Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Yeah, so, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: But fuck all that. Okay, let's get to the guest today. Whatever, it's just a chaos filled episode. Allow me to bring in the advice king. The mister Coldbrew got me like the foremost I don't know expert on YouTube and everything esoteric.
Speaker 1: I feel like you know what I mean. And also, are you running for office?
Speaker 3: Do I have that role? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, well bring it in future local politician Chris Kroft.
Speaker 3: What's up? You think I'm gonna be crazy today? You're wrong. I'm a politician now normal, come out both sides? What about both sides?
Speaker 1: Chris? Since last year were on, I've seen that you were filing the the relevant documents to run for office locally in Nashvilles.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I moved back to Nashville at the end of September and I went, well, whatever, I went here, I was here and then I live in Madison. How did you get there?
Speaker 1: Already?
Speaker 3: Be a very boring segment the health man. I was hoping to talk about metal detecting again. So I moved to Madison, which is like where it's all vape shops and pay day loan places, you know, and so it's not New Nashville. So it's like this New Nashville. You know, everybody's like, you know, it's the Lollipop Forest and all that shit. So I moved to this part of town where the roads are all well like wagon tracks, right, I said wagon tracks. I went down to the city council and I said wagon tracks to him like four times real loud. And and so anyway, the roads here shan't by the way, I think that's there's the roads here are trashed. Right, So the roads here are trashed. It's like a bunch. There's no public transportation of any note. It's humiliating to wait for the bus. You just stand in like some weeds. It's fucking horrible. So we got one neighborhood up here that's like four feet out of Lollipop Town. There's New Nashville, you know. Where I'm up from Nashville. I'm like ten minutes up the road, you know, And this is much more real in the sense of it's much more poor, right, and you know, real meaning like just working class people. I mean real meaning you don't like it, you know what I mean, Like real is supposed to be. You know. It's I like it because it reminds me of old Nashville before it had like hot and cold running like micro bruiser whatever the fuck, and and anyway, so I'm like up here and I'm like, Okay, the roads here trashed. There's a homeless encampment in the woods. There's like and then there's just Nashville like, which is just booming with and they're just keep putting up these luxury hotels and things. So I was like, so the big thing was they they said, the Titans of course, threatened to leave if they don't get a new stadium, which is what NFL teams do, you know, And nobody can say no to them because like you know, because Vegas or something, they'll go crazy, like the whole world will go crazy, you know what I mean. Like it's like, you know, you can't say no to the Titans. But I also think you should say no to the Titans when they do this to you, which is they asked for a new stadium, and they cut a deal where we give Nashville. The city gives like seven hundred million dollars to the to the stadium, but it's even more than that. But there's like seven hundred million dollars in tax dollars going to the NFL. When we got people full of kratom standing in the weeds waiting for the bus that comes erratically, like there's no there's there's there's traffic here of this place. I used to live here when it was empty, and I don't I don't expect it to be empty. Like when I moved here in two thousand and one, there was nobody here, and I understand that's not sustainable, but I liked it because you could just go around and write, you know, you could just like to add my band and you just pay you two hundred dollars a month rent. You get drunk, and you tell everybody what's what. That's a great town to me. Yeah, but that you know, that's not you know, people eventually will catch on to the rent being like two hundred dollars and then people come here. Right, So, like growth is fine, but like.
Speaker 2: We just have Yeah, let's have the wealth distributed properly, so everybody is benefiting from it, right, what I was saying, trickle down the wealth.
Speaker 3: I think it's what miles, Yeah, yeah, yeah, we need to give more money to the people at the top. It's not falling down fast enough, thank you.
Speaker 1: So more gravity up top.
Speaker 3: It'll they're not stacking enough money at the top because it will not come down. You got it. It's like one of those machines at the gas station where they have like the pennies. You know what you're you push If you push harder on the gas pump lever, more gas comes out faster. Yeah, it's like another platform. Yeah, it's like yeah, it's like if you don't squeeze hard enough of the gas station.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: So so anyway, I went down to the stadium hearing and I don't know if you guys have heard the audio from it. I have it. You know you can hear it. I just I could play it. I don't. It's two minutes long, but it's me yelling at not yelling because I'm running for real, that's one thing. I'm running for Metro Council at large History office, meaning it's not tied to a particular district. So I'm running at large all of Davidson County. There's five selected, there's twenty one people running, and I'm not doing this as a stunt. And I just I went down to the stadium and I and I thought I was going to wait to watch the proceedings. They were deciding whether to approve the stadium and the stadium deal and it was already done. Like the activists had to get like had to be activists just to get a hearing. But then the hearing was like everybody's sort of like I can't even it's too long a story. But one side of the hall was people wearing loafers, Gucci loafers and no socks for real, and the other side was like all black. I mean it was like it was like white and black. It was not that extreme, but it was like the white people in the fleece vests and the fucking loafers with no socks just got up and said, we want a stadium because it's fun and we can smoke cgars in it. And then a bunch of people of color, teachers like regular people got up and made good points and they sided with the guys who want to smoke cigars, you know, and it was to see that. If it was not, it would have made me bad if there wasn't taxpayer money involved, just the attitude, but the fact that they were giving away tax money. And it was like very stark because I don't know why there was like weird intimidation things happening. The reason I know why you could tell the difference in color between the people who are pro stadium and anti stadium is because they divided us when we got there. You had to get in a line that said pro and a line that said against, which I already thought was weird. But I got up and I didn't even thought. They said, well, you can't go into sit because the Titans already paid a ton of people to be here, and they all filled the place already. They had a picnic. The Titans had a picnic for people in the afternoon to be that's how you warm up for activism is with a light light. But it was a week day, so they it was whoever got there first got to speak for two hours. So the pro stadium people got two hours, and then a bunch of people Anti stadium people had like kids and stuff. Regular people had to go home so anyway, I got in there and I just I didn't I just wanted to. I realized they were going to pass it. So I just said, this is socialism, not because I hate socialism. Of course. The first person that came at me was a liberal saying, you, why do you got to put down socialism? And I was like, I'm not putting down socialism, saying socialism to these people because they don't they think corporate peak capitalism. They think it's peak capitalism because the NFL is involved. So they're like NFL's capitalism, but you're giving them tax payer money. Doesn't matter NFL, you know. And so I was just there to say. I said, it was like putting up a gold statue of Stalin. I said, I said it was. I said it was. I said crazy shit because I wanted to say stuff in that chamber that they had not heard. But I mainly got to say this is corruption and you guys know it. And it felt so good because when I do stand up, all I do is complain about corruption, well not all, and I also do jokes about how people who smoke pot of mustard on their pants, but they but you know, I got you can't just get up there and talk about the division of wealth. But anyway, so it was like a very it was an amazing moment for me because I realized, oh wait, this is like doing stand up but for people who don't want to hear it, like, well, that's not that different either, So I know it's not that difficult. But hearing saying this stuff about, you know, corruption to people who are actually doing the corruption felt good. And so then I thought, why should run for office? And then I mean the amount of support I've had has been just absolutely amazing. People have been like, yes, so you'll see, I just want to be a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look, Hey, for those of you that are able, you know, check out Chris Crofton's campaign running for the at large.
Speaker 3: District Metro Council at large Castle, Tennessee. You can go to vote blue and I'm raising money there. I haven't got my account all the way set up, so you know, don't go there, don't go there, don't go there for a little while. Go there in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I'm not when you launch your your fundraising arm.
Speaker 4: What is something from your search history search history a cheap gift? My wife's birthday is this weekend. I know the actual is of Randy Johnson kills bird was what it was because I think a cup maybe it was over the weekend. Randy Johnson by the famous But I'm picking up on Jack's Q that I was talking about obscure Philadelphia sports stuff and Jack had to keep jumping and explaining what the fuck I was talking about.
Speaker 3: So I'll just do it myself.
Speaker 4: Randy Johnson was a famous Hall of Fame pitcher, and this seems mathematically impossible, but one time he was pitching and he threw the pitch to the plate and then a bird flew in the path of the pitch and the bird, I don't I don't know what happened to it. I don't know if it survived, it exploded, it exploded, yes, yeah, truly, Like.
Speaker 3: There it was decimated. A bird is.
Speaker 1: Flying and then there is just a cloud of feathers and that's it.
Speaker 4: It was stunning. And then it happened again over the weekend. We're in warm ups. There was a picture for the same team that Randy Johnson played for, the Arizona Diamondbacks, was warming up in his pitch. By the way, this is all accident. These people aren't burderers, right, and they was blood thirsty motherfuckers, these fucking fat There was foul play, but I do need to go. But no, they hit I probably should be leaving it. I'm feeling faint, but yeah. Another pitcher hit a bird with a pitch over the week over the weekend, over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Same kind of image.
Speaker 3: It was not as cool.
Speaker 4: I know, you love that that just that bird exploding sort of thing. Jack, You don't you like to get your money? Yeah, but no, this shot, it wasn't nearly out in the outfield. He was warming up, so you know, yeah, he didn't put much behind it, but it did kill the bird.
Speaker 2: Also in the Cleveland Guardians the Cleveland Guardians White Sox game, a bird also got fucked up by like a ground ball like this over over the weekend too. I mean, yeah, Randy Johnson, known as the Big Unit. You can imagine what kind of heat was coming off that arm. Now he's just a you know, he's just like a hobby photographer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he seemed like he would like just disappear into the desert once.
Speaker 2: He goes to like he takes like sports photos like you see him in the background of like football games and ship like on the field like a telephoto lens.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm just really into photography.
Speaker 3: He gets the best shots because he's six eleven.
Speaker 1: Right, he's out Here's he just loved he just loves looking at things through the lens. You know, he's taking like concert photos anyway.
Speaker 2: It just it's always fun to see's like, I think I can think he got into it in college or something, and that's I was just like, and I just kept it going after that.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: What is something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Beside sandwiches?
Speaker 1: Yes? Wow?
Speaker 5: Quitting Twitter and indignation overrated?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know why? Yeah, because no one notices when you stop doing something. No one, no one notices. Yeah, And like every social media platform sucks in its own special way.
Speaker 5: Every I mean.
Speaker 6: Elon obviously, Extra sucks, which I guess we're going to be talking about, But like, no one notices when you stop doing something. I've seen a specific news organization that I may or may not have a loose affiliation with, you know, quit in a very public way. My my news outlet did too, and I you know, they didn't make us quit, you know, or the reporters that news organization quit. But I'm like, what an opportunity you had when you're actually being talked about to do something else with this besides just stop doing anything right and now like you're not to do anything with it, Like you could have raised money, you could have like topt people with journalism is but like when you're not doing anything, nobody notices you're not doing anything. So I just think that there's like taking your toy. Remember it happened with Reddit like a bunch of years ago, Like what happened with that? Nothing like nothing, So I don't know. I just I just think that there's some like a little bit of just like virtue signally nothing burgerness and quitting Twitter and in ignation right now. I mean maybe someday it will be important, but to me it's a little bit overrated.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry if either one of you did that, And I just like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like twelve to thirteen times a day about I'm quitting Twitter. Yeah, each post is like that's it you've done at this time, musk. But yeah, I guess the fact that I've been doing that for three months now, probably.
Speaker 2: I'll never quit because I never thought I would have this many followers, and I like to look at the number. Why would I do that now at the top of my game?
Speaker 3: That's true?
Speaker 1: And may I say to the followers, you guys, stop quitting because it's making our numbers go down. That makes us sad. You're burning me. You burned me listeners who quit Twitter?
Speaker 3: My number went down, Like.
Speaker 6: Jack, I was looking at your following, You're like about twice as many as me. Like I could fill like a small college football stadium. You could feel like a big college football stadium. Like you couldn't like show up somewhere and like forty five thousand people would show up, right right.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all very loyal too.
Speaker 6: And they're all real people.
Speaker 1: There Mber bonds of mine, Yeah, number bots, and they're all they're all real me. Yeah, they love me like family members. I have a forty five thousand person family.
Speaker 6: They're not going to hang out flags in front of their house after they graduate.
Speaker 1: You. It's weird how I can get twelve thousand of them to say the exact same thing to me at the same time. Yeah, what's there? That's how that's all on the same page. They are wait and then sandwiches are overrated? You just kind of fun skip past that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I sandwiches right to the lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all sandwiches.
Speaker 5: Sandwiches, well, not grilled cheese, obviously, I like.
Speaker 1: Obvious, obviously not one of the three most popular sandwiches.
Speaker 6: The world's greatest hangover food is obviously not overrated. Okay, okay, but yeah, I don't get. I just I've never understood like the obsession with sandwiches. I know, people love sandwiches for me personally, sure, No.
Speaker 2: I'm not it's like the mania, like sandwich mania that's overrated or you.
Speaker 6: I just I just I don't understand, like when people are like, oh, we're going to bring in lunch for this Meeting're bringing in sandwiches and everyone's like yeah, and I'm like, yeah, right right.
Speaker 5: Pizza, yeah, sandwiches.
Speaker 6: No, Like it's just the stuff in the middle is a good part, and like I have to get through the ship on the app side to get to stuff.
Speaker 5: In the middle.
Speaker 2: You're almost like Trump with pizza. You're like, nah, not, the bread is just the top part. Scrape it off, thank you.
Speaker 5: That very complimentary comparison.
Speaker 2: Really I get that, look, I get the sort of singular focus though, it's just sort of like no, no, no, that's filler.
Speaker 1: You want the meats and the cheeses right there, that's the fucking I'm.
Speaker 6: Just I'm not like a huge, huge bread person. I mean, I'm not like anti carbs. I fucking love carbs. But I'm not like one people who's.
Speaker 5: Like I love bread, and then people are.
Speaker 6: Always like, you love it if you have the bread I make, And then I'm like, no, one fucking won't like I don't.
Speaker 1: Really, It's like it's just.
Speaker 6: It's just bread. It's just like it's not a special. It's just my opinion. It's my opinion. Not everybody agrees.
Speaker 5: It's okay. I have high I have had great bread, get me, don't get me wrong. There is bread that's better than other bread. I give that.
Speaker 1: Have you tried the they there's this thing they have out here in La called sliced bread where they are Yeah, yeah, it's not just one big hunk. It's really the greatest thing.
Speaker 5: It doesn't come out of a stone oven. It's not artisanal. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Wonder that's it? That's good stuff. Have you tried to wonder the stuff slice break gets so much credit from people all the time.
Speaker 2: Have you seen like those clips when like Americans are amazed at like the bread slicers in Europe, Like when you go to a store and like, oh, there's like I've just seen a genre of video like Americans whose minds are blown buying like a loaf of bread at a European grocery store that like you can then take to a machine that just like slices it fresh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was just gonna say coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, you just load it in. I might be in Germany or something like that, and it just like cleanly just slices it up, so you have like good like your loaf is actually as fresh as possible or whatever, and.
Speaker 3: Wow, it just slices it right here.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, and I watched it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, come on, man, act like you're I'm like, it's just slices right.
Speaker 2: The chill forgot yeah yeah, act like you've been here.
Speaker 1: That shit does make it Like grinding your coffee beans right before you brew the coffee really does make a difference. I'm like, I now now I want the I want a unsliced wonderbread loaf, something that even thank you. I'll take it home.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, with your friend knife just doing the most uneven slices.
Speaker 5: You ever tried to cut wonderbread or like with a knife, you can't do it.
Speaker 1: It's just like but yeah, like a non Newtonian substance. It's neither air is it's neither gas nor solid nor liquid? Yes, yeah, the knife doesn't know what to do with it. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 7: Magnesium glycinate for sleeping?
Speaker 1: It's so specific.
Speaker 3: God, magnesium? Sorry what glyconate?
Speaker 7: Magnesium glyconate? Specifically, magnesium comes in different forms. You can a bunch of different little endings, the glacier one for sleeping in particular.
Speaker 1: Magnesium when the number one auto complete for magnesium space and Google is glacinate. So it is it is us who are wrong. Food by magnesium and cheese, which is and cheese mag and cheese? Wait? So what is yeah? Tell me? Where where did you hear about it?
Speaker 2: What is is it? Is it for helping? Is it like a sleep aid or what's going on?
Speaker 3: It is a sleep aid.
Speaker 7: I heard about it from the journal, the very scientific journal that I always consume. TikTok. It helps you sleep, But it doesn't help you get to sleep, it helps you get into a deeper sleep once you are asleep. So my whole life, I was like, I don't really dream that often. I like have dreams sometimes, well like not super often, maybe once every couple of weeks. Turns out, I'm just not getting into rim sleep where dreams happen. Enough, we're staying in sleep long enough, and magnesium glacinate allows me to stay into rim sleep for a long time. So once I started taking it, I started having these really intense dreams that I thought we like hallucinations. Turns out that's normal and everybody has them. I just wasn't dreaming like that before because I wasn't sleeping like that.
Speaker 2: So we would describe one of your dreams. It's like very like, Okay, I had this one. I was I had to give a speech at school and I'm.
Speaker 7: Doing No, it's nothing like that.
Speaker 3: I had a dream.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Okay, I had a dream that one of my friends who had just gone to Europe for his birthday for a month, I was watching his location on Find my Friends, and I told him to come to where I was, and so I'm watching him cross like the boot of Italy on some.
Speaker 3: Some it's so random.
Speaker 7: On some bridge, he's going through the boot of Italy to get to me somewhere also in Europe. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and it's like dark out. There's like a lot of stars around. I'm with some person. I don't know who they are.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Very just super random, but very vivid.
Speaker 2: Dream Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna have to look into that.
Speaker 1: We're big dream heads on this podcast.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 1: I feel I feel like there are insights in there if you just like, you know, keep track of them and like, don't be too specific, don't be like, oh so I'm going to see my friend on a bridge on the boot. But like there's you know, I think there's power there coming from the unconscious part of our minds.
Speaker 3: That I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the most powerful thing the humans have access to if you know how to use it. So that's cool. Magnesium glaconate against dreaming.
Speaker 3: I'll combine that with my th HC in that will.
Speaker 1: Always do it.
Speaker 3: Now, that's the thing.
Speaker 7: I'm scared of forming independency, so I won't do it more than two nights in a row. So I'll do my magnesium. But yes, definitely felt.
Speaker 1: Now the combo get combination? Yeah made yeah anything, I'm like, oh, this is like anti colmactic. Yeah, magnesium and T A C the combination.
Speaker 7: Now, I am not a doctor, so take this for what it's worth.
Speaker 1: But you are someone who's talk Yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Know what I mean, naturally, Yeah, an Osha Ganda supplement plus magnesium glyasconer plus a little THC. We'll actually have you in a stupor you.
Speaker 3: Might not wake up from that.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm seeing already like people are talking about combining actual ganda and magnesium gissing.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is all kinds of stuff going.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's a little crazy.
Speaker 1: Let us know, let us know if that's how you get downs like king. Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about Nikki Haley. We'll be right back and we're back, and Harlan Crowe is just a regular old guy and everybody needs to cool it. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, do you say anything more than that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I wasn't familiar with Harlan Crowe before all of this controversy, so I was shocked that he apparently had a stand in this like gram guy who was just like, Oh, I've been into this dude, and he's just a regular dude, you know, like all of our grandpa's. He's like funding a Supreme Court judge, you know, just a regular old.
Speaker 1: Dude like them. For how else would you unburden yourself with generations of inherited wealth? Was He's one of the things that this writer bind. He's not buying Nazi crap. He's unburdening himself with this historical relics. That's all it is.
Speaker 9: And if you're gonna buy historical relics, why would it be of say the country you live in, or maybe something related. Why wouldn't it be Nazis?
Speaker 3: Gotta be cool. There's so much history. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But so the first like as people were, you know, as the pro Publica series was being published, The Atlantic came out with this article that made headlines because the author was like, anyone who calls him a Nazi for collecting Nazi paraphernalia is an idiot. And I think we all know that, right, people can all agree His last line of like the article is something to the effect of like Harlan Crowe's friends know that he's not a Nazi, and it's like but and those that don't, of course, they jump to that because they're not smart like his friends. And you're like like, like, oh what, because America is a meritocracy and we can all just agree on that and move on. But as we talked about the last time we covered this, the guy Graham Wood is a like as he mentioned in the first article, like grew up in the same town as Harlan crow in like Dallas, and would like run past his compound and like peer through the gates and like wonder what was going. So he's he is like a lifelong fan of this billionaire.
Speaker 3: Or at least like prop yeah, his mystique, you know.
Speaker 1: So he's he's always wanted to just get in there. He's been looking for this opportunity there.
Speaker 9: You know, we all peek over the fence of a villain's mansion and go maybe me someday.
Speaker 1: I wish I could hang and hang out in there, and oh you enjoy some cannabis. Let me tell you favorite favorite pastime of black.
Speaker 2: And brown people in the US peering over somebody's fence that you don't It always ends properly to the point where I've never done that ship in my life. But anyway, this piece, though he really got the first piece got Harlan Crowe's attention and he was like, oh shit, this okay, these guys kind of a fan standing up, Yeah, I like, I fuck with this.
Speaker 3: Grand he wants to see my naz like totally come on over.
Speaker 2: So guess who got a personal invitation to Harlan Crowe's fucking sculpture garden. None other than Graham would And apparently up top he's like, look, man, I'm not gonna talk about this Clarence Thomas shit. He's like, oh yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure, sure, for sure. Obviously that's not even important to me. What I'm trying to do is humanize you. And this whole thing it's about as predictably like a puff piece as you can imagine. Like it's filled with some really dumb equivocations. There's one part where Harlan crow is like, I wouldn't be mad if like, let's say George Soros was friends with like the head of the World Bank, and you're like, oh ya, you really scream that dog whistle into the mic, okay, And let's not pretend like a Supreme Court justice is some kind of rabid capitalist business person. But I guess maybe that's what is being revealed, is that these people are not really here to adjudicate fairly that they're they can you know, they're ideological pieces that can be manipulated by people like Harlan Crowe. But again, I think overall, this piece just a really really cool moment where this journalist completely misses the point in order to like curry favor with a billionaire that he admires and tries to pretend as if his ties to Clarence Thomas aren't deeply problematic. He's like, of course you should disclose that stuff.
Speaker 1: Obviously. I'm saying that he's like, what was the fucking problem if he bought his mom's house. She lives at rent free or pay whatever. Marla's just a good dude.
Speaker 9: He's always just helping people who happen to be on the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, always like he.
Speaker 1: Knows where to put his money.
Speaker 2: The title of the piece is called the Collector because you're like, wow, great love.
Speaker 9: Which is just which I just like they just wave off the collecting Nazi memorabilia so easy, like just it's not like collecting lucky pennies. Okay, Like in Germany people aren't allowed to collect Nazi memorabilia. I studied German history, and I have no interest in collecting like Nazi memorabilia.
Speaker 2: Like what, It's just so fascinating that some of the three leaders during World War Two were all artists.
Speaker 1: I just think there's a fun story there.
Speaker 3: That's what he says about by Hitler's painting. That's just a fun story.
Speaker 1: So there's a fun story there. Like Okay, well what's the fun?
Speaker 9: I mean, this is where I'm like taking Let's ask him what that's some more questions.
Speaker 2: I think at best, right, he's so disconnected from what it means to collect that Nazi shit that he really doesn't see an issue because like, oh, like, I'm not affected by white supremacy or hate like in ways like that. Plus my money insulates me from that kind of reality. So I truly look at it as buying like old shit. Not even that I don't like I like it. I'm just like I can afford this story.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Hitler wasn't that scary.
Speaker 2: Even when I think of myself, I probably would have been fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, are what are we afraid of here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's the issue?
Speaker 2: But yeah, like there's another part though too, where like Graham Wood really wants to underline Crows like never Trump like bona fides or.
Speaker 1: He's like man like he he hates Trump though, like he hates them.
Speaker 2: So like huh, like it's just kind of like out of know, we're just saying that, Like so that's got to count for something. It's like but at the end of the day, he is so invested in the conservative like legal movement that like what, I don't understand why you think that one is different from the other, because they're they're both like trains that are moving in the exact same direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one is impolite and draws attention to itself, which is against the rules, especially for people who are part of, you know, the tradition of collecting and protecting generational wealth. Yeah, you know, so the Trump is bad for those people.
Speaker 2: There was there was another good quote that was saying how Harlan Crow like, actually he doesn't feel powerful at all. He doesn't get why. He's like he's like, I'm actually not that powerful.
Speaker 1: I'm a baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's like I'm wintle and weak.
Speaker 1: He's like, he's like they even like in the thing that are saying.
Speaker 2: Even President Biden has said he's like how He's like, you think you're going to be calling the shots. He's like, I take more orders now as president than I ever thought I would, as like as a way to be like, yeah, yeah, because you don't know where you are home.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 1: The Democratic Party that is fucking tied irrevocably to massive billionaires like this asshole. Yeah exactly. But it just like it's fun to like painted.
Speaker 2: It's like he doesn't even think he's He himself thinks he's weak, so it's okay, Like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 9: Totally fine if I'm not actually because I don't think I have the power. Like sometimes I call Clarence Thomas and he doesn't even call me back until like fifteen minutes later.
Speaker 3: I'm very, very weak.
Speaker 1: Those fifteen minutes they feel like an hour. I gotta tell you, man, I tell you. I've told Mike Walt granddaughter who just got back from Liberal Arts College. I've been ghosted too, okay by Clarence. It's tough out here. It's hard for a billy. Yeah, you know what I mean, But yeah, it's it's more predictable, like nonsense. I don't know why they're all in on this campaign to like try and defend Harlan Crow or like like what the editors at The Atlantic are like, Oh you got another Harlan Crow piece. Yeah, loved it up in the hop. But again, at the end of the day's go, it's truly to be what the kids say, Right, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 3: Atlantic Office.
Speaker 1: He's like, Yo, it's different, My god, bro, this was busting, busting. You didn't tell me about this. I actually believe he's a normal guy. But yeah, I mean, I think it just shows legacy media is still there. They're still in the billionaire culture. So they're not about to they're not about to point fingers and ship. Yeah. This guy, by the way, graduated from Harvard and currently is also a lecture in political science at Yale University.
Speaker 3: So it's really in touch with the people, the.
Speaker 1: Mainstream media, Ivy League, like that whole insular circle of people just cranking each other off and being like we're all we all get it right, Like we we can't tell the truth here, right, We know that there's an order two things, if you know what I'm saying, and it like ultimately comes down to fucking eugenics and being fascists, like being wealth fascists essentially. I wonder if they, like I can imagine they listen to Run the World by Beyonce and they who run they're like.
Speaker 3: Us, we love this way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Carlan grow is definitely like on his little stationary by pumping that in his ears.
Speaker 1: Or exercise bikes that with the little arms. Yeah, he's got the old timey like workout equipment from Nazi Germany's like a jiggle belt that like jiggles your belly until the it's supposed to just like make this like make that mell off. He's like this my gold kettle bell.
Speaker 2: It's from uh, it's from stolen teeth from Oh never mind, don't worry about it anyway.
Speaker 1: It wasts a ton though. All right, Well let's talk about Elon real quick. Oh my god, did a c NBC interview at the end of last week, and you know what, what we've seen from his Twitter persona appears to have transferred over to his actual human body persona, because yeah, he's just full, full blown.
Speaker 2: He's just a human four chan shit post basically, and he really let his freak flag fly in that interview. And by freak flag, I mean swastika's because man, a lot of the interview made waves like around this is like incessant need to defend the like verified Nazi shooter from Alan, Texas. You know, the guy with like the all the Nazi tattoos and the talk of loving Nazis and how he'd rather be a Nazi than act black. When he posted that meme, like he let everybody know very clearly, you know where he stood on things, what his perspective was.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Elon, he goes off about how despite all.
Speaker 2: Of the evidence and even the shooter's own words, it's not right to call this like a white supremacist act.
Speaker 1: So let me let me just play this.
Speaker 2: He's he's gonna start off by talking about why he's like dubious and you can just watch his like brain start melting.
Speaker 8: And the evidence for that was some obscure Russian website that Noah's everhood of that had no followers, and the the company that that found this is belling Cat And do you know what bella cat does?
Speaker 10: Ops, I couldn't really even follow exactly what it was you were trying to express there.
Speaker 1: So that's part why I was curious.
Speaker 8: But I'm saying that I thought that the ascribing it to whites premacy was bullshit. Okay, and and uh and and and and that the information for that came from an obscure Russian website and was somehow magically found by Bellingcat, which is a company that doess.
Speaker 1: Okay, so enough about that, does not doops?
Speaker 7: Who is the.
Speaker 5: Reporter going right? Was he just has a reflexively bad thing to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: And even though he did kind of follow up, he's like, look, I only say that because I don't know what you're saying. He did basically like I don't know what you're trying to say right now, but change.
Speaker 5: Your change your reflex. Do the barbar like huh, right to change the reflex, dude.
Speaker 7: Change it.
Speaker 2: It's better to just be like a Honestly, it'll force the person to really have to explain ah or say nothing, right, not that. But yeah, again, so he's saying belling Cat, which does you know real investigative journalism, they're saying they do psyops and it's bullshit.
Speaker 3: It's bullshit that they're trying to say that this is a white supremacist.
Speaker 6: What is his horse in this race? Aside from being a white supremacist himself, What is it? What is his horse?
Speaker 2: This particular I think probably did not give too much momentum to the not even narrative to the reality of increasing like extremist violence and the like that these people exist and they are they're acting out their ideologies in real physical space violently, because I think I don't know if he's trying to thread this needle he's like saying, like, I don't know if he's like it was a white supremacist reason why he shot those people. It might just be that he was like a white supremacist and shop It's like really not clear. But he's definitely trying to like cape for like white supremacy in this very bizarre way that's not even really clear to even the interviewer, who was.
Speaker 5: Like, okay, right, you know your interviewers like right.
Speaker 1: Right right, right, right right, because you know Hitler was correct about what he said, right right, right right and everything.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's gonna be the clip you're gonna share on social media.
Speaker 1: No way, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: So again, it's a very frustrating interview because he is truly just like lost in the sauce his face when he was like trying to even explain like the logic path of like this Russian account and belling cats. It's like he was trying to like do like a thread on at thread unrolled, Like please, dude, please unroll this Twitter thread in my brain so I can go find like the precise clap back reply that I need in here. And it's a shame that this didn't get like a ton of coverage.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got some coverage, but like I'm talking about, the man that owns fucking Twitter is out here showing you how vile his fucking beliefs are, like in real, like in such.
Speaker 2: A even a way. I don't know why I'm mad. I'm like, it's he's not even doing it elegantly. It's just like it's just like the raw stupidity of it. It just like makes it even more and more frustrating to see. And again it haves to be like right rights, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, how did they not have support for the claim that like they knew he was going to try to debunk rather than just being you know, yeah, yeah, I mean like, I don't even know what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Well, now same to unroll this a little bit because I just don't understand. So was was he even being asked about this? Because this spread on Twitter? Like why is this even something he's talking about?
Speaker 2: He's been like he because he himself has been retweeting other accounts that are.
Speaker 6: Catching God got so he's now like he's now like pot committed to this like situation where he has to defend it, like why are.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, he's like why are you using your platform to like see why are these even people? And then he's like, well, he's like, well, where did there evid it's come from that they were white supremacists.
Speaker 1: The guy who has a sye off company swastika tattoos on his arm. Yeah, literally, I don't know that he may have had his tattoo artists may have had Glackhomas was trying to make a plus sign. I don't know. We just don't help. But like the fact that that the bolts from the bolts his other tattooer ss bolts.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, those are Celtic runs, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, exactly. No, he's a he's a journeyman.
Speaker 2: Electrician and the ib E w a high voltage logo, Like what the fuck up again? And I think the reason why this guy was caught off on CNBC is because they were on Stonks TV.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They weren't on MSNBC.
Speaker 2: He wasn't talking like Ben Collins or something like someone who's like knows, like it's very well versed in all this.
Speaker 6: You know, Ben Collins is a great example of why I think it is overrated to leave twittered indignation, Like he's a great example of.
Speaker 1: Why did he leave?
Speaker 7: No, he's there.
Speaker 6: If he left whatever, see is shit right.
Speaker 11: He's always there to just dunk on people and exactly always like like help people who are not like terminally online like some of us understand like what is actually being spoken about?
Speaker 1: So anyway, again, this interview was basically on c CNBC, so they're like Then he eventually gets to the money part, which is another really interesting moment in this interview. He said the big question. He's like for people who love Stonks like Tesla and stuff, He's like, what the fuck's going on with like Tesla shares and like the way you're running Twitter because the businesses are interconnected, whether you like it or not. And he's like, and if you keep turning Twitter into like an ad repelling website equivalent of like christall knocked, Like what are you going to how are you going to keep people's money moving? Like what do you say to these people who are actually worried about the shit that you post and its effect on the financials of everything?
Speaker 3: This answer is fucking even.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna play the whole thing because it's this is a very like this this man's brain.
Speaker 1: I don't even know I'm.
Speaker 5: Serving me that word salad servant.
Speaker 10: Yeah, god no, I don't want it all, but I'm what I'm trying even came up though in the annual meeting. I mean, you know, do your tweets hurt the company? Are there Tesla owners just saying I don't agree with his political position because and I know it because he shares so much of it. Or are their advertisers on Twitter that Linda Yakarna will come and say you gotta stop man, or you know, I can't get these ads because of some of the things you tweet.
Speaker 1: Pause bus, He's just looking off into the middle distance booting.
Speaker 3: Does he find it that means, you know, I'm reminded of uh.
Speaker 8: Bone Valley seeing the Princess Bride, great movie where he confronts the person who killed his father. Okay, he says, offer me money.
Speaker 5: Literally, it's not what he says.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: See, you just don't care. Offer me money.
Speaker 10: You want to share what you have to say, I'll.
Speaker 8: Say what I want to say. And if if the consequence of that is losing money, so be it.
Speaker 5: Has he ever seen that fucking movie?
Speaker 6: That's literally not He says, my name is in Niggo Montoy.
Speaker 5: I mean, like literally everybody.
Speaker 2: Knows that offer me money. Offer It's like, I don't understand. He's basically replying.
Speaker 1: In like gift form. Gift form, Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like, what do you say about that princess Brian dot gift?
Speaker 1: It took him a while to find it.
Speaker 2: He was God, he racked his brain for the dumbest response.
Speaker 1: I mean, truly, does he have like an early kind of trial version of neuralink going like looked up to Twitter and like that's just how badly it works. And he was just going through verteen seconds to respond.
Speaker 2: That was a thirteen second fucking pause, he took to say, I'm reminded of a scene from Princess Bride.
Speaker 1: What offer me money? Offer me power? I mean that couldn't have been the answer that thes were looking.
Speaker 6: For, how fucking Austin would have been because I'm reminded of a scene from Princess Bride where in rodents of unusual side.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's also just too these people, especially billionaires, right, they're never in environments where people press them or ask follow up questions, so when they are, it's like a disorienting experience for them. The beginning of the first clip where I talked to, where he's talking about bell and cap running belling, cap running syops, when he's like when the the journalists asking very basic questions of his like like Twitter retweets, he's also like almost, I'll just play this other section because it truly shows like he is not used to being held to account for fucking anything.
Speaker 5: I can't get enough of this.
Speaker 10: Keep going there all in Alan Texas. You say something like it might be a bad SYO. I'm not quite sure what she meant.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 8: Oh, in that particular case, Uh, there was a somehow that that's not not not that the that people were killed, but the it was I think incorrectly ascribed.
Speaker 1: Like super killed.
Speaker 2: He he his his body language like you know, I'm not I'm no body language expert, although I do testify at trials as an expert.
Speaker 5: Very scientifically proven to be like legit.
Speaker 1: But it's just interesting how he he like goes he's starting like this, and then he just really does get small.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, right, this thing I did a side, Well, it's what I didn't.
Speaker 1: He like tilts his head to the side like a dog that like you just spoke a full sentence to and the dog doesn't like understand what you're saying. And then another pause, another pause, and.
Speaker 3: Then oh that.
Speaker 6: So when you were first talking about this psych was coming on the show, I didn't know what we were gonna be talking about, and I just quickly googled Elon musk C NBC. All of the top headlines I see are Elon must tells the NBC he's now up to six hours of sleep a night. That was the takeaway from this contract.
Speaker 1: What because the mainstream media worships.
Speaker 5: And they and they're waxy a foreheads just.
Speaker 1: Want them to be Tony Stark, real, real Tony Stark. That's what they are there to, you know, play a role, and a role that the mainstream media isn't interested in is like massive billionaire thought leader who is also a Nazi. Like they erased that part of Henry Ford's story for many years, right, you know.
Speaker 2: And also like that's not a good ad for his mental elasticity for someone who supposedly is such a brilliant I'm like, this guy took thirteen seconds to say this reminds me of the Princess Bride.
Speaker 6: I don't know, and then and then didn't get the right line that everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Offer me the thing I don't. I don't care.
Speaker 5: What I want In Nego Montoya.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there was this character a Negro Toyota and what he said what anyway, So Emerald boy is back at it. But yeah, shout out to everybody who was focused on the six hours of Sleep Park.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he needs more apparently, because he's there's a lot of a lot of years spinning without any anything coming out. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, Barbie, Chris, do you hear that Holy.
Speaker 3: Shit, I've been waiting for this movie finally about Robbie. Looks just like Barbie, so it's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: It's exactly like Barbie.
Speaker 2: I just want to bring this up because I myself was always like, is the Barbie Girls song gonna ever? Buy Aqua ever gonna be in like the Barbie movie? That just feels as a millennium like it has to be. There's only one Barbie song. The new trailer just came out. I've heard you do the screaming about that. Oh, I know you want to stop talking about it. Remember we had to shelf a whole episode when You're on I remember because it's all I was talking about, Like we started over because in report it was like, please stop talking about fucking.
Speaker 1: Barbie, and I'm like, I'm sorry, I'm so upset.
Speaker 2: But this new this new fucking trailer actually uses the track from Aqua in the last couple of seconds, but it kind of feels like this sonic the Hedgehog moment, where like all of the Internet was like, where the fuck is Barbie Girl by Aqua in your marketing?
Speaker 3: This is bullshit?
Speaker 2: And then suddenly you know the studio is just kind of like, all right, fine fucking at it in case the fans just completely lose it on us, like to the point where like one fan just like re edited the like the previous trailer to include the song, and it was actually.
Speaker 1: Like way better it like it all worked together. But it was previously reported that the movie would in no uncertain terms, they would not be using the song, and Leani Neistrom of the band speculated that it might have to It might have been because it was too on the nose for the film, although I feel like everything about this film has been pretty on the nose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take the layup. But the whole other thing is that apparent where they tracked down Leani Neistrom, you know for comment, I mean, who's still living on the side of the volcano, probably right next to Leanie Bloomingdale's. We caught up with Leani. We caught up with her on Sumatra, on the side of her in her treehouse on the side of the volcano.
Speaker 2: But the other reason might be because back in the nineties, Mattel, the makers of Barbie, they sued Aqua over the song, but they lost the case. So in nineteen ninety seven, Mattel took Aqua's record label MCA at the time shout out When MCA was a Thing to court, alleging that the song made quote unauthorized use of the unauthorized use of the toy manufacturer's Barbie doll trademarks and likeness, and argued that the band the brand was tarnished by lyrics that quote associates sexual and other unsavory themes with Mattel's Barbie products, because you know, there was stuff like kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky, you can touch, you can play, I'm always yours, make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please. I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees. You know all that The band was saying that, like it was actually about plastic surgeries, and some parts were intended as sexual. But after the lawsuit, their lords.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up. Shut the fuck up, don't talk about that. Don't say anything about the sexual shit, because that's they're suing you about. What the fuck was that? Oh shit, my own fucking serie just went off.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So then MCA, where can I find a doll with conservative, fine family values?
Speaker 1: And then so there was a countersuit filed by MCA records, and they said because they said that there, they called their quote alleged trademark violation.
Speaker 2: A crime, and they're like, that's bullshit. Things got so fucking heated with these two lawsuits that the judge literally had to say, this is a quote from the court documents, quote the parties are advised to chill. The judge said, chill the fuck out to both fucking parties. Just love that. That's where the judges gotta chill out. The parties are advised to chill. Nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before nine to eleven, people were in a better mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you ain't hearing that in post eleven.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean that people talking about chill, like the chill man, you're advised to chill.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have not heard that word one since two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: It's completely absent from the side.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I guess, I guess September tenth, two thousand and one, the last day of chill.
Speaker 3: Well, no, like, you know, like back then, it was like this is as bad as it's gonna get. This is the future, looks just like it's nothing but Barbie lawsuits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was at the time.
Speaker 2: I remember I was in law school studying Barbie Law. Everything felt like it was going in the right direction. Then nine to eleven happened. But both suits were eventually thrown out, and Mattel was like, you know, Mattel said they were disappointed, and MCA was like.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a victory for free speech. The band was just like, this is great publicity.
Speaker 2: But it's just funny that, like, like why they wouldn't include the song because when they're saying like, oh, we don't like the sexual undertones.
Speaker 1: Like because if you've seen the trailer for the film, like there's a whole scene where Ken keep talking about beaching guys off and he's like, anyone wants to beat him off has to beat me off first, And You're like, I mean, look, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I keep singing this episode. It's so annoying. You can cut it all out. I keep going, I'd never do that usually. Have you been doing that? I haven't even noticed. Good, good, but I've been doing a bunch. Yeah, I don't know. But anyway, credit Gerwig, Uh huh, what what is this gonna be? What have you? Has anyone ever seen Greta Gerwig's other movies. What's gonna happen Like I Barby's gonna go Indie.
Speaker 1: Rock, Barbie actually has an existential crisis.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a Shin song playing during that, so upside cut my thumb song new slang, you're gonna play that, And Barbie's gonna find out she shouldn't live in her dream house and she should be like a volunteer or something. That's gonna be some bullshit. Man, this is bullshit. And also I'm tired of people being cast in movies that look like the people. Why don't we do some casting that's interesting.
Speaker 1: So who you should have been? Ken?
Speaker 3: Just anybody? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like the idea.
Speaker 3: Samuel Jackson, Samuel Jackson as Barbie, sign me up. I mean, for real, let's do something interesting, like get somebody who looks like Barbie.
Speaker 1: Wait, like Chris, this is your campaign. Sam Jackson should be Barbie.
Speaker 3: Everybody. Sam Jackson should be Amelia Earhart. Sam Jackson should be everybody, and everybody should do different crazy you know, do crazy casting. It's it's the end of the world. Let's do some interesting shit, Like we'll get greta girl, We'll get Greta Giry, Oh, Greta Gerwig, thinking outside the box, decides to get Bargo Robbie because she looks like Barbie and she talks like Barbie. It's the worst idea already. I don't want to see it. And then I know what she's gonna do, because if he saw what was the name of that verson No, No ne Nett or something, the one who was like her other one about the lady had a nervous breakdown and ended up being a ballet instructor.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: What that movie that she did called. I know it's called Liquors Pizza, the Tangerine Monkey. I hate that movie so uh No. The movie that she did last time about the woman had a nervous breakdown, it's called like on the Edge or like Greta Gerwig goes crazy. What's it called? The last one she did? The last one she did was hm as a writer about that herself? She played herself? Or was it no Bombacks? Was that no Bombacks mo movie? I don't know, dude. The movie that about the woman, it's called like Parakeet Williams or something. It's like it's it's her. She plays a white lady whos a nervous breakdown and is saved by like shecomes a ballet dancer or something. It doesn't matter. It's gonna be like it's gonna be like Amiie all the movies I've seen by Greta Gerwig or some variation on OMII, which is where some like weird girls like accidentally stumbles into a twee existence. And that's's gonna happen to Barbie. She's ended up working at a record store, and there's gonna play that shin song.
Speaker 1: All right. I love that.
Speaker 2: We also trying to tell by the way it has been pre say by none other than Chris Crofton you have heard it here first, folks. Chris, thank you so much for joining us on the Daily Zeitgeist today.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate it. You have careful.
Speaker 3: I had to exit on that absurd me trying to remember the name of that movie.
Speaker 1: But okay, Parat Williams sounds Look.
Speaker 2: I I'm a notoriously behind on movies, but I love Peakeete Williams.
Speaker 1: Oh, Francis ha is what that's it?
Speaker 3: Williams? It's about as from that was so long ago.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, what if hey shut up Parakeet Williams though that's oh my god, I just love it. Please, someone, please, someone, prompt.
Speaker 2: Chat GPT to write the script for Parakeete Williams whatever that whatever that film is.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it. For this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like, the show means the world to Miles. He needs your validation. Folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to you Monday. Bye.