Speaker 1: Somebody I read. I read a little bit about it. Uh, And Adrian Peterson said, you know, we've been friends. It's kind of like brothers.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Hey, it happen. It is what it is. And we moved on. We're cool now. Oh no, we're not cool. You know your brother ain't fighting like that? And and no, no, no, guess what. We can't be cool like that? You swing swinging on me like that, you hear me? Yeah, I got I gotta get back. Some somebody was up in there cheating. Somebody be mad to be sitting on.
Speaker 2: Some cards or something. They playing poker, right, oh yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And for somebody to be for you to go at your man's like that, yeah, yeah, I don't call that note somebody somebody that lost a couple of hands, somebody that lost their ass.
Speaker 2: Joe, there we go, There we go. There you going? You get you fired up?
Speaker 1: Hey, you catch a bad beat, Joko, best abody to get to hit that turn on the hit that thing on the river, the whole fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm telling you man. Uh, I used to uh every every year, I used to uh bring my family here to Atlanta and uh sheet about fifteen to twenty of us in here and we and we played poker. We played spade Domino and I beat Dang. I'm talking about my mama. My mama got four brothers. She's the only girl. She was the only girl. Man, it was a fight every year. I ain't gonna even lie to you. My offs a fight. Yeah, they fight. Yeah, they was gonna fight. Oh, some cheating boy, I'm talking about. We be sitting there, we playing poker, spade. It's so, it's gonna be something. But it's gonna be some some some real tough talking. And that's gonna lead to a little Tulsa.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my grandma had to come down here and get on the man. What Yeah, yeah, hey, hey beat me, don't cheat me. Hey that she ain't man, look at babe. That's what I tell people all the time. People think it's a joke. I say, Man, money out of side the cause a fight. Man, I'm telling you it don't gotta be no. And they and you're like, man, bro y'all fighting over two dollars.
Speaker 2: It ain't. It ain't. It's the principle of the matter. You gotta understand, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for them two dollars, five dollars that's hard earned money.
Speaker 2: And yeah, somebody will knock your block off for two dollars.
Speaker 1: Man, listen, I had to stop a fight over here in my house over twenty dollars. Man. Man about to pull a gun out. Yeah, I can't make it up over twenty dollars. He thought of man and cheated him over twenty dollars. Man, he ready, he ready to pull that thing on it. Man, can't cut the down. You got that, you got that strap on.
Speaker 2: You got to a lead at the truck, got the first cause cause sometimes.
Speaker 1: Joe, you get so mad. You will react so quick and you beat up pop somebody.
Speaker 2: You're like, can't take it back. You can't take it back. Nah, Bro, it's around. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But in college, man cheat all bad. They used to cheat. Your cheating you renig You said, bro, his cars sit down, who cares? Ain't no money, it's take you just man, Look.
Speaker 2: It's something. It's something about us bad. And don't get the drinking.
Speaker 1: You know, anytime alcohol and Bob Joe, it's gonna be a lot of tough talking that's gonna lead to something.
Speaker 2: That's what they what well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right then alcohol bring all that tough talking out. So look, yeah, and then next thing, you know, it's a big fight. So I am yeah, you're right, you put you put that alcohol mixed in.
Speaker 2: With that gambling. Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's why I hate bad. I hate it when the weekend come. When I'm in college. Hey, look what I was one thing if you had to go to you know, somebody gotta you know, have a keg party. It's one thing to go get them and they fight somebody else. But you know what, it's your teammates. And you know how much testosterone guys got, and guys don't want to let ish go because.
Speaker 2: You know whoever lose.
Speaker 1: Oh oh well he come to stretch it and I will get and I'm in the line, and you come out there with your eye cold. Oh oh we got go here, Oh going into the cafeteria.
Speaker 2: Oh man, hey, bus right, oh boy, we're not letting that go. Hey.
Speaker 1: But it's and look, I hung out with football players when I was in college, so I know.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, you don't take much for y'all. Get you already much at all? You go to one of them cute doll parties and one of them capital parties. Man, listen, you already know what I.
Speaker 2: Said, Bro, Bro, why y'all go? And that's what you know? You guys.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to invite the football players because if it's they got to keg, the football players gonna take it. What you're gonna do? What I mean, what you're gonna do? They come back? We hey, we got no money, so this figure. I know they got a keg. Man, we took it out such as I said, Oh lord, we have to do bad.
Speaker 2: We had to do. I ain't gonna call his man. I feel so bad for him.
Speaker 1: They stole a keg, but they didn't have the spout to pump it up to a stick that, you know, to stick it down in there and for it to come out. He looked around, he went to his car. He got a tire. He said, Man, I'm gonna bust it over and we take the cans up out of it. They say, fool, if you hit that with that tire, that thing gonna explode and kill all of us. He actually thought chnds were inside of it. Man, I said, Bro, I mean, but Joe I hated like because when them Joe was like, you know, we called ourselves.
Speaker 2: We caught ourselves tie fi mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So if anybody came back, hey, te fade te five about the squabble, don't even battle, put your stuff on.
Speaker 2: Hit the duck boy.
Speaker 1: We because we could shut down anything, any party and whoever didn't matter. But I was like, bro, come on, whye, bro, I see I'm see everybody knew who I was. I said, y'all, get to go ride through the city. IP all out of the city, IP all over them, walk it.
Speaker 2: Ok. You know what I'm saying. No, hop all over the SOPs. Stop rolling. I think they know me.
Speaker 1: I got a z I got a white Mercedes, I said, bro, y'all putting me in this bro y'all, Well, y'all, don't go nowhere.
Speaker 2: I'm out in the bout. Y'all.
Speaker 1: They catch me slipping, be hell out of me for some full job, y'all did. Come on, fellas, hey, Hey, then let me tell you something. The football guys always always was fighting. They were That's why they couldn't see anything because they were drinking that cheap liquor.
Speaker 2: They were drinking that ever clean They get on that hunch punch man.
Speaker 1: Listen, Yeah, they go to the store, so they come back. They got two bunches of bananas, they got grapes, they got strawberries, they got oranges. So I'm like, hoop, I'm like, what the hell y'all buy that? Now they got this big old tug. They mix all them liquors together. Heya, talk about boys, You talk about something good, man, They be drawing that ever Elverclub hundred eighty hundred and ninety proof Joe. You go by the room them, they're stand out the wind. You get it, Straumaki dude can't wait for somebody to say something to it so they could pop off.
Speaker 2: I already know.
Speaker 1: If I see them lead leave the dorm at ten thirty eleven with their shirt off, it's all yeah, I put my stuff, I put my clothes back on because I know I got to go get somebody who leaves the dorm ten thirty eleven o'clock with their shirt off.
Speaker 2: They already sweat. You already know it. You know what it is they looking for that action they do.
Speaker 1: Bro say, come on, man, damn ken, you can one weekend y'all just go to the party and just have a good time.
Speaker 2: Just be normal.
Speaker 1: Now they ain't happening, not when you mix the alcohol and now you put the alcohol in against this that that's called that liquid curage.
Speaker 2: You already know.
Speaker 1: We the first the first person say something to me is all cheat off. Yeah, I said, Lord, have merch. They just trying to talk to somebody.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: Bro, you know she got a man you first of all the campus only so big. You stim walking, he holds her hand y'all her books. You see um eating together in the cafeteria and all of a sudden at a party because you don't see him, you fit. That's made Look look look, look, that's that's mainly how it pop off. This.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm dealing with a female cause.
Speaker 1: Look and Fairville, we had this little spot on the campus called Little Africa.
Speaker 2: That's why all the black all the black people hung out there.
Speaker 1: With the name of Little Africa. I'm kind of feeling it's a bunch of us. Bill, you're a misclass. You're a misclass hanging on a little Africa.
Speaker 2: Used to be jumper. It used to be jumper.
Speaker 1: But man, listen, you'll see girls who you ain't who you who? You really don't never see it, you know what I mean? And yeah, they got a boyfriend. Maybe they ain't told you, but you stayed there on the road steady trying to come to her and word get back now. Next thing, you know, once you see him at a party, you already know what this is about. Yeah, and bro, if you see the girl standing and she talking with somebody, how you gonna go, Okay, this the female, this the guy and they talking, how you gonna go squeeze in there and you talking to her?
Speaker 2: You got your back to here? What do you? Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey, that's the alcohol that man sean bad ad dude swung on me. Bro, So what did you expect him to do? You walk in and do you see them talking? You know that's his girl, and you gonna go turn your back on him and talk?
Speaker 2: Hey? Hey, look blood you know you know y'all be rude football player?
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, Joe, I mean I look, I went to one party in four years. I was in my room. I just already know when they sharp sharp such and such, because look a lot of them was cute dolls.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Oh but here's the thing, No, Joe, who you look.
Speaker 1: If you're in the fraternity and T five the football team, you better choose wisely.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: You, oh you oh, being your friend. I ain't got no problem with that. That's my that's my brothers. You choose the Kaffa, you with the Alphas, you the Sigma. I don't care, but you best believe it. Now you there, and once we know you there, we're gonna tell your ass up to Hey, don't.
Speaker 2: And too many of y'all. It's too many of y'all. Hey, it could be it could be fifteen of them. We ain't even about five or six. Man, We ain't even about five or six.
Speaker 1: Joe, I've always divorced a reason. I'm always come on guy, Bro, Look, man, hey, you know them broke my band. He ain't know it was dark, he ain't know that was your girl, my band. I'm lying my ass off he been talking about. Man, the whole girl been hollering. Look, Mercy, you know what I'm saying. I Joe, y'all say, Hey, the old girl bad. I said, Bro, you know she got a girl, I mean a boy. Man ain't got nothing to do with me, right, but it, dude, why you still trying to talk man? Man trying to hear that you feel like this is chad and dead boy, like you said, Joe them Joe will start that thing. Don't let us get work study. Oh we get that work study check on Friday. Couldn't up God damn. Hey, look I hung out with something of the man. I don't. I knew right away. I said, oh, yeah, yeah, I can't hang out with y'all too. No, boy, look, no, I'm way too chilled for that. When you when you, when you, when you, you got people that's looking for stuff. Stuff, they're gonna looking. They are looking to have a good time. They looking to some issu up man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's how I go.
Speaker 1: Hey, boy, in college or something else, it's on the best years of my life. But boy, listen, you learned a lot of lessons in college. You learned a lot of lessons in college.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I was like, nah, I'm good, bro, I'm good with y'all.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't hang out with y'all. I come get y'all and get y'all ass back to the door. But probably just hanging out with y'all and doing stuff because I already know y'all gonna be on some bull jib And then ain't nobody everybody know who I am? That Stirling sharp little brother man, that's she on the sharp Shella Sharp wasn'n't no fight. She shark came to get them in from fighting. But your name is gonna be in the mix. Be he bit my name first shot him. Wasn't even been to fight, shouting, showed up late to get him.
Speaker 2: Man, Joe.
Speaker 1: We had to used to have a thing, uh the freshman. So it was the freshman against the upper classmen. So like we would, we would jump on like we catch a senior, like we catch a senior or junior by themselves.
Speaker 2: Man, we beat them jos down.
Speaker 1: So so you know the man because we used to call it, we call it roofing. Yeah, we're gonna bring the house down on you. So we called it called out. We called about six of them, about six of them seniors. It was about fifteen freshmen.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We beat them down. You know, we dumped them, you know, get a oh hey, hey oh. We came into him down you know we you know, we ain't hit him in the face, but we to the body slammed the ass man. We had one guy named Leo. Leo was a freshman, but Leo was like twenty six years old. So we strategize it, Okay, what we're gonna do. Hey, we can'tch such and such by themselves. We're gonna roof and so. Leo older than everybody, but here a freshman. So we asked Leo, Leo, who you with? Leo say, I'm by myself, I said Leo. I said, Leo, you can't be by yourself. You got to be with somebody. Leo say no, I don't. Ain't none of them in gonna bother me. I promise you, I said, Leo, Just team up. Say no, I don't play like that, cause when I can put these things on somebody, I'm gonna really put.
Speaker 2: Them on the main ones. Hey, ain't nobody bothered Leo. No, nobody. Man. We had a dude.
Speaker 1: We had a dude, man, Joe, dude with six and I'm talking about Chipsel.
Speaker 2: When he cut I mean he was walked sixty.
Speaker 1: Three bout two forty five, two point fifty, cut out of granted, cut out of Grantit didn't nobody play with him. No man was in the hall. He was in the hallway. He had his shirt off. He wanted to put his fingers in his faith. The old boy face, you soft, and you ain't gonna do nothing. I'm gonna turn my back on you. I'm gonna show everybody in this hallway that you ain't about this life. Nah, And I wish somebody was gonna touch me. I promise you. I told y'all he been selling the wolf tickets and I ain't buying not one of them. Man, Joe, you're right, that was some of the best times in college. But Savannah State, Joe, you had to be real careful because guys to just shoot down the hallway, and so we had those steel doors. All of a sudden, you are fire the bullets, Brookie, shed off the steel doors. What you mean bullets?
Speaker 2: How that dude to shoot down the hall man?
Speaker 1: No, Mom, get mom, Man, what type of game these dude playing it?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I'm telling it the different level down there, Joe. A guy get mad like you be on the phone because we had community phones. Nobody had a phone.
Speaker 2: In that room.
Speaker 1: They had when we had the long haul and the short haul. So you have a phone on the short haul. You have a phone in the long haul.
Speaker 2: So you don't god be trying to talk to their their girlfriend or their mom or something.
Speaker 1: Grandma be loud. Hey, man, clothing, you don't turn you down clothed you.
Speaker 2: I'm talking. I only got a.
Speaker 1: Couple on more minute after you. Yeah, So guess what, dude, get off the phone. Snatch the phone off the wall. Now we ain't got no Now we ain't got no phone with Joe. He'll just snatched that one off. He goes snatch the other one off. So both phones down. So now I can't nobody get no calls. Oh man, we had uh, we had phones in our dorm room.
Speaker 2: So it was.
Speaker 1: But boy, it looked like y'all were that might have been borderline little prison y'all.
Speaker 2: Joe, and don't try to wash your clothes.
Speaker 1: Hey, wash your clothes and man and tell somebody put your eyes on, shirt on.
Speaker 2: Heyme, man, it's about my ears. Man, God damn. Hey, hey, when you want you know that ished me?
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, when you wash your clothes, you gotta sit down there and wait for you gotta sit down and wash it, and you gotta wash it the whole time, basically because you come down and left somebody been and take your stuff out of there and put theirs in and their absolute Now you don't see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Boy, they were Hey, they was off the chain back of the day.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Now, I think it's a lot more chill now. But when I got in Savattle State, boy, we had some knuckleheads.
Speaker 2: Man. We had the.
Speaker 1: Yeah they see, we had them athletic doing. So it was all athletes. So you know we got you got two three washing machines and drives. Somebody washing at all times. So if you're there whole hours a day. Yeah, so yeah, I'm talking about two in the one, it's gonna be somebody after watching clothes. Yeah, if you ain't washing it, if you ain't got nothing washing your clothes, or they gonna be sitting on the floor somewhere at Joe And the thing was think about it. So we had all the football players, all the basketball players and a few baseball players or Peacock Hall was was the athletes doing, yeah, bro.
Speaker 2: So basically we had three floors.
Speaker 1: You got a Washington dry, two washers, two drives per floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wish you would take your eyes off there. I was like, man.
Speaker 1: And then my brother, my brother, so I had gone to University of South Carolina where they got phones in their room. They got like seven eight washes and drives and stuff. My brother, look the mey said man, do y'all live like this? Like yeah, but we be clean going to class, Joe, they going to class in sweatsuits. Man, we got stars jeans, we got os zide, we got you know, we got a polo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, we got dog size.
Speaker 1: I mean we dressed to the nine my brother, y'all go to class like I said, every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we had dudes go to class every day with they shirt tucked.
Speaker 1: Then oh yeah like yeah yeah. S Dor Sanders has picked up a pair of speeding tickets this month. Video of the second incident had emerged. The officer said that the ticket Door was given that he had speed in excess of one hundred miles per hour when he was going forty one miles over the speed limit. This has much been discussed on whether it's fair to criticize your door for speeding when no other rookie traffic citations are being published.
Speaker 2: Look, it's hard for me to be because Joe I got stopped. I wasn't. I wasn't I was a rookie.
Speaker 1: I think I was like in my third year, I got stopped going one hundred and eight in the sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got stopped at ninety two.
Speaker 1: So I got two tickets in the battle ten minutes, so speeding, I get it. You know, young guy, he probably I don't know what what kind of car. He had a color Nimo truck. So you know, man, something about speedy and young people. You know, you got a heavy if you gotta left foot that you know, I got a left foot. Uh. Look, I was playing here in Atlanta and them chopped them. Them challenges had just came out. Yeah, and I had one. Jeff t had one, Josh Smith had one. So we get back. We get back to Atlanta one night off the road, about two in the morning, we're on two eighty five. Tan have rolled up. We're on two eighty five. Ten All up, Man, I'm the only one to get pulled over. Did you how fast were you going?
Speaker 2: We all was over one hundred. You know, I think of Georgia.
Speaker 1: If you go over one hundred or thirty thirty miles over the speed limit, they normally take your ass to jail. Yeah, but look, you know I had a I had a black police officer pulled me over, and you know, he knew who I was. He gave me some grace, he gave Okay, I was very respectful now they kept on going, so they you know, they got away. He got behind me, pulled them, My said Dan, I went on and pulled over to look. One thing we ain't gonna do. Had on hot speed out and he hard down. He'll die. It's late at night and that it's already. I mean, the faster you go, it looks like I mean, you know, I driven so fast. I mean the checks looked like a single line. I mean, you passing everything so quick. It was two in the morning. It wasn't no, it wasn't nobody on the free I'm talking about we were. I'm talking about hotailing down through that yu. Yeah, yeah, so I know, I know, uh, you know, being young, you have a lot of money in fast cause you're gonna test it out from time to time.
Speaker 2: But you got to realize, your dear Sanders, yep, you know what comes with that last name. You know who your father is.
Speaker 1: So the things that you do will probably get criticized, scrutinized a little bit more than another.
Speaker 2: Twenty one, twenty three year old would.
Speaker 1: And his last name isn't Sanders, his last name isn't his father isn't Coach Prime. You know, Okay, okay. Not now you got two in a month, you should be good. You gotta you gotta chang. You gotta change that. Now, you gotta change that. Uh.
Speaker 2: Once I got those tickets, you know.
Speaker 1: It changed because I think the thing was my brother said that, Bro, look, I understand, you know you're young at X, Y and Z. I say, But he's like, Bro, if that tire blows, it's over, I say, And and what granted? You know you basically you know you just killed your granted. Yeah, So I took that, and so you know I had to slow it down.
Speaker 2: I had it down.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got I got two tickets in the one at one hundred and eight and another ninety two in a span of ten minutes. I'm like, okay, because you don't think about the worst that could possibly happen, not at that time, Not at that time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You you flowing that thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know I don't been there, man, I don't been there, but you're right to boy, tie blowout. Something happened, and that's normally, you know, you see, guys have these tragic accidents to where you know, you end up hitting somebody and it's a fatal car accident.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing you do not want. No, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's why I started thinking, Joe, I wouldn't want someone to give my grandmother, my mother, my mother that news. I damn sure don't want to be the reason somebody else got to give somebody else mom or grandmother that news, or a husband or wife or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: I didn't want that on my conscience. No.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, and if you get a you become a lot wiser, because boyler, you do. You can't pay me to do that. Now, you're right. The internet did what the internet does and found that. In twelve thirty oh seving Lebron James, twenty three was cited for going one hundred and one by law enforcement. Shadors Sanders, age twenty three was cited going one hundred and one by law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Look like you do, it is destined to become the goat. The greatness is of fun it man got for the ind of that. Boy, y'all did hey man come up with it day and make it sound good? One it up? But like he's destined for greatness. Baby, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they weren't an Internet ride without the college and all the reckless stuff and the foolish just come.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You like you said, Joe, you don't think anything can happen to you. You think you would be And that's a part of it, because a lot of us is that we were athletes, and that's what makes us who we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the belief that we can do things that other people can't.
Speaker 1: The belief that what happens to someone that's not an athlete or a normal civilia that can't possibly happen to us.
Speaker 2: We're invincible.
Speaker 1: Man, listen off. When I was in college, I had got pulled over. I got a ticket and just irresponsible, didn't tell my mama. Then just threw that thing in the gloves apartment and they said he you know, I got a court dated out of minds and you.
Speaker 2: Know what's next, or they get a bitch war for you, They come to get you. Failed to a pier. I get pulled over again. Uh, straight to the jail, you go with.
Speaker 1: Look, look I give him my I give him my driver's license and uh he go back to the car. He run on like damn was taking this man so long? He comes back out he got his handcuffs out. I'm like, damn, he only got his handcuffs out for it, he said, Missus Johnson, you know you gotta failure to a pier man.
Speaker 2: Put me in cubs, took me downtown. Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, took me downtown. I had to call a couple of my teammates. They had to piece up. I think it was like, I think it's like like two dollars to get me out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, you got to be responsible.
Speaker 2: I know I'm betting. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, or to thank each and every one of you that's tuned in tonight that supported us from day one. We can't thank you enough because all the awards that you see behind us is because of you. All the things that we've been able to accomplish thus far, it is because of you and because.
Speaker 2: Of your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth.
Speaker 1: We can't do it without you, So thank you very much for your support and you'll continue support. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it in a city or a state near you, order it.
Speaker 2: We have it.
Speaker 1: Guess what We're coming to a city or state near you. But please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing Company eighty four with four being spelled out. That link is in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone. So please grab yours watch supplies last, guys, We're off tomorrow. We're back on Saturday. Ocho will be back in the chair along with Ricky Williams and Jim Jones. So Ohoe is back on Saturday. Ricky Williams and Jim Jones stop by, So and O. Choe will be live after game seven on Sunday. So No Joe will be back live with us on seven after Sunday. So it be oh Joe, Joe and I live after the game Game seven, We're gonna have a winner. We're gonna cry on a new NBA chair Sunday. It Will it be the Pacers? Will it be? Okay?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for joining us. Appreciate that. Joe, We'll see you on Saturday. Where is he fine volume