Speaker 1: So what is blockchain? Textbook dictionary? Blockchain is a distributed database that is shared amongst the nods of a computer network. As a database, a blockchain stores information electronically in digital format. Blockchains are best known for the crucial role in cryptocurrency systems such as bitcoin, from attaining a secure the centralized record of transactions. The innovation for blockchain is that it guarantees the fidelity and security of a record of data and generates trust without the need for a trusted third party. The key takeaway from that all that fancy talk is to simply say, it's a very transparent ledger that cannot be manipulated. Why is that important? Imagine a space where, to give an example, like in a stock market, sometimes people are doing other things.
Speaker 2: They're spending money there.
Speaker 1: You know, a CFO of a company might buy back shares and sometimes there might be a whole quarter before you know this, it might be a full year before certain things come to light. But with the blockchain, once you know the WILID address of that particular company, then you're going to be able to go on a blockchain real time as something happens, if something changes, and see what changes were made. Who purchased what, who sold what, who's.
Speaker 2: The main holder of everything?
Speaker 1: And when you think about that as an investor, I think that is one of my favorite things about the blockchain space and what makes me dive into aggressively is the fact that there's a level of transparency that not a lot of financial institutions will give you. To give you an example, when we talk about gold, we used to have a time frame in which the US dollar and different things were backed by silver and gold, and we don't really know ledger wise what is happening with how much gold America actually have. That has been a lot of jokes in the finance world that if you went to Fort Knox to where they held all this gold, et cetera, that it would basically be barren, and that you know when you look at you know, countries like China, you know, we owed a lot of these countries a lot of gold, and we don't have as much as we use and we're not in a good space when it comes to that.
Speaker 2: Is that true or not?
Speaker 1: I don't know, But guess what with the blockchain, if we did have all of our goal on this ledger and it was something that was physically visible for the whole world to see. Then if something is changed, you would be able to know. And the thing about the blockchain, when you think about it, for those who wonder what makes it so secure, what makes you so transparent? This system is not just backed by one blockchain. There's like this mother like it's all AI controlled, but beyond the AI control of it, it has fail systems in which if somebody was to try to break into one and manipulate it, that there is a backup to a backup to a backup, and it's like quadruple secure.
Speaker 2: There would be alerts, it would be very visible there.
Speaker 1: You know, it's almost I'm not going to say impossible, because nothing, in my opinion, is technically impossible, but at that same point for most things, but when it comes to the blockchains, especially if it's specifically the main blockchain that all the subdivision blockchains go to, it makes it really really hard to hack it. And it's not saying that, once again, if you're in the crypto space, you can't be hacked. It's not saying that tokens can't be hacked, and it's not saying some of these subdivision blockchains that report to the bigger blockchain can't have issues or be reported incorrectly, or have certain you know, transparencies that are missing. But what then happens is in a situation like Shiba for instance, there was a whole situation where a company was reporting the wrong amount of tokens for Shiba. Even Sheba thought they had a certain amount of token's purchase and they were reporting this number as to what they thought their circulation supply was. And then they were able to go to the original blockchain and through a lot of research, a lot of data and looking at every last sale that has ever in every purchase and every token that was created, they were able to use the original blockchain to look at it. And the original blockchain is something that is kind of having like the fordknots of blockchains. And then you can, through a very means, have your information sent to that. And what I mean by hard means is like you can update your inform, you can send information to it to create your database, but to manipulate in whatever transaction you recorded are created on that market space. Definitely not the easiest to hack. If it was that easy, trust me, a lot of people probably would have done it.
Speaker 3: Eric this episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdic Erners.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash euyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return. Lee do what's right, leave now under President Trump America's laws, order and families will be protected sponsored by the United States Department of.
Speaker 1: Homeland Security the same way they hack other people's soilkens. But anyway, moving on, and you know, there's always gonna be the people who are like, oh, anything not as creative can be manipulated or abused of, you know, and maybe in the future somebody will figure out how to do so, or maybe AI will figure out how to hack itself.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: But what I can tell you for right now is definitely with more secure and more transparent then you know, other databases and other ways that people do things. So some of the most discussed blockchain and their explorers now these are subdivisions under the block the main blockchain are Ethereum. Ethereum's blockchains called ether scan dot Io, Binance, b sc scan dot Com, Polygon, polygon scan, dot com avalanche, no trace that I a Solana which is sol scan dot io, Bitcoin blockchain, dot info, and so what are those websites there? Those explorers allow you to put in anyone's wallet address and see every transaction that was ever done with that particular wallet address. So if anything was under the Ethereum token, you'd be able to put in that person's wallet a dress and if they purchase any token or any NFT or anything that is Ethereum based, the history and all the transactions would be physically there and evidence.
Speaker 2: The same for a polygon.
Speaker 1: But like let's say you're trying to see an Ethereum exchange or a purchase on the Ethereum network, you can't go to the Ethereum network and see what somebody the Solana a person particularly purchased unless they purchase.
Speaker 2: It through the Ethereum network.
Speaker 1: So if they purchase art like in magic Eden, which is is a Solana platform that utalizes that, then you would need to go to salt scanda io to look into those transactions. This might sound like Chinese a little bit right now, but keep in mind we're just mainly talking about metaverse NFTs and crypto basics. But once again later on, if you guys want to like a deep dive into this, that's a whole other conversation and we can always have it.
Speaker 2: So some of the websites that you can use to.
Speaker 1: Verify, like blockchains, and once again, these websites for regular websites, people, normal people and AI are updating them. So sometimes they're wrong, sometimes they're not as accurate, but some good ones on the list of coin market Cap, coin get Go, coin desk, coin Telegraph, I know if the main coin in all of those, there are other platforms and websites, but you know, for today's purposis, these are some of the main ones that I would say, like especially like coin market cap and coin get Go, A lot of people in this space utilize.
Speaker 2: Why is that important?
Speaker 1: Right, Let's say that you have a cryptotoken like Ethereum and you're going to purchase ethereum, and you know, Ethereum tells you, hey, we created one million Ethereum tokens, and then they say we've sold seven hundred and thousand, seven hundred thousand tokens already. Now keep in mind, crypto tokens are like a barter system, which we're going to dive into that shortly. Imagine that you're now going to have to be in a position where you then, as an individual, have to put potentially be believing that seven hundred thousand people or seven hundred thousand tokens are sold. With the blockchain, you'd be able to verify if it was the same wallet address who purchased all seven hundred thousand, was it three hundred thousand people who purchase seven hundred thousand of the tokens? And then that also gives you more power when it comes to circulating supply how many people are interested in a particular item and makes you decide is it an NFT or a token or whatever project that you'd want to invest in, because now you're able to know more data on that particular brand or company or the way they're moving, or how many bad.
Speaker 2: Reports they have.
Speaker 1: The list continues using the blockchain for verification. And some of these websites will also help you make sure that if there's a scammer with a fake website claiming to be ethereum and they're like, oh, this is Ethereum's new website Ethereum three, then you know, just make sure you don't connect your wallet address to a scammer's website and you're actually going to like corn market cap coin, get go to look up what is the actual website Ethereum do they have a new website? And just to show you what an explorer looks like, this is what it would like be like. So this to give you an examples ether scan, most of them kind of had this same basic interpretation. You would put your wallet address right here, and that basically is a key that unlocks a lot of like hold your money in the crypto space. So if it's an Ethereum based wallet, you would put the address there. Or if you did a transaction and you're like, hey, let me see how long is it gonna You know, how long ago did I purchase X, Y and z. If you had that token, hash or any of this information, you would be able to then look it up.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 2: Leave now.
Speaker 4: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.