Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 2: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 1: Now, your hosts, Nate.
Speaker 2: Newton, Kirk Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: It's football.
Speaker 5: We weed.
Speaker 6: You look alive at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is seventy nine degrees and drizzly with a high of eighty two or low of seventy one.
Speaker 7: He is Nate, This is Kurt, he is Shannon. In the back is Chris Beam. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent the Braill people. When we speak, did the kids get in on that one? No, they didn't. I'm upset.
Speaker 1: I'm up.
Speaker 7: I'm upset that they missed the opportunity to get in on that one.
Speaker 6: You do need to redo, get them on the mic, get him ready. But while we're waiting, our show is brought to you. Each and every day by wingstop or whatever gets its we.
Speaker 7: That is Nate, This is Kurt, he is Shannon in the back, Chris Beam and company. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent the Braill people.
Speaker 1: That's what I did there.
Speaker 6: We got some guests, some guests in the production room today.
Speaker 1: That's what I needed. That's all right, that's the energy you start.
Speaker 8: Yeah man, we got what's today? Tuesday?
Speaker 6: So we have what one two more days until football is officially back?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, what are y'all excited? Nature got all your foot fantasy drafts done?
Speaker 1: I don't do that fantasy. Just the last month has been fantasy wishing rookies to show.
Speaker 8: Up, so many questions.
Speaker 6: Cowboys are two and a half point underdogs still going into Sunday, which is wild kind of I guess depends on how you look at it. How do y'all feel about that? You think they should be? Should be underdogs.
Speaker 7: Going into Cleveland usually get three for being home right early in the year, So that.
Speaker 6: Is I know Cleveland's one of the sexier picks. Is an up and coming team?
Speaker 7: Or they are they?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 7: Are they that good?
Speaker 6: I mean, should we.
Speaker 7: I think defensively there they are strong because.
Speaker 1: Of that one big no.
Speaker 7: Not even I mean, I mean they got a bunch of veterans. They got a bunch of veteran guys up front. But yes, don't let's not. Let's not gloss over that led by the defensive player of the.
Speaker 1: Year you're talking about.
Speaker 7: You're talking about what a big.
Speaker 1: Black man that you like. I know, I get it, I understand. I tell you, like Deric Henry and him, I'll tell you what we're gonna do. What we gonna do. We're not going too far. We're gonna try to get a distant shot of these guys uh not going in and out of the shower. But you know, I'm gonna get you a job. Shoutowa, Josh boy. But the biggest thing about.
Speaker 11: It all, the biggest thinking about as much Yesthm standing over there about oh man, and we got.
Speaker 6: Kids in they got the trust, thank god Christ.
Speaker 10: But Josh is in here.
Speaker 1: You can't here.
Speaker 7: It's what Deshaun Watson shows up like. That's that's the biggest thing for Cleveland. And we'll get you know, tomorrow we kind of get into our breakdowns and all that. But it's that defense is a stout, it is a veteran defense. It's a good defense led by the defensive player of the year. I think that the sexy part about Cleveland is the the unknown, but the possibilities of Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 1: What could be?
Speaker 6: What could be that hasn't really had a chance because of all the stuff that's been.
Speaker 7: Going, the injuries and the court stuff and all that kind of stuff. If he finds a way to get back to that Houston Deshaun Watson when he was dragging those teams to the playoffs, they got something. But if he's if he's washed, then they'll just be one of those teams that middle of the pack. Middle of the pack play you play you really difficult, but just can't get over the hunk because they don't have it offensively.
Speaker 1: So it's Cleveland, Pittsburgh, who's in there?
Speaker 9: Baltimore, Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that, because they it ain't nothing nice. He's gonna have to play. Yeah, yes, sir, because that's the new Black and Blue Division.
Speaker 6: Because you have the pieces now in Cleveland. You just hadn't seen the pieces in action together like so, I think that's where you know everybody's you know, kind of like I guess, kind of like the Cowboys in a way. We got a lot of new pieces, especially in the backfield.
Speaker 8: How's that gonna play? How did that?
Speaker 7: How did that all right?
Speaker 8: Good question?
Speaker 6: Kurt Kirk kind of hit it in his notes. We tried the We're just gonna jump, it's gonna work. We tried this work receiver by committee. Is that different? Is that much different by the position with the pieces you have?
Speaker 1: Though? Much different? To me? Explain what can make it ugly for the running backs if these guys up front on hurry up in jail. But if these guys upfront hurry up in jail, I think we have enough right now as we say. I think it will work with Zeke, with Rico O'Donnell, with lift Key, I think it'll work. I think Mike McCarthy can get up, can march up enough run game. But it all depends on what these five guys do up front. And I'm not expecting them to do anything special against Cleveland or maybe New Orleans or the Giants. They need time to jail. But I think this thing is all right, And I would really like to hear what Jess say has to say about that.
Speaker 7: The difficulty for me is when you talk about wide receiver by committee and running back by committee is running backs need reps. That's how they get there. They get their engine going, you know what I mean? Like they because what you're gonna get your look on first down different than you look on third down. Look the first series is different than the look in the third series. And you know, you know, my boy baseball guy, it's like a pitcher. Once he goes through the rotation a couple of times, they don't want pitches to go through, but so many times because now you only got but a handful of pitches, and now that they've seen him, you gotta you know, your vantage goes to the batter unless you just unless you just rolling. If these if Mike McCarthy has this plan of giving each one of these guys a series or how the reps will be distributed, because I do think they're gonna elevate because you have three elevations with with Dalvin Cook. I do think you're gonna see an elevation with Dalvin Cook. Yes, they're ramping them up, but I do think they're gonna be an elevation with Dovin Cook may be up for this week. And if not Dalvin Cooked, then it's uh is going to be Doucevan. So how these reps distributed? Because if I'm Rico, I'm saying, if you gave me five, let's just say we go out there, we three and n punk. I didn't break a sweat in three plays?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: And now do I get the next series? Or do you give Zeke the next series? And if Zeke goes in there they do seven plays of punk. I ain't really quite got the my lith of going just quite yet. Now I'm doct Rico. Now reco gotta recalibrate and figure out. Okay, I this looked this first down. They're gonna have something different than third series.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work that way with running backs.
Speaker 7: It does work that way, it don't it.
Speaker 1: Don't it? Don't you talking about nineteen seventy five. You're talking about when M and and I played. These backs are always on goal. They yes, they are the only thing that separate backs is there is Okay, what does this guy do better than this guy? You know, you tell me which which guy? Besides when he had Darsey Eleven's I think I think he was with Darshia Elevens, who had just multiple carries, multiple carriers, multiple carriers. These guys stay on set like in college. They stay set and ready to go. Now it's gonna translated to the pros unless you have that Jonathan Taylor that's at the coach that's hey, I'm running every I'll tell you when I'm tired. They do that now. Zeke is even built for that. Now, this is how they're gonna do it. The back. The problem is at wide receiver. That's why you had a problem. And it ain't that they not setting ready to go. They just got a different mindset. They y'all just hogs. Y'all just want the ball, These brunning backs, they don't realize I gotta stay setting, ready to go because when my series come, I gotta be on point.
Speaker 7: They did talk to them, right, But that's when you that's when you're rushing and you're missing the hole that you're supposed to begin to because I'm trying to get a home run play because I only get one series right now, gota wait till the.
Speaker 1: Ness the game go on. They'll find their rhythm. Jet I'm telling you now, I don't trust me we're good, trust me. No, No, we ain't good until we know what them fire front?
Speaker 5: How much how much of the run game problems was who you had at center and is gonna be able to make a big difference.
Speaker 7: That's where I sit back and I say.
Speaker 1: You gotta wait, because when you look at the film, look at the film is both of them were susceptible to the quick move to the to the quick move on past rush. But the difference was when BB hooked into him and when he didn't, and when you know, when he last it stopped. Whereas your boys struggled a little bite. He don't have to just he's he's mean, he's honery, but he don't have that, just that bulk in that and I guess that man strength just to stop somebody and shut him down. BB does from what we've seen, just an upgrade over uh. I just want him to play because I saw this against second teamers, you know, And I didn't see him a lot against the first team. For the first few weeks. All I saw him against was a lot of the second team and the second When they did the pastors, they had first team and second team. He was always with the second team, So we This is a big question mark. That's why I say I ain't worry about the running backs. I don't worry about how quick these guys can jail up front. Fortunately for him, you have two Pro Bowlers sitting next to him. But the tackle out there, he's been to dance with some ugly folks. And we'll get into that. He's been to dance with some ugly folks.
Speaker 6: Now, who worries you the most out of the starting rookies or where not worries you the most? But where's your area of concern the most? I guess guiding BB or Carson.
Speaker 1: I ain't worry about it. I ain't worry about Carson's. They can help him, but they can't help number number number of big boy they're guiding. I mean, they can't help him. They can't. They can't help him. Where you're gonna because is Darius Smith got five point five tackle sacks. Your boy got fourteen sacks, and they got another cat that had five sacks. Like I said, we don't need to be getting into this, but it's gonna be. So where do you put And still, like you said, it's Friday, I mean last week still has been through that year, But we need to know mentally because still ain't never been that great dancer. You know, he's type of guy if you run enough and he laid hands on you enough, then he's get confident. When he get confident, he's not a grizzly bath. But if he didn't get confidence, we saw what could happen last year. So I'm trying is he mentally there yet? You talked about that with last Tuesday or Wednesday, and I anytime.
Speaker 7: It's always difficult to talk offensive lineman when you sit across from this dude, right because what.
Speaker 1: But now you got right?
Speaker 7: So for me, like my biggest concern out of those three is Cooper BB.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the reason being because I do think you can for guiding Akolna tied end out there. I can have a backchip out there, I can roll away from him like I can do things in the in the grand scheme of trying to put I ain't gonna Chaz Greenham right, Like remember the Chaz green game in Atlanta. What Jason Garrett just said, you know what, he's a her and and you know you you gave Adrian clay bow on the Pro Bowl game, got him paid and Pro Bowl bedding one in one game. So I just think there are ways now you can't can't protect them both.
Speaker 1: But for Dak is.
Speaker 7: What is what is the greatest need for Dak, and I think he is better with Even if big Boy gets beat on the outside, Dak can step up, slide to the left, still keep his eye down the field, delivering the ball down the field. But it's if if Cooper is struggling with those passes, those those pass rush moves, and now that pocket is is collapsing from the middle right, that's where Dak struggles because now he's trying to throw over the pressure of the ball, Sales, it's out wide, it's it's in the dirt, you know what I mean. So I think and there's no way to really help that because if they want to, if Sefanski and company wanted to, I posted on my Twitter and I can't get the image out of my mind. Remember the image of Miles Garrett standing over the top of the center doing the basketball dribble. Right, So I can line it up to where those guards gotta go outside and block, those tackles gotta go outside and block. And we did it last year with Micah right we watched that film and then next thing we you know Dan Kuble doing it with Michael Parsons right lining them up over the center, bring enough pressure where those guards couldn't help down, you know, with the center. And so if BB is susceptible to that you're talking about in Miles Garrett, you're talking about size, power, strength, agility, athleticism. So when you do it every single down, no, but you'll do it enough to where now is Cooper looking over top of him, is saying, oh, and not a snap is bad?
Speaker 3: Right? It is it?
Speaker 7: Does he have enough right now? And there's no way to really help that. There's no way to help that help the center like that if they want to bring the pressure.
Speaker 1: If they want to do that, just a bare look. All he's saying is just a bare looking You get a barrel looks simply by bringing two linebackers in there are putting two tackles right there, letting him go free, letting the linebacker go free. So either way, it's that barrel look that scares you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you slot those those tackles over top of your guards, they can't help out. Their responsibility is the god standing over the top of him. Yes, right, and now maybe if the guy goes out, he can kind of bull push out then get back help hand inside or half a body inside.
Speaker 1: But ninetime attend, that'd be too late.
Speaker 7: That's where my concern lies.
Speaker 5: What about just to hit them all for Carson, I mean, he's not on an island out there. How can you help him out when he's trying to cover Mari Cooper or they're overloaded one side and that kind of thing.
Speaker 9: How do you help that rookie out zone that?
Speaker 1: What I was gonna say, That's what I talked about last week is you you got it every now and then. That ain't the nature of how you These ain't that's going against who they are. But sometime that helps. When you just zone, keep that guy in front of you, play the situation, you know, laid it down. You come a little closer when when it's the shorter but you gotta you gotta have some type of zone back there.
Speaker 7: And that's that goes back to well Mike McCart McCarthy with Zim told me in training camp is the unpredictability of this defense. Whenever we're gonna blitz, who's gonna blitz from what side? We blitzer from from what depth of we blitzed from right. It's keeping that quarterback always guessing so that he didn't have time to really pick on a guy. You know what I'm saying. Like, And that's the thing about de Sean Watson is which one is showing up? Because if you get the really good one, now he gets to rolling on. Now you can start picking on anybody. But but you got to mix it up some zone some man you know, you could you could, you could cloud cover it. I mean, there's a bunch of different things that you can do when you don't have to lead that young man on an island, you know, down in and down out.
Speaker 6: That's surprised to see it because because my answer would have been that, my answer would have been the corner, No rookie corner, least.
Speaker 7: Of my words.
Speaker 1: My thing is, and you brought this up last week, I'm still well it's trayvon is did you see anything in preseason that really makes you think that he's on target right now?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: And seeing till that's these are all the questions we got. We have to propose how ourselves and to the fans, is you you will not get a chance to really and I said every year, but this year here is on time. You ain't gonna know these guys. The four or five games in where tray von at, how is uh Carson holding up? Howards these two, this guard, this and this tackle. We're gonna be asking these questions. And don't forget this court. This coach here, he likes to run the ball. So we're gonna be asking how our middle of our defense is holding up. So these are just main four or five main questions. You gonna need an answer this because we running into teams that's gonna try us in that way. They're gonna try us.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 6: All right, We're gonna try to take a break real quick when we come back.
Speaker 8: What does the deal with Dak's contract?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 8: What's a hold up?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 8: When we come back?
Speaker 1: I hang on the get it, He'll get it somewhere.
Speaker 13: So how's Wingstop sound? Christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop ranch, and of course, spicy Cajun fried Corn.
Speaker 1: I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 2: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 1: Press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Fall is here and that.
Speaker 3: Means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo ki Hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 1: To Hanging with the boys.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot Com. All right, question for you guys, can we.
Speaker 1: Get a little more enthusiasm next time for blockchain? Thank you, Thank you blockchainlock Come you already on, You're already on, you already already, you already question for you, guys, you already.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you something in the break that you'll appreciate that's based off that question for you.
Speaker 8: Dak said it will say a lot.
Speaker 6: If there isn't a contract before the season.
Speaker 1: Jesse Dak said, it would say a lot. Jesse tell us about a lot?
Speaker 8: Is this because I know this happens.
Speaker 6: This happens in negotiations.
Speaker 8: It's happening with Trent Williams right now.
Speaker 1: Like it happens then, told Trent come on in. We got a bag for you real quick.
Speaker 8: You just sit down.
Speaker 6: We won't let you leave until we both So is this becoming Does it even matter to players current? I guess on your current roster and potential signings in the future. That seems to happen here a lot more. Maybe it's just because we keep up with the team, but it seems like these deals are getting done way in advance at other places, but they keep coming down to the wire or past the wire.
Speaker 8: And so does that matter to players at all?
Speaker 6: Or is it just Hey, it's part of doing business, and when it's when the deal's right, the deal's right.
Speaker 1: I always believe it came down to individual players and how they value you at that moment, you know, like we like we sit over here saying, you know, I like to he Jesse said, and knew it and a.
Speaker 6: Few other guys, fluid, it's always fluid.
Speaker 1: Don't just hold me to it. It's fluid, mister Jones all, but it's fluid with him. I mean, depending on who you are, he's gonna either pull you in there and and give you the salt and pepper shaker. This is this, and this is this, and this is you and we don't need you no more. So I mean that what he told, He told this told he you know, so, I don't know. I don't know about I like I QB. I like IQB, but I don't know, you know, I don't have that first string to pull. I like that.
Speaker 6: So, and if you're DAK, you probably don't care because you're like, I'm getting the biggest bag in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 9: Sounded like he cared the other day.
Speaker 1: He's kind of like does he though? Yeah, in training camp it was like the whole home. But a week before we see these side, it's like, are you going to side? So Jesse, once again, I think Cee.
Speaker 7: Eloquently said it. After he got this deal done, he said, I'll know next time how to handle this. That knows how to handle this, right, He's been through this, He's been through them. Already saying he's been through them, you know, trying to lowball them. He's been through He's been through all of the mumbo jumbo, all of the media jargon, all of the he says, she say, all of the Jerry isms, all of the Hey, you think you're gonna bring this other guy in and as a as a chess piece that didn't work out, by the way, that's like, I'm good, and I think, yeah, I think he's to that point. But I do think if nothing, if no deal is done between now and Sunday three point thirty, whatever it is, I do think that he takes a mental note for that and go, Okay, now when we now, when we do get back to the table, when we do get back to the table, I wasn't gonna give you a deal to start with.
Speaker 8: But maybe the price went up a little bit.
Speaker 7: Oh, the price will definitely go up because what's now going to happen is I'm no longer working on your schedule. Once I get to the off season, everything runs through me because now I'm free to go out here and be wined and dined and told I'm pretty by every other organization in the league in need.
Speaker 5: When was the last time we had a top ten, maybe even top five quarterback hit free agency.
Speaker 6: And about a top five or ten player period.
Speaker 7: And that's the thing, is that you're gonna you're gambling in a place. And from the business perspective, I get it. Jerry's like, I know, I'm about to pay you a lot of money, but I would like to see us get somewhere. But that's that's the thing about him waiting for so long because the deal could have been different if you went on to get it last year.
Speaker 1: You don't let these other guys.
Speaker 7: You don't let the true because no way in the world I'm gonna let you tell me that Trevor Lawrence is gonna get paid more money than me now. Now before I might have just got the you know, fifty something million and they did what they did. But you you let him get the free agency. Man, I think you're dealing with a different cat. I think you're dealing with a different cat, and you're running the risk of whatever your number was, someone coming in and blowing it out the water. And at the end of the day, money talks. I don't care what our own relationship wise, all that kind of stuff wise. But if some team gonna pull a trigger and say, well, I think he's sixty five million.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 6: If you get to the season, you to me as a staff, you you know that's making this decisions on this.
Speaker 1: You have to be prepared.
Speaker 6: You have to have your plan in place when you get to the season, because just like Jesse said, like, okay, it's time for If I'm him, it's time for football. I'm not talking about this unless you come at me with some stupid number, like you know, sixty five. But I'm gonna i'm you.
Speaker 8: Show me it wasn't that important.
Speaker 6: It's not that important. What's important to me is winning the Super Bowl. Let's go do that and then we can really talk.
Speaker 8: But I think you've got to be prepared.
Speaker 1: Like if he won a super Bowl, Jones and Gleueen's worry about it. He goes just ask me how much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, at that point time, he had no choice.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: At that time, though, if he goes to the NFC Championship game, I'm asking for seventy million, Yeah, he's gonna ask you, Oh yeah, easy, yeah, I'm asking for seventy Yeah.
Speaker 5: They're saying right now that the hang up is the year years that's what it is, Dak was the first time around, Dak wanted a shorter deal, so get hit it again. Now he wants a longer deal. Are the Cowboys right given that lack of playoff success? Or the Cowboys right to say, no, we don't want a five, seven, ten year deal. I want to three or four see what you you know, finally prove.
Speaker 1: What one thing before Jesse to get into one thing I've always noticed about the Cowboys, and this don't matter was Troy Emmitt. Up until now, they always left themselves a back door to get out of something about two or three years, even if it looked at bad, even if it was twenty million. Oh, they already uncalculated. Believe me, they calculating if they have da and if they don't trust me, you know, we all know this. But they always need themself a back door. That longer deal leaves them less of a back door. That shorter deal and their eyesight leaves them a back door to get out of there. And uh that Dak saying, you know what, I'm trying to close all loopholes. I'm trying to close all loop holes.
Speaker 7: You know, as businessmen, they have every right as businessmen they have every right because I'm paying you for the Lombardi right to give me a chance to win. The lombardis not twelve or five, not lely, I'm my I'm paying you and looking for my my my ROI my return on investment is Lombardy like, That's what I'm looking for when I pay you. And so they, whether we feel right about it or wrong about it, they are in there. They are in the right to make any decision that they want to make as businessmen, because yes, the ultimate goal has been too and and it's and it's maybe unfair because this is a football is the ultimate team sport. But we put a lot of onus on the quarterback, right, and we put a lot of onus on the quarterback to get us passed or over or through any of the other deficiencies that we may have on our roster or in a game or in a series or whatever it may be, or in the time of the season. But they have the right, they have the right to say that you didn't give us what we felt we paid for. And that is at this point in time, the playoff wins. So yeah, feel how you feel about it from a business perspective. If you were sitting in the seat of having to now to sign a check for three hundred million dollars or two hundred and fifty whatever, then money million, money, money is you have to make that. You have to make that decision. You're talking about a quarter of a billion dollars that you're getting ready to pay out to a player. And if you feel in your heart of hearts, this is just if you feel this, and this is not me, this is I'm saying that if I was sitting in that seat, if I felt that this wasn't the dude in my quiet time, not what I say in front of the media, not what I try to sell to advertising on. If I set my quiet time and I felt in my spirit he ain't the dude, he ain't the guy that can get hist there, then hell yeah, I'm gonna be like, you know what, here's my number.
Speaker 1: And you know what Fellas that's why you know and I don't know if y'all I know Jesse to do he like thinking this. That's why when you look at Tom Brady or this kid in Cincinnati, are this kid in Kansas City? That's that's why. Because those guys, these scouts will McLay look at these guys and say that's the man. Because whether you have a good offensive line or not, whether you have great wide receivers or not, whether your defense is missing his key player, these guys seen to continue to win against big opponents. And that's why I said, That's why I said last week, Able three three, Able three, one two three. Two of them the last three Super Bowls, and one of them are tired. Rest of them is just great quarterbacks. Rest of them is just good quarterbacks. And that fits into good quarterback. Jesse, will you pay him?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: Kurt?
Speaker 1: Will you pay him?
Speaker 8: You should have seen the look on Jesse.
Speaker 1: Will you pay him? Will you pay him?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because it's just what's my alternative?
Speaker 6: And you know that's what a lot of the the a lot of fans are like, he can't win you the game. It's like, Okay, if I'm and what I'm thinking, what you're thinking is the same thing. If I don't pay him, oh, I go I got Cooper Rush, or I go drafted guy that even if I get up to the top five picks and I get a even if you get the top quarterback and it's still fifty fift.
Speaker 1: How do you get that, and then you rebuild it, Like, how do you get that?
Speaker 8: Because you just crap the season away? How forfeit every game you're.
Speaker 1: Still playing like he's going to play this year.
Speaker 8: He's he gonna do everything he can't to screw your draft pickup.
Speaker 10: Not even now.
Speaker 7: But at the end of the day, if you're saying I'm not gonna pay him, then I gotta go out here and actually.
Speaker 1: Perform because this is my all this shit.
Speaker 7: So if I can go drag this team to ten wins, eleven wins and then the and if this draft capital that it would take to go from twenty seventeen eighteen, nineteen twenty.
Speaker 6: To get a good quarterback to get to the top five, you mortgage two futures.
Speaker 1: Just look what the forty nine ers gave up three first rounders to move a gut. Look look what Kansas City did to just get the number ten for mahomes. But they knew they got and they didn't care. It took me two months after they lost the Green Bay of Sulking and then one day it hit me They're like, okay, without that, let's do the games.
Speaker 7: Oh well, I think right.
Speaker 6: And the frustrating thing is like, you don't have a better option, there's no better option, but the playoff performance isn't there. And as a fan, that's frustrating because you're like, you know Dak is going to get you there, you know he's it's just you haven't you haven't seen it, and it's just like what do you do? But any fan out there that's like, just get rid of him and go draft a quarterback, You're insane.
Speaker 1: Just get rid of You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: You don't know anything about football.
Speaker 1: Because three or four games, yeah, ye, three years?
Speaker 7: Right, The Cowboys have been extremely fortunate, if not lucky, right in the last twenty years, easily at quarterback since Tony. You you you just so happened to be able to outbid who was the out who do they give more money? There was Tony was going to us for more money?
Speaker 1: Was it Carolina?
Speaker 9: It was with Peyton?
Speaker 7: Wasn't norns No, because Sean was still here.
Speaker 1: Sean was here.
Speaker 9: It was it was Denver, Denver.
Speaker 7: So you just so happened to win that that little situation because he was on his way to somewhere else, right, and then you just so happened to have to have Drew blutsoe get hurt, and then you you just so happened to have arguably one of the top ten coaches develop him. And then you had ten eleven years of what how many times you had with Tony?
Speaker 9: Nine?
Speaker 7: Ten years with Tony?
Speaker 9: Yeah, six to sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you had ten and.
Speaker 6: Then you had some bad luck in the draft and somebody got the guy that you wanted.
Speaker 9: Thank god, yeah.
Speaker 1: Got you this time.
Speaker 7: And then you lucked up on his kid who took Tony to break his back, call him to break his ankle, and Jamil showered to go play safety.
Speaker 1: And will mcclady say, give him a chance and him.
Speaker 6: To stick with him after he practiced not so great, and because he couldn't practice at all the beginning, it was bad.
Speaker 1: It was terrible. Then he got in the game, it was.
Speaker 9: Like, Oh, wasn't Garrett like beating him in the post practice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that made me knew the kid could play. Was all the receivers, through all the bad practices. I'm listening to all the receivers, I still like him. It's something about him. I'm telling all the receivers like it's something about him, Like, oh, this dude can't even be Garrett throwing in the trash.
Speaker 7: Now, maybe the Cowboys have the luck of the line off drafting offensive lineman and the luck of finding the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Maybe they maybe they sit on that.
Speaker 7: Maybe they sit on that and say, you know what, in our vision, we trust we found Tony, we found Dak, We'll find the next one. And that can be the arrogance, the good arrogance that if you don't find it, if you don't find him, you don't find it, but you know, to get you to the next guy.
Speaker 6: All right, let's talk some more football when we come back out of our last break, won't I hanging with the boys?
Speaker 2: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named.
Speaker 8: The twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys. How's wing stop sound? Christy Juicy Classic wings made to order, Cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch and of course spicy casun fried cool. I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 3: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve GUACAMOLEI made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo ki Hero's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the.
Speaker 1: Press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 12: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 8: Welcome back to the final segment.
Speaker 6: Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Listen Up, Fellas.
Speaker 6: Seven to eleven is teaming up with Fanatics to give you the chance to be a VIP at the next Fanatics Fest. From now until October twenty ninth, use the seven Rewards app at checkout to be entered for a chance to win when picking up products like Slurpy, Big Gulp and Tiketos.
Speaker 8: No purchase necessary terms applied.
Speaker 7: Do you got any of you have a seven eleven joint? A little?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 7: Seven eleven? Oh the app not the awards, but the rewards.
Speaker 1: Uh uh no, No, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: Man I do. God saved me eleven cents on gas the other day. Yeah, per gallon a gallon eleven it's pretty solid, man, That's what I'm saying, because I don't know if I'm gonna go to the Phanatic the Fanatic party, I would be save on that gas. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 10: There you go.
Speaker 7: Eleven cent, eleven cent that's per gallon, per gallon. Oh okay, yeah, do you is it just for being.
Speaker 6: A rewards member or do you have to like save up points and then.
Speaker 7: Point Yeah you get points for every person. Yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah, so you know you're going there.
Speaker 6: And buy an energy drink and you know, slim jazz.
Speaker 7: And that little for me, thank you, that's for you, for you right there.
Speaker 1: But now it's it's one of those things.
Speaker 7: You know, you look up and you'll be like, okay, you seven eleven, appreciate you just for putting on your phone number.
Speaker 1: Ye there you go?
Speaker 8: All right, fellas Kurt, where you want to take this last five minutes?
Speaker 9: I don't know what looks good? Do anything?
Speaker 7: We know it looks good to him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, look at these ideas, you know, how do you guys, how do you guys feel about McCarthy being on the last year of his contract.
Speaker 7: I think it's a good thing, bad thing, doesn't matter what he signed up for.
Speaker 6: And when do you get that done after the season, during the season do you wait till the first nine games and then make a decision.
Speaker 1: We're going through the scheduling pick win.
Speaker 6: Yet we're doing that later in the week.
Speaker 9: We do that on Friday.
Speaker 1: Lots of fans acting if Atlance can be used as Cordell Stewart's fish type player. That's a possibility, that's our.
Speaker 6: By the way Nates Nate's going through, I don't know if that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Though, he would have to be number two.
Speaker 10: He had the number two quarterback.
Speaker 8: Is the Dalvin Cook thing?
Speaker 7: Is that official?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: He's in the Price squad, number twenty.
Speaker 8: How do y'all feel about that?
Speaker 6: I don't think we talked about that.
Speaker 7: We don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 10: I don't care.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 6: Is he Is he going to get to play?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: If history, if history continues the way it's continued, Rico Dodo won't be healthy the whole season.
Speaker 6: M hmm.
Speaker 7: That's just what history says. So eventually he gonna get the call up.
Speaker 9: He is healthy. Is he the leading rusher who? Yes, he's healthy.
Speaker 7: If he's healthy, if Rico, here's the thing, Rico is a damn good back. If he can stay healthy like that is his that is his achilles heel. If he can stay healthy, we won't have this conversation about Zeke and Dalvin and and and Deuce because Rico will be else.
Speaker 1: It will be Rico.
Speaker 7: And who's gonna give him a blow when he Who's going to give him a breather.
Speaker 1: When he needs?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 1: Because I would breather and you're supposed to be my boy, and you didn't. You can't look curse typingles like that? Who's going to give Rico a breather?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: When he gets tired?
Speaker 6: Her first regular shows the season, we couldn't even get through it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Kurt, I saw what made me stop. I saw Kirkles.
Speaker 1: You turned your face like he was typing something, and I said, he said, sometimes I can't even associated with that.
Speaker 7: I can't even I can't be associated with that.
Speaker 8: You're gonna look out this one.
Speaker 1: Right? He stopped typing everything.
Speaker 9: He said, I knew what was coming. That's the problem.
Speaker 8: Alright, Let's just go good seeing y'all. It's good to be back here.
Speaker 7: J What are we doing tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Every day is one o'clock? Now, Yeah, Wednesday day Offense?
Speaker 7: Whose defense?
Speaker 8: So tomorrow is what Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Let's do? What do you want to do?
Speaker 8: Cowboys office?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, let's do Cowboys Offense, Cleveland Defense, and then Friday will do our picks.
Speaker 8: Every day this week one o'clock.
Speaker 6: Who's before us and after us?
Speaker 1: Chris mixed shots?
Speaker 10: Excuse me? Shots is before you and the players lounges after you.
Speaker 7: At two o'clock at two o'clock.
Speaker 6: Very nice? All right, well, Chris, thanks for keeping us on their It's good to be back. Thanks for letting the kids participate in the show.
Speaker 8: Open the school child.
Speaker 9: They're out, they're out.
Speaker 10: I don't know just for today.
Speaker 7: I don't know just today, the whole week, yesterday.
Speaker 6: And today they get it is that for Labor Day they got an extended labor day for some reason. That's kind of cool for kids they just.
Speaker 1: Got back into school. You can tell real parents they want their kids just get away from me.
Speaker 8: Jazz, thanks for keeping Chris company.
Speaker 1: Josh.
Speaker 7: What you're doing, Josh is cool with us, man. Josh's he is. We're not gonna mess with Josh.
Speaker 6: Remember his name the rest of the year. We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place, hanging with the boys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.