Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 3: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: So now we're going to go into a very important topic for business, but not just business. Once again, I can't stress this enough. Salespeople have a bad reputation. Any type of salespeople, right they feel like you're like pushy or you're taking advantage of somebody. But sales makes the world over. Everything is being sold. If you buy a grocery, somebody's selling that to you in one way or another. It's not a hard sell because you need to buy it, right. It might be a soft selle, but it's still a sale. So if you go to a job and if you have to sell yourself, if you're trying to impress a meet, you have to sell yourself. Right, it's all sales. It's all sales. So all right, Obviously as a car salesman in the car industry, you have to master the art of selling if you're going to be good. Right, So can we talk about selling? Can we talk about some objectives, how to overcome them, and different things that you've seen in the industry. Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I Mean one of the things I like we talked about earlier was if your goal is to help somebody, it's a lot different than trying to sell somebody. So asking questions. You know, you've all heard this where people say, oh, sell me this pen right, Well, it is funny because I've never heard the actual pitch when somebody said, you know, somebody's pen. They go, okay, do you need a pen or do you want to write a check? Whatever it's I was on an interview once and I got and a really cool guy who I loved dearly. He's a dear friend of mine. One of the hardest interviews, he told me, is the hardest interview you ever gave anybody, And it was. It was a lot of fun. And he turned to me, this is before Wolf of Wall Street, and he said to me, hey, sell me this stapler. And he put it in front of me and he handed me the stapler and he looked at me, and I sat back and I looked at the stapler. I started laughing and took the staple and I put it down. I said, let me ask you a question before I show you stapler that I have. Let me ask you a question about what you're going to be using the stapler for. How many pages are you stapling at a time? You're speaking three papers, four papers? Are you stapling three or four hundred papers at a time? Because the stapler I have here may not be the right stapler for you. So I started asking questions to find out what it is he's looking to accomplished before I started selling him that stapler or that pen?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: So are you signing important documents? Are you just think you just need something? Do you lose pens frequently? Right? I'm not going to sell somebody five hundred dollars pen if they just known for something they losing their pens frequently. I'm going to sell you a pack of pens for five hundred dollars, right, So this way, if you lose them, it's okay, right, Or I'll sell you two packs for two hundred fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: So that's me to ask the questions up front. That's going to help you help the customer find out what the customers. So let's say the customer's driving, you know, you want to ask them what they currently use the vehicle for. Who's in the vehicle. Somebody may say, well, I'm a real estate agent. Okay, do you show clients' houses? Do you pick them up and take them?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do?
Speaker 6: Okay, So is that person primed for a coup or a car with a small back seat.
Speaker 5: Probably not.
Speaker 6: They may want to suv or larger sedan, right, So then you kind of just help guide them to what it is that is just options and let them make the decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think that that's very important because so if anybody's not familiar, I'm a financial advisor. That's what I do for a living. So we learned early on, Like I've been doing it for eleven years, so, but early on I had training, right, and long story short, I see it happened a lot in my business, especially for new people that come in right, because it's commission based, So you're hungry to make a sell, right, and you end up trying to sell somebody a product that they may or may not need, right, But you doing what's in the best interest for you. You're not doing it was in the best interest of somebody else. But it comes across right. So my thing is like it's like going to the doctor. I can't subscribe medication without actually know what's going on. So like the first meeting that I have, the first conversation that I have with my clients, I don't actually talk about any product at all because I don't know what's appropriate. I need to know what's going on first, and then from there, if you need to buy something, you're going to sell yourself. Because once I explain the process and different things that may be beneficial to you, and then you'll say, Okay, yeah, actually I need to do this. You need to psychologically when you know you need to do some it's much easier than trying to convince somebody. And that's the biggest mistake I see with sales, especially like I said, young salespeople, people just getting in the business, is that there's they push. You don't have to push. You can't push.
Speaker 7: Yeah, gosh, I guess this question would be for both of you when you see doubt in somebody, like what's the step right? Because I'm sure there'll come times in cars salesmen and your profession is for sure they'll be doubt and people aren't sure what's the next technique.
Speaker 6: So the way I look at is if someone's not sure, right, if they have that doubt, it's because we haven't answered all the questions and it may be a question that they don't know they have. And that's what you have to uncover the objections. So you're going to ask some questions that are going to lead in to the customers saying, hey, you know what this is?
Speaker 5: What this is?
Speaker 6: Actually what the real issue? It's the underlying issue that's holding them back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And for me, I never forget the most important thing. One of the most important things I learned early on is somebody told me about the hidden objection. The haden objection is when they don't tell you nobody. People are very funny, right as far as it's human nature. You don't want to hurt somebody's feelings. But we're just in brain like that, right. So instead of this happens all the time outside of business too. You take a girl on the date, you don't hear back from her. She doesn't tell you that your breaths think that's why she doesn't want to help you again, right, she'll just c yeah, exactly right. But there's a hidden objection that happens all the time in sales where people don't express what really is holding them back. So that's up to you as a salesperson to get in the forefront of the hitting objection.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So that's difficult because you don't know what it is, right, but you got to kind of use your creativity and say okay, usually come down to a few different things. Money is ninety percent of the time with the issue is right, and somebody can't afford to pay for something. They won't tell you they can't afford to do it. It's just won't do it. But and then they won't respond to your your emails, your text mess instead of just being out front and just saying, look, right now, I don't have enough money. Nobody wants to be feel embarrassed. So that's up to you to give them different options. So that's one of the things. That's one of the things they teach you in sales. They always have three options. This is very important. Three options. And if it's on paper, it should be color coded green, blue, red, or red blue, green, red, blue, green, because reason being red is a no go. We're psychologically trained for that, right, So if you stop your red lights, everything red is no use as well. Blue is a very neutral color, and green is go. You want to do. The highest priced item is green, the lowest priced item is red, and then they're realistic what they probably can afford in the blue. Nobody wants to do the lowest option. Nobody psychologically nobody ever wants to do the lowest. Nobody wants to be the dumbest person in the room. Nobody wants to be the fattest. You're okay being a second.
Speaker 7: That's what everybody's okay with being your second.
Speaker 4: Just don't want to You're okay being the second dumbest person in the class, right, you just don't want to be the dumbest person. You're okay buying the second. Like somebody said this about the wine, Like when you go to a restaurant, the wine that sells the most is the second cheapest, because nobody wants to buy the cheapest wine.
Speaker 7: Nobody wants no one wants to look like they can't afford it.
Speaker 4: You bout the second cheapest, you don't really break the bank. It's still in your price range, and you feel good about yourself. That's the trick for salespeople. It's all about positioning. You could sell anything if you position it correctly right, and you don't make people feel like they're going out of their budget. They're right in line. It's all about you gotta, you know, kind of stroke the ego. So I say that to say, when you give somebody options, that's the way to get out in front of the hitting objection. Because if the price is a hitting objection, it's like, okay, now I've given you three prices. One I know you definitely can do one you probably should do and one you really can't do. That's my take on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I never heard the color thing, but same thing with us. We give three three options and another thing you want to do is going back to certify.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P ANDC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC Ernest What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like? The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even Builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan.
Speaker 2: These are just.
Speaker 1: Some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and.
Speaker 2: Deported, you will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Pre on. If you're giving a customer on a lease, or if you're showing a customer a a finance on a vehicle, a pre owned car, and you hit them with a number a lot of times, the finance numbers can be a lot higher than a lease payment, so giving them an option say hey, I know you didn't you mentioned you want a finance, but just so you know, if you were to lease out a brand new car, this is what the payment would be. And sometimes I say, wait a minute, that payment is a lot lower than this finance option, and it gives them that flexibility to say, hey, yeah, that's barely my target area, you know, and asking questions like you said, if you know what they're currently paying for their car, you kind of understand where they're okay being so right.
Speaker 7: So, now that you've cleared the dell, right, how do you become the Marianna of this deal?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: How do you close this deal? How's it done for both of you?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's it's every customer is different. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 6: So it's I've went into deals, you know. One thing we do is you always see like a manager will come in if the salesperson can close the deal. A lot of people think that, oh, this is the closer, this is the guys, it's not the case. It's just sometimes it's a different face and I don't know if that's the same thing if you guys had that in the financial industry, somebody else will follow up and just touch base. Sometimes somebody is willing to tell me something that they just didn't want to say to the salesperson, and they may say, you know what, this is really what I wanted to be. So we meet every customer that comes in if they're not able to close it. And like I said, if you really look out for the person, that's going to increase your chances of helping the customer and be able to close deals more often. Like you said, ninety percent of the time it is priced and you have to work the numbers. You have to take care of people.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think it depends on your personality too, So you can't be what you're not, and you kind of have to play to your strength. Some people are naturally just really aggressive people, right, That's not me. I'm more of a laid back person. So my selling style is passive, passive, but it's very important that at some point you have to close. You can't just string things out forever because it'll fall apart. So knowing when to close is a very delicate thing. Like for me personally, my sales process is a two meeting process, right. The first meeting is just I gather information, the second meeting I present, and then at the end of the second meeting there's a close at that point, right. Everybody's different. Some people like to close in the first meeting. To me, that's too aggressive, right. Some people stretch you out to three meetings. To me, that takes too long. So I think mastering your sales process for yourself is important in knowing who you are as a person. Me personally, I'm not like I said, I would strongly recommend not to be pushy, but some people like that, right, It's like our relationship. Some people like people that are aggressive, some people like people that are laid back. You really, you know, you kind of end. Also, every client isn't for you. That's something that's important as well. Right, you can't chase money because ultimately a bad client is not worth the money that you're gonna get. It's true, it's not worth it in the long run because they're gonna be calling you, they're gonna be handing you in the stress and just even the service work that it may take. You might make a little bit of money, but it's gonna cost you way more time. So I tell people all the time, the first meeting that I have with people, I say, this is for me to fill you out, to see if you're a good fit for me, and for you to see if I'm a good fit for you. I'm not trying to get every single person that walks into my door when you take that approach. Another psychological trick here. There's a reason why the pretty girl or the handsome guy whatever, they always have people lined up to date though, the reason being is because they're hard to get psychologically. Once you actually get the girl, it's not the same the girl that constantly rejects you. We chase after that. The girl that we can easily get, we look right past. The same thing with sales. I know to get Bernie Madoff when I watched this movie and I read some stuff and they were saying that when he became so big to get money, like he would turn people down, like they would say, like they were begging they wanted to work with him. Yeah, because now if he approaching it like give me your money, I need your money, they're looking at it like no. Psychologically, he's like, I don't need your money. When somebody tells you that they don't need you, you want them more, you know more. So that's another trick for salespeople to understand as well. You have to kind of position yourself to make it seem like you're the real asset. Your clients need you more than you need your clients.
Speaker 6: Well, that comes to the inventory also, so you'll see that with certain vehicles like let's say the g Wagon, the big Issu Vidam, people are paying top dollar for that car because you just can't get it. And you got people calling around the dealership saying, hey, do you have this car and stock whatever it is, I'm gonna pay it because I want that particular car.
Speaker 5: So it does drive the market.
Speaker 4: True, Yeah, that's some hacks. That's psychological hacks right there.
Speaker 6: You definitely got to And it's funny you mentioned not being pushy, but to that point, I'm not a pushy type of person.
Speaker 5: I think you guys can see that. I'm pretty easy going.
Speaker 6: But sometimes you need to nudge people, right. I can't tell you how many times the person was everything lose perfect, the car, the color of the price, the equipment, the dealership, everything was just right, and they just we're still hesitant. It's like this fear of commitment, right, And sometimes you just have to let people know, say listen, it's.
Speaker 5: Okay to say yes.
Speaker 6: And I'm telling you, I can't tell you how many people I've asked people said, let me ask you a question. If you said yes right now, what would happen? And they go nothing, I'd have the car, like, would you be comfortable with the monthly payment?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Would you be happy with the monthly would you be making life changing decisions over that monthly pay? And they go no, I'd have a brand new car and I go, so let's do it, and they.
Speaker 5: Go okay, there're the keys. They go okay, and they're surprised. They're like, you know what, I just bought a car.
Speaker 6: And those are the happiest people in the world, because sometimes they need that little nudge, not pressure, but nudge to say yes.
Speaker 4: That's the truth.
Speaker 7: The fact that you just said that it made me think of like I've taken a few people like you know that I've become the person that, oh, you must know about cars. And when I'm like, yo, this dale is done here to come to keys, and they're like real. I'm like, yeah, you just got a new car, like real, Like yeah.
Speaker 4: We're psychologically trained to be fearful. Ever since we're kids. We're like told not to talk to strangers, and then like we you know, we go to school all day and then it's like so we're not used. Very few people like me, y'all do anything. I make a lot of bad decisions that way, but sometimes it works out, but for the most part, people are very scared. That's another thing as a salesman, you need to understand that that people are scared to do anything. Nobody wants to do anything. They want to just stay in their comfort zone and do what they've been doing. Anytime somebody does something that they haven't done or something that's uncomfortable, it takes a lot of courage to do that.
Speaker 7: And we've been saying that, like your life starts when you're comfort them.
Speaker 4: So but there's a thing. People will do business more so with people that they like and feel comfortable with than somebody that's knowledgeable. That's another mistake that people make a lot of time. People leave with knowledge and information. They have all these facts and nobody, Hey, nobody understands what you're talking about. Nobody cares what you're talking about, and beat it. They don't care. People will make bad decisions based off of people that they like. Look at love people do all the time on relationships. So the key is to get somebody to like you on you. Once they like you, you pretty much, can you do whatever you want. Now you can't abuse that power because you can't abuse it, but it's more important to work on those skills than it is. Of course, you have to have knowledge. But if somebody likes you, they buy into you as a person, not the rest you can kind of just it goes in the direction you wanted to go on.
Speaker 5: People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Speaker 4: And it's all about relationship.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 4: So all right, Well that was a lot, a lot touched on a lot of different topics.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan.
Speaker 2: These are just.
Speaker 1: Some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Imprisoned and deported. You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,