making the shot.
Speaker 1: But I think he's been phenomenal, and I want to know what you think about this.
Speaker 2: I think the best thing that happened was James Harden wanted out because they gave ty Reeves Maxi shots and it gave them an opportunity to see exactly what they had on their hands.
Speaker 1: We can say that because we get to see Maxie Moore Embiid probably got in better conditions. He's better equipped to handle the heavy load. You would have wanted to see what happened if you know James Harden stayed and we get the James Harden today. That's unselfish, right. I think he still had that selfishness in them where he was still mad that he had to really digress his game to Phybid, Right, so now he's accepted that role. If he would accepted it last year, they would have been a lot better. Yes, the biggest regret Philly's gonna always have is letting Jimmy Butler go. If you Jimmy Butler that's been on a tear for the last three years with the EMBD, this year or last year, they could have been champs. Do you think that that would have been a betefit Maxi, Jimmy Butler, EMBIID compared to EMBIID, Harden and Maxley Or would you have liked to see EMBIID hardened Butler as long as you have Butler on a team. I like Butler with MAXI and embid. Uh. You know, with Butler he holds, he holds everyone to a winning standard. And yes, the EMBID we see today we would have seen two years ago because he would have demanded it. And I think, you know, sometimes Jolan b loves that real challenge, and I think we need to give credit to We need to give credit to Patrick Beverly. When Patrick Beverley started making him do line drills randomly, averaging thirty eight Since then, no one's talked about going after practice, running up and down getting that extra shape, getting in extra shape, getting in peak shape, doing the extra things to get to that extra level. And that's what Jimmy Butler brung out of him. So it's like we wish we were like, man, this would have been a great combo today.
Speaker 2: Do you believe dires Maxie could have could have become what he is now with James Harden.
Speaker 1: No, because I think he would have been. He would have been still reluctant, still reluctant, still hesitant to really go out and try to be that real good second option. Right. You know, it's that respect factor that sometimes as players we have, and you know, MAXI he's gonna respect the guy he looked up to, right, you know, you're talking about the MVP James, that James that went on a thirty point tear and he's that forty point tiars something we've never hasn't seen since the right he would he would have deferred to them. So the fact that he's gone and he really gets to look around and say, I'm that dude now, right. You know I can shoot twenty five shots, I can shoot eighteen and nineteen and don't have to look sideways and see a guy do.
Speaker 2: This right right, and when you look at it and you said something very interesting, and I took note of this, and I remember you said James Harden had to give up and digress some of his game in order to fit with Joel andb. It's almost like Kobe. Kobe ain't averaging thirty five with Shaq. Kobe ain't getting eighty one with Shaq. Kobe ain't scoring sixty three. He's scoring sixty and three quarters with Shaq, and so he I mean, he gave up a lot of his game to fit under Shaq, even though he was tremendous.
Speaker 1: But we saw one Shaq left, although it took him a couple of years before they got the pieces around him if for him to win, we saw what he was without Shaq. I believe he could have been that year before. I just don't know if he could do that with Shaq, because Shaq, you got to give Shack the ball. You got him. And that was the biggest fight here in Los Angeles, right where Kobe felt that he turned into the guy at the end of the game. But as long as there's Shaquille O'Neil on the floor, that's who we have to go through and I think when it was time for Kobe said this is my city. As long as Shaq and Phil was there, it wasn't. And that's when he said. And then that's when he went and said, hey, and see the me of them. It's me of them because he wanted to show the world that this is who I am without him, I need to show y'all that I'm a I'm a demon. And those two to three years he had without Shaq to show the world that thirty five, I'm unstoppable. That's what he needed to prove that he's on that level of the Michael Jordans.
Speaker 2: And we saw it because when Shaq would miss games, we would see some of these virtuo souls from Kobe. So it gave it gave the world an opportunity. But then like and I'm like, no, he can't be that with Shaq. Shaq is too commanding, he's too dominant, He's too much of a force that demands the basketball. But for him to suppress, because can you imagine what his numbers would have been. Now, I'm not saying he would have won titles, but I'm not so sure that that's he might have got. He'd have had a lot more points than what he got. What he had when he retire facts.
Speaker 1: I mean, by the time Kobe hit twenty one, he was already averaging twenty points twenty seven points a game. So but that's Shakill O'Neill in his prime too. So you know, so if you take shack off that that them teams. When Kobe was getting into his own early twenty twenty one nineteen, he would have Luca numbers. Yes, it would have been it would have been selfish basketball, and he would have been trying to get MVP scoring titles. He would have probably had three or four of them. But you know, by the time he got to it, he was already a winner. And it's like, all right, I got it out of my system.
Speaker 2: Now let's let's win a little right, right, Yeah, Because at that point in time, Okay, I got three titles. I needed an MVP, I need a scoring title. Okay, now we can have conversations about all this other stuff because I've been an All All NBA defensive player, I've been an All NBA player, I've won All Star Games, MVP. So now once he got those other things, now he started focusing again on winning a title, winning finals MVP to thrust him because his game. You know, you had to take note of his game, because the footwork, the shot making, the ability to finish at the rim. You're filing me going to the free throw line. He's gonna make eighty five percent of his shots. He was that spectacular. But once he got okay, I want him MVP, I want a scoring title, let me refocus. That was the same thing that Phil had to do with Mike when he first got with Mike.
Speaker 1: Mike, Yeah, Mike, you can. You can do all this, you can.
Speaker 2: Get sixty and fifty average fifty, but we can't win until you trust somebody.
Speaker 1: That is the big That is the biggest That is the biggest thing. And especially basketball trusting now when yeah, trusting, understand that everything goes into it. How you carry yourself right, how you carry yourself on the bus, how you walk into the locker room, how you prepare, how you watch film. We watch it all, so we don't like your process if we don't like your habits. Right, if we're playing the Lakers and I got shocking Kobe, right, and you went to the club that night and you coming in and smelling like fucking Hennessy and you I'm not getting you the ball, yo.
Speaker 2: That trust that that trust is everything, Gil because deep down there I need to know you put as much effort into this as I need. Because if I don't believe, if if it's hard for me to trust you when I if I don't think you worked as hard as I need, so I need And so that was the hardest thing for Kobe. Kobe's like Kobe, and the thing is, we're gonna talk about this a little later. Kobe was like, brob, why am I gonna pass you bump the ball? You show up late, you leave early, you don't study, you hang out, and then you want me to pass you the ball. Now, if you want it, you will get a rebound and put it back and I'm gonna be clapping for you to throw it back out to be a libits.
Speaker 1: You to know, Hey, that's that was that whole selfish thing, right. Everyone's calling cold selfish, right, and he's calling he's calling everybody elself and you should be selfish. You you should be considered selfish if you did right, if you didn't work out all day, went to the club and asking for the ball, now that's selfish. Knowing that you're not even prepared to play this game today.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you should have been selfish and told your friends, now, I ain't gonna be able to hang out with you to day, and you should have told you should have been selfish, just said nah, I'm gonna go get some extra jobs, saying I'm gonna get some condition.
Speaker 1: Again, that's what it requires to be great, and there's a reason. That's why. If you notice, average people hate people with greatness, and great people hate people that's average. So guess what you need if you want to be average. Average people get along just great. Great people get along just great. You notice that, you know that that's out what it is.
Speaker 2: That's why so hard to win as a team because everybody, even the highest dollar guy Bertha, the lowest dollar guy, got to have the same goal in mind or it's not gonna go.
Speaker 1: No, you can't because you can't understand the process. Right. Sometimes the superstar he can't relate to everyone else. Right, he can't relate because his brain is processing at a different frequency. So if he's absolutely related verbally, they don't like him. It's not like he's doing something wrong, he just doesn't know how to verbalize, and a lot of superstars don't know how to verbalize their greatness to everybody else to make them jump up another frequency, right, you know, like with Jordan's right right, He didn't like if you looked at if you look at the dock. He didn't know how to talk to them, only only Dinnis and Scotty right, and Scotty had to relate the message to the rest of it. That's why Shield was like he didn't have to. He didn't coach Jordan. He had to coach everyone else to deal with Jordan how to accept Jordan, because it's hard.
Speaker 2: A lot of times you're so great and everything's come so easy, you wonder why they can't do it well. If they could do what you do, they would be great and you'd have.
Speaker 1: A team full of great players.
Speaker 2: That's the hardest thing to get somebody great to understand in any field because they're looking.
Speaker 1: Bro, why can't you get that? Why can't you do that? Is so easy? The test is only easy if you know the answers.
Speaker 2: A sport, A given sport is only easy because you make it look it's not easy. Joel Embiid is the NBA's longest such Street Street. He has twelve consecutive games with at least thirty points and ten or more rebounds since Kareem had the Street of sixteenth straight games in nineteen seven, teventy one, nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 1: So that's fifty years what joelingbre doing.
Speaker 2: So that just goes to show you if you do something that only a handful of guys have ever been able to do for this length of time and it hadn't been done in fifty years. Yeah, you should feel real proud of yourself. Let's go on to the next game. Agail Bulls beat the Lakers one twenty four, one oh eight. The Bulls shoot fifty four point five percent, so we'll go ahead and say fifty five percent from the floor.
Speaker 1: Eight players scoring double figures.
Speaker 2: Lebron had twenty five, ten and nine AD nineteen and fourteen. The Lakers have dropped four or five since winning the end season tournament. What what's going on? I know what's going on. They know they asked us about to be traded. That's what's going on. Them bags it is packed, That's what's going on.
Speaker 1: Huh Hey, when the rumbos started, you start hearing the ministry, Yeah, were about to make a trade for exact lavina, We're about to make a trade. You start losing your passion shit, you know, for for for for playing hard. I look at D'Angelo Russell right before the end season tournament. Oh he was Oh he was d low. Now now he di Angelo Russell right now? Yeah, we go here, get rid of you, my man. I mean, I mean the way he played tonight, I thought it was the Angelo the singer brow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that bad. I'm like, comeo, d Lo just hit one shot. I mean he didn't, he didn't get it going. Derek Fisher said he just thinks the.
Speaker 1: Turn the tournament in season for the Lakers taking their foot off the gas. I think there's a reason why they wait till the end of the year. Uh.
Speaker 2: He said, he thinks the tournament is the reason the Lakers taking their foot off the gas. I think there's a reason why you wait until the end of the year to celebrate the championship. So he feels like they exhale they won the n season tournament. They see the batters like, now, bro, you got fifty five games to play what you you exhale it?
Speaker 1: That's that's that's easy to say. But it's human nature, man. Right, we win the n season tournament and we're still talking about trading. January fifteenth, right is the last day we're still talking about trading. And when you're talking about Russell Ruie, right, maybe right, as a player, you start looking around like, man, we we just we just popped shamp we just put the goggles on. I just popped champagne with y'all, and now y'all still talking about trading us, right, Yeah, hurt? Since I like when trade deadline come around, all you can see it and all you can see it in people's faces when they're coming on the bus. It's hard to recover when your name is being thrown out trading because your players, your teammates just started to look like, oh you're still here man, wow, no serious, serious this, but the mess you.
Speaker 2: I think there should probably be three players that's untouchable. I think Austin Reeves is an untouchable agree to disagree acts right now.
Speaker 1: He's I mean, since since the end season tournament, the man has been on fire, been crazy. He's been crazy. Now he's been crazy. Now why is he still? Like My thing is, why is he still coming off the bench. I'm sorry, but it's hard as a player to earn your game, earn your minutes, and you still not allowing me to get my name called at the beginning of the game. I got family here too, I gottore some wom and daddy right sold.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, So who do you start him in front of Prince? Because you got d low Prince and Cam red Prince. I don't need him and Cam they both.
Speaker 1: Get They both gonna give me what they both gonna give me seven nine. But since Prince has been playing well, Cam, you can bring it off the bench. You ain't earning your minutes. That that that hurts the locker room. That hurts a locker room where I'm I'm sitting here giving you twenty off dimension you're starting to do who's giving you seven? Making me sense?
Speaker 2: And the thing is is that I understand that Cam is supposed to be this defensive stopper, but I don't see enough stops on that end because the guys are still getting their numbers to warrant him playing. Now, if you're gonna give me seven and the guy's supposed to get twenty five and you holding them to seventeen eighteen okay, But if a guy's supposed to get twenty you know, he's averaging twenty five, and he's getting twenty five, you'll sit that that doesn't that doesn't you know, your sell points don't justify you continuously get those type of minutes, And that's how we.
Speaker 1: Judge it in the locker room. That's how we judge in the locker room. Like you're supposed to be a defensive stopper. If he scores his numbers or more and you're not offsetting it, why are you on the court? Right? Correct? Your defense? Your defense ain't worth you being on the court When I can offset him on my storing. Yeah, I might not be able to you know, stop you know, water from running. But he scored thirty. I got twenty two. That's only a eight point difference versus his thirty six.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's twenty four. You're absolutely right. So let me ask you a question. So, what what do the Lakers need? How do they make this team better? If if obviously Lebron ad are Nto really really really untouchable, Austin Reeves is untouchable, what's the kind of what's the package that they could package and possibly get someone that can help him because clearly I think they won't score like if they if if you.
Speaker 1: Can with zach if if zach Lavine is the one that's on the on the on the shop on the radar, right, you know the perfect the perfect three. It would be Rui, d Low and Prince. They money match up to forty million, right, so you you you can make that without any losing without losing any draft picks. You know, uh we had I called him the y m C, a player you know from Miami. He just came back today. I think, yeah, a YMC, we can we can start him and keep Austin as our sixth man. But Austin can play the point I mean today, Yeah, poing guard ain't the point guard like that anymore, you know what I mean? So we we have we have pieces where we can give up and still be dynamic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody the old the old point guard, the Jason Kidds, the Magic Johnson, John Stanton. No, these guys are mostly two guards masquerading its point.
Speaker 1: Did you like the line up how he started? Because look like Chicago started big and he started small. I'm starting to question I'm starting to question Bumpy a little bit I'm not even gonna lie, right, I'm sorry, but you know, like we are, championship teams are are huge. No matter what winning teams are doing during the regular season, the teams that pull in them championships are tall. They're playing bully basketball. That doesn't small ball. That small ball don't work like that, right. You see what's happening to the Warriors now, yeah, I mean I think they just need to tweet some things over there. But like Denver was big when Golden State won, and I mean Katie six, you know, six eleven right, right, number big? Right?
Speaker 2: The teams that men are tall teams, right, yeah, But and they also had Jabel McGee. It's not like Jabel McGee is six. And you remember when they first started, they had Festal Suzli, they had Andrew Bolga with the exception with the exception of the last time they won when they beat the Celtics and they just had loom Kevon Looney.
Speaker 1: They they've been a big, big team, right, So you know that just that small ball. I think they called it what the death squad like Iggy at the four. I think people confuse that lineup with like the championship lineup, right, not understanding Eggy came off the bench, right and they put that team in for spurts. You know that you were dumb enough to the change to go small with them, small and small with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Clippers beat the MAVs one eleven. Kawhi drops thirty points, James Harden has seventeen points eleven assists. Clippers are now on a nine game winning streak since James Harden got inserted into the starting lineup. Russ says, I understand the definition of true sacrifice. And Russ, you are absolutely right, because I'm not so sure a whole lot of guys, with your medals and medallions and trophies and accolades, what's gonna be as receptive as going to the bench and having their minutes reduced like they did as you have been man like.
Speaker 1: We have to really sit back and and think how we judge our athletes, right right, you know, because someone how they played the game. Russ played with that that chip on his shoulder, the triple double, you know, the way he played, the way he carried himself. He became a villain to the point where they made the triple double irrelevant because he was doing ah, yeah, the stats. Yeah, he just he's hustling getting rebounds and we don't like it, like it. That's an effort, right, that's the effort thing to the point where we called him selfish. But when you listen to all the players that he played with, he was the most unselfish guy. I don't know if you ever heard that story about Pat Bev, right, you know him and Pat Bev was yes, and Pat Bev's sister was trying to get in the game and she didn't have seats. Pat Bed forgot the lever seats. So Russell gave his enemy. He gave his enemy sister front row tickets. Gave us, hey, you can have my people's not coming, you can sit front row in my seats. Right, So when Pat Bed was at the free throw line, Russell's like, hey, your sister's front row. I gave him my seats and Pat Bed like and then he had the process what he said, like wait what he looked over seeing his sister's front row and then had to think of after the game. That's Russell, right, So what Russell did was that's who he is, right. He wants to win at all costs. Just sometimes you just don't like to approach. And I think that when he went to LA we're not gonna talk bad on Lebron. Ad just won a championship, so he was untouchable. So we're looking at the person that we can blame. But that was the only person who was holding the ship that year. He was the only person who played seventy five games, and we blame him for the downfall. And I think just he just got a bad, bad rap for himself.
Speaker 2: I agree, And you know, look, the Laker fans are different because they have a level of expectation Gill, and they know and they don't care what you've done elsewhere. He got those triple doubles and he was an MVP and ok see, and he got it triple doubles and in Washington and he played really well alongside James Harden And when he didn't come and give them those numbers for.
Speaker 1: The Lakers, they didn't care that he was he was homegrown. And because you have to understand the level of greatness that they expect. When you think of Lakers.
Speaker 2: You see all those monuments out front, you see all those those jersey numbers just hanging up.
Speaker 1: That's what these fans expected home growing up. Did you see you remember and I know you remember this, Gil, when Lebron first got here and they tried to put up murals, they they come him up.
Speaker 2: Nope, we're not doing that yet because he got those MVPs, and he got those championships elsewhere, he got all these accolades elsewhere. Until he does something in the purple and goal, we're not going to accept him.
Speaker 1: And that is fact steal steal lequor fans, it's like, eh, we're on the fence still, because the thing is is that they look at Lebron as an adversary to Kobe, and anybody that could possibly threaten Kobe, that's a no going Kobe. Kobe is God to the Lakers. Nobody, not Magic, not Kareem, not Shot, not Will, not Mike, not not anybody that Elgian Bayla, not Jared Rest, Kareem. Nobody is on the.
Speaker 2: Level of Kobe in a Laker uniform because they saw a seventeen year old boy come here, sure grow and they saw every step of the way. Nobody is gonna replace Kobe. Nobody, it ain't gonna happen. He was the he was the American dream. Right when we think American Dream when we think.
Speaker 1: Of our our the movies we love, right, we have the guy start off as a hero, gets dropped down from that hero stature, and then build himself back to that hero stature. Right, that's Kobe. That's what Kobe did right, right, right. No other star did that when Jordan Jordan was Jordan What's magic? Right, They didn't go here, fall here and say, ah, I'm going back to the mountain. And that's why Laker fans would never say Kobe is not the greatest Laker ever. He did he did something that.
Speaker 2: We can identify with, right, because you know what, he's human. He's human, and I think everybody, you know, everybody likes like man. There's frailty, there's human frailties. And when we see our superstars, and sometimes it's almost like, you know, you go to the top and then you fall down, and then we're gonna do everything we can to push you back up because we don't believe you should have failed anyway. Somebody tripped you up. And so what we're gonna do is that we're gonna pick you back up in a hurry and run you back up to the proper place that we believe you should have been all along us, So yes, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: Is that holiday time of year again?
Speaker 2: Looking for something different for your favorite sports person on your list, Think game Time. Tickets for sports, concert and comedy shows all make fantastic gifts this time of year, even if it's last minute. The best way to buy tickets to any event is on game Time. The fastest growing ticket app in the US, game Time is the only ticket app that gives you peace of mind with your purchase. They let you see the view from your seat before you buy, so you know exactly what to expect when you arrive. They're all in prices, show you the total up front so you always know you're getting a great deal, and it takes no time at all. You can buy tickets in seconds with two taps, so take the guest work out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creating the count and redeem Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase.
Speaker 1: Terms apply again.
Speaker 2: Download the game Time app, enter the code nightcap that's nig ht cap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time Today. Last minute tickets Loyds Price guaranteed Luca franchise regular eleven consecutive games with at least thirty points ended.
Speaker 1: He came up with twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I think he had a triple double twenty eight, ten and eleven if I'm not mistaken. This was also the sixth straight game that Kyrie missed. Would a bruised hell. I just don't know how far this team can go without Kyrie. I don't really know how far ten they do? You do you see? Obviously the Clippers that I talked to Todd Lou. I saw ty Lou the other day and had a good conversation with him, and he's like, yeah, we figured this thing out.
Speaker 1: We're gonna We're gon We're gonna be a tough out now. Hey.
Speaker 2: So I had a great conversation with him. But when I look at the Mavericks, how far can they realistically?
Speaker 1: Not far? Not far? Like man Luca's good Lucas good man, Like he's never had an actual contending team. But it makes it look like they got something going on, Like it's right, there's been some trash, but yees. This dominance individually has made people really think MAVs is a playoff team. They got a chance, they got a chance. Right, he's been doing a number on the Clippers, So I know the Clippers is like, oh finally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't get forty, he didn't get forty seventeen, and we finally got a team that we could just beat Luca. So the fact that you know, the Clippers did win the you know what, I wasn't on calling them slippers, but.
Speaker 1: I think they've earned their name a little bit. I think they earned a clip, a little clip in it. I've been impressed, a little clip in it. Like you know, you know, Daryl got a I mean, I don't think I think Clipper Daryl need to stay away because uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah, Lord's he keeps em and Marcella's Wiley's load. They stopped talking. Clippers do very well, y'all bad look me, Malone. Yes, with Kyrie out, they have no chance.
Speaker 1: But with Kyrie in, they still don't have an They still don't have enough pieces.
Speaker 2: I don't believe they don't don't. I don't believe so either. But give the Clippers. It seems like it's a different guy every night. Tonight, Kawhi had it going. I mean, euro Step is spinning Baseline Duncan. The other night it was James Harden. We see Paul George hit the game winner, and seemingly it's a different guy every night. Norman Pile has been sensational over the last six seven games. We know Terrence Man is gonna be all huffs, hustled. He can knock down some big shots. Russey's gonna come in and give you energy. Even a mere coffee came in. He hit some big shots tonight. Zubox didn't finish the game. He really rarely does, but he's gonna.
Speaker 1: You know what he is.
Speaker 2: He's gonna hustle for you to get you the bullet backs, get you some offensive rebounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah they look good. They're not big, but they look good. And that's what you need from a superstar team like that, right where any given night one of us can explode, Yes, you know, and you know when we're all hitting, we're untouchable, unbeatable. Yep, three of us is on. We're still unbeatable, right, you know. Two we can still manage it out. Maybe a bench players come in, but we have enough talent on here. As long as we're playing the right type of basketball, right, we should be fine.
Speaker 2: The most impressive thing while learning had missed the game. Facts, that's the most impressive thing.
Speaker 1: Facts facts right, that part is and we ain't even giving his flowers for it. They Hey, I got I just had to.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kawhi, mister game because you know, normally this time, even a guy by Sam eighty of them things under the belt. Listen, why say somebody Paul George. But you know Russ is gonna play regardless. James are normally plays. The young guys are gonna play because they don't know any better. Hey, they just they just happy. But you know, Kwi like to save some of his games for the trip home, you know, you know March aprilaw I say, hey, I need to come to day. Yeah, I'm good to go. But uh, they've been playing well. I've been very pressed with what I saw. John Moran last night scores thirty four in his return hits the game winner. Tim Moran was on a radio station tonight and saying, my son job is to try to win championship for the Memphis Grizzly face of the league.
Speaker 1: That come from other people's opinion.
Speaker 2: Second, there have been a lot of faces of the league that have done way worse things than my son. So while my son is under the guillotine again. You cannot do this to me. You cannot double standing me and talk about the face of the league.
Speaker 1: Tee. Does he understand?
Speaker 2: And I think he's trying to make reference to the guy that we're just talking about here in LA for what transpired to him. I think it was two thousand and three. Does he know that we're in a different time now, two thousand and three and twenty twenty three, that there's this thing to call the me too movement. We just saw Jonathan Major basically lose his career over a situation.
Speaker 1: I mean, t are you? I mean, what are we missing? I mean?
Speaker 2: Does he not understand that the NBA is a private business.
Speaker 1: They sent the rules.
Speaker 2: They said your son's behavior although he broke no law, but he broke the NBA's law because they get to sit it because they're a private business. Do you understand like private business can say no trespassing and you can't go there. So I don't get what. I don't get what T is missing. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe i'm a little I'm a little older than you, Gil, so maybe you can help me understand what I'm missing.
Speaker 1: We're the ruthlessness of rules. Right. Okay, so we have Josh Giddy, Right, Yes, the NBA is doing exactly what the NBA is supposed to do. Wait until there's a guilty verdict before you're penalized. Right, that's the American way, what innocent into proven guilty? Right? Correct? Because a few people that's been penalized before being proven guilty. I was one of them, right, I was one. Jaw was one. The worst thing you ever want in the suspension is detrimental to the team because that can be one game or eighty two. There's no time capsule on this thing, right, Okay. In a sense, Jaw would rather have had a gun suspension because that's only run three, five to seven games. Right. You don't want to be suspended for your behavior because that can mean anything, right, that's just get you off the court. Right, It's just it's made up at the point. Right, So he will have rather say, hey, I had a gun, give me one or three games, because that's football, one or three games most and that was somebody shooting it. Other than that, the behavior thing becomes this imaginary thing. So it was unfair under the NBA rule because the NBA rule they're using. They're just making it up in real time, right. But what he doesn't understand is that's how good your son is where he's under the guillotine. If he wasn't part of the NBA's future, they wouldn't give two shits about that man. They wouldn't They wouldn't care, They wouldn't have put his game on T and T, they wouldn't have done none of this. Yeah, but because who he is and how he plays, he's under a microscope that he cannot do the things he's doing.
Speaker 2: What about the thing as a repeat offender? Where he went before? Before he he he, his son John and their team went before the commissioner and say, we come in here in the humblest way. We know how we at the mercy of the NBA, and I promise you, my son, and he promised that I'll never put myself in this position again.
Speaker 1: And guess what. He goes and goes through the drive.
Speaker 2: Through rehab and he stayed twenty four hours and the next thing, you know, two months later, he right back on ig waving that thing.
Speaker 1: So what what what about that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, the first time I get it. We all make mistakes and I'm a firm believer. The biggest uh, the way you can change a change behage. Behavior is the biggest is the best apology. So you said you ain't gonna worry about me, Commissioner, I'm done with that. And two months later, what am I supposed to do with that?
Speaker 1: Gil the same thing, the same exact thing they did, because because I did it at twenty eight, right, which makes me the idiot? Right? Are you know? Oh? I know better? Right? Being superman? Right, you got the world that's your hands. You have superman power. You have when you walk in places, you are jamaran. When you walk in buildings, ship gets shut down. When you go to a restaurant they're paying for with all the money in the world. Their behavior he's doing is just immature because that's what knows, right, it's what he knows. You. You got to You got a guy who's a kid. When we say kid, we're saying he's just out of college. All the money in the world. You as senior in college, y'all doing drinking parties and doing all that. Right, it's a different now getting let me give you two hundred three hundred million. You can buy everything. You will have this sense of I'm I'm untouchable, right, and we all fall through it. A lot of us fell through it. He's so he's gonna go through some more. Other players are gonna go.
Speaker 2: You feel you're untouchable, and Gil what I tell people, money doesn't change you, it makes you more you already are. If your childish, that means you're just money and you're gonna be You're gonna buy childish things. You're gonna do even more outlandish childish things.
Speaker 1: Forgive me.
Speaker 2: Uh So with this, so let me ask you a question, because it doesn't look like the family of the kids or the family of the young lady with the Josh Getty situation here, it doesn't look like they're cooperating, but they have pared an attorney, and so it looks like a settlement is going to happen. What do you believe the NBA will do or what do you think they should do?
Speaker 1: Okay? So the fact that from what we've heard, this has been a year ago, right, so right, everyone's been aware for a year. The problem is what evidence does anyone have, right besides a picture and words? Right? Right, that's all we know now that this is a correct of them, right, and someone wrote their own title on it. Right at this point, that's all we know. So if there's a settlement that happens, we will never know about it, correct, Right, So the NBA would not be able to do anything anyway, or he can have a lawsuit against them. Right. That's what people don't understand because what ends up happening is if you suspend this guy, that means you have demonized him and made him guilty without any evidence. So if there's never no case and you done suspended this man without pay, what he does now is he sues for everything he's lost and future earnings. So, hey, I could have been an All Star, I could have been the future could have been on this and you took your ruined You ruined my brand, my brand, And that's what that's why the NBA doesn't do that and his behavior right now, they can't get him for a detrimental team, yeah, because that was that's the kind of thing. They can suspend him for his detrimental to the team to get out of the right. And then you know, Joh said he kept receives. Joh, what was I can see.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I could be wrong, but I was When I was asked on the Old Show coming out, who would I take Job Zion? I was always in Job's corner because I thought Zion was too heavy and I thought he was going to have a short career because of injuries. So I said, I got Joh. So I've been a Josh supporter of his basketball play. I thought some of the things that he'd done off the court I thought was immature and and and warranted criticism. But for him to say he kept receives, who had I'm trying to figure who in this space guil be at podcast.
Speaker 1: Social media, I'm talking about that do what we.
Speaker 2: Do, or that's on a platform that has ever said had criticized Job's game on the court. Because normally when you keep receives, Guil I said something negative about you, Gil, I said, I don't believe that you can do what you that you said you can do.
Speaker 1: Gil. That's you keep it received for that, you keep it received because of your behavior off the court. It's it's it's fuel. It's it's a thing that we use to get us up for games. Okay, it ain't a real thing unless you got a draft and people got you know, they got in front of you in a draft. Other than that, you can say, hey, Joah had a bad game, and I'm gonna use that as fuel. It's just the way I like that he has this because you know what time he's gonna be on. Right, You know, you gotta figure out ways to get yourself up for games when when you don't have it. And and most of the guys, they create enemies, okay, right, they pretend they hurt, they create demons. Huh yeah, we create enemies, right, you said what I'm about to show you, like you started with CNT game. You pretend, oh, Regie Miller, you said what I'm about to show you? And then we look at it. That's that's that's just something we do. Just keep our our our game at a certain level. He don't have no lists. His list his list really is those that that that he cannot make that All NBA team. So anybody he thinks it's capable of making it. Oh, he about to go hand on them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah for sure, because they cost him with another thirty forty million dollars by keeping him off one of those three All NBA teams. Because now he really gets that max contract because he's made an All NBA team first second, the thirteen within you know what, a year or two of signing that contract, get him at a disc discounted rate.
Speaker 1: Discount discount shack. Call to stir.
Speaker 2: He says, Steph Curry deserves considerations as the NBA's goal.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if it's time shock.
Speaker 2: This is shock and I quote, I'm wondering if it's time to start putting Steph Curry as the best player all time. Kenny, you put him over you shot. Yes, Steph has four championships. He's won two of them without a second All NBA player alongside of him. He's won two of them MVPs, one of which is an ananimous and he's the three point Well, we know what he's done in three point competition. So a combination of a shooting and ball handler has never been but Gil, I'm anxious to hear. But this is while I look at it like women. Okay, a woman might have a standard that she says, okay for a husband, I want this, this, this and this and this, and another lady might says, okay, I want this, but I can do without that. I want this, this and this and this for me. I said in order for me to consider you a goat, you need at least three regular season MVPs, two finals MVPs, and somewhere between eight and ten all NBA teams woo.
Speaker 1: For you to be considered the goat. Because think about it.
Speaker 2: Now, we're talking about in the history the seventy seven seventy eight year history of the NBA, we're saying you're the best player of all time, and there's a very select could even be considered.
Speaker 1: You talking about Lebron.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Kareem, you're talking about Jordan, you're talking about Magic, you're talking about Bird, you're talking about Duncan, you're talking about Will, you're talking about Russell. I don't think because you know, look, I understand the three point shot. Okay, we already know the only competition the question of point guard.
Speaker 1: Is he in magic? Okay? You like steph Okay, fine, you like magic. Magic?
Speaker 2: Magic is for me, But that's just my criteria. It's like you choose a woman. Well, I needed to be you know, five ten. I wanted to have you know, you know, beat up butter skin. I wanted to have real hara.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be built like this, or I wanted to be college educated. I wanted to have a job. I want Okay, whatever the choice of this, that's just my criteria. Where are you on this? Well, I got stuffed in my top ten after you won that title. Deal, I put him in the top ten. I did so when when you said your goat, there was there's only two names, right. The problem with the goat discussion is when it was created the goat conversation, there was only one criteria. It was Michael Jordan. Yeah, that was it. There was no so and I always asked, you know, so I had to ask eighties players. I had Clyde Drexler, all of them. I said before Michael Jordan was the goat? Who was the who did he take the crown off? No, they never bestowed that anybody. They didn't have any right. So if they didn't have no goat, right, I can't give you a criteria because the guy they gave it to at the time, he only had one championship. He only had one when they gave him this that you are the best player we have ever seen. You are him that they were saying that he didn't have no title. But that's what I'm saying. Nine eighty nine. But that's what I'm saying. So it's hard to have a it's all. It's hard to have a standard when the standard didn't have it right. So it's hard to say now you need five championships because the people that we magic willed, Russ Bird, they would considered the goat, so their stats don't even matter, right, So the only person that's in that category is Lebron James. That's the only one who's threatened this this this truck. Magic didn't have it, Bird didn't have it, Will correct, none of them had it right, right, So so I can't put you in there now, shit right, I can't put you Hey, eighty nine, he's it. That means everybody before eighty nine, eighty eight till forty seven. No, you're not, and you're not a part of it. So the only person that actually got can that is threatening it will be Lebron. Everybody else, you guys are just you guys are second tier. That's gonna come for me because I think the thing is for me.
Speaker 2: Gil is that uh, And it's funny that you said that because will Will numbers are never gonna be challenged. Nobody's ever gonna average fifty to twenty five. Nobody's going to average forty four and twenty seven. Nobody's gonna average thirty points and twenty three rebounds for career. Those rebounding numbers ain't. Ain't nobody getting fifty five rebounds in the game. That ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: There's a stat hit fourteen point four blocks for his career, Just throw it away.
Speaker 2: How many but if this, think about it, Gil, if they would have killed block shots, how many trips doubles.
Speaker 1: What he have had? He'd had four hundred? No, no, no, no, he has eight hundred quadruple doubles.
Speaker 2: Oh so, And that's the thing is that like and then Kareem came along and Kareem won won six He won six titles, win the ten, six MVPs. He has the most MVPs. And he had a record that many thought would never be broken. I'm old enough to remember when he broke the record at uh in Vegas. They played Utah because back then the NBA wasn't like he was, so they took teams and put him in different places so different people could see them. I'm old enough to remember when the NBA Finals was tape delayed, Yep, that's how. That's how I go back. So and I'm looking like and they're right. No one ever saying, oh, he's the best player ever, because I remember, I remember Karee and uh when he would not when he joined the Lakers.
Speaker 1: But when Magic got there, I mean we you know, we watched the NBA.
Speaker 2: Uh, mainly the Sixers, because the Sixers were really good in the late seventies. Once they got the doc, they were going to the NBA fight, you know, they lost to Portland and Big Bill Bill Walton, and then you had the SuperSonics, and then you had the Bullets. They changed the name because of the violence there. And so when Magic got there, now it's the Sixers in the Lakers, and so now this is and the Celtics the lard Bird.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, and then it wasn't because we had never seen anything like Michael. You've never seen a guy. We had never seen anybody that can leveled his flair for the game and what he could do the the you know, and the tongue, see the tongue hanging out. And then and then the best thing, the best thing and the worst thing that ever happened to everybody else it's got to be the shoes. It's got to be the shoes money. Yeah, it's it's it took him to a gil. You know, when you got a brand and you are the brand that eighty that like when people talk about like the goat and they say, oh, you know he got six rings, Just show you just a eighty eight eighty nine. That's it. When when the shoe company took the wings off and put the logo on that lets you know red then right, yes, But sometimes I don't like talking like stats, right when you talk about MVPs finals MVPs, because now would Russell be considered a goat if he had ten finals MVPs or nine finals MVPs, right, he would be a different category. But that wasn't invented.
Speaker 2: Then, right If the finals MVP didn't come out until nineteen sixty nine and Jerry West won it for losing squad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what That's what I'm saying. That was the first finals MVP, so it wasn't created until after he retired, right, right, So you know what I mean. So those are that's a category that he don't have towards mentality. You know, when we talk about when we use these these MVPs, finals, MVPs. They don't mean anything. How did you play the game where you dominant? Did you change? So Shaq changed the game? I was there, yes, like like I I was there when he was calling our big Man's bombs? How mean these bums you're gonna keep putting out here? You can put them all, but you can put all five sinners here on the same court, and I'm running through all of them. I'm there. We had to put a zone in where we had to put somebody in front, back on the side. Like I wasn't there, right, So what he's saying is he's putting his steps in front. I know he's lying, right, I know he's lying. They was drafting big Man just just to deal with him, just for bodies, right. You know he's trying to be humble. He's trying to be humble. But if you ever see a list that Shack ain't on the five, oh, he gets offended every time he created his own Have you know that every time he creates the five, he's in it? And rightfully so. Yeah. But but for Steph to to poll vot Kareem and to poot Jordan and to probe let's just say Bron Korean, because I think most of the time when we do have this discussion is Lebron Jordan.
Speaker 2: Kareem, Kareem Jordan, Lebron Jordan Kareem. Now, a lot of the young guys that played when you played, put Kobe in there. They are the young guys. Put Kobe in there. Yeah, but it's just it's but let me ask you a question. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, Jordan has six mv has six finals MVPs, but he only has one.
Speaker 1: MVP regular season. Yeah, we still hell yeah because we don't know good because because the NBA back then, right, think about it like this, from ninety to he retired. Shit. From eighty eighty seven. Shit, maybe you think he won eighty I think you won. I think you won an eighty eight, eighty nine. I think when was he considered the best player eighty one five, But I mean he.
Speaker 2: Was well, like, well the thing magic and Bird started talking, although he didn't have the team because every year I think it was like from from eighty from eighty two all the way to eighty seven, it was basically the Lakers and the Celtics in the finals with the exception of maybe one year, two years it was the Sixers, but you know, Magic won eighty and then Bird won in eighty one, and then Magic won eighty two, and then the six is eighty three, and then Larry won eighty four, and then Magic won eighty five, Bird won eighty six, and then Magic won eighty seven, eighty eight, and then Isaiah won eighty nine, ninety and then.
Speaker 1: He'll come Jordan jump it over in the nights. And so everybody's like, well, if he's so great, why he can't break through? So they're best around it. They've been lessed about it.
Speaker 2: I don't know he would he wouldn't got the magic potion it once he broke through.
Speaker 1: So when when we talk about the MVP, if he was the best player in the league, hands down, no questions asked, Right you given him an MVP trophy or giving it to someone else don't make them better? Like we know at some point you had to give it to someone else, right know? And if he was the best player on the best team, dominating the game, scoring title, this and this, he has six rings, how come he don't have six MVPs? Right? Who? Who? Who? Who deserved it? Right? You? Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It needs to be like hockey. It needs to be like hockey. Resk, you won nine heart he won the heart trophies every year. You saw Barry Bonds with when the MVPs. If you're the best, giving, don't get tired, and you should get tired of nobody wanting to step up and and and take it from it. I'm not Look, if I'm a voter, if I believe that guy has the best, I'm voting for him. I ain't gonna get tired.
Speaker 1: And that's what it is. We get tired, like how does this This guy's team's number one every year, he's averaging thirty something every year, and he's the and he's losing who what? Who is he losing too? Because they're not number one? You know? And and and so the MVPs and all that stuff like I have to watch how you play this game? What was your act on it versus this statistical part because it's jaded, right, the voters, the voters are not watching every game, right, They're not watching every game? Aren't they looking at stats? Oh he had thirty two percent from the field. They don't say he got quadruple double, quadruple double. So it's it's it's we look at So my my five is Jordan lebron Cole Magic Shack. Right. The only reason I don't have Kareem and him I wasn't I wasn't alive. Yeah, you know what, but you I think you can attest to this. Kareem is the greatest player that gets the least credit in anybody in the NBA history. I don't know what he innocent, I don't know what he did to the reporters, but they do not like him.
Speaker 2: He was certainly, he was surly. He didn't they didn't. They didn't like him. That's why he didn't have don't. Also, he was Russell Wisbrook. He was very rough, worse.
Speaker 1: But you do. But here's the thing, Gill. Until nineteenth until eighty.
Speaker 2: You know, the players voted for the MVP. There was no writers voting for the MVP. The players used to vote because the year in sixty one sixty two, when Will averaged fifty twenty five, Bill Russell won the MVP.
Speaker 1: That's also the year Oscar Robinson had the triple double. If you they say sixty one sixty two was the greatest statistical season because Walt Bellamy and el Jim Baylor. They was like thirty eight to nineteen.
Speaker 2: Jerry West was like thirty seven thirty points seven rebounds A the cis uh, we know it.
Speaker 1: Russell was like nineteen twenty two. Oh no, that was wrong. They was Rocks. So they was putting up numbers.
Speaker 2: But obviously Russell won the finals MVP and he won the regular season MVP.
Speaker 1: So back then the players voted, so they're like, nah, man, that ain't that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: If we don't like somebody like, we don't do that, that's today too. So so they took it.
Speaker 2: They took it away from the fans, from the the players and gave it to the gave it to the writers. So it had been interesting to see. Now I believe I agree with you because you I don't know if they do. They still have the Player of the ward because one year somebody won the MVP and then the players voted somebody else's MVP.
Speaker 1: That was the Curry Harden, So Curry's first MVP, the players voted that that was Harden's MVP.
Speaker 2: Right, So it'd be very interesting had the players continue to vote, how many championships would how many MVPs would Jordan have.
Speaker 1: How many would Kobe have, how many would Lebron have? How many? It would be very very interesting to see they would have, they will, they will have more than they have. Now. Yeah, that's garan because you know when we look and say, well, Shaq only got one MVP like how yes, it doesn't even make any sentence, right, And you know when you're when you're a writer, I don't you should your bad should be revoked if you are not voting correctly, right, you know, if if if you're sitting here and you got Lebron James and you know everyone voted Lebron James's first team, and then someone has them as third team, you should be hey, hey, what's what what's up? And if and if this is what you're doing, we're gonna pull us because you remember that, uh, that guy did that Lebron. Lebron was one vote away from where you're winning the m v P unanimous and the guy voted for Carmelo yes, And at that time, right, that's when you should say, Okay, you're not doing this fair. We're gonna were gonna we're gonna take away from you, right, We're gonna we're gonna take away from that. Thank you, appreciate you. You're gonna be on time out this year and following you. But that's what that should happen. Like, you shouldn't just have these guys just going in with their Oh, Lebron didn't getting an interview, he didn't give me to day. You know, I ain't gonna vote the first team. He can't have that.
Speaker 2: But you gil at the and I understand what you're saying. But they're human. I know you ay, ay, you know somebody at one point in time they give you your butt the kids, and now you get the upper hand. What you're gonna do. You're gonna turn around the bed. Don't give your butt right back. It's human and people are like you shouldn't. I said, bro, you have to understand these people are human at the end of the day. Yes, they have a job to do, but they're human and they have feelings, they have emotions and being like, Okay, I can't get you back any other way.
Speaker 1: But you know, you might, you might, Hey, you might.
Speaker 2: You wish you had this All NBA boat, You wish you had the m v P boat of the All Star boat. Hey, but you you never know, And that's why I say, you know, you have to treat people accordingly.
Speaker 1: Welcome. Look who we got Jr? To the chat?
Speaker 2: Let me guess, Let me guess that's that. That's a fake road, right, You got on fake rope. You get on here, you get on here, and we're fake fake or satchet.
Speaker 3: Nah, I loved y'all, man, Gil, what's up?
Speaker 1: Baby? It's up? Man. Man, you're looking good.
Speaker 3: I would sleep. I was sleep.
Speaker 1: You don't sleep. What you sleep for? Nothing? Looking? You just got from the club, baby, Nah. The only thing.
Speaker 2: You do realize, Oh, you're the only thing to come to sleeper is a dreams and you got to get up to make those happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I got, I got up for you, baby, I got I got up. Listen y'all yet, do y'all talk on basketball talk?
Speaker 3: Baby? That's that's not That's not my lane.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to stand in the lane. I'm trying to learn the game. I've been studying a little bit. I'm not quite ready to jump on it with y'all. Man, so I can talk about the game of basketball in depth.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what. Just get in the backseat. Just go for it, man, Just just mistle. I just missle and just chime in from time to time.
Speaker 1: Yil J.
Speaker 2: You said on your part that Draymond is not changing U D and Donna's Haslam just retired as a twenty years says he wants to see Draymond be a mental to these young players. At the end of the day, we're here the guys, these young fellas in the right direction. Can you imagine me swinging on hero I take a long walk on a short period, I'll never forgive myself. The question is gil you said he's not gonna change, but does he want to collect the rank of the remaining of that one hundred million dollars or does he want to go home and said I'm gonna stand no business.
Speaker 1: It looks like he's sending on business like he said the minutes right now. But you know what, it's principles. It seemed like to those type of guys, right has On, like he said it, he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he hurts someone that he's supposed to protect, right he. I think he's talking about the Jordan Poole situation in that I thought myself on protecting his teammates from other Wolves. And I think as a teammate, what what Draymond did to Jordan Poole, it made him seem like he was an outsider because there ain't no goddamn way he doing that to step for Clay Wayne is somewhere he tried that. You know, he ain't never played in the NBA game out. If he puts out, boy, he should have been in the third ward.
Speaker 4: So what happened with do we know what happened in turningy with that situation? Did he say something about him personally?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: You you would have more information about that situation than I would.
Speaker 1: All Right, here's a story. They were in training camp, right, So they're in training camp and you know, Jordan Pool got the second second squad. So when they're in Japan, it's about an hour, hour and a half ride to practicing back. So Draymond already started to dre He already started the rough like you suck, your team suck. How can you be you make this kind of money, you can't even get a win, Right, He's going at he ain't gonna beat Steph Clay Ramon, you ain't gonna beat the start in five. So he's just going at him. Hey, hey, are you gonna right? He's just the whole training camp, right. So Kerr had to pull him aside and say, you got to stand up for yourself. Come on, stop letting Draymond treat just like a little girl out here. Stand up for yourself. Right, So you know Jordan pool like, oh okay. So they said, Jordan Poole was in the a and practice cooking. Boy, he was cooking shrimp and chicken that day. Right, Hey, he's talking and he's said, he's talking at Draymond. Hey, Draymond, you're gonna do something today or thirty? It's thirty gonna keep carrying you? Is he gonna like a backpack? He said, you an expense, You an expensive accessory, You like a Gucci Back to thirty, Draymond got the ball, hurt to lay up and popped and popped off to and and got the curry, I mean a curry, and Curry hit the three game right, everybody cheering, See there you go. Thirty saved you again. Uh huh, you got off thirty back That was that day. The next day is when it hit. Happened, So Draymond, So, Draymond, like most men do, We're gonna do some childs before shit, he going to We're gonna do some outside stuff. Yeah, seeing his kids. So Draymond coming to practice already disgruntled, right, Looney already seen that he was on a different vibe. Right, So Draymond's trying to find somebody to pick on. Who are you gonna pick on? Uh huh. But the problem is Pool already since this. So Pool, hey, I'm good, already won yesterday. Baby, I don't need all yeah, right right, So if you look at it, Pool, not even on the court. Pool ain't even on the court. Draymond scoring it where you at? Now, get come on the court, Come on on the court. Talk that mess to day and like I'm good, I'm good. And that's how that was. So it wasn't like Pool was going at him that day. The damage was done yesterday, the day before. And and that push that that that push right there got him hit.
Speaker 2: But you know, but the thing but o Jo, we you know, being in the locker room, that's a different type of Machinese mode because first of all, guys in the locker room aint gonna let you walk up on him, especially especially Gil. We can be disagreeing, man, if you f you, you ain't gonna do nothing. As long as you over there and I'm over here.
Speaker 3: We good good.
Speaker 2: But the moment I see you start to close the distance, I'm feeling some type of way. So now I'm getting in the mindset if he gets with him, I hey all, I'm thinking if he gets within arms, if he gets with it, I'm unloaded. That's the only thing think. No, sorry, no soil Oh, yeah, I'm teeing off. But if you, if we go, I'll show you. I can see he got the muscles. Come on, jo, No no, no, no no no. We arguing you over there. I'm over here as you arguing.
Speaker 1: We argue it still, and you start to close the distance, I'm never gonna let you get up on me.
Speaker 2: I'm never gonna let that happen. Gil, let that happening up. I'm feeling some type of way. So all of a sudden, now I start to feel a rush. Wow, y'all see that's that. That's y'all got that juice? No, the locker room better you better listen.
Speaker 4: You gotta know your intend has got to go up, especially even if sometimes even though it's a friend, even even if it's a teammate. When someone invades your space when you're in an argument, your antenn has already got to go up, and you got to be on your p's and q's. You got to, especially especially in that situation when somebody is showing any type of hostility to you, you know, and they close that dish is and they become and what I like to call.
Speaker 3: In arms reach or in arms. But it's go time, tell me time.
Speaker 1: Nay, no, we don't expect to get hit. I just I was at the strip club second on t with you. No, no, no, I don't care what kind of argument we got in baby use it. So if hey, let's keep it over there. Gill, you stay over there, I'll stay over there. He kill you, suck you. You ain't gonna do nothing right. We got to get a center. We got to put our our shoulders next to each other. We gotta no hell no, come on, that's third grade. Will you walking around pushing them? Were still on high school ship? That's third grade, Gill. Will you walk around the circle, do something, do something. We ain't trying to hit this, hit that. I'm gonna hit this. No, that is right here.
Speaker 3: We've done yeah, and you know what nobody walk up.
Speaker 4: Over the The funny thing about it is, you gotta you gotta like coaches, you gotta know your personnel. When it comes to arguing. You got to understand the people you're arguing with, and you.
Speaker 3: Know how they move. You already know how they move.
Speaker 4: And you know it makes certain people tick and there's certain there's certain people to argue with and you can get away with it, and there's certain people you know, if we get into it, I gotta be.
Speaker 3: I gotta stand on business.
Speaker 4: I gotta stand on if this is certain, if this individual get mad, you're a newer time it is.
Speaker 2: If a man tell you, Gil, if a man tell you to stop playing, just let that go, Just let it go, even even if you're bigger a he said, man, stop playing, let go.
Speaker 1: But like if you listen to Hassen, right, those enforcers like they are, they're not putting their hands on players. So we're not expecting that, Jordan, No, no, no, But see y'all that because Gil, I will tell you. See, if you're in the locker room and you get the argument and you let somebody close the difference, they're gonna hit you in your face or they gonna throw your hands so hard on your back. You're gonna say, let this man walk up on me.
Speaker 3: Like one of the others gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Gil, I'm telling you you you hitting me in the locker room. Guess what. I'm not playing no more. I'm taking my ball. I'm going home. Say call me at my house. Either he's off the team or I'm off the team.
Speaker 2: That's how Gil, Dude, I saw two dudes shoot to him, to of my teammates. They're on they're both on the defense, and they have been going back and forth and walked through. They just going back and forth, going back and forth, going back and forth. And uh, he was standing.
Speaker 1: He was standing in the locker and had an arm andy locker like this ere He said, yeah, you keep on.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. You ain't gonna do nothing. Dude ran over there, hit him. Did it cracked his head? What do you hit him with that helmet?
Speaker 1: Because he was standing, he was standing, he had he was standing in the lock like this ear. He was just standing like this ear. Mm yeah, okay, he just shakeing it. He shaked it, yeah, okay, yeah, okay, sure.
Speaker 2: And then his partner tried to jump in and then the other boys said, no, you don't want that.
Speaker 1: You don't want that. You don't want that problem.
Speaker 2: So you have to understand who like oh you're saying, you gotta understand your personnel because oh, Joe Burm, I told you, everybody don't play like you play.
Speaker 1: Nah, everybody don't play like you play. All that.
Speaker 2: I know who to play I know who to mess with, who the joke with? You know, Hey, come on, y'all, let that go today.
Speaker 1: Man. I ain't okay, Hey, man, I go, I go get right on. Somebody else. Get you gonna be ready to borrow because I got joke, just moved at a long gill. But you don't let nobody close the distance on your gill. But I've never and I'm the joke, sir, I'm the one that I don't take none serious in the locker room. I never felt I've never felt threatened by a teammate like I've seen fighting like our big man used to go at it right, And you know, obviously you know we were sitting there scheeting it on. But other than that, we're too We're it's only it's only it's only what fifteen of us, right, and most most of us is like we we go in groups and clicks. Yeah, our arguments don't really carry over to fighting like that, Like Hoopers is not like that, right, We don't. We don't really want to fight with you. We don't either can We don't even know if we can or not, like you know what I mean. We can go get and that's the thing, but we don't know if we can really throw a punch. And that's the thing. That's the thing I say.
Speaker 2: I tell him all the time, I don't know if I can fight, but you don't want to find out.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't know, I don't, but don't you fight out? So hey, check this out so much.
Speaker 2: Parker says Kobe never spoke to him in two seasons as a Laker teammate. It was over if they asked him a question about Kobe. He said it was an overrated experience player with Kobe Bryant. He said he's tried to start a friendly conversation with Kobe about a football game the previous night and Kobe said, you can't talk to me. You need more accolades under your belt before you talk to me. Here talking about how y'all get done? Said we don't call him. We call WILLIAMMS. Parker over here.
Speaker 1: William Kobe could get a man conversation. He man, how you do? Man? Looks Smush should be happy. Kobe even allowed him to start. The man didn't start before Kobe. He was out of the league after Kobe. That's much, right, Yeah, the one I gave him sixty two Yet no, no, he lucky. Kobe even said those words to him. You just can't be talking to Coche Bryant old lady, oh Joe. See, that's what we different because we thought everybody to kure him. The squad got it, don't even matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kobe, Kobe was different, man, he was built different.
Speaker 4: You could just you can tell when I heard when I heard the story about what Smush said, I can see that. I can see Kobe being the type. You know, you ain't even done nothing yet, you ain't earned the right to even speak to me. In the fact that they had this the cubicle right next to each other, I can imagine Kobe not really speaking to him at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all, but you should be Yeah, he gonna be offended. True story. Lamar Odom called cold and say hey, Cole, Hey, where's the what's the name party tonight. We're supposed to be going to order the event. They're supposed to do some charity event. The first thing Kobe asked, Hey, how'd you get this number? How you get this number? Right? And he said, oh, what's the name? What's the name? Gave it to me, hung up, called that person you're fired. Don't ever give my number out without asking me first click, then called back, Hey, yeah, we're supposed to go to there round blah blah blah. That's the time he was off.
Speaker 3: Listen, Kobe stood on business on and off the court.
Speaker 1: Hey, when I did that. The next day I went to the I went to our team and hey, man, listen, if you do not make five million dollars or more, you can't talk to me. You can talk to the person who make five to five can talk to me, But if you make under five, don't talk to me directly. Hey.
Speaker 2: But hey, hey, oh Joe, you know NFL players, they had them kind of contract.
Speaker 1: But we've been there. What't a whole lot of five million dollar playoffs? Especially when I played basically the quarterback with all the one making that cint of breath. Oh man, man, how you go talk about don't talking to you unless you make five mines. I got, I got that, I got I got that high in tech. Man. I'm sorry, y'all. Here we go. Good, I got the track and I mean I got there. You go, love life. Let's talk about Lucas.
Speaker 2: Lucas said he met his wife when she was eleven years old, who just had They just had a child together, he says, but there's no basketball talk.
Speaker 1: Allowed when he's home. Hey, oh, you're gonna have to You're gonna have to rephrase that. You're gonna have to say when they were eleven, because when you say he met when she was eleven, people are gonna they were eleven. They were both left. Okay, okay, they were both eleven. I mean no basketball talk. I mean that's a good thing, man, right. You know, you when you're at home, you're trying to be home right, and if it works for them, that's amazing. Ojo, what do you say all the time? May a whatever works for you and your man? R. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Every everybody's different.
Speaker 4: You know, they have a set of rules when it comes to marriage, and everybody tries to follow that specific set of rules and it's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: Unless you do what you got to do, what works for you.
Speaker 4: And obviously listen Luca playing basketball twenty four seven, and obviously for us, for athletes in general, when you get home, that's your piece, that's your outlet away from whatever your craft may be or whatever job you may have. And when you go home, that ain't what you want to do. That ain't what you want to hear about, because you got to deal with it all the time.
Speaker 1: With damn, how would your dad work? Baby? Don't have to be about my day?
Speaker 2: God, I mean, come on home, o with yoae, I mean we're real, come home, you ask real, hey, real, how your day was? I mean to tell you. I know you had, I know you want them a couple of tours. Today you're telling her how many houses you said? You imagine rel saying, oh baby, when you come home, don't ask me nothing about my day. Don't ask me nothing about no real estate, about no houses, or about nothing.
Speaker 1: How you gonna feel.
Speaker 4: Your Yeah, I ain't gonna feel bad, because it depends how you feel. Because the stresses that might come with what she got to do. I don't want a part of that. And then when she come home, coming home is your sense of peace. That's your outlet away from all the bullshit. If you play football, if you play basketball, if you play any sport, you know, when you go home, especially if you're married, you want your wife and your home to be your safe haven and you don't want to come home to no bullshit.
Speaker 3: When you outside of the work, once you outside of the work for us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so did you have to set those rules before you Guys talked about that on your life, you know, like, hey, when we get home, let's whatever we got going on, let's drop outside. This is just us now.
Speaker 4: I't even have to say. You can tell you know you got you got to know your people. You know your lady based on the energy when she come in the house, you already know what time it is. You know something's already bothered her, that has that that has to do it work.
Speaker 3: No, you already know, you already know it.
Speaker 4: Listen, she could reel, can start a sentence, and I can finish it before she even say anything. So you already know you know it work. Ain't gonna have it should So I'm gonna take a different approach. I'm gonna take a different angle and make sure I engage in conversation, but it not having to do it work.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, I get to be a lady. She come over with work and she told me I ain't feeling good. She gonna get a meme. Will come on a cause you got something on your mind. I'm gonna take you that your mind. Then all of a sudden, she said, you know what, baby, I just had the best day. You know what, that's what you gotta do. That's what you gotta do with you see with y'all young boys, y'all need to listen to them on boys. Gil get y'all some game. Oh yeah, I got like I got like salmon, so you know, show you can staying with that. Well, I ain't even got no type of problems. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mariah, Mariah Mills, we all know who she was. She's the of young lady that uh we're dealing with Zion Williamson that put all of his business in the streets. And she resurfaced and said she had some advice from Zion. Since you want to you, since you want to send your publicist to talk s H I T about me in every freaking week, how about you get on a treadmill Speed three Level twelve maybe you should lose some weight and then go for it like an hour two second. How aby, stop drinking sodas free? How about practice doing three pointers? Everybody tried to tie to send you dunk all freaking day. Learn another move. It's getting it's getting bored and tired. You're tired and boring, just like we were, literally, just like you were in bed.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: She came like that.
Speaker 1: A you know what, that might be the girl that he probably really need. Nah. Hell nah, Now you don't put my business on in the street. Hell now I don't need you. But think about the jabs, right, put it on speed three? Yeah, get rid of She know him, yes, better, So that means most likely she was the one that was trying to keep him healthy. Nah. But she blew up the spot. Now, yeah, I would blow up the spot too. You got somebody else, Hey, I'm over here with you, fat ass, and then you over here getting some ball. Nah. He but guess what she's showing them wires.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep my mind shut because probably to keep me from keeping putting my business in the street. He gonna keep them things coming because he don't want he already got one. He don't want this other business in the street. So guess what he gonna keep me on the hush You know, hush money. That hush money good, that hush money come in hand to give him want with these women today. Man, they don't know.
Speaker 1: Hush money is the best money you out need to pay you no more. Thank you. Once you the fear, the fear of you telling, is what makes me write the check. Once you tell. I'm good.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I can figure this got told. We talked about that the other day. Now, we just talked about that other day. Everybody is loyal. Everybody is on their p's and q's. Everybody is loyal until the situation is no longer beneficial. And then you will see someone true colors come out. Yeah, because the opportunity that presents itself no longer beneficial.
Speaker 1: So I'm.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, Well you talking to the black male king. When I was a kid, because I showed you, I drop a dime on them. I tell on my sister, my aunts, my brother. They had to pay me dollar dollar to keep this information hush or I would tell Papa y'all school, He school Papa two dollars. Hey, I know you told us to go down to derreck queen. But we made a stop. We stopped off at such and such. Pay up by you snitch. You're a snitchy.
Speaker 1: You think I wasn't what I was.
Speaker 4: Hey boy, hey, hey, oh yo, we.
Speaker 1: Both don't have to give stitches because I can't do it. I had Barney Porto. I have Barney Porto speed die. They want to see Papa. Damn, I tell it. I tell Granted to my Hey, my sister made me mad one time. I told Granted, Uh Libby Chick's bank out of school. They wear the states burn. Guess what money started flowing again? You started flowing. Money started flowing. Hey, hey, listen, I tell it. Hey, the Anthony man, listen. I wish I could talk to some of these ladies before. Ladies, listen. If you're gonna, if you're gonna do it, do it right right. You gotta understand when you got somebody by the the cohone's Yes, I was hurt. I need one hundred thousand right now when I get in my car, I need another one hundred thousand when I get to the doctor, another one hundred thousand when it gets the piled.
Speaker 5: I need another one hundred thousand for me to put it in my mouth.
Speaker 1: I need another hundred thousand, Dad, I just got your five hundred thousand, and you know what he gonna do? Okay, oh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to do the pill gill because I don't think they go into the chop shop anymore. No, no, no, no, yeah, the pie. Oh no, that's that's that's that's true. Traumatic they ain't doing that the more so you gotta give up. You got to give them that peel. I don't know what's one with these new NBA. Well, we got them on the road. We got them in a little bag with us.
Speaker 3: Oh you got them in the yo.
Speaker 1: Y'all got him in the back playing d oh yeah, fifty dollars. Yeah yeah, those in the bag with us. Oh yeah, that's a throw Max. You know, we go to Miami. Probably had a little bit too much. Probably got a clean your system before you go back to the girl. Oh yeah, all day. You see what the NBA players got like six some baby Mahama's man. Hey, we ain't know for y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all y'all living living, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Babe, yeah, yeah, hey, I'm I'm you know what look here, man, I'm just glad there was no social media. Oh yo, we might have been we might have been bad off yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I call I caught social media on the back end. But I wasn't bad that.
Speaker 4: I think nobody really, nobody was really giving me no opportunity. You know, I was funny looking. I was funny looking while I was playing, So I ain't have to deal with none of that.
Speaker 2: But but o, yo, think about with the social think about the access that social media opened up. Because remember when you first got into the league. In order for you to know somebody was bad in Miami, you had to actually be there, be there. Ort to know somebody was bad in California, you had to actually be in La. Now all you got to do is just go to your exploring pay. Oh you in Colombia. Oh you in Brazil. Oh you in l A, You in Miami, You in Atlanta, You in New York Philly.
Speaker 5: Oh now we have Black Black Black Men's magazine. Yeah, we get the booking number, Go ahead, book them.
Speaker 1: For a party. Yeah, I'm about to be a shot. I got to ten down party girl.
Speaker 2: But you have to but also understand the type of woman that that's gonna be accessible to you. If a woman got a job, she's like, well, damn, I ain't gonna be able to take our work. Now, are you gonna pay for the day she missed? Yes, Or she's a plumber that works, has her own schedule. She has her own schedule, that's easy. What type of women are y'all talking about?
Speaker 1: The kind the kind that they be talking them o f's now, all we know is we know we know uh Miami Miami cinnamon spice. We only know strimmers because that's y'all got a different time schedule than us. See, we're done practicing about noon, one o'clock, right.
Speaker 3: Y'all, y'all done, y'all done that early.
Speaker 1: Man, we started practice at eleven. I better be out of that gym bout one right. So think about think about the women that are are available to us. None not no ones that have careers. Right. So you got strippers that's going in there, you know, going to get their little outfice for the night. By the time you know the real women. So you wear that over here to meet with that outfit you go wear tonight, wear that over here to meat. So we only dealing with slumlords. We ain't dealing with no educated women. No, no, we they at work when we when we're playing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 1: And by the time by the time they off work, we probably at work playing before the game. Then then we're going to the club or the strip club. They getting they're going to sleep ready for for work in the morning. So we don't get we don't get those women. Nah, we know band being them. Yeah, that's all ho cod coming here the stage, coming to stage number two. It's cold, and we know how you look by your name if you didn't have a name like days yet or Miami or no, that's so we're looking at. But who name is das ye in here de jall? Who Miami? Yeah yeah, London? Yeah yeah, you did co Coo? Honey?
Speaker 2: Now no, you gotta have a dam You got a name like co Coo. You got a name like Honey, You got a name like Cinema. Yeah yeah, but say everybody Mercedes, Nah, you should have called yourself.
Speaker 1: You go you not No Mercedes a Pinto. Hell No, I don't know where you get that. Take that name for her. I don't know who gave it to it, But she don't need to have that one. Uh huh. More like a L one.
Speaker 2: Fifty your name l one fifty. Rod ain't Sam. He said, Gil, that Lebron's wife really break down film with him. Yeah that's the truth.
Speaker 1: Listen, that's the true story, man, when I went over Lebron's house. I don't know if you heard the I think I think Richie Paul was on JJ's podcast when he was talking about this big gambling game we did. Yeah, like when we were doing the playoffs, Lebron wasn't gambling. He was with him in Savannah, was watching film breaking down tape on us. And you know, I'm like looking like, oh, well, that shit ain't gonna work because I don't like that play right, But the fact that that's what they were doing at a young age, because I went to coach like, man, hey, that's like a machine about to play against We were better than them. He was smarter than us. Wow, he was better prepared at an early ege. No one, I didn't. He outsmarted us in that series. He was just smarter than all of us. We took we took his his gift for granted, we knew the athleticism. We didn't know he was tactical, are you, Gil? You know, look chosen one on the cover Sports Illustrated. We know the three straight the championships in high school? Is he more or exactly what you thought he would be? Way more? Right? I mean I didn't. I didn't. I didn't think that. I remember my dad said, hey, you better get you better get ready. This summer. There's a kid coming in by the name Lebron James. He's like a hurricane. Ain't nobody care about no high school kid coming in. And then the first time I seen him, I was like, all right, okay, the athletic, the athleticism was different. And then just you know, being on the East Coast playing against him, I can just see it clicking faster and fast. So he had to guard me his first years or I was giving him that business, but you can see it like, oh man, by the time he's twenty, oh, we're gonna be in trouble. And this part I didn't. I didn't calculate. But watching him break down film and then watching them, I was like, oh, okay, he's gonna be something. The record word. But I just said, you didn't see You didn't see that he was gonna take care of himself and be exactly what he is today if someone said they lion, They're they're lying to you.
Speaker 2: For him to be able to do what he does, because he missed a lot of the Broni's and Bryce and Zouri, he missed a lot of that because he needs to get his rest, he needs to train, he needs to to to to have the physio and to make sure everything and he's at the gym getting up those shots.
Speaker 1: How important is it to have someone in your life that.
Speaker 2: Understands you, like Savannah understands Braun and not say I need some help with the kids.
Speaker 1: I've been there all day with the kids. Now that's your turn now. Oh no, no, no, that's exactly what the other ninety nine point nine percent of us get. I beg you all day with the kids here, right. So the fact that that they've been there from the beginning, the whole team, Maverick, it's the same group from day one. They all knew the objective and that ejective be better if it was be better than Michael Jordan. They all did they part, right, So we when we look and say what has he sacrificed, and we look at Bronnie and the family he sacrificed being with his kids right now, it's twenty years, twenty one one, twenty one years, So that means he didn't get to really be hands on with Bronnie. I was Bronnie's first trainer. Hey, give what you think? What you look like? Hey, you know I'm nervous for him, you know, you know what I mean, because he's not there to really instill what he can an end to him, right, It's been from a distances. That's what he sacrificed. Right. So the fact that you know, a Savannah has really gotten these boys to where they are just shows you what type of stability he's had this whole time.
Speaker 2: It's special because she's made it abundantly clear. She said, like some people want to start a business, and some people want to do this. She says, all I wanted to be with a wife and raise a family. So that means she gave up anything that she could possibly want to be outside of being a wife and raising a family to sacrifice because she knew what he wanted. I mean, think about somebody giving up them. You know, that's like a mother and a father sacrificing for their child. But she sacrifices sacrifice.
Speaker 1: Maybe what she wanted or what she could have achieved. So you know what, maybe you got I got them you Hey, you need I got this.
Speaker 2: I'm in the carpool. I'm gonna pick him up. I'm gonna be there when they look up in the stands, they're gonna see one of us. It's probably gonna be me, because I want you to be the best that you absolutely can possibly be. Now it gets to a point, Savannah, what do I absolutely have to be there for Bridie's first game considering what he went through this summer, the cardiac arrest, we don't know if he if and when he'll ever play again. Or I can't miss that under no circumstances. All Star Game Game one, I can't miss. I cannot miss that because I don't know. You don't get an opportunity to do the first again, to see your see your oldest play his first collegiate game. So now you understand, because remember, oh Joe, you and yeah, you know this. There's a great sacrifice to be the greater the the greater the person, the greater the sacrifices that they've made, and there is no balance for greatness. Anybody tell you there is the line, Go ask Vanessa, go go ask what need George, George's first wife, Go ask the greats.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the I ain't talking about you know, look there there there's a lot of good players. That's a grief. But I'm talking about this, this, this, this this, theyramid ask them, ask them. It's the one thing that I think as men, especially athletes, when we look at you know, Lebron James and the Kobe's Chris Paul, that that woman that's that understands them to a t, right, that that is the other half of them. It's an envy. Like you started looking around at the girls you chose, Like, man, what was I looking at? Like you know what I mean? Like it's like what was I looking at? What was I chasing? Because what I was chasen wasn't it? This is what I've wanted, Like my career would have been better if I had that, right, Like you know what I mean, Like if I had some guidance, some understanding, Right, Alfred, not a Robin. I don't need someone else there trying to be a hero with me, Alfred A everything is prepared for you to go be great? Right, come back hurt. I'll refix you going out there and save it again. That's what we're looking for. And I think that's what we when we sit here chasing. We're chasing looking for that and we don't know what it looks like. But when we do get it, we like, hey, hey, what's that it? How you doing? Cook and cookie and magic? Now?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Hey, how many women you think would have rolled out given the same circumstances, O jo She.
Speaker 3: Take it, take a special one, yeah, going going back.
Speaker 1: Out there with them on thing that that you would lay in, that that you would.
Speaker 3: Lay Yeah, a special one to take a special one.
Speaker 2: Look at Peyon Manning, Look at pay Manning. Now you know, O Joe, you know firsthand how much Peyton time he put in film study Brady until she's like, you know what, damn it, man, you've been promising me for the last seven eight years.
Speaker 1: Hang it up. Yeah, man, we got it. You ain't gonna stop. And I just can't.
Speaker 2: I just can't do it anymore. She went, She went as long as she could. Obviously there they're things there, you know, But again, she had her own career. You got to realize she got more money than he does. Now, maybe she's like, well a lot of some of the things I did.
Speaker 1: Stop, I did sacrifice for you, for the you know, to start a family, to raise the family. But Bayden, Bayden's uh boom, She's like, nah, have that man, Bret Brady, God that man. See see men, Brady's selfish man. That white privilege right there. Hell yeah, you gotta be selfish to be great. All of broke girls out and dated. You're telling me someone makes more than me, and I'm not gonna stop. I'm done, take my chic have them. What are you talking to? Excuse me, Gill.
Speaker 2: You suffering the same thing that I suffered because I didn't want the girl that wanted me.
Speaker 1: I wanted the girl. And so when you choose somebody to choose the girl that want you, not the girl you want, because the girl that you want ain't gonna be the ain't gonna be the one. Yeah no, that's fact. You have to you have to live. You have to live it. You have to live and learn. And when you when you look, man, you you you don't know any better. You you you not even you not even.
Speaker 2: Thinking at that point in time, You're like, man, I should have married this one, I should have had this in my college and then that didn't work out, or somebody because we all say this, I'm gonna get somebody that knows that knew me would I didn't have anything. I had this old raggedy car. I didn't have no indoor plumbing, and they know what, they know what it's like, the sacrifice and be there for me. Then if that doesn't work, I give then where do we go? It's because the one that we thought, uh, you know, it's like, oh Joe, it's like, well, you know, if the hall, if the high school or the college sweetheart doesn't work, well, damn even if you even if you're the seventh round that if you're on an NFL team, you in the NFL.
Speaker 1: It ain't like you know, I'm saying, hey, you're in the NFL.
Speaker 2: It's not like you know, well, you know, you work around the building. You actually in the league. So whether you a seventh round pick or a first round pick, hey.
Speaker 1: Are you that shot to play for the Broncos. Now it's a whole it's a whole different story. Too late now, Joe, Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, Oh Joe, what type of Christmas gift should you expect from your girlfriend when you're rich, and what should what type of gift should she expect from you?
Speaker 4: Let me see what type of gifts should I expect? First, I expect a gift. I expect her to give me a gift. Hold on, all right, this is this is the key. I expect her to give me a gift with her money, not money, I've given her right, so I expect a gift from her money.
Speaker 1: And for me, what I like.
Speaker 4: The things I like is I'm very simple. I'm very simple, especially on Christmas a day like that. Uh give me, give me, give me shades.
Speaker 3: You know, I love shades. I love me some shades.
Speaker 4: You can never have enough socks, tank tops and white tea's and I gotta.
Speaker 3: I love Dickies.
Speaker 4: And I'm throwing this out there now. She probably already knows I want Dickies. I like Dickies. Get me Dickies and I'm good.
Speaker 1: Hell, it sounds like you going to prison. You want up.
Speaker 3: That's just that's just that's that's that's dickie. Yeah, that's that's what I like.
Speaker 1: To Remember.
Speaker 3: I'm from Miami. Now I'm for Miami.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dicky Dicky's is all right, that's that's that's that's to go to. If you if you're just relaxing, you're going, you're going somewhere. You're throwing a pair of dickies.
Speaker 2: That's dickies, white tea tank top. Yeah, like you about to do it, like you're about to do with dme, sluss and swamp me. I tell you what, I'm gonna put some ramin on your books for you. Make sure you straight.
Speaker 3: I ain't going. I ain't going nowhere. I ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have that question. What type of gift should she expect from you? Oh?
Speaker 4: She you know, I cast him his I cast him hints throughout the year. Ye, I cast him hens throughout the year. You know they've seen your picture. Or you got to pay attention to something she will say while we're out somewhere, or she appointed something while we're in the mall.
Speaker 1: Yeah like that? You like? Oh you like this? Yeah? I turned to you did clearly you like it. You're right. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I want to say nothing because she might be in the chat. But I'm locked in. I'm ready for I'm lying, I'm ready for the twenty five.
Speaker 1: What do I expect? Man, I'm a man. Look here, man, this junk.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa wait wait wait wait, come on, bring it back, bring it, bring it back in. How are you going to expect something? And who are you expecting it from? Because I thought you were single?
Speaker 1: No, I thought I thought you.
Speaker 3: I thought you was in the portal.
Speaker 1: I'm a free agent. Okay, you know I'm about to take a few visits, though, I said, But what would I expect?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I may expecting less than you, O Joe. I just want to just hey, just give me a Oh Joe, they don't give me a card? I want a card?
Speaker 3: Hell on cards hell nah, he on.
Speaker 4: No, for all I've been, all I've been doing the past eleven months, walking with a.
Speaker 1: Car, we were done.
Speaker 2: I promise, I promise you whatever she whatever she gives me, is not gonna be the equivalent of what she's gotten ass deleven months in twenty four days, right, I promise you that. Now what I have gotten diamond roll legs, and uh no i've gotten them.
Speaker 1: I hadn't received diamond roll legs big you know, big diamond their rings, per sis, I mean whatever. A lot of time they say I want the cash, Okay, no problem, because I would prefer to give someone cash because I want them to.
Speaker 2: Get exactly what they want. I like that because I nothing makes me feel worse that. And you know when you've gotten a.
Speaker 1: Gift that they don't really like.
Speaker 3: That happened before. Yeah you got you got a woman a gift and she didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah she didn't say she did. She didn't say she didn't.
Speaker 3: You could tell her body language, you can tell yeah, yeah, yeah, what was it?
Speaker 1: I don't even want to say.
Speaker 3: Say said said. We ain't gonna laugh, No, it was no hell no, ship boy.
Speaker 1: We got a gustling up about y'all about to give y'all forget. I'm in a loud chat and I'm loud. I'm about to start cuddling up a store. But let me just say, I've spent fifteen bands on it. Oh my god, oh hell man, I'm gone. Oh what spend fifteen bands on it?
Speaker 4: She got fifteen thousand and she had the nerve to like it. You know it's all good ojo oh no, no, no boy, you know woke me up now, I'm up.
Speaker 1: Now that woke me up.
Speaker 3: So ungrateful unnellyfish.
Speaker 1: Anybody that's ever dealt with me or tell you that's my pet peeve number one. I hate ungratefulness. I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 2: So that's why that's broke. That's why, that's why I stayed a little while longer. It wasn't your day, Nazi.
Speaker 3: The devil is a lie.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. That's the problem because we naturally judge. When we say we're not gonna judge you, we're judging you. If I'm spending fifteen thirty thousand on you and you getting me a card, I mentally have put you in a whole different category, right because I'm making you feel special if you don't have no money, make me feel special, like fruit loops from scratch. Do something to make me feel special, right right, Like give me a car.
Speaker 2: Do something that you myself. Hey, your call me, your call be say he where where you at? I'm in the back seat, Okay, I'm hold away.
Speaker 1: That that good for me? I ought you, I'm good. I see that's the fact.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, See the difference between men and women. If a man tell you you ain't gonna if I tell you you ain't got to get me nothing and you don't get me anything. I mean exactly what I say. If a woman tell you ain't got to get up something, don't you bring your ass at the house without getting out on the bay or a cris bus about man, you you're asking for a fight.
Speaker 1: Now. If I say, don't give me something, get me something, because the other girls is getting me something, and I'm going I'm judging you. Got hey, I don't even I let them know this competition always. I treat relationships like the NBA. Hey, they can always be us up. Hey, we stopping over here, So we something. I'm backing like I'm twenty years old. We something.
Speaker 2: You got franch Okay, you got franchise. You got a max player, uh huh face of the team. Yeah, and then you got you know some au dealery players have we.
Speaker 1: Got some role players? You know they come in for special Yeah, come in play some D They got some three.
Speaker 3: And D Yeah, old Joe, Yeah, I can't yeah that that.
Speaker 1: You don't do this no more. I gotta do it for us.
Speaker 3: I never was able to do it because that comes with a price, and you gotta pay to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got that that kind of break deal. Hey, I'm gonna pay to play all day? Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you better than me?
Speaker 1: With you? What you what you're paying for?
Speaker 4: I can get for free. So I'm gonna go ahead and save a little. I'm gonna save a little change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yo, I want the head with it. Yeah, I don't like the headache that comes with free. Right? Right? So you so you basically playing Gill. You're paying. You're paying for no problems, no headaches, no questions. It is what you say.
Speaker 2: You understand your role, you understand why you brought on the team. Play your role, or I'll find someone else to feel it.
Speaker 1: Opt Listen, I act exactly like no chill, right, you can get replaced if you argue, there's someone who don't. So why am I messing with your your mess? Right? If I'm paying your rent, I'm paying her rent. You argue she don't. Goodbye? Hmmm, yes that much? See hey, Joe, see that why we can't complete with the mover? Talk about I can't play. I can't play multiple rints. I can pay two peper rents minding one of us, I can't pay two, three, four, five? Oh no, hey, that's it?
Speaker 4: Did they played by different set of rules and it's a different game, Ojo.
Speaker 1: Before we go in for O Yo, I will say we did it.
Speaker 2: We've officially hit five hundred thousand subs halfway to a MILLI congratulated, y'all.
Speaker 3: I appreciate y'all. I love you. I woke up out my sleep for this. Wokeack. You know I got a rollbone. I won't never come on this this this, You know I was robone. I appreciate what I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, you do realize I got I'm hosting first take tomorrow. I'm feeling in for steven A.
Speaker 3: This is the funny thing about it. You host the first take.
Speaker 4: And you still ain't bringing me on, and you the head and you're the main man for the next two days.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, on Joe, how many times if I worked at any job and I feel them for the boss, you think I can go out and hire somebody else?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, But did he come back and say you don't I hire two people if he is given.
Speaker 4: If you the main dog, if you the chief for the next two days, therefore you need to act like the boss. Well, you know what, I got a plus one. I want to bring with me what you doing to me, is you acting like you on college that goddamn orientation. Orientation is over. Your foot is in the goddamn though.
Speaker 2: If I no, no, my foot's in the door. I ain't in the door. My foot's in the door. I gotta get all the way in the door.
Speaker 4: You all the way in the door, because if you wasn't all the way in the door, he wouldn't be having you take two days while he's off doing whatever you need to do.
Speaker 1: No he he And they, first of all, stephen A had to agree to this.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts, who's Jimmy Burke, Magnus, Jimmy Patarro and Bob Iger.
Speaker 1: Bob them know me.
Speaker 3: They were good. That might excuse me. I almost say something, then, my people.
Speaker 2: I appreciate stephen A and all the people that I just named having having confidence that I could do this well.
Speaker 3: They need you need to have the confidence to let them know that I could do it too.
Speaker 1: He acting like like they ain't got no zoom call they can zoom you. No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to zoom.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be on st Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can catch a flight, I bet I bet I can get that before ten o'clock tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: You get here before ten o'clock tomorrow, money, We're gonna be long gone. We from we home from seven.
Speaker 3: To nine, just just working magic for your boy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Get you oo oh Joe, see you the type of guy that I get the job? You know, I working at foot locker. Gil, Hey, I get that what today? He already asked me to say about. Hey, once in the box of shoes outside for me, bro I just got in. Let me let me get it. Can I get the manager status? Let me get the manager status? I said, everybody else schedule. Then I'll be able to hook you up when you get a discounts soon as you get the job.
Speaker 1: Give me your dish.
Speaker 3: Get I'm talking about. Thank you, Thank you, Gil, Thank you?
Speaker 1: Hold up? Who get who you say? Who you say? You get the job, you get a discount, Give me that one.
Speaker 3: I come in the two.
Speaker 2: Let me use your discount. But see you, you have to understand how I came in. You know I didn't can't come in under the under the greatest of circumstances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first of all, you one right now, what are you talking about? Yeah?
Speaker 4: The funny thing, Yeah, and the funny thing about it is you ain't just bringing anybody on you, bringing somebody that's gonna move the needle. When he's on there with you, it's a different it's a whole different ball game. And I'm sure that Bob and Jimmy and whoever else understand that dynamic issues.
Speaker 3: Bert Roberts, Yeah, I know they see this. Yeah, yeah, Burke, curse Burke, hatless your boy.
Speaker 1: I lost her, not Burke, Burke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said Burke, I said Burke.
Speaker 1: I lost his phone number like Ernie and Burke, Ernie and Burke.
Speaker 3: Yeah no Burke, Burke. B you r ya.
Speaker 1: Okay, b b Okay, Burt, I guess yes. So, oh Joe, can I get here?
Speaker 4: Let me get okay, okay, So since since I can't come, and just give your boy a shout out tomorrow man, like the DJ, the DJ, Yeah, like the DJ when the DJ walking the club and so and so, so and so and hit the night.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, I see I see my boy over there popping bottles.
Speaker 4: H shock, Yeah, yeah, there you go. Yeah, just similar shout out on TV. I'm gonna be watching.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna recorder so I can I can show my kids.
Speaker 2: So I want to make sure thank you, guys, make sure you hit that like button. Make sure you hit that subscribe button, Nightcap. You've done a great job. Let me go back down here. I got to pull my dog up my my special guests on Wednesday night on night Cap. Make sure you hit that light and subscribe button to Gill's a renal channel.
Speaker 1: It's on YouTube. Make sure you like.
Speaker 2: Make sure you subscribe to gills Arenal channel. Monday Show airs Monday through Thursday, live at eleven thirty am two thirty specific time at my correct Gill, Yes, sir, eleven thirty am Pacific to two thirty two thirty that's two thirty Eastern time. We've also pinnished shave by Laportier at the top. Make sure the holidays are right around the corner. Guys, make sure you go grab a bottle for you or a loved one. And again, thank you, thank you so much for helping Nightcap reach officially half a million. Oh Joe, we got to do something special. Hit a million, Oh Joe, we got to do something special.
Speaker 1: I got what we're gonna do. What I heard you like? Uh? Was it was? It be nasty?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm about to send her in one of her friends right now on me. Hey, get your get your out. How about you? Hey, you need your grandma covers on the couch when she come in town.
Speaker 3: You gotta get ready to shave them covers. Black.
Speaker 1: Hey man, it just hit five hundred. Want to be gumming right now, go and build my music. I'm gonna right now one more for good measure. Uh.
Speaker 2: Cam Production said, Uh, don't listen to old Joe. He's trying to get you fired on your day off.
Speaker 1: Nah. Well it actually was supposed to be my day off.
Speaker 4: Right Listen, if I get on there, you ain't getting fired. Where you're gonna get a raised. I'm gonna make sure you get a raised.
Speaker 2: Man, you do I mean, I mean obviously, Like I said, over the last four months, Steveenator and I stemen A and I have become very very close. But for him to trust me, it says okay, hey, big boy, can you do it? And for the bosses to uh to reach out and say, hey, we want you to do this, obviously it means a lot and knowing because I was like, oh man, I'm like, man, I got I got, I got nightcamp Wednesday, and you want me to do Thursday?
Speaker 1: Front. I got Nightcap for Thursday, and I got Club Shayshae. I'm I'm taping Club sh sh tomorrow now. So by the time I get from get from down, you know, get downtown eat, I got to head over to the spot and do a taping. But you can't ask God to give you something and then complain about how much you put on your plate. You said you was hungry. Now what you say, Oh Joe, you we said we were hungry. We wanted this. We can not complain now about how much you're giving us to eat. I like that, and so that's that's what I aid. That's what I'm gonna do. Gil. We had someone in the comments, says Gil, who's on your mouth? Rushmore for Lake, for the Lakers, for the Lakers. Yes, Magic got the one cold lebron Kareem and Shaq.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you got to start and find we just wanted four, but we'll let you put five then, Shaq.
Speaker 1: Man, you paulk Reed, the man just failing the concert. He still can't get no love. I'm just one more person disrespecting him. Hey, I've just got in line. I ain't doing here o.
Speaker 2: Jo Corey Higgs said he tried the urine treatment on his ankle, and he can now dunk.
Speaker 3: I told you, I told you, I told you. All you got to do is heat it up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Something about the toxins in the urine that absorbs all the swelling and any any anything in there. Man, It's just it had you back to normal in two days.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I don't want I don't want to I don't want to be normal. Life lessons asked who's more athletic? Football players are basketball players? What you think, Gil, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: It's different athleticism I think overall, like jumping ability up and down, I think football players. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like when it comes to just max verting, its football players. Yeah, I think we're more. I think we're more athletic. What you think, o, Joe.
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Hoopers?
Speaker 4: I mean hoopers got bounced? Man, Yeah, there's some hoops that got bounced. But I think I mean, I mean, it's it's different types. It's too different type of athleticism and movements in general. Right, Damn, that's crazy. I probably say football players, especially based on the position you play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I think it's football players. Also, thunderclap what position?
Speaker 1: Gil?
Speaker 2: They're asking you thunderclap ass Gil, What position would you play in the NFL?
Speaker 1: Who's the dude that's RNT next to the gatoryde thing? Is that the water boy? That equipment guy? Hey, I'm not going out there getting hit. You see a hard I got. I played poporner playing for the East Valley Trojans. Try to quarterback sleep, I woke up as a basketball player. Knock my helmet off and everything. I'm good in this sport. Okay, uh huh, yes, no, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Funny story. Jayleen Dorsey had said, funny story. Monday night, my girl yelling in her sleep, have my heart rake about two two of the beasts per minute.
Speaker 1: I could hear my heart.
Speaker 2: Pumpet just had to ask, have y'all ever heard people around you sleep sleep talk or sleep walk?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, I'm sleep, I'm sleep.
Speaker 1: You ain't never heard anybody talking this sleep man?
Speaker 3: When I'm sleep, I'm sleep. The fact that I was able to answer that phone call and you woke me up, I don't I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I don't even I don't know how I did it. But I'm a light sleep. I'm a light sleeper though. Yeah, you ever heard anybody sleep, sleep talk or sleep walk. No, I've never heard of abody sleep walk, but I heard people's talking to sleep.
Speaker 1: I was it here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, m hm nah, So they don't. They don't usually spend the night bed kel kel b eighty nine. Oh Joe, I'm shooting my shot. I'm a wedding photographer and a damn good one. I want to photograph your wedding. You love saving money. I'm doing it for free as a fan. How do I get in touch? Ps?
Speaker 3: Love the show, Hey boss man.
Speaker 4: Anything having to do with the wedding that's on the missus end, So you would have to send her a message. She will respond, especially for something as important as that and saving money. You know her and I on the same page, so she will respond to you if you send her a tweet, and I'm sure she would oblige.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, though, Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe, I want to thank you for I don't think you will sleep. I don't think. I don't think you will sleep, but I appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 3: If I wasn't sleep, I wouldn't have on my road.
Speaker 4: I jumped out to bed, hooked my laptop up, put them a robe, and put on some glasses just because I knew I had to pay that massa damn.
Speaker 1: Rode well, I couldn't. I mean, I try to trust me, I was asleep. I couldn't. I couldn't thank everybody for five hundred thousand without you.
Speaker 3: Right, just go look right you right well listen, I mean shit, you're leaving your first take. Shure you did that.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I tell you what when we do three quarters in a MILLI I wanna let you have it. You're gonna take the whole show by yourself. You're gonna take you gonna take nightcap. You got nightcap all to yourself. Whoever you want to have or you have reil, you have the kids. I'm gonna let you have it.
Speaker 3: Wait when we hear what, when we hit what, we can.
Speaker 1: Hear either seven fifty or a meal, I'm gonna let you have it.
Speaker 3: Oh, let me let me tell real. I can get to seven fifty by next week. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: You got it, you can have whatever. Guess hey, you set the lineup for the gas. Whoever you want to come on?
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, speaking to guest, I sai some money bag, yo, say you want to come on? As a guest man.
Speaker 1: Uh when.
Speaker 3: It is on him. So we got to hit seventy fifty first, right yep? Okay, bet bet, yep.
Speaker 1: I heard it. I heard it.
Speaker 2: But we are but we are, you know, we're trying to get some things together for you know that that big trip we got. We got a big trip.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about over there? And with a with a spear at the spear spear? Okay, yep, I'm ready. I'm ready. Let's get mail. Let's get this Zail.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know if dem Zel gonna be there.
Speaker 3: You show up.
Speaker 1: I mean he does, he does. He does like sports, but I don't know that.
Speaker 2: You know, we got to keep it strictly sports and then let him log off before we go into the other stuff. Now, he would be good on life's lessons, about discipline, about sacrifices. It's going to be interested to him because Paul Atte uh pault what Paulta called Paul Atte Washington, she sacrificed. She was a classic pianist. Pianist you know John David, which is his oldest son. All of them are in the business. They work in some capacity, either in front of the camera, behind the camera. I think John David is really the only one that's in front. I think the others are behind the camera. So it would be interesting to see a career that spanned four decades and to how he was able. She I mean, if you know them, you know her. But she never like, for whatever reason, she's like, Okay, baby, you gonna do your thing. I'm gonna hold this house down. I'm gonna make sure the kids have X, Y and Z. You go ahead and build this empire. Takes a special type of.
Speaker 3: Person to do that, O Joe, Yeah, it does, Yes, she does.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us for a special edition of Nightcap Basketball. Want to thank yover the reners for joining us. Make sure you click hit that like, hit the light button, subscribe, hit the subscribe button. We are now officially five hundred thousand subscribers on Nightcap. We could not have done it without you. Make sure you like and subscribe to Gills or rental channel. It airs Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty a m. Pacific time two thirty pm Eastern Time. We've also pinned shaved by Laportier at the top of the chat. The holidays are right around the corner. Make sure you go ahead and order yourself yourself a bottle or for someone.
Speaker 1: That you love.
Speaker 2: Your boy gotta get to bed because you gotta get up early in the morning be cause your boy got a hurt. Host first Take me and the crew. I don't know who's gonna be on there with me, but time.
Speaker 3: What you're gonna do soon this first take start tomorrow? What you're gonna do?
Speaker 1: I was like, Hey, how y'all doing. I have't been on TV in a long time, so I want to say, oh Jo, oh Joe, can I get you know, can I get here? Can I get in? Can? I mean? Can I get in? Like I mean, have mercy? So you just want me so you see what I'm saying. Gil, as soon as I get, as soon as I I got, I just got the job at foot locker. He already wanted me to sit a pair of shoester side. Just give me.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 4: I used to work at footlocker. As soon as you soon as you started foot locker, you get a family discount. You get a family You have a family discount. Soon as you get as soon as you're on first Take tomorrow, I ain't got no disco.
Speaker 3: I need to hear. Oh, I know you're watching.
Speaker 1: I love you baby.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get you on here one day, that's all.
Speaker 1: I don't know you watching. I know you watch.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm gonna be up because I'm gonna be waiting on that shot out. I'm gonna recording my TV and I'm gonna tweet it. I'm gonna tweeted it out. If you, if you, if you, Yeah, that's my boy right now, that's my boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I appreciate you guys. It's time to call her the night Gil.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us this Wednesday on Nightcap the special Edition Basketball if only you can do. Appreciate your insight, the lessons, the stories, uh o yo Nightcap.
Speaker 1: We're back again tomorrow. Thank you for joining us. All right, Jill my least all Oji lep Bro appreciate you alright out yeahm