Speaker 1: Welcome to Thursday show more studio. Okay, I got this for you. This from CBS News. So thumb print security on TV shows, they'll be like eyeball right now, thumb print so not a fail safe, I guess because a woman allegedly killed her sugar daddy, then cut off his thumb and then got into all his money apps.
Speaker 2: What I feared this?
Speaker 1: What is that? Tiffany Taylor Gray? Is there name? Which, by the way, you think this happens in like some other country that's not here. Tiffany Taylor Gray murdered the guy inside his apartment of Washington, d C. In early April. His body was discovered his right thumb was cut off. Prosecutors say the finger was used to access a finance app on his phone to buy liquor, to buy drugs, mess with money. Gray and another to charge of first degree murder, arm felony. Three other women are charged in the case, with one defendant's name being Tommy Whack. I wonder if he's the one who did it? All right, let's draw straws. No, no, no, you're lost as Whack so before Amy I would, let I'll have you expand on how you feared this forever. This is what I would like to say. It is like the iPhone one when they use your thumb print. What's up with the eyes? You know, I'm glad they didn't have to rip his eyeballs out, But you can't get in my phone with a thumb print. It's all eyes. So this sugar daddy must have had a whole lot of sugar if he's on iPhone two. Yeah, that's dirty dog to steal somebody's thumb amy, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess my real fear is around chipping our hands or our hands or finger prints paying for things at the grocery store. Like now you can go places and wave your hand in front of a screen and it pays for it. Like, ah, this is I'm not putting my credit card in my hand. I'm not registering my hand at the grocery store or to pay for my groceries yet, because I just feel like.
Speaker 2: The minute I join into that, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just have a fear around things getting chopped off, and then you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I fear things getting chopped off too.
Speaker 2: They use my hand for who knows what, but the.
Speaker 1: Things now that you wave like you can go into the airport, and there's this there's this like Amazon area some of the airport. You go in and you go in and you walk out, and that's it, and they have your deal.
Speaker 2: But there's no chip in you No, but that's coming.
Speaker 1: But again you're fearing something now that isn't happening. And I wonder about this guy's thumb print and why is apps were set up on a thumb because does anyone have anything that's printed like thumb printed that you use it? It used to be that it used to be in that little circle on the bottom right. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, on your laptop like you can do the finger yeah yeah yeah, Oh that he's laptop. I don't real use the laptop anymore. I have one, but I'm now that they're present. Oh do we think? But who has an app on a computer? Think about that on that bottom part of that. A lot of this isn't adding up to me. It sounds like somebody's thumb got chopped off. Yes, there is that little corner on some laptops where you do your finger and it gets you into the computer. But what kind of app is on your computer? Does anyone use apps on their computer? I have some I have some too, but not a bank one. Anyway, the whole story sucks. I hate that for him. Rest in peace. Where's his thumb? Now? Do they find it on her? How do they prove it the no? No, no, just burn it the fire No, yeah, going the lake. It's not a test, it's not a piece of paper with cheat the cheat sheet. Probably you could burn it and it would go away. You don't have to swallow it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be a good, you know, thief.
Speaker 3: I guess read it on the air to take something we call Bobby's mail bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, Bobby Bones. My wife recently retired after thirty years on the job and is now enjoying being at home all the time. About half the day she busies herself with projects around the house. She's in the yard. But I work from home full time, and she's constantly checking in with me or expecting me to be available to help her with stuff. I have seen my productivity take a major hit since she's been home. I don't know how to delicately approach the subject with her. I feel like the best way would be to suggest you could a part time job. Do you think making this suggestion would be a good way to tackle the problem. Signed husband who needs peace and quiet, Sir, I do not. I do not think that would be the way to fix that problem. That would be one of the worst ways to fix the problem. Actually, if I were to list them, that would be near the bottom. To tell her to go and do stuff. I do think this is a conversation of Hey, I know I'm at home so it feels like I'm always available, but I've been so less productive since there have been things I've been trying to help you with. You have to even delicately say those words you can't say since you've been bothering me.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know, but I just even feel like that was a little negative, but maybe not. I'm trying to see if I was the one receiving it, and I'm like, oh, God's age.
Speaker 2: Oh so I made you less productive?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, thank you for noticing. Yes. And it's not that I don't like hanging out with you. I do. But if I don't get my productivity back to a certain point, I don't know they're gonna let me keep this job and then I'm gonna have to go and work from inside the office and I'm never gonna be home. That'd be how I lay it out. But I do think this is one of those uncomfortable conversations. And you know what's uncomfortable growing all the time, physically, emotionally, mentally. Even in this situation, any growth is uncomfortable, but it's always good in the end. So I think that's the conversation. Hey, I got a note from work. Apparently my performance has not been good, and I feel like it's because I want to hang out with you so much while you're at home. So I've got to stop doing that. It's not that I don't want to, but I've got to have these there you go and then she's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and she'll want to respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're joined up to hate them.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, I like this way just sounded better to me, just like thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Figure out.
Speaker 2: Why don't you figured it out first?
Speaker 3: It was like, Hey, since you've been home, i'm less productive because of you.
Speaker 1: Well that's how I think it, but how I say it would be different. But yes, you have got to fix this, but do not tell her to get a job. That is the last on the list, right, that's next to last, right before we should get divorced. What my job performance is down, we should get divorced. That's very last. This is one spot above that. Good luck with that. I think you can figure it out because you're in the house. I think this happened during COVID a lot too, because people were in the house. People felt like they were always available to hang out, but people still had to get work done. So take some of this advice. It's free. We've got your mail, and.
Speaker 4: We read on the air.
Speaker 1: Now it's found to clothes.
Speaker 3: Bobby failed that.
Speaker 1: Year the Bobby Bones Show. Now, Ma Mason, I saw you singing with Landadel Ray. Yes, like two million views when I saw it. I'm sure it's a way over that. Now. That's pretty cool. How did that come together?
Speaker 5: She's just really just all around a very sweet person, even behind the scenes. I've I met a lot of celebrities, but she she's like one of the like sweetest celebrities that I've ever met.
Speaker 1: And how did you end up with with her singing? Like? What even happened there?
Speaker 5: She just reached out to me on Instagram and that's cool. Co I wanted to do a collab with her, and so she reached out to me because she's seen where I where. I asked if I if we could collab together, and she said, let's make it happen. And so then she just invited me to Golf Shores, Alabama, to the Hangout Fest, but it got canceled. Something happened to where the weather got in the way and we couldn't rehearse. And she'd had like Jelly Roll and Benson Boone and some other artists and they had time to rehearse. I didn't have time because I flew in kind of at a weird time. But pretty much that I could go to Fenway with her and and do like do a song with her there pretty much, and that was honestly so crazy.
Speaker 1: A lot of people, who who cool have you heard from? And like you've got to do something like sing with them or like hang out with them, Like who's your top three? Let's say Lanta off because you already said her, so she is Atlanta. If you're listening, he's not saying that you're not on the list. But we've covered that, so no pressure to put her back on. Who are they? Give me three other ones?
Speaker 5: Most of them most of them would be dead, but well, let's see Zach Bryan. I really love him.
Speaker 1: What did you do? Did you meet him? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I got to meet him my old so my old manager actually manages him or does like part management deal with him, and so Zach, you know, had the connection with me through my old manager, and so he told his manager to reach out to me and we did a revival together and that was that was That was awesome as well.
Speaker 1: All right, that's one. Give me number two.
Speaker 5: Okay. I got to meet Jelly Roll at the Spotify house.
Speaker 1: Really nice guy.
Speaker 5: Huh yes, super nice guy. I'm trying to think of number three. Number three could.
Speaker 1: Be anybody ever that you've ever like worked with or hung out with.
Speaker 5: And Justin Bieber is pretty pretty Yeah, it's pretty That was a long time ago, but yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That is pretty cool. I was watching some videos you perform on TikTok and maybe like CMA Fest. Did you play the river stage CMA Fest?
Speaker 5: No, I diduburb stage.
Speaker 1: You were going hard, like a lot of energy. Yeah, like you feel like you're bringing it now, showing them like the new version of you.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely like.
Speaker 1: Headbanging like that's what it looked like. I don't know if you're banging exactly. What what do you think about before you go out on stage?
Speaker 5: Now, it's like I leave my body and someone else goes in it and they just it's it's kind of out of body experience where I'm not like, I'm just I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Because I felt like you were such a physical show what you were jumping around that I need to stretch. Do you stretch before show?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I just practiced all the movies before I.
Speaker 1: He's still young. He's still young. I need to stretch. How'd you get on the Twister soundtrack? How'd that come together?
Speaker 5: So? I've been working on an album for the past or six months and my label reached out to me and there were one one of my songs on to put be put on the Twister soundtrack, and I was like, okay. So we were writing just like in Awe, like amaze, you know, and I wrote a song called Shake Shake, and I was like, this is pretty cool. I said, you know, just pitched this to them and see if they like it, and they said that they loved it, and so it just came about that one of one of my songs got to be put on the Twisters album.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool because it's like Mason Ramsey, Louke Comb's, Randa Lambert, Jelly Roll.
Speaker 5: I know it's this pretty wild. I never yeah, I never dreamed that that something like this would would happen.
Speaker 1: You know, what's up with that album that you've been working on? When's that coming home?
Speaker 5: First off, I've got a tour that we're working on.
Speaker 1: At Mason Ramsey dot Com. Are on in September, pretty much a bunch of shows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it'll be out before the tour, Okay, got it. It's got I think fourteen to fifteen songs on it, and it's been, uh, it's just been kind of just everything just flows like really smooth. You know, it's more old school sound than it is new school because I want to bring back I want to bring back the old country music to the new world, and I think that's what we're missing today.
Speaker 1: But in low gas prices that both of those we can get old country music and low gas prices, we're back. Mason.
Speaker 5: I mean, like you work on the gas prices too. I'm not president, all right, all right, I kin don't work in that department.
Speaker 1: I remember once, and I have a job that's pretty cool where I get to meet a lot of cool people, and so for me, I don't get star struck often because ideal and get to be lucky enough to have celebrities in all the time. Right right that being said, I was on a flight with you once on a Southwest fly and I saw you and I freaked out. I was like, holy crap, that happened all the time when people were just like that's the guy. Was it happening everywhere you went?
Speaker 5: Pretty much? Pretty much? And it's still to this day. So I flew out last night and I had a bunch of people stop me at the airport and they were like, are you Mason Ramsey And I'm like, yeah, I am, And so I took pictures and stuff like I always do, and it was I don't know, it just it just still amazes me that people like know me by my name and still recognized me. So I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Did it ever get annoying?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: That's a good answer.
Speaker 5: No, that's not staged.
Speaker 1: I really know.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I liked it, so you never would. It wasn't so much like you're just trying to use the bathroom because I've been peeing before. They yurnal and somebody pops up the top like, hey, wong are you Bobby? And I'm dude, let me at least finish peek Like, no awkward situations where fans were just in your in your space or driving by your house or anything.
Speaker 5: No, well, I've had I've had a few. Yeah, a few stalkers.
Speaker 1: You were wowly famous, like for a while you were just everywhere and that's cool, but also eether, it's got to be a breaking point. You're like, I need a break.
Speaker 5: Right, No, no, no, no, that's what it doesn't It doesn't. I really just I really do just enjoy it all around, and I love meeting people and like going to new places and just I don't know, seeing the world and traveling and meeting more people.
Speaker 1: What was it like to have your life change in like four or five days, because it's something you didn't even intend to change your life? Meaning if you make a record, now you're going, I'm making this record. I hope people love it, and if they do, mission accomplished. I set out to do this, but with you, that really wasn't the plan. You're just singing back home. What was it like or were you too young to even really know what was going on.
Speaker 5: Well, first off, I didn't have internet where I lived and I still don't, so that's one thing. So I didn't really know what was going on, what was taking off my aunt. My aunt called it a mimi because she didn't know what it was either. So that shows you how much we knew at the time. And then that, I mean, it's just pretty crazy how everything took off. You know, we got the call from Ellen and and that was pretty wild. That was unexpected, honestly. And first time to La Yes, first time. I had always wanted to go, and I was so excited to go. I was a little nervous about the plane ride, but says I've never been on a plane.
Speaker 1: Nerves like crazy. I was nervous on the flight we took together. You'dn't even I was nervous about that flight. And nervous you were on the flight. It's like double nerves, man, double nerves. How do they treat you? Over to Ellen that day? Great? Great?
Speaker 5: The staff and everyone was really amazing, and uh yeah, she's just all around a sweet person and I loved it. You know, she's really cool just to be there. Do you still perform love sick blues I do. Oh good for you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome because if I were here, probably like I don't want to sing the song anymore, because that's that's real maturity in that, because people still want to hear that song. Wow, good do you want to sing it? Somebody give you that? Like, hey, keep singing the song that people, because it's also a classic country song, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, I like it. I love it because it shows off my vocal ability and uh, I don't know if something is flipping it between the over the bridge, I don't know. That's probably my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 1: I saw your grandpa. You took your grandpa to the Aubrey I did, and that's yes, what do you think about that?
Speaker 5: It's pretty cool. I mean he just loves being there and and you know that's always that was one of my dreams is for him to get to be there and watch me perform. And yeah, he loves going there.
Speaker 1: Probably a lot of the reason that you have love for old school traditional.
Speaker 5: Country, right, you're absolutely absolutely what's his favorite music? He always listens to Hank Williams senior music NonStop, and he probably knows every single Hank Williams song there is.
Speaker 1: You're part of the Twister soundtrack and we're going to play that song coming up in just a second. The original came out of the first Twister movie in nineteen ninety six, which is ten years before my torn Yeah, have you seen the original?
Speaker 5: I have not yet. I have not yet.
Speaker 1: Good well man, congratulations on everything.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, Bobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Mason Ramsey at Mason Ramsey on Instagram and again he has so many shows and good to know you're gonna have a record out by then too.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Mason Ramsey dot com starting at September and Oxford, Mississippi, and I have on my pages. It's all the way in through December, so I'm sure you'll add more. But he's all over the place. I'm rooting for.
Speaker 5: You, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I like the double breasted shirt. If I could pull that off, I'd be wearing that. That's awesome. Thank you and keep killing it man. I'm rooting for you. And I knew you when you were in a Southwest flight right next to me. That's right, That's what I knew him. That's when I knew Mason Ramsey the first time. Mason good to talk to you, buddy.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, Bobby.
Speaker 7: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 8: A group of two Lane students were building a mini house, like one of those tiny homes for their class, and they were building it, trying to design every thing their future architects. But before they were done, the professor said, you know what you're building. You're building a future home for a homeless man that has been homeless for two decades. He was living under a bridge under it in New Orleans, and now he's going to have his own home designed by college students.
Speaker 1: I think that's awesome. I love the professor assigned that to them. I also felt like, if there was a way to get these really really inexpensive that we guy should have, like an actual doghouse, we should go. We could go till we got in trouble. Oh yeah yeah, like more in trouble.
Speaker 7: No you yeah, what you don't meaning for our houses that they e mean on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, no, No, that's funny. I thought that too, like we're in trouble. No, no, I know it would be up like if we get his ad, like if we had these so what would be in there? Bones like a ps five. No, it would be terrible be the litter trying to be a better husband. Oh play long bro. Uh, there would be probably like some weight so we could get more physically toned for our wives, for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some like seventy five TV so we can watch rom coms.
Speaker 1: We know what women want?
Speaker 8: Interesting, is that what you really wants?
Speaker 3: He answered that.
Speaker 7: Guys, you say you're watching rom coms and you go in there.
Speaker 1: And watch sports. Just a lot of a lot of literature, and you guys fell for it right there. All right, there you go. Great story. That is what it's all about. That was telling me something good. Older versus millennial, old versus young, lunchbox versus Morgan lunchbox. Here are your three questions. If you miss it, Morgan can steal. These are in her wheelhouse. Counting Stars, good Life, and Apologize are all hit songs released by what pop band? Counting Stars, good Life and Apologize are all hit songs released by what Pop band? One direction incorrect? No, I'm gonna Dorgan. Oh, I'm trying to visualize.
Speaker 2: I think it's one republic.
Speaker 1: But I don't say your answer? Yeah, correct, ste Morgan, Oh my god, Selena Gomez got her start on Disney Channel as Alex Russo and What Show. Lunchbox Selena Gomez got her start on Disney Channel as Alex Russo and What Show? Hi Carly Incorrect, Morgan Steel.
Speaker 2: Wizards of Waverley Place.
Speaker 1: Correct, I'm just bummed about the one Republic. I'm out of my head. I'm in my head now.
Speaker 7: You and I got it right anyway though, Well one Republic. Yeah, Wizards of Waverley Place. I wouldn't have got that, but I should be tired. I'm in trouble.
Speaker 1: No, you missed it. Shouldn't be we missed it. Lunchbox. By the way, here's his intro. He's Captain of Cringe. He claims that he used to get every hot chick, but all he ever does is get all of us sick. It's Lunchbox. Who plays Captain Marvel in Avengers Endgame? Chris Himsworth. Correct, Morgan, that is.
Speaker 3: A woman who plays it Spree Larson.
Speaker 1: It's because he missed one Republic.
Speaker 3: He's in his head, throws them off.
Speaker 1: Should have out Republic in his own head. All right, Let's introduce Morgan here. His opponent. She runs our Digital She doesn't know the members of the eighties duo Wham, but she recently soft launched her boyfriend on Instagram. It's Morgan, out of your own head? Yeah, here we go, hopefully, Morgan, what was the two word name of the mail order music subscription service that offered CDs and tapes for a penny? Now these questions at Lunchbox should be able to get based on the era they're asked about. What was the two word name of the mail order music subscription service that offered CDs and tapes for a penny as part of its marketing strategy.
Speaker 3: I know y'all have talked about this before, but I only remember like LimeWire and Napster.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I was.
Speaker 1: Live when this one happened.
Speaker 3: Netflix did mail order at the beginning, but that's not CDs.
Speaker 1: Shoot, I don't know. Napster incorrect.
Speaker 7: Lunchbox, Uh, you got me in your head in head right now, and I didn't order this crap.
Speaker 1: Uh two word music subscription?
Speaker 2: Yeah, get it wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna get it wrong, don't I just have no idea Columbia House Incorrectgan? What nineteen eighty five Nintendo game begins with an empty screen and requires the player to fit blocks falling together as a puzzle. Teter correct final question. Can't she go? I guess you won't get the full she an at Colmbia house, but she can go? Five zero? Here we go? What does VHS stand for?
Speaker 3: Video Home System corrects dominating?
Speaker 1: Where in the history of the game? All right, here's a voicemail from last night.
Speaker 6: Hi, I need your help. My adult daughter twenty one years old, graduated college and moved back home. About eight months before that, we adopted a dog four years old. Everybody in the house loves the dog. He loves everyone who's ever encountered, except my daughter, who's just moved back home. She doesn't feel safe to be in the house. He's aggressive towards her. He barks at Harry, growls at her. I don't think he'd actually really hurt her, but she doesn't feel safe. But we don't really want to get rid of the dog. Of course, we love our daughter. What would you do?
Speaker 1: It's a great question, you know. We dealt with this when we got Eller, who is our rescue, who is very, very aggressive toward everyone myself included my wife, our other dog. It was a brutal what we had to provide Eller was consistency and boundaries, and she is awesome. Now, what I would recommend is to start over with the dog, meaning there are times when the dog needs to be in the create, there are times when the dog can go here. There. The dog is aggressive because that's all the dog knows, and that aggression is probably from a non secure early part of its life. So if you can create security with boundaries, with rules, I think everybody benefits. And I don't want you to get rid of the dog, and I don't want you to get rid of the human. I think it works, but it is going to take some work. That would be my advice. Ella is the most loving dog ever, but she was not. She was extremely aggressive humans, animals. I know you say that from my own perspective. Consistency is the It is absolute currency with the dog or with the human. I had none my whole life growing up, moved every few months every year, living with different people. It was a grandma here, it was my mom would be in town for a while. There, we move over here with an consistency is so valuable and I think a lot of times even now me I take it for granted. But consistency with the dog, I think will help so much. Amy thoughts, Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I totally agree with that. I'm I feel like I'm going through a lot with my dog right now. She's crazy. I don't know how to explain it, and I'm trying to get extra advice and care. I've had other input from professionals before, and she seems to get better and then she gets worse. So I agree with the consistency because sometimes when she gets worse, it's when I've sort of haven't had the time to give her that she needs, and so hopefully we'll have another breakthrough soon. You just can't give up. So I'm thankful for this reminder right now too. In consistency.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I yeah, you're I'm to blame. I hear I am calling my dog crazy, but it's my fault.
Speaker 1: I think at times we can take it for granted, but with humans the same thing. With me, I needed it. I never had it. Once I got it, I was like, oh, I have an elephant wife. I've never had it before. I had an ell of my wife. It is starting to be a bit more familiar, but I love it. Sometimes it's hard, but it makes me better. Uh here play Brett from Springfield, Missouri. Please, I was just.
Speaker 9: Calling to ask a question.
Speaker 6: I guess mainly two people who are like dating or new into relationships to like amy.
Speaker 9: But my question is I have.
Speaker 6: A coworker who recently started.
Speaker 9: Dating a person and she ended the relationship because he would lick his fingers after eating if there was like food residue on there, so it.
Speaker 2: Was just a major itch for her.
Speaker 9: Do you lick your fingers after you are finished eating and they're like food on your fingers or is that disgusting?
Speaker 1: I can't say I've never licked my fingers there's food on it, let's be honest. But if somebody breaks up with somebody for something trivial like this, they never really wanted to do with that person anyway. They were looking for a reason, Amy, you could take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I agree, you're looking for a reason.
Speaker 3: I think we're all guilty of licking our fingers at some point, but there could be a major issue if he's like really dramatic about it and it's like.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't think it's the finger thing. I think if you really like somebody, they could lick their palm after they finish eating and you would look beyond it and go you know what, everybody has their weirdo quirks. I just think she doesn't like the guy, and this is what she's going to use, even if she doesn't know what. She's using this to not be with the girl.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: Or sometimes we do this weird thing to ourselves where we sabotage something, like we come like we actually really do like the person, yeah, and we would like for it to work, but we are scared of getting hurt, so we think of a way to run away. So yeah, there's to me, there's three options here. She's legitimately grossed out by the finger looking and I get that.
Speaker 2: It could be your.
Speaker 3: Point of like, yeah, she's.
Speaker 2: Just looking for an out.
Speaker 3: She doesn't like him, or she likes him and she's scared, so she's just going to remove.
Speaker 1: Herself as a friend. I'd picked which one of those you like best in confront her with it. I don't think it's because he's just look at his fingers. If she likes him, he could suck his fingers to the bone, and you know what, if he's worth it, you'll get over it. You have a conversation, sall being a weirdo. I think it could be the two. I think you make a good point there. I think one she doesn't really like him, or two she needs to learn how to love herself. Therefore she is sabotage in the relationship. That's pretty good. I like that we didn't help him at all, but I talked about it ourselves. That's that's half the battle, right that we get a bit out of it.
Speaker 3: Hand of reminder to like not lick your fingers, well we all do that a little bit though sometimes a little bit. But I'm picturing in my mind right now him just like licking each finger like up.
Speaker 1: You know, we don't picture that weirdo. None of us are. Here's a voicemail Brittany from Saint Louis. I have had this.
Speaker 4: Song in my head all day and I have googled it. I cannot find it. I'm not really sure what the name is, but it's something like it's a guy seeing it and it's one hundred percent really sure. I can't find it. Just really wanted to know what the artist's name was and the sot name so I could listen to it again.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks, got it, I will play it coming up. Yeah, the guy's name is Styles. His name was honest to God, Styles, how are you yeah? And that was his real name, but it was like bizarro world Harry Styles, but his name is Styles heart, but his name is just Styles. Now they're trying to remove the exact opposite of Harry Styles. I mean, I will play it coming up. But his name is Styles and it's called one hundred percent. I appreciate that. I know what that's what that was. That's good and pile of stories.
Speaker 2: So if you feel like you need a nap while you're not alone.
Speaker 3: A poll found that the average American says I'm tired out loud three times a day. But I have a solution. Instead of saying I'm tired, we need to start saying I need rest because this helps nudg just in the right direction of action and doesn't reiterate that we're tired all the time.
Speaker 1: Who let's say I need rest.
Speaker 2: Oh well.
Speaker 3: Neuroscientists say it's the way we should speak to our brains.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I would go, God, dang, I'm tired, but I think I'm always sleepy. There's a difference in sleepy and tired. I'm always sleepy, just because of the crazy hours of this show. And you know, we're in Oregon as we record this show, so we're two hours behind where we normally are. I'm just always sleepy and that ends up tired. But it's not the same. But I never go I need rest.
Speaker 5: I go.
Speaker 1: This sucks. That's what I say. This sucks, okay, which neuroscientists probably I don't think you should say, all right, what else?
Speaker 3: So you're an organ speaking of traveling, summer is not up yet and some people are still trying to plan some last minute vacations domestic in the US, and Travel and Leisure put together a list of the world's best awards for twenty twenty four and I have the top American destination out of.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me guess. Let me guess, because if I were recommending people where you should go in the greatest country in the world, the United States of friackin America, that's what I call it. Yep. I love Boston and every month except like December, January, February like that. There's a lot of culture there. There's old school, there's sports. There's chowder. Yeah, huh, plam chowder. I love Boston. I think it is a wonderful place to go. Check out. The people there are honest. Sometimes they're very rude, but they're always honest. And I can respect that because you know what you're getting. And when you go to Boston. So I put Boston up there. It's too hot for like it Like I love Austin, but it's too hot right now in the summertime. Yeah, people would go there and be like, why did he send me to this place that feels like hell? And not because the people are mean, because it's just that hot. Let me think, Let me think, Let me think. Oh, Chicago, listen, go to a Cubs game. Chicago is one of my favorite cities in the world. Other than December, January and February. It gets so cold there. There's a lot of art there. Let me give you one more Boston Chicago. You know what was really cool? It was Maine. When I went to Maine, the Portland Maine. I'm a Portland, Oregon right now, and I like it up here. The time zone thing's kind of weird to me. But Portland, Maine was really cool because we took a train. The train was so cool. They eh kids like chootoo train. It wasn't choo train, but we got on the train and we went up like three states on a train for like eleven dollars and it was awesome. So those are the three things I'm saying Boston, Chicago, and Maine because these are the times that you can go to those cold places when it's awesome. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, so readers don't agree with you, Bobby. The number one spot is Charleston, South Carolina's good.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: It taught the list, and that's where Ray vacation this summer, so I think he.
Speaker 2: Would agree it's awesome.
Speaker 3: The second to go is Santa Fe, New Mexico, followed by Savannah, Georgia in third.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Savannah's cool. I've been to all of them. They're all good and fine. I'm sure I have the But Charleston I slept on Charleston. I like Charleston a lot. Santa Fe I've spent a little bit. I don't spent enough time there. But Albuquerque had the best breakfast I ever had. Was that a place called the spot in my whole life? Best place? All right? What else?
Speaker 3: Okay, So if an apocalypse is coming, I know everyone wants to try to figure out ways to be prepared, and now Costco is helping us out because they are selling a bucket of emergency food. It's ninety nine dollars and it has a twenty five year shelf life, and it has one hundred and fifty servings of a variety of meals from pasta, alfredo, macaroni and cheese, chicken noodle, soup, cereal. It's all freeze dried and all you have to do is add water. Again, it's gonna last twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, if I were in college, which I were, and I was eating ramen noodles all the time in bloney sandwiches, this is what I would get and then I will be I don't need the end of the world. I would have every day before I went to class and after class.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of tempted to just try it out to see what it's. Yeah, but you know they're they're pitched like they're selling it to people that are like, Hey, if you are in a state of survival, like if something were to happen, these types of foods will give you a sense of normalcy, comfort, and enjoyment during challenging times that.
Speaker 1: Or challenging times. If you want to save a few bucks right now that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, hight hi, maybe that's my pile.
Speaker 1: That was Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 5: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to sports, a lot of times things are so competitive and you don't want to help the other team. But in Iowa, they've been impacted by heavy rains and flooding, and a lot of communities all their stuff's been washed away. So shout out to Spirit Lake because the softball team there they wanted to help other teams and surrounding communities get back to normal. So they collected equipment, they collected donations, and then offered it to these teams. Again, these are teams they compete against, and they're saying, here's equipment so that you all can practice and we can play. And it's just more about being human and connecting and not being competitive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good leaderships within those programs. So it sounds like like the coaches going eight because I don't think you want even the high schools that your biggest rival to drown or like to be without.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's like I can't believe that they hated each other on the field. But I mean, I think it's like the coaches just going, hey, let's let's all get together and do something for these other people that are like us and also play the game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the coaches on the receiving side of this that it was so heartwarming and they didn't really have words for it. It just was like so compassionate. They's so great, it.
Speaker 1: Was so heart warming.
Speaker 2: Are good words?
Speaker 3: But then she said, you just don't have any other words to say for that, So I guess heartwarming.
Speaker 1: I like heartwarming. That's pretty good. All right, great story. Shout out to those guys. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. We have ninety seconds to get as many of these rides as we possibly can. It's the investigative. Morning Corny, The Morning Corny.
Speaker 3: Why did the banana go get a haircut?
Speaker 1: Banana sweat? The banana had to peel, it was peeling, It went gray. Slip banana banana slide? Why do you go get yellow plantain? Banana? Get a haircut? Buzz cut? Scissors? Hair cut? Hair cut? What is banana haircut? Were splitting? Split ends? Split in?
Speaker 3: What do you call someone who wraps about vegetables.
Speaker 1: A vegetable d mc mc hip roccoli, umber, what bell pepper? What is what wraps about vegetables? Yo bagger seed a farmer, em farmer old donald cucumber EMC vegan named vegetables broccoli, tomato, olives, vegan vegetarianery MC vegetary, let us, let us, let us MC beat uh boxer, beat boxer.
Speaker 3: Why aren't grapes ever lonely?
Speaker 1: Pulled wine? Because they they're raising the wine, raising babies.
Speaker 7: They're on the vine, they're wine.
Speaker 1: They're crying. They're wine on the vine. They're crying.
Speaker 3: Why aren't grapes ever lonely?
Speaker 1: Because they're bunched up together? Because they're in bunches. The same thing is the time that you got three? Adella is taking a big break from music whatever I mean, she's fine. I like her. Doesn't bother me taking a break, take a big break, adall all good. I'd like to announce a couple of breaks. I'm taking freak number one from gum. Why why gum been a little to invest? I hate a lot of gum, a lot, but I do think my jaw line is partially because I chew a lot of gum. I have a pretty good, pretty healthy, little sharp jaw line there. But I would do a whole pack at a time, or it doesn't count. If somebody has gum, I'm known as the guy not to give gum to and I now it's become such a problem. People hide their gum from me and I see it out of the corner of my eye. Someone will pull out gum and they'll be real careful to not bring it into my eye line because they know all you have to offer me a piece, and then they know that I like all the pieces and it's not fair of me. I am now taking a break from gum announcing it. What's today July sixth, July eighteenth until the end of August. No gum for me, Thank you another one. Now, this is big, this is big. I'm taking a break from Madden Football. Wow, exactly because ncuble a college football came out a Markansas and I started my my dynasty, and so I want to know call my first game.
Speaker 2: That's something. They've been working on that game for thirteen years or something.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's not around. They stopped making it and they've been working on it for a few years. But it's taken a while, Yeah, but I'm taking a break from mad and everybody. I woke up extra extra early this morning, and I've been traveling a lot.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: We did the show for Portland. We were in Portland. We were in Eugene, Oregon. We were in Tucson, Arizona. We're in Dallas. We're moving around. I'm a little worn out just from the traveling. That said, I still woke up this morning and played n CUAA college football for the first time. I just got.
Speaker 2: That's your morning.
Speaker 1: But I didn't you any gum though, Okay, let's go look at me. Big strikes.
Speaker 2: You didn't have any gum anybody to take.
Speaker 1: In the house. Those are my two. I'm no more gum, and I'm taking a break from Madden. Amy.
Speaker 2: Well, i'm too, but they're sort of the same.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 3: Let's go minor related. I am taking a break from thinking about the past and thinking about the future.
Speaker 1: That's odd.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to be in the now.
Speaker 3: I just I've spent a lot of time in the past lately, and I don't know. I get into this pattern. I know better than this, and then I do future for what.
Speaker 1: Happened to me, because something must have happened for this to happen, just some.
Speaker 3: Changes in life a little bit like and I think, I get stressed, and then I repeat to myself that I'm stressed, and that stress goes, and then I think of all the things that have stressed me out or where my life is right now and what caused it.
Speaker 2: And then I get stuck.
Speaker 3: In the past, right right you.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to give details, but I.
Speaker 3: Then I start to think, well, this could happen, this could hapen, and then I start freaking out about the future. Some of the future stuff is like, well, my contract's coming up here soon. I got an email about that. And then I start future driving there and then I'm like, you know what, everything is okay, and I'm here in.
Speaker 1: The now always. But I like it, like that attitude.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't say how long I have.
Speaker 1: Oh no, don't don't bones, don't don't wait.
Speaker 2: You don't believe what I thought.
Speaker 1: You were all about it now, I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I thought you were at gart tole.
Speaker 1: I know, but I don't believe. I read the book. It's fine. I don't believe that now is a concept. I don't believe that the will never stops rollings, so there's never. It doesn't matter box what you have. Don't know, Eddie started to grow because he's hard me talking about her like forty five minutes at a time while we're working out. I'm like nauseating. I'm sure I know, just pushed the weight down by no lunchbox.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm giving up on the lotto.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 7: No, you haven't let me finish since quick pick it is now Listen, that's like my maden Listen. I the quick pick has not worked for me all these years, and I have just decided now I'm gonna go in.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna pick my own numbers and say not just scratchers.
Speaker 7: We're still gonna do the Loto, Yeah, Mega millions and power Ball. It's just I always do quick pick, and I haven't had any success, so it's time to just start putting my own numbers in question.
Speaker 1: You have often said the problem, and we'll use the word un alive, that you would unlive yourself if you picked all the same numbers and the one time you didn't and then those numbers hit. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I may not pick the same numbers every time, but I'm gonna pick my numbers.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna go in there. Why you haven't won? I think that's it.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna get the little dots and I'm gonna fill it in, hand it to them and let them do it. Instead of just saying five quick picks. No no, no, no no more. The quick pick is dead to me.
Speaker 8: Rooting for you, Eddie, I'm taking a break from yelling at my kids games. That's big, this is serious. Yeah, it's gotten out of control. My kids are saying, like, Dad, stop yelling. My wife hits me with her elbow, stop yelling, like And I don't realize.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things when you're watching the game.
Speaker 8: Dude, you're just in it and you're just yelling stuff, and then you realize that you're the only one yelling and everyone can hear you.
Speaker 1: I gotta stop doing it.
Speaker 3: When you say stuff, what's the stuff?
Speaker 1: Like past the ball? What are you doing? If you heard you, would you be annoyed absolutely about this whole show. When I talk, Oh my gosh, I feel like if I heard me talk, i'd be so annoying. But that's what you do. I know, I know, but I don't stop. You don't curse anything, right.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, it's just I feel like I feel like I'm playing a video game and whatever I yell at them, they're going to do.
Speaker 1: But that's not even the case. That's good though, that you can recognize that unless you did it and someone told you and you're changing peas like your wife, well, my wife says it like every game. Man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Now are you taking a break because this offseason or are you taking We got games tonight.
Speaker 1: Man, and I'm gonna practice it tonight. So what will you do? You'll cheer. I'm gonna cross my arm and then no, you'll cheer. You just won't express disdain through direction? Sure like that sucks. You should do this. Not gonna do that? No commentary. How old and how old are the kids ten and nine? You ever fight? You ever yelled the umpire or the referee? For sure they ever look at you and be like shut up. I don't really yell.
Speaker 8: At them because they're sometimes they're far away, but if they're next to me, like I said, I sit on the sideline, they're next to me, I'll be like, that's a bad call.
Speaker 1: What about the coach? Who do you yell?
Speaker 5: More?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: Not the coach because that'll backfire on me because he's the coach and he won't play my kid that kind of.
Speaker 1: Hey, good job, everybody, We're all going to grow here. I can appreciate that. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. You can go to podcast two or you can wait till podcast two comes out. Thank you all This is me letting you know because of all the messages that this is the end of the first half of the podcast. Thank you all right, This is the end of the first half of the podcast.