Speaker 1: They get.
Speaker 2: They called me.
Speaker 3: Ball Leler.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the ball Alert show line from Atlanta. Go by the name for now you know. Beat Jim Joseph the Beilder.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 3: We're gonna wake him up a little bit. He's been working his ass off.
Speaker 1: Double o G.
Speaker 4: I've been working like I'm delirious. Man up today. That's cool, man, It's.
Speaker 1: Good to see you. It's just whatever type of energy you got for us.
Speaker 2: Man, we just wet side. We all living legend. Man.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start this off by saying you probably even know this, or maybe you remember when I was in college. You remember Freshy in Tampa?
Speaker 1: Freshy.
Speaker 3: I don't remember Freshy.
Speaker 1: I used to literally be like.
Speaker 3: Part of your entourage when you would come to Orlando or Tampa.
Speaker 4: Do you remember fresh I remember fresh but I don't think I remember me from Orlando.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: This is a long time ago.
Speaker 1: By yah, yeah, we'll bitty yeah.
Speaker 3: But before that, when I was like, I'm like eighteen nineteen, I'm just because you were cool Freshy Tampa and Orlando. Anytime you came to Tample Orlando, I would just walk with y'all, just like get my Orlando. Uh what was Julia Beverly. What was that ship O Zone magazine? So I get my ol Zone magazine. Picky, you don't even know that, Bro, I was around.
Speaker 2: You crazy, that's crazy, So you never know.
Speaker 1: I probably got a lot of those. So it was like you know what I'm saying, Yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: Good time, good time.
Speaker 3: I ain't allowed in another admission too. I used to literally dress just like you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bro.
Speaker 1: No, I needed that whole vibe. Bro, nigga no bro? Okay?
Speaker 2: So who started? Who started?
Speaker 5: Uh? The skinny teas and T shirts? I felt like that was a crazy way.
Speaker 4: I didn't start the skinny teas, but I saw them all fitted looked and it was very fitted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the little naive bike chaser back. I just recently bought one.
Speaker 6: I mean, they never really left nowhere, but it's like a real it's just.
Speaker 2: Very prevalent right now. Yeah, it's dope.
Speaker 4: It's dope just to see how people is adapting to my staff still twenty years later. I mean, it's kind of incredible really because half these kids don't even know what they're doing. They even though it started to have no idea that this is a package that they got on. So it's pretty dope.
Speaker 3: Jim Jones, are you living though you're surviving right now?
Speaker 2: I'm living. I've been living.
Speaker 4: I was surviving when I was in the hood. I mean I've been living ever since.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, what brings you to Atlanta? My brother? You know what I'm saying? You hit the time. I have five different people hit me that Jim Jones.
Speaker 2: Was in time.
Speaker 4: Just the albums out right now as the church steps so naturally, Atlanta is one of the biggest places musical, hip hop music, for culture and things like that. So you want to make sure you come down here and get acclimated. For me, I'm getting reacclimated, especially with everything going on. Is come touch, touch the town and do a bunch of promo. Got some parties, go to the restaurants, get some good food, kissed babies, all that.
Speaker 1: You know what about sleep?
Speaker 2: Sleep? Sleep?
Speaker 3: Getting that after this, bro, get at y'all gonna let him go to sleep?
Speaker 1: Man, cancel?
Speaker 2: What's what's theinerary?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 4: Damn, I know it's vamp life, but sometimes vampire has got to go to sleep. But sleep they sleep a lot, you know, vampire slept sleep during the day.
Speaker 2: I'm a day walker.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 3: But for a person with you, you're to me again, and I feel like be to your gree living legend.
Speaker 1: Of course. What keeps you going? Man? I feel like you know.
Speaker 3: You've done everything at the highest level.
Speaker 1: What excites you now in the game?
Speaker 2: What excites me in the game? What makes you say?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna drop some music, I'm gonna go on promo tour? You know you don't Jim Jone's gonna have to doesn't have to go on promo tour if you don't want to.
Speaker 4: Sh I gotta go on everything long as I'm minute. I'm gonna do everything that has to be done. Just being in the game, you gotta be with it. You mean I'm still here. I still love doing music. I don't think I got nothing to prove to anybody but myself at this point. About how many years I got in and at this point, I'm still getting better when it comes to my craft. So I don't think I'll be going nowhere no time soon. But it's been fun. I mean, being able to reinvent myself throughout all the years and able to come back, it's I mean, it's something to take a lot of prayer. I'll tell you that a lot of prayer and hard work and sleepless nights as you can see and things like that. I mean, it's not it's not easy also, especially for somebody like myself.
Speaker 2: Who's been in it so long.
Speaker 4: So when you're trying to make music, you want to try to make sure you touch all all genres and things like that. So trying to be like a hybrid between the youngsters and my core fan base and things like that, and you know, it's that's not the easiest thing also, So I'm blessed to be able to be in that position right now.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: What annoys you now with the new day and age of like how the industry is now and how it was back in the day.
Speaker 6: Nothing, nothing, It's business.
Speaker 2: The businesses is business. Everything evolves.
Speaker 4: And if you're not wanting to pick up with the keep up with the times, and you're gonna get lost in the sauce.
Speaker 2: This is why I'm here doing this.
Speaker 4: This is while I've been doing all the promo stuff, I'm following what these youngsters have coughed out for artists to be successful. So who am I to try to do something different when we had our time. There was a way that we did things for marketing and promo that everybody would do.
Speaker 2: And things like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So it's like me just making sure that I don't get lost in the sauce. And now they got me doing streams, platforms.
Speaker 2: Everything you've been.
Speaker 5: Going, You've been going real viral with a lot of the interviews you did. I think I saw you do this one interview where you were just telling the guy you was like, you ain't you ain't pay for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bag wasn't The bag wasn't quite.
Speaker 5: It's like, I'll give you the money back you you're not getting this out of me.
Speaker 2: That bag wasn't enough for the way he was trying to get you. Take your money.
Speaker 3: Back, Okay, not to I don't have I'm not trying to do nothing for Clott. When I asked you this question, was the conversation not organic enough for you to answer that question?
Speaker 1: But did it seem kind of stage?
Speaker 2: It just seems like he was trying to get a whole discography out of me.
Speaker 4: I mean, he was trying to get my whole backstory, the whole bio.
Speaker 2: And all this, Like I actually not doing that.
Speaker 6: Talking my high school all the suffer ship.
Speaker 2: Like you know, you had the bag gota be a little bit bigger.
Speaker 4: But it was cool though he still got his interview. I guess he figured he figured it out.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to figure it out.
Speaker 1: You told him.
Speaker 2: Now. That was that was really interesting.
Speaker 5: It's always interesting to see, you know, just a new way of like how to put content out and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And content is everything right now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I mean you got so much content going on right now, do you? Is it like hard to just avoid and like cut off the internet sometimes when you just keep seeing like the same thing, because the replay value of your interviews is.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of things training live for like like the first forty days of this month, I was going to Explore page the top of Explore page every day, nigga turn their phone on, Like all right, I'm going back to sleep for real.
Speaker 2: This shit is getting out of here. But it was great.
Speaker 4: I mean, the momentum that it gave me for the album and with the music, it all played a party like so I'm not mad at anything and ship like that, and I haven't seen too many people go that viral for that long, so it was cool, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's why I was one of ouse.
Speaker 5: I'm like, every time I open my phone.
Speaker 3: Jim Jones, Jim Jones did happening, and I was like, damn. And I just also want to include, like, you know, when personal life happens and you know, no cloud disagreements happen and it plays out in the public eye, I feel like that seems very clout ish too, when when you are doing your promo run yeah, and someone has to feel that to ask you the question.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's part of the playing field.
Speaker 4: I mean, we all entertain this everything that people have seen this out in the public, So who mindter stop a person from asking questions that they want to ask and things like that. I mean, I'm a grown man if I don't want to answer it, as you can see, you know, I ain't gonna answer it and things like that, but it's a topic of discussion and things like that, So you know, I try to be classy and my answers and things like that because it's a very personal subject, you know what I mean. Galing with the media could be ficklesometime, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't never really like that before it was more so you know, you had your television interviews, you had radio. Now we have a visual interview where it's like the content for something stupid can literally go all the way left and that ain't want that really wanted the point and then content gets manipy is crazy.
Speaker 2: So it's all while out there.
Speaker 4: I mean, so hopefully you use everything and it works in your favor and things like that. I mean, I've seen it go backwards for a lot of people when when they get in the media in the midst of different controversies and ship like that, you know what I mean. So I'm not a media person. I'm not a media haole. I ain't going back and forth with nobody.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't do We wouldn't see Jim Jones podcast or nothing.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't never see a Jim Jones podcast. You might see maybe a Jim Jones talk show which would be held in a whole different light and things like that. You might see a Jim Jones stream way before you see a Jim Jones podcast, you know what I mean. Like, because I know I can control the stream, I don't even need to have guests for a stream.
Speaker 2: And things like that.
Speaker 4: I just need to have a concept and make sure these kids tap in and things like.
Speaker 2: That, you know what I mean, Like I do.
Speaker 4: I could do a stream about fashion, I could do a stream about fitness, fitness. It's so many things that I could do. But I would say that streaming way before parking accident and if I have a chance to finish up this uh talk show concept that I've been working on for the past three years, then I definitely jump into that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Is any is any dudes or don'ts that you have for fans because I seen the video where he was like way outside the store and a fan came up to you and was you know, it.
Speaker 1: Looked like he was trying to like act like y'all was like I always.
Speaker 4: Say, you know that that nigga that that that came up. He's no, He's notorious on twenty Fishtory for for bothering people.
Speaker 2: He was spassing on women and ship like that.
Speaker 4: Like I know who he was, like my whole that's why attitude shifts that I'm aware of my surroundings and things like that. But him on purpose. I did that to him on purposes. I didn't like his attitude and the way he treats that people will haul him and ship like that. You did, so I want to make sure see he was if it was going to reflect on me, and it obviously didn't.
Speaker 5: But you know, yeah, but see this why I'm glad you do interviews because clarifying, because speaking to clarify punk.
Speaker 3: You were on my explore page two days ago for what we had to talk. We actually talked about about this on the radio two days ago. I had you mat wait what happened. But then they got on me in the comments. They said when you compared uh this.
Speaker 4: Yeah you said, you said bloods and uh, most people are stupid. They lack common sense, you know what I mean. So you can't even get to in dept with people and things like that. But if you look it up, it's all a brotherhood.
Speaker 2: It's no different.
Speaker 1: And that's what I said on the radio.
Speaker 3: And then they started killing me in the comments.
Speaker 4: When the first fraternities came out, you don't think they was running around like they was a gang.
Speaker 2: You think it was all legal thing.
Speaker 4: Then when they first started hazing and beating people up, so that's not gang activity. Hazing is not gang activity. To get in a gang, you gotta get the ship beat out.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: To get in the fraternity, you gotta get the ship beat out you. Hazing is not gang activity. There's a lot of similarities there that they call other things. You heard I was saying, you want to be a game, you get jumped in, Okay, cool. You want to be the fraternity, you get hasten that you did. So, I don't feel like going down the similarities of.
Speaker 3: What comparing just some similarities.
Speaker 1: You weren't comparing everything.
Speaker 2: Of course, not everything, something a little bit.
Speaker 4: But the ideology of the idea of what a gang is and what the fraternity is pretty much the same thing as a brotherhood, each one teaching one of group of brothers that come together to lift each other up no matter what circumstances it is, and things like that, like you did. Like so when we can look it up, someone, let's look up what fraternity actually means. Let's google it and see what google Let's see let's see what the hell they talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm just bring it up.
Speaker 4: I got some good college.
Speaker 1: Fraternity.
Speaker 3: An organization is an organization, society, club, fraternal order, traditionally of men, but also women, associated together for various religious or secular aims.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what is a gang?
Speaker 1: Here you go, I told you gonna wake up.
Speaker 3: Gang an organized group of criminals, a form to form a group of a gang, A small small supermarket chain.
Speaker 4: No, that's not it. There's so many difference. There's no, there's no because it's a fraternity. To my brother, everything you just said that with a fraternity is the same thing it is for for a gang or.
Speaker 3: A group of criminals or people, especially young men and women. Damn, that's almost the same as the other one.
Speaker 2: Differences. They named it gang.
Speaker 3: With defied leadership and an internal organization.
Speaker 4: Okay, now what we did said about didn't they have internal organization and all that shit in fraternity?
Speaker 2: So now we're gonna finish talk about this, or we're gonna go for breakfast.
Speaker 4: Because, like I said, people like a common lack a lot of common sense, and I have a lot of common sense.
Speaker 2: You heard.
Speaker 6: I might not be the smartest, but I'm very keen.
Speaker 5: You heard.
Speaker 4: I know what's going on around me. And that's the problem. People don't like to see people too small. That's why I sometimes that this act dumb. So when you say shit too small, people were definitely dumb.
Speaker 2: Pardon me.
Speaker 4: All right, so back to the music and then that's gonna go viral to a whole nother explorer.
Speaker 2: Now they're going to have debate.
Speaker 4: They want to have big debates about this on big like I don't want to have a debate.
Speaker 1: We just read to do just definition.
Speaker 2: What are we debating about?
Speaker 5: But I just want to clarify because when it's when the headlines came out, it was just like.
Speaker 4: It's making it look crazy right now. The other one is old. Jim Jones says, uh damn. South living is easier. They didn't have no projects, And that's not what I said. What I said is that down South knows more about land property in real estate because nine times out of ten there was a house that you went to or you lived in. In the South New York, we didn't have no house for no time, none never. Y'all always had houses, and then y'all had some projects added to it. But you'll have way more houses and ownership down here than anything else in New York.
Speaker 2: We don't have this buildings.
Speaker 4: It's just buildings. Nobody ever had a house in New York. Nobody, grandmother, grandma, my auntie, noning, nobody, ever had a house unless you go to the rich neighborhoods Uptown, Riverdale or some shit like that.
Speaker 6: You dig like, So that's what I meant by it. Now you got me up for real, star.
Speaker 1: I told you, I told you, I told you he was gonna have a good coboy.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I want to get back to the music project.
Speaker 3: Out favorite record.
Speaker 6: My favorite people ask my favorite record on that project.
Speaker 3: Cause that's that's that's gonna, that's gonna, that's gonna term that's going to determine my next record.
Speaker 4: That most describes, that that gives me the best feeling, describes my whole album.
Speaker 2: Would be Genesis. Okay, that is the temple of my album, Genesis.
Speaker 3: Now the Deluxe has thirty one songs.
Speaker 4: No, the Deluxe has thirty it's all equals together together. It's thirty one songs, some of them interludes and things like that. So roughly about twenty eight records all together.
Speaker 1: God damn.
Speaker 3: I was listening to flu Game. That was fire Games.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Are we doing a tour?
Speaker 4: I believe they have a tour lined up or getting lined up right now, so that'd be pretty good.
Speaker 2: I ain't been on the rule like that in a long time.
Speaker 6: Even see how that go tours a lot.
Speaker 4: It's taxing. I mean, you whole different mind frame when you go on tour. But the money is very good. So I mean you like you like the TV money better. I like all money better. I mean, as long as they don't put me in jail, for sure, you know what I mean. TV money is great, though, I mean this TV is a whole different aspect of his whole self because of uh, the vision, the VISI the visibleness of you being on television is different from you being an artist on the radio and things like that. It's kind of like football players and basketball players. I hardly know who the football players is. You know who all the basketball players is. Most artists are heard on the radio, you know what I mean. On television, everybody knows who you are. So I've been in the game of was it ten years by the time I did the.
Speaker 6: First reality show?
Speaker 4: And then Christy did one year of reality and she was just as famous as me in one year. Then I was in my teens because of the visit they did you.
Speaker 3: Bro, pardon me, thank you.
Speaker 1: Is it any new artists that you like that you're listening.
Speaker 4: To besides my artist shots, the King shouts to pay So there's always a bunch of artists that are like listening to now. Just like I missed a fan of good music that Troy got some real great music.
Speaker 2: Right now out we'll be out there next month. That's the piece, baby faced.
Speaker 4: As you know, Landa always has some great music. Mid West is real big right now in the South and Miami. You know, I mean, I'm miss a fan of music. I wouldn't say I have any like up and coming favors right now because there's a lot of them are busting and shit like that.
Speaker 2: It's a fan of music, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So on the mental health checking savement of the show, what does Jim Jones do when he is having a moment a bad day?
Speaker 1: Do you meditate? Do you want therapy?
Speaker 3: Do you talk to somebody that you shut down?
Speaker 2: And that's a good that's a good question.
Speaker 4: It's like, I'm learning to control my emotions a lot more that I've gotten older than I was when I was younger. And you won't know to your gross what I continue to tell my mental health is a very important thing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And there's a lot of times where I feel like I want to crash, but I got to slop myself from doing that because those are one of the things.
Speaker 6: That had did.
Speaker 4: Me a big disservice in my career for just overreacting so fast and things like that, and that's not good when it comes to mental health. And I do believe that a lot of us need somebody to talk to, whether it's therapist or somebody as you can find than somebody could just be a listening to. He sometimes very important when you.
Speaker 3: Do you have that or do you yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't really got that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I'm never once have seen that therapist or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Got a few brothers and ship like that that I that I trust what we talk about and ship like that.
Speaker 2: For the most part.
Speaker 4: It's hard though, in a position like minds and things like that, it's hard to trust anybody and to be vulnerable to tell them exactly what's on your mind or what you're going through and ship like that. A lot of people use that against you, I mean, especially in my position.
Speaker 2: So it's funny, man.
Speaker 3: So you know, briefly, because that was a big doll to me, I don't know a true friend to you, Chubby baby man. Yes RP, long lived Chubby baby. I know I saw you at the funeral. I know what did that loss do to you? Because I mean I saw that you had to get up and get some air real quick.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. That was a big loss me.
Speaker 4: Everybody know me and trouble relationship. That's one of the few brothers I have, one of the few brothers that really was in my corner when nobody else was. I was down on my luck. He's one of the few brothers to come and help pick me up and things like that. And definitely always go and miss him to death. We've been through so much, both good and bad. Back against the Wall, one of the persons has one of the biggest hats that I've seen, especially for him being so much of a gangster.
Speaker 2: And I mean in the dopest way.
Speaker 4: I mean, I shouldn't take that gangster out of proportion because his heart was way.
Speaker 2: Bigger than anything else. This is a wash seat.
Speaker 4: What he did for his family, how he took care of his family, how he loved his wife, how he loved his kids, how much if he was a protector for them, all the way until he took his last breath. All the way till he took his last breath, he was a protector and a provider for them and just missing them every day. I always think about different things that we got the experience together and shit like that.
Speaker 2: Was here when he first moved to.
Speaker 4: Atlanta, was here when he went to Miami and moved left Miami to come to Atlanta. I see him doing a lot of different things as far as this living life. And when he got to Atlanta.
Speaker 6: I watched him be able to start life over.
Speaker 4: Again and settle down, get a home, build a family, and really be a family man aside from being a gangster. So he's definitely a gangster and gentleman. I know so many people in Atlanta are gonna miss someone. Washington helped the music scene in the land.
Speaker 1: My first industry check.
Speaker 4: Yes, and there's a lot of people that say that too, no matter what the circumstances was. I know he has put on and helped a lot of people sit they start out here, or help them with their career or help them with their success. I mean, so long lived, chubby baby. You know your name will ever be screamed out a lot as long as I'm here and got breath with my lungs.
Speaker 2: Love you to death, my brother man.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you pulling up, man, It's always an honor. I'm glad we finally got a Jim Jones interview.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, ball Alert.
Speaker 3: Anytime you want to come on ball Alert texting a phone call.
Speaker 5: Away fact pull up and I'm you know, I'm gonna tell your team make sure that you get a good nap in because vampires. You know that that bad life. Listen, y'all bring up some shades too next time. Please, somebody stole mine. I bought, I bought some, I supported, I bought some. Somebody about to have poone ship that's done.
Speaker 1: And you said down on camera. You said that on camera, that's easy.
Speaker 2: It should be in two days.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, now that's easy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make sure we clip that up.
Speaker 4: I gotta pop, I gotta pop up tomorrow to tomorrow deluxe. Okay, some diplomat has some Atlanta diplomat hat a little promo and ship like that.
Speaker 2: Come on. I got some hats for your pull up and then got some.
Speaker 3: Parties and like that baseball game and pulling up right after them.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, bringing with you. You got a baseball game, given, I got a baseball half for him.
Speaker 2: You need to ste well. We appreciate you, my brother.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your ball alert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely a ball in the buildings sounding alert. You hurt, never not?
Speaker 1: Algernon, Algernon, Algern algern