Speaker 1: What's up. You're off in God's Country with three and this is also known as the Brothers Hunt, where we take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music in the great outdoors two things that go together, like ducks in Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Ohn sass threw me off, or guys that want you to think they know how to hunt and that have hunted their whole lives, but say revealed themselves by saying bows and arrows. The double s is bows with bows and arrows, not bow and arrow not one bows and arrows.
Speaker 1: Actually you would just say bow. Brought to you by meat Eater.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We're excited about this one. We've been on his podcast a couple of times and he's going to be a recurring I think, a recurring character on ours. Mister Bobby Bones character, a definite like character of a human, no doubt, no doubt. He's got so many little things like from the glasses and the good hair and the dry it's like a character. It's crazy. He's drawn up. His story is great. He touches on it a little bit today, but his journey, and then he touches on the state of country music. And then we may have a little drone situation going on over his house that he Oh, one thing I wanted to talk about. He videoed one of those drones from the bat in the bathtub, and I wanted you forgot I'm a bath guy too, so I want to talk to him about that little You guys, but uh, you'll you'll really enjoy this one. Hey, Thanks for thanks for listening, Thanks for watching. Go follow us on social media, Go follow us on YouTube, Leave us a comment. We've what do we calling the segment? Roast us in the what is it? Five star roasted roast for ratings? Yeah, roase for ratings. Yeah, we have a good one, dude, let me read it, squirrely Dan. This is coming from who dry mountain hunter and can't read.
Speaker 2: Let someone else do all the work for them, show up, shoot the deer, and then call themselves good of hunters. What they need to be hunting is some new podcast guests, because everyone is getting tired of listening to and talk about the two hondo he shot out of the truck window three months ago. That's a good that's a good one. Hurts because it's true a little bit. Oh, it's so true, man, I shut that deer out of a truck. That's what I'm talking about. That's that's that's talking about.
Speaker 1: Well done, Yeah, well done, yeah, d m us. And where you lift so we can come whip your ass, yeah, d m us. And we may send you this T shirt unless you're a good buddy of ours, which you probably It kind of kind of stills, kind of fish the inside ball right there. Yeah, but thanks to leave us those five star ratings. They help help.
Speaker 2: We had what forties, they said, forty something, so we've been asking for them, so we're gonna ask again, please leave those five star ratings. Help the Chanella doesn't come down and shoot bows and arrows at our feet.
Speaker 1: Bows plural and arrows. Hey, real quick. We we meant to do this on the podcast with Bobby but didn't get a chance. We're sending our prayers and our thoughts out to l A with everybody that's dealing with the fires out there. It's insane, it's it's it's really really sad actually, and it's already taken out a whole community and a lot of people lost their homes, some have lost their lives. And uh, we feel for you, we're praying for you, were lifting you up, We're gonna post some some links and and and places you can go if you listen to the show and want to want to help some people out and donate some money out there or whatever. But uh, yeah, we're thinking about y'all. I'm not really close to l A. I've never I've never lived out there, spent a lot of time out there, but I know a lot of people have, so, uh, we're thinking about y'all. Praying for you. Thanks for listening to God's Country. Thank you for listening to God's Country. If you don't know what where speed means, that's a podcast.
Speaker 3: That then fed at me.
Speaker 1: Oh my bad, already easy. Hey, Uh, we're really excited about this man, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I am excited too, because I you know, it's like I was stood up for a day and then I was given a second chance at life. And so from the first time when I was stood up and I got really excited, and so this time when I showed up here, I was a little nervous.
Speaker 1: You were even going to be here there, You don't fake building. You don't even know how close you got to being stood up. You don't know how close you guys were to being killed when you left the building after you stood me up again.
Speaker 3: So yeah, welcome to the city.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is how important we think you are. I had a major, major artist called me yesterday and go, hey, man, what are you doing tomorrow? And I'm like, I got a podcast. What do you got? Knowing exactly what's coming, I just go, Dan, dude, you're good. No he wanted Dan to No he doesn't. Have you heard him?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really want to hurt him, right, he says, but you you trumped it.
Speaker 3: I hate that because now I feel guilty because it's.
Speaker 1: Not worth it. I was wondering, was the art we'll tell you. I'll tell you after.
Speaker 3: I hate people when I do that to people.
Speaker 1: But we had a great conversation.
Speaker 3: With I don't want to I don't even want to know who it is because I want to be like your listeners and be like I wish I knew. They don't even tell me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will tell you, but we're not.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this if if it had been about three or four artists cancel on it again. Yeah yeah, so it wasn't one of the top I thought I would have understood because the last time you canceled on me, it was just like, hey, they can't go.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. Nobody said that.
Speaker 3: Well, that doesn't mean And since then, I think you've had some sort of fake baby to prove it, Like you like made up a story. Yeah, like I have anything.
Speaker 1: Baby, airbing baby.
Speaker 3: There's a difference. And I've said this a few times and I don't even mind saying it again. Now this is not about you. So I give you a perfect example of what's okay and what's not in my mind, and it's only my opinion, but this town and there is a mix of the artist and the professional, and you need to if you're the artists, mostly be professional. But the thing about being a creative is you're a little off. That's why you've chose to create. And with that, occasionally things are off. There was an artist, her name rhymes with Pasha, and she had scheduled weeks out to come and do the podcast and the show. Now, I'm no better than anybody else. I probably schedule myself a little tighter than everybody else. But for us to move things around to get this artist in, it was kind of a big deal for us to move around. And I'm like, fine, we'll do it. Get a call the day of Hey again, we'll just still have a random name. Pasha can't come and I'm like, okay, cool. They're like, she's sick, and I'm like, absolutely, if you're sick, even if like you don't bring it, even if like your throat's a little bad or it's not going to be your best, don't worry about coming. Like I feel that completely. Problem is I have a friend at her record label. Let's call it Borner Brothers. We'll just call it random.
Speaker 1: Record, random names.
Speaker 3: And they were like, oh no, she wasn't sick. We heard her cancel, said she didn't want to do it. She was one of the cmas that night and she wouldn't feel like it. She'll never come on anything I ever do ever again. At least keep the lie consistent.
Speaker 1: For sure. You got to you gotta doutch your as, cross your team.
Speaker 3: There are things that happen in life where you you can't come. Yeah, And but Brian Kelly did that to me once too. Was like I hate Tyler Hubbard and he was like, I need to come on because he just talked to you and said all this stuff about uh me, And I was like, great, I'm not fans of either one of you. So I want to give you equal equal opportunity, and so I did, and there's.
Speaker 1: Some there's there's some conflict between between you and them, right.
Speaker 3: And you can ask all about all about that in a second.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. But I'm just yeah, but no, not really.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't care enough. So I was like great, and I was leaving town. I don't like either one of them. I stayed back and we set up and did a whole and he calls like the day of it, and I was like a dec I'm not going to do it. I'll wait and come do it when I get new music. And I'm like, dude, you should have said you had like a hernie or something, because like that's a professional. Like I just literally dedicated part of my day to this and I'm nothing. I'm nothing, but I am a person, like a human being that has time where I need to be doing things.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's valuable too, that's important.
Speaker 3: Yes, even if it's just to me. Sure, but we had set up. I don't like that. So either lie that something tragic has happened or you had a baby, or because life does happen. My radio show, the radio show part of it forever. And I got a little pushback in my first book because if anybody is one minute late, they go home immediately. They don't stay one minute late from the time that I say to be there because we have to get there a certain time before the show. Now it's not because I'm like, you must be on time for me, but if you don't have respect for everybody else that got there on time, like that, culture then starts to absolutely erode because you're like, well, this person didn't come in, this is on time, and I'm so nobody has been late on my show for ten years now.
Speaker 1: You remember when Dan was ten minutes late to your podcast.
Speaker 3: We're getting there now, listen, kids, sick, car wreck, all these things. That's life. Life happens. But when it's a Dan issue, where he just was like I decided to yeah, look at some true you get married. But anyway, I'm glad to be here, and thanks for not cancel on me. But I would have canceled on me. My point is I would have understood that one.
Speaker 1: I know, you probably know who's who's talking on the other side over there if you're just listening and not watching.
Speaker 3: Well, we didn't even know, I don't know, we're delete all that. I didn't know that was on. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: This is the future governor of Arkansas, Dancing with the Stars champion, two time Dog Dad, New York Times bestseller, two times host of the nationally syndicated award winning show The Bobby Bone Show, The Bobby Boone Show. We've got baby Bobby Bones in God's Country Day. I'm so excited about this. We've been on You've You've been kind enough to have us on on your podcast ty two times. I've had you on twice and everyone one and a half time, one and a half, one and three quarter.
Speaker 3: Maybe anyway, you know.
Speaker 2: What, maybe we should just have a moment of silence for the people that wrecked on sixty five.
Speaker 3: I wasn't even angry. I wasn't even angry.
Speaker 2: But this isn't about you, Bobby. This is about the wreck that happened and those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, allegedly there's so many rats. Hey, we like to do a thing called, uh, what You're mad at? But it was like this. Normally it goes like this, Wait are we doing the normal?
Speaker 3: So I love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just he loves the theme song. Here's the theme song ready and there you're good. Ray, what you're mad? Just tell us what it is. What you're mad at? Is it you in the Lost Kids might be a boss man or your neighbor's cat. Just tell us what you mad. But today it's bounds and grown, bones and grown. I like that better.
Speaker 5: Bones grown grown in that bone bones, grown, bones and grows pretty good.
Speaker 3: Both those are pretty good, thanks, ma'm you know what I'm always mad at is the fact that I have to have two different chargers for all my Apple products, as in, like when the phone switched, it switched from that flat one that had the very flat with the little white thing, and then it turned into now the one that goes into the computer. But the problem is my headphone still have that little flat So the fact that Apple won't have one universal charger is so stupid because I'm always searching for chargers. So I'm mad at that I guess phones.
Speaker 5: And bones and grooms and phones, groans and bones.
Speaker 3: I'm also mad that I, oh do I keep I have like eleven God I'm also mad that Arkansas only finished six and six this year. Football.
Speaker 1: If you can make it an ohms rhyme, I can make a song about it.
Speaker 3: Well, I have started to invest a significant amount of money into the NIL program myself, and then I get angrier when we lose. And it's this weird position of I got okay.
Speaker 1: Loans there you go and bone but.
Speaker 6: Never will be paid back loans and bones.
Speaker 1: Lost lost lost, lost, lost, lose, lose, lose all the time. So not make a bowl. That happened.
Speaker 3: We did a bowl. We had a bowl. It was a Liberty Bowl. Basically, you play in the backyard Memphis. Yeah, yeah, were playing that whenever that hour.
Speaker 1: No, this year we played Texas Tech. Oh yeah, we beat them, but who cares like half a team?
Speaker 3: So my favorite thing in the whole world. And it doesn't mean it's Arkansas sport. No, So that that hurt. I'm mad at that. Yeah, than that all, I'm pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'm mad at that.
Speaker 2: The shampoo and conditioner and our shower is looks exactly the same. So every time I've been down, I pick it up because you gotta do shampoo first. It's condition It's always conditioner first. And I'm like, why wouldn't you just make the bottle a different color or maybe just put a dot on the top of it, Because every time like then I have to set it down, pick up the shampoo.
Speaker 1: Sharpie dot on the top of it. I need a gray I need a gray sharpie dot on top. Is that why you're looking Is that like, why you're looking like Warren Ziders today.
Speaker 2: I don't think because I talked about shampoo, I look like Warner.
Speaker 3: I like you. I think it was great you.
Speaker 2: I actually thought this was more about cutting it off Taylor Lawan.
Speaker 1: He looks cool. I'm mad. I'm mad at uh at teething babies. And here's why. I've got a video to prove it. I'll show it later and then we might post it. I guess if it's postable. Watching TV the other day, sitting like this on my couch. Oh, you're gonna tell this, and I gotta. I got a one and a half year old little boy. He's running around. I'm not really paying attention. He always runs up. I grabbed him, throw the bombs to see. He just needs even if we don't show it, he's got to see this.
Speaker 3: You're sitting in a provocative state, so.
Speaker 1: It's a provocative story throughout relaxed. My blue boy runs up, always does it. His head must have fallen perfect to where he fell on on me and I've never felt a pain like I felt in my life.
Speaker 3: He provocatively teethed, teethed.
Speaker 1: On a specific thing and I can't say thing like trying to figure out how, but there was there's marks, there's teeth marks, and and.
Speaker 3: Show he was trying to he was trying to breastfeed.
Speaker 1: But for that, check this out.
Speaker 3: I want to watch.
Speaker 1: Think you should be a rest you gotta do it, fell right in and you you threw him into the ceiling almost wow, jokers looking he didn't get thrown in the Christmas tree and you're in pajamas, so obviously there as a sweatpan, sweatpants real thin. Yeah. Yeah, So teeth and babies are not my favorite right now. But we're good. We're all good.
Speaker 3: Like all three of us. We have worse. People have worse problems.
Speaker 1: Oh totally. It's just a quick little I Sometimes they're dramatic, sometimes they're I mean, I guess my dad left me when I was five?
Speaker 3: Is that one?
Speaker 1: You mad at that? Yeah? What said?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: We also do another segment now, it's a new segment that we're coming coming up with today. The songs Amazing, two, three, four Drones and bones talking about drones in Nashville. Drones and bones flying over your house.
Speaker 3: At night, going to get arrested?
Speaker 1: All right, give us an update.
Speaker 2: Wait, let's talk about the first time a drone popped over your house? Were you like, man, I've been hearing about these things in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Well that's why I even noticed. And I must tell you my wife is the first one to notice them. And she he's not conspiracy believe everything on TikTok person, Like I am same.
Speaker 1: I love a good conspiracy and I love TikTok. I kind of love a conspiracy. I love a ten hat little theory, dude. So she ever looked up all the conspiracies that turned out to be true? You've ever done that? That dig down that hole? There's a lot. I mean I've watched a lot of conspiracies though, Yeah, a lot of them.
Speaker 3: So well, it's like, I think that's a drone. I was like, that's an airplane. You're like, I know, so it's.
Speaker 1: That big, dude. They're huge. They well there they have to be ten feet long at least at least but ten feet yes, because they're up And I was like, that's not She goes, look, it's not moving. Now.
Speaker 3: Airplanes fly over our house all the time because I guess we're like a path loid to the airport. And so it was dusk plus dust, a little darker than dusk, but one flew a little low where I could actually see it, and it was a real It was a bigger than any drone I've ever seen. And we've probably all used a drones for creative reasons for whatever we're shooting. Uh, it wasn't that. And so I thought, what anyone would think, I need to figure out what legally I can do to this thing. And at first I grab the twelve.
Speaker 1: Games shoot it, That's what I'm talking about bone because it.
Speaker 3: Was just over the house and it was like, I don't want it over the house, I really know. But then I decided to Google what can you do if a drone's over your house? And they listed out Google did, thank god, and it was first, before you do anything, don't shoot it is basically what it said is said, hey, you idiot, don't shoot the drone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, they said, hey, I know you're from Arkansas and your first instinct to shoot anything, don't shoot the drone.
Speaker 1: You got a BURRETTA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because now it's AI. They know exactly who you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so did it give a reason why you couldn't shoot it because you don't you don't own the airspace. I know the reason.
Speaker 2: No, it's because of if it were to go down, it could they're so big.
Speaker 1: The thing I listened to.
Speaker 2: Which was some army guy that knows all this stuff, said that some of them are the size of SUVs, Like they're that big, the ones we're talking about. So you're literally dropping. You could down, could hit the highway, and then all of a sudden you got people hitting it. Now you're involved in I never thought about that manslaughter.
Speaker 3: I'll shoot it down.
Speaker 1: Anyway, right, saying that had been my first thought to So.
Speaker 3: It was obviously that's f A a air space and you can't shoot into this space. And so I said, don't do that. You can put a sign on your yard that said no drone zone. What the crap is that going to do?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Shoot, can't be.
Speaker 3: It's like it's flying over and it's like, no.
Speaker 1: Drone zone, Bobby Bones, no drones zone.
Speaker 3: As you can call the cops. What's a cop gonna do? Right, it's a drone flying over nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing, ain't gonna give that. You're gonna arrest the drone. He's going to pull up and say.
Speaker 3: Can't reach your handcuffs?
Speaker 1: So what's uh, Travis Tripp law, He's.
Speaker 3: Exactly Yeah, that's exactly what I want to say. He's nuts.
Speaker 1: And then we're gonna talk about the drone and then we're gonna go. It says you can.
Speaker 3: Launch a counter counter drone.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm sitting right now. I'm in. Oh yeah, literally, it's on my Instagram. I pulled up and showed it. I've been thinking about this, so you can launch a counter drone.
Speaker 3: Which is exactly what I'm doing drone battles. So I started looking up drones. Now, if you fly over five hundred feet I'm a bit educated in this. Accidentally, five or five hundred feet with a drone like a personal drone, it's against the law. But what's the difference in five hundred and five to eighty?
Speaker 1: Prove it? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I showed me the number.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, how hot is how hot? I mean, like I don't know, Okay, I was just wondering how hot.
Speaker 1: Okay, We'll think about this a lot polls thirty feet, so it's pretty that's up there.
Speaker 3: But if you even if I just go five hundred and six hundred, I can still kind of angle it up because the drune spot is very fast and it has the best camera inside of it.
Speaker 1: Maybe it with speed. Did you do it to fight this drunk?
Speaker 3: I did it to count I will not say that on record. I did it to counter strike this drone. So I'm going to go up with and and bring down counter intelligence of what exactly this is. Now. I've had many calls from different government entities commending I not do that.
Speaker 1: But legit. Yeah, that's yeah, that's I will. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: If I have any monk jobs, it'd be kind of cool. That's that's my first one. Trying to call your cell phone saving saving the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah they know your number. I think they know everybody's number.
Speaker 3: But if I go to jail saving the world, hey, so be it, no doubt you ever see Independence Day. That's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 1: Well, So they do they make drones. I don't know if you know this. They make drone pre slat will Smith that you can attach like people get by them and use them for deep sea fishing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a net for mine, so.
Speaker 1: You can drop it out of the bottom of it. Does it shootout?
Speaker 3: It kind of holds it and then you're kind of like, oh, dude, again, I don't know if I can reach it. It's probably too big. But I got a net for it. And we saw one during the snow. It was snowing, and so I didn't feel really.
Speaker 1: Like, so this is still happening, dude.
Speaker 3: We haven't even gone a full counter strike yet.
Speaker 1: Like we're still in prept I.
Speaker 3: Just got to drone a week ago and then it snowed, and so yeah, I've been in prison yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, all you got to do is just all you gotta do is just mess up one like prop It feels like you got to you got to mess up one propeller and it's it's over. It's over of the drum of the drum. I think drop that ned into one of them. Just yeah, just came and contact with one of them.
Speaker 3: I'm just wanting to get it back. And one time I went to the mall and bought one of those little helicopters that flies, you know the guys like check it out a telicopter. Good floid entree in twelve seconds and then I never saw it again. So I'm really hoping that's not what happens with this drum.
Speaker 1: Reid flew ours into the fire. If you need another, if you need another drum to do like a flank, let me know. B I'm in I don't want to get you involved because I don't want to be the reason that one you miss a great right and then.
Speaker 3: To go to prison. Already check because for sure, if we're in prison, I'm holding somebody's pocket, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: All you have left is for the reason that we don't go to prison, because you already got us have a great ride.
Speaker 3: Well that's all right. Well I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Guys. Hey, I think something that most people don't know about Bobby Bones is that I don't think people would look at you and think of.
Speaker 3: Your there because you almost mansault me. No, No, it's like a good thing.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not that's you're like, that's your that you that you have a history of the outdoors, that you're an outdoor guy.
Speaker 3: That you oh, fair enough, you know what I'm saying. Fair enough, but a word yeah or he was right now, I love it. I love Internet now.
Speaker 1: But now yeah, but you but you are explain explain Arkansas Keith.
Speaker 3: I was literally picking up my phone to call him right now to see if he answers. He's he's always in the woods.
Speaker 1: Love this.
Speaker 3: So Arkansas Keith is was my stebud. My mom died, but he they were married for a long time. They got married when I was like ten or eleven, and so that's all we did. And I didn't have a dad. I never had a dad growing up, so when you finally get like a step dad, you're like, what can we do to bond? So it was always in the woods or on the water, but not like skiing, like fishing. So we were And he's a stripper guide and so.
Speaker 1: Oh he's a striper.
Speaker 3: God. Yeah he doesn't stripper guide as much now, but yeah, a big part of his life stripper guide.
Speaker 1: That's what's the biggest stripper you've ever called?
Speaker 3: Well, my mom has like a fifty one pound that was mounted for a long time.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Stripers ended up with us being they were bigger, but oddly they weren't as much fun to catch. Where a hybrid, which striper white ass high listen to him go, well, hybrids were more fun because they would fight. They wouldn't get as big, but they would fight, and so those would be First of all, we go catch shad, which is the hardest thing to do because you take a net, you throw the net. Well, you guys know this. The net has to be exactly wide open, it goes down, you catch the shots. You got to catch the bait before you even get to fish. And here I am, I'm trying to draw the boat. I mean I dumped him out so many times.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh yeah, of course I like because he's on the front boat and he's like, go left. I don't know. And so we almost watched one of those nets kill a guy. When drown a guy in a creek. One time it went over the top of him and he's still he was wearing it around his neck, trying to cross weight weighted obviously.
Speaker 3: Weights around the bottom bro at least for us at the time, little weights on the on the edges to take it down.
Speaker 1: He still thinks, he still will to this day say that he wasn't gonna drown. He was gone, dude, I saved his life. Was he gonna drive, Yes, well he was drowning. He was. He definitely threw some water up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna okay, I'm gonna try to call Arkansas Keith right now. But if I were to show you like the pictures he shows me like he sent me this is yesterday, Canada.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, it's the time.
Speaker 3: It's all dead animals.
Speaker 1: Hold on Arkansas too. That's kind of like that's the spot.
Speaker 3: Some like he duck hunts a lot now, duck hunting safe answers.
Speaker 1: You know my middle name is Keith.
Speaker 3: That's cool story.
Speaker 1: You can I waption the rights on that for like a Disney movie.
Speaker 3: You're gonna answer. But if he calls back off, Hey, hey, I'm on a podcast right now that's called what What.
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me? Yeah? I guess okay, I'm on a podcast right now called God's Country. And we were talking about hunting and fishing and how you know, I had my decade of it with you, and like, what what's your what do you think we did the most? What kind of hunting did we do the most? Probably deer, honey, I'm probably still hunting right I just go sit in the cold and freeze my balls on well mostly yeah, And then they had asked, I.
Speaker 1: Want to know the biggest stripper he's ever cat what.
Speaker 3: What's the biggest stripper you've ever caught?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: How long was it?
Speaker 3: How long was it? And how long was it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thirty eight inches? Man? That's fun.
Speaker 3: Were you were you in the woods this morning? I was, yes, what were you doing?
Speaker 1: I went duck hunting this morning? But they fly? Are they flying? They they own you? It was awesome last week.
Speaker 7: But they just left after all this bad weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know when I talked hunting and fishing, I just go, let me call Arkansas Keith. That's that's about all I got, right, Yeah, has he killed?
Speaker 1: Have you killed a big deer lately?
Speaker 3: Have you killed any big deer lately?
Speaker 1: I have not. Did the duck hunting last week?
Speaker 5: Man, you could not believe what it was like.
Speaker 7: I'll sing five four or five hundred one day and then.
Speaker 1: The next day and then there's nothing. So I guess the cold where that pushed them on out? But when the co weather comes they go? Do they go north or south?
Speaker 3: When the you know where? You know where they moved to. And when it gets cold.
Speaker 4: And everything's froze up here, the nimrod w it's froze.
Speaker 1: And a lot of a lot of places. So they moved down south.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, all right, Uh that's all. I just wanted to get you on and and say hello and let these guys hear you.
Speaker 5: Good, hear from me.
Speaker 1: All right, I have to meet your Arkansas Keith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I talk to you.
Speaker 1: Say so.
Speaker 3: I used to duck hunt a lot, a medium amount. I can give you a great duck hunting story that personifies my career as a duck hunter. By the way, the most action, right, wasn't my favorite thing to hunt because I just argue that I shot it. Oh yeah, every time.
Speaker 1: I think most duck hunters do, just like it's mine, it's mine.
Speaker 3: We had rate duck.
Speaker 1: Dogs though, that's another level of fun.
Speaker 3: Because because Arkansas he's a train them. Yeah, we had great bird dogs, like he trained the crap out of them. So if we were going to go, mostly it was quail. We did a lot of quail hunting. So with duck hunting, it's you sit, you hear them. Everybody shoots. Yeah, some stuff.
Speaker 1: Falls, you claim it's yours, and dog goes and gets and brings it back.
Speaker 3: Right, That was me. I tended to what I was known for was falling in the water and the waiters on and water going into the waiter and then me just sitting in the truck freezing death taking them off of mine to wear. Like that's kind of a thing that's kind of known for that. So I don't like getting wet.
Speaker 1: Especially well, nobody likes getting wet, especially in January.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like taking a shower now, but yeah, no, it was I did a duck hunting the most active still killed a bunch of deer, but I hated still hunting. I had much rather hunt with dogs because at least you're going, you're trying to hear the direction they're going and get out ahead of them. I don't know if you guys have deer dog hunted a lot, been around it, Oh my god, it's the best because you're literally you're in the truck you're just saying, or on foot you're listening. You know, you're just trying to get ahead of where they're running the deer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we rabbit. Rabbit hunting was like our first introduction to hunting, and it's kind of the same thing, right, Like you're just listening to the dogs, trying to because that rabbit is gonna be out in front, and but you're still like, it's active. It's it's you're, you're, you're, you're moving, you're, you're hearing them. It's it's not just sitting in a true.
Speaker 2: A lot of states of outlawed running deer with dogs now because it's so hard to keep them, like, because the ground is split up so much, it's hard to keep them on one track. So a lot of that dog and a lot of that deer dog and stuff is our dad did a lot of deer dog deer hunting, shot everything.
Speaker 1: No idea what's legal and what's not anymore. I hunt drones.
Speaker 3: I don't even know, dude, you do hunt drones drones?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: My first come was a four ten and so but where I come from, you just get a four ten at age ten, and it's like go okay going. I mean yeah, kids like all right, we'll go out and shoot. Once we shot some cans and he's like you're free to go. So I just go scorel hunting. I have school every day, asked dude. I was like, ten, I know it's wild to think back. I'm out with a shotgun. Ten Yeah, with my four ten, which, by the way, is a shotgun. And oh you can say it's a small gun.
Speaker 1: Whatever, dude, blow your head off.
Speaker 3: And I'm just it, just moseying around shooting a crap.
Speaker 1: So you're right.
Speaker 3: I don't think people think of me as that. I'm really not that anymore. Love good wi Fi God, I love it and I don't like being cold, So not really the thing. But could I talk it? And did I live enough of it for over a decade? Oh for sure? And especially on the water too, like fishing. I worked at a marine as well, Like I go, what do you get me to fix?
Speaker 2: We Shaul, I got an example of how to not talk it. I actually send him in our text. Have you seen this? This is uh, this is Zuckerberg on Rogan.
Speaker 3: Oh I watched that.
Speaker 2: Oh please, this is Let me just let me just preface this. Hey, listen, we can sniff a non hunting human out in like three seconds.
Speaker 1: Non hunting human.
Speaker 3: No, because I don't hunt now. No, But do you believe.
Speaker 2: Well, no, we're talking already said things that that justify you forever as being someone who knows what the outdoors is.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not lying about what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I would be able to tell if you were. I mean you In country music, there is a portion of people that will lie just to just to be able to to personify that they are what they say.
Speaker 3: People that are like my hero is Merle Haggard and it's like, okay, here's four pictures, which one is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's your favorite song? Yeah? This is directional Mike put in the front.
Speaker 2: This is Zuckerberg lying about being a bow hunter, which is so easy.
Speaker 1: Did you say on Rogan?
Speaker 4: Well, my favorite is bo and that's I think like the most that feels like the most kind of sporting version of it. Yeah, if you want to put it that way and you just kind of go and hang out, and.
Speaker 1: Especially if you're mountain hunting, and then actually carry that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like to make an objection about that. I don't know a single bow hunter and I lightly bow hunted. Yeah, they would call it bow and arrow. No, not once did any of my bow hunting friends.
Speaker 1: You know, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's that's a clear indicator that you do not know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: That's a red flag when somebody's like, you know, what my favorite is bow and arrow.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, okay, let miss, but if you did have a bow and arrow, you would know who makes it.
Speaker 1: You have to know. Yeah, this is embarrassing. This is embarrassing. You know how old it is? No, it's it's not old.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think it's It's like a did you get someone to coach you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, tried.
Speaker 3: It's basically a bunch of the guys.
Speaker 1: A bunch of the guys coached him. The music is great, is line? Dude? That is a straight up outdoor ben like once somebody bought it at a range. Yeah, he shot it one time, put it up in his closet, and it's probably a recurve. I just wouldn't go on.
Speaker 2: Like the biggest podcast in the world and continue to shovel you know what I'm saying. A hole into the will probably get banned.
Speaker 1: From vas as they said.
Speaker 3: And I knew he's full of crab. Yeah, even you, that's what I'm And I'm not a bow hunter and even I knew that. But I grew up with a bunch of bow hunters.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I saw you on on bear Grills. How how was that whole experience? It's awesome? So did you do this? Sorry? Did you do like? Was it?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 1: The shows that like you're lost and you're trying to find your way to an excavation point or extract extraction point in my.
Speaker 3: Best Well, we weren't. We didn't have a tractor like digging holes or anything.
Speaker 1: I got. I got a two year old that loves diggers, and I've been watching a lot of Stinky and Dirty, so I went on.
Speaker 3: So I'm one of the only two people that's done it twice, and the other person exactly like me, the guy did magic, Mike chan chany Tato.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're the only two that's done it twice, mostly because our as.
Speaker 1: It's only hot guys. Yeah, you get to do it twice.
Speaker 3: I went to Norway the first time, and you don't meet Bear until you're out with Behar and so I as soon as I got off the plane, they were like ready to go, and we drove right out and they gave me the clothes. Switching to him, They're like, you'll be back in forty eight hours. I don't really know what was gonna happen. Wow, And they do take you and leave you. But the thing is Bear then shows up in some dramatic fashion and you're with them for two days. Now, we had to travel so many miles to get to a point. Yeah, so you get to that point like there's never a threat of you're gonna die, because what he told me was to bring celebrities on that show. And I don't count myself. I was probably the least famous person in the history of that show because they have real celebrities.
Speaker 1: You're a celebrity.
Speaker 3: I am moderately known in rural areas, but thank you, Dance with a Start again. Least famous person ever. But they wouldn't get to have like Courtney Cox or Roger Federer or whomever. If there was a legitimate chance you wouldopt sure. Yeah, but they do make it harder for some people. And so we land in Norway.
Speaker 1: It's called less important people. They're like, oh for sure.
Speaker 3: They're like, well, I don't care as much as.
Speaker 1: They die, just a just a tad bit. Yeah for sure, he breaks his leg, it's fine.
Speaker 3: We had to like truck across like thirty miles of Norway of like fjords and down.
Speaker 1: And thirty miles whatever. It was.
Speaker 3: It was a lot. It was a lot, and it was really hard. Some of it looked sketchy and I had to go down, like I was really scared. I don't like heights. They really push you. It took two days. You do sleep out in the wilderness. That sucked. You're wet, Like that's there. Aren't all those fake bells and whistles on that show that you think there might be, because it just is uncomfortable the whole time. The great thing is Bear is awesome. It could not be a kinder guy. So he finished the first episode and I'm on standing on like the side of a helicopter, buckled and it's like flying on crazy and I'm thinking, I don't even like adventure. I don't want don't want no adventure. I've had enough adventure in my life.
Speaker 1: Literally on the show. On one of the shows, he's they're interviewing and he's like, I'm scared. I'm like he quoted it said, I'm the biggest weenie baby in the world.
Speaker 3: Don't want it. Been in the woods my whole life. That's okay. So we do it, and it was one of the higher rated episodes into the network that are like, well, here's our least famous guy getting some of the most some of the highest ratings, like what are we missing? And it turns out I have a big audience. And also Hollywood doesn't understand the power of country music or the power of people that aren't on a coast. You know, there's this very much if you're not in New York or LA, you kind of don't matter. And I think I was able to prove, well, that's not true, like you're ignoring. I mean, look at what's happened politically. It's just a bunch of people that have never got to have a voice that are like screaming, somebody's listening to me, and you're people and people that live in these really blue states are going how does this happen? And people like myself who grew up in a red state, like, oh, I can tell you exactly why it is. How people have felt like they don't have never had a voice, they don't matter, and yeah, that they don't matter. And here's somebody, true or not that says they're listening to them, and nothing else has worked in the history of their life to make them feel like they matter, So why not take a flyer on something?
Speaker 1: And so that's so.
Speaker 3: That's like the culture all the way through politically now even in media, and so the show does really well as an episode. Now Geo comes and goes, we want to give you a show, and I'm like, cool, let's like, oh, you investigate some resorts or something. Let's go do something. And it ended up being Breaking Bobby Bones, which is a show that where they tried to kill me over and over again. But before that show, they were like, would you like to come on Beary Girls again? I said no, thank you. I said, well, I've already said my story, like I went on, and I was like, I like, I feel like my purpose at some point, which I think I'm doing it already, but at some point is to focus primarily on, in a very selfish way, helping people they grew up like I did.
Speaker 1: Food insecurity.
Speaker 3: I think, if you don't have food, nothing else matters, Like how do you go to school and learn? How do you have.
Speaker 1: Goals bigger than what you can see.
Speaker 3: At arm's lengths, like if you don't even have food to eat right, like it's fundamental. And so there are a few things I'm very passionate about, and one of them is food insecurity, then education, and so I think if I have to run for office, and I don't want to, but if I ever feel like I have to, I have like three things I care about. I have a lot of things I kind of care about, but I'm very selfish that I know what affected me, and eating, the most basic thing is something I care about greatly because I didn't get to have three meals a day every day. And this is not even for sympathy, it's just great.
Speaker 2: But it's I think you're already because I'm that I'm that demographic right, Not that didn't eat, I've always eaten, but I'm and I'm from the South, and I know of places like you're talking about, and that immediately hits me, which goes back to your point of why I assume the episode connected is because there's a lot of people in the country that feel like that.
Speaker 3: That don't have a voice, that dren't even that aren't hurt at all at all. It's not even that people can hear a voice and ignore it. It doesn't even get to the people and for them. This is how I feel about politicians in general. Most politicians are people that grew up rich. That's why they get to be politicians, because they have the money to not work and to just go run for office. That's ninety five percent of politicians, so they don't know what it's like to have to struggle. And so I do my story on the show. Mom died drug overdose in her forties, never had a dad ABCD right, and it happens, and I tell them I have no more story, like what do you mean to do? Just gohead and be scared again? No, thank you, It sucked. I don't want to be scared good. I was cold, I was wet.
Speaker 1: They pay you like three thousand dollars nothing, No, that wasn't about po And now I made a bunch of money and dancing with the stars but different because you're competing for something.
Speaker 3: But now that was never about money. That was like, we've chosen you and we only let famous people will do it. And they all said they couldn't show up on this date, so we now choose you. And so they say, well you come back the second time, and I said my first answer was no, because I.
Speaker 1: Was probably no thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure it was yeah, no, no thank you, kind mammer, sir, I said, don't have a story to tell, and they said, okay, let us make another offer, you know, next week whatever, and just know we've never asked anybody to do it twice except for Channing Tatum. And now I was like, well, that is interesting to me. They would ask me to do it twice and that's not a thing where they constantly bring people back. But I'm like, I have nothing to say that that. I felt like I wouldn't be repeating myself, Like because they want sure you, they want real you, what do you care about? And so they came back and they were like, and my wife and I were engaged at the time, and they were like, what if we've never had a couple on the show? What if you and your fiance did it? And I was like, she would never agree to do that. She doesn't really be public at all. The last thing that she would ever want to do is be on television. And she had been in therapy that day and the therapist was having a talk with her because we had a stalker. For a long time, she had a stalker. I've had a few, she had a stalker that was it got really bad. FBI involved, It's really bad and unsafe, right, And so.
Speaker 1: She had been to.
Speaker 3: Her therapist and her therapist was like, you know what, you're experiencing so much of the bad stuff that comes with his job. Why don't you experience some of the good stuff too instead of just And I caught her on a day yeh, and she was like, my therapist challenged me to do things that make me feel unomfortable, and she agreed to do it, and I could not believe it. So I committed and we went and did it a second time the next season, I think it's episode five and six, and we did it again, and that was better. I had a different story to tell because I'd commitment. I was more scared of commendment than heights, and I'm so scared of heights, and so that was that. And she she's an athlete, and she crushed it and made me look stupid. But we did the show twice. Bears amazing. It is really hard. It is what it looks like. I didn't want to do it a second time, but I did, and I you know, us doing it together was really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The outdoors has a way, and especially in that kind of environment, in that setting, it has a way to help you overcome whatever obstacle you're facing in life, Like like for instance, you know whatever she was going through to get out there and get out of your comfort zone and do something like that and scale down a rock face that you know that if you fall, you're probably gonna really hurt yourself or die. Ye to overcome some of that stuff, it lets you know that you can. You know, you're all right, You're gonna you're gonna be able to overcome whatever it is in front of you. Stalgger situation is pretty nuts. You good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sucks for me, And again I don't want to hog. I'm sure you guys have stuff you actually want to talk about. Because we're talking about I'll quickly hog everything.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is this is the okay.
Speaker 3: So for me, I didn't get married till I was like thirty eight, and I never really was in a serious relationship before my wife. I kind of ran from them and I would always blame it on I'm investing in work because I don't want to be an impoverished kid again. And some of that was true, but some of that was I never really had relationships, even family relationships, like no one ever said they loved and my mom was an addict and again cared about her deeply but when you're an addict, it's hard to exist and be there. The one time that I really felt empathy for her, because I did feel sympathy a lot. Empathy was has to do with a stalker situation, but not the one. I got jumped outside of work once going into the building in Nashville. No, in Texas.
Speaker 1: I'd already had one instance when I was an Arkansas where I got pistol whipped going to a radio event at an ATM got pistol whipped.
Speaker 3: It's the whole thing. It was really scary, gun held in my head. I got jumped going into work in Austin, and it obviously really messed with my head where I couldn't close my eyes without somebody coming up behind me. I had a bunch of death threats, still get them occasionally.
Speaker 1: Now, why were they? Why are they so mad at you? I don't really It's a numbers game. It literally is a numbers game. Mean, just so many people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just imagine you're standing on the floor here and everybody they can see you standing on the floor, you know, just people right here, and then as it lifts, imagine all the people that can see you the floor just lifted for me, and so I have a lot of people watching, you know whoever, And so I.
Speaker 2: Still don't understand what that would make somebody want to kill you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, people are crazy.
Speaker 3: It's mostly just ten people to one want to kill me. Nah, ten thousand people, maybe a million. There's usually one in there that's just crazy enough. They can't have you, nobody will.
Speaker 1: They can't stand yeah, it can't stand everything like that.
Speaker 3: So I've had all these stalker situations or these instances, and I couldn't sleep, and so I started to go to my doctor. And I'm terrified of not medicine, but I'm terrified of being addicted to something because of what's in my family.
Speaker 1: You've seen it again.
Speaker 3: Mom's an attict hard stuff too, like meth. And she had me at sixteen, so it wasn't like she like she never had a chance.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 3: So it's not even like I'm angry. It's like you have somebody a kid at sixteen and you're already poor, sure, like you're looking for ways to feel. So the one time I had empathy was i'd gone through three or four phases of trying different things to sleep because I was sick all the time because I couldn't sleep, and my doctor was like, we can always try sleeping pills, and I was so scared of them, but I took them. But then I remember I wouldn't like remember nights and stuff like at all, Like I would drive off with the gas thing in the car, just the crazy things because of those sleeping pills. Like my real fear was like flying on an airplane and like somebody wakes me up and I'm like beating off on the airplane and like go to jail because I was on a sleeping pill. Didn't know it. Like that's the kind of stuff that I was white Like I seriously was like I can't, I can't do this, And so I got off sleeping pills. But I went through it was it was so hard, like I my vision was bad. I was sweating for like five days. I felt like I couldn't walk.
Speaker 1: Trying to come off of them with it ambient or something.
Speaker 3: It was something called it was a version of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I know some thought I had some roommates that would well for me. You can't this happening.
Speaker 3: It was coming off of it because I depended on it because I took it for a year and I was like, I can't do this anymore. But once I was going through with drawers, they were so bad. They hurt me so bad that I wrote about this in my my first book. It was the first time that I ever slightly understood my mom and when she would try to quit, how hard, dude. All I took was sleeping pills.
Speaker 1: And it was imagine if you're doing math or you're doing and you're quitting, yeah, And it's easy to be on the outside of that and look at somebody that's going through that and be like, well, just you know, they.
Speaker 3: Gets exactly it.
Speaker 1: I just stopped put it in rehab and you can't understand what they're going through.
Speaker 3: And you can't lock somebody in rehab yet, right And she would leave and I'd be mad. So had a lot of that relationship. But that's that's the time that I had empathy there. But that all comes from me being jumped and having these stalker situations. My wife moves to town. Now I got to grow with we'll call it fame. I do not think there are actual famous people. I think again, I think I'm modeling on in places. Yeah, I can tour and sell out two thousand seats in a theater doing stand up. That's pretty good, but it ain't are on a grande. I got to grow with my fame. Pardon the term. It's going to keep using it to make sure. I got to grow with it. So when I go to dinner and someone records me eating dinner, I don't even notice it anymore. My wife did not get to grow. It would be like having a baby and all of a sudden you get it at six. Well, you didn't get to grow and grow as a parent. As the baby grows, you're thrust into She's thrust into it. And again it ain't bieber, but it is weird.
Speaker 1: And so we go out.
Speaker 3: People record this. We go and I don't mind. It's someone's like I can't get a picture, But it's the people that like won't ask, but just want to record, like secretly. And for her it made her really uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I can imagine.
Speaker 3: And I didn't under at first. I was like, it's not a big deal, but I didn't give her the grace to I didn't have the understanding. Now could you didn't do.
Speaker 1: You agree with you? And she was thrust into it. Yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 3: And so she ended up getting this really aggressive, crazy stalker that that would that would appear she purpose, that would leak personal information on the internet that we did, that would come after her.
Speaker 1: And here she is and I feel like, leaked things that only you should know. Yes, how did this person get into access?
Speaker 3: That's good after the podcast story, but the FBI got involved, and so.
Speaker 1: It was really unsafe.
Speaker 3: Feeling for her, and she wanted and she already wanted nothing to do with being a public figure. That's not her thing at all.
Speaker 1: Do you feel guilty about terrible? I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: I felt so bad that I would kind of blame her because I'm a child, and I would be like, come on, I can't believe. But I felt it was all because I felt so guilty that I put her in this situation. Sure, so we have had that, but for her to go to therapy and then do the TV show which loops all the way back around. I was so happy that she did it, and she's in a pretty good place now. But she some of the stuff that she quote signed up for, she didn't actually sign up for. You kind of didn't know it was part of the gig, and it's not always part of the gig, but she's a beast.
Speaker 1: Did they ever get into just a talk? Touch on that one more time, and if we don't need to go anywhere you want, did they did they ever get in with y'all? Like? What about the stalker situation? Like into the psaki of the stalker? And why sure we end up finding who it was exactly?
Speaker 2: Did he look like those guys or she or whatever it was looked like like movie stalkers or was it just a regular normal dude? Like did he when you saw him? Were you like, oh, that guy looks like a stalker or were you like, oh, it's just.
Speaker 3: You know, what's so funny? And I do the same thing. It wasn't a he because I did the same thing with like you did.
Speaker 1: So with with it being a female, was there what did they tell you? It's a jealousy aspect of it.
Speaker 3: We didn't know at first, So we are to forensics. Uh did I probably spend eighty grand on detectives?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you change you could possibly do to alleviate situation because you kind of feel.
Speaker 3: Good for it, and luckily we have the resources to do that. Right, Yeah, we had to go and had to go to the Department of Justice, getsupoena to go. It was wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 3: It sucked.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: My wife is a champ and that's tough. And I'm glad she did that show and you can watch it and she kills the show. She's such a better athlete than I am, and I like consider myself to be a decent anem.
Speaker 1: We're pretty good.
Speaker 3: I think you're athletic. Yeah I am.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. Yeah, if you can dance, which.
Speaker 3: I can't dance, but I can work. Yeah, I was a bad dancer. I won that show.
Speaker 1: If you can dance, your like athletes can dance those most.
Speaker 3: Pros are freaking professional athletes. Like I've been around a lot of professional athletes, those pro dancers on the show. Professional athlete, Yeah, no doubt about it. Until you see it in person, you don't. You don't even know, Like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Pro athletes are crazy too. Let's talk about that for a second. Like catch it, catch it, like playing catch with a professional pitcher or throwing football with the NFL quarterback.
Speaker 2: Different till you different until you do that. If you kind of can't understand how.
Speaker 1: Far removed you are from.
Speaker 2: It, dude, even as an athlete, like sure, yes, we were a million miles from Yeah, professional bottle of the some NFL guy like a million.
Speaker 3: One of my best friends is he was a former number one tennis player, won a Grand Slam, Andy Roddick, like one of the last, maybe the last American tennis player to win a major. It was at my wedding or right, like, he's one of my best friends. Yeah, And I would go and train with him, and I remember the first time I trained with him, I was like, I think that was exhausting. It was the forty minute warm up, Like it's the work that goes in.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't necessarily look like this mega athlete.
Speaker 3: In real life.
Speaker 1: He in real life as.
Speaker 3: A monster and he's six two sixty three broad shoulders. I'm thinking the guy his hand eye coordination, she said, Andy Roddy. Yeah, but even then on TV you would his hand eye coordination is wild. I do a podcast now, it's called Lots to Say with Matt Castle. The NFL hired me to do this show. Before I came here, I was on NFL Network doing stuff which is crazy, which are crazy that I'm like an your sports guy, I'm an expert. Yeah, I don't know crap. But even Matt Castle, who is my partner in this six ' four and he was a starting quarterback for the Chiefs for a few years, went in after Brady got hurt. Was a backup quarterback once some game, once a game, but wasn't like a guy that won a whole bunch of super Dude. He decided one offseason and I was just playing at USC He's just gonna go play baseball and started pitching for the college baseball team like that kind of ad Athletes are athletes. It's a wild across the board, and I just work hard, yeah, and try to get as close as I can. In rec league, we had we had a we.
Speaker 2: Have a best buddy, that's a he was a cy Young Award winner pitcher and who is it Jake Peevey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and dude, we two time world champions.
Speaker 2: You can literally play catch with him, just playing catch, man, and I'm talking about forty yards or just throwing a baseball due now ten years removed from the league. Way that the ball hit the glove was different from anyone else I'd ever called. And I played baseball my entire life, but the way he it was like when when I throw a baseball, I come by the side of my head.
Speaker 1: When he threw a baseball, it was like it came.
Speaker 3: From like up here to heavens.
Speaker 2: It was insane, and it would hit my glove and just nearly take it off.
Speaker 1: And he's not even trying. He's not even trying, but you would catch. It's just it's the same thing with CJ. When you're throwing. Yeah, when you when you're throwing football with CJ. Beathard, it's coming at you so fast, but if you get your hands in the right place, it's like somebody's pushing, like pushing it in, like just putting it in your hands.
Speaker 3: I think it lands.
Speaker 1: It comes so hard, but it lands so soft. And only those guys know how to throw football that way.
Speaker 3: We are a bit jaded, but it's that way with vocalists, Oh for sure. Here now we get to be around a lot of great vocalists.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, and we're of the world class, some of the best.
Speaker 3: Thing the giants, and you know, I'll get tag this person's good or I'll be somebody you know, and back home in Arkansas and they're like, wow, the person and they are, but it's like a good ball player back in Mountain Pine or a minor league. It's like, wow, they're doing. But until you actually see somebody who has not only the natural ability, but the work ethic, uh, the ability to strategize. Is how it's like a professional athlete totally. And we'ren't it every day, so we can get lost on us. It'd be like somebody in pro ball, like in the front office. Yes, you probably get lost same way with those singers.
Speaker 2: You've worked with a lot of different vocalists and had them home. Who who is somebody? And I know you've had all of them, but like, who is someone that popped on your show that immediately because we've had a couple of those even doing this this year that like when the tones started coming out of their esophagus, we were like, takes you some much? Oh shit, this is super special. Is there anybody that just immediately caught your ear?
Speaker 1: Like? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I think some of them though are It's because again everybody's great, not everybody, but we're around great greatness sometimes it's how distinct it is totally you know more than yeah, more than I can categorize, And uh, I'm going to give you the easiest softball answer, but I'll use the first time I ever heard him sing from three feet from me was Luke Combs, way early on he was on the show. This is this is when I was like in my breaking artist phase, which now I'm just in the me phase because I'm just doing content right, It's this point in my career. He it was like a freaking cannon ball was coming out of his chest. It was violent. And not only that, because it's so violent, it didn't get credit for being pure. So vocally that's a pure singer, but because it's so violent, and because of what he sings about and how he dresses, and he doesn't like change it up for anybody else.
Speaker 1: He just he's just him.
Speaker 3: At times that can be lost because of everything else around it. With Luke Combs, I was like, h first of all, scare the crap out of me. Yeah, because it was is violent. It's the first time it's like a hundred picture those one hundred and four. But can put it. It can paint the.
Speaker 1: Corners, especially when you're sitting this far from him, almost like it's almost like filling a speaker with bass. Crazy, Yeah, you can it's a vibration that you can feel.
Speaker 3: And somebody that can throw one hundred and four you don't talk about how they can paint the corners. Talk about dude, he could throw one hundred and four miles an hour. He's also got some control, but he But really it was about the control. If I were to go like who do I hear? And I go like, man, there's like Jillian Jacqueline is somebody that had a deal for a bit. Yeah, great independent artist, Like there's something about her tone and there's something about is sound total cornball? But I feel fair saying it because it's not cornball because I'm around it all the time. Like I feel like I can feel what the heck she's saying without or even saying it, just by the sounds coming out of her. And is she gonna out sing somebody? Straight up, let's just sing loud and no. But she sings with with such texture and character.
Speaker 1: Well said that it's just different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's well said. Honestly, I mean that is what it is. It's the texture, it's the character.
Speaker 1: It makes you listen to it.
Speaker 2: That's the inflections too, like like a really well, and that's a great analogy made about the picture. It's not that he can just throw one hundred and four. He can paint corners, he can put it in the pocket, he can slow it down when his curve boss probably nest. And sometimes those people don't even know that they're doing that, and that's when it's beautiful. Like when you were talking about with Luke early on, he didn't necessarily even know he was doing that. And then you get to like a more refined thing, which was like kolbe Kalay. Like when she was she opened her mouth on our show, we were like, oh man, this is like angelic ordained kind of heavenly deal.
Speaker 1: She was, she was not. I mean, that's the one that pops into my mind. I mean amazing, and she's like the most artistic human and always that hasn't the time hasn't caught up with her yet.
Speaker 3: I agree, you know, she's she's been a bit ahead of our time, and that's been a penalty towards her.
Speaker 1: Sure as far as the success thing, yes, yeah, as.
Speaker 3: Far as like me strange success, but she's ahead. She's way ahead, and it just hasn't matched up yet. And if you just stay at it, eventually it's going to catch up, but she's already gonna be there. Yeah, right, I'll get one other one real quick. Was It's It's again. This is going to be a total cliche, went too. But I got to sing with her, and so I have We do a show every year for Saint Jude at the Rhyman where I'm in a comedy music duo, but we have a full band of studio musicians. There was a time where we were playing festivals and it was crazy, so I had to have a band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I remember those days. Yeah, we would like play.
Speaker 3: We would like play after Old Dominion and we'd go on in our Wiggles outfits because I put us all in stupid closer people would know we weren't.
Speaker 1: Serious producer Eddie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like I was all embarrassed to play after really good acts because the only reason we were playing these spots late and festivals is because we sold a bunch of tickets. Yeah, and we didn't sell a bunch of tickets because we were like a great band, which Eddie and I were just kind of funny, and we had people that came to show. I'm sure they ate it up, though sometimes sometimes they were confused. There were sometimes people.
Speaker 1: Were we don't really like this.
Speaker 3: They were just like, what's happened?
Speaker 1: Country fans?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we play faster horses and they'd be like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But the person I sang once at the rhyme and with Carrie Underwood and so aveers in and you know, it's always kind of a slightly distorted, and you have certain things being fed through ears, like there's only certain instruments I want to hear so I can keep up because again I'm not really a musician. Yeah, and Carrie comes out and open his mouth and it was an alien. Yeah, it was an alien and.
Speaker 1: Out of the not of this world. Yeah, never have.
Speaker 3: Heard anything like that before because it was just so pure, strong and immediate, and it was like if everybody, this is what I do. And it kind of sucked the wine down of me for a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun when that happens too, as as someone who's well all three of us, as people who are in this all the time and hear all the time. When you when that that pop of like genuine inspiration hits your ears, it's it's a it's a very beautiful thing and it doesn't doesn't happen all that often. I mean, there's tons of great singers, man, and there's tons of great singers that sing great songs. But to have that occasional, just like reset on, Man, this is kind.
Speaker 1: Of not of normality in music. It's that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: I think Kelly Clarkson is that too.
Speaker 1: I want to get your take on this, and and I'm glad you mentioned Luke because I feel like he was one of the cars at the beginning of this caravan of country music that's happening right now. Where do you think the state of country music is and where do you think it's going?
Speaker 3: So the state right now is Garth Brooks, Brooks and done nineties right now, it is it is it, We're in it sometimes. And I have friends that have toured a bunch that didn't quite know how big they were getting because they were always on the road. Kind of one of those things. Yeah, we're living right in the Meley country music now. And the only reason that I can kind of feel what other people that aren't in country music because I get a lot of calls or opportunities based on just how big the format is, meaning there'll be a TV show call and go like, hey, you're a pretty good host, but obviously you're like the biggest you have the biggest listening whatever in country music and country crushes, so we definitely want to talk to you like I'm getting I'm literally getting offers because of the popularity of the format, and you're looking at three let's remove the I don't even call him so much legacy but like Chesney still doing it, but for the sake of it, we'll call him legacy, Garth legacy. They're still at football stadiums. Okay, cool, rare. You can do that at any point. But when you have Comb's wallin Zach Bryan, you have three guys under like forty who are selling out football stadiums.
Speaker 1: On the regular, yes you can.
Speaker 3: Nobody's doing that anywhere else in the world. What I wonder is when does Morgan get corny to know to not his fault. But sometimes you get so big that then people have to start acting like they don't like you. Oh, it has nothing to do with the art you make or the person you are.
Speaker 1: Sure, but Cole plays a great example part cold Play.
Speaker 3: But then you get so big that since everybody likes you, people aren't gonna go No, I don't. I don't like that. That's lame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nickelbacks same cinccenario.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: People love them so much that it reversed on them and we've seen and then it reversed back where now they're cool again.
Speaker 3: Yep, Creed's do the thing.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift, I wonder she ever got corny? No, she never. You don't think she took a dip in the middle of this, No. I think her followers have been there since.
Speaker 3: I think one Taylor kind of crushes stupid strike all the Swift is it's just me and Dan were cool anyway. I wonder, because he's getting so popular, when does he get corny to no fault of his own totally, because there is a I can't.
Speaker 1: Believe it hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 3: If you want to know the truth, there is a state, a threshold where that happens, regardless of what you're putting out and how you're putting it out.
Speaker 2: Man, his his his his fans pretty die hard. But you know what I think it is. I think it's true talent. I mean, I know there's a lot of stuff going on with him, but I think the literal sound of the guy's voice is so addictive.
Speaker 3: But you're not gonna tell me cole Plate didn't have that. They're the most talented band one of them in the past twenty years.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you that.
Speaker 2: I am going to tell you that I feel like the quality of Wallin's songs has not even kind of stammered.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even have to be Morgan. I'm just saying he's He is the only one that's there that's at that place where it's like it could be the God's country podcasts has gotten so big, when does it become corny? To I hit a stage in my career different where I got corny because I was on every station and everybody was and so you got a kind of pivot at time total and and do slight recreations of your which I've done in multiple ways. But that's what I wonder about Morgan, like when does it get corny? Because he's so big. But with the state of it now, it's never been better, never been healthier. But that is always what leads to the pig getting a little too fat and then it gets slaughtered.
Speaker 1: So we're close to bandslaughtered, gorn Fit, what's close all of our careers.
Speaker 3: Are relating not at all. But again, then the format gets so big the same way an artists could get big that it gets corny because then everybody's wanting to So it's the same the same model. It's lift someone up to knock them down. It's what we love doing in America. We're crushing it right now and eventually we won't, and then we will again. So that's my answer on where I think country music is the One thing that I would like to say before we finish is that. And I was just doing an interview about the Grammys a minute ago and they were asking me about Beyonce, and people try to get me on the Gotmes all the time. People people love to try to get because they will love to.
Speaker 1: That question. I get for sure. Right, let's go viral everybody, everybodys trying everybody. Everybody wants a bit.
Speaker 3: So I'm doing this thing about the Grammys and they're like, how do you feel like Beyonce's affected country music? And I said the following. I said, I hate now as a person, No, but I hate people that say that.
Speaker 1: That's not you hate people. Got it? You heard it here first?
Speaker 3: Guys that say that listen to something and go, well, that's not country music. And I will tell you why, because in the root, and I do consider myself a bit of a scholar when it comes to traditional and even pre traditional country music, which is why I've been lucky. You have to be a part of a lot of really great documentaries like Charlie Prior documentary like these guys that are like my grandma raised me on gospel records of Andy Griffith and modern sounds right, Charles. But then it made me want to learn. Even previously, where I find the issue to be is people that will hear something that is not considered traditional from when they were a kid and be angry at it and go, well, that's not country. And you'll see where this the Beyonce comes into it. And what I said to them was that person annoys me. We also need them, I said, because if you were to find what country music actually is and go this is country music, it would be a slave from Africa that came over on the slave ship that brought a version of the banjo, and a European who came over as immigrant who bought a fiddle, and they came to the southeast part of America into the mountains. Why do we think country music is in the southeast? And absolutely and what was their slaves? And and that is what that is what country music was. That's the ruin of country music. So if you want, and then you can go through the times, and if they give me full minutes of Ted talk, I'll go some of the times where country music was absolutely said, you are a fraud. If you go to Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys. Whenever they amped up a freaking steel guitar, it was sacrilegious. That is not country music to us.
Speaker 1: It has to be. That's like three country music.
Speaker 3: When Garth is told, you can do Johnny Cash. He's from Arkatsam grandma's form Arkansas.
Speaker 1: She would tell me stories about people basically protesting Johnny Cash concerts because he was a Christian artist and he was a rock and roll guy.
Speaker 3: But that's not country. You can't do it. You can do Garth and how he toured, you can do Sam Hunt and how he talked, you can do So my point is if people aren't always pushing the format of different directions, we die.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You don't have to go along with every direction. And some directions have been wrong. But when someone hears something goes that's not country, I feel like you were ignorant in what country music is and will always be and is a growth and could be yes, yeah, and may not be and you might actually be right correct, but you're not right if you say it before it's over, because there have been so many genesises that have happened where people have said not country music, no way. And so when the Beyonce record comes out, it's pretty good, and it was like, why isn't she making it? Like one of my really good friends of Charlottage and the God and he's a black dude to know much about country and those two things don't have to do anything together, but he is and he does hip hop show and he's like, why is the Beyonce record like making it? And I'm like, well, I can tell you this town is so incestual that and he goes because like, uh, post Malone is. I said, here's the thing. It's not about that she's black and he's white. It's that this town in this way sucks. It's incestual. Well, Postmon moved here and lived here and what did my charity show and had Paisley on and integrated himself in the community and immerged himself, and right or wrong, this town reacts to that. That's right, fair or unfair. This town reacts to that at times unfair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost like it's a they give credit, like, yes, you got your cred because you wrote songs with Sunrise.
Speaker 3: Where Beyonce did not do that at all one bit, and so she got no.
Speaker 1: Look, it almost looked it almost feels like an infiltration at that point, like like somebody's trying to get a.
Speaker 3: Little and we all hate because someone just comes to country because they're failing somewhere else. Absolutely, we all hate that. I'll never lie about that, like, don't use us because you suck somewhere else.
Speaker 1: And think it's just gonna be an easy way to Yeah, but you.
Speaker 3: Know who doesn't need country music Beyonce, post Malone, they don't need it. They did that because they wanted to do it. I have no problem with people that love the format. And so my anger wasn't that people weren't playing her because she was black, because I don't think that's what it was. I think it was some people want to play her because she didn't come to town and like play the stupid games that some people they have to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that they would rule as authenticity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like oh you're not country, you can't you saying R and B so so to post Malone and then people go, well he's white, so they're letting it. I'm like, no, as unfair as it is. He showed up to town and like wrote with everybody got a little bit and dudes, that should have to be paid if you make great art, this country let her rip. So country music I like to think of it as like in a like a big latex condom, and its arms are always like pushing its way out of it, like switch, thank you, and like which way is do we? And some sometimes the arms come back and sometimes they through. Yeah, And so that that's me most Friday.
Speaker 1: Now. It's honestly gusting.
Speaker 3: But I I love what country music is. I understand everything is cyclical. It's a monster right now. It will not be a monster again. It will be a monster again, and and it will get so big that it becomes corny.
Speaker 1: That is great. Yeah, that's great, dude. I could do this. And before you get out here.
Speaker 3: That's what happens when you guys come to my house and I'm like, you know.
Speaker 1: That before before you get out of here, before we have we have a fan, a close family friend that is, she's fourteen, Yeah, the biggest Bobby Bones fan in the world. We wanted to give her a chance to ask you something. So I'm Ellis sorry, sorry, sorry, Bobby. I'm Ellie.
Speaker 7: Hey Bobby, I'm Ellien. And listen to your show every morning and listen to all your podcasts, and your show is really just helped keep me motivated and be successful. And you're just so successful in your life and you just continue to see those limits. And so I was just wondering what what keeps you motivated and what keeps you just on your own path and your own thing.
Speaker 3: Thanks the honest answer, I kid you not. This is not me just saying it as Ellie preface that, Ellie, thank you so much for even caring and knowing who I am. But it's extreme insecurity. I think a lot of us get into art because we are wildly insecure and we're looking for love in different.
Speaker 1: Ways, touching a nerve there bones.
Speaker 3: Fear based, it's all all. My success is fear based, very vulnerable, and I am not scared for something to suck, because I have done many things that have sucked, and I get right back up and nobody remembers. Nobody cares. Everybody's so focused on themselves. The thing that I say to myself and to others the most, which sounds harsh at first, is nobody cares. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: What I mean by that is you have your very very very select few people in your circle six eight that you love. You would give an organ for the rest. They don't really care. For a minute. They might, but they're st worried about them el and nothing matters. Meaning I have done things, I have tried things unsuccessfully that have bombed out.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares.
Speaker 3: You know who cares? Me worrying if other people care, Yeah, nobody cares. They're not thinking a bit about it because everybody is so focused on themselves. The beauty is nobody cares and nothing matters. So as long as it matters to you and you care about it, go and if it doesn't work and you still love it, do it again, and do it again, and until you don't want to do it anymore, do it again, and you will learn so much from that. This is my entire second book fail until you don't. I'm not a writer. I don't not to write a book. I've read two New York Times bestsellers. I'm not to write a book. I literally don't know how to write a book. It's just going I'm going to do this and then getting up and doing it again because it's not going to work the first time. So that's my key. It's showing up on time, damn shouts, and also not being afraid to fail because nothing matters, nobody cares.
Speaker 1: A quote that changed changed my mindset, And that is just what you're saying, is like, it's like you'll you'll quit caring what people think about you when you realize that they don't. They don't and and and you do what you are. You feel like you're created to do, which which us is write songs and and and and you know, do this thing and be great dads. But you do it for yourself. You don't do it for anybody else. And when you can, when you can tap into that, you've tapped into a dangerous level of catching dreams, of of of making things happen that you've always wanted to happen. Because at that point, you don't have any limits, right, Like, like, there's nobody that can stop you if you're the only you can. So if you can get to a point where you're doing it because you want to do it, there ain't no limit.
Speaker 3: I was fortunate. I used to not think. I'll conclude with this, I was fortunate.
Speaker 1: I used to not think us.
Speaker 3: I used to be very resentful about this. I was fortunate that I grew up extremely poor and nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: You were fortunate that you grew up extremely poor and had nothing to lose.
Speaker 3: Because what's the worst thing is gonna happen to me? I can try big things. What's the worst thing's gonna happen to me?
Speaker 1: Nothing? The same thing I learned, dude, I was good at being poor.
Speaker 3: It sucked. I was good at it, though I figured it out so where I used to resent that so much, and I used to resent all the normal family and all the things. Like I am grateful for it in such a way because I would not be here because maybe I would have been like, I don't know, this is kind of comfortable here, yeah, Like I had nothing to lose, and there's real value in having nothing to lose. And I have to remind myself of that now because I do have a lot of stuff. I'm rich now, it's crazy. I can't believe it. And so yeah, thank you, thank you. That's one I'm proud of. And it's like I have see my house is awesome.
Speaker 1: Right that pool, I got to get in that.
Speaker 3: Pool and I have a dog bridge. I have to remind the register. Yeah, but we did. That was just apply wood and aft. You be honest with it looks it looks nice. It's like I have to put myself there that I have to remember that mindset or I'm going to be timid in action.
Speaker 1: Can I ask, do you live in fear that? That? Absolutely every day?
Speaker 3: My business manager, which didn't know what that was right until I got rich, Well, that's so much trying to get in my gate. This is funny. It's a hilarious rich person thing. Hold on trying to get in granted them in my gate about that. Granted, the question was do I fear my business manager, which I never had. I was like, why am I going to pay somebody a percentage? Like handle crap? And then you realize when you're paying tons of people. She had to tell me to stop overpaying bills every month because I'm going to be okay if I lose my job. Like she had to come to me and say, stop overpaying your bills because I wanted to have a bit of a surplus to cover my water bill for three months. That's a little security. This is like four years ago. This is not even like so that that never leaves. I don't want it to leave. I can be a little healthier with it. But I used to resent it. Now I'm grateful for it in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, you brought your guitar. Is there anything you want to say on the I.
Speaker 3: Just about to be funny, honest. I see people bring guitar.
Speaker 1: Bringing up show them, show the show, show the people.
Speaker 3: You guys are killing me.
Speaker 1: You have to go, oh yeah, he's gonna go. He's gonna go.
Speaker 3: Okay, look, I have this guitar. It's red, and I do comedy shows and I was gonna play a couple of songs for you, Like I have this one song people laugh at sometimes, and so it's called the Target song. And the whole thing is, uh, hold on, it's just uh, don't go shopping a Target with CaCu pints and a red shirt on don't go shopping it tight, it's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: So the whole joke was like, I needed food for my labor door, so I went down to my favorite store. I didn't think about the clothes I wore, but I learned a hard lesson, that's for sure. One, two, three four.
Speaker 6: Don't go shopping the target with pins and a red shirt on. Don't go shopping in a target with khaki pants and a rich sullo shirt on. That's an old lady came up to me. She said, how much for this cream of wheat? I said, today, old lady, it's free. And now she's doing hard time for shoplifting.
Speaker 1: Don't go shopping a target with khaki pants. So good, all right, thank you, hey bro, thanks for being you man. Thanks for welcome. You're welcome.
Speaker 3: I was gonna come in and like be like yalk off, smear and off, but I decided not to do. You guys even know that is I don't look it up. Yeah, Russian comedian from like the eighties. It's one of those references like a family got references. Sometimes you miss it's weight smarter than the people watching. And I just did that to you guys, Yes, got Odusha. You don't drive car car drive you all right? Cool? Al right, anyway, sure.
Speaker 1: That was funny when I was will you will you come back on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great for sure. I remember Bobcat remember that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's funny that that was comedy.
Speaker 1: At one point he had a TV show to where he was a little talking thing. I remember that, and like Sam Kennison, Oh yeah, okay, thank you for having me and God bless and thanks for hanging out in God's country. Bones, Bones Boone, thank you, thank you.