Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of reason I'm like, shakey, I am ja.
Speaker 3: Out, Bryant, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us. Yeah once again, Yes, thank you, Robin. We love you all so much.
Speaker 2: Robin.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being my friends. Yes, yeah, my pleasure. Oh really, your pleasure. I know, it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like when in between recording, Yeah, I'm like, I haven't seen Jaselle in a while. It's like, I know, we see each other all the time when you really think about it, Like how many people actually see their friend?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but you've been very busy glow thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, I did some intel out here in these streets about Glow thirty because you know, Carly, our defunct doo has seen it, yes.
Speaker 3: And I have not. And she was like, oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh when I walked in, almost crying, so proud of Robin.
Speaker 3: Is so amazing?
Speaker 2: Is this is that? And I'm like I was kind of pissed because I was like, well, damn, I haven't seen shit.
Speaker 3: Well, but I will. I offer you did while I was out of town for you.
Speaker 1: To come because we have been doing training for the past couple of weeks and this is actually my shady moment.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, get into it. Working is shady?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, business woman, business owner, brick and mortar.
Speaker 3: Shady.
Speaker 2: What did I get myself into? Oh my gosh, okay, y'all.
Speaker 1: So, I mean it's all beautiful, it's all like just great things. I'm super duper proud of myself and I never really like pat myself on the.
Speaker 3: Back that yes, but oh my gosh, like.
Speaker 2: The time that it takes out of my day, the time that it takes off that couch.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that couch hasn't seen your bot.
Speaker 1: No it has not, because between you know, working all day. Because like I said, okay, we've been training past two weeks in preparation for opening, which is taking place this week October twenty second. We're going to be welcoming our first clients through our doors. We have a jam packed day. You know, it'll be a great week, great opening week. So we've been preparing for that and it's just like between just me having to be there all the time and managing employees, yeah, and then interacting with corporate and learning everything. And I mean my to do list is like crazy, and I know a lot of y'all out here like, oh my god, Robin, like welcome to the real world, right to the gate. And you know, before I thought I was doing something, because yes I have. I have multiple businesses, right, we have reasonably shady. I have embellished my hats, which is still popping. So don't forget y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all y'all need a hat sat in line hat, go on and get one embellish dot shop.
Speaker 3: Okay, So wait, are you gonna have hats at Glow thirty?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: No it mingle yeah, okay, I can't co mingle you know, all my my businesses anyway. So it's one thing, though, to like be able to work like an e commerce business.
Speaker 3: From your couch. Yeah right, you know, like I have.
Speaker 1: I had a wonderful I have a wonderful person that processes my orders. Like you know that. I don't really have to do anything. I don't have to be anywhere but my couch with my laptop to run my embellished business unless I have to like take photos or whatever.
Speaker 3: Blah blah, blah.
Speaker 1: But whoa like having an actual brick and mortar that's open seven days a week from ten to seven, with employees, gee, customers walking in all throughout the day, and you have all the you know, software systems you have to learn, and all the products and all the treatments and all the Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, it's shady. It's not shady, it's actually beautiful. It is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I'm super proud of myself. I kind of reflect back on like when Wam was in the NBA. We were married, he was in the NBA, and he did not take advantage of his resources when he was playing, which like meaning when he was playing, he didn't set up side businesses, right, So I would if we could have done it all over again, Yeah, we would have had, you know, multiple franchises by the time he was finished playing.
Speaker 3: Yes, but we didn't do that.
Speaker 1: And so I when I was on Housewives, I'm like, I have to do something not that it's like fleeting, but something that will pretty much that I can like set myself up for.
Speaker 3: The rest of rest of my life. Ball a shot call out here in these streets. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I chose to like invest my money that I made from housewives into purchasing a business and opening a business a franchise. Yeah, so hopefully it'll it'll provide to be fruitful.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I can't wait till I go lay my eyes on it. Yes, yes, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: And if you all are in the area, please, you know, sign up for our membership. It's a great value right now. We have founder's rates for eighty nine dollars a month. You can get great, amazing facials every month for just eighty nine dollars a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Party to come maybe probably, Yeah, once we get the opening and you know, like like what did you get your beds? Oh my god, beds having come. That's a shady moment. That's a I'm not off the truck. So the beds.
Speaker 1: So remember, you know, the the people were on strike, your black workers were on strike.
Speaker 3: And the strike ended, and so I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, my beds are gonna like yeah, it'll be good because the shipper was saying my beds were going to get to the die on October fifth. Okay, I get a message. I don't know, maybe on October fourth, I don't know what day they sent me. The message and said, oh you're now your beds are arriving on October twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: I said, huh, I don't know, how do you go from that? After the opening? Yes, so what are we doing?
Speaker 1: So we're getting some fortunately for me the corporate Glow thirty they're local, so they have some extra beds.
Speaker 3: Oh cool that.
Speaker 1: They're going to send to me temporarily until my real beds get here. Okay, but it's definitely like if I wasn't local to them, it'd be a problem because right now, like so we've been in in the studio doing training on massage tables.
Speaker 3: Like you know what I'm saying. But that's okay, Yeah, I mean it is what it is. But like I don't want that for my opening.
Speaker 1: I don't want like my clients to come in and be on a massage table because no, but they you know, like like I say, one of those like portable massage tables that like you just kind of fold and you know, carry away with.
Speaker 2: A handle, like those types of tables. Like no, So anyway, yeah, it's it's been. It's it's been a lot. But working is very shady. I have so much respect.
Speaker 1: Oh and then that's what I'm trying to say, I gotta get my kids to school.
Speaker 3: I go, Yeah, you gotta go to go to work. I got to pick my kids up from school.
Speaker 1: I got to go to their you know, soccer games and take them to basketball training.
Speaker 2: You gotta be a mom at it's yeah, it's called welcome to what everyone else does. But even we were doing Housewives, it was like raising those kids was hard while we were doing Housewives.
Speaker 1: It is, but you still like the schedule. We still have a ton of flexibility.
Speaker 2: Right totally. You know, like there were days when we didn't come home. Well yeah, yeah, we thought we was coming home, we didn't come home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, for sure, definitely. You know, Housewives is like a boot camp. Yeah, it's like a short period of time. You know, it's like what three three months, three and a half months out of the the year. Short period of times, like a little boot camp. So I'm not gonna say that like prepared me for this.
Speaker 3: But yes, you got this, Robin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for me, honestly, the goal is to once everything's up and running, my employees are straight, the clientele is straight, that I won't be.
Speaker 3: There all day every Now, you don't got time for that work all. That's a goal.
Speaker 1: Like when you're a boss, like boss and you know it's so funny, you know how like I feel like a housewives. People throw that word boss around.
Speaker 3: Like it's candy.
Speaker 2: I'm a boss, I'm a boss boss.
Speaker 3: I hate that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, none of none of y'all are bosses until you actually have a staff of people, until you have like a whole business, until you're like paying benefits. You're not a boss, y'all. Hear it at y'all ain't bosses? Yeah, and I stand by it, y'all not No, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unless I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess what. Heather on Salt Lake City has a business business.
Speaker 2: Her a lot, well lots a lot of housewives does have we talk up with home some of them do.
Speaker 1: But even if it's like, oh, I have a I have a wine whatever, I don't know, I have a wine candles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, actually that one doesn't say she's a boss. What's the other one?
Speaker 3: Due no couple.
Speaker 1: I think that one of the candy boss. I don't know, baby, I don't know, but I'm just I'm just like, no, you're not a boss until you I'm not trying to diminish entrepreneurs now, like e commerce businesses or whatever at all, because I've done that for years, but not until you actually have a brick and mortar and staff and paying them, you know, a whole salary and benefits and you know, dealing with compliance and all this type of shit.
Speaker 3: You ain't no damn boss, ye, So keep the that word boss to yourself. Yeah, yeah, or use it loosely.
Speaker 2: Or not loosely. Don't use it so losely.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, y'all know what I meant. All right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So my shady moment is is quick and easy.
Speaker 3: Okay. So actually it's like it's a long one. Okay. So went to Angel had.
Speaker 2: A Angel had a what do you call fall break? And she asked her mother to come and spend her fall break with her in Atlanta because she loves.
Speaker 3: Me, no you, because she wanted to be in the Saint Regions.
Speaker 2: Yes she did, right and yes, and I acted like she loved me, okay, right, so but she does, so she could have spent that with, you know, maybe her dad. But so I I went down to Atlanta, booked us in the Saint Regis, booked us a bunch of Spain, spaw appointments everything. Now, I do love the Saint Regis in Atlanta, Okay, because for whatever reason, they have mastered the art of making pancakes their breakfast situation. With those pancakes, I have never had a better pancake than Saint Regis in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: And I take pride in pancakes. Pancakes. I make pancakes. They got me beat.
Speaker 2: They have the crispy edges with the fluffy in the like the middle part is like with just melting your mouth, just buttery. Whoa Okay, So every day Angel and I were downstairs at the Saint Regis and the breakfast area ordering pancakes. One day I made a mistake of ordering French toast. Why did I do that? I just ate of Angels pancakes. I do love French toes.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no.
Speaker 2: So my main man who was working the breakfast can't remember his name, let's just call him Charles.
Speaker 3: He was amazing. He was like the best. Oh no, he was a waiter. He was like the best waiter.
Speaker 2: Anything that I could think that I wanted, like, you know, my orange juice over on to the right, or like my fork to the left.
Speaker 3: He just did it for me before I think about doing it. He was Johnny on the Spot. He was borderline of Ninja.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's Saint Regis. That's how they do excellence upon excellence. So it worked out well until he almost took my plate. Ooh, and I wasn't actually finished.
Speaker 3: You have one more pancakes?
Speaker 2: Square had like some some remnants, some pancake remnants, and he came to try to take my plate and I smacked his hand. I just smacked him. I said, what are you doing? And he was like, oh, I'm so sorry, Miss Bryant, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I was like, playa, what is happening? I'm not done? So he said, I just want to be sure that I exceed your expectations.
Speaker 3: If you don't have to think that, I'll do it for you.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh and Johnny on the Spot too quick, Johnny on the Spot, too quick. So then I said, he said, yeah, we've been working on our like five star customer service and he said they won. So I was like, okay, I see that because you you were up on it. So I said, what did you get?
Speaker 3: You get a raise?
Speaker 2: Right? He said he got it, can't even say it with a straight face. He said, he got a gift certificate to publics? What for twenty dollars? Really, he got a twenty dollar gift card to publics? What for being top rated? Top top, top five star. Saint Regis, y'all is shade. Yeah, y'all can't give this man some money, real money.
Speaker 3: Oh, we don't give him in trouble. Listen, you don't miss the same reaches. Don't come for me. Just give the breakfast people more money, more money. Yes, twenty dollars is a little ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then he said that's a little cheap.
Speaker 2: The next day I saw him and he was, you know, I was asking him about that twenty oh Angel mentioned the twenty dollars public card and he said he got an award for something else and.
Speaker 3: He got fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh card, Okay, they raised it to fifty.
Speaker 3: That's better. Save Regis, y'all are shady.
Speaker 2: Give these people what they deserve, which is a raise, I agree, a real one. Yeah, yeah, increase, I agree. So, Saint Regis, I'm coming for you now.
Speaker 1: My two dollar gift card one hundred something, I mean something. Yeah, And why is that to be the public ex give me a gift card. Groceries are expensive.
Speaker 2: I take Amazon, right, because you know you're getting something off of Amazon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so and don't like black our reservation and you know it, and you know what, you know what.
Speaker 1: Charles was probably so gracious and grateful for that twenty dollars gift card.
Speaker 2: You know, he said it was some tracks. Oh Charles is like this, so oh shit, but he was amazing. I'm mad that I don't remember his name. He was absolutely No, it's actually good that you don't remember him. So that the saint where you just can't be like, yo, employee, why are you telling our business? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Those pancakes are phenomenal. Make me want to go get some.
Speaker 2: Speaking of phenomenal, yeah, definitely speaking a phenomenal. Can we talk about the Victoria's Secret Fashion show? Yes, because like all the girl these came out, they had their wings.
Speaker 3: They were up. Did we Where has it been this grand?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, they haven't had a Victoria Secret Fashion.
Speaker 2: Show in a long time. Oh really, yeah, I think it like it went away for a while.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'll probably COVID and all that.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know or maybe just lack of interest.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know. Nobody cared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but it's back, right, it's back. And they brought some like old school Tyra Banks came out of nowhere, thick slimstick and she's not even a slim thicks I mean, but she she's trut of her stuff.
Speaker 3: She did. I was like, not mad at her at all. They brought another one.
Speaker 1: Joan Small's. She was yes, still very like slim.
Speaker 3: Yes, Joan.
Speaker 2: And then Adriana or adrian somebody, Oh did she she was, yes.
Speaker 3: She came out.
Speaker 2: When Tyra came out, it was it was like show is over, shut it down.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for me or you to come out. I mean Tyra came by breaking out to sell a robin.
Speaker 2: I mean because we could strut up and down with our lingerie on wings.
Speaker 3: I want a wing, give me some wings.
Speaker 1: Could I could do the wings, but the lingerie?
Speaker 3: Listen, we can have Tyra had on like she had on pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could have warred with yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know them little skinny, little little skinny things they would wear.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm not wearing a thong and strutting down with my thong on. But they could give us something age appropriate, body appropriate, and Robin and I are putting. Okay, rob gonna be there next year. Y'all stop hating on us. I don't know why they continue to hate on us.
Speaker 3: No, that was, that was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was really cool to see Tyer Bank strutting her stuff. You know, it's funny of course, like you know, back in the America's Top America's Next Top Model days, Yeah, she would critique people because they were.
Speaker 3: Thickham's okay, and and then now she's thick them.
Speaker 2: Oh but Naomi Campbell came out with something to like support her, to support Tyra.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yes, I think she.
Speaker 2: There's a video of like walk like Tyra, like data like she she posted that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Naomi was never a Victoria's Secret Model. I guess not.
Speaker 3: I would say that's probably beneath her.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, yes, it is speaking of not beneath okay. So Tom Brady announces that he has joined the Las Vegas Raiders ownership group.
Speaker 3: Good for him, great for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you know how difficult it is for these players to join and be then in ownership?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you gotta have a ton of money. Yes, you gotta have a ton of money.
Speaker 2: However, they know one you have to have a ton of money, and they all have to agree, all the owner other owners have to agree, and.
Speaker 3: Well think about it. I'm not okay, go ahead, So I'm not gonna stay the obvious, but go ahead. Okay. See you don't like I don't Why don't you like Tom Brady?
Speaker 2: Because Tom Brady is it was a legend, Okay, he was like really good.
Speaker 1: He was a one of the best quarterbacks. He won many, many, many Super Bowls, and he has the money to do it. Yes, there may have been other football legends, but they don't have the money to do it, right, Okay, so they may not have the interest to do it. Also, if you look at the NBA, how many players do you former players do you see owning teams?
Speaker 3: Michael Jordan? Okay? Rue?
Speaker 1: But okay, so like out of the out of the NFL, like who else If there was to be a former player that would have ownership in a team, who else but Tom Brady would it be?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm not really into football like that. But Dion, No, he don't have the money he don't have the money.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, I'm saying, yeah, Tian has money, but you have like Tom Brady made a ton of money he did.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, I'm happy for you time. Yes, I'm happy for you. Okay, yes, okay, I'm gonna be quiet all right. So, speaking of football, Rock Nation in the NFL have extended their Super Bowl halftime partnership, which means that jay Z will still be picking okay, the person for the halftime show.
Speaker 3: Okay, for how long?
Speaker 1: So like so when they say extend that just that just means like they added more years to the contract.
Speaker 2: They added more years to the contract. I'm trying to see how many more years. It doesn't say. But okay, I'm happy with this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like since he's been picking the people, it's been pretty good. I think they should wait and see what happens with this. Kendrick Lamarshall first, I.
Speaker 2: Mean going to kill it. He's gonna play not like Okay, they're not like us better song that they keep playing on the radio. They're pushing this new song.
Speaker 3: What is it? I don't what what the hell is it called?
Speaker 2: That one?
Speaker 3: I like? No turn this off? Nobody wants to hear this, Okay, okay, not like us. Okay, So if he plays that over and over again, he's fine. He I'll take that.
Speaker 2: I'll take that all the people from La Get Out and Crip Wall I'll take it, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: That'll be like the whole it'll it'll that'll have a lot of electricity.
Speaker 3: Yes, where did the hell? Where does the name of this song? They watch the Party Die, Watch the Party Die. That's what it's called.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh that does That's not even a good title, exactly, watch the Party Die?
Speaker 3: Yes, why is the party dying? I don't know the party.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe this has something to do with Sean P. Diddy comb because Sean was always like, can't.
Speaker 3: Stop mullstops, can't stop mostop.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, maybe maybe he's talking about Sean the p d d Cones.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kendrick released this latest track eighteen years after hip Hop Is Dead in a landscape that feels even more dire than the one I spoke out against. Okay, so yeah, so yeah, yeah, he could be sending some type of message.
Speaker 2: Yes, and in his mess but his messages are very direct, do they're not really subliminal? Yeah?
Speaker 1: At this point, I mean, you might as well. We'll just keep it, keep it coming, right, you might as well.
Speaker 2: Just okay, can we talk about can we? Okay, speaking of the football, we're still on football. This little Kayla Nicole girl? Oh yeah, okay, okay, I'm sorry, Kayla, I'm sorry. You're not little. I didn't mean to say it like Daryl. And you're not a girl. You're grown ass woman. Okay, So let's start Out's start over, Kayla Nicole? Who is what used to date? M hm Travis Kelcey. Yes, but she's a she's in sports, right?
Speaker 3: What does she do? To be honest? I don't know. Okay, it's so I think talk in fact check me if you want. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you like Travis Kelsey was on a dating show on E Channel, Yes, and he had like a bunch of women to choose from, and he told her. I think he chose her. I think that's who she is.
Speaker 2: Okay, well but this was this was his legit girlfriend for a while who supposedly said they broke up because he was cheap or something, but that wasn't true. Okay, okay, okay, So she goes on Angel Reese shout out has a podcast? Right?
Speaker 3: Everyone have a podcast? Yes? Everyone? Everyone? I just saw the other day I digressed that Cynthia and.
Speaker 2: Yes, Crystal mink Off from don't have a podcast. Right, I saw that who knew that they were even friend right to the point where they would have a podcast. I mean, I love me some Cynthia, I don't really have Crystal, but like it was, it's a weird combo.
Speaker 1: That is a weird combo. But I mean I'm interesting to see, interested to see what that.
Speaker 3: Looks like, that that part and or even how they like.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they I'm sure on their first episode they'll probably explained like, Okay, why do we have a podcast together?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So yeah they better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But and we know Cynthia saying we know Cynthia has like an opinion, and she's opinionated, and she can give good she can give interesting takes on things. Does Crystal have a personality? I don't know Crystal to give an opinion on anything, right.
Speaker 1: I kind of think on Beverly Hills, we weren't really able to see Crystal's personality.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, is she still on Beverly Hill.
Speaker 2: No, she's she's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh she got booted. Yep, just like me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would around the same time I did.
Speaker 3: No way, I would never put you in Christal on the same boat.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, we're not in the same boat. Her husband is like, Omega.
Speaker 2: No, you know what I'm saying, ribbing, and I can take this to a whole another level. Any Way, we wish all these podcasts great.
Speaker 3: Just just rock out.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, let's get back to Angel Reese has a podcast shout out to Baltimore Girl and who, by the way, said that the w NBA does not pay her bills. I saw that, yes, right, but I believe that well, and I believe it too.
Speaker 3: I didn't listen to the whole thing, but apparently I saw.
Speaker 1: I read I'll like read a caption, and then I'll read the comments, and then of course the comment was like, well, you have your your condo was eight thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 2: So let's start there, Angel, maybe you're living beyond your means. Yes, And then she lived does she.
Speaker 1: Live in well, I mean she in Chicago, so I don't know. I guess she's talking about her condo in Chicago, but they're only there for a few months out of the year, okay, but the w B yeah, no, they make very the women make very little money. I want to say, like the highest paid players probably make even a million, no, like two hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're working on that because they're now there could because the games are now sold out, right, and so yeah, they need to.
Speaker 1: Be well it's I mean there's Caitlyn Clark's games.
Speaker 2: Are sold out, Yes's and Angel Reese's okay, yeah, so like if I'm selling out the stadium, yeah, you got to pay me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I think they're going to restructure some things, but I still don't don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 1: But still for a young girl, well she doesn't make two hundred something, I don't know what she makes. I'm saying the highest paid player makes like two hundred.
Speaker 2: I thought with Caitlin they made some changes, not that quickly. Oh wow, No, this is Caitlyn's first year. Yeah, and they probably she got to herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and well not that they probably have to see if if that lasts.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, the interest last yeah, yeah, that whole prove yourself. We we we we had lived that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I mean I think cal and That's the thing. I think Caitlyn Clark's team will be sold out. I think any anywhere she goes it'll be sold out.
Speaker 3: But I don't they.
Speaker 1: I think they have to see if the excitement translates across the board.
Speaker 2: Right across the teams. Okay, we digress. Let's get back to the Kate.
Speaker 3: What's the girl name? Kayla Nicole? Kayla Nicole? The little girl?
Speaker 2: Was that? Say it again?
Speaker 3: The little girl? All right? Confusing me?
Speaker 2: Okay, So she went on Angel Rees and she started talking right, Okay, I don't really know what she said, right, But what I do know is she went to another podcast with the guys. I don't know what that podcast is, and she started being like, oh wow. It was like two days later, She's like, wow, I kind of regret some of the things I said, like two days ago. Yeah, was said to me, where are your people? Where are PR people? Where your management people? Where's your media training? Right?
Speaker 1: So what she said was it was something like and I was confused.
Speaker 3: Maybe she dated a.
Speaker 1: Guy that used to date Tianna Taylor. No, married, It was she dated Imon Sharper. Yes, Oh so she was dating Tiana Taylor's ex husband when they but they weren't married, don't thing. Yeah after after they divorced or whatever. No recent Yeah after and Tiana Taylor, I'm lying, broke up. This was I think a while ago. Okay, I think a while ago.
Speaker 2: She was dating oh boy before they got married, before him and and Tianna got married, Okay, Or maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because she she says on the podcast that she intentionally dressed up like Taylor, which is wild?
Speaker 3: Is that not wild?
Speaker 2: Creepy? That's creepy. It's crazy. And then everybody's taking pictures of her dressed up, like, right, listen, listen, Kayla, is that her name?
Speaker 3: Kayla? Keep that shit to yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she should have kept that shit to herself. Yes, but I think there was Like this is the problem with podcasts. It's very easy to take a clip and just hear her say that one part, but they don't show the whatever the con if there was more context to it. They don't show what she said before, what she said after. Totally she could have said, yes, I did this and looking back, that was not a good decision and or or whatever.
Speaker 3: Like I was tripping.
Speaker 1: I was like, let me tell you a story where I had totally lost my mind, like she could have.
Speaker 2: She could have.
Speaker 3: Said, she could have said all of that. They're not going to show that.
Speaker 1: But the only thing we're gonna see is her saying that she intentionally dressed up like somebody's ex or something.
Speaker 3: Right, So, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Because that's a little that's borderline, because they're all, you know, guys are always like, oh you know, in six months, am I gonna find out that you're crazy? Right? That's that's finding out that you're crazy crazy. That's like, that's whenever you do that.
Speaker 3: Shit, you are crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That Now Ariana Grande has they people have said back in the day that she was she might be a little crazy, especially when she looked all the donuts.
Speaker 3: Remember when she looked all the donuts.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I love me some Ariana grand Day. She got on satur down.
Speaker 3: Did you see her on Saturday night? Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Her ability to sing imitate sing impression you've heard her do, like the impressions of people saying she does it better than the person, really borderline. Okay, not Mariah, because you know Mariah is Mariah.
Speaker 1: But she's the second best thing to Mariah.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then no, but she did Whitney Houston and it was almost there. It wasn't Whitney, but it was so damn close. Really, I was like, Ariana Grande, you got those pipes?
Speaker 3: Oh wow. Yes, she's super talented.
Speaker 2: But she can definitely do Christina Aguilar are better than Christina. Okay, she can do get everybody else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, better than that.
Speaker 1: But I'm a Rya or with Okay, I'm gonna have to find the clips. Yeah, because I did not see that. But she's a talented girl. No, she's outstanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looked all the donuts. Yes, rememb where she looked all the donuts? Yeah, oh fin Like why did she do that? I don't know why she did that. She was with I think Big Sean at the time. Big Sean told her to do it. Sadly, Liam from one Direction. This made me sad passed away right, he was what thirty one thirty one? And my kids called me because you know, they're big one direction fans, and I had I can't get them all straight.
Speaker 3: So I thought this was the one that has a baby with Gigi Hadi. Okay, but it's not so yes, so sad, so sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean, I think details at this point are still coming out, but I guess he was trash in a room, Like I don't know, he was going through some sort of episode where he was on drugs and trash in a room and just really in a bad place. And it's just like, gosh, it's so unfortunate, like you just see what happens. I you know, I don't know what his life was before he was on one direction before he found fame, but it probably.
Speaker 3: Was a lot more peaceful, you know, totally.
Speaker 1: You just wonder, like it's so sad, like people in the music industry end up giving up something, you know, when they're in the industry and they get exposed to things, and I imagine like maybe he hasn't been singing in a while, or he hasn't been like in the limelight in a while, and maybe that affected his well being and.
Speaker 3: Well, he was open about talking about his struggles with drugs.
Speaker 2: He was yeah, oh wow, but yeah, I mean it's just oh yeah, very sad.
Speaker 3: It's just sad.
Speaker 2: So I have in good news, Yes, give it to me, HBCU News.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Forbes released a twenty twenty four report of graduate earnings ten years removed from college.
Speaker 2: Okay, we rich Picchues come on with.
Speaker 1: It is very interesting. Okay, So More House and I guess this is like average. Let's say these are averages. So Morehouse one hundred and twenty four thousand, Howard one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: What so ten years after you have graduated from Morehouse, you're only making one hundred.
Speaker 1: And twenty four thousand. Yeah, okay, it's probably averages. Okay, just keep listening. Okay, I'm sorry, keep listening. Morehouse one hundred and twenty four thousand. All these people aren't on Housewives. Just oh okay, all right, okay, this is good, This is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, alright, one.
Speaker 1: Hundred twenty four thousand, Howard one hundred twenty thousand, North Carolina A and T one hundred and eleven thousand, okay, The University of Michigan eighty five thousand, The University of Alabama forty nine thousand.
Speaker 2: What, no way, this is what it says. So they're like half of kids coming out of an HBCU.
Speaker 3: At least yeah, some of them. Yeah thousand, Yes.
Speaker 2: Ten years down the road, you're not even paying off your your student loans. God damn right, we gotta do something better with jobs out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think, I don't know, I think that speaks to the quality and the quality of the education at an HBCU the caliber of the students who graduate from HBCUs told me. Of course, it's a smaller pool of people, so you have a more concentrated group of people who are out in the work field versus like, Okay, you know, University of Michigan probably one hundred thousand people enrolled in, you know.
Speaker 3: At one time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have people who just I don't know, just have all types of different jobs. Right, So I'm sure they have very successful people, but they also probably people who aren't working.
Speaker 3: But I just think that was interesting.
Speaker 2: That is so interesting. Listen, y'all know all three of my kids go to an HBC. Yeah, they're about to be tire, mean I about to be retired exactly, Yes, right, they're going to take care of you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think hbcused definitely instill a you know, just like a will to like really work hard, you know, and just to make do for yourselves. Like where at a big public institution, it's just like.
Speaker 3: You get lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can definitely get lost and you can speak to that because you went to University of Maryland and whereas an HBCU it's a smaller situation. Yeah, and they definitely constantly instill like self confidence, self worth, making sure that you are you know, they have so many people that help you, assist you, like your advisors and your mentors and all that help you set up the rest of your life, the.
Speaker 3: Rest of your life.
Speaker 1: And then when you get out, you have a network, yes, right of people who have come through the schools that you know will kind of look out for you.
Speaker 3: Totally, right, totally.
Speaker 2: So Okay, So my kids made a good decision, Yes, gone off to an HBCU. And you know, and I've said this before, my children are fourth generation HBCU on Jamal's side, so Jamal's grandfather, father, Jamal my kids. Okay, yeah, wow on my side. Three that's awesome. Yes, I know. Look, just outstanding human beings we are, and Robin you are not.
Speaker 3: You did not go to an HBCU.
Speaker 2: All right, Can we talk about crumble cookies? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you a Crumble cookie fan?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do you understand iver I've never I've never had one?
Speaker 3: What I've never had one? Blasphemy? What are you talking about. I've never had one, none of you.
Speaker 2: Your kids have never come home and been like, got to go to Crumble cook Carter has asked me to take them to Crumble Cookies.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's like it's there's not one near my house.
Speaker 3: There's one out of the way.
Speaker 1: There was what it's another cookie place that he made me go to.
Speaker 3: But Baked Bear no, no? Oh, Insomnia, yes, yes, okay, yes, insomnias are great. So he made me go to Insomnia because we were near one.
Speaker 2: The fact that I know this like right off the top of my head is right, sir. It's like it means I have girls, right.
Speaker 1: But Crumble he wants one, Yeah, but it's like it's like out of the way, okay. And then yeah, they're on door dash. But so the one that's on door dash, it's out of the way. So it's like an extra you know, delivery. Whatever Carter's worth, it is it. But yes, then I would get the reviews and they're like they only didn't send me my whole.
Speaker 3: Order, you know, I don't know. It's like all the reviews were like, that's sad. You can get him, you can get it for him.
Speaker 2: One time.
Speaker 3: By the way, we're gonna talk about Corey in a second.
Speaker 2: We can talk. We'll come back to Crumble. I told my kids Corey goes to the high school he goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They were so excited. Oh really, they were like, that's the best decision for him. Okay, they were talking. I mean they acted like they knew about the whole sports thing or whatever, but they were saying, sports wise, yeah, it is the best decision for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, litt So we went to the football game the other day and it was kids from like all of the schools at the football game. It's like everyone comes to that to his school to like hang out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, well not only that, like but I'm talking about cultivating the athlete.
Speaker 3: Well right right right, yeah, and then that too.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, like it's like it's also just I don't know, like people they like to come to the school to hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be careful with that because you know that the hotties are out here, the bodies, yes, the girls trying to come after your son.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's get back to the Crumble.
Speaker 2: So Crumble. The the the deal with Crumble is every week they changed the menu Okay, So let's say they offer eight cookies, like every week they make some changes. So that's what keeps the kids in treat because they're like, oh my god, what's going to be on the menu this week?
Speaker 3: Now here are recently cookies like humongous.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're big. Okay, yeah, but here, but you have to because they change it every week.
Speaker 3: You want to taste it.
Speaker 2: So you you know, we if we go to Crumble, were getting a dozen and just because we want to be able to taste all the flavors. Okay, okay. Here recently they've been adding cakes oh to their menu, and it sent the TikTok An uproar because people are like, this is a bullshit.
Speaker 3: And people are going to Crumble. They're mad.
Speaker 2: Well, they had one that was a buttercake. Oh, I loved it. It was like their version of a buttercake.
Speaker 3: That sounds good.
Speaker 2: Yes, their version of like strawberry shortcake all that. So I'm just here to say leave Crumble alone because they're doing their thing. One time they had oh, this is what they need to put back on at rice krispy tree, which is not a cookie, it's a rice krispy tree.
Speaker 3: That thing was amazing really, and they haven't put it back on since.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what's your favorite cookie that you've had from there? The rice Krispy Tree. I like the buttercake. The buttercake is probably never coming back.
Speaker 3: Cookies, Okay. So they have their regular sugar cookie with pink frosting.
Speaker 2: It's really good. Standard their regular chocolate chip cookies, so it's a little more cakey than cookie, but it's still amazing. So crumble, I'm here to tell y'all keep doing you'all thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So I know some of my son Carter, he's like a foodie. So there's like this guy on TikTok or yeah, maybe I don't TikTok. Yeah, that he'll order a whole box of them, yeah, like twelve krumble cookies, and then he will run off all the calories.
Speaker 2: No, no, we should never know what the calories are. Yes, and I mean the calories are insane. Yeah, but it's okay. So what we do is, if I get a dozen, We're I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Only I mean no, he'll eat all twelve of them, oh shit, And he'll say, okay, this is how many however many thousand calories I just eight. Now I'm gonna go running. I'm gonna go outside and run and burn thousands of calories in one and he'll it's the.
Speaker 2: Most bizarre because actually it doesn't work that way all right, right, exactly exactly, but that's his thing.
Speaker 3: That's like his stick, Like, Okay, watch me run off, watch me eat a whole walk to Crumble cookies and then run all the calories on all five thousand galleries. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well I would never eat like a whole one like I'll eat. I will cut them up. I'll eat like a pizza of one.
Speaker 3: So could you imagine eating twelve?
Speaker 2: Hell no, you can't even eat really one, like it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So that's why I know.
Speaker 1: About Krumble Cookies because he'll be watching that and the guy is just like stuff in his space with these big ass cookies.
Speaker 2: And then of course Carter's like I want some. I'm like what, yes, yes, it's there. There's one on rock for Pike.
Speaker 1: So okay, Oh, he would like a closer to me. Howard County, I feel like, so when I go out, and that's kind of along the way to Corey School.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and they have weird hours Oh, so you got to make sure if you're going actually the actual store, you gotta make sure you go with the hours. And there they're clothes on Sunday. I know way too much about rumble cookies. Anyway, we're leaving, y'all because we don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or.
Speaker 3: Oh my cush and run them off.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your
Speaker 2: Favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady