Speaker 1: Oh, it's nice to talk about a win, and we get to do that on this edition of Birdland Territory as the O's got in the win column final game of the series against the Cubs, winning at three to two today on that huge pinch you two run double by Jeremiah Jackson in the bottom of the eighth of the O's avoid the sweep. They are forty three and fifty one with the Royals coming to town for the final game of the first half. Steve Malski, Tim barblay S bred Rock with you today Birdland Territory. Glad you've joined us for the show. We're here three times a week. Hope you subscribe to our channel. Keep us getting closer to one thousand and right out at the top of your guys, we want to promote the fact that we will have a first coming soon for us, and that is a mail bag show where we take fan questions and as you can see on the screen, you can submit him right here to YouTube the comments section. You can also go to our Twitter account Birdland Territory on Twitter and send questions there. You could send them to Tim and I on our individual Twitter accounts that we have, so there's a lot of ways to get to us, and we'll see your questions and somewhere here soon we'll compile a bunch of them and have a show where it's simply responding to what you, guys, are royal viewers, ask us to talk about. So this is your chance to have real participation in this show. Tell us what you want us to talk about. Trade deadline is obviously going to be hot. It's going to be hot in this show, by the way, in just a few minutes, so if you're waiting for that, you won't have long to wait here today. But guys, right out of the top here, let's talk about the Ools getting a win today and Trevor Rodgers being good again today. This guy's really pitching great Brad and Tim, and he pitched them to a win today. Six innings, eighty nine pitches today for Trevor Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just continues to be extremely efficient too while he's out there. I mean, I feel like last five, six seven outings he's had, it's been a minimum of six run or six innings and you know three runs are less. He's been really, really good, I think since the beginning of June is and he's just been He's been great for them. He's given them a chance to win, especially today when the offense was taken a while there to get going. He kept it at one nothing there that entire time and gave him a chance to kind of add on there once they kind of gave up the lead.
Speaker 3: But you can't say enough about Trevor Rodgers.
Speaker 2: He's really After that struggle there he had, I'd say, if you're bringing the season up right now half of the year, that little struggle he had there in the middle, I mean, he's been phenomenal.
Speaker 4: It's been remarkable this turnaround, guys, because it's been the first three starts of his season really really good, all quality starts, and then the month of May was just a complete disaster for him. He had an ERA of a ten to three to one ops of nine to ninety six off of him. We outlined all the stats, you know, the damage that opposing batters were doing with two strikes with two outs, but Steve just flashed the graphic up there. His last seven starts, it's a sub two era. This is the Trevor Rodgers of last year. And Brad, I wanted to get your thoughts in particular, on his four seam fastball, because to me, when you look at the numbers and you break it down month by month, that's been his biggest difference. His fur seemer opposing batters slugging percentage in May seven eighty six. In the month of June it was a two seventy three slug off of him. He had a thirty one percent with rate on that four seemer compared to sixteen point four, so almost double. Is there anything different you're seeing with his four seam fastball, Brad, And I know the velocity, especially his last start, had an uptick.
Speaker 5: He hit ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the velocity going up a little bit is helpful, but I think it just got back to him. I think he was kind of messing with his slid and the sweeper, and I think he was trying to throw almost too many breaking balls, and I think he just got back to being the pitcher that he is, which is foreseen change up. And I mean he got guys with just bad swings all day on the change up. And I think the change up in the four steamer have just gone hand in hand. I don't see anything that's really jumped out to me. I think his location has gotten a lot better. He's gotten out of the middle of the zone and he's gotten it to where he likes to throw at the top of his zone.
Speaker 3: But he's been getting to the edge is.
Speaker 2: A lot better than when he was struggling there in May, and I think that's really been the biggest difference. Like I said, watching those starts where he struggled, it was one or two pitches.
Speaker 3: It felt like I know, we talked about it.
Speaker 2: He can never say with the pitcher it's been one or two pitches, but it really felt like it was one or two pitches away. He just stayed out of the middle of the plate. He's kept damage down anytime he's given up pits. I feel like it's been mostly singles, and he really hasn't hurt himself at the walk, So I think it's just kind of a combination of everything.
Speaker 3: Getting ahead with.
Speaker 2: That four seamer has been tremendous for him during the stretch, and I think that's maybe.
Speaker 3: Been the biggest difference.
Speaker 2: To be able to get back to his best pitch, which this is a change up, and just throw that more often. And when you do the push pull, you've wrinkled in a couple Austu pitches here and there. That's where success comes from from what I see for him, and he just got back to doing that better. That's really all it comes down to is the execution just got better.
Speaker 1: Really good lately for the Ools, much needed and you know their rotation is given them twelve quality starts the last twenty two games of three seventy era. That's playoff caliber starting pitching. The other things aren't holding their weight here, which is why they haven't railed off more wins than they have. So the Oils right now are forty three and fifty one, eighteen games to the MLB trading deadline, and less than that when you consider you got to have a few days to make a trade. So eighteen games hits the deadline. But before those eighteen games are up, the Orioles have some real decisions to make. We're going to get into that heavily here in just a moment on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 6: It's summertime. You know what we do at FT We look for hacks. Can we feel like we can do it all outside with something that's breathable, something that feels premium fabletics hooks us up I've got the cloud jersey t It is super soft crats, but it works at the gym, it works when I'm on the show, it works when I'm going to meetings. It is the true super utility player.
Speaker 7: So same here. Difference is I got the nice stripe across, so you can have style and also have versatility, because you know what, I'm gonna go to the gym probably in the same stuff that I'm gonna have my meetings in, and the same stuff that I'm going to go out and have breakfast in. So you know what. This is what Fabletics got.
Speaker 6: Me and Kratz. Everyone can shop now at fabletics dot com slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so don't wait again. That's fabletics dot Com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP.
Speaker 1: So as we say there a moment ago. The Oils have eighteen games to the trade deadline, which is August third this year. Three against Kansas City coming up before the break. After the break, three at Houston, three at Boston, three home against Atlanta, three at Detroit, and three home against Philadelphia. So that's twelve games against losing record teams, six against winning record teams coming up four and a half back in the final wild card beginning today, which they got to win, So maybe they'll gain some ground there over the Cubs. So, gentlemen, there are some real decisions in Birdland. They hope to be buyers, they say they expect to be buyers. But since Michael Olias made those comments, the Orils have a losing record, they have lost ground. He did say, I'll let you know if that changes, whether we can hold him to that, I don't know about that. If he's gonna like, hey, media, I got something to tell you guys, get over here. I got wes see that. But I got to wonder if that is changing in the warehouse right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to me, the biggest thing that's changed the most is that the Red Sox have kind of started playing better. And now the Orioles find themselves, at least before today's game, in last place in the al least, And to me, that just doesn't feel like a buyer kind of situation to be, and when you have to climb not only four teams your own division, you have to count everybody else that's in the league. So it's just I mean, since he made those comments where I was feeling pretty confident there where, I feel like if they could have went out a little bit of a stretch, maybe you could be a buyer. But it's just kind of to me the standings are just dictating where they should be at, and they might have different plans and tim You brought up selling and buying to maybe try to figure out some stuff for next year, But it just feels disappointing to me the way we've talked about this team, the way that you just feel like the roster is there, it just hasn't come together. And I guess that's like the most the biggest thing that comes to minds is just disappointing that this is where they find themselves here right before the All Star break.
Speaker 4: I thought Andrew Kitch really hit it on the head after the game today when asked about why this team hasn't been able to find a groove, and he mentioned the little things, and he also mentioned something that We've talked about a lot, guys, where the starting pitching has been great over the past month and a half, but the offense has been inconsistent. And then when the offense shows up, the starting pitching and then the bullpen and the defense like they just haven't been able to fire on all cylinders. And the reality is this that they're forty three and fifty one through ninety four games, and they have an identical record as last year's team through ninety four games, and anyway you slice it, guys like that's a failure that Michael Oias did not imagine this. Of course the players did not imagine this, But the reality is they're here, and Steve flashed up the graphic. They haven't won that many series of late, and I can't say with the same confidence of a few weeks back, month back that all right, they'll turn it on. They'll turn it on. We're sixty percent through the season at this point. I just don't know if it's necessarily a prudent move for Michaelias to push his chips to the center of the table and diminish and deplete a farm system that Baseball America ranked fifteenth in their most recent rankings, they're middle of the pack. I just don't know if that's the best course of action for this franchise.
Speaker 5: But Michael Oas might have to make a move to potentially save his job.
Speaker 4: It's it's a tough decision, and I really don't know where they're going to go.
Speaker 1: I think ownership behind closed doors. Obviously this will happen. Has to have a heart to heart with Michael Oas right now, and he cannot go into this deadline making moves to save his job. They need to save the Oriels future. That's what they all need to be doing. And here's what I think, just a little bit I know of Elis. People can criticize him for a lot of things right now, and they're maybe not wrong. I just believe he's professional enough, and they signed his paycheck that if they have a meeting again, Mike, if you see something that's a buy deal, let's talk about it. But we're just not going anywhere. We're spun our wheels for one hundred games. We can't just hope for a miracle. We can't mortgage the future for two months. That's not going to lead anywhere. We have to do the right thing for the oriel future, and when he made those press conference comments, he sort of said that that, you know, reading between the lines here, I will do what's right for the future of the Orioles.
Speaker 4: And Steve, it's something I was thinking to turn the show that just ended on the fan. I know it's a much different situation, but I was thinking back to the twenty twenty two Orioles where boy was at a fun ride. Adley got brought up in May. The team was winning all these come from behind wins, these walk offs. That team was right around five hund maybe even a game or two up, and they were firmly in the mix in the wild card hunt. And Michaelias chose to sell at that deadline, and I still firmly agree he made the right move even then, you know, trading away at trey Ant seeding, trading away a Jorge Lopez at that point, and he came out and said, look, our projections didn't have us in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: We didn't think we were gonna make it.
Speaker 4: He made the right call there, and I just think you got to might make the right call here, and you can't make these rash decisions barring a crazy run.
Speaker 2: Brad, Yeah, and I just get at this point, we haven't seen them win four games in a row, and it just it's I mean, when you look at the standings and eque games under five hundred, if you can't win four in a row, how can you creep closer to five hundred, which then gives you a chance? And honestly, this year might be one of the first times we ever see a team right at five hundred or like two or three games over five hundred make the playoffs. But at the same time, like you're saying, where does that leave you? If you push all the chips in next year, when you still have Gun or you still have Adli, you still have Pete, you still have all these pieces that you put together to have a winning year this year, you just don't know where that what happens in the coming years. If you decide to just make these trades for now, and if it doesn't work now, then it's like, oh gosh, now you're behind the eight ball for next year. And it's just that the window, it just it gets tough because the window is just closing, and it's I think fancied. I think Mike Elias sees it. It's that these guys are getting closer to free agency and you kind of picked your catcher, so like what do you do with Adli? And like, it's just, you know, it's these tricky questions that I there's a lot more to it than I think even us sitting here are trying to figure out. And we follow the team all the time and diehard fans, there's just it's a it's a tougher question to answer.
Speaker 3: I feel like, then just do we buy do we sell?
Speaker 2: I think there's somewhere in between where you just have to kind of make a decision on these guys and hope that it helps next year moving forward, the.
Speaker 1: Best run we saw this team this year was that ten and four run. So let's say eighteen games to the deadline. Let's give them fifteen and give them three days to make a trade. If they went ten and five, they're three games under. Still they would be a lot closer to the wild card. Maybe they'd only be a game or two out. And is this team capable of that right now? I don't look like they are, But that doesn't mean they can't. Because we've seen him beat the Yankees, we've seen him beat the Rays, we saw him beat the Dodgers, So core course they could go ten and five. It's not a tough schedule coming up, but that still might not be what they need. And the deadline is coming. They don't have a month and a half to figure this out. They got about two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think like the most frustrating part of this stretch here is that at the beginning of the season we were talking about the inconsistency, inconsistency of the starting pitching that has done its job, and now they're just they're struggling to score runs. And when they do score runs, the bullpens had their struggles. So it's just been the perfect storm of everything. Does everybody just put it together in eighteen days? I just they haven't shown it to this point. So then you have to start looking at the guys that are going to be free agents, as Taylor Ward somebody that they have to consider. I think Trevor Rodgers at this point. I hate to say it, but I feel like he has to go that you have to get all you can for him, and then from there maybe you determine your strategy. But to me, he seems to be the best chip that they have, and who knows if you trade him, then you bring up Terry Gibson and maybe he gets some starts, Kate Povic gets a few starts. You kind of figure out your rotation for next year. Maybe you get a piece or two for next year's team, and maybe they go in a room without Trevor Rodgers. It's just it's it's confusing, it's it's frustrating, it's all this stuff together at the same time.
Speaker 5: It is and look, I feel for the fans.
Speaker 4: I feel for the fact that it seems like we're heading back in this direction for a second straight year, and you know, you're just a couple of years removed from what Michael Iyas said. They were on top of the baseball world in almost every facet, but Jeff Passing, he's as plugged in as anybody from a national perspective. On ESPN, he put out his top one hundred trade list, and you know guys that were on there. Number twenty four was Taylor Ward, twenty nine was Trevor Rodgers, thirty three was Near Cano, sixty five, Rico Garcia, eighty two, Andrew Kittridge. Ninety one's Ryan Malcastle, which I don't see how that's going to happen when he's.
Speaker 5: Missed so much time. But he made the list.
Speaker 4: The Rogers part of it, Brad and Steve Lake, that's the one that I think is really tricky, right because.
Speaker 5: You either have to trade him or extend him.
Speaker 4: And he was saying prior to opening day that the Orioles hadn't had extension conversations with him, and then he had that really downturn, and now he's on the upswing again. So are you selling high? Do you believe in what you say? It seems like Rogers really likes it here. I do find that to be sort of a tricky situation with Rogers.
Speaker 1: Boy put up the fill on the screen. The four pending free agents. If you're talking about selling guys who can walk at the end of the year, two of them are hurt little trade value right now for Aiken or Basket because they're on the il warden. Rogers will interest contenders totally. Rogers will especially interest it because everybody wants pitching, everybody wants starting pitching, everybody wants lefty pitching, and everybody wants a pitcher on a roll. He checks every box so they could And again, let's keep in mind we're talking about a rental brings the price down so fans can give delusions of this huge package. It doesn't usually happen that way unless the bidding wars so crazy. But right now, guys, he is the best trade chip of the rentals. If they want to trade Adlie, that's another discussion. He's got a year to get and that's been discussed by the media. The team has made the public stance they want to keep him forever, so long way of saying, like you guys have said, this is really confusing. It's a little bit fascinating to see how it's going to end up three weeks from today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I think it's going to be fascinating to see where it ends up. And I just think when you make a trade deadline trade, you just kind of have to temper your expectations. It's it's really hard to hit on the guys that you trade for. Even looking back to Manny Machada when he got traded, I think Ools got five players for him or something like that, and.
Speaker 3: Dean Kramer, I think was the only one that hit.
Speaker 2: And I mean he's been around still, and that's like, I mean, that's otherworldly hitting on that getting a starting pitcher for now five plus years with the Orioles. So it's just kind of like you're tim, I agree with you. I think it's either trade him or you extend him. I don't think there's anywhere in between. You can't you just I just can't see how you could keep him at this point, unfortunately, because it's just you're going to lose them for nothing. Or if you extend him, that's great because I really do think he is comfortable in Baltimore, likes pitching here, and I think he could help this team win next year, which makes even more confusing on top of everything, So is what the heck do you do?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: And that's where like, this is not a teardown situation. This is not a twenty eighteen Orioles. You know, the runs done, We're going to rebuild, Like this is not that. And that's where I just wonder how far Mike would go assuming he does sell it.
Speaker 5: Does it just involve rentals?
Speaker 4: Like would you trade you know some of these guys on here that have control, like a yuniar Cano, a Rico Garcia, those guys out of the bullpen.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what Mike is thinking. But like you were saying, Steve, even though we're less than a month away from the deadline August third, it still feels like an eternity, considering the amount of games and considering the fact that for the most part, ninety five percent of these trade deadline moves it's happened in the last handful of days leading up to the deadline.
Speaker 5: So still quite a few weeks away.
Speaker 1: Man, there's a lot of rumors out there. I saw a scout in the press box this week who And again take this with a grain saw because scouts here a lot. Sometimes what is put out is to deflect from what you're really thinking. There's so much out there right now. But this scout contended they would consider moving Adlie Rutchman, despite their public comments. Again, one scout, one opinion, one thought one day. I always, as much as I respect the scouts in the game, they hear so much as you're so much against the wall right now.
Speaker 4: Well, Steve, I'll say, in regards to that, and I think I've said this on a prior episode, I am not if I'm Mike, I am not actively shopping Adlely, He's obviously going to take calls on ad And that's not a situation where I'm just gonna slam.
Speaker 5: The phone like no, no, no, Like I'll.
Speaker 4: Listen, and it has to be on my terms and it has to be a really good offer, because this is not a rental situation. But Brad, this is I know he's got another year where Rogers's about the hit free agency, but this is another situation. You can't just let ADLEI walk. You can't let him walk for nothing, and especially this new CBA is not gonna have the qualifying offer. You know MLB and their latest proposal, the qualifying offer is gone, so you would literally get nothing if Adley walked in twenty twenty seven. Now is Adle gonna entertain a contract extension being this close to free agency? And that's where it just gets to another tricky situation, Brad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: And I think it's it's one of those pieces like you're saying, how could you picture going back to twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three, like an Oriel future without Adlaie And that's it just it's it's just like so disappointed because watching those teams. I just remember watching the Cubs win the World Series in twenty sixteen. I'm like, this team's gonna win six World Series. Like they have all these young position players, and it just goes to show the fragility of windows in baseball. And that's a big market team. They had all the money in the world to spend. They just won a World Series. Now you look at the Orioles, they had the similar situation. They had this young core coming up. They all kind of peaked at the same time. And now it's just like, gosh, you're like, after this year, you have one year left of Ave, you have two years left of Gunner. It's like, where the heck did these six years go with these guys on the team and just not in the spot that they thought they would be. And it's just it's tough, and like you're saying, I think at this deadline, you have to take phone calls on Adley, like you said, not actively shopping him, but if you get a deal that blows you away, you maybe pulled the trigger. You signed us out eight years. He's a catcher of the future as of right now. So it's yeah, I just don't know. It's it's just really it's hard. It's hard to wrap my head around thinking about this team of that Alley rushman behind the plate being up rolling overall pick coming up the success the team had it now they're at this spot. So it's just like you said, I think it's just most disappointing more than anything else, Bergland.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of layers to this. We're heading for a fascinating few weeks to see how we get to the other side and what it looks like. It won't be dull. It almost never is, and this is certainly true of the next few weeks. Bergland Territory rolls on here today and we got more to do in just a moment.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with daily dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel Dot com slash podcast. To get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for daily dingers, make your free pick on Who's hitting a homer? Playball Swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required, bonus issued does non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem caller Tex one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: Let me add another layer to our previous discussion. This came up in the press box this week from someone who is not and does not work for the Baltimore Orioles. The Orioles owner is kind of a rookie here. He hasn't done this long. He doesn't know all the inner workings of ownership at the trade deadline and now in his infancy as an owner, and of course he has a huge support staff and he can reach out to other owners, and I assume he will to get advice. What do I do now? Because he's at the top of the chain, Michael Lias doesn't really do anything significant unless the people above him sign off on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely it's interesting.
Speaker 2: And I think I was thinking before with Michael Lias and he comes from the Astros. The ash had this young core of hitters that got they all came up together, they all started mashing, and they all got them winning. And what they did was make these big trades or these big signings at the pitching side.
Speaker 3: And I feel like the Orioles were.
Speaker 2: Right there a couple of years ago and didn't weren't able to make the trades or didn't make the big signings. And now it's like, oh gosh, did we did we miss that? Is that like that era? That that chance gone? And I feel like it's that's what he makes even more of, like guys, what do we do we miss our chance?
Speaker 3: Was that it? Or do we still have it?
Speaker 2: It's I think that's where he's kind of out of crossroads too with everything.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I don't know what he's thinking.
Speaker 2: That just kind of what came to mind when I was thinking of that Ashros team he was associated with. They went on to win a couple of World Series, but they didn't do it well. They made the big trades and the big signings for the big time pitchers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're bringing in Verlander, You're bringing in Garrett Cole.
Speaker 4: And look, if this is the end of Michael Lias at the end of this season, that will be the biggest thing looking back on And Brad, you're bringing up prior to the break and it's so true.
Speaker 5: And this is a cross sports guys.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm thinking of the Oklahoma City Thunder, you know, with Kevin Duran and James Harden and Russell Westbrook. They're in the finals against the Heat.
Speaker 5: Oh, they're gonna be back.
Speaker 4: They're all young, spudding superstars. You never know, you never know when the window is going to close. And I think that's why it's so important to recognize the moment. And you know, you can think of the twenty twenty three trade deadline, just bringing in Jack Flaherty and Fujinami in twenty twenty four and look, you make the move for Corbyn Burns but not continuing to add on and you have the top form system in baseball, but prospects don't all pan out, and I think that's what makes it especially disheartening. And you can Monday morning quarterback anything, of course, but it's tough. It's tough, and fans are frustrated, and they have every right to be frustrated.
Speaker 5: But now it's about trying to build back.
Speaker 4: You got to figure out how to get back and and and part of that, Steve is going to be what they do with the deadline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And I mean, barring a total shock of all Baltimore, there's no change coming with the Oiel front office. I don't believe over the next few weeks that this is the group, and I think fans should and I'm not being a homer here, but remember this part. This group did get them to the Ali's title. This group did produce the number one farm. This group did produce what's something that's unprecedented, three straight years of the number one prospect ever happened to base in Baseball America's history doing prospects. Orioles did it. So they can do some things that are good for this team. They acquired some young talent last year. Scouts were talking up Boston Bateman to me this week. One of the guys they got from the Padres in that deal, twenty year old lefty there was ninety eight. So I mean, some good things could happen here. Even if and the other thing that could shock us all this would shock us. The Oils could still make the playoffs. They could sell some playoffs and they going to make the playoffs, right, Yeah, you're there only three or four out. It's not ridiculous, but they're just that we know they're not showing those signs. So again we're circling back to the same thought the next few weeks. Ye stay tuned Birdland.
Speaker 2: Definitely, and I think this weekend it starts. If you don't want all these questions to continue. And it's hard as a player because going through to twenty eighteen, the trade deadline, it was on my mind all the time because it was unfortunate. You want to be in a spot, but you know it's it's heading that way and you see many go. Then you see I didn't even know if I was next it. It was just all of us, like Darren Oda's gone, Godsman Jordan in Atlanta next day. It just it happens fast and it's just kind of I still remember leaving the field the last day I was in Baltimore and just being choked up. I got done playing catch and it's just you just don't want to have that feeling because it was such good times we had for five years, and these fans deserve a winner that is just can continue to win for years because the fan base is so good in Baltimore. It was just it was a hard time going through it and it's something you don't want to deal with. And it's just so this weekend, it's starts to go against the Royals who are really struggling. Also hopefully went to it a three, maybe get a sweepheaded to the All Star Break, come out of the All Star Break hot, and switch the whole thing because, like Steve said, they are technically still in the playoff hunt and things can change on a win. So it's I hope these guys that they just they go into the break hot, get some rest, get a mental break more than anything else, come back and just ready to win some games, and really just for the fans especially, just win some games and give them the whole back, because it just feels like it's been slowly weaning away these last three or four weeks, and all these trade talks are only going to get hotter and more in your face in the coming weeks.
Speaker 5: And Brad, you bring up the human part of it.
Speaker 4: With these guys, and you know, I brought up earlier the Jeff Pass and the one hundred top one hundred trade candidates, and he's Matt mixing and match and like, who would be good here?
Speaker 5: Who would be good there?
Speaker 4: I can't even imagine as a player like living that and you bringing up your experience with it.
Speaker 5: How to block out that noise?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's pretty much impossible.
Speaker 2: And that's honestly, Trevor Rodgers going out there today and dominating that was amazing because he's at the top of the list.
Speaker 3: All the fans know that.
Speaker 2: So for him to go out there and produce like he did today and give him a win and at least put him in the spot to have a win is awesome because it's a lot you're moving, not just you yourself, you're moving, if you have a family, you're moving, then places where you're going. And then you're going from a team who's kind of just kind of muddling around to a team directly. I went to Atlanta and literally the next day I was fishing the eighth inning for a team trying to win the division. So it's just all these things I can't kind of get thrown your way and it's part of the job, so I mean, it's not something to feel sorry about. But it was definitely an emotional time because I absolutely loved my time in Baltimore, and like that last time.
Speaker 3: Talking reporters, it was tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was fighting back tears as I'm doing it because I literally grew up as a as a person, as a player those five years of Baltimore. I did a lot of growing up and it was some of the best times of my life. And to have to like literally put it on another jersey the next day and just move forward without ever thinking about it, I just knew that was gonna be the last time I was in Baltimore, and it was.
Speaker 3: It was definitely an emotional time.
Speaker 2: And guys are going through right now that are going to be free agents, so I know they're not with Baltimore for as long as maybe I was there. But it's still a team that I know they love playing for. I know they love going to campanyards every day, and it's just it's a tough spot to be in. So I hope they can kind of flip the script and don't have to worry about that. But like I said, it's kind of an impending thing coming up here.
Speaker 1: And just so you know, there are emotions on the other side of those interviews, reporters who like the brad Brocks of the world and are sorry to see them go. I remember telling Malcastle at the end of last year. I've known this kid forever. He's one of my favorites. I just think so much of Ryan, I said, Dude, wherever you're playing, I hope it's here, but I'll be rooting for you every yet, bat buddy. And you know, those are tough conversations to have, but you just want them to know because you don't know. Are you going to see him again or not? Yeah? No, So it's going to be emotional Birdland. There's gonna be a lot going on, and we'll be here to tell you about all of it. And are glad you checked out our show. Please keep subscribing past the word to your friends and family. We're here. We're cranking out three episodes a week, keeping you up to date on all that's going on with the Orioles. We will catch you next time on Birdland Territory Book int