Speaker 1: Welcome to today's edition of The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to the Thursday edition of The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show. Some quick housekeeping. Buck is back, as in I'm normal today. Yesterday was a bit of a challenge. I appreciate all of you rolling with me. Had to hydrate in the breaks and it was a little touch and go. But I'm back, I'm healthy, ready to rock and play. Is having a great time with his family. He's on vacation. I think he's in Disney World or one of those places. I'm not sure where he is today, but we're all hoping he's having a great time with the fam. He'll be back with us, as we know, a week from tomorrow. So it's just going to be me informing you, entertaining you, rolling with you here for a week. So looking forward to getting to chat with you. All the calls, the talkbacks, we love them. Both. Give us light us up on those lines and send those talkbacks. Let's lay out where we're going today on the show real quick. So you know, some stuff coming out on the FBI and there's a little bit of pushback I think from some people on the right, our Director Patel and Deputy Director bon Gino moving fast enough? Are they doing the things? I was on Fox earlier this morning with Dana Perino, who's always so lovely, like such a nice person and very good broadcaster, and we were talking about this issue. I want to address it a bit because I think that there's a little bit of expectations management that our side should have. Not in terms of result, no, no, we all agree on the results, but in terms of timing, we need to give the people the time that they need. Speaking of which, Elon has said that his time is a special government employee has come to a conclusion. He put this out on x the platform that he owns, which now is actually a free speech platform. As my scheduled time as a special government employee comes to an end, I would like to thank President Trump for the opportunity to reduce wasteful spending. The DOGE mission will only strengthen over time as it becomes a way of life throughout the government. So Elon is going to go back to being the most important single CEO. And you know business, I don't like the term thought leader right because it's like the thought leader, I mean the guy is a thought leader, but I don't like to use that term. But he's going to go back to doing the full Elon routine, which is going to be I think great for SpaceX, for Tesla, for X, for Boring Company, for all the things that he has involved in. So this is where we get into a little bit speaking of expectations management of they've done what they could do. He did not unilaterally and this was known all along. He does not unilaterally have the authority the power. Doge didn't have to just say these cuts are going into effect money that Congress has appropriated. If Congress says this, uh, you know, this program for fiscal year twenty twenty five has ten million dollars or ten billion dollars, Doge couldn't just come along and say, yeah, they don't have ten billion dollars anymore. But this is where recisions come in. This also goes to our conversations over the Big Beautiful Bill. There's been a little bit of pushback here, including from some of the most pro Trump voices you will find in the Senate and just in general, who are saying, hey, Trump, I love you with all respect, You're doing great things. We all get that this isn't like some never trumpy wine fest. You think, eh, but like and I like the way you said it. No, that's for libs, that's for fake Republicans. This is just about Okay, it's halftime. It's not even halftime, to be clear, it's early. It's a time out in the first quarter of this administration, and we're all huddled together and some of us are saying, Hey, Trump, thank you for being the quarterback. But you know, can you hit that guy on the button hook? Clay would be proud by the way. I'm just gonna say, look at that button hook. But yeah, you know what I'm saying that that's the mentality, or rather that's the the rationale behind some of the pushback on this from people like Senator Ron Johnson, people like Senator Ran Paul. They're on board for the mission, but they want to shape this. And this is why it goes to the Senate. I bring it up because you know, yesterday I said we can't let the perfect of the enemy of the good. And I think I'm trying to so many administrations said it later that day. I'm trying to remember. I don't want to misquote, but somebody I heard somebody else say it, and I'm like, oh, yeah, that's right. They listened to this show. So I'm happy to happy to help, happy to help. And if that means I throw around a cliche that somebody else will have in their head later, great. But we've talked about the process and Steven Miller. I read his post on the big beautiful Bill still in process, and there are big things in this bill that will affect us, that will affect your family budget, that will affect the business that you own or that you work for in your town. I mean, there's this real stuff, right. This isn't sitting around arguing about the naming of the next post office in Topeka. No offense Topeka. But this is about big economic issue, structural issues, and setting the economy on a footing that will allow it to get to the best possible places, right, I mean tremendous prosperity, which I'm very confident in. You. I have not been gloom and doom about the Trump economy since he won that election for one moment, for one day, even when oh, the Trump procession is here, all the market is dropped. You can go back and listen to those shows we're like I kept saying, he knows what he's doing. Everyone just who's freaking out needs to as I believe they would say here in South Florida, tranquilo. Everyone needs to calm down. It's fine, okay, nothing terrible's happened. He knows what he's doing. Part of the complaints about the big beautiful bill, though, have been on where is where are the cuts? Where is DOGE and the ethos of DOGE being made real? And this is where you have OMB Director Russell Vaught, who is on the Cudlow Show, saying that yes, in fact, the administration is sending a recisions package to Congress. Let's hear it from the OMB director himself, play for I can.
Speaker 3: We'll be sending that up on Monday or Tuesday, whenever the House is back in session. They will get our first Decisions bill. And again this has been we're proposed, and we've talked about it. We want to make sure that Congress passes its first recisions bill, including the DOGE, and we will send more if they pass it.
Speaker 2: And so this is the first one is Foreign Aid.
Speaker 3: USAID cuts many of the waste and garbage that was funding not only wasteful but hurting our foreign policy. But also the Corporation for Public Broadcasting at NPR will be sending that up. And we're working with Congress and we've had good conversations to make sure that they knew what was coming. They had some input is to changes that could be made to make it something that could pass the House, and we're excited for that to occur next week.
Speaker 2: There you have it. I said, hold on a second, where are the doge cuts in the big beautiful bill. And Stephen Miller, who understands this process as well as anybody because he is look, he is at the center of what's going on in this White House. He is absolutely dialed in and he explained it to everybody, and he said, look, this is how it has to happen within the system. And let's be honest, even if you follow government and politics for a living, some of this stuff unless you I'll tell you this, some members of Congress don't even know this stuff that well. Their staff members do. Their staffers do, and they brief them on it, but they're like, wait, I gotta do that. The who's a what's it here? How does this work? Steven Miller came out and said here is what has to happen for the cuts to become real and final or to come to fruition. And now that process has gone to the next step. And now you'll see, Okay, does usaid, does the budget? Does Congress do what it's supposed to do? Does PBS get its government funding cut? I have I think the most perfect argument about this of anybody or anyone else is welcome to the bar. But I like to make arguments that other people can borrow them. That's fine. I just want the truth to win. But PBS and anybody else who is getting straight up government funding as a media entity, they cannot claim simultaneously, oh, we don't really need that funding. It's only a small percentage of our budget. And Comma, how dare they cut our budget? What are we going to do? This is tyranny. You are not entitled to federal funds as a media entity. This is insane. You know. I imagine all of a sudden and I would just say this, why is PBS getting money from the government. Clay and Bucks Show doesn't get any money from the government. We're a capitalist enterprise. Thanks to all of you who listen, and thanks to all of you who make our sponsors so successful, in the campaigns we have, in the partnerships we have on this show. Is thanks to you that this show exists. There's no there's no I mean, it would be kind of nice. I don't know, you get a check for ten million dollars for the government, you know, we'd give we give bonuses for the New York team or something out of that, right, I mean, this is this is the kind of thing that you sit there and you say, how has this even been able to exist as long as it has? And I want to get into this a little bit more on the Trump fight with Harvard, which I'll dive into in the bottom, which I think, I think this stuff is important. And there's a new addition to this too about foreign students from China. What's going on here? You know, were we bringing Were we bringing the best and the brightest from Moscow to study at cal Tech and MIT and I don't know, nuclear engineering or something. Were we doing that during the Cold War? I'm not aware of it in any real numbers. I mean, there was a lot of espionage going on, but I don't think we were welcoming, you know, Uh, tens of thousands of students from Moscow to come work at high levels of sensitive But we're doing that with China. We are, we have been doing and it's so dumb and so contra the national interest that when you say it out loud, it almost feels like, how is this? How's this possible? And then you can even take it a step further. How many Americans are getting access to the research being done by I don't know what the top Chinese universities are, but you know, let's just say the equivalent of University of Beijing. How many Americans are sitting in there classes learning about five G, learning about artificial intelligence, learning about next generation of microchips and what they're supercomputers. All that we all know the answer, Even if you don't follow the issue, you know the answer because you'd say, well, China is not that dumb, but we are. Trump comes along, This is one of his superpowers. The dumb things that we have as a country have been doing for such a long time that we just start to think that this is the way it has to be, because it seems like it's always been that way. Trump comes along and says, you know, that's a dumb thing, and we should stop doing it. Whether it's getting involved in foreign wars that we're not going to win and that aren't bringing any benefit to us or even the people in that country over the long term, or it's something as straightforward is why are we educating at the highest possible levels? Insensitive? They want to study Shakespeare. Okay, I'm a little more open to it as long as there's no Americans who are losing that spot in that school. Whole other conversation, but the top electrical engineering, top, microprocessor top, you know, theoretical physics, astrophysics. We're educating our biggest adversaries students, and by the way, in numbers that would blow your mind. I actually had a conversation randomly with the guy in the Princeton University electrical engineering labs a long time ago, and he said that if they wanted to, This was a long time ago. It was back when I was just out of school. He said, if they wanted to, they could take three classes or you know, three times as many students as they have from just China with perfect perfect scores for engineering, I mean perfect math scores. Everything. He says, you know, they don't take that many. It's not one hundred percent, but they could because they all want to come and they take a lot of them. And that's true of a lot of these schools. That needs to stop because they operate in America and they have to start seeing themselves as part of this country. They are not islands unto themselves. They do not have global tenure. So, if anything, what you're seeing right now is Trump putting into action that very important but very straightforward theory the dumb things that prior administrations have done that there can be no intelligent defense of. Whether it is funding PBS. I know they do it because it's left wing propaganda, but there's no real defense of this, not a serious defense, not an intellectually consistent one, or spending too much money, fraudulent stuff, sending money to people overseas, the stuff that Doge has found dumb. Right, we can all agree, or training the foreign adversaries brightest minds in the most sensitive technologies, when the wars and the economies of the future will be determined by technological prowess, very dumb. And it is, as I said, Trump's superpower among several, but one of his superpowers is to come along and say I no longer wish this country to do the things that we all know are dumb but have just kept doing with no good reason other than maybe politics or corruption. If you've received any IRS notices, don't ignore them, but don't panic either. Tax taxperts, sorry the experts at Rush Tax Resolution. Maybe taxperts, that's kind of cool. Rush Tax Resolution. They can help you. If you own a business and are behind on payroll taxes, the IRS has the power to shut you down, drain your bank account, and come after you personally. I just got a letter in the mail from the tax authority recently. Every time you open it you go, oh my gosh, I just went through a two year audit. This happens. And if you've gotten really behind, I know you can be freaked out. But the law. Longer you wait, it doesn't go away. You're in that system. And actually the longer you wait, the easier it is for them. They have more leverage, they have bigger fines, they have more stuff they can throw at you. Rush Tax Resolution can come in and help jop down this number eight seven seven five five four RUSH. That's eight seven seven five five four RUSH. Or you can go to Rush Tax Resolution dot com. And when you do this, by the way, a Rush Tax Resolution attorney will be on your side to get you peace of mind. If they take your case, they know what to do. They can also do a free IRS transcript investigation for you, which other firms will charge five hundred dollars for and they don't even know if they can help you. Rush Tax Resolution will only take your case if they know they can help period. Call this number eight seven seven five five four RUSH. That's eight seven seven five five four RUSH or go to Rush Tax Resolution dot com. You know one thing that I want you all to keep in mind is the Trump administration learned I think a very important lesson from the first at bat that Trump had. I think a Trump administration learned something really critical, and that is keep pushing and keep moving on all fronts. The first time around when they did these universal injunctions and it was a different team, and they've they've got the seasoned crew in place. Now these people all know this game. They don't have people that are like, hey, I've never done politics before, and you know, I kind of like Trump and like, oh you can be you know, White House Communications director. It's a different world. So they have brought in people who understand that if you allow the process to get bogged down, and if you allow them to weaponize the process essentially to thwart the agenda, you're dead in the water. So you have to just keep going. So that's why, even though this is what I do for a living and I'm every day reading, researching, reading, researching, it's tough to keep up on Oh wait, what's the latest universal injunction? And what are they saying? What is this judge saying about Trump or that judge saying about Trump, because they're not taking the approach that I think was really just more of the Republican way. Oh we're gonna do this thing. Oh the judge is gonna fight us on this. M m okay, Well, we don't want to seem like we're pushing too hard on stuff. So let's see how this goes. Is you know, is it going to go to the appeals court? Okay, let's wait, is the Supreme Court and you hear it, you know, and next thing you know, a year is passed. And on this issue, you've allowed them to run out the clock and that's their whole game. So much of what they did, and this was one of my great frustrations with the Russia collusion. Lie. People always say, oh, it wasn't successful, and I have to correct them. It wasn't totally successful. In the end, I think you can argue it was defeated and shown to be a fraud. But there were costs. You know, we took casual rualty, so to speak, along the way in the Trump movement, because they were able to make people show up for depositions and then testify under oath and get lawyers and the media and you know, and the whole thing was just kicking mud up in the air being Haha, you can't you can't do what you were elected to do, because we're we're saying now, we're saying, I don't hear you, la la la la, I don't hear you. I'm a Democrat. You know, whatever childish nonsense they had to do, they did well. This time around. The Trump team is going, Okay, let's do this, oh universal injunction. Cool day day two, next day, let's do this, oh universal injunction. Guess what we got something else? And this is the only way available within the system. We have to continue to play offense. So now what this means is that the left and the Democrats are going to be saying, look, oh he's dictator and he's tired, and look at all these things he's doing, because there's a lot going on. But we want there to be a lot going on. We want this movement to be happening on all these different fronts and these processes are playing out, so once again, we all want the same result on this stuff. The people that are trying to do this in this White House, they are pursuing this. I've never seen anything like this before. Most of my life in conservative media has been telling the truth about Democrats when their media outlets have all together much bigger, you know, ecosystem and have us outgunned, so to speak. I know, you know, the biggest talk radio shows are conservative, and yes Fox is the biggest cable channel. But when you add all those different and remember now we're like the unsinkable aircraft carriers are free speech and the Democrat media is like a little dinghy you no beep beep. You know, I don't think they have horns, but you know what I'm saying, maybe boats have horns, right, I'm not a boat guy, but you know they're not what they used to be right there. They're they're ships that they look like the hull is dipping low the close to the water, and you know they're sputtering a little bit. It's not working the way you used to. But one of the big things that I think we had to do on the conservative side of the media was just to deal with the constant incoming. And so we were playing a lot of defense, playing a lot of defense, and the Trump term, a first Trump term, playing a lot of with all the like I said, Russia collusion stuff. Right, they tried to make us play a lot of defense on the Biden. Now that didn't work as well as they had had hoped. But you know what we see here with Trump is action. Action is its own, is its own strategy. Just keep going, just you know, motion creates emotion, like make things happen. And that's why I think the stuff you see with the College is, I know, they say you can't do this, they say you can't do that, they say you can't deport. Okay, Trump's team is going to fight that out in But while that's happening in every area where the agenda can be pursued by the executive branch, they continue to go and this is excellent. Okay, now let's talk what's going on here with Harvard. You have this this injunction now from an Obama judge Obama, I'm gonna be honest with you, one of the smartest things, one of the most damaging things about Obama's eight years in office, and I think he did horrific long term damage to the country in a whole range of ways. I think the Obama presidency was a disaster for America that has continued to do harm well beyond his eight years. Yeah, I mean, on so many issues, I can't get in them all now. Also, I'll address Michelle Obama now that people are seeing what she actually thinks. I don't think we're gonna hear anyone talking about how she should be a presidential candidate anymore. I'll put it that way. Michelle Obama not a grateful person and not a wise person, and doesn't seem like a very nice person either. Not a surprise to some of you. But when she's on these podcasts, she's not's not doing herself any favors with with a broader electorate, that's for sure. I mean, I'm sure they're you know, super fans of Michelle Obama who think everything that she says is brilliant. It's not. And I think that people feel more comfortable just speaking the truth about that now than ever before. But Obama did a lot of damage to the country, and Trump is trying to undo that damage. But one of the most lasting points of damage in all of this has been the seating of the federal judiciary with activists, people who just do not care, you know that. Call it the Sodo my yours because she's a she is really the the the pinnacle example of this. She just knows she's supposed to deliver for her team, team Democrat, team left wing, team race and identity politics, you know, team wise Latina like she she knows that she is supposed to make it happen for them in whatever and now she's only one vote of nine, but that's every She never there's never a moment where you go, wow, Soda my or is really angering her own side with that? How is that possible? She never lets the home team down. The progressive leftist, communist Democrat is never frustrated with Soda my Or. Now she we're aware of this because of her role in the Supreme court. There are hundreds of sod my ors in the federal judiciary, hundreds of them because of what Obama and Biden were able to and Biden's case, the people around him as we know, but what they were able to accomplish. So this is a major challenge for the administration on the issue of foreign students in this country. I have objections to this on many levels, not all foreign students. Please don't tell me, oh oh, but you know, I you know, my family we were so close. You know. We had a foreign exchange student from Singapore and he was lovelier. We had somebody visiting our you know, was in class at Brigham Young with my son and he was from you know, wherever. And I know, Okay, it's not that we don't want any foreigners here, that that would be too much, But we also don't want nothing but foreigners in the top echelon of critical industries, critical academic disciplines for our economy and our national defense, and that is happening. We also don't want foreigners, non Americans of any kind, to be here in numbers where they get to box out essentially Americans from access to the schools that as we now all know, are getting billions of dollars of taxpayer money and they really want that money. So they're taking taxpayer dollars, but they're not prioritize Americans. You know. You know, you start to do this, what percent of Harvard students are for? You start to look at these numbers and you say to yourself, thirty percent of Harvard or foreigners? Do you know that thirty It's like twenty seven, twenty eight percent. We'll just say thirty percent because it's basically a third, okay, a third of Harvard or foreign So this is our most elite university. Blah blah, all that stuff. I mean, at Stanford and Yale, people send your plays on vacation, send angry emails to him. We're supposed to sit here and say that that's okay, that's insane, that's completely preposterous. The only reason that Harvard can have all these people sitting around with tenure, including oh, this is beautiful, including a professor of honesty I kid you not, who was just fired from her tenure job at Harvard Business School or dishonesty. It's real. You can look it up. I'm not making it up. And it just happened her expertise is whether people are honest or not, and they fired her for being dishonest about her expertise and about the data. They say one of the highest paid professors at Harvard Business School. I my dad, I mean, these are the kind of people that I remember. This is like because I was in this rat race for a while. Remember until Glenn Beck came along and saved me. I was on my way to Columbia Business School. And I don't mean I was thinking about it. I was in. I was going and Glenn was like, Buck, come work with me, you know, did his Glenn thing. I was like, yes, sir, that is a great let's do that thing. The Blaze early days, got to work with Pete Hegseth and Will Kine, and I mean, I can't even I can't even name everybody. I mean, early days, it was just like everybody you see on Fox now practically came through the Blaze either as you know, somebody who was a guest or whatever. So it was those are fun days. Those are fun days. I got a lot of nostalgia about it. My point is merely I understand this world where people are going through all this stuff. They'll do anything to shove people out of the way to get into these places so they can study under a professor of honesty who's actually really dishonest. I mean at Harvard at Heart. What has happened to these places? Do I think that Harvard? I mean, you look at some of these schools. You know, they used to have like an ancient, ancient Greek and Latin requirement requirement at some of these at some of these universial you look this up. I mean the core curriculum. You actually had to be smart to go to these places and pass these classes, whether it's you know, talking about back and I don't know, the fifties. I think the sixties ruined everything. Sorry Boomers, I think the sixties ruined you know, because that's when you seeded the radicals in these schools and that's where But you go back earlier than that, and you had to actually be pretty smart at these places. You had to know my college Amherst when I went there, and it's only gotten more competitive since then. Small schools, those who the Northeast know what the rest of the country doesn't know it. But because it's kind of like an insider, First of all, you can't pronounce the age. It's not Amhurst, it's Amherst, just so you know. And that's always the tell. If somebody says Amhurst, it's like, oh sweetie, or what do you say in the South? Bless your heart, oh, bless your heart. The whole thing was that they would take I think they had a fifteen percent admission rate. So one hundred people apply, eighty five of them get sad letters home. Eighty five of one hundred people get sad letters home. Okay, And and I think now it's less than that. Harvard's like one percent or two percent or something insane. And there was remedial math and remedial English basically required for a big chunk of students coming in Sting. I remember sitting here thinking like, how how elite can this place be when you have people who can't you know, can't math good and need help on on you know, writing and basic reading, Like, how can this be an elite institution when that's the well, this is where the left uses these places as credential factories to do social engineering in the broader society, and we all see it. So I have I want to come back to this issue with the foreigners and schools though, because this is also a national security thing. I'm passionate about this. I don't think this is a small thing at all. You sit there, you say, how is it that the Biden administration was putting out White House Communica, official White House communications about how twelve year olds should be able to pick their gender and get like castration drugs. How could that have happened? Look at college campuses. That's where it all starts. That's where the disease, initially the virus of left wing insanity, takes hold and replicates. I will take some calls on this and dive deeper into it because I think it's super important. You know, six hundred days ago, life in Israel changed forever. That's the number of days it has been since Hamas terrorists kill innocent people in Israel with reckless abandon and took hostages, many of whom have died. You and I both know how painful this has been for everyone involved. The people of Israel have appreciated the support of this audience, and out of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews or IFCJ, they're on the ground in Israel every day. Blessing lives in real, tangible ways. They're feeding elderly Holocaust survivors who have no one else. They're building bomb shelters to protect school children from rocket attacks. IFCJ has risen to this challenge with your help. When you give a gift of forty five dollars to IFCJ to help provide food, shelter and more for those in desperate need, you're putting faith into action right where it's needed most. Call eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ, or go to IFCJ dot org.
Speaker 1: Hey, Buck, one of my kids called me an unk the other day and unk yep slaying evidently for not being hip, being an old dude.
Speaker 2: So how do we ununk?
Speaker 1: You get more people to subscribe to our YouTube channel. At least that's to what my kids tell me.
Speaker 2: That's simple enough. Just search the Clay Travis en Buck Sexton Show and hit the subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Takes less than five seconds to help ununk me.
Speaker 2: Do it for Clay, do it for freedom, and get great content while you're there the Clay Travis en Buck Sexton Show YouTube channel. We're getting deep into this stuff with Harvard, which I think is pretty interesting. But I wanted to switch gears here and think about how a lot of what we're seeing happening right now. You know, it's one thing when you argue in politics and you can't have somebody who I think ends the argument one way or the other. You know, oh, would this tax rate be better for growth? Or that text read? Well, you got to try one, and if you try one, you haven't done the other. But sometimes you can actually just get an authoritative voice on something who proves that one side is correct or at least more correct than the other. And on this issue of Donald Trump being able to get hostages returned, get people back who have been held by Hamas, there's of course this effort from the Democrats to be like, well, it's not like Trump has just managed to do that. Really, let's think this one through for a second. Hey, I've told you, Clay's told you, We've discussed many times here on the show that there is a clear preference among you know what, Actually, let me take a step back on this. It's important. They're trying to tell you that somehow Donald Trump, who just won with this huge mandate, the guy who took a bullet in the ear and said, fight, fight, Fight. The billionaire global brand building impresario, an entrepreneur and political phenomenon, who is scared of no one and is doing this because at this I mean, I thought it was clear in the first term, to be clear with all of you, and I know you agree, But he's doing this because he loves the country and he thinks that he's the best man for this moment. Okay, is it reasonable to think that the enemies of the United States don't want that guy in charge? You know who they want in charge, the guy with dementia who's not really in charge. What is the counter argument to that? What are they gonna say? Oh, yeah, you know who really makes Putin shaken? Is you know, shaking his little booties, ron Klain. He can't man. Once ron Klay gets Putin on the phone, it's lights out, it's game over. Well, as we know, the Democrats have had to admit that this is something that was happening. There's no argument about this anymore. And it was because they were exposed right never they got caught. They didn't turn themselves in. The Democrats got caught on the cover up of Biden's dementia. The debate they got caught. They were trying to pull off the caper and they almost did. They almost did. So there's no you know, there's like no belief that anybody should have that they're coming clean or they have some honesty here or something like that. So with that, I go back to is Trump what's trump better position to bring back hostive Americans and israelis bring back hostages taken by Hamas than his predecessor. Of course, we've made the argument that the answer is yes. But here you can actually have one of the hostages tell you himself that it's not just a theory, it's not just I make the case to you the reality of Hamas. Because he heard them talking about it was, uh, oh they really don't want this Trump guy to be in charge. Oh, we better be nice to the hostages. Now they might actually end up going home because we might get called out and the pressure might get turned up. And here is this is a freed hostage. O Mayor sham twelve. He was talking to CNN last night and explaining this part of the story. I want you to hear it's about a minute long. Play clip one.
Speaker 4: Yes, it seems he got me out, He got the hostages.
Speaker 3: Out, you talk to politics with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they wanted Kamala to be elected, but as soon as as as A Donald Trump was elected, they understood that he wants to bring the hostages back home. Yeah. So immediately the way they treated me changed. So it's if it's the amount of food, I could say this that when when Trump came into became president, Yeah, the way they treated us changed for me personally.
Speaker 3: This is I think because they anticipated that a deal would come soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's when they started giving you more food, exactly, more food, treated me better, you know, stopped cursing me, stop speededing on me.
Speaker 2: Trump becomes president, they stop cursing me, they stop spitting at me, they stop mistreating me. Think about what kind of powerful testimony this is about the reality of whether or not the American people on a whole range of fronts, but certainly as it pertains to our national security interests and our presence on the world stage. What could make this more clear than exactly what this now freed hostage was saying, which is the bad and Hamas are clearly the bad guys, and I commend the Israelis for taking as many Hamas fighters out as they can. They this was their nine to eleven, the same way that America had a right to respond in you know, with all all necessary and due force for their own uh security and their own preservation, the same way that we have that right. The Israelis have that right. And Hamas you know they had, Hamas has earned every dead Hamas fighter that they have on their hands. Now they I mean they they wanted this, truly, they wanted this, as we know they love they love death more than we love life. This is what the Jihadas always say, and unfortunately it's true, but doesn't mean we can't test out the theory. And the Hamas terrorists who had captured and were holding who holds hostages like this? What entity all these people are like? Oh, I'm so pro Palestinia. I saw these uh one of these with this band I think was imagined dragons. They're all holding up Palestinian flags. What do they think about Hamas? I mean they're morons obviously, maybe they have some catchy songs. Fine, why do all these people have to think they have to weigh in on international politics? They know nothing, They're just completing neuamuses. They know absolutely nothing in fact, if anything, they're useful idiots for some of the worst people in the world or on the world stage, like a mos because they approach this issue with just pure ignorance. They know nothing about what's really going on, what has gone on. But I just thought that that really hammered it home for everyone to hear a hostage say that my actual treatment in captivity by those savages became markedly better the moment Trump won, the day it's clear that uh, oh, you know, big Daddy Trump is coming back and no more Biden, you know, with the apple sauce and the blanket on his knees and where am I? And you know what it was? What is that? It's don't ever forget the Democrats for what they did on that. Don't ever think it's okay your neighbor who was so smug? So smug, I'm sure, especially in twenty twenty, especially in twenty twenty one, Oh, I voted Democrat. How could you have voted for Trump? How could you have done that? Really? How's that all? Look? Now, it's hard to even hard to even compare Trump and Biden, because it's comparing excellence with a non entity. It's really like comparing a you know, if we're talking about combat, this is like comparing a Navy seal to somebody who didn't even show up for basic training. How do you compare these there's no comparison. Biden wasn't even really there's a puppet, and now they want to act like this is why you'll notice I try to focus a lot here on the agenda. I try to talk about the good things that Trump is doing because we can do that because the opposition is a joke. Now we will have to take them seriously again. They're going to try to take back the House. I get it. I'm not. This is not a foreverything. But we do have a window right now where it's pretty as clear sailing as you're going to find in American politics. Trump right now meaning you know, we we've he has never been in a better position to get important things done, and they're doing the things. I was very frustrated in the first administration on a few things early on, because you know, they had they had some bad personnel choices, they had a lot of notice. Think about how many stories you heard from the first term of Trump that were about disloyalty in these agencies and institutions. His stories were it was like every day there's another story. Oh, State Department didn't revolt, Like I'm so upset. I work at the State Department, and I'm like, I cry at my desk, gout the Trump. But I'm like, I'm thwarting his agenda every day. You know who's the guy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: What was it? The anonymous I'm I'm stopping Trump by by keeping you know, signatures off his desk, and I'm important it ever goes, who are you? Are you bringing Trump? Is his big max once a day or something like, well, who are you? Oh, I'm holding the republic together? I wrote it up ed in the Washington Post or I don't even know I'm big exert I don't even remember that guy's name. Like that actually would have been a story if it was, you know, if the person writing that editorial was like Ivanka or something, right, I mean, if it was somebody who was close to Trump, had the guy. I don't remember that guy's name, and now he's resistance. He's like, I'm a Republican, but all I do is entertaining democrats. What it is such a such a pathetic and sad political and professional existence for these people who their hatred of Trump has turned them into something that is respected by neither side because they're not fully on board with everything the left says, or at least they'll pretend, but they only do things to hurt their own team. And what a horrible place. I couldn't do it. Are you could offer me whatever? You know? It doesn't I couldn't do it. I mean, actually couldn't just wake up and say, you know, well, I'm the real Republican. I hate Trump and everybody who supports Trump is wrong because I there's this now that industry I think has dissipated a lot, because the media outlets that were propping these people up or places like MSNBC, and their credibility is all in you know, in uh smoldering as well. So yeah, yeah, I think it's very interesting, very interesting see how all of this plays out. And I thought that that statement from the the person who had been taken hostage by hamas it's not it's not it's a not a revelation because you know, and I know that that stuff playing out in a million different ways is true, but to have it confirmed is always interesting, and it's just more data that we were right about this, And like I said, the case about Trump v. Biden and what that means for our interests abroad and what that means for our allies is and other allies, the case is very strong Trump v Biden without even this this kind of really clear data, you know what I would consider sort of argument enders on some of these issues, and then when you add them in, you just go, what is the other side? Even what world are they living in? Oh yeah, Joe Biden. But Tony Blinken, I mean, look at look at these people. Tony Blinkin would be you know, in over his head working in HR at some company that you know makes mufflers somewhere, Like, what is how are these people running global foreign policy? How are these people staring down our enemies and thinking it's a joke. The whole thing was absurd. And the person who's calling the shots over them, the person who's actually supposed to be the you know, the grand strategic mind is not of right mind as a matter of fact, agreed on by both sides. Yeah, pretty important stuff. You know, most houses have gutters along the roofline. It's one sure way that rain falling on your roof gets channeled. Away from your home so you don't end up with water damage problems. That is, if your gutters aren't clogged and holding all that rainwater instead. That's what you want to avoid, clogged gutters, and that's why you want to rely on leaf Filter and their team of experts. Right now save up to thirty percent off at leefilter dot com slash Clayandbuck. Gutter clogs aren't just a nuisance. They can cause extensive water damage like foundation damage, water in your walls, and much more. Let leaf Filters trusted pros help protect your home from flooding, foundation issues, and more. They'll clean out, realign and seal your gutters before installing lee Filter's award winning and patented technology. This is America's number one gutter protection system. Schedule your free inspection and get up to thirty percent off your entire purchase at leeffilter dot com slash Clay and Buck. That's l eaf filter dot com slash Clayandbucks. See the representative warranty details. Clays you know on vacation, so he's having a good time homing back next week. We have much to discuss here, friends, and one thing I wanted to touch them. And I'll have to revisit this when Clay has joined us once again. But one thing that I wanted to point out is yours truly perhaps known to some as the Buckster, or, as I told my wife to her laughing at me, the Milman of radio, because I always deliver that that didn't go. I thought it sounded cooler before I it sounded cooler in my head, you know. But one area where I think I've been I've been prescient, is that there was never going to be a Michelle Obama for President ticket. This is something that people have talked about for a year. As you know it has come up. I have been asked at cocktail parties, At actual cocktail parties, I don't go to many, especially now that I have a baby, but I do go to a couple here and there. You know what about Michelle Obama. You know, this was this is something and as you know Clay, I won't I won't get into his point of view on this too much because he's not here to to explain it himself. But Clay thought maybe too. I've just always thought, you know, she doesn't want to do it. And I think that the more people were exposed to the actual person of Michelle Obama. Not the media at really the peak of its powers. In a lot of ways, the media during the Obama era and toward the end of the Obama era was we were really out gunned. It was the early days of social media, and people didn't even realize that the whole game was rigged places like Twitter and Facebook. We're saying to ourselves, oh, but you know, we can get a fair shake. I mean, I knew we couldn't. But if you weren't operating on those platforms as part of your job, you would have as a conservative, you had no idea that they were all rigged. And this has become a matter of public record. Now this is not something there's that there's a debate about. Thanks to Elon buying Twitter, for example, we know this stuff was rigged so only certain messaging would really be able to get out there.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And and there was a whole bunch of ways that they were able to just sway things. But the the way that they built a cult around Michelle Obama was truly it was an all in, all hands on deck effort by the apparatus. I mean they they were all in on this, and and there was a time when if you criticized Michelle Obama you were going to get I remember, you know what, I'll even I'll even cite it my friend Will Kine, who's doing a phenomenal job. As I knew he would, always knew, Will was just gonna be you know, growing, growing, growing. You know, Will and I sat together at their Real News table again, Glenbex the Blaze for I don't know a few years I was. I think I worked in the Blaze for like five or six years, and I think three or four of them, maybe Will and I were sitting day in and day out our table together. Super talented guy, really good guy. But I remember I think it was on scene because he also was a CNN contributor, because CNN used to have people who were conservative on and then they stopped during Trump and now maybe they're getting back to it used to. But I think Will called out on CNN Xeric guy. See if you can find this clip. Michelle Obama held up a bring back our girls sign on social media, and this was in reference to the kidnapping. By kidnapping, but I know the group, they don't have to yell the group in my year team were. In fact. In my new book, which will be out of January, I get to talk about how yours truly kind of knew about Boco Haram before anybody else. This little teaser there, there was a little bit of a little bit of conversation. I'm just saying some cool, some old school CIA stuff maybe coming up cleared for release. Oh, I know a lot about Boco Haram. Buck's been fuck Buck deployed to West Africa. I haven't talked about that on the show before. I don't want to get too deep into it now because you're gonna have to buy the book Everybody, which is cleared and is coming out. And I'm sorry, you know, I've been talking about it forever. It took like six months for the CIA to clear this thing. It is cleared, though, and I can talk about that. I actually have some West African expertise. So yes, it was boc Ohram, the group they kidnapped. Are sorry they kidnapped these girls from a school. It was a horrible thing. Boca Haram would have been the most lethal terrorist group in the world around this period by casualties, by deaths. They were walking suicide bombers into crowded churches and I it just you know, killed fifteen people, thirty people, fifty people. I mean, this was regularly happening. It's just horrendous stuff. Jie hottists aligned with al Qaeda, you know, same worldview as Hamas. It's the truth. But Boco Haram kidnap these girls. And Michelle Obama held up this this bring Back our Girls signed administration, right, I mean it was it was I forget what year. I want to say this was twenty fourteen. If I get that right off the top of my head, that's pretty good. I think it was twenty fourteen, maybe twenty fifteen, and uh yeah, check that one for me team. But the whole thing was like you're posting this on social media. Your husband's the president, like have him. You know, we got drones like go get them, go save them when you bring back our girls? And Will pointed out and CNN it was Don Lemon. It was Don Lemon. I remember all the thing. Don Lemon freaked out over this, freaked out over this. You know, you know, how dare you? Don Lemon's and Moron, but you know, freaked out over this? How dare you? And I just remember it's it wasn't that Don Lemon knows nothing about uh about West Africa, Boca ram anything, right. I mean, I actually don't think he. I don't mean this as exaggeration. I don't think that if you gave a map of Africa to him, he could find Nigeria on a map. I truly don't think that he could. But yeah, now I get to tell you, guys, because I wasn't able to before that. My actual first portfolio before I moved to Iraq in the CIA was Africa. Stuff was in Africa, particularly West Africa. So yay get to talk about it finally. Uh. And there's more than that. It's not your story in the book. There's more than just like so I learned about this place. Uh yeah, I spent some time over there. But back to will Don Lemon, Michelle Obama, this whole situation, the cult of Michelle Obama was so strong that everybody knew if you said, if she stepped into the arena, if she got political on something, and you said anything, that it was day all attacked. Right, it was oh my gosh, how dare you? Oh, Michelle Obama? And it even went beyond that, It went beyond that to this bizarre Uh here was I right on the year guys, you know, to bring back our girls thing? Was it twenty fourteen? I was right twenty fourteen. That's pretty good. You know, I'm getting old, and for me to pull uh, eleven years ago off the top of my head, this is this is pretty good. Recall. I'm just gonna say a little little pat on the back. Maybe I am the radio mail man. My wife is like, stop it, like you're just you know, you're just you're not helping yourself. Buck. Carrie's listening right now. She's on the road. So there was this time when you couldn't criticize Michelle Obama, and you also had to say that she was, you know, the most brilliant first lady of all time, the most beautiful first lady of all time, the most incredible, and all all we would ever hear about was how what wonderful she was. And if you, if you had any even if you were like I don't want to hear about it, you know, I don't really, it reminded me at on a much lesser level. They did this with Ruth Bader Ginsburg too. They just created this whole cult which by the way kind of blew up in their faces because Ruth Bader Ginsberg refused to retire and so, as we know, another Supreme Court seed for Trump. But they create this cult where we were watching workout videos of Ruth Bader and adults were saying things like wow, like look at her throw that kettle bell around. She's like a just like a tiny ancient woman who's got like a five pound weight max. Maybe a two pound weight in her hands. I'm supposed like, I'm glad that she's trying to be healthy, but I'm supposed to be impressed by this. This, this is same, this is real. You can find these videos. You think I'm exaggerating, but no, no, the Buckster always knows. And on the Michelle Obama thing, I've just always been a doubter of not just of her running for president, but of I think that the more people would see of Michelle Obama without the media's creation of the greatest, most beautiful and most brilliant, most perfect first lady or really person ever even more perfect than Barack Obama, if that was even possible. But you know, if you work at CBS or you worked the New York Times, that was the party line. Michelle Obama most amazing person to ever lived. Here, she is where you get to actually learn about the real Michelle Obama. We're just talking about women and giving birth to children and your womb. I want you to listen in to the former First Lady here on a podcast because now she has to do podcasts too. This is cut three play it.
Speaker 5: So many men have no idea about what women go through.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: We haven't been researched, we haven't been considered, and it still affects the way. A lot of male lawmakers, a lot of male politicians, a lot of male religion leaders think about the issue of choice as if it's just about the fetus, the baby. But women's reproductive health is about our life. It's about this whole complicated reproductive system that does the least of what it does is produced life.
Speaker 2: It's a very important thing that it does. Okay, okay, you heard the quote. Now was the end of the clip. I want you to hear the quote. She's a woman and she's saying the least important thing that the female reproductive system does is produce life. The least important thing. I mean, I'm trying to think of what I can say on the radio here that is so it's a heinous thing to say, it's a stupid thing to say, but it's also an illuminating thing for Michelle Obama to say, just like so much of what we have been subjected to, whether it was the Fauci, the Worship and the CDC and the nih and Naiad or Joe Biden sharp as attack or Trump is Hitler or whatever, another mirage, another mirage that I think has, as they all should, evaporated, evaporated as the light of truth is allowed in and people can see for themselves. Michelle Obama is not bright and is not a very good person, at least when it comes to public policy. That is one of the ugliest things I've heard a person say on any podcast in a long time, like an expert on women. Oh, I'm a man, so I can't know about these things. The most amazing thing in my life has only been around now for forgetting when he was born like six weeks and my wife and I I just beam with pride every day. And I know what the Libs will say, Oh, Michelle Obama loves her children. And you know she was talking about this in the context of women's rights. Yeah, but she's on a podcast and she's sharing this point of view. And what people here is what she said. What young women who are impressionable, who have been part of the Michelle Obama cult or they've been indoctrinated into it, what they hear is the least important thing your womb will do is give life. I mean, you want to talk about perverse, evil, misery inducing. It is one of the worst things I've heard a person say in public life, in a you know, in a very long time. And it is. But I'm not surprised because Michelle op like I said, Michelle Obama like so many and Clay has like full credit to Clay, he has let what he you know, thinks about Michelle Obama be well known on this program. But I really think that this mythology that was built around her, she should do more podcasts. Let's hear more. In fact, I have another another clip for you that we will play so you can say, the more you hear Michelle Obama actually talking about things. And I know this doesn't surprise you, but it's fun because we were right, and we knew right. You were right. I was right. We've known this all along. They created this whole mythology. The more you hear from Michelle Obama, the not only you won't be impressed because she's not impressive, the less you will like her, which is you know, it's it's quite a thing to say, but it is true. It's like, the more you hear from Joe Biden, the more you knew that he wasn't all there. The more you hear from Michelle Obama, the more you'll be like, Wow, this person is not running for president. And it's kind of remarkable. This person was held up in the way that she was by the media as long as she was all right. The day our son came in this world, I'm just talking about it, life changed in so many ways for carrying me and all for the better. One of those changes, though, is thinking about our son's future and establishing a family trust. That type of legal document spells out exactly how we believe things should go. Whether it's a trust or a will, you want to have these kinds of legal documents in place. I can't emphasize how important that is. Your will provides a clear path and direction for those members of your family working through a difficult time. The last thing you want for them is that they have to worry about how things and things are, and that they should have been arranged sooner. Writing a will has been made infinitely easier by a website specializing in this called Trust and Will dot Com. They make it simple, affordable, and the result gives you peace of mind now and your surviving family members clarity when they will need it in the future. Everybody should have this done. I'm just gonna say I've had it done. Everybody. Every adult should have you know who's got a family, got children, everyway, actually everybody, because you know you got to leave it to you, leave it to your brother, or leave it to you know, whoever you want to leave things to. But this is important to do, and the time is now, and it's easier than ever before. And you'll see it's not nearly as expensive as you think if you go with Trust and Will dot Com. That website again is Trust and Will dot Com. They are experts in creating personalized trust and wills that protect your legacy. Don't procrastinate, get this done. Go to Trustanwill dot Com today