Speaker 1: Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan pauls in here with Fred Smooth and Santana Moss. How you guys been I'm good.
Speaker 2: You a hater, but I've been good.
Speaker 3: You know why am I a hater? Man?
Speaker 2: Because you hated on me last week? Time about I ran a four to four eight, And I mean it calls an uproar in the community to Washington. Everyone's everybody to be like, how you let London one past than you? And I was like London was naked and he was one hundred and ninety three pounds at the time. So at the end of the day, yes, you were probably I.
Speaker 1: Think you brought up a good point at like John Carroll, right, that's where I went to school. Yeah, he ran thirty five and it was probably downhill, right. They want him to look as good.
Speaker 2: As he was the first and only athlete to do great things. They had to build him up.
Speaker 4: I told you all the story about London catching me when I played. Yeh, London was pretty fast.
Speaker 2: It was super fast. I don't know what is forty one.
Speaker 4: But when I when I when I.
Speaker 2: Got up off the ground and looked bag us who got me by one?
Speaker 1: An I'm like, and he doesn't look like he would be fast just looking at and I like, what is my guy?
Speaker 2: That make Flitch so great? The intangibles in it. He's not the biggest, he's not the strongest, he's not the like he just has won't to it won't do made him great.
Speaker 1: But also four to three is pretty good, though, I will say, like he's got some I didn't know he was at this under question though, so maybe we'll ask maybe you know, I've got I've got an investigative team looking for your forty, your official forty.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: So I need to go talk to the head coach of John Carroll to get a true vision of what happened that.
Speaker 1: All right, Soday actually got a really fun show. All Right, Okay, we're gonna build our team with fifteen dollars, and so what we've done is we've kind of priced out all these different players and so to give you an example, so for the quarterback, for example, we got Sonny Jurgensen as our five dollars quarterback. Yeah, Sammy Ball is the four dollars quarterback. Ye Mark Renell and Mark Mark Brunell is a three dollars quarterback. Sam Howe is a two dollars quarterback, and Rex Grossman my favorite player on this list, a one dollar quarterback.
Speaker 2: Right, Rick, That's so funny because Rix, I'm the reason Rick start playing started playing. Yes, we played Florida and what and we we just Jesse Pulman okay, and further just threw Rix in there and Jabaika all them was bathing at the time, and then they started from them four. So Rick should thank me for his career.
Speaker 1: So you get to pick one quarterback. Let's go running backs real quick. We got John Riggins yep, okay, Clinton Portis, Stephen Davis, Brian Robinson Junior as the two dollar guy, and Ladell Bets as the one dollar guy.
Speaker 2: That's so damn good.
Speaker 1: Was he good?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: He was so good?
Speaker 1: I don't remember Ladell.
Speaker 2: First of all, he could catch way better than people think you all right, he could run about. Don't forget the year that Clean got hurt. The dal field went like twelve hundred yas. I didn't realize that he was dead.
Speaker 4: Boys, I didn't realize that he was one of those backups almost like how they had that situation in Dallas this past year where the backup was almost better than the started. Yeah, Clint was just he was just he was just Clinton. Yeah, but Thendale could could start.
Speaker 3: Anywhere, all right?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 1: And then for receiver we got five dollars. We got Art Monk and we got our very own yeah for four dollars. That seemed I mean, yeah, four dollars. Do you think that's a big man?
Speaker 2: You know, I love I love a big mac. I called it a big mix because I don't get big Max House, I get like mayonnaise and states we got.
Speaker 1: We got Terry McLaurin for three dollars, which seems like really good value. Antoine Randall l for two, and Jamison Crowder for one, who seems a little bit low for me. You remember playing with him, right, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Play with Crowded was the reason why they didn't bring me back.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's like, I mean, off season, Hey, we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna be gonna go drafted guys, so we'll let you go and be a free agent.
Speaker 2: Crowded just got hurt too much for.
Speaker 1: Me, Okay, all right, But he had that kind of like slot ability that God sluck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: D Lion linebacker, we got Charles Man for five dollars, Ryan Ryan Kerrigan for four dollars, John Allen for three dollars, LaVar Arrington for two, and Rocky McIntosh.
Speaker 2: Of value from three to one down three to one dollars. Yeah, a lot of it.
Speaker 1: I feel like the value there is John Allen for sure. Yeah, all right, and then uh dB, we got Darryl Green five dollars, that makes sense, Sean Taylor for four, ye Camp camp Croll for three, Fellows Rogers for two, and Reid Dowdy one of my favorite players I ever played with, for a dollar.
Speaker 2: Read now, most people don't understand it. Red could not hear.
Speaker 1: It was actually deaf. He was read as usually joking, but he was actually was. He had a degenerative hearing issue. Yes, all right, So I think we should make one team amongst the three of us. So we're gonna have a little bit. We're gonna have a little bit of debate here as we go through. So we gotta kind of keep track. Jason, can I have a pen please when you have a chance. Thank you. All right, let's keep track of this. So I want to start with how do we want to build our team? We want to start with quarterbacks. Yeah, and then we start with quarterbacks. So to me, when I look at Suddy Jergensen, like he is the goat. He led the league in passing two times in his career, two time MVY like it was like an MVP. He was a pro bowler five times. He was awesome statistically for his era. He was in saying. So I actually looked up when he led the league in passing both years he would have been in the NFL last year would have been tenth in passing.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is great.
Speaker 1: It which is crazy. And in fourteen games and his completion percentage in I think sixty nine was better than a lot of quarterbacks. They so yeah, so yeah he So to me, five dollars seems like if you want to build like you're the Peyton Manning of this organization. Yeah is him, I think.
Speaker 2: But ba, I'm so glad you brought that up. Come on, dal, like you're talking about getting the ball out of.
Speaker 1: Your hands, and he could and he could run, he could throw. So to me, the best so Sonny is like the name right, But to me, the best value at the quarterback spot is Sammy Baugh because I think Sammy bough is arguably but I mean it's the most important position in sports, Fred, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: But I did play with Mark Brunel. He was Tanna's quarterback, So Tanner, you got to argument too much that Mark couldn't do.
Speaker 1: But Mark, when he was here, it was kind of near the tail end, right, Tanna like I liked.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 4: Mark left here and played well with New Orleans for a year. That showed that he still has some in the tank, you know. And I was I was pissed in six when we benched Mark and put Campbell in because one, it's not because Campbell wasn't ready, I mean or worthy. I didn't think he was ready at the time, still young pup, and the things that Mark was dealing with, it was mostly because our officeer line just wann't.
Speaker 2: He wasn't good, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So this guy here, he can't. He's not as mobile as he used to be. And then you're saying, all right, drop back and and flinting down the field. So I'm tell you right now, if we're picking quarterbacks, let me be the first.
Speaker 3: We're gonna spend three dollars.
Speaker 2: We're not spending We got a team. We're gonna spend three dollars from Mark.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this, samaw Samy Baugh is arguably the greatest football player and.
Speaker 4: Right now for our team, that's three dollars.
Speaker 1: So my guy, So just think about this. We can go four dollars for him, and then we go three dollars at receiver, three dollars at running back, three dollars or wherever we want, three dollars at d line, and then I would I'd rather go two dollars, no one, no, no, okay, no no, because you get a two dollar running back. Brian Robinson is a two dollars running back.
Speaker 2: Bro I can go one dollar with bit, Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's what I'm saying with Sammy Baugh. That's four dollars. You just need to be a dividend somewhere else. So I look at the running back spot and it's Brian Robinson and the Dell Bets, and we both think those are really good football players, right, and we can still go three dollars at every other spot.
Speaker 2: I can go three dollars and get tear.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm That's what I'm saying. So so I don't so I'm gonna so I'm gonna put we're gonna put three or four here. I'm gonna put a slash that we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna make it.
Speaker 2: So, So where we're going, Mark Sami Ba.
Speaker 1: I would go, I would go Sammy Bo.
Speaker 2: Let's go you. Sammy Ba is what we agreed, Okay.
Speaker 1: So Sam okay, So Sammy Ball is what we're thinking. And obviously if we if we like someone else out of the spot. I think Mark Wodell is a nice fallback. So between those two, Okay, So let's go to receiver. We got Art Monk.
Speaker 2: You gonna skip running back.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna go all it's different on your s sheet. Okay, So let's go, let's go running back.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So we got John Riggans five dollars, Clinton Porters four dollars, Stephen Davis three dollars, Brian Robinson two, Ladell bets one. And so I looked at these top three guys and the guy that was sneaky surprising for me was Stephen Davis. Boy baller.
Speaker 2: No, listen, dead boy. He was here my rookie year, when I got here, and when I say I had to hit him one time, my whole body failed. Listen to me, Steven was heavy, very it could run the A B, but he actually run the tops like he can run whatever you need to be done. Now, the question is in this DNA with his receiving skills.
Speaker 1: I agree, I think so. I think so, so, I think so. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm going forth.
Speaker 3: We're going four to three. And then we got four dollars for the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Three dollars for I can go one dollar. That's what I'm saying, can do it.
Speaker 1: I look at this and I say, in today's NFL, with the way the running back spend valued, I think Brian Robinson or Ladell bats I don't know that much about Ladell Bets.
Speaker 2: You played with him.
Speaker 4: So question is, are we gonna pick? Are we using this fifteen dollars for today's NFL? I think yeah, it would be the best player in today's day today. So if we go today's NFL, I like that. I like Sammy Bard for if we're gonna go, I would say, let's go Brian Robinson because he's playing in today's NFL. And then, and guess what I'm gonna say. I normally want to do this, but we're talking about today. If it's any player in the world I've ever watched or played with that want to see in today's NFL, I'm gonna go with me.
Speaker 3: For four dollars that.
Speaker 4: Of course, I have a valid argument for that, because I just believe that the way the guys are getting getting the ball these days, if I was ever in the offense that that that, you know, favored me that way, who knows what my numbers would have been.
Speaker 2: First of all, it also favors you in the fact that it's not physical anymore. You played in a very.
Speaker 4: Exactly today, singing with the most of.
Speaker 2: Today, you would get ten flags throw on your way because somebody at you too damn hard well in your day, in our date, they didn't care about it.
Speaker 1: And I also think that like to that point at like you, like look at Cooper Cup right inside outside ability probably probably in the slot, but like, look at what these guys are doing in the slot. The guy in uh in Detroit, Now, what's his name? Frank same Brown?
Speaker 5: Right, No, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna same Brown right like that, you are way faster, way more twitched up, larger Rolodex route stuff, and he's you know, a top ten receiver in the NFL Cooper Cup.
Speaker 1: Same thing. So I look at Tann and I'm like, absolutely, for four dollars we got we gotta pay attention though, because if so, think about this, If we go three dollars at every position, that's fifteen dollars. So we got to make sure we're balance here from a mass standpoint. So let's circle that. So we might have to go back. Who do we go for running back? Do we go Brian Robinson? We're going to delta.
Speaker 2: Let's go Brian Robinson going in now feels like Stephen Davis. He can catch like Ladale bits. He is the best out of the group.
Speaker 1: If we go Brian Robinson Junior, we're gonna have to save a buck somewhere else on this. Let's just it's up, Okay, all right, So let's go d line the linebacker here real quick.
Speaker 3: I like lear, I'm.
Speaker 4: Going Leavire because really he canvey in today's lead. The way we playing our odd guys with plays the position right now, it ain't we ain't talking about no drop off. We ain't talking about getting the Pro Bowl his first year and then dropping off.
Speaker 3: This guy he was to me, I feel like he was cheated.
Speaker 4: I felt like he was cheated because he didn't play in the defense that they would.
Speaker 2: Care to him, and they made him stand up behind the D line when he should have been rushing off the edge and they go to think about it if he if I.
Speaker 4: Hate and he's injured too, yeah at one point, so that too, kind of.
Speaker 2: I hate Pittsburg. Still, he would have been a gold jacket because he would have been rushing off the edge most of the time, and his athletic ability at that time. They couldn't miss it. They couldn't mess with it, they couldn't do nothing.
Speaker 1: With it because he basically played like off the ball seven.
Speaker 2: He was a four to four to two hundred and fifty five pounds six y three linebacker, Like this is.
Speaker 1: Not that ain't kind of like Michael person Yeah yeah, but like before Michael Parsons, before Michael Parson, is Michael if they were like just Michael Parsons play linebacker, Yeah, it was this is him. That's really interesting because I would have thought John Allen for three dollars would have been an interesting pick here, because you know, the value of defensive tackle on the inside is so much higher now.
Speaker 2: But I love the edge, The edge dominates, the edge messes with the quarterback a tad bit more.
Speaker 1: So you're saying LaVar Arrington over a guy like Ryan Kerrigan, And I agree financially Ryan.
Speaker 2: I just think LeVar had a little bit more athletic juice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think Ryan Ryan played and you know, played within the scheme of things.
Speaker 2: He backstay and what he did was he did his job.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you think about it when you're saying who made a who made you know? How like we say that quarterback that won the game, but the quarterback who just played well enough and through to the open person. If I had to look at these.
Speaker 3: Guys, who going to win me a game?
Speaker 4: The bar and the value and for the value in the bar gonna win me a games?
Speaker 1: Both played with LeVar, Yeah, he gonna win you.
Speaker 4: I played against I mean College when he jumped over the guy once and I'm like, who the hell is he jumped over the whole officer line and made a play. So, you know, and then we end up having to play Penn State and I'm like, this guy was lining up on me in the slot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how fast?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, why is this dude lined up on me in the slot.
Speaker 2: He runs sprints with us.
Speaker 1: It really was, it really was like he.
Speaker 2: Did not he did not run sprints with the line. He ran with us.
Speaker 4: So looking at the value and looking at all these guys, all these guys are great.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody who's on this list has the ability.
Speaker 2: They did what they need to do.
Speaker 3: But I believe for the value dollars.
Speaker 1: But also think if we go two dollars with var it lets us go Brian Robinson. You know what I mean. It allows us to balance it out.
Speaker 2: And it allows us to pick the best defense back.
Speaker 3: And last but not least. You know what we have.
Speaker 2: How dollars left?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we got two, we got four dollars, we got eight. Uh so right now we're at twelve dollars. We have three dollars, so we can't afford shun Cam. Okay, if you want to, yeah, if you want to go to pick Sean. But if you want to go Sean Taylor, we could either go Ladell Bets, which would save us a dollar, yeah, or we could go Tarry mclaurinett three, or we could go Mark Brunell. Yeah, right, So.
Speaker 2: I would rather go Ladale Betts and run battle and then keeps and then I won't shun like I won't shun because he translates to any day in era. Yeah, like he to be with and I And I've said yes on plenty of interviews when they asked me, could he change his style of play and not be that as physical, not be as physical with today's lead. He could.
Speaker 4: I think he could, but I still think it'd be a lot of.
Speaker 2: You don't care. One of the things about him.
Speaker 4: If you take him off some kind of way, he gonna say effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he coming at your throw.
Speaker 4: So player two, he's gonna say effort and he's gonna hit you and it might cost the team, but at the same time he's gonna set the tone.
Speaker 1: Are so in comparing, you know, cam Crow to Sean Taylor, the biggest differences between the two like because I just remember athletically, I think Sewan was.
Speaker 2: Analytic prowess shun. All right, we are of one percent, right, we like to joke with each other, who faster, who strong? It don't matter. We're a part of one percent that the world can never be a part of.
Speaker 1: Probably probably better than that, probably point one percent.
Speaker 2: But the one percent of the one percent I have seen, Like I had, I gotta, I gotta. I had the chance to play with Dayl Green, fastest man I had, I got the ability. I had the chance to play with Champ Bailey, one of the best athletes ever seen, LaVar Heriton, one of the best athletes I have ever seen. Sean was better athlete than all of them.
Speaker 1: Really, he was like that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I used to come to the one on ones and check one of our receivers and I remember it was crazy because both of us had just got to the team and.
Speaker 3: Sean, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So David Patty's like, man, hey, Sean, man, I'm not you know, I'm the old head. Why would you go there and check tenne and Sean. I'm like, okay, y'all just want to go against you, but I'm gonna get some of the ten or two later.
Speaker 2: And that's what And know that's who he is safety.
Speaker 4: Coming to one on one drill, trying to cut.
Speaker 3: The receiver receivers.
Speaker 4: And he would coming every now and then and and and that in front of me, and I'm like, sewing, chill out because I don't want you. No.
Speaker 1: No, he was like six two sixty.
Speaker 2: Three huge high school, and when he got here he was forty.
Speaker 1: No, it was not really rookie.
Speaker 2: He's a rookie year. Him and the bost next to each other the huddle. I couldn't tell the difference between one.
Speaker 1: Here was a huge and then what was this forty time coming out? I don't remember four three.
Speaker 2: Matter what he's on the field, never.
Speaker 1: Tell you the story. So Danny Smith, the old special teams coach guy, his first the first meeting, he says, like, what is the standard for special teams here in Washington? And he puts up a clip and it's Sean Taylor, and Sean Taylor goes to block the punt and he just barely misses it right, you know, like kind of right by his fingertips. He gets up, sprints, so catches up to the coverage unit and absolutely obliterates like three dudes blindside blind side one totally decleat runs up the punters coming decletes that dude.
Speaker 4: Guess but guess where he gets that from in not saying that he's not that guy by himself. If you go back and watch all the Miami film, Hey, don't even watch the Miami film. Go back and watch ed reed. He did the same thing, missed the block and got up and killed the guy. That was our standard at um man Our, our our special team coaches say, look here, we got some of the best returns from turners in the league. Every from from me before me, after me, we had some of the best returners. So if you was on that punk return team, it was showtime knowing that if you didn't block it, get up and hit somebody because every turning he's gonna go to distance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting because and we talked about like kind of making a team for now right. And one of the things about Sean Taylor, at least as you described him, it sounds like he could play linebackers, could play safety, could play that buffalo.
Speaker 3: Up at the.
Speaker 2: And I can put him a wide receiver if I really wanted to.
Speaker 4: Did sometimes we did that, did that he was running face and goal line crazy.
Speaker 2: Put him in wide receiver and I could actually get if I got him and ten on my team, I got two returners too. Yeah, Sean return plant.
Speaker 4: So Sean Sean led led all high school football in Florida in touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Well, it's so interesting because we talked about guys that maybe were a little bit out of the other spot. And like, you know, I think Sean fit that era.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I think he's even more like he reminds me a lot of Derwin James, who everyone considers.
Speaker 4: Darren jam He said, I want to be that guy. Ye know what I'm sea because he's to me, the closest out of all Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he played the position.
Speaker 1: So I think we're good. Let's just review our guys real quick. So Sammy ball all right, because I mean I feel like he threw the ball like he was the best quarterback in his era. He was the best runner in his era, right, and bringing that skill set a guy who like can throw like Patrick Mahones but run like Lamar Jack. That's kind of what you're talking about. Yeah, he's got that ability, right, So I think that's good, good value for four dollars and then for running back. We weren't really cheap, right, And I don't know, I don't have a lot of file on the doubt bets. I remember thinking he's a good player.
Speaker 2: He could do everything. He can pass, block, he can run a yeap, he could, he can run the tops. He can catch the ball way better than Peter could.
Speaker 1: He kind of be that modern back.
Speaker 2: You think he could he could play right now today and be dominant. Yeah, he could play today, right now and be dominant, especially because his low center of gravity. Like the one thing I never seen from Ladell. I never seen him fall, really like I don't like to see my running backs fall. Yeah, absolutely, like he never fall. He never failed at practice.
Speaker 1: And I think it's really interesting when you look at the top guys, right, you look at John Riggins, Clint Porter, Stephen Davis. How much has the game changed now right for those that because those guys.
Speaker 2: I love Rego, But Rego couldn't play to day.
Speaker 1: Yeah he'd be fullback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, full line back, you'll be all start.
Speaker 4: Porters could play today too, h Porters could play today. You know, we talking about value, were just trying to get the cheapest guy we can be able to make a great team.
Speaker 3: So Porters could definitely play the day.
Speaker 4: And then one of the things about Porters that stands out more than all these guys blocking you know.
Speaker 1: So, so do you remember watching those cutups with Kyle of Clinton that's protecting So I remember there was a there was a preseason game. This was back when preseason was real. We're playing the Jets, and you remember Jenkins, that noseguard that weighed four hundred pounds, so they basically had this defense the Jets did where he would walk up and he was the spinners, Chris Jenkins, and he walked up in the A gap and ran so from five yards off time to snap up and ran up in the A gap. Clinton portis like, this is when I was like, that's that dude. He stepped up and full on blitz protection four hundred and fifteen pounds to the face. Bro Like, I could not believe it. The amount of snapped that he had and the courage it took to do that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: We don't want I don't want to be long winded with this.
Speaker 3: You good with names.
Speaker 4: What's this linebacker name that played for the for the Broncos that played in Tennison.
Speaker 2: Oh al Wilson.
Speaker 4: Al Wilson, so Porters that just left from Denver.
Speaker 3: He was two years here. It was my first year here.
Speaker 4: So remember he came in four, I came in five. We played in Denver. Al Wilson came on the blitz or whatever it was. Porters hit him so hard. I watched the dude somersault and look go the other way.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Remind you it's why the play going on. I saw this happen because I came in motion or something.
Speaker 2: I wanted to fight.
Speaker 4: He got up and straight wanted to fight.
Speaker 3: Se P. Oh, it's like that.
Speaker 4: And see P laughing, y'all know what time? And you know I said, he talked all soft man, y'all know what time? Then, So I'm walking back to the hudlelight Seper, you crazy. That's al Wilson, Like, I just.
Speaker 3: Know the dude.
Speaker 2: He was like, damn bull, you know what I mean. The guy had the fast head of all heads. He just looked like he looked like he ate red meat all this night.
Speaker 4: You know, I get to the huddle, I'm like, see you straight because I'm like, I'm already got that mindset we got we're gonna have to fight in a second, you know what I mean. See P said, man, they know, and I thought about I'm like, oh, you came from them by against each other. They know what time it is, Tanna And the next guy came the next play. He hit him in the mouth too. I said, oh yeah, see pe got all that nothing look as and I love I wanted cep the entire game. But I really truly believe that Al said, you know what, I ain't gonna go and knock on that door unless I got you know what I mean. The first time I knocked and he showed me he was there, I ain't knocking again unless I got to. And it was incredible to watch that.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest question that running back could he translate today is Stephen Daves his hands was and then you think, but Steve is huge, more you and Steve he was.
Speaker 4: He was more athletic than people gave him to for his side because you didn't see.
Speaker 2: A big guy.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Athletic is crapping. I used to sit there on other teams, you know, I was with the Jets and watching y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm like that big dude can do that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like he was just number on his feet. You know, Steve was. Steve was crazy.
Speaker 1: So do you think you could do it today? I think Steve could or is he more of a situation.
Speaker 2: No, I think Steve would be Derrick Henry really just like that, listen, listen, because he can run. Steve hurt people. I have watched line back and say no more Jesse. When Jesse came here like that, Damn Steve like gave us hell like because he wouldn't lean on you like.
Speaker 1: It hurt I bet so okay, So just because of the financials, Yeah, Sammy bought was four dollars. The doull bets at one. That's five dollars. Santana moss Man, I love this pick. This is maybe my favorite of the day because you're gonna ge, We're gonna get your nice quarterback. Can you get your ball a lot, You're a lot of touches.
Speaker 3: We're in the movie around I'm able to go out.
Speaker 1: And then we took and this was that was interesting. I'm surprised you guys were so high on Lamar Lamar Lamar, excuse me, but after you talked kind of through his athletic traits and how he was miscast, I think that'd be perfect run like get him in those past rushing situations using like Michael Parsons do be doing? All right, that's two dollars. And then Sean Taylor man, that was it was nice to get that. I thought they would probably got to freaks.
Speaker 4: The icing on the cake right there, you mean. See, I didn't even know he's gonna go there because I was just saying, pick all the guys we had and then go with your ben. You know I'm camp curl. Yeah, because he reminds me of that Sean, Like he's like a if I had to say, he's probably not as Violin and Sean, but when it comes to similar athletic ability could cover anybody and play to say the position and playing the box, play deep that Sean could do that all day long.
Speaker 3: But Sean was just.
Speaker 1: Had a little more edge, like a little bit more like I don't but.
Speaker 2: Coach Gibbs used to come out and say, we fine to walk through all right, no hitting Sean would come right. And Sean was.
Speaker 4: The nicest, meanest person I ever met.
Speaker 3: In my life.
Speaker 2: Look they look.
Speaker 4: Look I love this because, like I tell everybody, for I didn't meet Sean until I got here, you know, when I met him back at you and when I was coming to work out and off seat. But I didn't play with him until I got here. My younger brother played with him at un Yes, I heard the stories. So when I got here, I got to sit next to him on the plane. Then I got to sit next toim in team meetings. And then the year you know that he passed, we was next to each other in the training room. He both was injured the first, you know, four or five weeks. And when I tell you the conversations, that's why I say it like I haven't cried in family members funeral. And it was so hard just to see a talent like that taking from us, a person like that trading from us, like the man shared stories with me and got familiar with how I was just off of feeling my energy and I felt his like he was a great dude, like when dudes players viting thats Sean played on the field. You was like, everything he does is fishing, you know what I'm saying, But he ain't. And the guy was so well spoken, soft spoken. I mean he would say things. He would look at me like, tell him, wh would you say that? I'm like, what the hell you mean when I say that like this, because I come off cool on I went, don't give it sometime.
Speaker 2: So that's one type dude. He was man like. It was. It was. I enjoyed it because that was the first time in my life and I didn't play with some great safeties. I have mare carrier all of them. I never played inside leverage when Sean played, I only played outside.
Speaker 1: Levertages if no one wanted to go in there.
Speaker 2: The receivers was so afraid to run post raps.
Speaker 1: That's a cool story.
Speaker 2: I literally showed, like, why you always outside because you inside. Listen. They don't want to They don't want to run skinny posts. They don't want to run teo. I watched Teo and that's when I started doing it. We played Philly and Great Williams say, just sit outside, don't worry about that. I sit outside the whole game, and I realized, like, they just don't they don't want to go in there. About that?
Speaker 1: How about having someone like that on your team? That just changes the way offenses are calling games.
Speaker 2: It changes everything. Gosh.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited about this team. I'm really excited about this team. And if you think you can make a better team, please leave a comment or whatever you're gonna do. But I think you're gonna have a hard time beating this one. So there we go. All right, Now, let's get to this real quick. What do you guys watching on TV? I know Tanner's watching everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything right now.
Speaker 2: I just moved to U.
Speaker 4: I watched the movie last night called Bloodhounds. It's a voiceover film. It's made in career and it's about these two Korean boxers and one of the boxer's mom is doing real bad. She's getting you know, conned out of her her business. And when I say, these two dudes go fight, ain't no guns? Use this straight fists. They beating thirty forty people. Man, when I say the action is everything, like you want to see these guys, I mean fist to come to them.
Speaker 3: They beating people up, You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think for me, I got caught up into the avatar The Way of Water. I know, the new movie that came out. You know, it took him like ten years to make the new Avatar.
Speaker 1: I thought you were talking about, Yeah, okay, The Way of Water.
Speaker 2: To watch it like nineteen times. This has been old Disney plus like I'm telling I'm just telling you. Like Cameron the way he does things is totally different. But the message that he's getting to cross about what's going on, I thought it was great. I cannot stop watching the Way of Water. And I know another Avatar is coming in like ten years, like thirty three. So I'm waiting on it too. The way of face, I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you're so into it. I don't know why. I'm just surprised, but I like all.
Speaker 2: Like I'm the only child and I was raised by the TV, so I watch everything. It's nothing on TV that I don't watch. I can go from watching Medlock to bed Balls like I can, like.
Speaker 1: You have you do have a good file on on on films and TV show. Yeah, absolutely, I.
Speaker 3: Keep forgetting fred only child. I talk hell, you talking to the wall.
Speaker 2: That wall broke in.
Speaker 6: You hit me when you left that wall breathe words loyah, he left the house, glad he gone to college.
Speaker 3: Let the wall breathe.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So I just watched the new Dungeons and Dragons movie.
Speaker 3: You get checked that out.
Speaker 2: Watch the Dungeons and movie. I liked it.
Speaker 1: I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: It's more funny than serious. But I also wasn't being on the Dungeon and Dragons game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was more of a give me the Madden, Yeah, give me NBA Live, give me sports games them of my game. But I did used to like James bond double O seven sixty four yees on the sixty four. That's showing age, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or you could call I mean back in those done in dragon days, though, we had things like contra you know what I mean. Yeah, Contra was you know, contract was like one of those things that can compare.
Speaker 1: He don't know what is what is contra?
Speaker 2: Like I think we'd be forgetting logans. Come on, forget logan just looks over all. I forgot to get you about what my ten years? Ten years? Yeld he don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 3: What do you older?
Speaker 1: Your thirties? Contra forty six?
Speaker 3: I'm forty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thirty thirty six? Yeahs so yeah about eight years?
Speaker 2: Yeah you got old time?
Speaker 1: I look over yeah, I look old. I'll tell you this my rookie year. I went out to a bar with a guy, Eric Cook, and this girl comes up and then she goes like how old are you? And I was like, I was like, how old do you think I am? She's like forty two. I was twenty four at the time, and I was like, wow.
Speaker 3: Do you know what.
Speaker 2: Literally making it?
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, all right, I need to save my life here, all right, so hey, make sure you guys rate and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, and check out Command Center every Wednesday on the Commander's YouTube page, and keep subscribing to this podcast. Fella's check this out. Monday, Julie goes one on one in an exclusive interview with a coach or player. This week is Stressed Away Tomorrow. Wednesday is our flagship show, command Center that is strictly Commander's focused. Then Thursday is Tannis Takes Right, Tanna love It.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, you already I'm bringing fast deal.
Speaker 1: Logan lives in the comments is where I answer your questions you've been leaving on our YouTube page, and our fans always have pretty insightful stuff. We got something for you all week, so be sure to check it out on YouTube.
Speaker 4: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.