Speaker 1: Yeah, I go all right. Look, I don't know how to do the The camera does not like it's not strong enough to hold it up. Right?
Speaker 2: Is there a disc underneath the camera that you can tighten?
Speaker 1: The camera disc is fine, it's the arm that hold Look. Look you can't see it because you're not looking.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying to make us on camera too. We're live.
Speaker 1: Look, this part doesn't hold.
Speaker 2: It up all. I'm gonna come look at it.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Keep listening to our truck drivers out there. Guys, we'll be with you in a second.
Speaker 1: I'm so frustrated. I'm coming, but you're not gonna be able to do anything.
Speaker 2: I'm fixing your camera.
Speaker 1: I bet you a dollar. You can't fix it. Get it to stand up. Wow, you got to stand up. Now, let it go, Let it go. It's this thing that connects to the pole. But now I'm not in it.
Speaker 2: Well, then twist it.
Speaker 1: Damn you did it? What was I twisting? I was twisting this black thing right here? Hey, I was twisting this knob. Couldn't get that. I didn't know about that knob. That's my fault. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, now you have to put the lights up because you're kind of Oh my gosh, are we really live? No that I don't think that still works. I don't want to risk it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could have him come by and show us how to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's here today.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I mean. Maybe we could have hit him up and hey, would you come by and show us?
Speaker 2: I do love having this sun just beating down on me?
Speaker 1: What up, dude?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm just gonna title this one. Fix the camera. You just needed to put something up.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: We fixed the camera. Now we just got to figure out how to do the live and then we'll be able to do it Instagram, YouTube lives and you guys can comment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so you're already ending the video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just needs to be short. Okay, all right, let's actually do a podcast. Turn those damn lights out. Oh my god, I mean they beat dude, they beat down on me. I'm gonna have a sunburn. We can't even turt off lights. This is there.
Speaker 1: You go. We got a great pod today.
Speaker 2: I already know what you're gonna talk about.
Speaker 1: No, I don't get a crap. I don't give a crap about the torpedo bats.
Speaker 2: Hey man, get me a burrito. I said, a burrito, not a torpedo.
Speaker 1: Because if they do torpedo bats, if everybody uses them, it just evens it out, so I don't really care, and.
Speaker 2: It just shifts the biggest part of the bat to the middle a little bit and you can barely tell. But there are twelve guys using them.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of home runs being hit. And I will say this, guys when they're playing in Oakland at I mean Sacramento, Vegas. No Sacramento, know over hit the over in runs.
Speaker 2: Because they're playing in a minor league stadium.
Speaker 1: Dude, yes, they It was eighteen to one on what was that Monday night? Last night? It was like seven to four, six to four, eight to four. I don't even know the final score, ten to six. They're they're hitting the ball on that ballpark like freaking awesome, because what.
Speaker 2: The mud hens play there or something. I don't know, the whiskey dicks or what do they call themselves?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, man, I'm ready to tell a story. We gotta start the show.
Speaker 1: This started off terribly.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it live. Usually the worst ones are the best ones, guys. Arnold is headed to the final four. He will check in on Friday's pod. He is gonna be on the river Walk interviewing people, talking all sorts of celebs. He will be there for Duke Houston, Florida, and Auburn, all the number ones. It's kind of chalky, he said, but it's also pretty wet. And by that, I mean he's drinking a lot. He's soaked, soak it. He pre soaked on the plane and now he's sopping wet. There credit to Justin on that. Yeah, Justin calls when you get drunk getting soaked, and Justin also calls what it's somebody's birthday? You see? You say instead of saying HBD or happy birthday, you say candles and cake.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, candles and cake. I like that one. It's kind of a Broway, that's kind of fun. Hey, candles and cake, Candles and cake.
Speaker 2: Bro All right, we gotta do it live. We oh the one, two, three?
Speaker 1: So loser? What up? Everybody? I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions because I'm pretty much a sports genius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's says, and I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male. I live on the northwestern side of Nashville, Tennessee, near Indian Lake. It's absolutely beautiful and gorgeous two point two acres with Baser my wife. We have been married a solid five years. Congrats to us. Heyo, heyo. And we will die of a heart attack, me specifically two. We do have two point two kids that Justin checks on at the Vanderbilt clinic every single day. God bless him. Lunch over to you.
Speaker 1: So I promised the story last pod about always gonna bring someone for the friend. There's always Hey, I'm gonna bring someone for your friend. And I had a fantastic story about when I was before I was married. I was single and I had a roommate named Mark. And this is back in the MySpace days, right, And this chick hits me on MySpace friend request boom, hottie blonde short and.
Speaker 2: Starts chatting short. Continue.
Speaker 1: She starts chatting it up with me, chatting it up with me, sending me messages. And she was like a sophomore or junior at A and M Texas A and M University. The the Texas A and M University.
Speaker 2: In Australia. They don't say chatting to me, they say, chatting me up, So please refer to it as.
Speaker 1: That chatting it up. No chatting, oh, chatting me up. Sorry, she was chatting me up. And she was like, oh man, we should get together sometime. And I was like, well, I'm going to Houston this weekend for astros gating me and my roommate Mark. And she's like, how about I meet you there.
Speaker 2: I never met this chick going to an ass tro's game.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, you know, but I'm gonna be with my roommate. And she was like, I'll bring my friend for your roommate. And I'm like okay. She goes, well, we get out of class kind of late on Friday, so you know, we wouldn't be able to make it in time for the game. And I said, okay, you know, I mean, I guess I can just leave your name at the front desk and add you to our reservation baller. And so, because we had a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cinnamon and Sugar.
Speaker 1: And so me and Mark are just sitting there talking like, dang, dude, we don't even know these chicks. We could be leaving them access to our hotel room. They could take everything we have. They could take our car. Our geys, go out and get in our car and drive away, take all of our crap. We have no idea that was your concern. Well why not?
Speaker 2: I mean, robberies didn't happen back then. Continue your story and I'm a blingering just started about ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh it, robberies happened. Bro, Are you serious I'd write to this story. I'll tell you the other story. Dude.
Speaker 2: I can't even go to the park around town. Not to change the point, baser goes, Oh, I got robbed there one time. We can't go awesome, I won't run anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well here's new. Here's the deal. So im and then you don't even if they're gonna be as hot as you don't even if she's gonna be hot, because you know what you put on my space. Who knows if she's hot.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I missed the beginning of this story for our truckers. Oh my god, that we're pocket pooling. Just say the first two seconds of the story again.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you missed the beginning of the story.
Speaker 2: It's actually trying to think in my head how I'm gonna transfer that audio and video onto YouTube. So what did you say you met him on YouTube? It's actually important for me to.
Speaker 1: Know this is going to be the worst podcast in the history of sore losers. Now, where did you meet him? This chick hit me on my Space back in my Space.
Speaker 2: Now just seemed to hear that ten year damn store.
Speaker 1: We started messaging back and forth, and she was like, we should get She was junior at Texas A and M. She's like, we should get together sometime. And I'm like, well, I'm gonna be in Houston this weekend because it's not that far from college station. And she's like, I can drive over there and meet you. And I said, well, I'm gonna be in my roommate. We're going to you know, a couple of astros games. We're staying at the Ombni.
Speaker 2: Downtown doing guy things.
Speaker 1: And she goes, oh, well, I can bring like my friend or my roommate, you know, for your roommate. They'll probably hit it off above it two and I mean this goes short blonde, I mean nice rack, And I'm like, okay, bring your friend, Like, I mean, sure, my roommate will we find this is what I mean. My roommate was always down to jump on the grenade, no matter what he was already in. And he hadn't even seen the girl, hadn't even seen the girl.
Speaker 2: That's a bro.
Speaker 1: And the fact that this girl is gonna bring a friend and her friend has never seen my roommate.
Speaker 2: Can we get a waysize chess size?
Speaker 1: But the only problem was they weren't gonna make it in time for the game. They were gonna have to get there later tue the game.
Speaker 2: You got two chicks coming, bro, The game.
Speaker 1: Is just the thing. Yeah, but we're going to the game.
Speaker 2: The concerts, the games, the bars, that's all things for you to just hook up. Who cares about the damn as Bros. Game?
Speaker 1: Well, we do. We care about the Astros game.
Speaker 2: I would throw that dude. Oh you can't make the game perfect? Yep, great, we'll get drunk. Awesome, we'll watch it on TV.
Speaker 1: So no, because we had tickets like three rows behind that, the visitors dugout.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to go to that?
Speaker 1: You want to go to that? You got great seats. You're not gonna just give them up. And these chicks are gonna get there when it's like the fourth inning. So we're just gonna sit on our thumbs until they get there. Is it ever about the concert? Is it ever about Caine Brown? Is it ever about Luke Bryan? Is it ever about Chris Stapleton? Or is it about what happens around the concert? The drinks, the pre party, the stories, the tailgating, the walking the bridge over, the getting accosted by a bum. That is what the event is about, not the Astros game, watching them hit dingers.
Speaker 2: Hey chicks dig the long ball.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, I was hoping she was gonna hit my dinger, or she was gonna use my bat to let me hit her dinger. Whatever, it didn't matter.
Speaker 2: Kid, Will you get an autograph at the Killer Bees for me and Bagio big Well? At Bill.
Speaker 1: Uh No and uh.
Speaker 2: Bigio Bagwell and Berkman, No old Berkman.
Speaker 1: But they also had Derek Bell before they had the three Bees, they had killer Bees. Killer Bees anyway, So I'm like, you know, we could just add your name to our reservation. We'll just leave a kid at in front of the desk for you. She's like, oh, that'd be great, And we're like this may be the stupidest thing we've ever done, or this is gonna be turned out to be an awesome, awesome that we are doing, Like this is either gonna be genius or they're gonna rob us blind or they're gonna be dog crap ugly.
Speaker 2: Dude, this is Van Wilder before road trip.
Speaker 1: Let's go. And so we left their name down at the front desk that way they could get a key when they got there. My name's Mick Levin and we're there at the Astros game and it's the fourth or fifth inning and I get a text, Hey.
Speaker 2: Let's go Astros.
Speaker 1: Hey we made it to the room. We're gonna get ready. Well, we'd be ready to go out when you guys get done with the game.
Speaker 2: Who you are the women? You gotta go home? And they texted me, let's go Astros. You smell like beer and popcorn. You're gonna go hang out with these chicks.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: A guy puked on me at the Astrodome.
Speaker 1: It was inron or minute made whatever it's called.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's actually way better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was right there. The hotel is like three blocks from the stadium. We walked. So I'm just like, man, this is gonna be this is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: If they're all dulled up their hair. Mego, got little cocked, little black dresses on, and you got smell like beer and throw up.
Speaker 1: We smell like beer and popcorn and hot dogs, and I mean yes, and we got dirt that you know, players throwing dirt in the air, and we got some of that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, how's it going good? Berkman went one for two, going great, yeah, big win for the boys.
Speaker 1: So the game's over, Like all right, dude, here we go, let's go. We rolled back to the hotel room, both of them hot wow in their little skirts. Ready to go out. You guys ready to go? They go. We've been pre gaming in the hotel room.
Speaker 2: You guys got brooms and blow up fingers. Let's go shows. Two freaking slammers just waiting on you as at the hotel for a couple beer dogs and sausage pork missiles.
Speaker 1: And you're thinking, why didn't you just leave when they text you in the fourth inning? Hey, we're here, like, why didn't we just leave the game? Right now that I'm looking back on it, like you're saying.
Speaker 2: It's not about the game, it's leave the damn game. Do we care about the freaking astros in the middle of April. Because here's the deal, right, we stayed for all nine innings?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh, sorry, ladies, that went into extras. Oh what is it midnight?
Speaker 1: Oh are you guys coming? Well, sorry, they're in the eighteenth any we can't leave this exciting game.
Speaker 2: They haven't done the new thing where they put a guy at second Mays with a torpedo bat. We're stuck here for another eight innings.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, aren't you guys Following Ray's advice, always leave early when you got two chicks in.
Speaker 2: Your hotel room. Yeah, that's on steroids, dude. That furthers my point. Always leave early. If you got tail at definitely capital Always leave early. You're there for about an inning and you're gone. It's not about the game, you gotta be honest. This was before the pitch clock. You guys are there for five hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you got him. Now looking back to all the mistakes we made, all the mistakes we made, and.
Speaker 2: We were like, oh, in South Beach taught me that one. He's like, dude, it's not about the Texas Longhorns game. It's about everything that happens around the game. We're not trying to go to the damn game. You just act like you're going to the game, and girls will think you're hot. You end up just chilling with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And right five years old on the road, you're gonna talk about because it's not a national championship. It's just a regular season game, and it's not gonna be the most iconic game of all time because it's only a regular season game. So five years from now, you're not gonna remember the score of the game. You're gonna remember what happened around the.
Speaker 2: Game, the score in the bedroom, Ray, what bases were stolen?
Speaker 1: Correct? Correct? And so then we go back to the hotel room. There they are freaking hot in their little skirts, like ready to go out.
Speaker 2: Let's go, coach, you actually give it the mental image burnt in your head still, Ray, I could tell you the amount of sequence on that front.
Speaker 1: And when you walked in the hotel room, you know, the bathroom was right there to your right, always always right there to the right, and then there was one bed right out, you know, on the wall of the bathroom, and then the other bed was against the window.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna head in the bathroom, mice my nuts.
Speaker 1: So me and the blonde had the bedroom on the by the window roommate. Mark and his chick had the roommate by the bathroom or the bed by the bathroom wall. Say you get a picture. Yeah, but anyway, we're not. We're gonna go out. So we go bar hopping. Let's go ba ba ba ba ba ba bah. You know what I mean, drinking. We're getting ham murred, getting hammer having a great time. I mean, me and this blondie are making out all night. Mark's kind of trying to get with this girl, but she's kind of given attitude. She's always not really in the best mood, not the most friendly of friends, even though she was down. And two am, we get a little bite to eat. I don't even know where we got a bite to eat. I don't know what was open or what if we got a slice of pizza in Houston. I don't know what we got. I just remember we ate something. We went back to the hotel room and it's like three am, and I'm in the bed with the blondie. We are naked under the covers, and I mean, my roommate and that chick are fighting like a married couple, fighting like a married couple.
Speaker 2: They've been dating eight minutes. I mean, they not even know each other for two hours.
Speaker 1: They've known each other for two hours, and they are yelling at each other. They're like, she's like you like, and he's like, you are so blanking annoying, like oh my god, like who cares? Like let's just make out, Like who cares?
Speaker 2: She's trying to go over politics with it. And I mean George Bush and Clinton.
Speaker 1: Me and the other girl are in the bed just laughing, haha, just cracking up.
Speaker 2: I know, I am funny down there.
Speaker 1: And they're like, yeah, you guys are having fun. I'm glad you guys are naked over there. And I'm like, yeah we are. And you got shut up. You're ruining everything. And the next morning, i mean, the girls pack up their stuff and they head back to college station.
Speaker 2: Why let out the grenade, Well.
Speaker 1: They never hooked up. They just went to bed. They just went to sleep and that was it. But she did, but she did bring a friend. My roommate was I mean, he was willing to do anything. He hated her. She was annoying. She was hot, but she was annoying.
Speaker 2: He could have played it a little better with the arguments I mean just taper it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean it was just and then he just lost it. He lost it and he was like, oh my gosh, you're so annoying.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it should ever come to that kind of a fever. Pitch just talk to the girl for three hours? Oh you studied biology? Cool? Hey, what was the score of the Astros game? I'm gonna turn on the tv even though I was at it.
Speaker 1: Dude, you can, even though we made you wait for three extra hours while we sat at the game. And here's the crazy bar. I never saw the chick again.
Speaker 2: What a weekend.
Speaker 1: I never went to college station. And maybe she hit me up one time she went when she was back in Austin. I don't know, but I don't remember ever seeing her again. I don't remember if it just fizzled out, if we just quit texting or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 2: She probably went and got down with some dude at A and M and you probably probably.
Speaker 1: But it was a great weekend much. It was so fun. And the fact that we just left the key at the front desk for chicks we've never met.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just gotta throw caution to the wind.
Speaker 1: You have to. You're in your early twenties and you're like, these two chicks are gonna drive up from college station and they're gonna spend the night and we're gonna party with them. Yeah, and she offered up her friend like pro bono, Like, hey, I make your roommate. I don't know who your roomate is, but I'll bring a friend for him. I mean, that is what life is about. Those experiences are what life is about. Great, bo Great, And that was that story worth it. I didn't want to rush it on Monday, dude.
Speaker 2: It was great. You know how many truck drivers just had to pull over. Great story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll take a break and you say that, hey, the bling ring just started. I'll tell you a story about the bling ring struck a lot sooner than this. We'll take a break and we'll be right back. One night, dude, I'm out with chest Day other brother Buddy Day.
Speaker 2: Them guys going to Church Street in Nashville.
Speaker 1: No, it was in Austin. Man. We had hit sixth Street, kind of made our way over to fourth Street. Uh may Fish Street, Yeah, that's where Fish Street right there. Ray.
Speaker 2: We were ready to fly our flag.
Speaker 1: And I'm about to get in a cab home and uh Day Eve and chess Day are about to take a cab. They're about to take a cab home together. Well, they live.
Speaker 2: Together, they sleep together.
Speaker 1: Now they live up north. I lived south of Slaughter, Yeah, and we run in these two hotties and they're drunk and stumbling around. We start talking to them. There's flirting going on, you know, hooking arms and everything, and we're like, whoa, all right, we didn't expect this At two thirty, you know, two thirty three in the morning, we'd already ate our pizza, so the streets had kind of cleared out.
Speaker 2: They already started smelling.
Speaker 1: They were stragglers.
Speaker 2: They raydale, piss and throw up.
Speaker 1: They were stragglers. And they're like, oh, you know, like we're all drunk and all sudden, you know, days making out. One one girl's on my arm and I'm like, man, I'm not gonna be able to do this because I haven't met her parents yet. No, I didn't have a roommate with me. So there's two of them, and chess Day and Dave lived together. So I'm like, I mean, I gotta let them have them, Like I can't.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you just let chess Day and Dave hook up and you take the other two.
Speaker 1: That'd have been a great option. And I was like, and I was a little pissed. I was a little pissed. I was like, damn, my roommate went home early. This is really stupid, like annoying.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, I need you to wake up now, like awful.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, dude, this would have been a great night. It would have been a great I mean, nothing playing and it just happens at two point thirty three in the morning after you had pizza and you were I mean, just looking for a cab, and instead of hailing a cab, you hail two hotties. Would have been fantastic. But I was like, hey, chess Day, Dave, you guys take them. I'm out, you know what I mean, Like, you guys, I'll get in the cab. You guys do your thing. Congratulations, you guys lived together. So they took a cab up to hit Dave's house and they're in there and they do their thing and they wake up in the morning. Chip the music Crime pod Man chicks are gone, man, cell phones are gone, laptops are gone, who wallets gone? A couple pieces of jewelry.
Speaker 2: Gone, I had jewelry this chest day where he.
Speaker 1: Had a necklace or like a class ring. Gone freaking be clamp got robbed, dude. S So these chicks, I don't know if they were drunk at all. I think they played drunk because we were drunk. Goes back.
Speaker 2: They did hook up, so they successfully acted like they were drunk, and you guys weren't able to see through that.
Speaker 1: Bro, It's three o'clock in the morning. You think I'm worried if they're drunk or not.
Speaker 2: You can always tell on TV when somebody's faking drunk.
Speaker 1: Not when you're drunk. You're not paying attention to them.
Speaker 2: Good point, you meet him on the street. So it's easy on the street to fake drunk.
Speaker 1: In front of what what was that club that was there? Was it found a quaw kind of right bya like that area. I don't know if it was found. I think it was ranche No.
Speaker 2: And Wooden Nickel. Dude, Paradise Island, the Library, I'm just thinking.
Speaker 1: Disney Rooster.
Speaker 2: That's where the real world went to absolutely.
Speaker 1: All the time, chugging monkey no dude, every they got wiped out, dude, So they had gone home. The girl did leave her brawl, did leave her bral behind, but gone home. Hooked up chess Day and they pass out. Those girls just start swiping stuff. Call a friend, give him the address, get picked up. They out. Never found them, never found them.
Speaker 2: I'll open the investigation. It's gone cold.
Speaker 1: No. No, my boy was a real estate agent. His work computer, all his clients information on that computer. They got it.
Speaker 2: Well if that client base is depleted, so you tell me the bling ring just started.
Speaker 1: But robberies they were happening. And I when I talked to chess Day later that day, I was like, dude, I dodged a bullet. Like if my roommate would have been there, there would have been a battle for those two hobbies that we met on Fifth Street, right in front of the parking garage by Foundation, I think it was Foundation at freaking three o'clock.
Speaker 2: In the morning. The battle to get robbed and look.
Speaker 1: Lo and behold my roommate going home early, which I was mad about at the point, really saved me from on robbery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, your guardian angel saw you drunk and sloppy sent you home with a handrag and a pocket full of pool see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bling ring does exist. And it's like the time that I went out one night roommate and I and my window was right above the driveway and the next morning we wake up and his truck was absolutely Goneesh. I was like, dude, did you I don't remember you driving downtown? Did you drive us downtown? Then we took a cab on? He goes, No, dude, I didn't drive last night. We didn't drive the parking lot, says different. H well your trucks, He goes, you didn't hear it? Start? Like, bro, you know me jiggerbums I had last night. Do you think I heard someone hot wiring your car?
Speaker 2: You know how many trucks that you hear start and stop at two thirty in the morning after the bars in Austin, Texas?
Speaker 1: Zero a lot. Oh not when you're in your bed passed out. See how robberies do happen? Dude, don't tell me the bling ring invented it. But I was in pressed with the sophistication of these girls to go with the do and the dedication to hook up just so they could do the little robbery.
Speaker 2: So they gave their jewel and then stole some jewels on the way out.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, never got caught.
Speaker 2: Man. Now you had to ask protection and also gonna rob me.
Speaker 1: That's right. Hey, you're not gonna like when I passed out. You're not gonna like take my computer or anything, right and call your friend to come get you. No, cool, all right, let me keep going ray.
Speaker 2: That's why you got the handcuffs, the dazzled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there you go. Man, I told you I had that story. I had the robbery. You said the bling ring was new.
Speaker 2: I have my billion dollar idea, and.
Speaker 1: Then I have raised billion dollar idea right here.
Speaker 2: Let me do it after the break.
Speaker 1: Let me see. Yeah, you know what, there's a perfect time to take a break, and we're gonna make you a billion dollars right after this, we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: With the advent of the nil inner Scolassick information language.
Speaker 1: The portal. The portal, the dumbest I am saying. I'm gonna say it now. It is out of control. It is so stupid.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Browne put up all the Sweet sixteen teams that are in and how many are the original players on the team, how many are portal players? It looks like a porta potty.
Speaker 1: No, there was some guy that he played. He started his career at like Maryland, left Maryland for South Carolina. Right now he's married to mary Then he went back to Maryland this year, and now he's back at South Carolina. It is so stupid. If you are going to transfer, you get one transfer. This transferring every single year is stupid. That the starting point guard for Michigan, he was the startingburn he was at Auburn, then he's at Michigan, leads them to the Sweet sixteen, and now he's transferring, Like, excuse me. The transfer portal was supposed to help out if you're not playing, your coach leaves give you some independence. But every game, every year, you're transfer role. It is so stupid every game that the portal is broken. And I understand they're trying to get paid, but I can't believe the dude going from South Carolina to this school back to that school. Is the pay that different? I can't understand it.
Speaker 2: So what we would do here's my idea.
Speaker 1: Please tell me?
Speaker 2: So what are these nil deals? Is it a dealership in town? Hey, we need the Big four dealership.
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: And we also need a cell phone company. They'll get him cell phones for free and then they can probably fork over you know, five grad.
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Or is it just a written check for coming to our school? Because what I've heard is some people ain't paying up. So you make the promises, the kids really ain't getting the checks full them ount allegedly allegedly. How many businesses are involved in Abba Daba, going to Byu, I believe his name is a lot of hope, going to Arizona. How many different investors are there. Our job would be going to the mom and pop places. So in Indian Lake, it would be you and me. We'd be going to the Amish store. We'd be going to the Kroger. We'd be going to put Shack. We would go to local golf course, the Munis, and we would say, hey, do you want to fork over one thousand dollars because we think fifty thousand dollars could help sway a particular player, one of the top ten players in the country.
Speaker 1: But does fifty thousand dollars really do it?
Speaker 2: I think it does, especially if you can pay them same day. So you got to get fifty mom and pop businesses. So it would be me and your job to go around college campuses. We'd be going to the Auburns. We'd be going to the Knoxville's, the Nationals now Vandy's a megatropolis for college talent. We'd be going to Detroit. We would be going to Memphis.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if there's any businesses in Memphis.
Speaker 2: We'd be heading to la We'd be heading to Lojola. We'd be heading to UCLA, all Scottsdale, Mesa, all of these towns in saying we need fifty businesses one thousand dollars and you will have this massive athlete come to this school. That would be our job, and I think it would be a booming industry. I just don't have the time to do it. So I'm offering it up to the podcast world. You guys make something of it.
Speaker 1: Well, I do believe that is what they have. They have that position at the university.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I think they have people that go out and talk to the boosters and local businesses and say, hey, we need this much money. Would you like to donate to our NIL fund? And people do it. I think a lot of them have gms where they contact the players, they figure out the salaries that they have, what they can afford, what they can't afford. It's out of control. We got to start signing contracts. We gotta quit like with this crap about college athletes and they're not professionals. Sign a contract or get lost. Like this is so stupid. Yeah, I just can't handle it. Like every day I'm looking at another Kansas player enters the portal and I me And you want to know how bad it is at Kansas. You want to know how bad something went so wrong this year? How bad is it? Ray?
Speaker 2: It's so bad the uh what's Kansas known for? Wheat? The wheat fields are leaving Ray. It's so bad in Kansas. People from California are moving in and robbing the cows.
Speaker 1: Ray.
Speaker 2: It's so bad in Kansas. The cornfields have now turned into soybeans. Ray. It is so bad in Kansas. They are taking down the basketball hoops Ray and putting up soccer nets. They are changing the mom and pop boots and cowboy hats Ray for this new Louis Baton and Balenciaga.
Speaker 1: Ray.
Speaker 2: It's gotten so bad in Kansas. Ray. The ghosts of my my grandparents said, get me the hell out of here, we're moving to Tennessee. Right, it's that bad in Kansas.
Speaker 1: No, like something went wrong in that locker room. And I know you guys don't want to hear me talking about Kansas all the time.
Speaker 2: I know Kansas Talk Radio, you're wife and what to t.
Speaker 1: We're in Lawrence, Yeah, that's where the Jayhawks reside. And here's the problem. It's just something so near and dear to my heart that I want you to feel the pain that I feel. I watched this season and knew something was wrong. They were so hard to cheer for. It was a disaster. They all hated each other, you could tell it. And this sums it up.
Speaker 2: They made the tournament.
Speaker 1: Kansas Basketball has canceled its annual postseason team banquet.
Speaker 2: Sheeesh this you can't even break bread together in Kansas, exactly.
Speaker 1: They can't even fake it for one more night to put on a united front for their banquet. That ends their season. That wraps it up, That puts a bow on it, says, hey, this is who we were as a team. This tells you that that team that Bill so self never wanted to be in the same room with all those guys ever again, he just wanted it to end. There was something wrong. It was fractured. They canceled the end of the year banquet where they recognized the players. This is the seniors chance to wrap it up and say goodbye one last time and get DAPs and for everything they brought to Kansas. Bill self said thanks, but no freaking thanks. Please get these guys out of my face.
Speaker 2: Dwan Harris congrat dude on the two points and average of two assists a game. Hell of a year career.
Speaker 1: He did win a national title, so don't just bash him.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty one post put him he was Baylor than Kansas, than Yukon, Yukon, than Duke.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, he won a national title. kJ Adams he won a national title. Chalmers, Chalmers won a national title. Uh, who else was on that team?
Speaker 2: He was the only one good.
Speaker 1: No, he was not. Oh my god, are you kidding me? They were all good.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it because he made that jumper.
Speaker 1: Oh that jumper was so great. One. I mean the handoff to come around the corner. Toss it to him.
Speaker 2: Every March madness is different. He experienced some different ways. Sometimes you're on spring break. This year I got to watch a lot of the games with Boomer, Muffy my parents was awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused. Muffy was here and then she went to San Antonio. How many spring breaks do they get?
Speaker 2: I don't. I think they took off the entire month. My parents were here two different weekends. My sister and Boomer were here two different weekends. If you're able to wrap your head around.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, I am now more weekends. Right, We're gonna take a break and I'm gonna come back and tell you all about the Padres. First game of Coach Bitch Baseball.
Speaker 2: I saw there three and oo no, no, no, coach pitch man.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about the major league team. I think they're six and zero. We'll be right back. You look like you're dad man.
Speaker 2: Bro. The Big Show takes the heart and soul out of any man you think you have a personality. Spread that over twelve segments and slap me and call me daddy.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna call you daddy. I'll call you daddy daddy, and I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 2: You this, Well, you bashed my idea.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I came up with a billion idea and by the end of the idea was down to five cents.
Speaker 1: So well, the only problem was I just think they already have people that do that.
Speaker 2: You're telling me right now, somebody's been to the McDonald's across the street, fought their way through all the homeless people and asked them if they want to contribute to an NIL fund. I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 1: It's a great point. They do need to go to the mom and pop shop.
Speaker 2: Thank you, the homage people. You don't think they want to contribute to an NIL player to Abadaba from BYU coming here? Why did by you get him?
Speaker 1: It's a great question. You're onto something. Maybe you are onto something.
Speaker 2: Maybe all right, let's do it el Dad's baseball or the Padres.
Speaker 1: Listen, the Padres. We played t ball last year we were the Expos, and this year it was time to move up to coach pitch, and I could have left baby box two behind and t ball you know where. He would have probably been one of the better players because he he just turned five. So coach bitch, is he really ready for coach pitch? Probably not? Probably not. The baseball bat is as big as him.
Speaker 2: If you get a chance, move him up. So I always did to you boys.
Speaker 1: But I felt like one last year of them being on the same baseball team, it's pretty exciting to play with your brother.
Speaker 2: Yep, Barry Lark and Dad again, Griffy, Griffy.
Speaker 1: The only Lebron Lebron junior.
Speaker 2: Alamar Alamar Senior.
Speaker 1: Who else? Vlad Guerrero Vlad Gerrero Junior.
Speaker 2: They don't play on the same Tony Gwynn, Kyle Ripkin Ripkin and Billy Billy Ripkin.
Speaker 1: So I was like, you know, this is gonna be a great idea. And my father in law was like, oh, man, I think you did it too soon. I don't know if he's ready. I don't know if Baby Box two is ready for coach pitch. So we've been practicing. Man, we've been throwing the ball and he hits it sometimes Babybox one, he's he's hitting the ball. He can rip it. He's fine. So we get our uniforms. We are the padres and in the rules it says if you get someone out, we should reward the players for getting him out. Take him off the base, right, And we have had our practices rained out, rained out, rained out, keeps raining out. So we throw a practice together Friday night for like forty minutes just so we can meet the kids. Hi, what's your Nice to meet you. Okay, cool? Your name? All right? Cool? That way, when we show up to the game on Saturday, we know people's names. And we show up on Saturday, and we got our uniforms on, we got them tucked in. We're ready to go. I have never seen such athletes in my life. Ray, that first inning ground ball, first baseman goes down on it, picks it up, steps on the bag. Out. We got it out.
Speaker 2: That's already better in the basketball season, dude, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem, though, The kids stayed on first base.
Speaker 2: Every kid he advances a base, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, wait a minute, the rules specifically said this year in coach pitch, if they're out, you should reward the fielders and have the guy not run the bases.
Speaker 2: I'm out America, dude. Take him to Dominican Republic. That's where they'll learn to play with bottle caps.
Speaker 1: And so the kids stayed on first base. I'm like, Okay, that's weird. Maybe the coach thought it was a close play and he was safe.
Speaker 2: Cool, all right, Ray, I'm gonna take my kids like jose Al tuove you gonna play with those bottle caps? Really learn how to play baseball, right, And so.
Speaker 1: Then we later in the inning and get another ball. The shortstop slash pitcher kind of area throws at the first end. Time out. We got two outs and the coach let the kids stay on base.
Speaker 2: Dude. America isn't where you learn to play baseball. You can learn to other stuff in America, not to sport of baseball there. You need. You need to go to San Juan. You need to go to Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti. They don't play with gloves there. That's where you brail belled character. Not here on the streets of the private.
Speaker 1: And we don't do private. We're a city league. Sounds like it, I know, And I was very disappointed because I was like, I don't understand. You get and so in coach pitch, you get five pitches from the pitcher and if you don't hit it, they put it on the tea and you hit it. Okay, okay, cool, Well let me tell you, baby box, whack, second pitch, doesn't need it, baby box two, third pitch, boom, hits it. Let's go, who's pitching you no other coach. He's pitching, and all these other coaches they get on one knee and they pitch it. Our guy, he stands straight up and just throws it. Rows it great.
Speaker 2: The downward trajectory a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why it's tough for the launch angle.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why people are on the knee because they want it to be a straight line drive.
Speaker 2: Why do you think it's so damn hard? They did seven foot pitcher.
Speaker 1: Tough, bro, I mean he is like probably six'.
Speaker 2: One tell him to get on his.
Speaker 1: Ass i'm gonna. Talk i'll send him a text and be, like, hey, man maybe you need to go down to one. Knee so what is that kind of?
Speaker 2: Comment what do you?
Speaker 1: Mean? Man second time? Up baby? Boxes Baby box two is swunging miss at four, pitches one, left one, left And i'm, like dang, it, man maybe he's not ready for coach. Pitch that pitch comes, In dan hits. It it's ground ball between first and. Second first baseman grabs, it steps on the bag out. Safe he's, safe really because the other coach didn't make their kids get off the. Base so that's WHERE i had my, dilemma what DO i do at this. Moment DO i do what the other coach, did or DO i remember what the rules said and respect the game of. Baseball you did read the rule.
Speaker 2: Book you gotta respect.
Speaker 1: That and that's WHY i looked At babybox TO i, said hey, man they got. YOU i gotta go sit.
Speaker 2: Down sheh that was.
Speaker 1: Deep and he went sat. Down he went sat back in the dugout.
Speaker 2: RY i peered over at the other coach AND i made the look to him like.
Speaker 1: At. YOU i just couldn't believe. IT i was, LIKE i can't be upset at him letting the runners stay on If i'm not going to do the same and just take my kid off the. Base and it was my. Kid it was a tough, call BUT i did. It he was out fair and.
Speaker 2: Square he has not call out thy kid that die did not call.
Speaker 1: Out at some, Point, Brewte at some, point, guys they have got to learn that you're not always gonna get on, base that it's okay to get.
Speaker 2: Out, yeah the hanky paying, stuff forget, that, Dude let's play the. Game there's worlds of ahead of us In, Tokyo, shanghai other places like. THAT usa And. America you can see why the game's fall curs. Out, yes, yes, yeah they're really good down. There but, yeah that was that was? It, Man that was. It so drive around in your local. COMMUNITY i don't know if you're a truck driver driving on the main roads the, secondary because we know my parents drive on the secondary. Roads, guys go to a ball. Field is anybody playing in your? Town probably. Not the game of baseball is on its way, out and we just found out right. Now it's. Soft kids are getting on base and they're safe when they're. Out sounds like an infield fly that just doesn't go. Away talk to your family and to your. Kids is the game of baseball gonna start in your? Community or is are gonna die in your? Community hang up and, listen, man that, dad big show beat the crap.
Speaker 1: OUT i, know, Man i'm, tired, Dude i'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Tired yeah that was a haymaker of a. Show oh, WAIT i mean we got knocked around THEN i got. Baser how can you having so much more energy on the. Weekends you try and have a personality for twelve hours a.
Speaker 1: Day it's.
Speaker 2: Impossible truck, drivers when do you guys have to have a personality when you talk on the phone to your, Wife, hey, honey life's. Great when you go to the gas station and fill up with, diesel you rarely have to be. On we have to be on for twelve hours a.
Speaker 1: Day, teachers oh, god they.
Speaker 2: Got to be. On and we had the debate with one of our. Friends it's a small, debate but what's tougher twelve hours of parenting or twelve hours of a job where you have to be on for twelve?
Speaker 1: Hours, well it depends on what the job, is and also depends how many kids and how.
Speaker 2: Old two, kids your kid's.
Speaker 1: Age probably twelve hours.
Speaker 2: On because everybody sided with. Me this was a fight like five years, Ago Dodds Corteses, slaters massive, fight huge. Fight who has it? Tougher ray twelve hours on or another one of our friends with the two kids twelve hours on and everybody sided with. Me everybody, said twelve hours on is way harder than twelve hours with, Kids and it led to a huge, fight and the whole weekend was maybe marred by this.
Speaker 1: Fight so you're saying it was kind of like the fight between my roommate and his new chick of two hours in.
Speaker 2: The hotel room ray except for they had their guns. Drawn if you know WHAT i, mean.
Speaker 1: You know What i'm.
Speaker 2: Saying mark was carrying a.
Speaker 1: Rifle no he. Was he was carrying a.
Speaker 2: BAT i had a pea, shooter BUT i had my gun. Holstered mark on the other hand and was firing. Away h