Speaker 1: It's nine oh gene onegin with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Oh okay nine O two one omg ars. We are back for another episode of your favorite podcast, Lucky You.
Speaker 2: So Lucky yus. Did we like this episode? Guys?
Speaker 3: It was weird?
Speaker 2: Wah. That was how I feeled about, Not like a good weird, like a just weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It had its moments.
Speaker 3: They all have their moments, Yeah we do.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Season five, episode twenty six, A Song for My Mama. No that's not what it's called. A song for your mother. No, that's not what it's called A song for my mother. Aired April fifth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Arm synopsist Donna travels to Portland to visit Ray, and David tags along to visit his mom, but their quick trip to Oregon turns into despair when David discovers the truth about his mom, who has gone missing, and Donna discovers a violent side of Ray. Prue it with one tea. Meanwhile, in La Dylan gets hypnotized and Valerie gets inked.
Speaker 1: Directed by Chip Chalmers The Old Chipster Chip Chippy Chippy and written by Max Eisenberg of our regulars.
Speaker 3: We had three That was what was just so weird.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, Donna, David.
Speaker 3: Dylan, I mean I don't count val Or.
Speaker 2: You don't have to count val Now they're regulars. Now they're not like my.
Speaker 3: Old crew we had three ogs.
Speaker 1: We had a little in that respect. Maybe your old double up theory again.
Speaker 2: Double ups.
Speaker 1: Wait, no one's ever verified. If that's the truth.
Speaker 3: That's the makes sense.
Speaker 2: I don't find it.
Speaker 1: I don't remember it being like that in Double Ups. I remember everybody being just as involved in each episode, but we just had to do twice as much work, like we were going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they did try to minimize the storylines if they could.
Speaker 1: I see, Yes, you're right, I really think so. I don't know. This episode was very you know. I was like, look, who gets to go to Portland?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Not me again?
Speaker 2: Or not me? No?
Speaker 1: Wait, you were in Portland?
Speaker 3: The airport seemed real?
Speaker 2: Nope, where was the airport?
Speaker 1: Laxperbank.
Speaker 2: I didn't go anywhere, you guys. This was not fun.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: I had to put on a coat pretend it was cold. It was right outside our stage.
Speaker 1: I like that coat. By the way, the long coat.
Speaker 3: Are we gonna go through it? Or should I throw my mel flag on the plane? Now?
Speaker 1: Not not yet.
Speaker 2: We have trivia?
Speaker 1: Oh good, well the first one we already answered. This episode only features Dylan, Valerie, Donna, and David. So Amy, you're the big winner. For the first time ever in the series, Jason Priestley does not appear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no twins at all. Weird episode with no twins.
Speaker 1: Well, Walsh's whatsoever?
Speaker 2: It was weird?
Speaker 1: Do you want to give them the next trivia?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sure? It was the first appearance of David's mother, Sheila Silver, played by Caroline Lagerfeldts.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's pretty recognizable even in her like later years.
Speaker 2: Well she was in Gossip Girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah roads, Yeah, yeah, well that's right.
Speaker 1: And also Malibu experienced mudslides in nineteen ninety four, and this is what Dylan and his hypno therapists were talking about. I don't know if you noticed, but that drive up the hill, you saw all the burnout lots, remember, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the mudslides half from made it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the fire.
Speaker 3: That all was boring.
Speaker 1: I was more excited to see the burnout spots in Malibu.
Speaker 2: Like that was not Like who thought that storyline? Was going to be like, ooh, this is a doozy. Nope, well I.
Speaker 1: Think it might get more interesting. We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 3: But because I do remember West, I do.
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember driving up to Malibu when it was when it looked like that? Yeah, our makeup, no, our hairstylist. I shall refrain from using names. But he and his husband bought a burnout lot wow, on that very hill in Malibu for a fraction of the price you could buy it, and they built this beautiful house and they've lived there ever since.
Speaker 3: But didn't it happen again? Not that long ago?
Speaker 1: Right, it's like different areas, seems like every couple of years. Yeah, it's a risky place to live.
Speaker 3: But oh, why don't buy a mansion too, because I'm worrying. That's the only reason I wish you.
Speaker 1: Would buy a Montecito mansion. So we can all come to it. Okay, let's go through it. Okay, we start in the airport in Portland, raised with the flowers raised, They're all so sweet. He comes to meet Donna at the airport and then surprise, surprise, surprise, ex boyfriend is there.
Speaker 2: One for the two for the price a bogo.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a position they are putting Donna in, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean whyse were he so upset about David being there? I don't because i'm ex boyfriend. Well, and I don't remember them being so like they had confrontation.
Speaker 3: They had that confrontation, and he's.
Speaker 1: Pissed off that he was there for the fire. No oops, wrong character. He's pissed off that he was there for the bad guy break in and he wasn't.
Speaker 2: So he's kept going like he was bummed he rescued me from the fire.
Speaker 1: No, no, listen, listen, listen. Okay, that was really exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we go what he should have done. He should have said, David, I haven't seen you in person, thank you for saving my saving.
Speaker 3: He's still mad because of that confrontation over the record.
Speaker 2: Lady, that's what he's mad. Okay about Valerie yet right?
Speaker 1: So rough and rays Oh my god, Valerie's not out of the bag yet. No, the whole Raleigh Valerie right, I called it Rallery.
Speaker 3: Y that's a good name.
Speaker 2: Rallery is going to go down.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The Tattoo Parlor, where, for some reason, Dylan is there with his girlfriend Valerie because she wants to get a tattoo, but he thinks it's a bad idea. I mean, he's not into tattoos, but he is into hypnotherapy.
Speaker 3: It just was like, who cares? And why is he always like her boyfriend? But then he's not her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: It's like very befunny, he says, right, he says the worst things to her ever ever, Like like there's one point in the script where he says where she's saying he does protest too much and or something like that, and Dylan says he does, meaning I don't want you, And then he says, but since you're here, they're.
Speaker 3: Falling, falling out of the bed, all giggly googly. It's just so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's grody, but they're cute together. I decided it's true. I'm into it.
Speaker 2: Glad you came to your senses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, it's because of you. You really really shine a light on that for me and made me look at it in a different perspective.
Speaker 2: So thanks. Always hear it now.
Speaker 1: But Dylan says that he's gonna Yeah, that's where Dylan says he's going to go get the hypnotherapy. Wait, I want to have a question. Yeap, Dylan had Dylan Luke had no tattoos, Dylan had no tattoos? Valerie Tiffany had tattoos?
Speaker 3: Or did you have tattoos? Show?
Speaker 1: Is the is the the daisy that she ends up getting? Is that her real tattoo? I've forgotten?
Speaker 2: I believe it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, it looks familiar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because why would they? Why wouldn't they?
Speaker 2: It was a daisy?
Speaker 1: Yes? AnyWho, we're going to go back to Portland now, Okay, David shows up to an office building look looking for his mummy at her old job, but her former boss has no idea where she is. So that's red flag number one.
Speaker 3: Oh I knew things were bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, is Donna? No, Donna's not with him yet.
Speaker 3: She's with Ray. They're kissing for like an hour in it.
Speaker 1: They're doing it right now, Well they're not doing.
Speaker 3: It because she does oh right, right, right, Well, they're just kissing.
Speaker 2: Donna doesn't do that, gets boys hot and heavy and worked up and walks away. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then he goes to Then David goes to an apartment building where the manager says that she skipped out on the rent. He tells David she's a dead beat and has been gone for two months, and oh's heer?
Speaker 2: What was it? Two grand?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very affordable?
Speaker 1: One thousand dollars a month. He's losing on this chick lady.
Speaker 3: And the alimony checks have not even been cashed.
Speaker 1: I wonder how much they are though the alimony a minute, because that's super confused. I was like, why is she getting alimony if David? Oh wait, what, No, that's different.
Speaker 3: Rights what you get when Bell made a pretty penny, he is not poor.
Speaker 2: No, I thought the same thing, Jen, So you're right, it's not child sports because they've been married over ten years, So you get that for how long rest of your life?
Speaker 1: Oh? I never got any of those things, so I don't really know the difference. Okay, No therapist house in Maliboo your most exciting storyline. It's for I like this lady.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with her? Remember she's a friend of what's his doozy? They bumped into it the peach Oh remember they bumped into her at the party at the peach pit. I'm getting that right, right, it was the therapist. She's the screenwriters.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's Mollie Campbell. Remember, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh Charlie.
Speaker 2: It's his friend, Charlie's friend, doctor Molly Campbell, okay, okay, played by Jane Daily.
Speaker 1: I thought she was charming and cute and beautiful and I would have loved to hang out with her.
Speaker 3: But I'm in the therapy. I'm nervous about hypno therapy.
Speaker 2: But wait, just correct. Hypno Therapy is where they put you under completely right, kind of like remember it's so back in the.
Speaker 1: Day, it's that hollow the whatever.
Speaker 2: I think. I tried it once for flying and I was like, nope, still right here. It didn't work.
Speaker 1: Have you ever you've never tried hypnotherapy?
Speaker 3: Amy One time when I was a little kid, I had to get a surgery and they like didn't have to fully put me under, but they hypnotized me and it totally worked.
Speaker 2: They were like, they hypnotized you for surgery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it was I had to get something removed from my face, and so I think it was just like a local anesthetic and they maybe gave me like a you know, like a little calmya down pill. I mean I was little, I was like ten, maybe eleven, But then they told.
Speaker 2: Me hypnotize instead. Of drugs to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They so they hypnotized me a little, but told me to pretend I was watching my favorite TV show, which was Wonder Woman at the and.
Speaker 1: Did they count back from ten?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I think I were out yeah that or because it wasn't like I was under anesthesia. It was just like a little who knows, but I mean, yes, watching Wonder Woman's chill.
Speaker 1: I got hypnotized once when I was on Dancing with the Stars, because I know, terrifying stage fright, no way that. I literally was having my Cindy Brady moment every time I went out there. They said, and don't sing the chachall Jenny Garth then her partner Terry Cuff, I have goosebumps of terror right now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Did the hypnotizing work, I guess so yeah, I think so. It was weird, but you know the weirdest part. But the girl's dad, aka my ex is a hypnotherapist.
Speaker 2: Now wait, wait to go back, go back, you said, aka your ex weight I'm confused. Peter. Peter is a hypnotherapist.
Speaker 1: He is a licensed hypnoist dying you guys, you can go to him. He doesn't have like a practice or anything.
Speaker 2: He just wanted to learn it.
Speaker 1: Put it on the internet.
Speaker 3: Come get hit the chest.
Speaker 2: What are you doing right now?
Speaker 1: He's really into.
Speaker 2: Hypnot The reason you have never told me that Peter is a therapy I kind of forgot.
Speaker 1: About it, and then I don't know why I just remembered. But yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Raining I know he did.
Speaker 2: He do it for training to play the part of the cult leader.
Speaker 1: No, this was after that, I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's the one that took me to get hypnotized when I was on Dancing with the Star.
Speaker 2: So we took you to get hypnotized. Yes, yes, it's.
Speaker 1: Very nice, lady, but it was like this weird like apartment upstairs into local lake and left me in this woman's house.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, No, I wouldn't like that.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, but you guys were still together when you were Dancing with the Stars. Okay, now it's making more sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, honestly, he would hypnotize me today if I asked him to.
Speaker 2: But I'd be afraid, but he would WHOA the world, Oh let's do it with him, he can do me, and then you could observe to see if it's okay, and then he'll do you and I'll watch it. Make sure. Wait, do you guys.
Speaker 1: Remember that episode of Verne Shirley, please.
Speaker 2: Say you do?
Speaker 1: Please say you do?
Speaker 2: Yes, We keep going, keep going.
Speaker 1: When they when they're I think they're stuck inside that like glass set where they're at the mall or in a store front or something, and you can see them all the time. It's like an experiment, like a social experiment, and you can see everything, like they live in the public side, like the whole house is. They got hypnotized. I don't even know how these two storylines connected. But every time she would hear a ding a bell, she would start clucking.
Speaker 3: Like a I do remember, I knew there was a chicken involved.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: It was such a I think that's my favorite episode, Shirley.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, I would love, love, love for someone to hypnotize me. Every time a bell rings, I clock like a chicken. That was so fun. That'd be like a great party trick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where were we? That's the most fun episode of a seventies thing?
Speaker 3: And and that and quicksand those were brilliant prominent.
Speaker 1: Yes island. Uh.
Speaker 3: And then there was always somebody getting hypnotized and like clucking like a chick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did that on Gilligan's Island too. He got hypnotized by professor.
Speaker 3: Uh huh uh huh oh by the professor. Yeah, always quick, saying I.
Speaker 1: Wish we could go back to the Jeopardy Show and there was a category on seventies sitcoms, because I would that we would really be in the running back to nine oh two one out Raise Hotel.
Speaker 2: Where was the front of that taken?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Did we ever see the front? I just remember the weird hallway.
Speaker 2: I don't know we see the front of something with red flashing lights, which made me. It was the only time I was like, wait, did we go to Portland? Like, how would they get this?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they just shut that outside of it.
Speaker 3: I was there though.
Speaker 1: For you, you were in the outside scene you're talking about, Do you.
Speaker 2: Guys know what I'm talking about? It was a shot in red it said the name of the hotel.
Speaker 3: It's kind of blurry, but I sort of remember it now a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, so I guess they just picked some random place downtown.
Speaker 1: But here's my concern. Yeah, I was told never stay at a hotel or motel when there's a red light flashing.
Speaker 3: Because it means why, it'll give you a seizure.
Speaker 2: Why, well maybe if you're lucky.
Speaker 3: Is it where ladies of the evening go.
Speaker 1: That's that's the that's the rumor.
Speaker 3: They weren't by the hour at those kind of places.
Speaker 1: The Red Light Hotel, you know that songs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Whoa, that was good right.
Speaker 1: Actually he says, you don't have to turn on the red light, bro, that's just for you.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I literally just saw him, not like we're not friends. Like I saw him in concert with the symphony. It was pretty legit. That was our Valentine.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Wait.
Speaker 1: Side note, my daughter Luca, she works for amphar and she's on the events team and she makes the big galla events that they throw, and they just did one on Palm Beach and Sting was I said, babe, because they always have some amazing Last time it was Kelly Clarkson. Yeah, I said, babe, who's who's performing? And she said, Sting, I don't know who that is. I was like, oh, I said, you better go find out who he is right now. And then she sent me a video. She's like, you're right, mom, he's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god, he looks good too.
Speaker 1: So anyway, this scene Ray's hotel is where Ray is screaming at Donna once again once again.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, sorry you guys, maybe you.
Speaker 3: Skipped ahead for sure.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get to the meat of it.
Speaker 2: You can, we can skip ahead, okay.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Donna and Ray are making out, sorry but for you. So they're they're making out and David knock knock knocks on the door. That's that sucks for it?
Speaker 2: That was really Wait is this one Donna has absolutely no makeup on.
Speaker 3: I love that. Yeah, I don't notice that plot twist.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: You look so funny about makeup, right, Hello, I was you know.
Speaker 2: How I feel. I usually feel very embarrassed without makeup, and I don't like how I look. I was so happy you look.
Speaker 1: Fresh, like fresh, like you like me?
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Ray is super annoyed and he leaves.
Speaker 2: Very annoyed and overly annoyed, overly annoyed. It's like, okay, welcome to this episode. You're gonna be annoyed all episode. It's like, have levels.
Speaker 1: Really put him? Really put him in a bad mood while he had to go to work, and he just leaves Donna and David there to snuggle basically on the bed. Do you see the way he David sits down in the bed and he's like looking at some thing, and Donna just cozies right up to him, like like they're all real good.
Speaker 2: Friends, best friends, do you know?
Speaker 1: Okay, she first loves you know. But they're gonna they're on the hunt. They're gonna go find right mama Silver Right, which.
Speaker 3: Is a tall order in Portland, Like, it's not a small.
Speaker 1: Town, and it's a town full of people living on the streets. So even back then, flyers worked. But yeah, so then they're out on the street looking for her, and David finds out that his mother was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Speaker 2: Motel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seemed like a red light.
Speaker 2: Motel that she was at.
Speaker 1: It's just getting seedier and sedier. She doesn't have a job, she's been kicked out of her where she lives, and now she's been arrested for disorderly contact. So this is not looking good.
Speaker 3: No, she's not well.
Speaker 1: That's when Donna and David decide it's time to call mel.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Smart, that was I actually I was smart.
Speaker 1: Well, it was Donna's idea, duh, yeah, yeah, but the cop won't look for her until he is uh no, the cop won't look for her until she's been reported missing for forty eight hours. And David says she has been but they just reported miss He says, go check the shelters.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah too.
Speaker 3: They go to the shelter. This looks so real.
Speaker 1: Was this not a real shelter you're saying in Portland?
Speaker 2: I am I'm not saying it wasn't a real shelter. I don't remember filming an organ Is there a way to look this up? Yeah? Yeah, yeah ninety five?
Speaker 1: She was like, yes, story, you were there for season five, episode whatever that I wish. Do you want to talk about your time in the Mission shelter in Oregon?
Speaker 2: I can't remember it, you know, I remember a lot. I don't remember that one standing out.
Speaker 1: It was sad. It was I mean, imagine putting yourself in David's position and walking through there looking for his mom.
Speaker 2: Seems that you maybe did go to Portland, Oh.
Speaker 3: Lied the Candlelight Cafe and Bar, Portland, Oregon?
Speaker 2: Was I there?
Speaker 1: That seems like where Brandon and Emily went.
Speaker 2: I am telling you I didn't go.
Speaker 1: Oh, they were in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm remembering the little hotel room right now where he pushed me all around and that was filmed on a set. Wait, okay, well maybe so bum who can you ask? Well, there's this whole.
Speaker 3: Website and I know two one zero locations.
Speaker 2: Maybe they sent a crew to film next to year.
Speaker 3: It says all these Oregon locations, Legacy, Good Samaritan Hospital. I mean things seems like maybe he went to Oregon.
Speaker 1: The whole time, you're hanging out with David at the on the streets and in the shelter, I'm thinking, oh my god, Ray, it's so mad.
Speaker 2: You knew, you knew, you knew it was coming up. Yes, damn it.
Speaker 1: You just didn't show up at his gig. Who does that?
Speaker 3: Well, it's like an emergency, and Ray just couldn't take it.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess like she didn't have a cell phone, she couldn't call him.
Speaker 3: He was like on a payphone.
Speaker 2: It's a mess. But he was just way too mad, too much, like the director should have said, come on, fine, fine, levels like it's too it's too hot the whole time, especially coming from other episodes where he has not been.
Speaker 1: Like this, I've seen Why are you saying this because you're worried that the audience will not like him?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, up until the very last moment, look at you.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know and you said it, and then I had to check.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I don't know what they're doing with him.
Speaker 2: I think keeps growing up.
Speaker 3: They just make him likable than terrible, theun likable than terrible. It's like, I stand strong on.
Speaker 2: They should have made him likable.
Speaker 1: Honestly, he's so much better at being terrible, though, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid of him. His muscles look big, and Donna's so little and frail. It's making me nervous. But anyway, muscles look big. Where do you see big muscles?
Speaker 2: He's he's a musician.
Speaker 1: Big in the in the in comparison to your muscles.
Speaker 2: Oh, anything's bigger than my little spring muscles in this episode.
Speaker 1: Anyways, So that's happening, and we're gonna go back to Dylan's house where they're discussing what tattoos she should get and they start making out. But he looks cute in that bed. I'll like, see was like tossled Luke Perry in that bed shirtless. He looked fine, He did look good, and I was like, once again I like them together. She's a lucky bitch because she's in bed with him, and you know, well very very strongly about it.
Speaker 2: Back to Portland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go, raise hotel. Now, this is it. This is it, kids, This is where Ray starts screaming at Donna. When she tries to leave, he pushes her back on the bed and says she's not going anywhere until he says she can. But then she runs out to David's room. Yeah, got David right across the hall.
Speaker 2: A good thing too.
Speaker 3: And then and she just ran into the bathroom and started crying. Didn't even tell him what was happening.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah, because that's she doesn't want to tell David that.
Speaker 2: We look at her now.
Speaker 1: She doesn't even want to say it now. Torry doesn't even want him to word.
Speaker 2: It's so bad. He's a good guy. I'm going to stick with that. He was having some anger issue. He is not a good god, I guess not. No, he's a mass of course.
Speaker 1: He feels bad for getting physical and gives They always do David is nice guy and then he Donna comes back.
Speaker 3: Yep, I think he went to Oregon.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is we have got to solve this mystery immediately.
Speaker 3: I mean it just look all signs point to this was film.
Speaker 2: Larry Mullen has confirmed that you did not go to Portland.
Speaker 3: Just got exteriors in Portland?
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Wait, now you have Larry Mullin on speed dial.
Speaker 2: I'd say speed dial got it?
Speaker 3: So you shot they shot exteriors or took stock footage of exteriors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something I knew, you guys. I would have known if I went to Portland because I wanted to go to Portland in my whole life, and I never went there. You still like I had to fly there there? Oh yeah, yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you fly there? Now?
Speaker 2: Drive?
Speaker 1: We've driven, you've driven, you didn't. Okay, it's a pretty quick flight. I mean just saying, I know we have.
Speaker 2: Not been there since both I was pregnant with bo which is almost, oh my god, seven years ago. My brother and his family comes here a lot, and we drove. I don't know why we drove. It was fourteen hour drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you had four kids and that's a lot to take on it.
Speaker 2: It was a lot. Yeah, it seemed like a good idea, but I was well and you were pregnant.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's a beautiful drive. Oh my god, it is. It was. Mel arrives at the Portland Airport and David is there to pick him up, and that is where Mel confesses to him that his mom is actually manic depressive.
Speaker 2: It's now called bipolar disorder. Here's my flag on them.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mel paints himself sort of as the hero, which I understand, but we also know Mel to like have been cheating with the dental hygientist, right like, so Mel, really, I mean, look, I had compassion for Mel, of course, but also he sort of really like made it seem like he was the hero. But so here's my question though, and forgive my not strong memory, this is the first we've really learned that David's mom had uh mental health issue?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Any Yeah, we just knew. I haven't even heard of it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't around right she bailed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we find out that she's been on medication since David was a kid. Yeah, that's a pretty big bomb to drop on him right there, Ortland Airport.
Speaker 2: Say lithium, Yeah, that's a strong one. How old is David, Like, how old are they now? Nineteen?
Speaker 3: No, they're twenty almost twenty one. We're gonna start having twenty one birthdays.
Speaker 2: So oh okay, cool. I think that's odd not to tell your kid for that long.
Speaker 1: Or like just especially since it's genetic right right, Like that's the first thing I thought of when I heard it. I was like, oh, well, if I was David, I would start spiraling and thinking and.
Speaker 3: We get the big yeah, yeah, we get the big revelation like don't do drugs. Well, this would have been helpful probably to tell David before he started doing.
Speaker 2: Drugs because he's predisposed.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow yeah.
Speaker 3: And Bell didn't even bring it up when he was doing drugs.
Speaker 2: Just saying oh once again showing us Mels a piece of sh but was still like them, it's not like she has addiction problems. She has you are pre correct.
Speaker 3: But if you're predisposed to mental illness, and I'm gonna say this although I have no medical expertise whatsoever, it's just basically what I kind of know.
Speaker 2: You can be.
Speaker 3: Predisposed to a condition and if you start doing drugs, it messes with the chemical makeup and it can trigger the mental illness. Don't do drugs.
Speaker 1: It's a good idea, it's not good.
Speaker 2: Just say o, cook eggs and a frying pans. It could look like your brain.
Speaker 3: Remember that that was really Yes, this is your brain that was big.
Speaker 2: This is your brain on drugs.
Speaker 3: That was big at the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, drug or eat eggs, thank you. Perfect.
Speaker 1: So back to Malibu for a little hypnotherapy. Dylan goes under and sees himself running on the train tracks and that is enough to scare the heck out of him and send him away from hypnotherapy at least for now.
Speaker 2: Yeah for now, Like sorry, why on the train track was that supposed to be?
Speaker 1: Why did that scare him so bad?
Speaker 2: Because remember that last time, remember on the train tracks where his sister was kneeling and she's like, oh something, yeah, yeah, yeah. Train tracks really.
Speaker 1: Get a bad wrap. People always dream about that it is, and then it comes in the form of the train tracks.
Speaker 2: Well that's true, as you can die if you were on them.
Speaker 1: If you run on them on a foggy, dark night.
Speaker 3: And there's always every horror movie they're like trapped on the subway on the track, you know, what.
Speaker 2: Who was a dastardly do he used to tire to the train tracks? You remember this? The bad guy in the cartoon Lady to the and he'd have to come what cartoon whiplash? How about that one? Definitly do?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Don't we do it? Oh? You got that was in the quicksand era.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, we're running, I can't get out, okay, on.
Speaker 1: So good. You know what train track scene I remember is from Footloose.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: When they're like yeah, when they're the warehouse.
Speaker 3: In the warehouse, yeah, because there's also like a truck and they're playing chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the tractor scene. That's different.
Speaker 3: I just think of train tracks in speed Remember she gets should they think they're good and then they get off the bus and then the bad guy gets over at the end of the subway and the track's not finished and.
Speaker 1: They have to let the old tracks not finished.
Speaker 3: I love that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any this time he's frightened, Yes, he's frightened.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So then we go back to Portland and melon David fined mom Sheila on the sho someone called Ray.
Speaker 3: They must have had his number, and.
Speaker 1: David starts crying and she suddenly remembers him. Yeah, it was a sad scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's sort of a good episode in a weird way.
Speaker 1: Definitely a good episode for David and Brian.
Speaker 2: Was great.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know, minus the little hair stuff here, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Minus the occasional.
Speaker 3: And like so was Jamie Walters, even though he sucks, he was good at doing what he Definitely, yeah, you're right, the three of us were good.
Speaker 1: Up. Nobody needs the rest of that stupid cast line.
Speaker 2: I wish not to do it again, but fine, it worked.
Speaker 1: You guys are great. I think that that Yeah, that scene when he sees his mom at the on the streets, it really stirred up something to me and I was thinking, wow, I think that's what I would look like if I was on the streets. Like I felt like, that's the same look I would have just like checked out.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hope we never have to fine find out Yeah if so, well noted check the Portland streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or the.
Speaker 3: Heavy storyline, its real heavy. It really is a lot, yeah and out of nowhere, but that's fine, And so we had no lead up to that, just was happening.
Speaker 2: It's very it's not soapy, it's not campy, it's just whoa straightforward.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They take his mom to the hospital and then he finds out that she's going to live in a halfway house and then he has that bonding moment with her in the hospital room. Good thing, and that's kind of like a nice closure to that storyline pretty much, right, Yeah, Okay. Back at Ray's hotel room, Ray tells Donna that he's under pressure and that behavior wasn't really him. She said, who believes him? Right?
Speaker 2: You did? Don?
Speaker 3: Johnna did?
Speaker 2: I'm still believing it right now? What do you mean.
Speaker 1: My second? How about you? Amy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, he's like in the credit opening credits of season six.
Speaker 1: I like, he's got to check.
Speaker 3: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he needs to get out of our opening credits. Sorry, right, no offense, but we can't be seen with you.
Speaker 3: He's not in them yet, but he's gonna be in them.
Speaker 2: No, he's not.
Speaker 3: He's in them because we're in season five, but he's in the opening credits in season six and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, you're coming the show in season six corect not.
Speaker 3: The same, but he is.
Speaker 2: They trying to redeem him. I don't know they didn't know this would.
Speaker 3: Happen bad, Like, who's gonna like that guy?
Speaker 2: We had no idea.
Speaker 3: Nobody likes this guy. Yes, yes, well he ruined his whole career.
Speaker 1: He's gonna flare up again. I have a feeling the stairs dude is gonna be by Starewell. Back at Dylan's house for our last scene of the episode, Valisak stillan out with a fake tattoo with his name on it on her boob, and then she shows him her real tattoo of a very sweet little daisy silly, which we both think that's her real tattoo. We don't have any confirmation on that.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: Allegedly that's her tattooed. Dylan sits outside looking upset. Valerie tells them to enjoy life because they're only here for a short time.
Speaker 2: She should know.
Speaker 1: She's dealt with some things. But he says he thinks that maybe we're not just here for a short time, and it sounds like he's starting to believe in reincarnation. And that just left me feeling like empty inside. That was not a good end of an episode.
Speaker 2: It's not an end. That's not an end that's got a reason to get you to come back next week.
Speaker 1: No, he says. He stands there, and he says, I'm just starting to think it's maybe it's not for a short time. Roll credits.
Speaker 2: What Well, then, why did they end the episode like this, like give me a reason to come back next Wednesday at eight o'clock? Well, Ray, sorry, is that enough?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alay got a tattoo? Is that enough?
Speaker 2: Nope? Dylan believes and incarnation m cool.
Speaker 1: Nope, David found his mama.
Speaker 2: That's great, But they didn't end it on that, like end it like you mean it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no one in there that makes me want to come back yourself now night.
Speaker 2: But I will.
Speaker 1: I will, yeah, because you know what, it's our job.
Speaker 2: It's it's quite literally our job. We must come back next week.
Speaker 1: Got the best.
Speaker 2: It's not the best.
Speaker 1: It's not the worst.
Speaker 2: It's not the worst, but it's not the best. It was the best of times, it was the worst time.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed, like I said before, your long trench coat moment, you look really cute that and you had a lot of jeans on in this episode also, which I thought was important, Harry, Yes, But I also thought, when you know when you're with your boyfriend, you start your dress like him. Yes, so Ray always wears jeans.
Speaker 2: He's a huge Jay Donna is totally starting to dress like Ray. Jamie Walters is cute, he's always but he Yea sucks.
Speaker 3: Ray sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well then that's it. People score. Wait, let me guess what Amy's going to give it, and I guess what you're going to give it. I guess that Amy is going to give this episode. She says she didn't like it, but Amy always scores high. I say she's going to go with a six or seven.
Speaker 3: I think she's you nailed it six point five. Would you really?
Speaker 2: I thought for sure you were going to give it a Nate no something about it.
Speaker 3: I just did not love it.
Speaker 1: Wait, what do you think. I think you're going to give it five?
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 3: I think you're going to give it a seven?
Speaker 2: You go to seven. Okay, I give it a seven. Yeah. I was really excited about my hair and lack of not make them still look cute.
Speaker 3: You have a good performance too, For the very reason, I'm going to give it a seven to Oh. I know, Lois, this is first time ever.
Speaker 2: This is the first time Glad to take it to the comments. Tell her you're not happy with her?
Speaker 1: She loves that. How dare you give it a six point five? Amy?
Speaker 2: Amy? Why? Where I know? Maybe I need to rewatch it again.
Speaker 3: I didn't dislike it when I was watching it.
Speaker 1: I just was like, well, hopefully next week it'll be exciting. It'll be more exciting. Next episode of season five, episode twenty seven, schoolwash it. Either they're going to go gardening and pick some squash or there's a isn't there like that tennis game called squash like?
Speaker 2: Way? Wait? Wait, sorry, I can't find this on my notes. It's really called squash it. We had an episode called squash It.
Speaker 1: Squash It.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like whack a mole a David Busters. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna be squashing it? Maybe maybe it's a rumor. Oh, somebody has to squash the rumor. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I just refreshed my memory because you cheated and looked ahead.
Speaker 2: Did you know what was like?
Speaker 3: We only have a few episodes like what is what?
Speaker 2: Ray squashed on it again?
Speaker 3: We barely have any episodes that are than Andrea and the Walshes. They're like wrapping up their time too. I mean, they already shows up again, but like not as regulars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is it.
Speaker 1: This is it weird. And that's all we off for you, guys.
Speaker 3: Bye, guys,