Speaker 1: This just in An AI powered robot lawyer was set to defend a client in court until it objected to itself and got kicked out of the case. Is that a real news story or a fake news story? Because it's time for real news or fake news where I give you a news headline and you have to see whether you can tell if it's a real news story or a fake news story. And it's a lot harder than you think. And that's actually a real news story.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It a company tried to use an AI chatbot to argue a real court case, and the chatbot actually objected to it being a lawyer, so they had to shut it down and get a real lawyer. There are headlines out there that are real, but they sound super fake, and then they're also also fake news, so we'll help you watch out for both things. Here's a headline. Man successfully sues McDonald's after claiming a chicken nugget spoke to him.
Speaker 2: Is that a real news story or a fake news story?
Speaker 1: That's a real pretty brad what you think everybody knows chicken nuggets are dead.
Speaker 2: This is a fake story. Mc donald's chicken nuggets speak to me all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've sat in the McDonalds before and sometimes the people eating there, You're like, I could definitely see them thinking their food speak. Yeah, but this one is actually a fake new story. That was a headline that went viral though, and people did believe it this week.
Speaker 2: It's very believable. Yeah, real news or fake news.
Speaker 1: I give you a news headline and you have to see whether you can tell if it's a real.
Speaker 2: News story or if it's a fake news story.
Speaker 1: Scientists teach rats to drive tiny cars and they actually really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Is that a real new story or a fake new story? Also? Cute?
Speaker 3: It is cute, but I'm gonna go with fake. This isn't any rat of two week kind of situation. I think it's fake too. But it reminds me of that car commercial where the little mice would get in the car and.
Speaker 2: They were hamsters.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you, Mars Rodents.
Speaker 2: This story is one hundred percent real. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 4: Okay, how do you think these mice get to all of these tests that they have to take that we do on them? This is their job. They have a commute. They love cars because then they don't have to scurry to work.
Speaker 2: Not a scurry. This is actually a real news story. This it is. I guess that's how the ice get to their studies. They drive there, so I hope they carpool.
Speaker 1: Yes, for the environment, researchers built tiny electric cars for rats, and not only did the rats learn to drive, but they actually seem to find it relaxing.
Speaker 2: That's really cute. That's really cute. I can't see this happening.
Speaker 1: Also, I hate the fact that rats are so smart, because they're disgusting.
Speaker 2: Real news or fake news.
Speaker 1: Where we give you a news headline, you have to see whether you can tell if it's a real news story or a fake news story. Octopuses are throwing things at each other and at humans.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: Is that a real news headline or a fake news set? Real? Saying real? Nina, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I kind of want to say fake because I don't think they throw by each other like humans, that makes sense, but like each other, I'll say fake.
Speaker 4: How many arms do you have before the only thing you have left to do is throw things?
Speaker 1: This has to be one hundred percent real. Okay, this is a real news story. Yes, yeah, octopuses throwing things at each other. Scientists in Australia discovered that octopuses have been observed intentionally hurling shells and other objects at one another and at some divers.
Speaker 2: Get out of the water, Get out of here.
Speaker 3: And there's a video that went viral of one of them punching a starfish in the face.
Speaker 1: Why are octopupi octopi plural for octopus?
Speaker 2: Why are they wilding out? They're going crazy right now.
Speaker 3: They know they're delicious, so they gotta just like own it.
Speaker 2: Real news or fake news.
Speaker 1: I give you a news headline, you have to see whether you can tell if it's real or if it's fake. Here was another headline that went viral this week. Ikea releases build your own car kit for budget friendly DIY enthusiasts.
Speaker 2: Is that real or fake?
Speaker 3: Oh? This would be a good idea. Actually, I'm gonna go with real, just because I'm curious.
Speaker 2: A car kit? Does it come with the wheels and an engine?
Speaker 1: Psychia probably comes with everything. It's just takes really long time to put together. And don't put it together with your spouse because you get in an argument.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say face say fake, Okay, pretty of bread.
Speaker 4: I'm one of those people that knows a lot of things about a lot of stuff, including new companies. And I know there was another Swedish company that was trying to build a car kit, So my assumption with the b Ikea would definitely do this.
Speaker 2: So I say, it's.
Speaker 1: Real, bring on the Ikea car What Ikea releases build your own car kit for budget friendly DIY enthusiasts. That's actually a fake news story. A lot of people did believe it. It started when somebody photoshopped an Ikea manual but the idea of people assembling a car with an Alan Rinch and people started sharing it like, whoa, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: This is another company that does it. Really, Yeah, we do it with planes. What do you mean you build your own planket? Can you actually google it? Not a real Not trust myself to do that either. That's why I haven't done it, because it's significally cheaper.
Speaker 1: But then you're like ny times I riven anything together, and then there's extra screws, and I'm just like, what I mean, it looks like it's sturdy, probably doesn't need them.
Speaker 2: It's probably fine that yeah, oh that's what the screw was for you in your pocket. It's real news. Or fake news.
Speaker 1: I give you a news headline, you have to see whether you can tell if it's a real news story or a fake news story. Town sends email inviting everybody to join the local G club gang database?
Speaker 3: Is real?
Speaker 2: Were gonna go with real? Real? Nina says real. I feel like they sent it definitely, Victoria.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows these municipalities are perfect at technology. There's no way this email would have gone out on accident.
Speaker 2: This is one hundred percent fake. It is a real news story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the government office mistakenly sent out an invitation for residents to register themselves in the police gang database.
Speaker 2: How do you accidentally? That's my question. I would be so confused if I received that, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, they're asking that I register, But I don't think.
Speaker 2: That the whole database is just regular people. Yeah, Like, if it comes in effectation, I just tend to be in a gang. I guess I have to choose which one.
Speaker 4: Now is a moditiation The modern version of initiation is applied to this, and then you don't want to be in the gang anymore.
Speaker 2: You just unsubscribe. I thought it was a lot harder than that.