Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. You code money moves that's colled money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wired text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by Cola Garth, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening in early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk. You begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with col of Guard tests. The colon Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, no liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures. Plus Coli Guard test is affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars, and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive coli Guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of order and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com, slash podcast. The colon Gard test is intended to screen the dose forty five and order at average risk of col director cancer. Do not use cold guard tests if you have had athenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of col directal cancer. Color Guard test is not a replacement for colnoscopies high risk patients. Color guard tests in adults forty five to forty nine is estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older. False positive and false neggaves can occur. Color Dark is available by prescription only. Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious voice on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to.
Speaker 2: There's nothing funny about it.
Speaker 3: Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile.
Speaker 2: Store location to learn more.
Speaker 3: Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you. Sorry I'm late. This is totally my fault. Meetings ran longer than I anticipated, and I didn't give Jordan my room key so that's on me.
Speaker 2: There's no excuse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm not about to make one for you, So I apologize sincerely, but I thank you guys for staying with Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Boost Mobile.
Speaker 3: Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boost mobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network today. O Joe, look at your boy boost Mobile sign on the road. Exactly. We pull out all the store when you signed off for Shape Media. There's no list we won't go through to make sure. Huh hold on, can.
Speaker 2: I can I get one of them? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, see what we got me? We have it a small discrepancy. Now this is the second time you got something something.
Speaker 2: I just got it today.
Speaker 5: But you listen, he sent you one. You're supposed to ask for two, two of everything.
Speaker 2: When you win the award. You asked for two awards.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, we're gonna make sure, uh, yours is at your grandma's house, so go away.
Speaker 2: There and get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, why you tell me that.
Speaker 3: Actually it was delivered two weeks ago, but that's not to hear the death. But anyway, we're gonna keep moving the right of the hong. Please please make sure you subscribe to the Night but the Night Help podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Make sure you hit that light button. Thank you, guys, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I was a little late today. Y'all know how I hate tardiness. I hate lateness.
Speaker 2: Oh, whose fault was it? What is your fault? It was my fault. Listen when I'm late.
Speaker 1: The few times I was late, you getting on me telling me I'm unprofessional. So technically you've been unprofessional.
Speaker 3: I was trying to see the difference seals. I was trying to make us some money. I was at some meetings, trying to make some money.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, hold on that. We're not gonna make excuses. No, you won't get money, yes or no. Let me let me finish. Let me finish. Regards to what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You knew you had to make us some money long before ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come, so you need to let me finish.
Speaker 1: You need to schedule whatever it is, whatever business you need to do ahead of time so that you are on time. This is unprofessional. You wouldn't do this at ESPN. Oh, you wouldn't do this at Club Sha Sha, but don't do it here.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely Club shape for this what I had to do today? Yeah, Club shashe would have got canceled again. They had to take a rain check.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hey, hey, hey, this sound good. Now talk to me ESPN two. Hold on, I call Steven A. Stephen A. Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to join you today.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, Okay, this sound good.
Speaker 2: Tell me why you don't even tell me? Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me what the deal is.
Speaker 3: But I tell you what it's gonna be af. It's gonna benefit to both of us that I can assure you that. Please make sure you check out Shade by Laportier. Uh we having a having him stocked in a bus if you can't find it an a city or state near you. To enjoy this beautiful season, there's no better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shade. Order it online.
Speaker 2: We'll shipping directly to your door.
Speaker 3: Please drink responsibly and guess what else, Guys be safe out there. Go follow my media company page on all of his platforms that Shayshape Media and my Clothing Company eighty four. We just dropped our Super Bowl Show super Bowl merch shirts and hats and bundled the linking pins at the top of the chat. Supplies are very limited, so please make sure you grab yours, because once they're gone on you, they're gone. O Joe, Before we get into our first topic, something happened yesterday and you wanted an opportunity to respond, So the floor is yours.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, listen. Listen.
Speaker 5: Cam Cam has some stuff to say, and I had to think about it.
Speaker 1: Then I had to listen to it and think about some stuff that was brought up from two years ago where I said, can you my man's and I'm coming for your spot. Now, I'm not sure how that's taking this, Hay, when all you have to do is understand that I'm saying I'm coming for your spot because I see you as the standard that is setting the bar in that spacific space. So you took that as an insult, which is weird to me. I'm not sure how you can do that. But if you check the motherfucker, if you check the numbers, what I said I've been gonna do, I've already done and surpassed that in this specific space. Now, he said, he asked me to come join them, you know, to do something with them, And I told him, you know, okay, you got to check with my people. You got to reach out to my people who when it was time for me to work with you?
Speaker 5: What did I ask you to do? Reach out to who?
Speaker 2: I talked to Dog? You talked to Dog?
Speaker 1: So boom we did, and you know, like that, that's the way I had a business.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want nothing through me.
Speaker 1: So I guess that was seen as a sign of disrespect because I chose to come over here with you.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now we brought up the issue with he talking about money and bags and how much you pay guest feature. You know how much we pay our guess features. Buddy, I ain't no guest feature. Well, I'm the main attraction.
Speaker 2: What is you talk?
Speaker 1: What did you talking about? I've always been the main attraction. There's a difference in your lane.
Speaker 2: You do what you do. I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm in completely different lanes and completely different rooms from you.
Speaker 1: Despite me always playing around and joking, it's different. For one, you wouldn't have been able to ford me to begin with. Let's start there, and I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm not trying to be disrespectful home, I think because I do everything entertaining, fun, laughing away, you kind of forget and don't really understand what's being done over here and how special what we have is. And that's no disrespect to them, because I like they show. I love it is what it is, because it's different than what we do. Their views, they got some high ones, but it's mainly about going at people and jigging at people.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Over here it's about having fun, entertaining and the stories completely different, two different shows. I love them, don't Yeah, Then you know Cam, he's a Harlem dude. I've been to Halem. My face is cleaning Halem most of the time. Those that I know from Harlem, you know, they don't act like that. He getting a little emotional for nothing, especially about.
Speaker 2: Stuff two years ago.
Speaker 1: Two years ago, and it was it was a sign of respect because I see you as the standard of what it is to be the best at in this space. Then the stephen A, the stephen A thing you talk about weird and I don't like you don't like my vibes listen for one the whole world.
Speaker 2: No, I'm joking and trolling.
Speaker 1: It's a funny story that wasn't even true to begin with, and you took that serious.
Speaker 2: So then now you're.
Speaker 1: Getting personal with the words and the talking. I post my location where I'm at every day. Un what you tell me to stop doing? Stop catching rides from the airport? Right, Yeah, everybody know where I am every single day, no matter what city I travel to, I'm outside all the time. If it was really an issue, or you really didn't like me and it was a problem, I'm easy to find, especially in Miami.
Speaker 5: If I'm not mistaken, you be here, y'all.
Speaker 2: Feel me here.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, I show everybody respect. Huh, I show everybody love. What's one problem that you've always gotten on me about doing a show like this, I don't do enough.
Speaker 2: What when it comes to talk about players, Yeah, you don't critique enough.
Speaker 1: I don't critique enough because I'm always showing love. I'm always showing respect no matter what. I never get out of the line with nobody. But the words that.
Speaker 5: Were displayed is if it's a personal issue.
Speaker 1: Now, if it's a personal issue, which I've never had with anybody because I always show everybody loved and respect. I'm easy to find because I'm outside always in Harlem too. That's the stop the grounds, right, I be a Ricardos all the time. Matter of fact, I'm gonna be in New York Monday. You're gonna be at Ricardos at five o'clock, to be exact. But it's it's it's alway. It's always love, no notver disrespect, and that's it. And I love you and I love and I love you unless you want to go another route.
Speaker 3: The way I look at it, don't you. I think you explained too much. You did what you did? Uh, you don't, You're not You don't represent yourself most people, that's why you hire representation. If you didn't want representation, you could have done it on yourself. And yeah, you could save three five ten percent, but you chose to have a representative that funnels everything through. I reached out the dog because I knew Doug was your representative. I didn't reach out to you first. I reached out to Doug. I said, hey, man, what's up with Ocho? Where are I want to run something by Ocho? Funny Ocho in town Hey, can we meet at the palm and such and such and such and such a time you showed up. I made the picture to you. You said, Uncle, I'm good. I said, well, listen, don only worry about the money. I trust you. So that was that's what. That's how we handle that.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 3: I said, look for people like man you, I said, bro, y'all gotta know what o Cho serious. And y'all got to know what o Jo joking. Y'all don't seem to know which is which. So that's on y'all. I know when he's joking. I know what he's being serious. But for me, o Jo and we had this conversation and you hit me up yesterday, I say, for me, I just let it rock.
Speaker 2: I felt just then you expl ain't too much? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I listen.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got sometimes you got you got the cleared air, right, you got you got the clear the air, Because then you have an issue.
Speaker 3: Right if he had an issue with you, he could have reached out the phone and he could have called you.
Speaker 2: That's that's how I know it wasn't an issue. It was it wasn't no issue. For real.
Speaker 1: You have a show to do. You have a he has a show to do. He has a show to do, and I understand that. I understand that. But the disrespect. You don't have to like me. I don't care by that part.
Speaker 2: Get in line.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of them, but the disrespect like that, and then you got the wrong people hearing it, and it's ruffling feathers.
Speaker 5: It really shouldn't be ruffling because I don't move like that, never.
Speaker 2: Have I think that they anyway.
Speaker 5: Hold on, oh and this is this is another thing.
Speaker 1: Hold on, then't talk about the money in the pocket watching I do. I have a question. Do they understand how many jobs I have? I'm just curious. You know, hunk, I got fifty left jobs. Then you you being slicking the mouth talking about if you need a job, I ain't hiring. No more on this me, What did you talk? What are we talking about? There's levels to everything. You in one lane, I got about fifty left of them.
Speaker 2: There's a difference.
Speaker 1: But because I play around and have fun with it, for some reason, you think we're on the same level.
Speaker 5: It ain't never been that. Even if you was in your prime, there's the difference.
Speaker 2: I would I wouldn't. I'm humble. We see. I am lad. But see what everybody was coming from.
Speaker 3: Oh you like, Oh, I tried to tell you they were gonna know you.
Speaker 2: What did I tell you? What I tell you I was? I was he enforcer? Right, you do it for.
Speaker 1: Listen, I said I was enforcer. I'm not saying anything wrong. I'm just addressing what was address towards me and a respectful way and a respectful way.
Speaker 2: Stamp right. That's a small reminder for me, O Joe.
Speaker 3: The reason why I stopped, and I said, I'm not going back and forth with nobody. And there have been a couple of guys still taking shots. They got too much money at stake.
Speaker 5: I'm not, hey, say it again.
Speaker 2: Too much money, too much money at stake.
Speaker 3: Master p and Gilly say, boy, say, if you ain't careful to trick you at your spot, they're not gonna get me at this spot.
Speaker 5: No, No, that that ain't even happen.
Speaker 2: So I wink.
Speaker 3: Whatever issue y'all may or may not have, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know anything about this. All I know is that oh, Joe, you and I, Hey, we do nightcap. We do what we do and we keep it moving. We don't talk about We don't talk about anybody else on their podcast, no matter what they say about us, no matter what they do, whatever their numbers are, whatever their views, whatever they downloads, whatever advertise or sponsorship, they have congratulations. Because there's what I know. Eighty percent of the money that's in circulation was printed in twenty twenty moving forward. So guess what if the government runs out of money, they'll print more. There's enough for everybody to choose to do this or nightcap or all the smoke, the pivot, it is what it is. Whoever a podcast, Pete, whoever have a podcast. There ain't no reason for us to be beefing Joe Rogan. Ain't be beefing with call or Daddy. They're not beefing with Caleb. They're not beefing with theo Von.
Speaker 1: I don't know why we got issues now, Listen, don't We don't have no issue.
Speaker 2: Got drill while we got addressing.
Speaker 5: Listen you listen, wait, listen to a minute.
Speaker 2: This is what you get. This is what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: You know, if somebody, if somebody says something, then it's it's our right to respond and listen to me.
Speaker 2: Let me finish that.
Speaker 5: In a respectful way, in a respectful way.
Speaker 1: What there's a misunderstanding because for one, like I said, what was said that tweet out two years ago, it was it was a sign of respect.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm coming for your spot because I see you as that.
Speaker 1: Address it now because it's it's it's good, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's not a it's not a bad thing. Uh you know.
Speaker 1: But but again, I always show love and respect everybody always. Now, you don't have to like me, but you will respect me. And if they're listen, if there is an issue, I post everywhere I'm at and will never change that everywhere.
Speaker 3: Well, can we move on now, because I think we've given them seventeen minutes too much about time?
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute.
Speaker 2: That that's what is about.
Speaker 5: It's what's about.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 5: You know, we love what they do. I love what they do.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 1: It's a funny show them boys, funny. You know, we got our own we got our own thing. We do our thing and our lane. Like you say, it's enough room for everybody meaning to let nobody trick us out our spots, especially about that money.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Because I got fitting them kids the raids and I got a goddamn new house I got to decorate.
Speaker 3: Now we'll be at were good. Huh, we're good. We're done with this topic. We done with this. Uh So, Chad, don't jump in there and something like did you see what he's said? I don't care. They can talk about me all they want to. Hey, I don't Choe. Hopefully Oo is done with this. He said what he said. Ocho responded, hopefully we can move on. But for me, I ain't got no issue with nobody. Like I said, I refuse to go back and forth. Uh, I don't feel really a need to whether or not they like us or like me or this like oh Cho, or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: I wish you guys nothing but the best.
Speaker 3: But I do know there's enough room for everybody to get to get a piece of this pie, and so that's the way I'm gonna approach it.
Speaker 2: So I wish you whoa, wha, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, come on with that humble shit. That's enough room for everybody to get the piece of the pie.
Speaker 6: But you know we're gonna get the bigger piece many oh Cho.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. That's enough room for the pie. But you know we're gonna get in the bigger piece.
Speaker 3: Last night, Luca. Last night Lucas showed the man. We ain't even talked about my new place.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to that. Let's get to the topic that.
Speaker 3: Last night, Lucas showed the Mavericks wht the decision to trade him coult Age horribly. He had his first career triple double the Lakers as a Laker. Finished you with nineteen points, fifteen rebounds, thirteen assists. There were chants and the crip thank you need Ko, Thank you need Ko. I don't know how much of the game that you watch, but I could tell Luca was a new little nervous. Obviously, he wanted to have a big game. And that's what you want to do when you play your former team, Ojo. You don't need to prove them wrong. You need to prove you right because you know what you can do. And Luca, with the exception of a game, what the game against the Nuggets, He's kind of struggled with his shot. It's gonna take him a while to get his legs, to get to get in the feel of things. He's learning a new offense learning obviously never played with a guy like Lebron, but this is gonna prolong Lebron's career. I can see Lebron playing another two three seasons after getting Luca. But watching Luca last night, he's special. Everybody knows it. He can pass out of the double team. You see, they did a great job. They tried to He got going early and then they trapped him, doubled him, blitzed him, wanted to get the ball out of his hands, and he made the right plays more time than not. But Lebron came to the rescue in the fourth quarter with sixteen points, sixteen huge points, made every right play, and it was a good win for the Lakers. Don't take too much sullens because they were playing without Anthony Davis, playing without Lively uh and it was also player without Daniel Gaffert.
Speaker 2: But I like the Maverage. I think the last Mavericks once.
Speaker 3: They get Luca, excuse me, once they get a D back healthy with Kyrie, and the way Kyrie can play off the pick and roll, the way a D can play in the pick and roll mid range, all three can score all three levels. I think the Mavericks gott got a good team. But I was really impressed with the Lakers and how they were able to finish this game off, even though the Maths were underhanded underman, Oh, Joe, let that go.
Speaker 2: We have moved on with that. What I see it, I see it. If you in your head, I'm focused. Hey, listen, I'm locked now. I'm locked now.
Speaker 5: Huh, I'm locked now, I'm listening.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about the bag. I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 5: I can't let nobody trigger me out my spot exactly.
Speaker 2: You're not hearing your trick, not your spot. I got you. He Can I tell you something? What you know?
Speaker 1: I heard somebody talking about like if if you know, if he if you need a job, you ain't hiring no more?
Speaker 2: You know, I just got a new job you gotta do. Where are you working at? Can I tell you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm seeing you on Monday. You're grad Thank you. I appreciate that inter fact. Hey, guess what else? Guess what else?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see you on Tuesday morning too.
Speaker 3: Today, the athletic reporter of the MAVs had an issue with Luca smoking hookah and drinking beer. Makes no sense to people who witnessed Lucas last days in Dallas do not paint a flattering portrait of the twenty five year olds professionalism. They called him lazy. They talk about the way issues that were such frequent frustration within those walls. They mentioned the social habits that Athletics has reported on, such as taste for beer and houkah, which have been a point of concern for NBA type since he was nineteen year old star for the Real Madrid who was entering the NBA Draft. They predict his basketball demise, highlighting healthy health history that is some will will likely lead to catastrophic catastrophe in the next five years or so. Damn dam Look he ye o choe. I mean he came, he was nineteen years old. He's been a professional since he was like sixteen. He's been playing. Look I've been. It seems to be the thing now, going to the hookah bar and the hookah lounge or whatever the case is, and you smoke.
Speaker 2: Who could have a good time?
Speaker 3: He clearly you remember last year he had a beer and Finley, Michael Finley took it out of his hand. I don't I don't know what's true. I think maybe I think two things can be true. I think they were scared to pay him three hundred and forty five million dollars. I also think they was concerned about his professionalism and the way he conducted himself, not only off the court, but on the court as well.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, wait on the court? Can that Luca on the court.
Speaker 3: They got tired of all the argument, all the mop and the okay, okay, listen, yes, yes, that's to me.
Speaker 1: I would think Luca reminds me of a great player I play with, arguing with the rest when he when he felt he deserved the call, he didn't get a call. He goes back and forth the rest, TJ. Who's Mazada? He reminded me of TJ. And most of the time, nine times out of ten, TV was right, especially when we went back and watching when we watched film and I'm gonna look at Luca. All I can see unc Luca plays the game a certain way, at a very very high level where he's top three, maybe top five in the NBA right now, Correct me if I'm wrong. So you mean to tell me, as good as Luca is, they don't want to pay him the money they want to pay him because he has an issue with beer. It has an issue with smoking hookah. Can I tell you what other players might be doing as well that might not display the same behavior but still getting their bag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can we think about you.
Speaker 1: You're an NFL player, you play, you played with linemen, linebackers.
Speaker 2: They drink, they smoke.
Speaker 1: But when it comes time to performing, When it comes time to performing, what do they do when they show up on Sunday? They do what you get the job done? Okay, they get the job done. I think that should be the bottom That should be the bottom line. Now finding reasons why not to pay someone is saying, well, you smoking hookah and you drinking beer is the reason we don't feel like paying you. But the production that you do want as a player for that franchise is showing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now it's hard for me to even talk about something like this when I don't drink at all, right, and I don't smoke no hookah.
Speaker 2: Now my issue is cigars.
Speaker 1: So it's hard for me to kind of interject and understand where people will come from.
Speaker 5: When the main go For me, the main thing is always the main thing.
Speaker 2: What are you doing once you touch the field or once you touch the court.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm paying you for now, what you choose to do in your own time, that's on you. Now when it affects your play and your production, Now we got a problem, right.
Speaker 3: I think the thing is is that they felt Luke of being the leader, he should be a little bit more professional as far as okay, don't smoke. I like I said, this is speculation, O Joe, and I hate speculating and conjecturing, but yes, sir, for them to get off a player that's twenty five years of age, that's a five time All NBA player at this juncture of his career, he has more first team All the NBA selections than Lebron did, and he's the quickest to five thousand points when Lebron James was the quickest of one thousand all the way through thirty five thousand, forty thousand, he was the quickest, and he's three games ahead of what Lebron was at the five thousand point pace. With that being said, Ojo, I think the thing is there's a combination that there's a lot of things that work here. Paying him seventy million dollars a year until he's age thirty. The habits because guess what those habits as you start to get aged. Now your body starts to break down and we're on the hook. We see now all of a sudden, that three year extension for Joel and bad that one ninety three.
Speaker 2: It ain't looking too good, is it, ojo It ain't so.
Speaker 3: And that's how you have to And for me, Look, I'm always gonna be pro player because I always want them to get their money because the team making money. But as being a business owner myself, you understand there's certain things you try to protect yourself against down the road. Okay, So, and people always like pay pay pay. It's easy to say when it's somebody else's money.
Speaker 2: That's his money.
Speaker 3: Imagine when you and when some of you feel somebody's trying to take advantage of you. I give you like somebody's working and you look, man, you're trying to overcharge me.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: But if it was somebody else money, you would pay it in this situation, and there might be there's some truth on every side, maybe Luca.
Speaker 2: I don't think Luca.
Speaker 3: Everybody ain't gonna have the work ethic as Lebron, Kobe and Jorge. Okay, let's go ahead and clear that out. There's a lot of people do things a lot of different ways. There's more ways to get to the bottom of something than just going straight to it. With that being said, I understand I might not agree with it, but I understand the Mavericks take we got to pay this guy seventy million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you, I got you. I understand Luca's like and now, and maybe this is what Luca needed O Joe.
Speaker 3: Maybe he maybe like because I don't know if Luca realized how good he can be. Because once you start having sucess, you remember, like you, when you worked out really hard that first offseason and you had that success, you became obsessed with having that level of success. So it was nothing to get oo when somebody said, oh Yo, come up, nah bro, I gotta go get this work in this morning. I gotta work on these these ladders. I gotta work on the cone drills. I gotta work on this high hand eye coordination. I gotta get that done. Who can't gonna never have nobody like Lebron He ain't gonna have nobody like the White Howard. He ain't gonna have no caps on his shoulder. He gonna look like that. He gona he get in shape, hes gonna look like Yo Kich. So if y'all think he's gonna have caps on his shoulder like Lebron, I mean and Dwight Howard, that's not what he is, right, But I do think. I do think now when you get traded, you get released, it's a wake up call cause you know you're feeling good.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why he was so hurt by because think about this shook the This shook the NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, they said, never have a player of this caliber been traded that didn't ask for a trade. Kareem as for a trade, rights for trades, as for this.
Speaker 2: You know, you know it's funny.
Speaker 1: You gave me your you gave me your perspective of being a business owner and not want to invest that kind of money in the player. But to me, it's still some type of red flag where I'm really not believing the reason you don't want to invest that type of money based on the accolades that you just ran down. This young bull has been able to do in such a short amount of time. It got to be more to it than some goddamn beer and hooker it got to be more to the what.
Speaker 2: They called him lazy.
Speaker 3: They talk about the way the issues there was such a frustration of frequent frustration within the walls. They mentioned in Social Habits that the leg has reported on taste of beard and hookah, which had been a concern for NBA type since he was nineteen. So he came into the league and you know you had. But the problem with Oho, they say they predict is basketball demise.
Speaker 2: Highlight the health.
Speaker 3: History that and some see it will likely lead to uh a catastrophe in the next five years or so.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Oh sho, Just what we know, Oh sho, just what we know?
Speaker 3: Having played the game, those teams see when players think they're doing something and the team doesn't know, that's where they run a foul at. When you got that kind of money, you tell me what Dallas cowboyd player is doing something that Jerry doesn't know about.
Speaker 2: They know everything. Jerry got the police.
Speaker 3: That's why everything, the little foul stuff that they can handle. NFL team they have FBI level security. They know everything. So we tell me, oh, we're gonna do our homework. We're gonna read a week.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, hold on, They are funny you talking about Jerry. We' talk about all thirty two, Yes, all thirty all thirty.
Speaker 2: Two teams in the off season right now.
Speaker 1: Wherever you are in the world, they know what you're doing, they know who you hang around, they know who you like the goal, they know what you're spending, they know everything.
Speaker 2: It's different, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: And so it's gonna be very interesting to see Ojo because we got some guys coming up. Jared Jackson Jr. He's coming up in line. He wins the Defensive Player of the Year. He's eligible for a supermax five years, three hundred and forty five million. We're about to find out he's not as crudential as Luca.
Speaker 2: Wait, how how much again?
Speaker 3: Five years, three forty five which is sixty nine million a year, fully guarantee.
Speaker 2: It's too late for me to play who. It's too late for you to play who. Ojo should have got into that thing a little early. Here's the problem, Ojo.
Speaker 3: If the problem is is that, let's just say, for the sake of argument, none of this is true. You're selling the man's reputation. He's selling the man's reputation. Now we've seen it. But now because we've seen him smoking hookah and drinking the beer. They kind of, you know, they kind of dodged the bullet because they got him on camera. Smokers who they drinking a beer? So you're hard to suit for defamation?
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 5: Can I just something who don't.
Speaker 1: Drink bill outside of me? What athlete doesn't what athlete don't drink alcohol outside of me? What athlete doesn't smoke hookah outside of me?
Speaker 2: Hookah weed? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, we come on, now, what we talk about? I understand now, I understand both sides. I got you, but I'm just saying using that as and then lazy and social issues and like.
Speaker 5: What does that have to do with playing.
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: From the business side of things, I understand, what are you doing for me?
Speaker 7: Every year?
Speaker 5: You tell me all the time. In the NFL players, every year they got to.
Speaker 2: Update their resume and every year update he is man, Man, I'm surprised. I'm surprised they got the desk mother. People say that they would have just given them the money. Boy who.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be interesting, I think moving forward, Oh Joe, we need to pay attention to this because if Luca don't get in the Super Mac.
Speaker 2: Who the hell gonna get it?
Speaker 7: Joh?
Speaker 2: Who Anthony Edwards, Shane.
Speaker 3: Shae, Shae can get I think Shae can get that.
Speaker 2: Ain't that ain't enough?
Speaker 3: I think I think you can get I think you can get Tony or a.
Speaker 2: Five for two ninety. I think.
Speaker 3: Right at right at sixtier year. Uh hm, I have to check my mouth. I know Jared Jackson is in lying for that. Uh Jared Jackson Jr. His father is the senior. So it's gonna uh uh, it's gonna be very interesting to see coming down the pipe. Who gets that? Because it's three forty five now, it's about it's gonna go to three eighty, it's gonna go to four hundred.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna get five years? Four one hundred million? Who do you think? It's curious? Winby?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, understandable, right rightfully.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: In the room. Look hold on, Joe, you're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, chat chat chat y'all, y'all good, y'all good.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I feel good. I feel good. I got got I got got got.
Speaker 7: Me a new job.
Speaker 1: And let's see all Monday morning. Let's see all Monday and Tuesday mornings. Outside of that, I feel good. Hey, Chad, I look good too, Like this ain't just a camera. Hey, y'all see me, chat chat. I love y'all, chatd.
Speaker 2: I love you. If y'all need anything, all you got to do is ask. Okay, now I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 1: But just the thoughts of me being there for you and the time I need is better than anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't, I don't know what I'm doing. Unk handles some venis this must be about money. D Wade, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: D Wade says the first moment he thought Lebron might leave my ammate is when pat Riley took his cookies. Let's take a look at what Wade had to say that was.
Speaker 8: Funny moment, that this was the first moment where I had an inkling that le Bron may not be back.
Speaker 2: One thing you don't do is Lebron cookies.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: He was serious, like he loves chocolate chip cookies, like chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. He loves right And so when he gets on the plane, Bron walks on the plane with a bag of food. One bag is all cookies and the other bags are what his chef has prepared for him to eat because he eats a certain way.
Speaker 2: He don't eat what's on the plane. Yeah, but you know he have his cookie.
Speaker 8: So we get on the we get on the we get on the on the plane and we play cards at the front of the plane.
Speaker 2: We play cards.
Speaker 8: And then at some point bron gonna be like, hey, bring me those cookies. And this one day he was like, hey, well my cookies at and they had to come up there and whisper is in tell them that when no more cookies on the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that set back away from me hand.
Speaker 8: He pushed that table that cars back. He sat there quiet, doing his head like this. I was looking at him like he ain't played cards no more. He's sat there like this.
Speaker 3: You see you see what that see in that cost pat Riley. See pat Riley is trying to try to show I run the show.
Speaker 2: Not look at you too much as too much, too much, too much.
Speaker 3: You mean to tell me, you try to prove a point, So you take the man cookies.
Speaker 1: Hey, you never bother person's never bother person's flow. All in which way they travel a routine in which they like to eat, in which they like to prepare you never do that. That has nothing to do with the game of basketball. I understand trying to set a precedent. I understand control, you know, but over amusing your power. Come on now, so hey, I have a question. You think that's a chance you think that might have been the last straw?
Speaker 3: Yes, because there Look, there are some things that Lebron wanted, like like uh uh Maverick and Randy, potentially traveling on the planes, having access like that he had in.
Speaker 2: Cleveland, so forth and so on.
Speaker 3: We know pat Riley limited that if he didn't mix it all together. Okay, fine, probably, But here's the thing. You knew that when he came in there because Lebron team, Lebron's gonna lay out what he expects. When he went to the Lakers, he told Magic Randy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, b Bill plane gonna travel Rich Father Da da da da, Maverick da.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to do.
Speaker 3: I'm sure when Tom Brady went to Tampa, I need my Galax to be here. I need him to have to be able to set up so forth and so on. Okay, you knew that.
Speaker 2: You knew that you get the man there.
Speaker 3: It's almost like a recruiting visit. Oh yeah, you're gonna start. You're gonna start once I get your ass on Campa. You known signed that letter intent I do what the hell I want to do? Now you can't do that anymore. Them guys jump in the portal on your hands. Excuse me, didn jump into portolo your tell o, Joe, and then you you you in trouble. But I don't get this pat Riley. I mean, there are some things that he said about he was telling Phil Jackson and Phil Jackson, Uh he got up like Lebron wanted to stay and then like uh for Thanksgiving blah blah blah. And I just but I can I can see now, I can see now, m M to do that. That's petty, right.
Speaker 2: That's you. That's you trying to show I run the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean see, And that's unnecessary because very think about Lebron staying a few extra years in Miami.
Speaker 2: How many more.
Speaker 1: Rings do they get? But you sacrifice that because you want to prove a point. It's showing that you're looking power and you want to over over abuse it. And even now the stuff with Jimmy Butler. Yeah, I'm not saying Jimmy's right. I'm not saying Patt is wrong because internally I'm not there. But there's always an issue where there's a power struggle. It shouldn't be a power struggle. You'd be wanting to do one thing everybody. The main thing should be the main thing. If you're part of the Miami Heat, pat Riley's main goals, you would want to be winning championships on the court.
Speaker 2: To do so ojo.
Speaker 3: If cookies was the issue, do you know how many cookies would be on that damn plane?
Speaker 2: Oh? I got you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you know? Yeah? What? What?
Speaker 3: Where do you want the cookies from? Are these gourmet cookies that we need to go to a special shop or these regular chips a whole or some type of chocolate chip that we can buy from a local GOLs store. I just need to know Lebron what it is, because I promise you there is not a superstar player in any sport. Let me ask you a question. If chel wayns Tony shows up and says he wants something special, they're going to have. If he says there's a Japanese cuisine that I need to have before every and I need to make sure when we travel I have it.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you they're gonna have it. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: If Patrick mahomes, Joe Burrow, if whatever Superstar player, if Shape goes to ok See. I don't know what the delicacy is in Oklahoma, I though I've only been there once, but I guarantee you if Shane says I want this on the plane, We're gonna have that. I mean, lik od me. I said, Mike, we want to watch the fight. Mike would have it. Mike, we won't need this on the plane. Mike would get it. You mean to tell me you took Lebron James cookies for what.
Speaker 2: If the man's if.
Speaker 3: If Lebron's overweight, I said, hey, bro, you need to cut back on these. When is Lebron James not been in shape? We marvel at his body and you're twenty two. We've done that since he was gotten to the league as an eighteen year old rookie.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's not a time that Lebron has not been in shape. But like you said, said, this was a power trip. Yeah, you won the battle, you lost the war.
Speaker 1: Pat That's not that's unfortunate, that's unfortunate. Now we don't even have a chance to come out to the East. I think we matter of fact, we're still coming out the East.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you know you're not. Y'all can't beat Boston. Y'all can't beat Cleveland. Y'all can't be what we can't what beat Boston, Cleveland or the Knicks not on the seven game series.
Speaker 1: Y'all might want a game, but y'all didn't winning seven games. Y'all not winning game. I know, I just I just want to get excited. I just want to get excited.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need, we need, we need two more pieces.
Speaker 2: And you god, d Wade explains it.
Speaker 3: D Wade said he knew he was upset, so that man pushed back from the table and he didn't play cards no more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's messing. Don't mess up a routine.
Speaker 1: Don't mess up a routine that I'm probably thinking about how long he Lebron been doing that routine of having those he's on that flight.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, man, man, let me get up out of here.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I've heard this is d Wade is not the first person that I've heard Lebron crazy about chocolate chip cookies. Right, and to do that, I thought that was Patty. I think it was unnecessary better, I think it was pat Ridley tried to prove a point that I run this show and if I don't want no cookies on this plane, ain't gonna be no daddamn cookies on this plane.
Speaker 2: And Lebron said, you know what, You're right, your this your ish. Yeah, I take my show on the road, and he did exactly that. Kevin and Rand is expected to be traded this offseason.
Speaker 3: Bill reports the Mavericks have shown interest in paying him and Kyrie and A D.
Speaker 2: What's Katie's best landing spot?
Speaker 7: Oh ya, you want me?
Speaker 3: Called him, asking real quick, I've tried to figure out who got the assets.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, This's gonna be funny. Let me see if he answer, Well, he probably played now they played last night.
Speaker 3: Man, if they can play him, if they pair him with Katie, Kyrie and a D.
Speaker 2: What in Dallas?
Speaker 5: Yes, your call has been forwarded to voicemail theirs.
Speaker 1: Damn, he answered, He probably probably saw my name and they answered her. Purpose Man, he probably watching the show. Listen, do you think what's the chances Let's say, if Kevin Durant is able to go to Dallas with Kyrie? What's they What do you think their chances are at a winning a chip?
Speaker 2: A great chance? A great chance? You sure? I'm positive?
Speaker 1: So that's the one piece of the puzzle that's Listen, you pair KD with when you pay, you pair KD with a D and Kyrie? Hell yeah, oh ship, I'm tripping. What listen, I'm tripping. I'm forget, I'm forgetting a D is there I'm talking about? But how that's a two headed monthy? I'm man, that's a three headed month. I just thought about that. Hold on, hold on, stay with me. Now, why not go over there over there in l A with Luke and Brown?
Speaker 3: I don't think I don't think he wants to pair with Braun. I think he wants to compete against Braun. I think a lot of people are surprised that he played with deaf normally historically transcending great players don't go pair with other words.
Speaker 2: But plus, Lakers don't have anything to give up. They don't have any draft compensation.
Speaker 3: Okay, had they saved though that conversation, what they gave up for us to get Russ? They gave up all those assets, they would have had some assets and who knows. But I think in order for them, in order for the Phoenix, they gave him a lot to get KD. They gave him a lot of picks. They're gonna try to clost some of that thing back. I think Book is the only untouchable. He was drafted there. They traded Bradley. Bill's gonna have to waive his no trade if he if he's gonna go somewhere, We'll see how that pans out. But KD is is the piece that they that can they can extract the most draft capital and players for because I don't think Book, I don't think they're moving Book. Okay, I mean I met I met uh the Sons owner, Matt Ishma. I went to the w NBA All Star Game and had an opportunity to meet with him and talk to him, and he was great. But I know he wants to win. You spend that kind of money with Joe. I'm trying to win. I ain't trying to win. I'm trying to win yesterday, damn tomorrow, yesterday. So and KD gave me and said, look, I cost a lot. You know, the come in there at the middle of the season, not having any you know, time time to work, all right, but I think KD wants to win a championship. Uh, and he's gone to right two places and it hadn't work that well, Brooklyn it was not a success. Phoenix is not a success.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, I really I really thought that stopping Brooklyn boy, I thought them boy was gonna be hell boy.
Speaker 2: They I thought them gonna be hell It would.
Speaker 3: Have been interesting had the situation well, you know, he got first of all, when he got there, he was hurt, so he didn't play the first year OJO and then Kyrie got nixed, so Kyrie didn't play. So they're playing good, you know them and hardened and you know hardened like tweak his hamstring.
Speaker 7: Mm.
Speaker 3: Kyrie steps on somebody's ankle and that's the second year, and they got beat in the uh divisional round.
Speaker 2: The Simi fins the next.
Speaker 3: Year, you know, with that COVID issue, and it just Harden gets traded.
Speaker 2: They move on from Kyrie.
Speaker 3: Uh. Katie's like, Brian, y'all are gonna leave me here by myself. I see where y'all going, Let me go elsewhere. Boom boom, and he ends up in Phoenix. James Harden Uh who goes to Philly Now he's in the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Kyrie gets traded in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Kyrie wanted to go to go to la but they was ticking the Kyrie and it was not gonna trade him where he wanted to go. He lands in a good spot with Luca in Dallas and the rest is as they say history. But Kevin Durrant with the Dallas Mavericks with a D and Kyrie, Oh yeah, championship there. Yeah, they're gonna beat first or second favorites to win the championship. Oh yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 3: They got a guy that can the commanded back in now. It all depends on how much they got to give up. But even if you got to give up, I mean, they're gonna probably want all you all your picks for the first sear of the future, which you don't care about because you feel you're gonna be picking way down so there's not.
Speaker 2: Gonna be in the lottery.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: So they're gonna want a bunch of unprotected picks. They're gonna want pick swaps. Uh, probably players.
Speaker 2: Right, So listen, they gonna they gonna make it. They're gonna make it happen. They gonna make it happen.
Speaker 1: The fact that it's coming out, you know, this early, and now you got to have that on your mind, and you know, obviously block it out and finish the season, you know, the right way.
Speaker 2: That's crazy how that happens.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, okay, oh jo parody accounts or Morning Via Today, The NBA Sentail seems to have been shut down on Twitter. All right, did you ever get sentil Did you ever get like that stuff that you're like many it.
Speaker 1: Got me once, they got me once, They got me once, and listen, it's always something funny too. Yeah, that was that was a very entertaining account. And if you didn't pay attention they get there, they'll trip you up.
Speaker 3: Yeah what uh why do you think? Ask what what happened? Oh, somebody's probably sew them, she says. Yeah. Man, they took the whole account down.
Speaker 1: So I mean you think they got suspended normally normally accounts get suspended on your curse.
Speaker 2: And you you.
Speaker 3: For for Twitter first of all twitters like the Wild Wild West that mean anything goes I mean they I mean you can't even block nobody now they can still. I mean they can't respond to you, but it used to be you blocking them. They couldn't see your content. They still can see. They can't respond anymore, but they still can see. Uh yeah, Twitter's the wild wild West. Twitter is anything go yeah x x.
Speaker 7: X.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, anything goes now, oh Joe.
Speaker 3: So for them to to remove it themselves or have someone remove it, yeah yeah, I mean you could damn to do anything you want to on X and uh.
Speaker 1: Hey, matter of fact, man, yeah, you listen, you got a boy. When you open X in public, you gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to be careful. If you got your if you got your sound up.
Speaker 1: By you listen, you open up and you open up Twitter, X whatever you want to call it, and porn just be popping up all the time.
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't get that. I mean people up said that, but I don't get that popping up on my ass. You don't know. Hey, hold on, did you follow him? It's being nasty?
Speaker 1: No, you ain't gonna you know, she gonna slide your DM if you don't follow her back.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I want my count, I want my cout shut down like a nbas entail.
Speaker 2: Now, you ain't gonna get shut down. Hey, don't be scary, man. You got to stand on business.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: You just shot your shot.
Speaker 5: She didn't shot back, now you.
Speaker 2: Y'all and limbo what you're scared of? Did it go in? You scared? Nah?
Speaker 5: It ain't go in until you until she Hey, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like you could tell me we family pretended chat ain't here?
Speaker 2: Are you nervous about? What? I mean?
Speaker 1: Does she make you nervous after seeing her content? Does that make you nervous being that she's so experiencing you? Not ready for that?
Speaker 3: I ain't seen the content. Oh, I had been on the content may not go to Hey, you see you try to keep me going on to content? Then that then what's you call them? They shut my account? That?
Speaker 2: No, they ain't gonna listen.
Speaker 1: No her, I mean her content that that that that it's okay, that's welcomed, you know on the site.
Speaker 2: You know Elon Musk said it's.
Speaker 1: A freedom, uh what freedom of speech and freedom of expression. Yeah, so those that do that type of content, you know, I salute them, I support them, and I'm with you as far a feedom of expression. And that's your body and what you like to do in the private of your home home. You want to make it public, so be it. But you need to check out our content. You would probably answer, and you'd probably answer a DM.
Speaker 2: Oh if I check out the content out of answer yesterday, Hall, Yeah, when you would answered last year.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm just saying, yeah, that parody accounts, got a lot of parent of accounts, get a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's that, man, that that seems so real.
Speaker 2: And then you look at it like, man, this they got me.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, yeah, my girl the goat DT downer to Rossi announced her retirement during her twenty seasons of profession in a professional career, four years in college early in two thousand, all she did and winning. She played an entire w NBA career with the Phoenix Mercury, which drafted her first overall in two thousand and four in the w NBA Draft. She retires from the sport as the w NBA's all time leading scorer score ten thousand, six hundred and forty six points and in three point shooting one thousand, four hundred and forty seven.
Speaker 2: Salute DT. Real deal, I mean, in the real deal, I mean she won three nationals.
Speaker 3: She won three national championships at Yukon, she was a Most out Standing Player, she was College Player of the Wooden Award winner, she was State bar She's I mean, she is as credentialed as you can be. She's an MVP. She's a three time champion with the Mercury. She's the Finals MVP. I mean, her resume is complete. Her resume is complete. DT gets to walk away from the game. She walks away on her turns. Twenty years is a long time hold on. I think what you can play twenty years? Didn't Sue Bird also play twenty years? I think they might have been team. They might have been teammates for a year or two at Yukon. But DT, so loot job, career well done, You walk away over your turns, and you know, I think she was alluding to it. Two Birds played nineteen seasons. Okay, so right now, DT has the most seasons in WNBA history at twenty. She gets to walk away on her terms. Oh, Joe, and I think that's that's important. Any money don't do Did she want to put the work in of what's required to go through another w NBA season, another forty games? To put that kind of to do that all over again. Yes, I guess you said no.
Speaker 1: Mmm, And when you think about it, there's really nothing else for her to accomplish.
Speaker 3: No, because winning another championship, Oh Joe, doesn't change And that's what I look at. Does winning another championship change the way you feel about said individual? Lebron James can win three more MVPs and three more MVP or three more anything, uh, and people gonna still say Jordan Kobe or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, I definitely don't think there's nothing Diana DT could have done that's gonna change the perception.
Speaker 2: Right, phenomenal college career, I mean when it comes.
Speaker 3: To college career, I mean only who Breonna Stewart that won for national championship.
Speaker 2: She was a four time most Outstanding Player.
Speaker 3: As far as you know the college game, ain't a whole lot of women that can say they got a better collegiate resume than DT. With the championships, the winning the envy, the player of the years go number one overall. Right, Damn, you kind of had a bunch of players go number one overall. DT went number one overall. Uh, Maya Moore went number one overall. Team of Charles went number one overall. Uh, Paige Becker's was probably gonna be number one overall.
Speaker 2: Who else with number one overall? Oh? Breonna Stewart with number one overall.
Speaker 3: I would be add the Sue Bird or Rebecca Lobo with number one overall, but their story franchise college program DT. Man, congratulations man, congratulations doll, great great great great great great career. Glad, I got chute to meet you, Glad to say I know you and enjoy retirement. Oh yeah, you khn have five number one overall picks Sue Bird down of to ROSSI tena, Charles Maya more Brianna Stewart. I believe what you call him is gonna be number six Page Beckers, so absolutely. I mean they had ten of Charles in twenty ten, mile more than twenty eleven Brianna Stewart in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Sue burd went number one.
Speaker 3: Overall in two thousand and two DT two thousand and four, then Tima, Charles Maya Moore, Breonna Stuart.
Speaker 2: Hey, how long? Now you know what this is? It is a good question that I don't know about when it comes to the w NBA.
Speaker 1: You know how NB, I mean college, the male college students one year and they can leave.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's the rule for for for I think they gotta stay.
Speaker 3: I think they gotta stay the whole while the whole four I think so.
Speaker 1: You think you think there are any any collegiate w NBA players that are ready to leave before they even reached their senior year.
Speaker 3: Juju Watkins is ready to go. Breonna Stewart was ready to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, okay, okay, Hey, you know what, and I there's a young lady. I don't know her last name, and I'm sorry for the disrespect, but I continue to see your highlights all the time. When I tell you this young lady has a package like Kyrie Irving in college, you got to know who it is from South Carolina? Man, Oh well, I don't know what she learned to play basketball or Jesus.
Speaker 2: Christ o Joe.
Speaker 3: To be eligible for the WNBA draft, a player must complete four years of college or turn twenty two years of age during the year of the draft.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think they has changed that rule, especially for the players that are much more polished than others that are actually ready to leave school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, who, I think what you call them left early. Cannas Parker, She's the only one off the top of my head, right she left year. I think Cannas left for junior year. Okay, but I know she had a lot, but I mean she had went back to back national championship. She was lost, that was most outstanding player. She was a College Wave Player of the year. She was Wooden't Player of the Year. And if I'm not mistaken, look that up as we'll get back to it. But I actually think that, uh, she left early. The volume