Speaker 1: This episode is sponsible by game Time Ticket and App. The start of the NBA season is underway and you don't want to miss the hype atmosphere watching the basketball game live.
Speaker 2: Energy of the fans at the beginning of the season is incredible. And game Time has a new feature called game Time Picks that makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier, and it filters out of the fluff to show you incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets.
Speaker 1: I like using the game Time app when I want to attend a concert or comedy show. Game Time Ticket and App is the only ticketing app that gives you complete peace of mind with your purchase. I really like the all end pricing because it shows how much I'm going to have to pay.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the game Time app right now and it's easy to find different tickets and different price points. The NBA season is beginning and I know your favorite team is going to need your support.
Speaker 1: Take the guests work out of buying tickets with games Ticks, download the game Time Out, creating an account, and use cold Green for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again creating account and redeem code g R E E N for twenty dollars off. Download game time today? What time is it?
Speaker 3: Game time? What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with my brother.
Speaker 4: Everybody's speaking that Green fucking fantassee okay, sleeper.
Speaker 3: Hey j eighty points, eighty points, eighty points. Wow, let's go. Let's go eighty points.
Speaker 5: Talk.
Speaker 3: You're not playing, bro, Defensive Flair of the Year.
Speaker 4: Let me after, I got, I got, I gotta, I gotta run it real quick. I gotta, I gotta run the program. Hold on, show you what you did? Will you already know what you did? But Defensive Player of the Year candidate Draymond Green went eighteen eight five one block, oh, no steals though only two fouls and two turnovers. No I had a steal. They shortened me. You know what they did? Y'all gotta stop doing my dog like that. Deflections are steals in Jmond Green's world.
Speaker 3: It's rough. We gotta get that that deep? What is it? That's a fact. You know how you feeling on the road, bro? You know what I'm saying? So I feel great, brother. I kicked it last night. We tried.
Speaker 1: And when we got in here to the Boston, I'm by the way, this is this hotel bringing me great memories. Man, I was recording podcasts in this hotel. A win in the final, this is great. But you know, we got to Boston and I sat in my room and kicked him a try. And every now and then used to be more frequently, but you know they, yeah, they start to grow up on you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Every now and then, though, I get a text And when I get this text message BD, it be my rook, my young fella. He'll hit me and he say, hey, man, can I come through? And he just come through and he just sit and listen to me talk and I just try to give him a bunch of game and we just sit and chop it up. And we sat here till folk something in the morning last night with my young fella, my Rook, who I have the honor of welcome in to the show today more money.
Speaker 3: As I'm excited to welcome the champ to the show. You know, we.
Speaker 1: Always talk about things that you need something to talk about, you know what I'm saying, And like in this league just saying I'm in the league.
Speaker 3: Ain't enough, Like you need.
Speaker 1: Something to talk about and you yourself, which means me myself and the way I feel just when they got you a badratulations you signed the extension pay for with the Warriors, your first extension. How does it feel to get that first extension? And did you go by yourself something once you got that?
Speaker 6: So you know, being in the NBA, you get there, you got this, You got this image of what the NBA is like and what it is as a kid growing up. But then just like going through life and everything and just being able to separate the tune between the NBA and their real life and just having that like financial stability, like that life changing money, life changing situations. It needs it to take that for granted when you stuck in the NBA world, but separating it, you're really able to appreciate what that is, what you're doing it for.
Speaker 5: So the first extension, it was amazing for me, just appreciative of.
Speaker 6: It and just just kind of solidified stuff for me a little bit and now you can just hoop and have fun with it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's when everything for me.
Speaker 3: And would you say, is that is that motivation?
Speaker 4: You know, like because usually you sign that contract, you're like, all right, here here's what I did. I committed to this. Now you know what what what is the next pans?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so and I try not to get too caught up and look like, you.
Speaker 5: Know what's next? What what I'm what I'm trying to get to next?
Speaker 6: And like because I've been working for this so hard, so first I want to be able to appreciate what I did and then being able to get that. But being this the NBA season, you got a game tomorrow, so you can't really basking it too long. Uh but yeah, just summer in the middle of it is, you know, it's working for the next thing. While I've been appreciating what I did.
Speaker 1: That's that's big time BD that you that you have. Like, what would you say your most lavish by was I probably bought like a house?
Speaker 3: I guess, Uh yeah, I probably bought a house.
Speaker 4: I bought a house in New Orleans, this big asshouse in the Garden District.
Speaker 3: That ship was haunted.
Speaker 4: Uh bro, I was scared as hell that shit was haunted. It took me like a year to remodel this ship. I had the worst year in my life. When I was remodeling next year, it was cracking, but yeah, it was a big and then the house turned into be the real World's house, Real World New Orleans.
Speaker 3: So they trashed my ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they you know when they took the toilet to the tooth brush, the one. Yeah, so I would say that was it. I bought a big ass house and didn't even need it. I mean, I ain't as smart as you, Moses, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I never bought my first house. I never bought my first house. My wife and I oh, perfect.
Speaker 6: I remember, I remember you was telling me. Jerry was in the locker room a day. He was telling me like before the before the side of the deal might even a year ago.
Speaker 5: So just talking about when you get it, just.
Speaker 6: The important to being that, like keep your money and investing it rather than tied it up and something too. So even even like getting getting a deal and everything. It's really that's really been the biggest thing I've been on just trying to learn figure out money, learn money because I ain't never.
Speaker 5: Had it before, So just figuring that out first.
Speaker 1: If there was one thing that I could do, I'm sorry, If there was one thing that I could do over again.
Speaker 3: The one thing I would.
Speaker 1: Tell a young guy to get their first big contract is that next year, after you just get that first big contract, live the same life absolutely on the rookie deal for at least a year.
Speaker 3: Because.
Speaker 1: If you could save more by living that same life, if you can get ahead on the savings that first year and help that next egg, then moving forward, it makes everything else wayler. But when you adjust your lifestyle the first year, then you start picking up the bigger building, you don't necessarily to save as much. Saying it so that that would be my advice, and getting that first one is like that for one year, the same apartment that you live in, live in that same apartment, the same car you drive, drive that same car, like all of those things.
Speaker 3: At least for the first year. Just keep all the same, Yeah, I would, it'll really help you get ahead.
Speaker 4: Is basketball is free. Everything you do in the NBA you get for free, you know what I mean? So what do you need all this money for?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: And so that that's a that's a good way to look at it.
Speaker 4: It's like, Yo, I live for free, I hoop for free, I go to the gym, I et for free, Like my lifestyle is free.
Speaker 3: So where do you need to go and spend you know, be an extravagant for.
Speaker 5: What you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And me and me being from like off a little rock, Arkansas, I ain't never had much growing up, so like so you know, some people ain't never had nothing. When they get something, they want to wile out. But I'm that ain't that ain't really me? Like, I ain't never had nothing, So I'm cool with not much honestly, so being able to because I heard somebody told me that a while ago, like you don't need to be rich when you're twenty years old. You need to be rich when you fifty, when you got kids and grandkids and whatever that then you need some money for real.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I ain't in too much to rest to change up.
Speaker 1: The problem with that is the earlier you get rich to better because there's this thing called compounding interest that the sooner you get the money, the more money it makes for you.
Speaker 3: So that must have been a broke person.
Speaker 1: That told you you ain't need to get Yeah, you need to have money, said it like you need to be you don't need to exploit or worry about being rich in your twenties, save your money, be rich in.
Speaker 3: Your fifty right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: But you older, you need to get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's great advice about saying that is great advice. I thought they were saying, who is this person talking to my dog?
Speaker 3: No, he got it right.
Speaker 1: All right, Now we got a question you you try to tell him him and need to have money until he's fifty. But moving into the you know, obviously what we all want to talk about season, it's just going into the season. You know, you're you're you're going into your you just started your fourth You're not going until you just started your fourth year. But just want to rewind a little bit, just going back to the beginning of the preseason. I felt like you approached this season with a different mindset and not a different mindset and as respect your work ethic, because I've always seen you work since you've been here.
Speaker 3: I always tell people like Kevan Looney is the most professional.
Speaker 1: Player I've ever played with when it comes to just being an absolute pro, and second to him is you. And you know your second because you just don't have the body of work and the length, but the way you've always gone about your business is admirable and respectable. But like I said, I felt like you approached this year, this preseason and this season with a different mindset. What was some of those goals that you set for yourself to come in with this new mindset and this you know, I felt like at times before you be aggressive and then like not no, and like now it's just like you're You're seemed more certain of what it is and who you are.
Speaker 3: Just talk to me about that and making that adjustment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So a lot of that was this summer, like going into it because as much as you know, you got to say levelheaded and not worried about whatever it is. Like I went into training camp with like I want to like I can sign a contract this year, not knowing what it's gonna be and trying to figure that out Like this is like so going into training camp kind of showing what I've been working on. But this summer I was working out at Proactive. I got dashed, and I was really learning a lot about footwork and how to be the guy. What was you trying to get to and stuff like that. And that was really big for me because my whole life I've been a hard worker, like I've been a work for it, but realizing that, like it's more about what you're working on and how hard you're working sometimes. So that was the biggest thing that switched for me this summer and going into the season. Even mine said why So that was being and I think that kind of showed a lot of the progress. But then to answer your question of the mindset going in and the difference of its kind of just been like, I know what to expect now.
Speaker 5: I know at the NBA, like I.
Speaker 6: Know what coaches is like this and that, and for me it's really just been I ain't I've been I'm trying to get playing time, trying to stay in the rotation, trying to do what the coach wont like. That was kind of the game that I played a lot earlier on. But then once you play that game long enough, you realize, Man, it's gonna go. It's gonna be how it's gonna be no matter what you do, honestly, So I'm just hoop and let it.
Speaker 5: Let all that go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that, you know, Steph returned and playing the Wizards Wizards game, I can't It's like a tongue twister.
Speaker 3: I can't say with it.
Speaker 4: With it, I said with a list, But before that, you started three games without Steph, you know, and you was bawling, And what I saw was, you know, stuff being active on the bench with you. Can you talk about you know how it felt, you know, how you feeling in those three games.
Speaker 3: But then also just a relationship.
Speaker 4: You know, as a young dude, you know, making this progress that you got with your vest like Steph and definitely dre.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, It's been an ideal situation for me coming into the league and having these vets, having these dudes. But something that I learned, like as I got older, is that just because you got the people there, don't mean you're gonna learn nothing from or don't mean you're gonna get the best from them. You gotta earn that, like you gotta you gotta get that respect. I ain't just gonna sit up here and talk to somebody that might not want to get talked to.
Speaker 5: You might not want to learn nothing.
Speaker 6: So like part of the professionalism that I come with every day dealing with anybody is to get that relationship and get that respect. Like if I'm showing up late to everything we're dealing with. Then you might not want to You're gonna come with a different thing to offer. But I want to get everything I can get from Dre's and stuffs and cps and dudes that I've been around. So that's why I ask so many questions. I'm opening that door so you don't got to worry about how to talk to me. I tell you like I want it. I want the game. I want to talk about it like I used to. I would go to Dre all the time on the plane and we'll watch them together. But it's just because I want you to be okay to come talk to me about anything, because I want that from you. You gotta earn that and get that from people. So like you was asking about Steph In particularly, that's a big thing with him. I feel like he's not a guy that's gonna come up to you and just give you game like I want you to have this. I'm gonna talk to you, talk to you. But if you ask him a question, he'll go on for however long you want.
Speaker 5: To talk to him. You just got to go right right.
Speaker 6: You gotta go knock on the door and there he there he all is he ready to do it. But yes, but that's that's that's a lot that man give you.
Speaker 1: He he walked you through every step of it. We could be in practice one of them going to him for advice. We've been moved on to the next drill. He still be over there in the course to him. We all just be standing in the waiting for him to stop give you the most profound answer.
Speaker 6: This one on one too. He ain't doing it in front of everybody. Man body see like, no.
Speaker 3: He's talking. That's it.
Speaker 1: Nobody else have a clue what the hell you talking about? It's very quiet. It's over there amongst them too, and that's.
Speaker 4: Ain't Moses. I do, I do got a question? Have you ever asked Steph a question? And he goes, oh, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh.
Speaker 5: Man, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's the thing that I like about Steph is that like he he he really real and like so far even to say like if he don't know the answer to the question, he'll be like, nah, I don't know, and he's not gonna come up with a fake answer because he's supposed to know or whatever that is, and he'll go figure it out to come back and tell you, but he don't know.
Speaker 4: He'll say that, Yeah, I know, I know, I know. J asked him about that shot in the Olympics. I mean, I've seen you, You've seen him make incredible shots. Do you ever go up to him and be like, Yo, how'd you do that? And I wonder if it's the same answer he gave Ramon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I ain't never.
Speaker 6: I really ain't never went up to him and asked him after because honest, to do so many things, but like, but no, I ain't know what I'm.
Speaker 4: He just seemed like hella humble and like he'd just be doing shut out there and don't know what he'd be doing, but he'd be doing it and he can't explain it, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, that be the case a lot of Yeah, Okay, I get what you're saying. That'd be the case a lot of times when I'm asking him about stuff. Is that he really just because he's so free spirited with it on the court and everything, it's not everything is completely figured out on the tea.
Speaker 5: It's like shooting.
Speaker 6: You know, when I ask him about shooting, I might ask him about a turn that I noticed that he does I've been watching. I noticed that he does something and he'll he'll grab a ball and be like, well, I guess, and then he'll tell me why where it came from or something he didn't do what every shot?
Speaker 3: Hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's funny that stuff though, And that is just greatness though, like you just be in it, right, like just doing ith it. You know, it's funny. I heard him say the other today. He said, yesterday, that's one thing Steph ain't gonna do. Step The last thing he going to do is sit there and overrandalyze the situation, which explains I mean, it doesn't explain at all, but which also explains like a part of his greatness and why he can shoot the way he shoot because he have short term memory. We was breaking a hunder yesterday and Steph hit his first three on the court and BP said.
Speaker 3: So, I'm like, who first three? Back out there?
Speaker 1: You knock it down, touch my hand, touch my hand so I can hit the shot, and Steph saying.
Speaker 3: I should touch your Steph touched his hand. He stipp should touch your head.
Speaker 1: Get all out your head, get out your brain, brain, get all out of your head and go play. And like but That's that's how he is. It's always just.
Speaker 3: Like yo, what you're thinking about, like why you're thinking?
Speaker 1: And he just do what I'm saying that And that's, like I said, that's a part of his greatness. And it being your fourth for you, you want a championship in your first year, so you know how it looks, you know what things look like, you know how it feels a lot of guys in year four can't say that. You know you want You won your first championship before I won my first championship, which I own necessarily love.
Speaker 3: But it's cool. I'll give you that one.
Speaker 1: But in saying that, a lot of talk has been put on this about the depth of this team. What what what is? What is your takeaway about this team? Like what stands out most to you about this team?
Speaker 6: It would have to be to depth, I mean just kind of wise without with so many, with so many guys, so many players, and given that, I have been able to see what the playoffs is like, what the stretch is like. The biggest thing is that it's not about the first five. You get to the playoffs and then it always seemed like, man, they would have won if that dude didn't get hurt or if that situation was different. And that's the biggest thing about going down the stretch is that it's not gonna be as you playing. It's not gonna be perfect, it's not gonna be the way or it's supposed to be. So having enough to withstayd almost anything is a superpowers a cheeko almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the fact I always say to people, you win championships six through ten, you don't win championships one to five. We see grade one to fives all the time. Every team is almost built to have a great one to five, Like everybody's built like who's my starters?
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: If you just have that, you're screwed. Like you it is absolutely necessary that your six to ten be strong. Your six to ten need to be able to win you games in the regular season, which in turn, they can win you games in the regular season. They may sneaky one during the playoffs, but during the playoffs, your best players gotta be playing great.
Speaker 3: Ain't no sneaking games.
Speaker 1: But you know me, I know you best players got to be playing great, but your six through ten got to be strong and your playoffs, you know, it become aid that sometimes it become down, but that got to be so strong in order to win, and a lot of people don't understand that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how would you describe your experience playing defense alongside my dog Jmond Green? And then also we talked about like previous episodes, how like it was a challenge, you know, guarding somebody like Jason Kidd, you got Donovan Mitchell, you got Sga coming up, talk about you know, garden players like that. But then also you know you got you got the man right here, this defensive player of the year right here. Like how how has you know the experience with you and Drake, you know, affected your defensive game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 6: I would talk about it my rookie year to where it's like I'll be guarding somebody and it feels like they just hesitant, like they don't want to make moves in a certain way, and like because they see me, and then they don't they don't want to attack their attack here. And then I realized the fact that it's like like in a movie or something to where it's like the dude, the dude in the front, I'm already looking at you, but then I got this big old dude behind me, they see and then acting a certain way this and that. And then as I've been able to be become a better defender too, Now I can mess with him. I can take more gambles and kind of affect the ball, affect that because they always have that hesitancy that because Dre he's not going he's not like like halfway showing like no, he's standing right here like where you where you we double team and you are both because he can react and get back to where he's supposed to be. So just having that behind you at all time, it just lets you become a different player different.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, and then yeah, that's a big shout out man, like you know.
Speaker 1: That big it will be high, you know, had that big old security dude, that big old og gangster.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, I got damn well, I could be out here gambling.
Speaker 3: Boy. Uh it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: And then talk about like you know, uh, you are now your fourth year, so you're gonna be facing the Donovan mitchells Now the SGA is like y'all got them too coming up?
Speaker 3: What do you think about that game?
Speaker 4: And you know, what's your strategy on you know, your approach when you playing against these you know, superstar shooting guards.
Speaker 6: It's like, since I was talking about like learning the game and everything throughout the summertime, like I was watching a lot of film on a lot of different guys, and I watch it differently because now I'm looking at footwork. Why why are you good? Why do you score? Why do you beat this guy? Why do you beat people? All the time. So I was thinking about it for myself, but even on the defensive end, now that you understand it, you understand it both ways, and that allows me to kind of realize too, Like were dealing with those guys. Everybody says that you don't stop uh SGA or whatever player like some of those top.
Speaker 5: Players, but you can make them do what you want them to.
Speaker 6: Do, and then team the defense being able to send them to the help, may have to take away a couple of things and just have a game plan like that. That's the more you understand the game, the more you simplify it, and that's that's what you can do on the defer.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 1: I always speak about it, as I said before, just your professionalism and your demeanor, you being you're quiet, to most although you're not quiet if you know you, but you more have a quiet, more reserved personality. And so for me personally, I always like to speak you up, you know, speak up things I think you do well you as a person, all of these things you know about your game.
Speaker 3: But in assessing yourself, what what is.
Speaker 1: It that you hang your hat on when speaking of your game that you like, this is who I am, This is what I hang my hat on.
Speaker 3: This is what separates me from my peers. What is that to you?
Speaker 6: For you, yeah, I would say shooting is my is my theme, and that's been like I've gotten better at it, figured it out and all of that. But shooting is the thing that I do. But then outside of that, I've been working on like ball headling and being able to control the ball, come off pick and rolls and kind of read situations like that, the hustle plays and all of that. I've had to do it so much to where that's part of me now.
Speaker 5: And then defense I.
Speaker 6: Can guard one through four, can switch me on the five if you need to every once in a while, but really just have multi perfect.
Speaker 5: But shooting is my thing.
Speaker 7: The Emirates NBA cupp is here. You can win big getting in on the action at DraftKings Sportsbook. It's cool official sports betting partner of the NBA All thirty teams Splendo six groups every Tuesday and Friday playing for the right to advance in a single elimination in season turney. It was great last year, culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Vegas first time. Here's something special new Draft Kings customers bet five bucks to get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets. If your bet wins score big, use the code callin. So you download the DraftKings Sportsbook app, please use the code colin. New customers get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets betting just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 8: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and Y, or text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co slash Bball.
Speaker 4: Clay Thompson is about to return to the Chase Center for the first time.
Speaker 3: Damn uh this next week too.
Speaker 1: What do you expect to be the what do you expect for the atmosphere? Uh? And then also if you were to describe your relationship with Clay Thompson, how would you what?
Speaker 3: What words would you choose?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Clay is such a like everybody talk about like free spearing and this and that, but Clay really just a real dude.
Speaker 5: He he don't He.
Speaker 6: Don't do nothing for no interior murders. He not doing this because it looks good or because these people gonna think. No, he's doing it because he wants to do boss. But even like like dealing with him, that's been my that's been my dog since I've been here. In conversations, just that same feeling like he let you on the boat because he want to hang out with you for a while, not because no other reason, Like so we still be playing chests and stuff all the time. It's just an authentic relationship with authentic dude.
Speaker 3: He that he who's been winning in chess.
Speaker 5: I've been I've been hot lately. I've been.
Speaker 6: I got him like three four games in a row. But before that, I was talking to you and told you he was getting off. He had me like five roa. I just started fighting back.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we we were pretty nick He up like two games the rest.
Speaker 4: What was about to say, BD, No, I'm just looking forward to this matchup. I already know, uh you know, Clay called called dray.
Speaker 3: Mina, I called Drada. He called you coming in the Chase Center. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He I'm gonna have to come out for that one. Listen, check this out most So I'm working out at you Little this summer and you know Dallas come in, well, Kyrie, Clayed, a couple of a they come in at the gym after I finished my workout and I had to run that day because I have pilates right after. So soon as I finished, and I ain't get to see Clay, but I have saw a couple of other guys and then try saw Clay come in and trive Uh was talking to Kyrie and Clay walked off to kr like, ky don't be talking to the ops.
Speaker 3: So then Trif came and told me that Clay said that.
Speaker 1: He was like, you're thinking he was serious, and I was like, well, it's Clay, so he's joking, but he's definitely a little serious.
Speaker 3: Like, but he's joking, but he's definitely serious.
Speaker 1: And so sure enough, the next day I'm working out, they come in again, and the after me and I'm talking to car and he walk up you talking to the ops, and I.
Speaker 9: Said, yes, try he's there's definitely some seriousness to it. He just said the same thing to me. So therefore I'm gonna run through his chest when we play them now, but.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 1: And that's how that's where that whole thing came from, because he's just like, oh, they're the Obviously we all love Clay, but this love Clay is also know that he's gonna come in there trying to murder us.
Speaker 3: He's not trying. He's not trying to be afraid.
Speaker 5: That's that's why you.
Speaker 1: Exactly, So I'm looking for I ain't seen Clay post up with Dallas at all.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be trying to run you to the post mode.
Speaker 1: He go, yeah, he's gonna be on all of that.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be. I gotta get to that.
Speaker 4: I probably gotta show up and pop up for that game. That's that's gonna be a historic game, I know. Yeah, I gotta. Y'all gotta know you like the OP too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You can't let him get an OP advantage because you know he's a dog, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone engineer and he engineering that. That that war room right now for yall.
Speaker 6: You know how you know everybody talking about like saying, like you playing against your friend or brother whatever it is, and everybody be like, oh, they but they playing Buddy bart in that. But when you really dealing with your brother, like it's, you play harder than when you when you play against anybody else, Like you know, you want to, you want to go at it with him. He been here all this time before I've been here obviously, so you see him go at it with these dudes, and that's why you like him.
Speaker 5: That's why you like what he brings to the table.
Speaker 6: So just because he's on the other side, don't mean he's still that same dude. That's that's why you like him. So you know you can't he gonna bust your head if he was just like he was busting.
Speaker 5: The other dude's head if.
Speaker 6: You don't let you guard down.
Speaker 4: And raise and Little Rock ark Born and raised in Little Rock, Arkansas, you transferred to Mount Verdie Academy in Florida after your sophomore year in high school to further your basketball career. Before we get to the Stack squad, you were all, who did you model your game after when you were growing up?
Speaker 6: Model my game after being being from Arkansas? You know, you don't really don't got a team or nothing.
Speaker 5: So I just grew up watching a lot of different players.
Speaker 6: I like Ray Allen a lot. I don't shoot like them. I never really modeled my form at them. I just like to watch them.
Speaker 5: Uh, I like Joe Johnson.
Speaker 6: Being from Little Rock, h I grew up. I grew up watching a lot of different guys though. Uh So, just taking certain things from different guys and really.
Speaker 5: Just being a fan of the sport, that's what's up.
Speaker 6: And then two guys in my city like I ain't. I don't only watch NBA players, I ain't only take like I'm watching it home, but I'm in middle school year high school.
Speaker 5: More crazy, I'm about to get.
Speaker 3: I had a guy like that one up Man.
Speaker 1: We had Anthony Rovers and Pete and to watch Pete man, people's crazy half court freshman come dribbling across half court and the whole gym. Literally when he starts dribbling the ball from the back court, everybody go as he crossed half court, they get louder.
Speaker 3: Did he raise? Up Man? So crazy?
Speaker 1: And like Big Ranch in my hometown playing at the at the Vet's Park and.
Speaker 3: Still Bill Dell Man, all these guys Sean Matthews.
Speaker 1: I learned how to like the tricks into the trades of the basketball game from those guys like them old hands thirty eight years old, they still playing in the rec leagues and O g Fred Hall Rvy. I learned to your point more, I learned a lot of tricks.
Speaker 3: My uncle Benny.
Speaker 1: I learned a lot of tricks to the trades from playing against those guys.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, so now that's.
Speaker 1: Fire, that's hey, man, I told them Man Moses from Little Rock, Arkansas. Man, you just ain't getting that from man. You're not getting that from many people. But your senior year, y'all, you were on the number one team in the country Kye Countyhawn, Scottie Bars, Ryan them hard. Yeah, they they they team was crazy. Uh, y'all had a couple more guys. I feel like we're messing.
Speaker 6: Up right and they start white.
Speaker 4: Before and how much are you?
Speaker 3: How much they paid they have to pay you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because that team right there, we took me, Me and Kay and Ryan. We all went there the year before, so we was already there and then they did it became back. So it wasn't even like they put that team together like on the spot.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's that's a crazy team. That's a sick team.
Speaker 5: Dud.
Speaker 3: But you, you and Kate, You and k County hen with roommates? How was it? How was it being roommates with Kay?
Speaker 1: You know, as we get into this like you're living situation, you move out of your parents' house, you moved to Mount Vern, Florida, and your roomor with k count of hell that first experience with a roommate, how was that?
Speaker 5: It was different? For sure?
Speaker 6: Well, well for me, I grew up with like with dudes, like I'm always in my homeboy house. I got brothers, I got my brother I got cousins, Like I grew up around people, So that part wasn't hard for me. But my first year there, I can't even put it on the scalehouse all that room was we was in but like like my like in the room, my bend is here, k Ben, here's like this much room in between the two beds, Like it's crazy how small this room been. So given that was a situation, we used to get into it about stuff like we used to always get into it because he like had a light off in the room in daytime.
Speaker 5: I'm like, it's daytime. I don't want to be sitting in the press.
Speaker 6: And so we like we used to get in to it leaving the room and then light on my side, so if I want the light on, bro. And so that year we used to get into it a lot, but it wasn't never like we really into it.
Speaker 5: We ain't argue much, but that's my dog especially now.
Speaker 6: And then the second year we had a bigger role than everything, and we've been to we brothers at that point where you argue, like brothers, it's not even so we were and you living with these dudes were on the road together playing basketball together. But we just got a special relationship from being so close all the time, even we don't want.
Speaker 5: To be so oh yeah, that's that's that's my dog.
Speaker 3: What with the team like that.
Speaker 1: The better player then at that time, it's not how it always turns out like to be the better pro.
Speaker 3: When you look at y'all.
Speaker 1: Team, has it shaped out kind of the way that y'all thought it was shaped out from that point of like who was the top dogs or who's having a better NBA career?
Speaker 3: Like how has that shaped out for that team?
Speaker 5: It's really been It's probably like similar to the way it was when we was there. Honestly, Kane was a number player in the country being.
Speaker 6: There, Scotty was top five, top ten or whatever it was, and then and me and Day.
Speaker 5: Ran like in the rankings or whatever.
Speaker 6: It was so much and we had so many dudes on that team to where we got ten guys that are all top twenty to top fifty or whatever in the rankings. So like coach trying to play everybody, but then the younger guys this and that, So he would always play Kade and Scotty know they number one and number three in the country or whatever they are, so they gotta kind of get.
Speaker 5: A little more, but they can't even get that much more.
Speaker 6: And then we beating changed by fifty, so we got to stop playing by the third quarter. So everybody averaged like eleven ten points a game.
Speaker 5: So then on the ranking side and all that. Now that now guys.
Speaker 6: Don't look as good this and that, but it was it was all of them in the area.
Speaker 3: You could do it all over again, would you. Would you make that same decision?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 6: And honestly, I didn't like it when I was there a lot of times. And with that being said that that team that I was only probably my favorite team I've ever played all outside of basketball, but when I was there, like, you gotta keep in mind, bro, I'm leaving school and I'm leaving my city at like fifteen, sixteen years old, going to live in Florida with a.
Speaker 5: Bunch of dudes.
Speaker 6: My very had students from ninety three different So you you dealing. You got the Africans over here, the Brazilians over here, So yet you dealing it. And as a kid from Litle Rock, I'm exposed. I'm exposed to the world, and so even what that did to me growing up, and then like mentally, I'm getting cool with the ads and the teachers and the advisors this and that, and working your way through a system and organization and like having to think for yourself as a grown man. That's think what that did for me growing up is irreplaceable experience, especially for a kid.
Speaker 5: Fire.
Speaker 4: You got a lot of dogs in your draft class, you know, and being a lottery pick comes with expectations. Did you know that the Warriors were gonna draft you with a fourteenth pick?
Speaker 6: I thought, so, I didn't. I didn't know for sure. No, you know, you can't know. But going into it, like I had a big range that I could have went from like seven to twenty five, you know, like I didn't have a guarantee or nothing like that going into it. So they had two chances in my spot, and I worked out with them, and then then then I came back and worked out again. That was the only place I worked out at twice, and I played really well.
Speaker 3: So that's what's up.
Speaker 5: I knew it the big time.
Speaker 3: But look at.
Speaker 1: This, this is the day of the drift. Oh that's crazy, And it says who at fourteen he said at the same time, it's nine to twenty pm here, so six twenty I said, Bob, as he's texting in Moody if he's there, I'm saying, Moody, quash the mark.
Speaker 3: I said, Damn, I'm good. Ha ha ha.
Speaker 1: I love that pit. So needless to say, you was on the more Moody train. He was on it before I met the young fella. That's amazing, dude. I was on the train before I met the young fella. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: But if you if you remember, though, I was there house in the summertime and you came through, and like I was like, y'all was really just talking. I was kind of just listening to y'all talk, and I even bro it's crazy. Before going before coming to the NBA, I would really just be sitting there thinking about like just who I wanted to be around in the NBA, and.
Speaker 5: You was at the top of the list of guys. Just like, I don't know this dude.
Speaker 6: I don't know what he's like, how it is, but I don't know what I want to get from him, why I want.
Speaker 5: To be around him.
Speaker 6: But that just seemed like a cool dude to be around and learned from a little bit, just from what he's not even what you're saying to me, what you would say to other people, and just because I'm I like watching people. So when I had that thought beforehand, and then when I was over there, when it was at rich house that time, I was like, Okay, that's cool. I'm gonna get to sit here and do it. Do it even now, but not knowing what the future.
Speaker 1: I remember that, you know, y'all, they was out there for pre Drivet and you was over rich house and were just sitting in the back. I remember that like it was yesterday. It was out that. After that, I just knew you had a maturity to you. And Rich was sitting there.
Speaker 3: Vouching for you.
Speaker 1: And the thing about it, Rich had been vouching for you and talking to you about me. But the thing about Rich is me and Rich are have an honest conversation, like he ain't gonna vouch for everybody to me because you know, I'll call him out like I ain't buying that. And he was really really high on you. And so I ended up watching a lot of your film. And when I watched because I've always liked for the last seven eight years, I've.
Speaker 3: Maybe not so much the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: But originally I would have a lot to say in the draft process, and I would like be in it, and I would watch film and I was studying, like you know, do all these things and talk to people like and so I knew a lot about you already. And when I sat down, when we sat back there and we talked. If I'm not mistaken, I think we were watching like some playoff games or something, and and we had that conversation like I just knew you had a different level of maturity than the average eighteen year old, and you know that for me was like, yeah, the game is what it is, Like we already knew that, you know, but that did a lot for me, you know.
Speaker 3: And so when that when I was asking away, I'm saying moody, like it kind of should be him, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, And so that's pretty funny. I forgot all about those text message but when you just asked that, it made me remember, yeah, that's a good time.
Speaker 5: You're the first word to hit me out, I got, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sir, brotherhood, clutch gang, clutch gang, everybody gonna be mad.
Speaker 3: It's alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad man, I mean, I just people don't understand that. You know, we all come from different places, but we all come from similar places. And what connected is that we think and execute and operate on a high level in order to even get here, you know what I mean, And you make so many concessions, and when you see somebody that's in the same situation, you're like, man, I know this dude been through something to get here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And so that's how that.
Speaker 4: Brotherhood form, and people don't A lot of times people fans don't understand that because it's the journey that make the story. You feel what I'm saying, It's the journey that make the story. So make it easy for you to be in sink and say, oh, I want to man, Jamon Green is somebody I want to talk, you know what I mean? Like, you know, because our DNA, you know who you want to be when you grow up, and you know who you want to hang with when you grow up, and who you admire.
Speaker 3: You know, that's the beauty of our sport. And what I love about this game.
Speaker 4: Is you can admire somebody and never meet them and then meet one time, you know what I mean, Like I saw Kevin Garnet and Chris Webber meet for the first time when they were retired, and they never had a conversation until that moment, and it was just like, you know, the reason why I never said nothing to you, I didn't want to give you an advantage, the reason why I never shook your hand.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give you an advantage. Remember, you knock me down, Like they remember every moment through admiration, but they can never express that on the court because they was battling for that top spot.
Speaker 6: You feel what I'm saying, Yeah, I don't want to I don't want to put no words or whatever. But that sounds kind of similar to Dre and Cpete being on the team this year last year after they battled so much going into it but didn't getting it getting around each other.
Speaker 3: Like I hated CP Man. Not only did I hate him, but we were always battling. Like I think.
Speaker 1: CP is right at the heart of everything we were trying to accomplish. He was the top dog at point guard. So I come in and I'm watching him a steph relationship, and I'm like, that ain't gonna work for us to be who we want to be like him. Like kind of being your big bro, Like I'm just looking at it, like and see and as you know, now MO seeps smart as hell, and so I'm just looking at it and I'm like, yo, he playing on that, like he using that to like keep you here, but I don't like that, and so I start like being messy in between it, like creating a rift, like because I'm like I need this rift in order for us to be able to move ahead of them, like we can't move ahead of them, and you like big bro like, and so I intentionally, like they were super tight, I intentionally start creating a riff and because I felt like CP was using that to his advantage. And then as I'm creating a rip with them, me and CP like this and under no circumstance do I.
Speaker 3: Even want to correct it?
Speaker 1: And then Uncle West tried to force me, really forced me to try to correct it, and he didn't fork, but you know, and and then CP was.
Speaker 3: Kind of like, yeah, it can't be but not really. And I'm like it like this, like I don't care about it.
Speaker 1: And I remember when I first like me and Blake man me and Blake was at it, and I remember when I first hung around Blake off the court. I was a little skeptical about it because I felt like I had some feary instilled in him, and not fear like he afraid of me, but like a respectful fear of.
Speaker 3: Like I go with this dude, Yeah, psychologic exactly.
Speaker 1: I felt like I had that, and I knew, like, I know the type of person I am.
Speaker 3: If I hang.
Speaker 1: Around you, you probably gonna like, like, because I'm not an asshole. I don't think I'm bigger than what I am. I'm a normal dude.
Speaker 3: I'm having fun.
Speaker 1: If there's some fun to be had, we're gonna have fun. Like we're gonna joke. And I know how I am. And so I was a little skeptical about Like when I was around him the first couple of times, I ain't even like say much to him because I wanted to keep that And then you know, we end up, you know, kind of getting to call each other better and being cool and moving past it.
Speaker 3: But that's a real thing, man, that's a very real thing. You gotta hate everybody.
Speaker 4: Bro, if you're trying to be that dude or you're trying to get that team over the hump, you gotta.
Speaker 3: Hate everybody if they ain't your teammate.
Speaker 4: You gotta gotta develop that as an edge, you know, because you know, everybody cool, everybody good. People In the off season, dudes got families want to you know, you're hanging out when that season comes. You gotta find a reason to hate somebody.
Speaker 3: Yes, you do, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, no matter how much you love him, how much you admire him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like you know Sam could sell Cholsy Bell.
Speaker 1: It was big bro, but it was there was none of that when we was when it was cracking.
Speaker 3: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like, I gotta figure out a way, you know, to uh to level myself up because I ain't. I ain't about to be nobody little bro to nobody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You can't be man because when you.
Speaker 1: When you when you approach guys like that, they treat you like that. Oh and on Hey, you know what's crazy is I remember my rookie year man. We was playing against Memphis and ze Bo is my big homie. Like Zebo is spartaned on that's the old gam and like something happened on the court and he did my head like this now number one, I hate when people touch my head, like and I teach myself, don't let people touch your head. But I also honor our brotherhood at Michigan State Legacy.
Speaker 3: I honor that.
Speaker 1: And under no circumstance am I about to do something in this moment and get into it with Zbo about that and they go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: That's my big bro. And so in the moment, I'm just like, that's different. Yeah, what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He shake my head, and in the moment, I was just like, I just kept walking back and Coach Jackson pulled me over to the side and it was like, hey, man, like that shoul dad or something like that, and I'm like, nah, he like, I know, that's.
Speaker 3: Your big homie.
Speaker 1: But just knowing this league, everybody is looking to get an advantage, and so if you let him do that, right and you know, again, it don't have to you know, it's not like it's just this huge problem. I ain't saying that, but I'm just telling you, if you let people do stuff like that, he could have an advantage on you.
Speaker 3: And you don't want anybody to have an advantage on you.
Speaker 1: And so when he told me that that also gave me like a booster, like all right, what I'm at ze Bo, Like, yeah, that's the big homie, but I'm at him just like anybody else.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And it gave me that confidence to do that.
Speaker 1: But that's a that's a that's like a key moment in my career because it's set the stage for who I became.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I think if that's that, like I don't know, y'all can George whatever. But if you're dealing with somebody that's really your big homie, that's really your really your brother, big home, your little brother, then it ain't no LINITX to.
Speaker 5: Competition or whatever it is. We can go at there one hundred.
Speaker 6: Percent and I know you don't mean nothing else brought That is.
Speaker 3: One thousand fact.
Speaker 4: It's funning bragging rights for afterwards, you know what I mean, when you're hanging in the summer like yeah, I cracked, you mean, you know what I mean, or you don't have to say much, but you got you know, it's all bragging rights and it's all love, but you gotta go in. You gotta earn your respect in this league. Bro, you gotta go.
Speaker 6: That's like, that's like when you're dealing with your man and your your best friend and like y'all can y'all can argue, y'all can play and say whatever, and it's cool, but if you're dealing with somebody.
Speaker 1: Like you better you better not say that to me just because he said it to me. If you say that to me because he said it to me, or if you say that to him because I said to him, we're gonna jump you.
Speaker 3: That's how we're gonna jump. So you should probably.
Speaker 1: Not do that again because if you think you can do that because we do that to each other, we're gonna jump you because if I fight you, he gonna fight you too. So just don't do that. You like you don't do that. That ain't that ain't for you.
Speaker 3: That ain't you.
Speaker 6: That's another thing too, Like I'll bell got into it my whole boy before, Like yeah, we talked like that when when we when were hanging out, But don't we don't do that around other people because they gonna think that I got both of that and that ain't that.
Speaker 3: That's a situation, this relationship a little different. It ain't that.
Speaker 1: You and you and b D drafted twenty two years apart. Uh BD was the third pick in the NBA Drive Besides being drafted, is there a particular moment for you from that night on your draft night that that stands out in your memory?
Speaker 5: Yeah, plenty of them.
Speaker 6: Really early on, like my whole first year, everything was so new and everything was so exciting from really really from like pre drive, from like I'm killing it rich House with Drakemond Green, like I'm I was just on my mama count and now you you there and then you meet Lebron before the season starts, so it's not like you're in the NBA, you don't got a team. Now you meet everybody that comes from there, and then you're in the NBA. Now I'm on a team with Steph like like every and then then you when you in preseason, then you in the season that you playing against all the dudes. Now you're in the playoffs. So everything was so new and so much that it really becomes like you numb to numb to excitement, numb to feeling because you gotta be cool through all of this. The West like anything happen tomorrow, man, and I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't even.
Speaker 3: It's the world the.
Speaker 5: Man because it all happens.
Speaker 6: So now it's slowed down now because you kind of get to a point and now you know it's not as exciting thiss and that, but especially early on it was much.
Speaker 3: It just becomes your reality. Yeah, right, Once it becomes your.
Speaker 5: Reality, it's a transition period.
Speaker 3: Then it's like, all right, this is it's kind of what you expect at that point. It's fast, bro, it's fast, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But from the time you get drafted, you're the next you're in the city, you're doing a press conference.
Speaker 3: Then after that you it's on until it.
Speaker 5: Stops, and another one, another one. Yeah, another point to answer that question too.
Speaker 6: I know you took thinking more of basketball stuff, but even like my first time staying at your place in Cowbo was it was something for.
Speaker 5: Me because we're growing up in little Rock. Like all the dudes with money like.
Speaker 6: They got they change on and they flash and this and that, and it's cool, you know, pieces own.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, all right, well, I'm.
Speaker 6: Not a big I'm not a very flashy guy, so I really don't need money like that. Like what do I need it for? If that's the only thing. But being able to like get here and go see something like that, it's like, man, it's really it's really some stuff out here.
Speaker 5: It's really really you know, you can.
Speaker 6: See what money behind and what like the freedom to be able to go do that, and like that was a big That was you.
Speaker 3: Know what's funny about that experience.
Speaker 1: And I'm happy that that's what that experience did to you. Because the second most important reason, the third most important reason I learned, the third most important reason I wanted that house was Hey, because I love the property.
Speaker 3: It's an incredible property.
Speaker 1: B I love what the property entels from my children, Like my kids can go there and have a blast, and like it's safe, and it's a place that they can like spend a part of their growing up and like see something that and experience like this kid paradise that never had the opportunity experience. But my last reason and but very very very important reason of why I bought it was, as you know, Math and Brown then got a house.
Speaker 3: They got a house. They live on the same property right next door.
Speaker 1: And because of that, I could always go to Cabo for free and have a beautiful home to stay in. And that was that because they made that available to me, and once I felt like I was in the financial position to do it, I wanted to be able to make that available to my family and my friends. You know what I'm saying. That are their friends, you know what I'm saying. And so for me to be able to open that up to you. I actually spoke about this once before. I think a part of where me and Jordan Poole relationship went wrong is he was supposed to go to the house and as you know, you may hit me up two months and I'm gonna put you on a text with the people the day before or email the day before, and they gonna have everything down. Car service, you send your flight, you send the grocery list, everything's done, and.
Speaker 3: So you know, life be moving.
Speaker 1: But what I'm not gonna do is your they ain't gonna get here and you ain't ready to go. I like, what before your day get there, it's gonna come back to me. I need to make sure he good, right, And so I had it all dial in and like ready for him to go, and then I hit him and I'm like, yo, so.
Speaker 3: Send your flight here, and he like, oh, I ain't gonna go, and I'm doing this now.
Speaker 1: And I was like, damn, I wonder if he felt like I let him down or like I ain't come through for him, or I lie to him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And it was with the house.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that was the whole purpose for It's like, so my friends can go there and experience that. So my rookie, you know, my young fellas can go there and experience that and see what life is like and like how people actually out here living and that there's more to buying a house in a little rock, Arkansas.
Speaker 3: I don't own a house in Sagonaw, Michigan.
Speaker 1: I mean like I mean, I owned a couple of them in Sagonaw, Michigan. I literally took them out my estate. They my mom and my grandma house. They got them, Like I don't own a home in my hometown. Like, but it's it's just so much more out there that we never get the opportunity to see. And I'm so thankful to Math. Math was the first person to take me down there. I'm so thankful just to the things that they showed me that I would have never imagined, like to own a home in Cabo that would have never even.
Speaker 3: Been a thought like.
Speaker 1: Right, and so to have someone like that's what I want to be for you and JK and like all y'all young guys man, because I've been blessed and fortunate enough to have God to do that for me, to show me.
Speaker 3: That my welcome to the league moment. Man, we're gonna get into that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: So I had a little welcome to the league moment where you know, I came off the bench.
Speaker 3: John Stocking kind of like made me.
Speaker 4: Turn the ball over three four times and he elbowed me.
Speaker 3: You know. Then I think I stocked in, uh and that was it. That was it for me.
Speaker 4: So John Stockton was my welcome to the league moment where I felt like, damn, dude, Like this dude is just a bully.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? What was what was your welcome to the league moment?
Speaker 5: My welcome to the league moment? Probably it's probably before the season started.
Speaker 6: Garden garden steph and training kept and practices and all that, and it's different here.
Speaker 5: But then when he hits you with with that same.
Speaker 3: Move, you can't guard it. Hu guard.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing too. You be thinking you playing good defense because you're not going past you.
Speaker 6: But it's like he ain't trying to.
Speaker 3: Just a lot. Man, that dude come across half court.
Speaker 4: I remember just a few times I played against when I was playing with the Clippers, and it was like, bro, you are not about to get comfortable getting nowherebody's hash, I'm about to jumping, and I just pushed him on the sidelines jumping and then I gona guard somebody else.
Speaker 6: Ste It was another one too, because you know my rookie years where Clay was coming back. So Clay, he ain't on the court head and all that in the beginning. So then when he when he first started getting back on the court, they got me working out with him all the time.
Speaker 5: But like when I first started working out with.
Speaker 6: Him, I'm like, man, this dude is out for two years, like he's been hurrying all that, Like you're coming back. I ain't trying to be the one to hurt him and do nothing this and that. So I'm like I ain't even really but but he ain't hooped it. He ain't hooped it a while. So he greeted straight to it. He killing, and then like I had to go, I had to like forget all that, like lock in and play this and that over the time we played so much, but especially in the beginning, he'll be killing it.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: Dropped off. You never know what's coming. Man.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm thinking, you know, he just trying to warm up. Get back, get back in the flowing things. Nah, he's straight to.
Speaker 1: He looking at you like a test dummy, looking at you.
Speaker 3: Y'all got in the shooting guard.
Speaker 4: Let me kill him, let me see, let me get let me get myself back fast.
Speaker 3: He liked to play defense too.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is gonna be man, that's funny. I got one more thing before we get out of here. I got one more question. I'm not sure if bed got another one, But what's one thing that you heard about before entering the NBA that ended up not being true?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: The thing for me was the girls in the lobby waiting on you, like and I'm coming to the league, and I'm like, where are you at, like thirsty?
Speaker 3: Where they at?
Speaker 1: They y'all say they in the lobby, they buy the bar where they at? And I and they and then loving basketball said they come to your door.
Speaker 3: I'm like, they coming to the door where.
Speaker 1: They and I never ran to them at the bar and I never they never came to my door. That was one of the most disappointed things I've heard.
Speaker 3: Hey, bro, you laugh like jay Z.
Speaker 4: Anybody ever told you that?
Speaker 1: I heard?
Speaker 3: So what was the thing for you is.
Speaker 6: Oh, it will probably be really just the way that people talk about the lifestyle of not just the NBA, but the celebrity lifestyle of you know, like fast paced this and that, and just saying that's just the.
Speaker 5: Way it is.
Speaker 6: But like getting here and realizing a lot of this stuff is however you want it to be, and you can control a lot more than than you think. And like getting into basketball, it's like, oh, the workouts is supposed to be this much harder or this much easier.
Speaker 5: You know, some people say.
Speaker 6: Working on the NBA is supposed to be easier, whatever they say, but it really is whatever you want it to be. Just you have more control rather than less control about certain stuff. That probably be it just realizing that it's the same as you when you were in high school. You know, you are who you are and you just in a different place now than the situation.
Speaker 5: Don't change it.
Speaker 3: I will warn you that.
Speaker 1: If an ask you or when I would say, when you continue to ascend, you get to a certain point of where it ain't just what you wanted to be.
Speaker 3: Like you know, there's I think there's a.
Speaker 1: Time, but like there's a time where it's like, yeah, you create your thing, and you got your thing, you got your routine and all that, and then you can also ascend to a certain point to where your time is no longer your time.
Speaker 3: Oh and that's.
Speaker 1: You know, like that's one of the things Like because I used to be I was the guy that I go everywhere, I do everything. I'm a man of the people, like I'm in every and I still will like go to stuff and like but not as much because ay, there's just more things to do. Like you as you a sin, all of a sudden, the shoot deals get bigger, the media deals get bigger, you know, all these things. But that stuff requires time, and your time is no longer time, you know what I'm saying. And so you know, like you know, I was talking to JK the other day and I was just telling him about like when you are number one, number two, number three at an organization as a player, like there's so much more responsibility that come with that, Like you are actually in the inner workings of the organization, Like.
Speaker 3: I have to have calls with Joe, you have to have calls with Mike, you have.
Speaker 1: To have calls with Steve, like all of these things, and then there's so many people, Like there's so many people.
Speaker 3: That you are in charge of.
Speaker 1: And it's not that I'm in charge of Rick Celebrini, but in a sense, you hold some responsibility for Rix Celebrini, you hold some responsibility for Danny, you hold some responsibility for KB because their success is based on your success.
Speaker 3: And your performance on the court.
Speaker 1: So you take on all of these people that you don't necessarily realize that you take on right now because you're not necessarily in that position yet. I didn't understand it before I got to the position. But there's a lot that you take on, and that fast life that people talking about, sometimes it is given to you.
Speaker 3: Like what I would say, Steph never chose.
Speaker 1: The life he lived, Like Steph would have chosen to just be at home with his family and that's it and play basketball. But like Steph ascended so far, there's just so much more responsibility in things, and it ain't necessarily just how you had it and how you wanted it, and so I will warn you that, you know, you continue to put the work in and you grow and you elevate, that can and will change. But it's a good thing for you, you know what I mean, because that's just me and you killing. You have twenty twenty four twenty five points a game, and you know that's what you play for. Everybody plays to have, you know, some sort of responsibility or some type of pressure.
Speaker 3: That's why we play this game. We want the pressure.
Speaker 4: We want the pressure to win, We want the pressure to be better, to be the best, to maximize our potential.
Speaker 6: So and then it can be that too, like maximize potential. Like whenever I getting that, they can't get like that. Well, it's only gonna be like that for a certain time too, because once you stop, you know you can you know, for staff it might be that way for a while after you stop too, but eventually stuff will slow down and it ain't like you going into something that's going to mess up your life or whatever. Like now you just you know strike.
Speaker 4: What Yeah, I always say every five years, I ask myself, who do I want to be when I grow up? So you never think of yourself as whatever you are. You just in five years. This is so I want to be when I grow up. So they always keep you fresh and always keep.
Speaker 5: You you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like after basketball, I still do it.
Speaker 6: So you have said something to me, had something similar to that one time, just saying like he was saying, everybody's a kid for real.
Speaker 5: If you think about it, like when.
Speaker 6: You when you were qualified as a kid, it's because there's so much that you ain't been exposed to.
Speaker 5: You don't know about. Well, whatever you don't know about, you ain't been exposed to. That's why you don't know about it.
Speaker 6: So like, no matter how old you are, everybody just an older kid than the other kid.
Speaker 5: It's eighty five year old. Run young people out here for real.
Speaker 4: You know a one I gotta tell you, mobutu shit, man, you're a lucky kid, you know what I mean. To be able to come into the league, you know, to have dre to have it like you come in with Juggernauts with legacy and then to come in and win a championship.
Speaker 3: Talk to talk to me about what was.
Speaker 4: That moment, Like, you know, being a young player on the championship team, even though you may not have played a lot like, what was that experience like for you and how did that help you grow to where you are now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So and Avery Bradley did preseason with us that year, and so he told me he was saying, summer leaves nothing like preseason. Preseason's, nothing like regular season regular season, nothing like the playoffs and the playoffs, and nothing like the finals. So being able to get to all of those spots within my first year kind of sets me up for the rest of my career because I've been there.
Speaker 5: I've seen it all.
Speaker 6: I've seen like obviously the different stuff, but I've seen every level and that was really cool for me. And then too, being on such a good team to where I'm not playing a lot throughout the season, not playing at all in the playoffs, but then Dallas series, having a couple of things go go left, and now I'm playing twenty minutes a game in the playoffs and all the presses of it and being able to like stay composed and you know, you nervous to a certain extent going into that game, but being able to like be okay with it and hoop and play good and get back like me, So just being like everybody talking about staying ready and this and that being able to do that at this point, but I've been doing that since I've been to the NBA, and doing it at the highest level too, in the playoffs. It's like everything else is easier. So being able to being able to experience that my first year and then like the parade and the uh going to Vegas, going like doing all of that celebrated championship, That's all stuff I've done before too now, and you know, life the just compilation of experiences, So adding those to it just heightened it.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 3: Man, You're a lucky dude, man, but you earned it. You deserve it.
Speaker 4: And man, who wouldn't want to rock with Draymond Green me being the co host?
Speaker 3: I already know how he is. Shit, I'm fortunate and I'm lucky.
Speaker 4: Man, This dude is, you know, one of the realists, Like you got a dope y'all got a dope synergy and connection as young dude and bet y'all keep that shit going, you know what I mean, Like y'all keep building on that brotherhood that this is an example of you know, how we should be, you know what I mean. Sure, I'm just kind of like almost like a fly on the wall. But I'm just admiring like the brotherhood, and you know, I appreciate y'all or you know, ship for making it happen.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just good to see that y'all got me. Hella, I'm in a positive light right now. Man, I got me in a hell of positive.
Speaker 3: Light, my dog.
Speaker 1: Hey, we appreciate you BD and more money. We definitely appreciate you coming on. Bro.
Speaker 3: It's been ah so you've been a year four and you on the show.
Speaker 5: You earned it.
Speaker 1: Though, I always say like, I don't just want to talk to somebody because they got drafted into the NBA. I want to talk to you because you accomplished something, because you got something to talk about, because you have worked to attain a goal and you reach that goal. I want to talk to like minded individuals. Just because you make it to the NBA. That doesn't make us necessarily like minded individuals, right, But to watch you put the work in go earn something, even when it wasn't always in your favor to go earn something, I respect, I love it. I appreciate both of y'all fellas, and we appreciate you the fans, We thank you for tuning in. Make sure you subscribe, get your podcasts. Wherever you get your podcasts, you make sure you get this podcast. Take a listen, tap in. We appreciate y'all. Until next time.
Speaker 3: That's a rap. Peace the volume