Speaker 1: Speaks to the planning. I go by the name of Charlamagne of God, and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, DyB and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money Podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. You got the Woman of All Podcasts with Saturayjay Roberts, The Funky Friday Podcast with Cam Newton, the Neked Sports Podcast with Carrie Champion, Good Mom, Bad Choices Podcast, the Trap Nerd Podcast, and many more will be on that stage live. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect Marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: Jee I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, all you gotta clap it up, Clap it up, clap it up.
Speaker 3: With the energy going up.
Speaker 2: What's up, y'all, It's Laura le Rosa. This is the Latest with Lauren l Rosa. Now, this is your daily dig, your daily dish on everything in all conversations, pop culture and just you know, those conversations that shake the room. Now, I want to first of all, thank you guys for coming right on back here with me. Y'all know I'm the homegrowd. I know it's a little bit about everything and everybody, and today in the room, I got the og who knows a little bit about everything and everybody. My mom really is like complete opposite of me, though she not her business I don't.
Speaker 3: But my mom is here. Hey mom, Yes, my mom Lois is here.
Speaker 2: My family was in town because we did like a media kind of like meet and greet type of situation for the podcast in the episode previous to this one. If you have not listened to that, please go and listen to it. It's a live conversation with me and Charlemagne just about you know, like where everything started from for me, where you know I'm at now and where I'm going and where I'm headed. So my family was in town for that. So my mom is still here and she came to film the podcast with me.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: We are going to go and see Alicia Keys's play on Broadway later today as well, So I'll let you guys know how that goes. They just celebrated one year on Broadway, so I know that that's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Alicia Keys, I don't know if she like you know, she's there all the time, but I know Tank is involved. So the scene is gonna be sanging, Okay, you're ready? Mind you excited?
Speaker 3: Yes, she's oh yeah, she's excited.
Speaker 2: So the way that we do it here, Mom, when we start off the podcast is we do a check in, So this is a grinding you know, behind the scenes of the grind checking where we just asked, how are you feeling.
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling great. That was a good opening. Last night really was really therapeutic for me.
Speaker 3: Oh to hear me talk about everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, how do you feel when you like, when you're sitting in the audience and like you're hearing me talk about things that like, you know, I mean, you're my mom and.
Speaker 3: Brought also too. You lived them a real life with me.
Speaker 4: That's right, That's what I was about to say. It just is the real life. And I appreciate you. Keep keeping it real, girl, Yeah, keep it real. That's the way to do it. I congratulate you on that. And now let's get real about everything about everything?
Speaker 2: She said, were ready to get on into some topics. Well, so, the way that we normally do a mom, you know, because I know this is your first time here, is after we do the check in, then we go into the topics, but before we do the topics.
Speaker 3: I always got to check in on Patrick.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling energized after that event.
Speaker 3: Last night, energized. Did you sleep in?
Speaker 5: I didn't get to sleep, but it's fine because we was here grinding. We came back to the studio to dump the footage, get the audio up for the next morning.
Speaker 3: We got y'all did that last night.
Speaker 5: After the me and Tyler pulled up to the studio right here, got the audio up, mare was ready for the next morning.
Speaker 2: Wow, thank you for that, because I was like today Breakfast Club is on hiatus this week.
Speaker 3: I was tired. I've slept all day.
Speaker 2: I still don't fully feel all the way like, oh wake, but I'm here. I also have a fresh face of makeup because it's glowing. But I left my makeup at the breakfast club studio and I was like, I'll come back and get it. Child, went out, had a couple of drinks. Shout out to Saint Lounge here in New York City, forgot all about it. So here we are fresh face, you know, giving beautiful skin, beautiful glow, glow by God. Okay, yeah, I know that's right, Mom, Yes, yeah, she like I did that. So yeah, let's get on into the latest. This is the latest update that we have in Sean Colmb's aka Diddy aka puff Daddy's situation. You know, your girl love to take y'all a court, Love to take y'all a court. So, as you guys know, Diddy has been preparing to go to court. There's been you know, different conversations about what the jury will look like, you know, how they will vet the jury, discovery and evidence across the board from prosecutors to defense, and what evidence will be used, what.
Speaker 3: Can be submitted.
Speaker 2: Remember they were arguing about that Cassie video and if it could be submitted because it wasn't the original, then they found the original.
Speaker 3: So all of that has been going on.
Speaker 2: My source who's in the know of all of this says that is one of you know, Puff's team's big conversation points right now is that they don't know the other evidence. But before we get there, let's talk a little bit about the fact that it was announced today that Diddy is looking at and trying to get Brian Steele to be his attorney, to join his legal team. If you've been following the Young Thug or worth following the Young Thug case, which was one of the longest standing cases in Georgia state history, you know that Brian Steele did not play at the to the point where he was willing to go to jail with Thug so that he could be prepared for court the next day. This is a big, big, big gues like, this is a big deal, Like if Diddy is able to make this happen, it's a huge deal for multiple reasons.
Speaker 3: One of the major reasons, you know, from what I'm.
Speaker 2: Told by a source who is very familiar with you know, Diddy's team and how things are moving for them, is that Diddy's team thinks of Brian Steel as a dynamic lawyer, and I think, like I said, we all do. But to have other attorneys, you know, quote him in this way that means that they know how much of an asset he will be to the case and what you know, their strategy right now that they're planning will be. And at this time, you know, we've talked about so many different attorneys when it comes to Puff. You saw a guy named Mark Agnefilio who was featured in that TMZ doc that they did about Diddy. There's been a multiple different attorneys. Puff is being advised by a bunch of different people right now for what I'm told, But they do want like a powerhouse attorney to kind of seal the deal and bring the jail together. So not jail like the jail were sore happens to be sitting, but I mean like kind of mesh the team make things, you know, coencibe amongst everybody. Now, if a judge admits Brian Steele, that means it's a go. From what we are told, Brian Steel is down for it. You know, they've had the conversations. It's just all about it for judges gonna say yes, you can come here and practice.
Speaker 3: Besides, you know some of these local attorneys.
Speaker 2: Now, what I found out in researching this and talking to my source was that Brian Steele, I'd always thought that he was from Georgia, He's actually from New York.
Speaker 3: He studied at.
Speaker 2: Fordham University School of Law, which is a game changer in my opinion as well. So you have him as this dynamic attorney. He actually prides himself on working through cases with extremely high stakes, like that is one of his like top tier things. And we again we saw that with Young Thug. Young Young Thug was facing up the forty years behind bars when he decided. When Thug decided I have to take that plea deal, I remember getting on already on being like, I don't know I would have took it. You, facing all of this time, I probably would have took that. But they were so confident in what they had.
Speaker 3: The evidence that they had exactly.
Speaker 2: Now, another thing that I think is like, you know, a big deal is like the fact that he is from New York is important because a lot of you know, the laws that the accusers have leaned in on to be able to bring these accusations despite the timeline and like how long ago these accusations occurred for some of the victims. Their local laws that are making it where you know, there's no stipulation on when you can and cannot come forward, which have made the filing of these things even possible. So to have a lawyer that is from New York that will understand those specific laws to New York a lot better than any other attorney from anywhere else that could come in and ask for an admission, right he's coming back home. And then you have an attorney who has already proven and showed us because of the young thug situation, that he's really good at finding these gray areas and leaning in on them. And one thing that I like with attorneys, and I like to watch when it comes to attorneys, is that I feel like an attorney's job is to find a loophole and use that loophole or those loopholes to create the conversation and to change the narrative in the conversation around their client. Then persuading a jury then to make it work, and then getting you know, the verdict that they want.
Speaker 3: If I'm a prosecutor's.
Speaker 2: Office and I've brung this huge case against this big name celebrity. I would come out the back swinging with the evidence, period because I want to nail it right. So whether what they have evidence wise is strong or not, I think that right there gives you almost like a strategy point of here's what I can lean in on. Because court of public opinion is a real thing. I don't think that Diddy's trial at all cannot be influenced by what's happening outside the court room. It's just not possible. He is way too famous. Cassie now in her allegations, became way too big of a story. This whole thing has become a circus in a mockery. There is no way right. So you need a judge like O'Brian Steele, who has shown us again because of the young Thug chrial. He outside, he know what's going on. So now getting to the evidence. So djvladd tweeted a tweet that I thought was pretty interesting. He said Diddy is going to trial in four weeks. I spoke to a lawyer close to the case. He said the case is winnable, but Diddy's eagerness to quickly go to court is going to significantly, significantly hurt Diddy's chances of winning. He should have pushed your trial to next year to give his defense time to make their case. Now here's my thing. I understand what he's saying, because let me tell you, guys, what's happening right now. There have been a few superseding indictments. But when you supersede it, that means you add or create a new one that then attaches to your original claims. So it's basically like new claims, more charges.
Speaker 3: Right. That has now happened three times with Diddy.
Speaker 2: Diddy's team has filed and has said multiple times they're not showing us anything.
Speaker 3: We can't prepare a trial. We can't prepare to go to a case.
Speaker 2: We can't prepare to go to a court and stand up against something that we haven't even seen.
Speaker 3: Legally, we're entitled to see this.
Speaker 2: If I'm Puff's team or if I'm Diddy, I want to wait too, because I want my team to see everything.
Speaker 3: Every nook, crany crack, ounce whatever it.
Speaker 4: Is them to decide to shield the evidence. Discovery comes in right when you make an allegation against someone.
Speaker 2: Discovery, you have time for discovery? THEMM, yes, yes, but that's the time trying to get there. You won't let me. I'm trying, you won't let me. So where I was going with this is is that Diddy's team has requested that multiple times. And the person that I spoke to that is close to this situation told me, look that tweet, that blad tweet. It makes a lot of sense. But if you're puffed, you're you're acting like my mom, you're anxious. You won't even let me get the words out. Because if somebody doesn't have something you like, yo, why would we raid around until they find it? Or because he's standing on his innocence and a lot of this it's I'm innocent, so there ain't gonna be nothing.
Speaker 3: So let's run it up.
Speaker 2: Let's do this right. But as an attorney, as an attorney, you gotta.
Speaker 3: Cover all your bases because what you don't want to happen is evidence.
Speaker 2: You don't want to get in court and get to a point where you don't have any more time to sit with what is discovered with that evidence, and now you gotta try and fight that in real time. You don't want that to happen. Now here's another thing, though.
Speaker 4: We are also ready like tomorrow to see the evidence since they've acts for the discovery.
Speaker 3: So you obviously think Diddy is innocent.
Speaker 4: Mom, honestly think that we should stay with the evidence. You good, don't go around making allegations from the court and don't present evidence. But you know who knows we did in a new day and time. That's everybody who wants to be a star on Puffy's back, even me.
Speaker 3: Hello Puffy back a little slippery now baby led up? His baby rolled up? Now, Mom, I don't know, but they don't.
Speaker 4: They willing to make that slide. Girl, They've mered need to make that slide.
Speaker 2: Well, I did want to get to this final point. So what I'm told is that this Friday, April eighteen, twenty twenty five, the judge and Diddy's cases going to be making a very important decision decision. My source tells me that the judge will be having a conversation and making decisions on how things will move forward based on the fact that now Puff's team is claiming that the prosecution violated the deadline to show discovery and if that, if that happens, then Puff's team will then be granted a two month almost like a stay where they now have these two months to take more time to get their things together and to try and go through this whole discovery phase again, because again they're telling puff and they're telling everybody, we want to cover all bases, baby, we willn't need no surprises, none whatsoever, none, not narrow surprise.
Speaker 4: And in other words, let this not be a case of hearsay.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent one hundred percent. So next up in the latest Marvin Sapp, this is gonna be real quick because I just wanted to bring this back because we talked about Marvin Sat in the opening couple days of the podcast, and I told y'all that I thought it was ridiculous that this that instead of Marvin Sapp just apologizing and saying, yo, I know I was wrong for telling them to lock the doors until the church raised forty thousand dollars, he decided to be like, you know what, that happens all the time, and now I'm receiving debt.
Speaker 3: Like I just feel like he took the account of that was needed.
Speaker 2: So Marvin Sat posted today something that I want you guys to take a listen to. He is now releasing a song inspired by his closed the Door viral forty thousand dollars moment. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: Close Someone.
Speaker 2: Close the doors and when he posts this song, the caption says, the last few weeks have been tough, misunderstood, misrepresented, and misinterpreted, and even maligned. But I've learned that when life hands you lemons, you don't just make lemonade. You build the lemonade company. And that's exactly what I've done. Close the Door isn't just a song, It's a soundtrack for survival. I'm releasing it this Good Friday, not Good Friday, on the Lord's weekend, not Easter weekend, the day we honor the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: It's like he closed the door on death, hell, and the grave. I'm closing a door on the noise, the pain, and everything that tried to break me. This song will bless you. I believe that with everything in me. My assignment and this season is through this song to help you close the door too. This will be available on all streaming platforms this Good Friday.
Speaker 3: This is BS.
Speaker 4: Well, that wasn't that. That's not gonna be a good Friday for him.
Speaker 2: Not at all, Because this is BS for you to okay. People were upset, People felt away because they don't want church and money in business, in corporate to intertwine. We all know that it does because the church is a business. A church got bills, they need money to raise their bills, and they do all these things. But people want to feel like when they come to church, it's of God. Yes, it's a gift, it's religion. It's a good feeling. It's the hug you need, it's the inspiration. It's the putting the pieces back to a broken feeling day, week, month, year situation.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: We don't want to feel like you're trying to flip us for a reup. And that's what this song feels like. And I know that Marvin sapp is a gospel superstar, so it's all about the business at some point, you know what I mean for him, But as a man of God.
Speaker 4: And because he is great, I love him. I love his songs. There's great inspiration. That's enough, Marvin. You didn't need that extra step he went to for.
Speaker 2: This one, ain't it. This This is a misstep. And I hope that you know in your your your you're worshiping I know.
Speaker 3: You know is a very Holy Stable still time.
Speaker 2: I hope that that time allows for you to sit down and just see why this is a part of the problem, especially in a black church.
Speaker 3: But this is a part of the problem. People feel like church is a gimmick.
Speaker 2: People feel like the pastors and spiritual leaders are caricatures and that they're a gimmick and that they're always on bs and this don't help.
Speaker 4: You Gotta get it the right way.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's how we're close and people can do that. You have an idea.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is shine it up.
Speaker 2: Get it the right way, period, Marvin. Get it together and get it the right way. Now we are, you know, bringing and coming down to the end of the show. And y'all know, before we get out of here, we always get outside in the streets.
Speaker 3: Outside, we outside, we outside outside of twee.
Speaker 2: You know, we love outside outside in the streets, outside of the tweets. So today on Twitter, I was having a conversation and I'm like, yo, y'all been in my comments like with so much great constructive criticism and and words of encouragement and just you know, great feedback from the show telling me what y'all love, and we just you know what I mean, there's some real conversations going on, and I'm like, I feel like this is such a community already.
Speaker 3: We had the event yesterday and I felt such a sense.
Speaker 2: Of community, and I think that's what we've been talking about a lot today as well. It's like and being a part of a part of community, in a part of society, getting it the right way and doing things the right way, and when you do that, people feel it.
Speaker 3: I was so inspired yesterday.
Speaker 4: It was explosive to your gathering your today to welcome you in this new.
Speaker 3: I pod podcast.
Speaker 2: No I don't watch it clothes, but yes, like just just really big sense of community has been you know the thing. I feel like that's kind of what we've been talking about today with all of these topics as well too.
Speaker 3: But I asked Twitter, what is it that I can call you guys?
Speaker 2: Like I said, I'm trying to figure out a name for my podcast audience. Does anybody have any suggestions? Fifty people replied y'all had a lot of replies. So one person said the Lauren de Rosa in her hive or the Listeners, Someone said the Lorosa's. Another person said Lauren Listeners or Lauren Lrose's listeners. The one that I really love is somebody said somebody called you guys the Lowriders. I thought that was fire because I like the low Riders because because the news you give, I didn't even think about it like that, Yeah, they knew like takes y'all on the ride, but also to y'all be riding for me, like y'all be coming out swinging for me, and I'm not mad about that at all. And like when y'all do some of y'all because some of y'all just be shady and y'all be trying to be like, you know, like all the other minstrul maddies or menopause matties. But for the ones of y'all that be sending you know, good, like the real constructive stuff my way, I'd be feeling.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, like, look at y'all hold down for real the right way, doing things the right way.
Speaker 3: So I really like the low Riders.
Speaker 2: But go to my Twitter tweet me let me know what you guys are thinking, what you guys liked. Some people also said the mochahs because the bron girl grinding the brownies because the brown girl grinding shout out to my homegirl. She has a group called the Brownies already, so I wouldn't even do that. Oh okay, Darius Love Hell, I'm gonna shout you out because you want you wanted the airtime. I'm gonna give it to your baby. He gonna say, Lauren's lace fronts. Oh no, but yes, let me know what y'all want to be called right now. It's leaning toward the low riders. So we're gonna figure that out by the end of this week and by Friday, I'm gonna be let y'all know, like, boom, baby, this is what it is. That's what just called us, what's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be, this is what we gonna be, period, mom, period. So we're gonna close out with that.
Speaker 5: Me and my mom.
Speaker 2: Actually gotta get to this Broadway show. So you know, as always, I appreciate you guys, because at the end of the day, y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about all of this stuff, but y'all choose to be right here with me talking about it, and you know, I appreciate that. I'm Laura le Rosa, I'm your homegirl that knows a little bit about everything, and everybody thank y'all for tuning in.
Speaker 3: This is the latest with Laura l Rosa. I will see you in my next episode.
Speaker 4: Love,