Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's just you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, we'll get into our guest interview after these words. Hi Son, how you doing, buddy?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: God? I have a drink.
Speaker 2: It's only why I wish it was something else.
Speaker 1: Suzanne is here, so tell us a little bit about yourself. Jason, you're a super fan of the show. How did you first experience the show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I caught the gilmour itis when I met my wife. We were fifteen years old when we met, which is crazy. He goes really really far back. She is the super fan in this household, the true super I am a super fan by affiliation. But yeah, so she she introduced me back to the show back when you're fifteen years old. It was something that was a staple in her household between her and her father. She had lost her mom at a young age, so kind of being able to watch that show where there was this mother figure that was figuring it out really was something that really appealed to her. So that was kind of my initiation, I think into their little family, you know, tradition, and it was something that kind of stuck throughout the duration of our relationship, honestly, and it's just kind of carried through. We've been together for over fifteen years now. So something that I was trying to do the math this morning, like how many times do you think we've actually watched this through? And it has to be at least twenty five to thirty, Like it just happened.
Speaker 4: So were you aware of the show before you watched it the first time?
Speaker 2: No, literally never heard of it. It was just something that like had never kind of come across I guess, you know, just my life. It's something that we never kind of, you know, never watched in my household. I grew up in a very big household here in New Jersey, big multi generational Italian family household where I lived with.
Speaker 1: We're in Jersey Toms River, Okay, Yeah, I'm from Haddenfield, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very familiar. You still live down in Hamilton for a little while, so closer to having to build the Yeah, it's a really nice area and you're a Philly and everything. Very familiar. But yeah, multi generational family. We had one TV in the house, so it was like we weren't walking girls. We just weren't Yeah, it was whatever whatever, most people could kind of get behind. So for me, like when I watched it for the first time, I was like, this is actually pretty good. Like I would have thought to watch this and if I put it on in my house, I probably would have been shunned.
Speaker 4: So Gilmore Girls is typically like the target audiences women and you know and girls and their their daughter's multi generational. What what do you think are the masculine qualities of the show, Like what attract men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really good question. I think. I think being able to kind of see the different relationships and dynamics between the men and the women on the show is very appealing. It's something that I feel like I've leaned a lot from a lot of the different character dynamics on the show, whether it be you know, Luke and Laura Wi or Emily and Richard, and kind of having an understanding of the way different relationships work. I think for me that's certainly appeal. I think another large appeal is just the comedy of all of it. I think for men, you know, we get a lot out of kind of those comedic moments in whatever television series are watching. And for me, I just feel like Gilmore Girls is just kind of shock filled with them and a lot of like these really cool like cultural references and things that sometimes like hold on, like put my phone, try and figure out what the hell they've been talking about.
Speaker 1: And there's the right it's all the jokes, and it's all the pop culture references. I think that's the special sauce right there, the humor. Yeah, and and the and the pop culture references. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we know that you have a tattoo that says all in and I guess you both you and your wife have them, right? Yeah? Have you always been.
Speaker 2: Our heads?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Look at that?
Speaker 4: That's cool. Have you always been team Luke since you've the first time you watched it or was.
Speaker 2: It like that thing where it's like you just kind of wanted to shake lower line and be like, what aren't you seeing? Like, certainly have always been team Luke? I think, you know, I can't. I really can't picture her with any other of her love interests, like long term throughout the show besides Luke. Like I think about Max. I think about Chris, and we all know nobody nobody likes Chris, but like, yeah, I think about Max. I think about Jason styles, and I'm like, it just never was meant to be. And I think kind of you know, Luke and Moreli, they have that kind of fate, you know, Starcross lovers, Robbie and Juliette ish kind of thing that I think just works for them. And definitely Luke since betting. Not just saying that because you're here, Scott.
Speaker 1: No, no, I I no, I agree. I agree actually in a student observation for sure. What's your favorite season?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, definitely not seasons?
Speaker 1: Did you did you hate the Paris episode when he married they got married?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I actually rewatched it today, so I was like, maybe they'll ask me about the French twist episode.
Speaker 1: So tell us what you think about that, because we just we just recapped it.
Speaker 2: We just I just I think like we can definitely see a noticeable shift with season seven, right, we know the whole backstory with that Amy and Dan. I'm preaching to the choir here, but but I think just I felt like it would have never went there if Amy and Dan were the ones writing it. So it didn't feel like organic to me. It felt like, Okay, how many things can we mesh into this final season? Try and wrap it up. But I think specifically focusing on like Christopher and Moorelai, it just I think us as an audience knew they were never meant to be. So I think the fact that the show went there was kind of like why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What is the reason for this? Is it so that like when if Her and Luke cavareinian down the line, it feels much more like, my god, this big like aha moment. You know. I just feel like the entire episode wasn't good, you know, Like for me, I just I didn't want to see the show go there. I didn't want to see their paths go there. But obviously I know that's the direction of the show went, but yeah, it's just it, It wasn't it for me.
Speaker 4: What do you think about Luke's storyline in season seven?
Speaker 2: How far can we go here? I it's challenging for me. I think there's I I understand where he's coming from with wanting to deepen that relationship with April and wanting to kind of like compartmentalize that as much as he can between his relationship with Lauraai and his relationship with his daughter. And I certainly understand that but I I think it's it's hard for me for like for someone like look to be like, hey, I'm I'm all in with you, right, Like I am all in except for this one part of my life you're not allowing right. Like for me, it's like, how that that's not healthy If that's someone that you are serious about pursuing a marriage with, building a family with, you know, they've been kind of on this path to build this life together for so long. So for me it was really challenging. As much as I'm team Luke, I almost wanted to shake him a little bit and be like, what are you? What are you doing? You need to bring Lauraai into this, Like you've been a part of Rory's life for so much, even if you weren't her actual father figure, you acted as a father figure for her for so long, and Lorlai can be that for you. And I think you see it in that episode where they have the sleepover in Luke Steiner and he just you know, there was so much excitement around the fact that like Laura I was able to help there, and it's like, I think this could have been that the entire time if you just kind of brought her into the fold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what kind of feeling does watching Gilmore Girls give you?
Speaker 2: I think for me because it's a big part of my relationship with my wife, it's that it's a homie feeling, and I think, you know, it feels comfortable, and it feels familiar, and I think it's something that you can rewatch again and again and again and again, and like, here's something new every single time you rewatch it, which I think is one of the Like, literally as recently as a few weeks ago, we had just we just it's kind of like it was almost playing on loop in the background of our life. So it's like when one was on and it's literally the first episode of the pilot, and there was a line in there that just like it literally cracked me up. It was like I think her and Ry sitting down at the Wig's Diner and where he's like, well, how many dinners is it going to take for us to get out of this? Or how many dinners is it going to take? And She's like, well, I think the deli spread at my funeral is going to be you know, the last one. Like I was like, one, how did I not ever catch that the first time? But like two, that's absolutely hilarious. So like for me, it's just like it's it's kind of comfortable, but it's also something where like as many times have you seen it, like you still find something new and you find these like really hilarious one liners. I think that's because nature of the show is so fast. I really can't catch it all unless you're watching the subtitles, so it's like, you know, you you kind of learn about these new one liners and kind of jokes throughout. So for me, it's like it's comfortable and it's funny, and it's it's something that is a little bit mindless. Sometimes if you've seen it so many times, it's like, oh, like this is comfortable, this is this is familiar.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite episode? It's it's hard to pick just one, probably.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if it's I don't think it's my favorite because of like, actually I have a favorite scene from an episode, so I think maybe that would make this episode my favorite one. I'm blanking on the name of the episode. But the episode, it's obviously when like Richard is kind of going through his midlife crisis, he grows out the mustache and I will say, Emily's my favorite character in the show, which is probably a shock to some people, but I just think she's absolutely hilarious. But it's a scene where she's like in the department store going on an absolute rampage and I think loyal Wizehnder. She's like, Mom, like that's not for sale, and she's like everything's for sale, and I'm just like, this is so funny, like she So I love that episode. I think it shows like kind of that crazy side of Emily that we see a lot, but it was it was it was just so funny to me. I know it was a hard moment for her kind of like as a person, but it was just it was just so funny to me, the way that that episode was kind of put together.
Speaker 4: What do you what do you think of the way dads are portrayed in the show, between like Richard and Christopher.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: I think they do a good job of showing a variety of different father figures. That's you know, very relevant for me right now. I have a two year old daughter and we just had another son last week. He's one week old. Thank you, so you know, for me, and not to get you know, sentimental, but I lost my father at fourteen, So it's kind of something where it's like, it's really neat to be able to see these different types of like father child dynamics, whether that's with a daughter or whether that's with a nephew, right with like Luke and Jess, you know, so I think they do a good job of showing the variety and showing that, you know, what support can look like in different ways. You know, whether it's Richard giving you know, lor Lie seventy five thousand dollars, or you know, whether it's you know, Luke and Jess really having those kind of obviously they're not father and son, but those father in some kind of moments. I think it shows what good sometimes doesn't look like when you have somebody like Christopher and it's like, hey, why did you just kind of of never come around and never make an effort in your daughter's life. So I think it shows a good spectrum of kind of like good fathers look like, but you know, a diverse kind of father looks like. You have funny people like Jackson who are fathers, and you have like these new fathers like Zach who are just trying to figure it out and They're like, what the hell am I doing here? And I'm like, I've certainly been there before, and that makes me feel a little bit more comfortable that, like I'm trying to figure it out as a relatively new dad too. So I think they do a really good job of portraying like different types of father figures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what what's your wife's name?
Speaker 2: Her name's Nina.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi, Nina. Tell her congratulations from us.
Speaker 2: I certainly will. She definitely wanted to come on and say hi. If we have time.
Speaker 1: Permitting, Yeah, bring her on right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me grab her nervous to nervous and she's wrapping her deal More Girls heady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hi bhye how you Joan? Look at that? Nice?
Speaker 2: So nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: Congratulations on the new baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's been a super Canniba show longer than I, Like I said, she introduced me and you know, into all of it, and it's it's been really just like a staple in our relationship. Obviously. As you can tell from the tattoo, she has more Gilmore Girls tattoos. She has an Omnia Paratus, which we know is you know, life and Death Brigade and then she has a dragonfly too, So.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, what is what is your wife's name, Nina? Nina High Hi? So what how did you first discover the show?
Speaker 3: I was? I was so, I was probably in like sixth or seventh grade. Really, my mom and I would watch every week, and then when she passed, my dad.
Speaker 2: Actually started watching with me. So my dad.
Speaker 3: Literally has seen every single episode, and he was in love with Lauren Graham to the point where we would hang up pictures of her around our house see if he would notice, and he would tell.
Speaker 5: People it was a friend. And then when I met him.
Speaker 3: When we were fifteen, he started watching it and it just became special for my whole family. And then my dad recently passed, and now I want to show my daughter when she gets older. She's only two, so.
Speaker 2: We have something. There's a lot of references we don't want to explain yet there.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, but it's just been really special for a long time.
Speaker 1: Are you going to raise your children viewing Gilmore Girls? Do you think as a good influence on.
Speaker 3: Them when she's older teenager?
Speaker 1: So you're not going to let them watch it until they're teenagers?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, probably, like sound like a skip over the season seven where Christopher comes needs to see that negativity.
Speaker 1: How do you like your coffee? Guys? This is called rapid fire. You don't have to answer them rapidly DCAF.
Speaker 2: With Almond Milk.
Speaker 1: Uh. Who would you want as a roommate on from the cast in real life?
Speaker 2: I know your answer? My answers Emily Laura mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Who do you think is a better couple Luke and lareli are Richard and Emily.
Speaker 2: Luke and Laurley Luke and Laura Lai. I think they have that like Star Cross lovers.
Speaker 1: And I asked a couple of questions.
Speaker 4: I don't remember all the rapid fire questions I was asking. I don't have them in front of me, so I them. Okay, go for it. Nina, you asked the rapid fire questions.
Speaker 3: Would you rather go to a D A R Up meeting or a town hall meeting?
Speaker 1: Would you rather go to a DAR meeting with Emily? We already know what you are going to do.
Speaker 2: It was with Emily, yes, But I and also because I've heard the town hall scenes took ten years to film, so absolutely not. Don't know absolutely for me?
Speaker 1: Uh, what's your favorite Friday night dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I like Huban food, so like some sort of like vodka freetha or something like that would be good. I don't think Emily would be called serving that though, so that'd be a hard one.
Speaker 3: And we're all Italian over here, so definitely an Italian dish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Jersey Italian suh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you already know.
Speaker 1: What in your life? Are you two all in on?
Speaker 2: Is this the joint answer or do you want to go first?
Speaker 3: Our new family of four?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: I would say exactly the same thing and just you know, building this life together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful beautiful. All right, you two, what is it? Jason Nina? Yeah, say your last names again. I'm not even gonna attempt it. You go.
Speaker 2: You married into its.
Speaker 1: Kyan Nina and Jason Cayano. Thank you so much for your time. We'll see you down the road. Okay, take care, Thank.
Speaker 5: You, Thank you
Speaker 1: Everybody at Forget, follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.