Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move on this Thursday, and we're joined by Bloomberg Crossauset reporter Emily Graffeo. Emily Robin Hood in the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Robin Hood was the third best performer in the S and P five hundred today. It was up four point seven percent. It hit a record intra day high. And I don't only to put people on the spot, so I won't make you, guys, guess how much this stock has gone up over the last twelve years. But I'll let you think of it. Twelve years, I'm sorry, twelve months.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think this ipiod like when you were at Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, it appeared recently in the last Okay, in the last twelve months. How much do you think it's gone up? Just think about it. You don't have to say it.
Speaker 3: How many did Okay?
Speaker 1: Because I had this really nifty thing called the Bloomberg two at all.
Speaker 3: Well, I get it that.
Speaker 1: I just looked it at just the year to date, which is a lot. So I'm going to make tim guests.
Speaker 3: Two or three digits, three digit Yeah, I'm going to say one hundred and thirty percent.
Speaker 2: Forty four percent in the last year. That's so this has been crazy. The stock was recently added to the S and P five hundred and do it too. We did get their CEO of lad ten of making some headlines today. He actually was speaking of Bloomberg TV at a conference in Singapore a little bit earlier, talking about how the tokenization of assets ranging from stocks to real estate is set to rewire financial services and they began offering tokenized equities in June. So this is what does that mean tokenized equities? Yeah, this is this is a good question. It's essentially putting the stock on putting a stock.
Speaker 3: On the blockchain. Yeah, which, and the question is, and we've asked lad this before, why do it? And he argues that if you do this with things that are not just stocks but also like equity of private companies, then you can get more people involved in these companies and more people invested in these companies. And he's been talking about this for a long time and they're working on it, so that kind of makes right.
Speaker 2: I mean, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Now everybody's a believer, not everyone is.
Speaker 2: A believer, but in terms of this affecting the stock price over the last twelve months and today. Basically this is a theme that investors are looking for. So when they hear the CEO say tokenization, they get excited, and so we sell this stock.
Speaker 3: And apparently what you can do on the robinhood app now has some of the sports betting apps. Yeah, a little concerned. Yeah we saw that earlier this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Vlad had also he mentioned prediction markets again. This is another hot theme right now. Retail investors are not only actually participating in prediction markets, but if a publicly traded, you know, company is talking about how they're trying to get into that business, it's definitely a catalyst. So that's ticker hood Hood.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Robinhood. Let's go to something a business I can really understand. Let's go to ticker oxy.
Speaker 3: She's an oil person.
Speaker 2: Earl So Occidental Petroleum was down seven percent. It was a big drop since April. And there's some deal news. Warren Buffett is getting back into buying companies. He took a short hiatus, but Occidental agreed to sell it's oxy Kem petrochemical unit to Berkshire Hathaway for about nine point seven billion dollars in cash. The sale was below the ten billion that had been expected. Could have been one reason why we did see the stock fall seven percent. And then analyst also said the deal is deleveraging the company. But this is the first time we've seen Warren Buffett make a large acquisition since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: And he has the cash. I mean, were you going to say that, Carol? Yeah, well, kind of go to the same place with the cash that he has.
Speaker 1: Right, And people have been wondering forever, like at all of his you know, annual meetings, what is he to say?
Speaker 3: What does he say every quarter, we'll buy something when we find something that we think is valued fairly.
Speaker 1: Sounds very buffet.
Speaker 2: And this is a stock that's made him pretty wealthy. He was a pretty big shareholder, and I believe he's still in Occidental Petroleum and it's had some pretty good years.
Speaker 3: How does he bring Occidental Petroleum to the annual meeting? You know, he has the Ceas candy, he has the Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: He is the number one investor in Occidental.
Speaker 3: You didn't answer my question. Just roll a barrel, Okay, yeah, Aisle, that's what I was. That's what you do. Hey, you need energy to power automobiles. Look what he did there, especially ones with their internal combustion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a really good segue into talking about Stilantis. I was watching the US listed shares of Stillantis up as much as nine percent ticker st l A, and the stock the US listed chairs actually hit the highest level since July. They were the maker of Jeep SUVs. They reported a gain in third quarter US deliveries. Those deliveries were up six percent in the third quarter, powered by an eleven percent jump in Jeep deliveries. So I guess more people it's a Jeep thing, buying Jeeps. Pretty cool car.