Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of trend poll water a play on tadpole water, which is a growth uh TikTok weight loss tactic.
Speaker 2: TikTok w boss tactic that we're getting boss talk, What loss tactic? What the tadpoles?
Speaker 3: Just tadpole?
Speaker 4: That sounds honestly like a euphemism for something disgusting.
Speaker 2: I mean, not wrong, not incorrect.
Speaker 3: Is I mean? As I read it, I'm like, all right, it's actually.
Speaker 2: Not that bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it's like Boba water, you know, healthy bobbobo.
Speaker 3: Water, like Boner water.
Speaker 2: I was like, what boba you know?
Speaker 1: You know I'm always talking about Boner's as bobosh.
Speaker 2: Dude, I got a Bobo.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I can't be saying that to me, man, but I need say Boner dude, this is a.
Speaker 1: Bob And I just realized I am recording from my parents' house this week, and I just realized the door is open behind me.
Speaker 3: Jack, You're too old for that talk.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. Anyways, Miles, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great? How's your how's your mom's birthday?
Speaker 2: My mom's britt shout out to my mom.
Speaker 1: We did a party for her and I got to meet some of her friends from elementary school and they could dance. One of her friend's longtime friend was tearing up the dance floor.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun. Yeah, so yeah, it was. It was a great time.
Speaker 1: Saw a bunch of you know, cousins that I hadn't seen in a long time, and had a good old time. All the kids stayed home.
Speaker 3: All right, nice party on, party on mom.
Speaker 2: That's right, party on mom. All right.
Speaker 1: So let's see the RFK article. I finally read it cover to cover, and just one other detail. I mean, there's a bunch of details, like I feel like I'm forgetting a bunch of just wild shit that happens in the article.
Speaker 3: The track right now, the wild shit is coming.
Speaker 1: The wild shit is coming fast and furious. But one detail is that he seems to be fishing for cabinet positions inside the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is.
Speaker 1: A little unnerving though, So we did, you know, I think he met with Trump at the beginning of his twenty sixteen presidency and was like, yeah, we you know, he's really into my ideas. And then we saw that phone call where Trump called him and was like Robert, you know, that one. Yeah, what you say about the vaccines. You know, he's just basically paraphrasing the stuff it RFK says about vaccines being dangerous for children.
Speaker 2: And so this is all making sense.
Speaker 1: It sounds like the Trump administration is trying to or it sounds like the Trump campaign is trying to get him to drop out in exchange for a posting and the like, I'll just read from the article. They said, you know, we know that you take more from us than you take from Biden. This is back when Biden was still in the race. She recalled. This is someone from Kennedy's campaign. Trump and his team, she went on, had asked, Kennedy, is there something that.
Speaker 2: You would want to do?
Speaker 1: Oh god, Kennedy is not opposed to serving in a Trump administration Secretary of Health and Human Services, Fox Kennedy said, is an incredibly interesting one.
Speaker 3: Who's Fox Kennedy?
Speaker 1: Fox Kennedy is, yeah, yeah, I think they're you know, a hyphenated last name.
Speaker 2: They're not. Their name is not Fox Kennedy.
Speaker 3: And this is my kid Fox.
Speaker 4: After I ran over a Fox and I was like it might get after you. Yeah, wow, yeah, could you imagine like truly just a worst case scenario, Trump allies like we would be just the there are some prospects for what the next four to sixteen years look like that are just the nation on fire, hurdling off a cliff, right, And.
Speaker 1: These are some of those little details that just feel like, yeah, it can always get so much worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's like, not only would he be president, then you have anti VAXX hero RFK Junior, a lover of dead animals, be that Health and Human Services secretary. Yeah, like every all the illnesses that you would get in Oregon Trail are going to have a revival.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, The New York Times.
Speaker 1: I'm just like checking the New York Times front page to see how they're covering the election, and uh, they love nothing more than an uncommitted voter, which you know is a group of people that tells you exactly nothing because they don't really believe anything, so they're just but so it's it's like that section of the Onion, like Voices around Town or whatever, you know, where they have like man on the Street interviews with the same stock photos over and over again, but just you know, without the jokes, but with the same amount of content and information being conveyed right and.
Speaker 4: Also uncommitted, not like the movement to actually lean on the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: To no no, no commit New York that don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the New York Times doesn't pay to a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these are people who are like, I don't know, maybe from maybe maybe Harris.
Speaker 3: That's the person they're talking about here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what one of them says the irony of the Republican Party, saying, oh, it's just another liberal.
Speaker 2: I mean, Vance is just another hyper conservative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like I agree with that, but then uh, Kristin Morris sixty says, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Looking for somebody to throw me a bone here.
Speaker 1: Okay, It's like I don't I thought I understood where she was going at the beginning, but like, the the whole thing like is just it feels like they want a someone who is nothing, and I feel like that's the New York Times ideal. They're so centered that they don't have any idea that they they want somebody who has no ideals that could possibly offend anyone.
Speaker 4: Sure, they're like, I mean in this in this case, though, it sounded like this person's more just like, look, man, whoever's gonna fuck it out. It could be a fucking dead bear cub underneath a bicycle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Do someone throw me a.
Speaker 4: Freaking bone, freaking bone which would lead me to believe that Kristen, you are probably less inclined to maybe vote for a Trump ticket if you're if you're looking for a bone, because only people are gonna get well, actually you'll get boned. But if you're getting looking for a bone throw you you probably need to be in the top half percentile.
Speaker 1: She describes herself as a raging moderate but is undecided about whether to vote for tru raging moderate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where you look at that self description and you're like, well, you do have enough self awareness to be like enough with the attacks, like as if like a liberal party won't pick a liberal or conservatives won't pick a conservative, right, But also at the same time, but I don't know, there's something about Trump that maybe I might believe I might who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like people being like, yeah, I don't know, I don't like the pick, I don't like Wallstually, there's the best, the most resounding endorsement is like it's not a needle moving selection for me. That is a twenty nine year old social media influencer who is leaning toward voting for a third party, which I'm assuming that's RFK. Sharon Reid is a retired school teacher in Central Pennsylvania. Despite liking some of Trump's policies, she does not fully trust him, but she doesn't think Harris is ready to be president. And Sharon Reid said, he's been pretty liberal, so he's a good match for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, would you rather get on like have like get on in a car with someone driving who you go? I don't trust this guy or someone who you go? And maybe they could be driving a little bit more right, a little more driving experience to say, like you don't trust that's a pretty that's yeah, that's pretty bad. But again, hey, you don't want to say out loud that you are voting for Trump.
Speaker 1: Yes, but again, let's go interview people who think liberal is a slur and put their opinions on the front page of the New York Times.
Speaker 2: Sure without any.
Speaker 1: Ryan rivera Ryan rivera is the final one. And they said, I have not seen the news. I've been so busy with work.
Speaker 4: That's like the realist ship that they that's an actual persons, Like do.
Speaker 3: You think I give a fuck right now? Like I don't know someone who.
Speaker 4: Can make my life easier, but yeah, thank you for calling me New York Times.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, uh and let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And one thing like, well, I don't think we brought this up. When Beverly Hills Cop for Beverly Hills Cop axle F came out of the beginning of July, I felt like that it felt like a it should have been in movie theaters. It was like shocking to me that it wasn't in movie theaters.
Speaker 3: Are more people talking pretty positively about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it felt like like like, no, it was fine, it was good, Like it got like mid middling like review aggregator scores. But so dude, like Beverly Hills Cop two.
Speaker 4: You know, I love the worst Beverly Hills cop which is Beverly Hills Cop three.
Speaker 1: So but those were all like big hits, Like Beverly Hills Cop three wasn't a huge hit. But I really felt like this would have made a lot of money at the box office. Anyways, they just announced the streaming ratings streaming ratings like publish one month later, so we didn't know like how big, how well it did until this week. It was viewed for two point zero five billion minutes, which anything that crosses a billion is like pretty wild. And even if it's like a series and this is a single film doing the math on minutes, and like, you know how many times that was viewed. If each time it was viewed someone bought a movie ticket, it would have been one hundred and eighty million dollars in its opening weekend, obviously, Like that's not a one to one. I just feel like I don't know, I didn't understand why Netflix wasn't just trying to trying it out, Like I don't know, they have so much money, and like it would people would still watch it on Netflix afterwards. But it just feels like they've given up on the whole like putting a thing in movie theaters that people will actually go and see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they only do it just for awards eligibility, Like that's the only time typically you see like towards the end of the year, you're like, wait, this is a Netflix movie that's in the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, Like I would have been more likely to watch it in a movie theater than like as like a direct to Netflix. Thing. I don't know, is that just me because I bold still have the connotation of like a direct to video not as good.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think people of a certain age or like the new Eddie Murphy movie, Yes please, I would go to the one ticket for the Eddie Murphy movie please, and that like in that feeling for sure. But yeah, I just don't I mean clearly they you know, I don't know whether they feel like it's it's more beneficial to them to be able to get all these views through the app versus like making theater money.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's hard to understand what they're doing at any time.
Speaker 1: I feel like it would have Also, like when a movie is a nice sized hit in movie theaters, it creates buzz, like it has more of an impact, Like I don't know, like once they did a good job of marketing Beverly Hills Cop actual F I feel like like a lot of people knew it happened, but then like once it came out, it's just like silent because yeah, you know, people are viewing it in the like siloed you know, living rooms, so they're not there's just like not as much buzz. I feel like it would have been a better long term investment in the franchise to actually get it out there in theaters and like see it do well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 4: I saw this clip of Matt Damon recently where he was talking about how the mechanics of streaming has completely fucked up movies because in the back in the olden days, like you know, when your booring identity, like the first born identity comes out, you knew the second hit of revenue came when it came out on video. So the first hit is box office, second hit is video and you get and like so there's a whole other wave of interest that comes up with that. And he said because of streaming, people don't buy physical media, et cetera, et cetera. But like I feel like even just following that sort of like one two punch of like get the theater, like get.
Speaker 3: A little fun out there in the theaters.
Speaker 4: Have people talking about it, and then when it's on streaming people will watch again.
Speaker 3: Isn't that good enough?
Speaker 2: But right, yeah, I mean it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Matt Damon said that because he has a new movie coming out, The Instigators with Casey Affleck, that like is going directly to Apple TV aka a vault where movies go to not exist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, akah, I only just found out, like it the Apple TV.
Speaker 3: It's so hard to figure out shit on there like that.
Speaker 4: One truly, someone has to come to my house, scream in my face and tell me something is on Apple Plus or whatever because I have no id. I just started watching that Jake Jill Apple show Presumed Innocent or something whatever that is presumed innocence, I believe is what it's called.
Speaker 1: My sister and my brother in law watched that and said it was good. But and I was like, wait, huh, there's like a Jake Jill and Sorry Sage show. Like didn't know it existed at all.
Speaker 4: It took like it took like her majesty, five of her friends, three of mine, Like anyone, You're not watch to Presume Innocent?
Speaker 3: What huh? The new Jake Gyllenhall thing. No, I'm like, Peter, So you.
Speaker 1: Need an interventions level of like people talking to you and then you're like.
Speaker 3: Wait, this is a David Kelly thing.
Speaker 4: And then you're like, oh, how come I didn't know about this at all?
Speaker 2: They said it was really good. I might go check it out.
Speaker 3: I watched it.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's kind of trippy because like it's it's about this like DA's Office where one of the das is murdered and Jake Jillenhall is like looking into it, but then throughout it you're.
Speaker 3: Like, wait, did this dude do it right?
Speaker 1: So it's very like Jake has to make a big mistake. Yeah, exactly, not another teen movie reference because I am young and cool. All right, all right, speaking of young and cool, Yeah, there are a couple of TikTok trends about weight loss that I don't know. It seemed like they don't work. Maybe maybe this one does work because it poisons you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: So the two that are trending this week are Tadpole water and rice zempic.
Speaker 4: Tadpole Okay, this is I think offensive to everyone at every level. So Tadpole water, I guess, is warm water. You take a warm bottle of water, a couple of tablespoons of Gia seeds, and a squeeze of fresh lemon, and young people are saying they're claiming that they're shredding excess fat with this homemade concoction I shred okay? Is that because like there's like a little bit of like there's chia seeds in it, so that makes you feel fuller or something. Again, I think it's like it is this is this is where I think when you look at this next one too, rice zempic, you're like, oh, right, Like we live in this society that is like worshiping impossible body types. There are drugs that people are using to like lose weight rapidly, but some of those things are sometimes inaccessible based on your insurance or money or whatever. So now it's like we can't afford o zempic. How about rice zepic? And this is just as an Asian person who grew up washing rice all the time, like cooking rice. Basically to anyone who's cooked like cooked rice and knows you have to clean the rice off, it rints it out. They're saying, take all that murky water when you're like cleaning your rice off and just drink that.
Speaker 3: The starts you walk the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no yeah.
Speaker 1: And there there's actually a quote somebody asked a doctor which I don't know what century they're from some gator.
Speaker 3: Shit, dude, I don't want to hear this.
Speaker 1: That's a doctor like, is this does? Is this medically advisable? And the doctor said, uh, you know, there are also the chemicals and rice to consider. The reason we wash rice before we eat it is to remove ToxS arsenic, which is present at a high level in rice grains. There's a real risk that people who consume large amounts of rice water could be consuming harmful levels of arsenic. Yes, exactly, And now I feel too much like shit, I like a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of light arsenic poison.
Speaker 4: That's why it's like just kind of a grim trend, you know what I mean, like what people are chasing with tadpole water or rice zeenpic. Yeah, just like very kind of like look I I in Japan. People will be like, oh, you know what some of that startsy water, like it's good for skincare or like washing your hair or something that's not kind of out of the realm of what I've heard the possibilities are with like this rice wastewater. But like to then be like, yeah, just drink that because I read an article about these starches that are present in it and then that will help me feel.
Speaker 1: And now you don't have to eat food anymore. Yeah, Like I like chiasids, like what I like when they like kind of swell up and in a drink and kind.
Speaker 2: Of boba by it.
Speaker 1: As I was mentioning, give me a boner, but like not as a meal replacement, you know that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, not great, but just TikTok you know they TikTok loves like a new watt type of water, you know what I mean. Like if you like, we've always covered some weird version of drinking like like water like but just with flavor in it, and you're like, okay, sure, so yeah, let long made the trends last, so we may just look. And I think people who have ever washed rice are like, don't drink that.
Speaker 2: Don'tn't that's not don't do that.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, all right, So you take the water that you that it's called porch water, all right, So it's like you rinse off your porch, you know, after a lot of people walked on it.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just I'm just putting it out there like it could be the next the next wave.
Speaker 2: Well what you do, zempic?
Speaker 4: Yeah, put put buckets underneath your deck, pose it down and use a big push broom to scrub it down, and whatever collects in the bucket, drink that and.
Speaker 3: The bits of wood pull will make you an Olympian.
Speaker 1: I guess it's where we're headed, you know, falling the water wars, So we might as well just get used to collecting all the water and drinking Jesus.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that the trends continue, the trends continue.
Speaker 1: We're gonna all look so shredded after the water wars because we're like going to be so sick from drinking the soap water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's too real, too real.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending this Wedness Day, August seventh. We are back tomorrow with the Who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, get the blue shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,