Speaker 1: Sauce on the side. Wow, another week without Diamond.
Speaker 2: Where is she? I don't know, You'll never know.
Speaker 1: She's a big time in me man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so true.
Speaker 1: Wow, I thought I had producers. Oh wait here you are Hi. Hi, It's Andrew. I'm Gandhi and this is Sauce on the Side. Today we actually have a guest who I think a lot of people will be very excited about because he's a babe. I'm gonna be able to keep it together for this one.
Speaker 2: I love bet for you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I get very sweaty around people I'm actually attracted to, and I can't function or say normal things.
Speaker 3: I almost feel like that you believe videos where it's like the red flag meter, except I just need your hydration meter a sweat drop Poe.
Speaker 1: I can wholeheartedly admire that he is a babe, but he's not the type that's gonna make me sweat.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Okay here, all right. He's here to talk about all kinds of things, his skincare line. He's been doing a lot of stuff, But in my head and maybe in a lot of other people's head, he is forever John Tucker. John Tucker must die I have a friend who got John Tuckard in high school because he was doing the same crap dating a bunch of people. I think it might be like traumatic for him, which makes me laugh because I'm like, you traumatize all these people first, and then they just got you back, and you're upset about it. They basically tried to like abandon him, Nickdow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's just hysterical though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things happen, and good for them. That's what. Yes, Rise up, ladies, Yes, get.
Speaker 2: Your revenge, Get your revenge.
Speaker 1: Also, funniest thing about John Tucker Must Die is I'm pretty sure every person in that movie was like thirty years old when they were filming it. It was like a shanty.
Speaker 3: Yes, it wasn't like Mean Girls, where like you could see the age, Like and Lindsay Olhanan was what like seventeen playing like a sophomore.
Speaker 1: Regina George was like twenty eight playing a senior.
Speaker 3: But she looked like a senior. Yeah, Rachel McAdams looked like she could still be in high school.
Speaker 1: I don't even know anymore.
Speaker 3: I mean the fact that she was only like six or seven years younger than Amy Poehler who played her moms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cracks me up.
Speaker 1: So offensive for Amy Pohlar, do you guess?
Speaker 3: But John Tucker must. I literally was like, hey, thirty year olds, you're in high school now. They did the Ben Platt from Dear Evan Hanson.
Speaker 1: That movie, that movie Pisces Andrew off so bad.
Speaker 2: Play the movie, all of it.
Speaker 1: And it's triggered. Do not bring up Evan Hanson, Dear Evan Hansen. Don't do it, he said. He laughed his way through it. By the way, it is about suicide, so we'll start there. Andrew just had a ball.
Speaker 2: With that one.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something. There's a lot more to it that they don't mention.
Speaker 1: Would you like to mention it? This is a free space.
Speaker 2: This the intro.
Speaker 3: Last time we were going to do an intro to go into an interview, it took thirty minutes, so we could do it in the outro if we want to.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. So I still don't think I'm able to talk about it fully yet. But I was told when I started this podcast that this is like my domain. You can do what you want to do, you can say what you want to say, have a good time. And then we interviewed someone, and then I found out real quick that apparently it is not my domain and it is not my podcast. And when I tell you, I have a list of grief and says that went on their hardcore. So one of these days I'm gonna talk about it, maybe like two episodes from now, because I think everybody has probably stopped listening.
Speaker 2: Who was a nice tease?
Speaker 1: Really caring? Ye keep listening and I'll tell you why I'm pissed off. But yeah, so I don't think anyone's gonna give you shit if you light up, Dear Vanhanson right now.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid that if I go into it, then you're gonna be like ha ha, and then we're going to talk about something else because we just get distracted so easily from each other.
Speaker 1: You do ramble, That's true. We get paid to ramble.
Speaker 2: Thank you, We do.
Speaker 3: We you do?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you were to say what what, let's start with you. What is your job description?
Speaker 3: Technically it's the operations manager for the morning show, which basically just like keep everybody happy somehow, which exactly see you left me very happy.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying tasking someone with keeping this show. Happy is insane when you have all these different personalities.
Speaker 2: It's, in so many words, being an adult babysitter.
Speaker 1: First of all, I resent that.
Speaker 2: Well where that's it exactly?
Speaker 4: Can you?
Speaker 3: And my other job is the executive producer for the podcast network, So just get new shows. Yeah, Honestly, it's why I think i'd be great on Survivor. A lot of management, a lot of managing people and their egos, and also like time and budgets and all this other stuff. It's like a lot of things wrapped into one.
Speaker 1: Okay, where are you at with Survivor?
Speaker 2: So I'm making a new video.
Speaker 1: How many have you made?
Speaker 3: I have been actively applying since I got rejected for that original one, originally for going.
Speaker 2: Out to cast.
Speaker 3: Yeahs ago no ten seasons ago, thirty seven, thirty eight was the one that I was invited to finals casting for.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now I'm gonna taste.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm using a friend on the inside to hopefully fast track this next.
Speaker 2: I won't say that fingers crossed, don't say that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh God, again, it's the casting person listening, because then I guess what they come to you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be like I owe you nothing.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Listen, if a casting person came to me about this first of all, it'd be too late because they already heard it true. But I would, for your sake edit something and then tell them after I owe you nothing, okay, yes, or just right back all.
Speaker 2: And then if they don't respond after you do it, judge.
Speaker 1: Je me sauty tapping. Yes, we need to figure that out. Okay, so we have John Tucker must Die. Maybe later Andrew will give you his full review of Dear.
Speaker 2: Yes, why he's so triggered by it.
Speaker 1: Also, he's been really triggered by Benson Boone's mystical magical song.
Speaker 2: I just can't It's so shreaky.
Speaker 1: The man rageous about it. Oh God, it makes you want to want Andrew die. Hate Ben some Boone, and I don't understand it. He thinks he's overrated. I think Andrew's crazy because I love Benson Boone and you will never take him from me.
Speaker 2: I trust me. I'm not trying to grab him from you.
Speaker 1: We'll see about that, but somebody, maybe some people will be trying to grab today. Jesse Metcalf, All right, I'm here with Jesse Metcalf.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited about this for multiple reasons. One, you have a lot of stuff to talk about with your Is it neutral? Am I saying neutral neutral skincare sounds good? But you also have a ton of projects and John Tucker Must Die. Does that ever get old.
Speaker 2: To talk about?
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't, No, it doesn't. It's something I'm really proud of. It's kind of reached this sort of cult classic status, you know, which I think is pretty cool, sort of stood the test of time, even though it was critically panned it when it came out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like the critics are bombs because some of the best movies they have panned. American History acts they panned, and that's one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Oh that's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and you look back at the old Rotten Tomatoes ratings and they were a lot harsher, you know. Nowadays it's like one hundred percent Rotten Tomatoes, Right, perfect movie, Ye go see it?
Speaker 1: What else? What else?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: In your opinion, a movie that's been panned that you thought was a good one?
Speaker 4: I mean so many, honestly, so many. I mean I don't I don't really have one on the tip of my tongue. But I don't really listen to the critics all that much. But I'm not a big Marvel guy. I'm not a big mainstream sort of summer blockbuster, okay, guy. I definitely like movies that are a little more left to center, a little more indie, Like what are.
Speaker 1: If you were recommending a movie to someone to watch this the.
Speaker 4: Movie that broke Mark Ruffalo's career, Ken Flanagan movie called You Can count On Me as pretty spectacular, really, you know, storytelling and the performances are unreal.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But I mean there's so many independent movies.
Speaker 4: I mean, like look Anura you know, look at all the oscars Anura one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's like there's a little bit of an independent film renaissance going on right now, which I think is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And I love talking to actors about things that are outside of the realm of specifically what they do, because you get such a good insight into them as a person. I would never have thought John Tucker from a very long time ago obviously would be talking about how amazing independent films are.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't think it's that much of a stretch, for sure, you know, you kind.
Speaker 1: Of pigeonhole people into the that they're doing well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hollywood does Hollywood does that pretty well, and the media at large, So I guess you're part of the media.
Speaker 1: I'm guilty. Yes, this is terrible. Let's talk about your skincare line.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: Where did this originate and how long ago?
Speaker 4: Well, I've been asked my entire career about my skincare routine on the red carpet. That's nice, you know, twenty six years in front of the camera. I feel like I've tried nearly every product under the sun, and I wanted to create a skincare line that was simple but incredibly effective, that's sort of cut through the noise of a cluttered skincare market. You know, we call it neutral, you know, it spelled phonetically and U trl skin for a reason because it's a gender neutral skincare line and it's very, very clean, probably the cleanest line on the market. We have no fragrances, no parabins, no silicones, cruelty free, vegan, completely organic, and.
Speaker 2: It's great for all skin types.
Speaker 4: You know, if you have sensitive skin, this is a product line that's not going to irritate your skin, but is also going to give you the anti aging benefits that you're looking for.
Speaker 1: You do look like you have not aged at all.
Speaker 2: Benjamin Button, not bad.
Speaker 1: How long ago did you start this project?
Speaker 2: I started formulating these products two years ago.
Speaker 1: And you when you said you started formulating, you said, I am going to go into the.
Speaker 4: Last I said I was gonna I said, I was going to take some industry standards like glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid, alosorbic acid, do a product line around these these acids, and also add some top of the line peptide complexes. And that's what I've done. I also wanted to make sure that the product was uber clean.
Speaker 1: So when you talk about uber clean and vegan cruelty free, So where do you guys test? How does this happen?
Speaker 4: I mean it's a pretty arduous process, you know. I mean you got to you got to go through quite a rigorous testing process and a lab, and you know, you need to get.
Speaker 2: Scientists to basically formulate your product for you.
Speaker 1: And how did you find your scientists?
Speaker 4: I found them through you know, I have a silent business partner who's an absolutely great guy, really really supports me. I mean, I'm more forward facing with the brand, but he had some really great relationships and he introduced me to some people out of Las Vegas who have a great track record and do a lot of other really incredible products, and it was it was a perfect fit. Where can people find it on the website neutral skin dot.
Speaker 1: Com, that's nut rlskin dot com.
Speaker 2: Yes, and get the product for fifty percent.
Speaker 1: On oh Wow, one day only.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think the products available for the week good.
Speaker 1: To know, So go check that out. Andrew over here has been stalking it and he wants to try it, so we will make sure that he does that.
Speaker 2: We will make sure to get Andrew some product a SAP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andrew, so you've got this going, but you also have so much other stuff happening right now. I creature Instagram. Did I see you in an episode of Law and Order?
Speaker 4: I was, yeah, you were. Yeah, I was just recently shooting pretty much right around the corner from here or.
Speaker 1: People cursing that you guys for something down the streets nor No.
Speaker 4: You know that that show is really well received in the city. People get excited actually when they see that you're shooting.
Speaker 2: Law and Order. I had an absolute blast.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would love to be, you know, a series regular on some show in the Dick Wolf universe.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I mean I.
Speaker 4: Sort of filled in for macad Brooks, and you know, I was I was chasing down an insurance company CEO shooter. You know. It was a pretty actually controversial episode and it was also left open ended. You didn't get the verdict from the jury, you know, so it was very culturally relevant episode and you know I had it was a lot of action. You know, we was awfully cold in the city. You know, it was how long ago did you shoot that?
Speaker 3: Geez?
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 4: I think it was.
Speaker 2: I think it was in December. Oh wow, yeah, so it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a while back.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, I mean, I mean, you know, I'm a big fan of of of all those shows.
Speaker 2: You know, they lasted every Yeah, seriously.
Speaker 1: Is there one specific that you like better than the others?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I like the og Law and Order, you know, which is the show that I was on, but Law and Order SVU obviously with Marishka Hargatea and Kelly Giddish who I worked with on another law enforcement procedural, a show that we did called Chase back in the day that only lasted a season, but there's not many episodic television shows that go you know, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four episodes anymore. So it's really, uh, it's a great gig for an actor if you if you can land one of those.
Speaker 1: I would love to see you as a series right now.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mark, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you have when you because obviously that is a goal or dream. Is there a role that you say, this is what I've been pursuing, this is something that I really want to do, you know.
Speaker 4: I I would just obviously like the opportunity to you know, flex my acting chops a little bit more and get some more complicated characters and some some some deeper roles.
Speaker 2: And some dramas.
Speaker 4: You know, I was a big fan of the True Detective series. You know, I'd love to do something a little darker, a little grittier like that. But you know, I often get asked, you know, is there is there one role that you you know, have sort of dreamed of always playing. And it's a very difficult question to answer, you know, It's it's really just about the quality of material. You know, I think you're sort of defined by the choices you made earlier early in your career, and you've got to convince people that that you can do more, you know, and it's you're constantly reinventing yourself in this business. So that's sort of what I'm in the process of doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when you talk about that and you say you're sort of pigeonholed because I did it to you a second ago, would you go back and change anything from the beginning of your career because of that?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's there's plenty of things that I would do differently in my life and in my career. I don't think you could find anyone who would say, oh, no, I did everything perfectly. I did everything just as I planned.
Speaker 1: Do you say that? Because I actually work with someone who says he has zero regrets, I'm like, how, what are you insane?
Speaker 2: No, he's just lying, right. I can understand you.
Speaker 1: Saying I've learned from everything and it brought me to the place where I am right now. But no regret. How continue?
Speaker 4: So I think, yeah, I agree with you. I think that you can respect your journey, you know, and and acknowledge that maybe certain missteps that you might have made helped, you know, create you and and helped you grow. I know I certainly have grown immensely from early in my career, but I think once you break as an actor. So look, I did like five years on daytime television. I did a soap opera called Passions, this ridiculous, supernatural soap opera that sounds great, was also a close a cult classic in its own right, you know, in daytime. But after that I sort of took the leap to prime time and I and I made it. You know, I broke with Desperate Housewives, which is an iconic show. But after you know, sort of breaking as it were. You know, you need to make very strategic choices, and it may take one year, two years, three years to get that next role or that next opportunity that's going to take you to the next level, you know.
Speaker 2: And you have to be very strategic.
Speaker 4: You can't just jump at the first thing that's presented to you, you know. And I was, you know, I'm a small town Connecticut boy. I came from pretty humble beginnings, you know, very lower middle class, and then we worked our way into the middle class, you know, sort of blue collar family. So you know, when someone told me I was going to make you know X if I did this or did that. I mean, I jumped at these opportunities, you know.
Speaker 2: But I think you have to.
Speaker 4: It's just as powerful, you know, to say no as it is to say yes. You know, So you have to be strategic, you know. And then you know, based on the choices that you make, people form an opinion about you, about what you're capable of, you know.
Speaker 2: And and you know, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I didn't come on your your show to you know, tell tell you my sob story, you know. I mean it's like it's like, yeah, I've I've had a very successful career and I've lived a very great life, you know, in Hollywood. But I mean there's there's always things that in retrospect, you might have done a little bit.
Speaker 1: Differently, for sure. I mean I think that would, like you said, be the case with anybody. I love my job now. I'm so lucky to be where I am at the moment. I made so many missteps on my way getting here that if I could go back and change it, yeah, I totally would. Specifically, like I wouldn't. I wouldn't have let certain people treat me a certain way because I to your point, have realized the power of no is so much more. It's a lot stronger than always saying yes, I'm trying to please people, because as soon as you stop, all of a sudden, oh my god, no, somebody gives a shit and they respect you a little bit more. So that's kind of, I think, a universal thing that people would have hopefully learn from their past.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you wouldn't You don't want to name specifically, like what you would or wouldn't have done differently.
Speaker 2: Well, it's maybe the opposite of you. I never let anybody mistreat me.
Speaker 4: Well that's nice, but I was so triggered by maybe the smallest thing in my career, you know, when I was younger, you know, I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder that I would just like avisce array somebody really, you know, if I thought they were disrespecting me, you know, And I think again, you have to be strategic, you have to be diplomatic, you know, being an actor, being in the industry is almost like being a politician.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, it is. How much feedback do you look at about yourself now that social media is around? Do you at all?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm on social media do you read the comment section?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Sometimes good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hurts my feelings. I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talk about this all the time. So again, love the show. It's amazing. Within the show. I'm the newest to the group, but I'm the co host and I'm just different than them in every way. So a lot of our longtime listeners have really big feelings about a lot of things, and they started a whole rightit room about me and how I suck. And I looked at it once and I was like, never again, I will never do this again.
Speaker 4: That can That can be tough. That can be tough, but at least you haven't an impact.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's like, you know what boring?
Speaker 1: Not boring? I will Yeah, that's great. That's the way to look at it. Do you have somebody who manages your your social media or do it yourself?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I do it myself.
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, Okay. How has social media impacted the way that you move now?
Speaker 2: Tremendously? Has it tremendously?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, when these platforms came about, most actors during the period I came up in the industry resisted being on them, you know, because.
Speaker 2: Well we were.
Speaker 4: We were told that we had to maintain our mystique, you know, that that you couldn't share too much about your personal life. And I and I still believe that to a certain extent. I mean, there are a lot of huge actors who you know, very little about their personal lives, and I'm sure they're happy to keep it that way. But I felt like I needed to embrace it because I mean, one, there's a lot of money to be made on social media, but two it's a way to to kind of take control of your own narrative, you know, and and take control of your own image and sort of curate, you know, what you want to put out there about yourself.
Speaker 1: It is kind of nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you can also respond to things on social media, and many people do.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't tend to add fuel to a fire, you know, if like you know, someone has, you know, come out in the press or something and says something negative about me.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't generally like.
Speaker 4: Hop on my social media and like refute it or comment, you know, but but you have the opportunity to do that. I mean, our president does that, dear God, I mean, he lets it rip. He you know, he doesn't let anything slot.
Speaker 1: He doesn't, especially things that he's created, is that it's fascinating. So when you say that you're kind of moving differently. There to be a time you could just walk outside, maybe go to the grocery store, and people weren't recording you and filming your every move. Now, somebody sees Jesse Metcalf walk out of a building, they're probably like, oh shit, there it goes, and they record you. Does that change your day to day where you go and what you do?
Speaker 4: I feel like we've actually hit a bit of a tipping point where there's so much footage of celebrities and there's just so much media out there that people care less now. I feel like in the early to mid two thousands there was much more of an appetite for internet media about celebrities and paparazzi shots and stuff like that. But I don't feel like it's at such a fever pitch as it once was. I don't even think about it.
Speaker 1: You just love life.
Speaker 4: But there was a time, but there was a time in my career where it caused me anxiety. You know, there was a time in my career where I was paranoid about it. You know, there was a time when I when I felt like I always had to get a constantly look my best, and you know, constantly be looking over my shoulder. You know, is somebody recording me as someone taking a picture of me. But you know, if you're living right, you don't have a whole lot to worry about, unless maybe.
Speaker 2: You're picking your nose. Oh yeah, yeah, it was even pick my nose, but it looks like it.
Speaker 1: We were at a Mets game and we got very lucky. We got to sit in the very front row, right behind the catcher, and they zoom in on us, and I was sitting like this with my finger under my nose. But the angle looks like it's in my nose.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, they got You.
Speaker 1: Got me clearly, not the end of the world. Nobody cared. But I think that the fever pitch is a gift and a curse because there is that potential for something to blow up immediately, and all of a sudden, you have all this attention from something very tiny. Also, all this attention from something very tiny. But I don't really feel that canceling is a thing anymore. The way that the cycle moves is so quick that somebody can make the worst mistakes, say the most horrible thing one day, and a week later, nobody remembers because of how fast it's all moving, which is kind of nice and also kind of terrible.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's I think it's more nice, though, do you think it's more nice? Well, we can't be canceling people left, right and center, you know, we need to We need to give people. You know, we're all human beings, We make mistakes. We need to give people second chances. We need to give people the ability to redeem themselves, you know, absolutely. And yeah, I mean everything that that went on during the COVID era, you know, and people losing their livelihoods and their careers and their reputations.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people are probably.
Speaker 4: Still trying to salvage their lives, you know, from some of the things that happened at that time. So I definitely don't think that that's right. But I mean, you know, I'm a very forgiving, empathetic person, So you know, I think every everyone, everyone deserves a second chance and a third chance.
Speaker 1: I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. I wanted to tibe another fourth chance just three strikes are out, but we'll give you the three. I wanted to do a podcast called the Cancel Club where all of these people who have had this reus cancelation of whatever it is interesting come on and have a conversation.
Speaker 2: I love that idea. That's great.
Speaker 1: I love that idea to when my company's in trouble, we'll see anyway exactly. Yeah. I think it would be fun because I the thing that outrages me the most, and I can't even say outrage it just find it bizarre is that people will go back into the history of someone's Twitter from when they were sixteen years old and find a tweet that they feel as offensive now and string that person up fifteen years later about something they said when they were sixteen. I think if you go back into anyone's history, whether they tweeted it or just lived it, you're gonna find a lot of crap like that. And people are just holding other people to the standard that they're not even meeting, and people are suffering because of it. It's insane.
Speaker 4: Absolutely me neither.
Speaker 1: So Cancel Club. I have your approval. Yeah, we're gonna do it. Okay, great, what do you have coming up? In the future obviously, Neutral skincare.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I got a couple of movies coming out. I got a horror movie called Possession at Gladstone Manor coming out later this year year. Yeah, an action comedy called Boris Is Dead, which I think should be pretty fun. Yeah. And I'm just I'm just, you know, on the press tour here for Neutral Skin sort of making everybody aware of my product line that I'm incredibly proud of.
Speaker 1: That's awesome and if you're using it as working.
Speaker 2: Very well to say, I like to say the proofs in the pudding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are the pudding. When it comes to these press tours, I'm always very interested because I know you guys go back to back to back. What to you makes an actual good interview that you feel good about when you leave.
Speaker 4: I try to stay in the moment when I do these interviews and not really let my mind wander, and really connect with the person who's interviewing me, and try to be fun and try to be somewhat charming if I can.
Speaker 1: Before the interview started, I asked if there was something specific that you wanted to talk about, and you said surprise me, which almost never happens anymore because when people come in, they will send their manager or whomever with a sheet of what not to talk about, and usually the things not to talk about or something I was never going to bring up anyway, It just to me makes the interview start off on a weird note.
Speaker 2: I think that's what makes interviews go wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I'm walking on egg Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: And if and if you're you come into an interview in your tense and you have anxiety and you're worried about if something's going to be brought up, I mean, chances are that thing is going to be brought up, you know, so you might as well just embrace it. But it definitely starts the interview off on the wrong foot.
Speaker 1: Can you think of an interview in the past that you were like, that was some shit? I wish I would have done it differently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we find it some crazy interviews?
Speaker 4: Or I've done some phone interviews for some magazines, one in particular, I'm not going to name the magazine or the interviewer, but he asked me if I is it true that I fronted a band called the butt Plugs?
Speaker 1: Is it true?
Speaker 4: And and I paused, and then I go, I'm gonna need to call you back, and I hung up the phone. I called my publicist and I go, what is going on with this guy? And he goes, this is sort of his m o. He just kind of asks off the wall disarming questions to make people feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: And while you know, like mission accomplished, I definitely I was like, where is this guy coming from? What is he talking about? Ended up calling the journalists back and finishing the interview, and the and the interview ended up coming out fine.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a pretty big magazine, basically the biggest magazine you know you could really be in. So that's why it really threw me.
Speaker 1: You know, was that moment addressed in the interview? Did he say? And then I asked him about it, if he front of the butt plugs?
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. He didn't include He didn't include it. He didn't include it.
Speaker 4: And funny enough, his like personal assistant still emails me to this day inviting him, inviting me to like all his events. You know, he's like a New York based, uh journalist, and you know, I'm doing air quotes right now, you know.
Speaker 2: So whatever.
Speaker 4: You know, you have those moments, you know, especially in a twenty six year career.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, that's also kind of right. Yeah, where are you based?
Speaker 4: I'm based in Los Angeles, LA, but I also have a place here in the Lower East Side.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah cool. Because you said Connecticut is where your family is from. How is it going back home or people like, oh my god, he's here, or they let you live because you grew up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Honestly, after twenty six years, I don't even think about that anymore. I mean, it's like it's an interesting question that maybe your listeners might be intrigued to hear my answer to. But my brain doesn't even work like that anymore. I just I move like a regular person. Well one, I am a regular person, but I don't think about my own celebrity, you know, or my own relevance or I mean, I'm usually oblivious when somebody recognizes me or is looking at me. You know, if I'm hanging with a friend or I'm hanging with my girlfriend, I'm hanging with my and they're like, oh my god, that person was losing their mind over you, or these girls were giggling about you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I usually didn't even notice it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if this happens with people from your hometown, but you have had a career for a long time that people come out of the woodwork now to talk about things that have happened with you, Like I know on a was it a podcast recently? I don't remember the girl's name. Hold on, is it Shanna Sena? Sheena? She? Yeah, coming out of the woodwork twenty years after something.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's definitely been coming up today, okay, And.
Speaker 2: I just became aware of it. You don't even know what yesterday.
Speaker 4: I became aware of it yesterday, wow, okay, or maybe a couple of days ago when I did Tory Spelling's podcast. You know, Sheena is a great girl. I'm really happy for her and for her success. I'm I'm glad that she enjoyed the time that we spent together, like eighteen years ago. I'd like to think, you know, I have more relevant things to talk about, but you know, I'm no bad blood, you know whatsoever. And I'm happy she said something nice about me.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, okay, positive spin. I like that.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We love that here, all right. So one more time. If people want to find your product, yeah, neutral.
Speaker 4: Skin, neutral skin dot com, Neutral skin dot Yeah, we're direct to consumer and it's spout phonetically n U t r L skin dot com. Or if you want to get fifty percent off, check us out on deals and steals on Good Morning America.
Speaker 1: That is a big deal. It is a big congratulations on everything.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm really proud of it. Very Okay, well thanks for joining me.
Speaker 2: Thanks, I appreciate that. Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that went well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if.
Speaker 1: It actually did. We recorded this before we did the Jesse Metcalf interview. How about that?
Speaker 2: WHOA the magic podcasting?
Speaker 1: That's nice. I say all the time. I tell people all the time when we record something and when we're recording it, because it saves me a lot of editing to try and make something sound like it happened on the actual day. We recorded the intro and outro first, so I guess I should say, wow, I hope that went well. Jesse Metcalf was a real cool guy.
Speaker 2: I hope I get his skincare line for free.
Speaker 1: Ooh, what did you ask?
Speaker 2: I am wait? No, are you gonna ask to yeah. Absolutely, okay, good.
Speaker 1: First, is it for men specifically? Yes, By the time you're hearing us talk about this, he probably already.
Speaker 2: Addressed in the podcast, so true. Cool.
Speaker 1: So if he did in fact say it was for men, we're gonna get it for you. Andrew, thanks, You're welcome if you are entertained by what you hear. First of all, thanks for listening. But also you can follow Andrew hit the mic with my classes. You can follow Andrew at Andrew pug Yep, he's still trying to be an influencer. And you can follow me at Baby Hot Sauce on Instagram, on Twitter, on threads wherever like, follow, subscribe, leave us a review, leave us a talk back.
Speaker 2: We love those.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being so supportive. Also of this podcast because it's super fun for us to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and more stuff coming.
Speaker 1: More stuff coming.
Speaker 2: We are growing baby hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Expect to be sick of us in twenty twenty five, maybe twenty twenty six. Either or either or okay, say bye bye.