Speaker 1: Got issues of that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, alright, guys, injuries we just had.
Speaker 1: I forgot my list in.
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 1: There was only one on there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Ambre just got looked at for concussion by the spotters upstairs.
Speaker 1: Pretty clear, So we're good, yep.
Speaker 3: Uh, you go up twenty nothing and you don't that s drive, you don't score, and you force all three announcer for a while. How would you assess the way this skin open up?
Speaker 1: It opened up as good as you could hope for.
Speaker 2: I thought it was about twenty eight minutes of really good football and then two minutes of really bad football. Just the offense not coming up with points there at the end, just even giving it back to 'em, and then us not getting that short yardage, the two penalties we had and them scoring at the end of the half put a little damper on it.
Speaker 1: But it was awesome.
Speaker 2: We came out, got the ball back and answered on that first drive and pretty smooth Salem from there. Not really, I mean, I don't make a lot of themes and stuff that I feel like we just as understood.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We always try to get off fast. It's always our goal, and I was glad that we did it. A. Yeah, that was huge.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've waited a long long time for this game. Were first games are always weird, You think about it forever, you overthink it a lot. For a couple of weeks now, we've just wanted to get to this game and get it started.
Speaker 1: And once we once.
Speaker 2: Kickoff happened and it felt normal and glad to get that first one out of the way, and glad to get a win while doing it. That first drive, Oh it was huge, you know. I mean, I thought we really let them back in it. Especially I thought we had the We were there in field goal range with that with that run, and we.
Speaker 1: Had a free play because they got jumped off side.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was gonna be third and two and give us a chance to keep going for it, whether if we didn't get even kick a field.
Speaker 1: Goal or run time off and have a chance to touchdown.
Speaker 2: But somehow I heard off sides, and somehow I heard the had a time out after that, so I'm not exactly sure what happened. And then we weren't able to come through with that, and we stopped him in that third and one. I think we're good, but they bounced that run, got a personal foul on it and gave him some light at that.
Speaker 1: Moment a little bit. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean he's I mean, we've felt so good about him in practice every day he's been great.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: He had a couple of struggles in the preseason game and then got hurt, but he healed a.
Speaker 1: Lot faster than we expected.
Speaker 2: So he's been pretty good here in practice and we still want to see it in the games and get in the delay a game. At first, we did that just to make it harder for him, and he looked great there and it continued through the whole game.
Speaker 1: So he did a hell of a job.
Speaker 3: Because it kept being great.
Speaker 2: Now, that made it a lot easier. You know, our our our number was between thirty and forty. That's what we said going in, but that was hopefully we can keep it there, and that's what we were going for. We made it a little easier with some of the three and outs and that's why he kept him out there at the end for most of it.
Speaker 1: What's that I thought brought out a good game.
Speaker 2: I made some big plays, got some explosives there and some tight windows. You know, we had some issues and protection, not just issues that we knew that were going in. I hope you can hold on to when those do happen, just so we don't turn it over and fumble.
Speaker 1: But I thought brought it a health game.
Speaker 3: Did that according script?
Speaker 2: How you put those plays?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly, No, it's it never goes according to script. It's always a little bit different.
Speaker 1: But it was.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember it all now, but I don't think we had a third down on it, which was huge, and that was well, we got a different look then we were anticipating, but we were still expecting it to go there. I did an awesome job being as man Deebo was number one in the route and we're expecting a lot of people to go with them and leave Ayu Cologne, and we needed to hold up to be able to wait for that, and we did, and I did what we thought he would do, and it was a really good route.
Speaker 1: Could throw great protection.
Speaker 3: How much do you have at this point in this group?
Speaker 2: A lot as much as I do. I mean, all of our guys, we've got some pretty good eligibles.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't go in thinking that it's gonna all be I Yukel like it was today. You go in with a pretty balanced and the thing that just me looking at the stats right before I came in. Anytime you throw it so many eight times and all eight of them are completions that easily doing some real good stuff.
Speaker 1: You fourth down too, Actually, oh that's right that.
Speaker 3: You call that. You put it in your a little bit of this line of confidence.
Speaker 1: You have brought in that moment a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's also how hard they are to run against some short yardage, which you guys saw the play before on that, so you know they're they're a really good team, really tough to stop in those situations, and it's always a little bit easier to run it. You think it's easier to run it, but I think you guys saw that on the first one and we thought we'd get it to the side and George had to bow around the guy a little bit, but brought me to perfect throw which allowed George to turn up the field.
Speaker 1: And that was huge probably about.
Speaker 3: Drake Jackson, with a lot of discussion about past rushers.
Speaker 1: Nick really happy for him. I got to see both of his sex.
Speaker 2: You know, Drake put in a ton of work this offseason, put a ton of work on into training camp, had a set back when he got injured, so he got to miss a lot of training camp. But he's worked his butt off to get back, and when I get on the plane, I'll.
Speaker 1: See how he played overall.
Speaker 2: But he's got that type of ability and it seemed like had a huge effect on the game.
Speaker 3: To a lot of respect for bad You imagine that level of domination.
Speaker 2: No, but you know, I mean they didn't move the change. We got him on three and out. You know, it took him a little bit to get going and we were able to answer, so we were able to jump it.
Speaker 1: I don't think it says a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's just how the game went in Week one, but we got a lot of respect for that team just watching how they were at into last year. We knew what was coming all off season and watched him throughout the preseason. No one Mike knowing how he has that team. I mean, they they didn't make the place today, but that team is going to be there.
Speaker 3: At that it seemed like maybe a little more after that first one him that this all just meant a little more to him coming back everything that he's been there.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure it did. I mean, I think we could guess that, but Brock doesn't. Brock's pretty steady Brock. You don't see much different each day, and he's a very faith based person. I think that gives him his foundation as much as anyone I've been around. He's taken this whole off season as good as you can with a quarterback being injured. I mean, I think today was six months ago to where he had that big surgery, and he's done everything he can to come back, and he handles the pressure well and really doesn't change. I think that's why the guys love him, and I think that's why I will continue to get better.
Speaker 3: Depends a line to Dominating twenty nineteen. They were that, man, are you feeling something similar about this one?
Speaker 2: I mean, all he asked us for the chance to be like that, and I think we do have an opportunity to do. Got a long way to go before that, but I liked our first start today.
Speaker 1: Alright, all right, guys, thanks m