Speaker 1: Find down with Janey Cramer and Michael Coffin, and I'm her radio podcast. It's Monday, Monday.
Speaker 2: And and I just feel like I'm already assumed the role, so let's just keep going. I know, she, I know it, said Sarah grets And you're like not the only person to do that. So that's why it's so funny that.
Speaker 3: I just, oh, God, thank you for the vibes. Thank you for putting on in the universe. Anyone who's ever met me that put me in their phone is Sarah Gretzky.
Speaker 2: It's done. Almost almost girl, almost.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: We're in La. This is fun. I'm so happy you guys are here. It is And by the way, we're working out the technical issues about the microphones in Nashville. We know that it's been a little challenging, but we are working on it.
Speaker 1: We're figuring it out.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm happy that we're all sitting here. But this is so fun to be back in La. I know, although I'm a little sad to be away from the babies, of course, but you're not.
Speaker 1: I'm kid. No which has changed the plans before. No, no, okay, it was like nine o'clock at night, We're finishing up, getting ready to go to bed with early flight, and she was like, you know what can we bring Joe Link She has some music gigs this weekend too. She's like, yeah, because she can come with me. But I'm like no, no, she says no. I'm like, who's gonna watch her? Sai Michelle, our old nanny. Yeah, here in a I'm like no. I'm like, let's go and be kidless.
Speaker 2: This is good for you, guys.
Speaker 1: Honestly it is.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, because after this we have therapy and we're not great right now. Oh god, It's.
Speaker 1: Like really, as a producer, me fooled.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, the Nashville water is just running through their systems. They're like amazing.
Speaker 1: Dana's not the only one that connect. Oh.
Speaker 2: I was kind of kidding, But.
Speaker 3: Then I guess this is not a good time to ask you on wedding advice. So let's just get into that.
Speaker 2: I will say I have something I want to talk to you about.
Speaker 1: I'm scared, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it, because my feelings kind of got hurt.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know where we're going, and I was waiting, but okay, no, but because you said you didn't have many friends and I never expected to be a bridesmaid ever. Oh like ever in a million years, yeah, ever, ever, ever, Like I really truly want you to know that, Like I never actually like thought I was going to be. But when you said we don't have any friends, I was like, I'm your friend, I thought, and that like hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, but you don't live here in La. I met, like, we don't have friends in La Like still the same thing. No, no, no no, but I mean, like on a Friday night, Tyane, I aren't like you were talking about your like party and you're like, we don't have any friends. Yeah, like you are my friend.
Speaker 3: So I guess I'll do this over the air, which I was going to ask you, But have you ever heard of house parties? It's a Southern thing, Okay, So I'm having a house party and I want you to be in my house party. I had a whole little package and like a letter and a little thing I was sending to your house.
Speaker 2: But I'll just ask you now and then you can get it at your house.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: So do you want to be my house party? It's like, don't understand. Okay, it's very honestly, it depends.
Speaker 3: So like a house party is most people prefer a house party because you don't have to do the dumb bridesmaid Okay.
Speaker 2: So like house party will like get ready to no because I mean for me, like I hate being a bridesmaid. Like sorry to people whose weddings I've been in.
Speaker 3: Second no, I mean, don't have you been in a you had a like a very interesting experience, like you had to travel far for that one, weren't you?
Speaker 2: Ad was? I was?
Speaker 1: No, that was amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah yeah, I like I don't know what it is is I and then I got I was another maid of honor for my friend Lisa. But besides that, that's it.
Speaker 3: So I've been a bridesmaid quite a few times, and it's just like kind of like I felt bad when I asked my bridesmaids to be I felt bad, which is we because I just know that it's like they're paying for a lot. They're paying for well, uh, they're.
Speaker 2: Paying for a lot, and I don't care whatever is.
Speaker 1: I'd love to be a part.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you are going to be a part of it. So like you're gonna get ready with me. Sorry, so you're like you are, so a house party is going to be like you and like three of my other girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of you when the day of yes, and like you do all the other So like if you there's showers, I mean you don't live here, but like if you want to fly in for showers, like you're a part of everything, except for you don't have to wear the ugly dress, which like we know my dress won't be ugly, and you don't have to walk down the aisle.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just I love you either way. I wasn't like trying to know you know what I mean. But it was just like the FRA. I was just like I thought we were friends, not because I know you're coming on like you're involved in.
Speaker 3: Every way, Okay, except for Jill called me the night before and be like I don't want to leave Julie.
Speaker 2: I know, I totally got out of my last one and I didn't mean to. I just was like I missed my kids and so I left. It was just the Vegas, I know. No, I was just like I mean, granted I had like a twelve week old Yeah, that's different, and I feel like it's different. I don't maybe even younger than that. I think he was younger.
Speaker 1: I think he was like eight werette.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Cabo because Ty wants to go like skiing, Yeah, the month everything, just like he wants to go skied.
Speaker 2: Well, what can I help plan since I'm I mean, you've actually already done like a lot things like you really have. I had like all these questions last night. I was like so stressed.
Speaker 3: It's like up all night trying to find a freaking videographer. A videographer. It's very important.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: That's what everyone says. That's why I'm really stressed, almost better than the pictures. No, you guys are like the fifth couple to tell me that. So it's putting a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: Were you really involved in wedding planning ours? Yeah? Like did you not like in a meet like some guys just like don't care, Like did you care about.
Speaker 1: Because Janet wanted to Elope? You did? Wait?
Speaker 2: What I did not want a wedding? That's shocking because of how much you love planning. I love. I think in my next life, I want to be a wedding plan, No one, Mike and I have already like created your company for you. Absolutely, Wait you want why did you want to Elope?
Speaker 1: Because it was the third Okay, No, I didn't mean it that way. That was part of it.
Speaker 2: Not really what I said was that. Okay, For those that don't know my history, the first one I went through a drive through in Vegas' count doesn't count at all. It wasn't a wedding second one. Yes, it was a beautiful day, Jonathan, lovely, beautiful day. But I just I realized how expensive weddings are, how stressful they can be, and how it can tear families.
Speaker 1: Apart, check check, check.
Speaker 2: Wedding, and so I just was like, let's I found the one I want to be with. It's not about the wedding and the dress. I just want to go with you. But he wanted the wedding, so you wanted the wedding he did did, No, it's just totally I mean, Ty is like ready to party, So I get that.
Speaker 1: Right, I did, And that's and that's the thing. But again, from what I was saying, it was your third time, But I wasn't saying that from a bad place.
Speaker 2: It was but I didn't have a third wedding though I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: I'm saying you've experienced.
Speaker 3: Like you didn't think she would be What can happen with the first one? No one knew I was married, so that doesn't count regardless.
Speaker 1: You had gone down that path in some way. It's what I'm saying. If you had never never been married, never been any any of that you're telling me when we got together and we decided to get married, you'd be like, no, I still want to lope.
Speaker 2: No, But if I'm not, I'm not that kind of like what the wedding wasn't my thing?
Speaker 1: It was never really regardless, this was I I really you wanted the wedding.
Speaker 2: I guess what did family issues? That happened?
Speaker 1: You know we had to pay for ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yep, well, I mean obviously because I think in this dand age like my family.
Speaker 1: Like you know, I'm not saying talking about your points of it's expensive.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so all the things that you are afraid of having like actually absolutely happened.
Speaker 2: Having said that, it was the most beautiful day ever. I know your picture is a flawless but our video is the most stunning thing. Ever, I want to see it. So that's it on the web. No, probably, oh it is, I think I think it is. Oh yeah it is. I mean it's it's it's beautiful. It makes me sad, but it's beautiful. Yeah. But for your wedding, it's going to be absolutely stunning. I cannot wait. I'm just privileged to be invited. Oh shut up, No, I really am. Like you're like a really good friend, like this is not you're like still still. It's kind of like hurts love it when you say really good. Oh my god, oh my god, I can't win. It's funny when I now I know how Mike, I know. No, I mean it's funny.
Speaker 1: Because no matter what you say now it's what you said first, doesn't don't hear anything.
Speaker 2: But what is crazy that you say that is it's so funny because Ty and I were talking and okay, it's been seven years. There were so many people who were like very much involved. You're one, two, and three that are like there's not a chance that they're there, you know what I mean, So like you came in at a really great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it is crazy here because like we were talking about that and I was like, oh, that sucks for a lot of people who like were really in it with us in the beginning, and then you know, like times change, things change, and I just haven't kept in touch.
Speaker 2: And yeah, what's your biggest fear with the wedding?
Speaker 3: My biggest fear, Well, I can't really say it without giving away something. I'll say, weather, Okay, yeah, I mean there's going to be weather everywhere, but I'm like especially stressed on people maybe getting stre things. Yes, because the weather could be really bad there. It could, Yeah, it could at that time. I will walk there if I have. And the guy was like telling me and I was like, listen, I don't even care, like because he was like.
Speaker 2: You know the what and I'm like, I don't care. It'll be great. Here's my passage. Yeah, but that's which is something I don't know that's normal or not to care about the weather, but.
Speaker 1: It's probably the most Yeah, it's literally the most normal.
Speaker 3: Because I'm a control freak and I feel like I can control. I obviously want everyone to have fun. I want it to be like an experience, but I feel like I'll be able to handle that.
Speaker 2: But like, that's something I just.
Speaker 1: Have no control over. You can't. That's why you just you know, if you just don't try to control it, it'll be great.
Speaker 2: I've already just kind of like put that out there. I'm curious how many dads still pay for weddings, Mark, because you have two daughters. You've got two daughters. Is that something that you think about.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's something I've thought about. College is more in the forefront.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Thomas Rhett just like she was so funny.
Speaker 3: He was like, well, I'm going to be paying for three weddings now or something because that was so cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know you would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, is it is that still a thing?
Speaker 4: Well, we got married, the family split it all up kind of her parents, my parents, her grandparents, wow, all kind and then us we kind of split everything four ways.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like the rule is rehearsal dinner. Rehearsal dinner is usually the husbands.
Speaker 1: Family, and then the day is supposed to be the brides.
Speaker 2: Fan bride family. But I mean, my you know, my I could never ask I could never ask my dad for yeah, you know, because I'm like I've been on my own now, working for a while I'm older, and yeah, you know not, I don't know. I think it's all about But again I would I mean, what do you think for for Jolie, I mean just me.
Speaker 1: And my old school. I feel like I plan on that we will pay for Joey's wedding, especially.
Speaker 2: Because you have one. I mean maybe if you like that's the thing that you have my daughters. Yeah, my dad had five daughters, and that's just something where you just kind of put it away and it's like you just kind of bit it and I'm like I'm the last one. I'm like, oh no, but yeah, yeah, yeah no. But there are things that I was like, special things, special.
Speaker 3: Extras that I'm like, ill, I'm gonna do myself, like what mm things for maybe like I don't know what I'm wearing or I don't know, but yeah, so excited.
Speaker 1: So I am.
Speaker 2: So excited.
Speaker 1: See, I was gonna have like the diamond from Titanic around her neck.
Speaker 2: Like a Princess Diana crown. No, I won't be wearing a crown. I won't.
Speaker 3: I'm not wearing a crown for anyone, wear up or down? Undecided, nided, I can't. Probably I'm a dancer. Okay, I'm gonna need like a pony tail down for down. Yeah, I'm sure, I'm sure both.
Speaker 2: I think most brides like do the half up like towards them after the ceremony. Maybe I'm gonna need just like full bun. I'm gonna need like a sweaty headband working on it. Oh yeah, that's so weird.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm so irritated inside inside knowledge.
Speaker 1: That I highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: I think you should, yeah, because I feel like, because I'm such a dancer, I definitely have to change.
Speaker 2: I can't be like lugging around like a situation all night. I went to the hospital the day of my wedding. I'm sorry that for.
Speaker 1: I was sick. My dad took her to the hospital.
Speaker 2: I couldn't breathe. I had you had like I need to have a breathing treatment. Was it like an anxiety attacker had brochitis? Oh? I had to get a breathing treatment because I woke up and I got to change my mind. That's my biggest fear. Oh my god, I cannot be sick. Oh my god. I need to call like Oprah's doctors and I need to get like the whole works. Yeah, oh no, that would be horrible.
Speaker 1: A picture of her and my dad. I got the hospital that was so nice.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't breathe. That's wild. By the way, and I was pregnant, so I was like hopped up on all his medicine. Yeah, I had no idea.
Speaker 1: We found out a month later.
Speaker 3: Yea, like technically, oh wow, pregnant, you will be getting drunk at my wedding. By the way, now not happening, cruise happening.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get hammered. No, like it's Halloween story from great.
Speaker 2: I already had this conversation with.
Speaker 1: Myself get hammered, So don't book.
Speaker 2: I don't like daddy hammered because Daddy hammered, Like in a cab, then mommy get hammered. Remember with the cab in New York. Then the cab in New York. You were like, and he's falling in the I'm like, this is my night. This We were at a club and drunk. It was in Nashville. Let's cal mm down, like it was a good sees or something. And we got in the cab and you were so drunk you were falling, and you're like, can you tell the cab driver stop stopping. I'm like, well, honey, if you stop stopping, we are going to die. No, it's happening. And and no, he's gonna have good time and so are you. Can you be happy drunk? Happy drunk? He does this dance? You know. No, I already was like.
Speaker 3: Thinking about it myself. I was like, Okay, this is going to be night. Like I'm gonna literally get her drunk. You don't have to be throwing up and on the spins and all that, but like, I feel like, how can you not?
Speaker 2: I just want to enjoy it, Like I want to be able to remember my conversation with Wayne. I want to be remember like the day, you know, I want to remember you well and seeing how beautiful you look and there were photos. I just I feel like it will be my mission to get her drunk, you.
Speaker 1: And me both, we'll team up.
Speaker 2: Your mission is combined the most amazing day. No, it will be excited about it. I'm excited. We're going to talk more, but first let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: Interesting topic, okay, and you and I kind of have different points of view on this. We're flying this morning, and what's your take on reclining your seat etiquette. Oh I actually love this topic. I've been meaning to talk about this and it's something that I feel very passionate.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no, I'm so excited. So it literally makes my skin and crawl when ty leans all the way.
Speaker 2: Back, it makes my wait, you lean back? Time tired, time out. Let's let's just talk about this. A lean backer. It's one inch that it leans back. Okay, so I'm not friking, Okay.
Speaker 1: One in is about the leg room that we had.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand how it's that much more comfortable. I guess because it's an it's to me, I'm like, like, it doesn't do anything. But one time, this lady was hitting TI and so I'm kind of traumatized because she was an older lady and she was really upset that he had a seat back, and she kept kicking it and kicking it, and finally she stands up and looks at him and was like, put.
Speaker 2: Your seat up. Why though, why put your seat up? You? You? I agree with you on that, but that just scared me from then on. So I'm like, no, but I don't know, you're not allowed to recline your seat then I guess I'm confirmed.
Speaker 1: Must I'm not saying. I'm not saying. I'm not saying you're not allowed to. I'm just saying me personally, I feel bad for the person to tell me. Someone in front of me, you know how I act. Sometimes I'm like stiff arming there started to go back on.
Speaker 2: The only thing I hate is when you have and then you're tall. Oh yeah, you're tall.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that you're small in every no matter what airline, no matter what seat we're in, everything is first class.
Speaker 2: You're discriminating my smallness.
Speaker 1: Everything's first class for you. You're discriminate my height. Well, I'm saying it's etiquette. It's like, you know, we're all cramped in they were trying to get from point A to point B. Let's just get there as comfortably as we can. And the best way to do that is I want to just keep your seat up, respect the people around you.
Speaker 2: That's like taking shoes class.
Speaker 1: I just told you about when I was fine first class. Like we a week or so ago coming back from somewhere, and as soon as we got on the plane, I'm talking sat down, not even in the air Both people in front of me were that's straight back, and the flight attendant even time to put it up. I was always that person. Yeah, so which there's a there's a whole nother story.
Speaker 2: I can't with this in studio side off right now.
Speaker 1: So I'm just I'm saying, it's just like first class is a little different cause you have more room. Okay, whatever, even I'll do it then with this fume far between who we are? So am I the only one that mark let's hear.
Speaker 4: Unless it's a red eye, I'll lean back on a red Otherwise, never lean my step back because I find it rude to the people behind me, and I feel like it's rude to me when the person in front of me does it.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you bought that seat, yeah right, so I don't want someone leaning back in my lap.
Speaker 2: To lean back and be a little bit more.
Speaker 3: The only time it really matters is like Southwest, when it's when there's like there's no other where to go, Like you can't pay for extual leg room there you can't pay for So that's when I'm like, I feel bad, and I'm just.
Speaker 4: Like, it is my choice if want to be rude to the person behind me.
Speaker 2: Rude though that's the thing I do. But you know what we're for flying, we're all uncomfortable. Is it?
Speaker 1: Four to one?
Speaker 5: I've never ever leaned my seat.
Speaker 1: This, get this.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's a problem with it. Like people in front of me doing it doesn't bother me. But I've always been too nervous. And then one time I was like, I'm doing this, I'm doing it, and it didn't work.
Speaker 1: It was broken.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm just never going to do this that I just don't do it. But then when someone does it to me, then I'm irritated. But I just kind of I just don't know how. It's not much more comfortable. I mean it is a little bit more, you know, because you're not sitting straight up. And I usually have worked out, but you know, I haven't done it. One time because there was this really tall country guy behind me, very tall, and him and his wife were fighting and he kept hitting my seat and I was so terrified to lean back that I stayed up the entire flight, honestly.
Speaker 3: And you don't know how people are going to be on flights like I get like, you know, sometimes it's a bad day and relationships.
Speaker 1: Videos on the news of people getting kicked off the plane.
Speaker 2: So am I supposed to not put my seat back anymore, even though I paid for my seat and it's my seat and I can do it. You want about that talks, because that's there's the thing. I don't talk on the plane unless's Sarah.
Speaker 1: What about that the loud talker.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about that person that's rude to me, the loud talker, especially the person the loud guy. Then I was flying a red Eye the other night, and I'm like, if you're talking to sleep, it is a red Eye. I wanted to say that so inappropriate. There's just like social cues. So I'm like, how does that like? So I'm not the loud talker. I'm the lean backer. Okay, loud talker. Since we're on it, let's just keep going. And then I got trouble one time for playing cards on a plane that my girlfriends got in trouble for playing cards. Okay, that's we were shuffling too. Do you take your shoes off?
Speaker 1: Yes, it depends if it's if it's a long like yeah, if I have socks on shore. If it's a red eye, that's that's actually yeah, that's the only time, I will if it's a red Eye, and usually it's.
Speaker 2: If we're fortunate, Michael, I'll take my shoes off. If I'm next to a stranger, I will not take my shoes off.
Speaker 1: If if you want red Eye and we're fortunate enough to have, like you know, we're going over a season, we were in a pot or something like that. Yes, okay, well when it's like my ow little world.
Speaker 2: If you're flying Southwest LA to Nashville. And no, having said that, though I do put my feet up on the thing I do to the bulkhead, I do too, but I on.
Speaker 1: So you scroll through the movies with your bare feet. Oh no, it's a video. But I wipe down like a wiper down.
Speaker 2: And people are always like, oh my god, can I have one.
Speaker 1: I'm like you, I'm like, fine, let me let me stand off of that real quick. So I don't know what it is, right, but when I when I travel, I have I have my my stuff, right, I know what I'm bringing. I packed for my occasions. I'm prepared. I know every time, like clockwork, Jane's like, can you throw this in there? Can't throw that in there? And I'm just like throw it and where you give me something of yours to throw in my.
Speaker 2: Bag, well, because my bag is there's just smaller and I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what. I don't know. I don't know what it is. But it's like you I know what I have in here. It's like, hey, can you put this in there?
Speaker 2: And that I don't know what I don't and you offer like you're like, hey, I'll put that in my backpack. And I was like, I can throw it my.
Speaker 1: Purse because I know, because I know, I know it's coming. I'm on the forefront, I think, girl.
Speaker 2: Though, because I do that to time, like can you put my shoes in your back He's.
Speaker 1: Like what, I don't know. But it's just one of those things. Just like to your wipes, just like I brought these. I'm prepared. Yeah, So it's like this is my space, this is my stuff, Like I'm prepared.
Speaker 3: But it's always just mind blown that I'm wiping down. I'm like, did you not see that sixteen minutes? Like it's twenty nineteen, wiped on the plane? Bring your own wipes. If you have a baby, you already have wipes, right, stop using my lavender set wipes.
Speaker 1: There you go. There's a video people have seen it.
Speaker 2: Oh my my, I mean it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's kind of clever.
Speaker 2: YouTube this who ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's up on YouTube, it's on Instagram. It's where you have to lean all the way across.
Speaker 2: No, I would never do that.
Speaker 1: That's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: I even use my knuckle when I signed things like CVS like, I don't use my be like this to sign. I've never done that. No, like the pens you're holding onto it so people are sick at, like those pharmacy things or anything you sign. I know, it's just why I think a.
Speaker 1: Lot discounter, did we wipe it down?
Speaker 2: I'm not like this public Wow, disgusting. Wow, what a topic.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Right. So now I know I'm never going to ask to ever put anything in your bag.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing I always do, and I'm willing to. It's just I don't know why. It's just something I've been introspective. I've realized that it just.
Speaker 2: Well I want to. I don't even bother you, so I won't. No, I mean I mean it from a good place, like I'm saying like, I won't because if it's something that annoys you, I will. I won't do that I try to like annoy you the least about I feel like I do want now to anyways point in times.
Speaker 1: But it's it's it's not it's not a personal thing. It's just I don't I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I just it's like your O. C.
Speaker 1: D issue. Yeah, yeah, it kind of is. Where I'm prepared. I've planned this stuff.
Speaker 2: I have this thing too, like traveling. It's like he downloads his movies and saying and I'm like, hey, so what about this and then this date because I'm like I like to plan work on the plane. He's like, I'm trying to watch comedians and cars leave me alone, or I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Play my planes.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm asking you a question about travel for like our kids and this. I'm like, it's a.
Speaker 3: Very therapeutic time to be in the air and know that like no one can get a hold now that. I like now that with all this, I do a lot of planning. Like of the wedding planning on the planes.
Speaker 2: I mean, how much would we get down on that? That was like insane. Yeah, I've never seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put her on a plane, she gets everything done.
Speaker 2: It's so It's the greatest thing though, because there's no distractions to be able to get everything down playing, and for.
Speaker 1: Me it's I have no distractions of Janna asking me to go do something, you know, so I'm like, I can watch these movies uninterrupted. And then but here's Jana. I wish you guys could see me that are listening. She's over there in the seat next to me, like in the corner of my eye, being like because she knows I hate me and bothered. So she's like, Mike, can you have question? It's unreal and I'm just like this. I'm like, yes, he.
Speaker 2: Does, and it's just I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is for our kids something. I mean, it's so angry at me.
Speaker 1: I was like, go back to your soccer right today. She was like, what do you think the measurement on the oh the bench for the backyard is what size pillow should I get? And in my head, I'm like, do you just have to be decided right now in this moment on the airplane LA right now?
Speaker 2: That's actually really funny. It did because I wanted to order it because then I would forget about because I have souls on your mind on my plate. Yeah that I'm going to forget about the cushion if I don't order it right now. Because I had a checklist for my plane, Like, I love this was my checklist. I loved the whole list. I was like, contact restoration, hardware, get the cushions, finish the EV for the peanut event like and I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, I got the same thing. I got bars and coffee to watch. I got stranger things to watch. I got strange bunch of things to watch.
Speaker 4: Mark Hot ever sent that's my time to watch stuff that I want to watch.
Speaker 2: It's a mad thing.
Speaker 1: We don't have time at home. And what she had love of the weekend.
Speaker 4: I did Captain Marvel on the way up and I did The Green Book on the way back, and both phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I do love watching movies. If I can catch up on a movie, I watch it.
Speaker 1: That's the time to do it.
Speaker 2: Exactly, mind you, I saw five feet away? Have you ever seen it get apart? Five feet apart? Oh? Bald like a baby. Had to turn it off, like had to walk away. Oh, I was going it was real. It was about cistic fibrosis, and I had no idea about the stick fibrosis. That they have to be like two s efforts have to be like five feet apart from each other. Oh no, no, no, they can never touch or they can. I mean, it's just it's so sad. It's a very I can't. I don't cry, so public crying is not. Do you think you'll cry on your wedding day? Oh for sure? Really, Oh my god, it's gonna be the first time I see you crying, because because I cry when I think about it. I'll have a.
Speaker 3: Because I cry when I like think about tears. I know, no, like literally, and so I feel like I for sure I feel like when I see him for the first time and my dad, I feel like my Dad's gonna make me cry. My dad is for sure going to make me cry.
Speaker 2: And I know when I see Time, I'm gonna cry because he's gonna cry when he sees me.
Speaker 3: And that you guys like have to understand. I never really thought this would happen, Like I really didn't, like honestly, like, I.
Speaker 2: Think Ty will cry. Oh, I know he's gonna cry. He cried the hole Engate, the whole proposal. I know he's a baby.
Speaker 3: No, no, I know he'll cry when he sees me, because it's just like he didn't think he was going to see me in a wedding dress. You know, I don't know, there's that whole aspect of it, so I know that's going to make me cry.
Speaker 4: I cried so hard when I was proposing to my wife. She thought I was telling her that I was dying, are you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We were on the beach in San Simon, across from her castle, and I clearly had something important to tell her, but I can't even get the words out, and she's like, Oh, no, he's.
Speaker 1: What I've chosen the spot on the beach to tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm Oh my god, did you cry at your wedding?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah? When I saw her in the dress.
Speaker 4: My dad was my best man, and he was next to me, and he was trying to distract me and have me think he's telling me funny things. He's like telling me to picture my great grandmother naked and stuff, just to try to not be in the moment so much. And then up pasted the shush desk and we had to stop. But yeah, I was a mess.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cute. Did you mess? Yeah? I cried. We did.
Speaker 5: We did a first look because I was worried about the crying, and I cried during that, and then I cried when we were up there.
Speaker 3: See I think Ty will cry both times. Are you doing it first look? I think so, no, no, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should. But then how do we shoot pictures before? Oh you know, you do pictures of your party. I cannot do that to Tie.
Speaker 3: I cannot have him see me for the first time with all those people.
Speaker 1: He will be.
Speaker 2: Just for me.
Speaker 1: It's that feeling like when I saw Jane turn in the corner.
Speaker 3: I know, and oh my god, it's so dramatic the way i'll because I can't and I did.
Speaker 1: I never saw her dress, you know, neither is and she had this beautiful dress basically flown in like the day of the day. It was very it was so beautiful, and I mean I can remember it like it was like this morning, like it was so in that just that feeling like seeing her for the first time, it was just like maybe I won't.
Speaker 2: I just I get what people do and no knock to first looks. I just think there's something I know, But he's going to be a true But that's like the part of the wedding.
Speaker 1: That's the part.
Speaker 2: You know, you're not supposed to be super composed and presently that's what that's what that's what I'm looking for. I want the energy as a person sitting there watching this wedding that I'm there for both of you. Like I'm holding y'all's emotions, like and it's like I'm gonna be bawling too, but I want to cry, but I just think that he'll be okay, fine, okay, fine, No.
Speaker 3: I also grandparents are going to make me cry for sure, because I don't have my grandparents, but he has one on each side, and that that was super important to us when we were doing our planning because we really want them there. And his grandma's ninety eight and this she wore this ring, so we facetimed her when like in his grandpa and his dad's side. It's just like we really really that's why we're kind of also like let's go. But I know and oh, they're going to be so excited.
Speaker 1: Even when you talked about like your dad and stuff, crying Dad got me tears just thinking about Jolie. I can't I'm going to literally melt into the floor in tears.
Speaker 3: When Ty called my dad to ask him, my mom was with him, and my mom was like, Sarah, I didn't if he wasn't on speaker, and she was like, I didn't know what Ty was saying. Dad was crying so hard, and I was like what and she was like I had not, Like, your dad was crying so hard. My dad was crying when I asks him from permission and told him that he's gonna she was like it was crazy, and I'm like that made me cry.
Speaker 2: Your dad is just like, oh, it's just like walking Joey down the aisle.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna slowly just melt into the forth.
Speaker 2: Crazy Jolie's gonna get married one day, one day.
Speaker 1: Right now, God blessed the man whoever that's like monster. That's how you know what movie actually gets me? Radio? What with Cuba good engr? Is it the acting that how dare you? But that's that's just one of the examples that came to my mind first, Like there's plenty of other movies that get me, even some Disney movies have probably got me. But Radio, for whatever reason, just remember it just because true story and just there their relationship and then this poor kid and just picking on someone who's who you know has mental issues and stuff like that. I need to.
Speaker 2: I don't care, like even just now, it.
Speaker 1: Just gives me like chill like it. Oh, it bends me over, man, it just gives me just thinking about just talking about it. It gets me. Wow.
Speaker 2: I need I don't think I've ever seen it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have either Ed Harris and and Cuba getting Cuba getting Junior. I think the acting is fantastic.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it movie. Yes, I'm just kinda well he's struggling right now.
Speaker 1: But even honestly, even Cuba Cuba in Men of Honor, that's one of my favorite movie movies of all time. Hero Navy, Sa Diver. That movie gets me too. From like a motiv happy, it's more of a happy like motivational cry.
Speaker 2: Did you cry in Pearl Harbor to when Cuba got the medal? I don't know what he takes Sarah, what about you? I don't This is gonna be one of those things where like right now I can't think, but I know, like when I leave.
Speaker 3: I know I.
Speaker 2: I for sure cried in for a while. It was always during like wedding sequences and movies. Mm hmm, well yeah, because I just didn't know if it was gonna happen. No, like I cried in crazy Rich Asian, I'm not her wedding. That was good, I cried, and that I'm trying to think. I can't think right now, but I know.
Speaker 1: There are mark field of dreams.
Speaker 2: I never saw it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh god, yeah, yeah, the point and I don't want to spoil it. Yeah, point towards the end that just gets you. But because I know it's coming, I'm weeping about twenty yes ahead of you, knowing it's coming, and then when it handled just in a puddle.
Speaker 2: Really okay, I need to watch that. I think Miracle the hockey movie.
Speaker 1: I think so yeah, that's bad. Stuff gets me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that stuff for sure get to you.
Speaker 1: It gets me.
Speaker 2: I am. I was watching Beaches one time. You were seeing Beaches, Oh god, and my my band guy came to the back to let me know that it was time to go on stage, and he thought someone died because I was. I could not breathe. I was crying so hard, and that's honestly how I felt about the five feet apart. Oh my god, hyper ventilating Marley and me, duh done, don on dog. I'm looking up sound movies that when.
Speaker 4: I held it in until I couldn't and then you try to breathe while holding it like a.
Speaker 2: You know, that's the movie theater that that firefighter movie I Only the Brave. Oh, I didn't say God in the theater. I was like, I did that exactly. I was trying to hold it in and it made I mean, I was I was hyperventilating in the movie theater.
Speaker 1: It was funny. Jana and I saw that in like a Tuesday afternoon. It was me, Jana and one other guy in the movie theater when we saw Only the Brave and all three of us are crying. Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Slaughtered me story.
Speaker 1: That would have been sweet if you had him come over and all.
Speaker 2: But it's one of those where you leave and you're still going, yeah, oh that was just really get you. Oh, walk to remember. Oh my god, I think it first time in My Girl Welcome to High School off.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Uh, there's a there's a nb U.
Speaker 1: Be a superhero movie.
Speaker 2: He's like when when thor.
Speaker 5: I mean Avengers Endgame. I cried throughout that. That's like the best movie.
Speaker 1: I've ever seen. I sort of got it.
Speaker 5: I did happy and sad. But there's a movie called Hereditary that came out last year. That one got me pretty good.
Speaker 2: That a scary movie.
Speaker 5: It's scary, scary and sad, very very It hit a lot of fears I have about, like caring for children and things like that. That that's one of the ones where I was like, I left afterwards, and hours later I was like, my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: What was that Gwyneth Paltrow movie. She was like a country singer, country strong.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Again, let's got out of high school, sir, But listen, no, but listen, no, no, no, nook no. But I'm thinking about I remember leaving that the that movie and just feeling like traumatized.
Speaker 1: Because you're twelve at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, toris like, I don't remember what went down. She killed herself, that's maybe why. Then, Yeah, it was very sad.
Speaker 1: Anymore.
Speaker 5: That's Avengersing Game. That's the one I want to I want on my tea.
Speaker 2: Ahead.
Speaker 1: When Captain America, I grabbed the hammer I've never seen any I have a tear coming down, like and when he.
Speaker 5: Says Avengers assemble, Oh my god, I've been waiting for that for ten years.
Speaker 1: So I just went and saw a Spider Man Far Far from Home by myself the other night, and.
Speaker 2: Well, mind you, because Michael goes, it was Sunday night and he goes, we had full disclosure. We had sex, like Sunday afternoon when the kids were napping, we had sex. Oh. And then it was Big Little Eye season finale too, and so I was like, hey, babe, so what are you doing tonight. He's like, I don't know what are you doing. I was like, well, I'm watching Big Little Eyes. And he's like and I was like, and we've already had sex, so I'm good if you want to go do something. He's like, wait for real. I was like, really, get a movie?
Speaker 1: You want to see her? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was like all right, it's like all right.
Speaker 1: Later got on Fandango right there and got my ticket. Yeah. But when they started playing Whitney Houston, I'll Always Love You come on at the opening Marvel credit, I started tearing and then it became like a high school like newscast. But I was like, I was like, my eyes were watery. I'm a song something about say Goodbye and stan Lee and.
Speaker 2: I was just like, okay, moving on. We're going to take a break. But so to end this movie stuff, We just saw the best movie. Every one should go see The Long Shot. This isn't an ad. That was one of my favorite comedies I've seen in a.
Speaker 1: Very long and it just came on.
Speaker 2: Maybe I watched from start to end. I watched again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'd watch it again.
Speaker 2: All right, quick break? Then emails? Hey, do we have any emails?
Speaker 1: Mark? Sure do?
Speaker 4: Marissa says this question from Mike. My fiance is like Jana and Love's affection. I, however, do not. I want my space and my alone time and my quiet time. It really bothers me when he asks for affection and I'm busy and wants me to stop what I'm doing to give her a himahagara kiss. We've been dating for three years, we're recently engaged. We're both twenty two, we lived together, we have no kids. How can I get him to understand that I don't always want physical affection like he does? Jenna, how does it make you feel when Mike tells you he can't show affection?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Mark, I'm all at Mike's start with us. Since it's a.
Speaker 1: Question, it's tough because it's hard for Jana or like her fiance to take it not personal because physical affection in touch is a personal thing. So how are you supposed to tell somebody that you don't want to give that to him and them not take it personal? You answered them right now, well snorting, Oh my god, we're answering this. I have a nice illustration of what we're talking about, as Mike's trying to be sensitive and tender, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm showing how does that make you feel? When I'm doing something you're trying to be sensitive. I don't care about I will say something to this though, when I'm not affectionate towards you. This is very interesting. But this happened the other day, and when I read this email on the plane, I was excited to talk about it because I was sitting on our little bench in our room and you came in and I really hadn't been affection that day, not because I was trying to prove a point or do anything. I just was kind of doing my own thing. You were doing your own thing, and you were like, hey, are you okay? And I was like, yeah, I'm just in here, like on my phone doing my stuff, like I'm good, you know, but it was like you then started to kind of get like because you weren't getting how I normally, and I was just like in my own zone, like doing my own thing, like and I was still being nice.
Speaker 1: And like right, but with you, when something is wrong, you tend to be passive.
Speaker 2: Oh but I really wasn't.
Speaker 1: Though I know about how but in the series of our relationship, how am I supposed to know that? So naturally I'm going to think that because historically you're passive.
Speaker 2: I get that. I really wasn't. It's just but it's like when we stop doing affection, then that's when you think something's wrong. And it's like, well, that's how we feel sometimes when you don't have affection and then we think something's wrong. Does that make sense in a.
Speaker 1: Way, Yeah, in a way. What I'll say to Marissa, though, is have the conversation first of all, not when he tries to be affectionate. So if he comes and try to be affectionate, it don't be like, hey, you know, this is how I feel about affection. Do it when neither of you are trying to be affectionate and just come to him on your own and say, hey, this is how I am. I say exactly what she said in the email. I enjoy my space. I like my lone time in my quiet time. That's just what I need as a person. That's what I've realized, you know, makes me happy from time to time to recharge or whatever your reason is. That doesn't mean anything against you. That doesn't mean I don't want to be with you or anything like that. That's just how I process things.
Speaker 2: And also, too, like where you just said tell, I think what's helpful too is you'll say, like, hey, I'm going to go in the other room and I'm just gonna unload for a second. Because we can't read y'all's minds right, And that's a huge thing because if I'm in a excited mood and I want to be physical and touchy with you and affectionate, but you're you're just maybe you're just having a hard day, or maybe you're tired, maybe you didn't sleep with that night, or maybe you just want to be alone. That's okay, but we don't know that. So if you're sometimes it's like, hey, I'm going to go just chill for a second, so we know to kind of like back off a little bit.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's a good cue for us so to do it beforehand, like you're saying, don't do it in the moment, Like when I come up and give you a hug and you're like, oh, I don't want to be touched right now. It's like that is such a rejection. Is that? Do you do that?
Speaker 1: He used to? Yeah, I used to. I don't. But that brings up a good point though. If that's happening, say, and I haven't had an opportunity. We've just been doing stuff and you come up in a couple of times you like touch me or something throughout the day. Maybe that day, I'm just not feeling all touchy feely. What do I do?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing is you just did it with your body, and it already sending me kind of like a chrar like you you it's like it's like my touch, it's like my it's like my touch makes skin crawl. But then it's just say so, it's just like hey, babe, like I just I need a minute, like I love you, honey, and like maybe like give a kiss or something, even if you don't want to in that moment, Well, you.
Speaker 1: Say in that moment though, it's hard because that's the thing. It's not personal, it's not your.
Speaker 2: Touch, it's just but it's hard to distinguish, right, No, And I.
Speaker 1: Understand that, and that's this is the the dance here is there's some days where that's how touch maybe makes me feel in a moment where I'm just like, I just I just need my space right now, or.
Speaker 2: I'm less affectionate with you anyways because of that, and not in a bad way where I'm just like, it's not as affectionate as it used to be, and it's just kind of how I've now have to be. I guess I don't know to change though, but I'm not saying change, but like I'm not like.
Speaker 1: I a gap to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I do.
Speaker 1: Like me, I'm not just I need my quiet time and space every single day. I also want to be affectioned. But I also know that Janna, that's her language too. Yeah, so I'll make a point to do things not because I want to, but also because I want to make my make sure my partner feels loved because I.
Speaker 2: Do over Yeah, it's all a learning process.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, just bring it up to him when it's you know, it's not happening in that moment, tell him how you feel. But also valdat him is you know, it's not about you, it's it's just what I need and I love you very much and whatever it is.
Speaker 2: You know what we didn't talk about that we did. We took the any agreem and any Oh my god, how dare we?
Speaker 1: How dare we? We did that on the plane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the plane is and it's any say edgram, anyagram, anyagram? Anyagraham? Have you done it? Mark? No?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Sarah, I was like twelve dollars because I took this I neigh question dollars. Well, well, the one hundred and forty four question we did thirty sixth question. Yeah, man, Sarah, was this twenty four bucks.
Speaker 3: I took these screens. But I'm remember two two, which like it kind of was shocked. Really well, I don't know all of them. I just I did I need to do more reading. But I found these screenshots. So you were a two, you were an eight the Challenger, and I'm a six and I'm like textbook six. My sister's an eight. Though that's really funny. I was sending her funny memes, but this one okay too. It was just like funny little things. You're a grizzly You're a grizzly bear, doting, helpful, and protective.
Speaker 2: That's like what describes you. I'm a number six. I'm a wolf, loyal to the pack, team player, watchful eight is a honey badger, brave, combative and fierce. And then this one was funny. It was like type two in like Disney characters, and the tailor swift was hilarious. I was dying on the plane dying. Your two was a snow white. The helper sincere and warm hearted, genuine love and care for others. Are you were surprised about that? No? No, no, because I thought I feel like you're more of like a tough bitch one. But I don't know which one that would be because I don't know enough about all of them. Once I read it, then I was like, okay, yeah, but helper, I guess yeah, how you are because I care.
Speaker 1: She cares.
Speaker 2: You're writing like any You're right, You're right. It's I care about whether people think of me. I care about people. I care about helping others, like I'll put I'll put aside your for someone else to like to help someone else. But then on the other flip side is where I'm like, I am bossy, lastic and I am a goal oriented. Yeah, so it's that's so funny. Yeah, my Disney character.
Speaker 3: They didn't they posted it this morning, so they didn't have hours up yet. But I'm gonna go look right now. Yeah, I'm gonna go look right now.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 3: It's actually really interesting when you, like, did any of the questions kind of make you be like, well some some of them, I was like, I gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, and here's here's the interesting thing. So I screenshotted this one because Michael was taking the test and I was overlooking his shoulder and I was like, you're not being honest. I had to catch myself a couple of times, a couple of moments too, where I was like, oh, no, I do kind of I envy people sometime successes and that was one of the questions.
Speaker 1: But it's mostly yeah, but there were a few when I was doing the long one lean over to Jane and be like, hey, which one.
Speaker 2: Was I, No, Michael goes one of them was? I often the choices were get lost in my feelings or disconnect from my feelings so I can focus. And Michael put he gets lost in my feelings, and I was like, honey, I mean because I took.
Speaker 1: That as like I get lost to him, so I don't know how to deal with them.
Speaker 3: A couple of the questions kind of threw me off, and I was just taking it by myself, and I was like one of them was like, I'm something about being selfish, and I was like, I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna say it, I could be selfish. And I was like really proud of myself in that moment, for in that moment, for owning it.
Speaker 2: What number were you? I'm a six Okay, oh that is my last one on mine. That's so funny. We don't know it. I was a sixth and then one six is my fourth.
Speaker 1: You all take the test. It's actually really interesting.
Speaker 2: It was like, really, yeah, there's a couple of free ones in the Enneagram Institute. Is the one that we took?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: It is twelve dollars.
Speaker 3: Because I've taken a couple before and every time it would be something like different, and then I kind.
Speaker 2: Of it is interesting though, but it is very It talks about how to deal with it explained well, and it explains like how they are and operate, but it is it's interesting if if I was to take the test for Michael and he was to take it for me, if we would get the same number.
Speaker 3: Last night, I wanted to take it for Tie and I was like it was giving me a headache, and I was like I just need him to do it, but I don't know what he would be.
Speaker 2: You know these Taylor Swift ones? Okay, what your type two? It says, where did it go? Mar? Do you know your number? I have no idea you guys, if you should do it? Take the free languages?
Speaker 1: How many of these do have to take?
Speaker 2: I know there's a lot with another test. This is gonna be my thing though, Like I was like, what's your what's your sign? Now I'm gonna be like, what what number are you? How can I connect with you? Because it really did? It says a lot? It does? Did you read like all of it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: I like it a lot And it's crazy how it goes along with like the astrological signs and just like I think it helps. I mean, it helps me look at myself. And because it said like pros about how you are, then I was like, but the cons and it was like, yeah, it's a little dark. There's there's always ways we can work on ourselves.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm got me and not to turn this, uh this little dark. But there's one section that talks about out Basically it gives you like one word. It's something about like what you seek or something in relationship or I don't know what it is, but basically the trigger word for an eight was lust in like relationship and stuff like that. And I was like, that's like that like hit me deep because like the whole addiction aspect and everything like that and how I don't personalize my relationships and everything was just so that was that. Seeing that definitely kind of made me a believer.
Speaker 2: I was like, holy, that's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at Did you notice that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah you saw that? Yeah, yeah, it was really interesting.
Speaker 2: I describe the lust good question, lust of the mind.
Speaker 1: Lust is uh, I don't know a textbook definition.
Speaker 5: Very strong sexual desire is what Marion Webster says.
Speaker 1: Marion Webster Webster always there to have a back. Yeah, So it's it's but lust is more of you know, when you talking about a relationshial standpoint, it's there's there's not connection there. It's just you're you're lusting the concept or you're lusting you mean, yeah, an idea of or whatever. It's kind of like a fantasy driven sexual desire. So there's no other interpersonal connection around lust.
Speaker 3: Interesting, okay. Type two this is just like the generic Type two. The helper the functions of empathy and altruism, the potential for other directedness, thoughtfulness for others, genuine self sacrifice, generosity, and then your negative situation. Here we go are intrusiveness, possessiveness, manipulation.
Speaker 2: And self perception. Don't laugh.
Speaker 3: Oh, but your your title is in the field, so you're like a feeling one. So then in mine is I'm a sick so mine is in the thinking one. The loyalists the functions of trust and perseverance, the potential for emotional bonding with others, group identification, sociability, industriousness, loyalty to others. Negatively yeah, yeah, here we go, potential for dependency, rebelliousness, anxiety, and very already feelings. Okay, and then eight Type eight the challenger, the functions of self assertion and leadership, the potential for self confidence, self determination, self.
Speaker 2: Oh you're very like self, good for you, Mike's world, and.
Speaker 3: Then negatively potential for domination of others, crude and sensitivity, combativeness and ruthlessness, diabolical.
Speaker 2: Did you guys read them before you took the test? Like, did you have an idea?
Speaker 1: But I had no idea?
Speaker 3: Who I didn't even know what it was? So someone asked me, and I didn't know, so I googled. I googled, like what are the nine ones? And I looked him up and I was like, oh, okay, I feel like I'm going there this or this, And then I took it and I was like tech, it was like, you answered forty seven questions.
Speaker 1: Right for this one? Were you? Were you spot on with what you thought you'd be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, textbook?
Speaker 1: All right, Ennea Graham, go take the test. There's a free one that's thirty sixquestions to pay twelve dollars to do the one hundred and forty four question.
Speaker 2: It's interesting and I'm excited to wind down next week too. We got Sarah back next week with us, and we have a really awesome guest coming on Great Guess. Yeah, great guest. So thanks for winding down. This is fun.