Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, April tenth, twenty twenty five, and we are two weeks out, fourteen days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. We have Zach Wolchuck Brian brought us Fox Lombardi with Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans. Two weeks out, that's when things start getting really real. You start taking your final notes. Teams are getting together, they're looking at their boards. Brian nerve racking time of year because now it's lying season. Even more so you start seeing all those mock drafts and all the different craziness that could possibly ensue. When you're two weeks out, What are we thinking is happening across the hallway? Just ready?
Speaker 3: You're just ready to get this damn thing over with it does at this point in time. I mean no, and I say that with tongue in cheek to me, this is where.
Speaker 2: You know that maybe there's some positions.
Speaker 3: That you're really really not totally comfortable with that you've gone through, and you know, there's there's a lot of positions that you can say, Okay, it's a B, C and D, and there's some positions on this board right now that there's probably going to be a little bit more conversations, probably a little bit more discussion, probably a little bit more disagreement, probably a little bit more. If you know you're the general manager, director or player personnel, you're going to say, are you really sure about that? You know, and as you start to compare and now you'll start to get the coaches involved here, and that can make things either really smooth or really confusing. And so you know, we've we've heard from Brian Schottenheimer that he's really interested in the scouts doing their job and the coach is doing their job. If that's the case, then a lot of discussions will come down. Yeah, you want your opinion of your coaches and stuff like that, but you don't want them to muddy the situations here. A lot of these guys have not been in the NFL, and so you know, they know what the NFL, what it's all about. But you have to know about a level of player. You have to know who the Giants are playing with, what the Eagles are playing with, the with the Commanders you're playing with. So Scout's doing their job, but there's there's still some discussions. We get down to that final week, it's going to be more about talking about mock drafts and potentially the pitfalls or the abilities to go up or to go back, and you can make those determinations. But right now there's still some discussions about some positions that are pretty kind of muddy. When you look at cornerback, wide receiver I think a little bit, and then maybe even the defensive tackle group I think is a little bit of a muddy position for some teams right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, Brian, you just said something to made me think about something. And boy, I hope he's on topic because boy to chet hate when I get off top, but get off. I'm sorry, but this made me think about the draft last year, right we clearly you know, running back was on the table, yep. But running back kept getting pushed back. And what they came out and said to us was we got to a point in the draft to where the running back that we could have got wasn't better than Rico.
Speaker 3: He's not here any longer, so you can throw that out the window.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what I'm wondering now with this board and maybe we'll do it next week or the next shoor whatever. I wonder what point in the draft at each of these unit groups are we going we don't have to take Mitchell Levin's the center because we got such and such at home, you know, like, like what round do we not look at guys anymore?
Speaker 2: Are you cutting that off? Like what's the furthest that you'll stretch for you?
Speaker 4: So I was having a conversation if we looking at wide receiver and wide receiver is an emergency, we would all say, I'm really not looking past round two for real? You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm trying to get one of those first round guys maybe best Royals, a manor I'm looking at those guys. But man, when I get down like Kobe Hudson or something, right, Yeah, man, I kind of got you know, let's uh, you know, Florida Noi is here, so maybe we can try to develop him as opposed to going that route. So I wonder maybe one day we'll just map out, like not doing my draft, but map out of my draft. Where do we stop looking at receivers, Where do we start looking at offensive tackles, Where do we stop looking at running backs?
Speaker 5: I think that'll be interesting to look at.
Speaker 2: I do want to do that with a little bit of studying, because I want everybody to kind of bring in their own specific topic of like, Okay, I've gotten it to the third round, for sure. Sure I've gotten it to the fourth round in this position, whereas the other one, I may not even look outside of the first If it's a specific position in the first round, I'm not looking at it.
Speaker 4: Because third round safety and down is nonsense. But fifth round corner is fine, fifth round running back is fine, you know, fourth fifth round, you know, edge is cool to me. Fourth round wide receiver I may not be the biggest fan of, so I think that'll be you know, something interesting to you know, maybe hear what they got to say about it. They won't tell us, but you know, just you know us as draft show guys probably talk.
Speaker 6: Well, it could be a good question. Like day three when we get to scout and the coaches in here. You know, when do you look at that? I mean, I'm always for a strength can still be a strength. Right, If you have a player that's traded really high, why not just take them? I mean, do they have a need. When they took Ceedee Lamb seventeen overall a few years ago at wide receiver, you shall have Gallop at the time. He selled to Mary Cooper at the time, but then they did end up really needing Ceedee Lamb because you move on from Mariy Cooper and then he ends up being your wide receiver one.
Speaker 3: So to me, it's just you gotta trust the process. You gotta trust your board.
Speaker 6: And even if you're not seeing, like man, I got a blinking light, I feel good about safety. If and Andrew mccooba is there in round two, you feel like he can be an improvement for you, go ahead and take that guy. I think that's how you are able to be a consistently good drafting team.
Speaker 4: And then we could just make this recent news, pardon I'll touch you again, be recent news. Right, So now we have this this guard room of Hoffman and Bass and Charles is here now, so I think we all agree, like Tyler Booker, you know, Donovan Jackson kind of sweeps all that and some of those guys will have to go. But if we get down the round for so or five and Luke Candra is there. Hell, we got a lot of those guards here, are right, So let's name. I like that name, Cincinnata.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So so yeah, you know, so maybe we wouldn't look at those guys because we got a room full of guards. Man, somebody say, Oldvis, we've got twelve offensive lineman on the roster right now, I say, damn, how many of these guys can push some of those guys off? How many of those guys wouldn't even matter to the guys who have on the.
Speaker 6: Rust because I mean it's Charles gonna necessarily make the roster. Who knows right, like these are competitive bodies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think with the thing with Charles, you got to look at him, and I know watching I had this conversation last night on our podcast, was that I think Charles is brought in here to make sure that Joe Milton has the ability to stand up upright on preseason games. It's a great point. You don't want to you do not want to have him. You do not want to evaluate a position, especially quarterback, where your guy is. And no, no, uh, disrespect to the Isaac Alacone or anybody like that, but you know, when you've got guy out there struggling his ass off to try and block a guy who is a down the line, sixth or seventh round edge or a tackle or something like that, and your quarterback is getting sacked. Every player you can't get plays off, you can't evaluate your players. So this is a guy to me that is a veteran player who's made starts. We'll see, hopefully you hit something here, but he is really to play preseason games in the second half and been able to keep your quarterback upright, so you can evaluate him.
Speaker 2: There was an expectation before he retired in the middle of training camp last year that he would be the starting right tackle for Tennessee. I mean there was a thought that absolutely the starting right tackle. So I don't want to write him off entirely as twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Old make the team.
Speaker 2: He's been in the league since twenty twenty, spent the thirty five games or so with Washington. He's played decent football, but he's gonna have to earn that spot. And it goes back to what Vach is saying is what point do you look at offensive line and he say, man, you know what, We've already got Sadique Charles here. We've already got some guys here that we feel comfortable with. But hey, if Will Campbell falls or if something else happens in the second round, one of these other offensive linemen that you could particularly like. Even though it might not be the number one need at that point in time, it's still enough to say, hey, maybe this is something we can kind of build some depth around and try and work it. So I do like the conversation, let's do it on your next show. Let's get deeper into that and kind of map out where we would stop in certain positions because we feel comfortable one way or the other. But kind of along the same lines, you have to look elsewhere too. You've got to self scout yourself and what you're doing and your scouting department, but you also got to see what other teams are doing as well. I kind of want to take a look around the NFL for a little bit in this first segment. What are some of these other teams going to do not only just in the first round, but throughout the draft, Zach, as we look at maybe some of these teams that have some set in stone picks in the first round but may not be your best friend when you're picking at forty and seventy and some of these other spots in front of you that could possibly take some of your talent.
Speaker 6: Yes, San Francisco right in front of you can be concerning in a couple of areas. Kyle Shanahan this week gave a positive update on Christian McCaffrey, but then also said they're always looking to draft running back, so that's a team you got to kind of watch out for now. They took guys at Grendo, who is a draft show Darling a year ago out of Louisville in the fourth round. But that's another team there. When you look at some of these running backs, you don't take one at twelve at forty four right in front of you. Is San Francisco also going to be looking at a Caleb Johnson. If on Maryan Hampton sounds like he's probably not gonna make it the closer we get to the draft, now, I wouldn't be surprised if three running backs ended up going in the first round. I think Treyvon Henderson is a guy and I preached this probably two months ago that I think could creep into the first round as well. So San Francisco is a team second round, third round. If you wait on the running backs, you got to look at them right in front of you there. Chicago could be another team like that. I also think I've heard San Francisco could be looking at defensive line. Walter Nolan's a player that they might have their eye on as early as the first round. There right in front of you. There's been some whispers in this building. There's a lot of love for Walter Nolan. Is that a player that they'd be considering. So when you look at some defensive linemen, I think running back that team right in front of you in the forty nine ers could be a team to watch out for where they could gain end up maybe picking some of your guys right right before you're on the clock.
Speaker 2: And they're kind of in a similar six situation though, right, Brian, Yeah, when you look at it app and talent and having to get rid of your top.
Speaker 3: Guys, I'd keep an eye on the Chicago Bears, especially in the second round if they miss out on Ashton genty. There's talk about them going to getting a running back in the second round. Caleb Johnson is a name that I've heard quite a prevalent there with the Bears. So if you're a team that's sitting there like Dallas at forty four and you're thinking running back might be the last running back that you really really really like, and then I'm talking about and when we break down tears, we'll get into that. I got the very goods and the goods. The very goods are in the second round. The goods are in the third round, you know. So if you want to sit there and have to go from very good at forty four to dipping into good, that might be the Chicago Bears, with Caleb Johnson a possibility or a running back, whatever running back is available. I'd keep an eye on the Bears right ahead of you at forty four.
Speaker 2: And they have two picks there. They have one to thirty nine and they have one at forty one, so they're right in front of you twice. If they don't get gent or I don't think see them taking a Hampton at ten. But wherever they end up being thirty nine and forty one. That could be a one to two punch where you're not feeling great. They could use that to trade back into the back into the first round if they want to. I mean Trevion Henderson. Could that be a Jamiir Gibbs like asset for a guy like Ben Johnson who took him early in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they're I think they're holding on genty and depending on what happens with the with the Raiders ahead of them, could be a possibility. The Denver Broncos are a team actually behind you. I'm just thinking about running backs potentially in the second round. The Denver Broncos are a team that could come up behind from behind you. We've talked about San Francisco's. San Francisco is a wild card in this scene because San Francisco is not afraid to trade to move to get out. They got they need picks, they need players, they're trying to rebuild their team. I'd be really really conscious of teams ahead of you that are willing to move, and like I say, the Broncos could be. With Sean Payton, we've seen him make big swingeo to get up a board and if he knows you're sitting on again on a running back at forty four. Here's my running back speech, because I kind of feel like you're looking at maybe a wide receiver at twelve. If you're gonna sit there in Dallas's war room and you're gonna hold on a running back at forty four, there's teams ahead of you. When there's a team behind you that could certainly know what your game plan is. And Dallas has been jumped before in these drafts, you know, and lost players that way. So Denver's another team Bears ahead, Denver behind be aware of.
Speaker 6: Those ten they've been jumped by division teams. Another one that I think is a wildcard is New Orleans. And now New Orleans has a lot of familiarity with kind of what you like is their head coach, right Kellen Moore, Doug nus Meyers, their offensive coordinator, and New Orleans basically needs everything.
Speaker 3: They could go in any direction.
Speaker 6: They might go quarterback there at nine, But if they don't, I mean, are they looking at a corner? Are they looking at an edge? Could they go offensive line? That's another team that kind of has an idea of maybe what you would be looking for based on having familiarity, and they're picking a couple spots ahead of you in every round as well, run.
Speaker 4: Beck is what you're looking for, you know? And and y'all basically said it perfectly. So I won't you know, add there, but I will say this, that's like the negative of what can happen with the teams around you. I think the positive that we should be you know, that we could be mentioning there is like more quarterbacks are just rumoredly, you know, so hey, bump a guy down if you will. I don't know who the hell said it, but there was like, hey, Jalen Milroe said yes, I would be in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, said yeah.
Speaker 4: So he's not going to hang around to pick forty four in Green Bay to be their lives. So we can only imagine he's gonna be a first round guy. So if we're looking at pick forty four, all those guys it's in that twenty range that we liked, they could end up there for us, you know. So, uh, that's a positive thing that could happen.
Speaker 2: That would be best case scenario. I remember Malik Davis the Liberate or not Malik Davis, Malik, Whillis, Delberty the Titans. Yeah, he was around there for that that day that draft, he was in the building. Yeah uh, it wasn't that radio city at that point, but wherever that draft was. And he ended up going in the third round and was watching the rest of.
Speaker 5: That fire your agent, you sit around.
Speaker 6: Happened to Will Levis too a couple of years ago. He early second you in early second he did, but thought he was gonna go in the first round. Thought maybe he could be a top ten pick, and that could help you. If these running backs do go, let's say, or if these quarterbacks go, let's say Tennessee takes one, maybe should door slides New Orleans Jackson Dart Like, are the Jets in the business there at seven? All of a sudden, you have three quarterbacks that go before you're on the clock there at twelve? Does a team like Pittsburgh get a little antsy one of these other teams that maybe they like a mill row? Does that help your case if you're looking to trade back now, all of a sudden, maybe the phone can ring and you can go ahead and maximize that up.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like that Sanders is going to end up with the Saints at nine is where I think. I think Dart's the next pick. I think I think Pittsburgh is becoming comfortable with Dart. Okay, so I don't know about them. I think Pittsburgh's gonna sit and wait on that one. Is where I would go. Let me try and sell you guys in another idea of before, how interested are you in a corner? I'm interested? Yeah, yeah, okay, how inter starre you in revel the corner from I'm very interested?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Like first, I know I have him as a first round great great doctor Cooper did the surgery here. Cowboys are going to have some information on this guy. If you're holding on him, say potentially at the forty four because you think it's a blue Star special cowboy injury thing. Watch the Raiders right ahead of you there. Because the Raiders they were thirty second in pass and pass defense last year. They're going to add corners. You know, there's going to be some guys that you're going to try and wait on. I don't think you can. I mean, like I say, he would be ideal for me, and you know, because that would be a first round corner off my board and the Cowboys did bring this guy in for a thirty visit. Yep.
Speaker 2: I think that's the one team you got to navigate.
Speaker 3: Just kind of hearing that. Listen, we're looking at him pretty strong and so at thirty with their thirty second ranked pass defense. If you're sitting on him, be ready that you might not get your guy there. If that's the case, you might need to look at one of these other cars. They just released a corner too. Yeah, so that's a good point.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought up Las Vegas because I have another wild card team and effects Las Vegas specifically. If we had to guess right now, all four of us sitting here on this table, who would go and pick Ashton genty in the top ten?
Speaker 3: Who would your guest be Vegas? It'd be the Vegas Raiders, right, yeah, Vegas Raiders. Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 5: It to be Vegas.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit of noise that Jacksonville could take him in.
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't hate it, and there's a thought process that they like him a lot.
Speaker 3: They haven't reported a single thirty visit, but.
Speaker 5: New Englis should take them like all those guys.
Speaker 2: Guys should take him so gent could be off the board for Vegas at six. So let me ask you that question. You talked about corner in the second round for them at thirty seven. Could you turn around and say, Okay, Vegas is on the board. They didn't get their guy in the first round because Jacksonville snuck under their nose took him at five. Could that be another team to circle and say, uh oh, they may take a running back from right in front of you at forty four. Oh sure, no, no, no, absolutely, Like if they were to go Will Johnson out of Michigan or Johny Baronet of Texas to grab a guy, they may trade back at that point.
Speaker 3: You know, we've been doing this since January. Genty was never going to get to Dallas at twelve. Now, if you watch this draft, he's one of the top three players in this draft. I mean, people, are you kept mocking and I'm like, guys, goals some one of the top three players in this draft, regardless of the position. You could sit there and fight me all you want about running back positional value and all that crap. The idea is to take the best player in the draft. That's the idea. And when you start to talk about Hunter, Carter genty. Those are some of the three best players in the draft. He was never going to get to you at twelve. We should not be surprised that all of a sudden, you know, I mean, everybody's like a gosh, well, gent, you know, when you're one of the best players in this draft. And it doesn't surprise me that New England's talking about him at four, that Jacksonville's talking about him five. That's where he should, Dann be picked, regardless of the position. He's one of the best players in this draft. He was never going to get to you at twelve. It was a pipe dream.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Everybody's oh, mocking, mocking, no, no, media scouts finally caught up to the one of the best players in the draft. Yeah, when they when you sat down and studied everything, and you started talking to all your buddies, your guys and gal friends around the league, they tell you, man, this Cinty is a hell of a player. I don't think we've seen one like him in a while.
Speaker 5: And then Brian, honestly, man, teams suck at draft and.
Speaker 2: I get this, Yeah, you should make a T shirt at that.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked you happy NFL is a strange lady and teams sucking draft sucking draft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, McMillan shouldn't be in a conversation as well. Oh, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think McMillan he should be gone. He's a top five player for me.
Speaker 4: How come all of us can just all but this this this team at kid boy, it's the top you know, whatever got to me.
Speaker 2: But then when we hear putting them in the twenties, we.
Speaker 4: Hear media guys come out, Oh, I think he'll be perfect for the Ravens or the Ravens where the Ravens trade nothing to go get. I'm like, I'm I'm not buying this new noise, that golden McMillan and you know, burdening. They're just not talented enough to be top ten guys or top twelve guys. My my board, Vashlon Bardi's board. I'm keeping them first round talents. I'm taking them sixth overall, you know, just six best guy on my board. I'm not gonna lean into this new Oh, Hampton is gonna go twelve, but McMillan's gonna go nineteen.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: Mil I ran into to Barry's church on the way back down here. On the way down to the studio, I ran into Barry. He just finished up on players lounge. He stopped and he goes, I got a question for you. He said, Tet McMillan's not gonna be there at twelve, right, he shouldn't be. And this is a guy who spent his days in may day living trying to slow down guys like Tet McMillan, and he's like, there's no way he's gonna be there at twelve. Right. Well, that's the thought process, right, is that some people the media side of things are saying, man, this this is gonna be a guy that's gonna slip a little bit. And he showed up a scenario where he could slip in our mock draft. I just don't see him even getting to that point.
Speaker 5: If genty goes to the Jags or whatever.
Speaker 4: Right, and you're Vegas, man, why would you not give Gino somebody to throw the ball to with Bowers and make this young pass catching court?
Speaker 5: Like why would you not?
Speaker 4: Like why would you look and go, No, we're gonna go with the with the edge that people got questions about, or the corner that people got questions about.
Speaker 3: The injured corners, the injured corner.
Speaker 4: I'm not buying this this new nun so Cowboy fans get ready. If Commas says prevails, team Max shouldn't be there, so you better watch some Golden film and get rid of him, just ocase.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, Ma and Matthew Golden here in the building today. The reports were that he's been here. But I do think that stuff with McMillan is real.
Speaker 3: I think it Dax Scott Skyner report here at the end of Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it is possible McMillan's there. I think also, I mean, do some teams look at Tyler Warren and say they think he's the best pass catcher For that?
Speaker 4: I think there's no sense two people looking at Warren over mcgillan. But I ain't gonna say that.
Speaker 3: I love Tyler Warren.
Speaker 6: I've got McMillan as my fourth best player, but I got Tyler Warren is my seventh.
Speaker 3: I'm not here for the Tyler Warren slander.
Speaker 4: I'm not slammering him, but like, if you had to pick one of them, I take McMillan.
Speaker 5: You can pick the wires ever, but I could.
Speaker 6: See teams with the impact and the mismatch problems that tight ends have. And you just saw the brock Bowers, you know, blowing up everything last year as a rookie. I could see some teams fall in love with Tyler Warren as well.
Speaker 2: I just don't I don't know if brock Bowers is the exception not the type of thing. You know, I think Warren, don't know. I like Warren a lot. He's still my top tight end, but I'm not sitting here saying he's going to be brock Bowers and put that type of is he is he Kyle.
Speaker 3: Pitts or is he brock Bowers? Which one is he? See?
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 6: I think it's different hockey, so different than both more brock Bowers than Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 3: All right, I like what you just did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who did you have rated higher?
Speaker 3: Though I had? I had both those guys higher than that, man, I both. I mean, and I feel like that I made a mistake on Pits. But you watch him play at Florida. I mean that he was doing things that down the scene, catching balls behind him over his head, all that stuff like that. He just not has not developed into what I thought he would. But that brock Bowers has made me a real scout. Again.
Speaker 2: Ask every fantasy football owner ever. Everybody's made a mistake on Kyle Pitts once twice.
Speaker 3: Ward's a really good player, though I wouldn't take him in the top ten myself.
Speaker 2: But I appreciate you. I appreciate you standing on the table for you.
Speaker 4: But I say it is though you want to You want a good lab like a good pin throw. You know, we just hated on mocks. Don't mess around. Let Coast and Loveland go like fourteen or something. I'm gonna get a good laugh about the better players bumping down the board for us when they take Coast and Loveland too high. I saw him in the mark. He was he was going like eleven the summer, Like, well, yeah, that's gross.
Speaker 3: You're overthinking that. Just take Mason Taylor in movie. I don't think no, no, no, right, listen, I'm not right.
Speaker 5: I get it, I.
Speaker 4: Listen, I get it. I love mock drafts like that. Yeah know why, because teams suck at drafting. I hate a perfect mock draft. While all the picks are perfect, goofy picks in mock drafts make a lot of sense. Yeah, because one day, we're gonna wake up. Go what you mean Cole Strange when the first round, Yeah, that's real talk. Yeah yeah, Cleveland Farrell at four.
Speaker 2: You'll get a Randall team suck.
Speaker 5: They will take Coast and Loveland and we will have a good laugh. Wilch up.
Speaker 3: That's why Makke gonna push you out player.
Speaker 5: Let him bump down the board and take it.
Speaker 3: That's why Mike Mark Mike Mayock's working for Westwood one Radio.
Speaker 4: And said, sorry, I don't mean to scream on your show while you're trying.
Speaker 3: To direct swiping people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's not give a Westwood want a bad rap here they Oh, I love Westwood We're just saying that.
Speaker 3: Like Mayoki is working for Westwood one right now, he's not being a general manage without at a table. Yeah all right, let's take our first break.
Speaker 2: We've got Twitter on the twenty coming out next with more radio talk about more of the Draft show right after this got fire. I guess.
Speaker 7: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Gut.
Speaker 8: All Right, Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients.
Speaker 8: See check them ot at dfwis dot com.
Speaker 2: Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: How they slapped the prushout?
Speaker 5: Who looks right? It's not there?
Speaker 2: He escaped, sleft. He'll pull a punched out. Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this in show, run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 11: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan, the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Get excited for the most dazzling DCC experience yet. Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders on tour coming to a theater near you. Witness live performances enjoy the on stage Q and a session, and even be a part of a live audition. If you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, or El Paso, mark your calendar for dates and tickets. Visit Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders dot com slash tour.
Speaker 5: By the way, that's like a movie or its like a like a show.
Speaker 2: That's like a show, Disney and Ice Theater, Disney on Ice Show Transfer like a like a traffic It's gonna blow your mind again.
Speaker 3: It's a show, baby, So it's so creepy. That was weird Twitter, you.
Speaker 4: Know that carried Yeah.
Speaker 2: So join us as we team up with our friends at one O five three the Fan to talk Cowboys and the Draft on Thursday evening, April seventeenth, seven pm in the Fans Showroom, forty one thirty one North Central Expressway in Dallas. We're taking care of your dinner from WAA Burger great stuff. Plus there will be some great giveaways including this is cool a Dak Prescott signed jersey. No sign up, just come on out. We'd love to meet and talk draft with you. So that one's a little bit more draft show.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till somebody asked, watch a question with a mouthful of water, Burger voss for little second, realm, who is the Paddy Melt of this draft? Who's the patty mel?
Speaker 2: Is it spicy with jalapenos?
Speaker 5: What do we got you?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 2: What is Westwood? Want?
Speaker 5: Would ask all the right questions.
Speaker 2: Maybe what is Patil April seventeenth? That's next Thursday, so a week him today? Really excited about that. We're all the entire Draft show crew is going to be there, so really excited about it. North Central Expressway forty one thirty one in Dallas. And it like like it said, no sign up on out. We've done this last couple of years. It's going to be a blast, so come on out.
Speaker 3: But even if you're a fan, not a fan of the Cowboys, and you're just a fan of the draft show up, I mean, we'll answer your questions. It ain't just about the Cowboys. I mean even though we work here for the Cowboys, but we'll answer your draft questions. Your lines fan Buccaneers fan, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: And where are your jersey?
Speaker 3: So we remember who you are at where your jersey We'll do it.
Speaker 2: Bring your favorite jersey all the way aft I'll run it for you. Speaking of fan questions, it's time for some twitter on the Twitter. That was Chris chrisp That was from Chris.
Speaker 3: He's getting in the He's getting.
Speaker 2: In the draft mid season for um Bay. We're right there, We're two weeks out, all right. There's been a lot of buzz around maryon Hampton. Yeah ah yeah, Michael wants to know what's gaining Steme in the mainstream. For the pick to be at number twelve. How likely is that outcome for the Dallas Cowboys that Hampton, the running back from North Carolina, will be the pick at twelve.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Just kind of talking to some folks in the organization, I think that's male Kuiper's you have to worry about mel I mean, if you really you know, he did hit the Tyler Smith, you know pick when nobody really thought that Tyler Smith was going to be here. But just kind of talking to various people in the organization, they said, listen, you know, you don't know until the commissioner walks up at the podium and all that and the way the draft goes. But I don't think he'll be the pick at twelve right now, I know that's a lot of steam and a lot of this, that and the other. And you know, I could it happened. Sure, could they draft him at twelve and then turn around at forty four and pick a wide receiver. You know, there's all that possibly. But I got the I kind of got the the inclination that that wasn't going to be the case. Who the hell is melt Kuiper junior. Don't say that he's a legend. No, that's an old Uh yeah, what was the Bill told? Yeah? Bill Tobin, Bill Tobin.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they'll talk to your sister, your your grandmother, your neighbor. The one thing about Hampton, and we've kind of in this in the past, as we've talked about Tyler Smith as a second round possibility, we talked about Mazzie Smith as the second round possibility and kind of written them off as Hey, they're they're interested, the cowboys like them. We know that that all of that can be said about a Marion Hampton. However, those picks were made in the late twenties, whereas this one's at twelve. It's a little bit different to have that same kind of mentality say hey, this is a guy that we would love to get it at forty four, maybe even trade up to go get him in the early parts of the second round, But for him to be at twelve is still a little bit rich for the position value and for the player himself. I think Hampton's a great player, but I think all of us would sit here and say, man, at twelve, he felt like you could have filled another neede.
Speaker 3: Okay, do this real quick for the sake. Give me he's picked at twelve, Give me a receiver or your defensive tackle at forty four or corner. Yeah, give me a pair with him. That's where I would go with like Trey.
Speaker 2: Harris or Jalen j oy Oils. Those would Minteio minor did you say, mister a dtackle?
Speaker 3: You can say a wide receiver. Pick a wide receiver, a tackle, or a corner corner at that And I'm just interested to see what your pairing would be and how good you feel about Hampton, and then who you got at forty four forty four.
Speaker 2: I mean it would be like T. J. Sanders or Walter Nolan. Those are my second round guys that I think would be there. TYLERK. Williams, maybe that would be probably a thought process, and it would feel pretty good.
Speaker 3: Then if you got Hampton and TYLERK Williamson, right, yeah, the corners you have a party. Would you would feel better if it was I wouldn't feel better if it was Revel. Yeah, I'd like Ravel.
Speaker 6: What about Harston from Kentucky Nationale, Harriston Trey Amos from Ole Miss totally down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, giving So I mean if if they did take the guy, if they took Hampton at twelve, you feel like you could do pretty good there, right, I mean me personally, I'd love to see a McMillan Revel. Yeah, combo is.
Speaker 2: What I would love to talk about, throwing a party, and if you did it, I feel like the Hampton pick would be just to secure your back. Yeah, because of everything we just talked about in the opening sets, very good, very.
Speaker 3: Good running backs to the opposed to the third round being good running backs? How about that? Yeah, that's kind of how I look at it.
Speaker 2: So you are we in agreement here kind of across the board that it is likely there's some I'm just trying to like I'm trying to I'm just I was told it, but you don't think it'll I don't think it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to happen. But you got to make sure whoever you air him with, is it going to be a wide receiver or is it going to be defensive tackle or corner? Am I right about that? Vashi?
Speaker 5: That is correct?
Speaker 4: But I tell you what, man, this team has proven to me that boy, I just cannot walk in just thinking anything's gonna be a certain kind of way because well, because we'll walk out of day one and day two, like, how the hell do we get these three guys? It happens every single year, and to Kyle's point, we do end up with these guys that may have two's on their grades and draft them at the back of the ones.
Speaker 5: But this class is different. So how many ones do you have?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I have thirteen, but the Cowboys may have eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So by the time we're on the clock, if McMillan is gone like we say, and gent is gone, and Golden is gone because some of the team like him and he runs fast, they might be out of ones. Yeah, and now we are, right, guys, who's our best twos?
Speaker 5: In Hampton? Might be one of one of their best two.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you on that. Like I said, I think we'll have to wait. I know, just the initial conversation that I had was that that no, but you don't know until the things starts unfolding. You know where they're, where their grades are. They could see these guys completely different from where we're at right now. I love to have No Hampton awesome player, awesome player if we're.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we're drafting him at forty four. I think all of us would that whatever happened in the first round tremendous value, but.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't take him over McMillan. Or how about even Golden?
Speaker 2: Probably not. I haven't stacked my board like that yet, but probably not. Those two are much closer for me, but Golden above it. But I'd probably still I'd still I'd still probably take Golden.
Speaker 5: Table.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you all this, what is running back round two wiped out look like? For y'all like Judkins went forty three or something. You know what I'm saying, and we're left with RJ. Harvey and Samson. You know what I'm saying is, what is what is round two running back wiped out?
Speaker 3: Looking? It's it's Genty's gone, Johnson's gone, Hampton's gone, and Henderson's are gone. That's it for me.
Speaker 2: Any those are the four guys yep, first two.
Speaker 3: Right, And I know some people have Hampton over Johnson, which is cool. I mean, but I'll go either way there, but that would be wiped out for me. That's what I was talking about. Very good as opposed to good. Yeah, I think those are the top four guys clearly.
Speaker 4: Okay, So is Junkins a guy that you would take at forty four in round two?
Speaker 6: See, I love him at seventy six, but we would love him as seventy what I'm saying, but he just yeah.
Speaker 3: He asked you if you take him at forty four? Yes, yeah, I would.
Speaker 4: Junkins and RJ. Harvey are kind of like that's what you left with and I don't. I don't want to be in that range where damn boy, all the running backs that we might hear are gone.
Speaker 5: So now we got third round greater guys in round two? Do they go?
Speaker 4: All right, we'll just wait to the third round. Yeah, Junkins, Harvey, Sampson, they're all gone. And now we are round three, Like, well, is that so what I'm saying is that to keep from getting cute, you may have to reach. What if they walk in this thing going? Man, look bro, but enemies necessary. We need to improve running back right now, Miles Sanders may not make the team. Sorry, we need to get a running back and we don't want to reach.
Speaker 3: This is why they would take him at twelve.
Speaker 5: That's why you make a case for that.
Speaker 3: They feel like that their best guy, Genti's off the board and they don't want to take a chance. They don't want to wait, they don't want to see Sam Sam Sampson and Jenkins and Harvey and Joan James from or they don't want to see that. They want to you know, they want to make sure that they get their guy.
Speaker 5: Three mi dress in a row man, What did he hear?
Speaker 2: See that's who is talking?
Speaker 3: But see that's and then you know, you talk to some folks and they say, I don't see that right now. But then they say, but you never know. And and that's where the never know scares the hell out of me.
Speaker 4: Right now, even Daniel Jeremiah, I'm gonna put Matthew Golden right here, but but don't be surprised.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, yeah, well, hey, I mean, what if things got a little crazy and Jenty goes to the Raiders and then at ten the Bears took Henderson.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Good, And now all of a sudden, there's two running backs that we've got in the top ten and nobody was expecting that. And now you're on the clock at twelve and you're thinking, holy crap, if we don't pull the trigger on a Marion Ampton ear, are we going to get a running back that we feel great about?
Speaker 2: Man, we thought it was crazy when Gibbs and Bejeon right in the top twelve, and then you would get three guys going on the top of twelve at that point.
Speaker 3: Would you guys be comfortable picking Johnson from Iowa at forty four?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Sure, yes, sure?
Speaker 3: Then that then we're okay, we'll be fine. I think so too, because I think he's the one guy that might actually be there.
Speaker 2: If he's there, yeah, I mean he's he has not got a lot of buzz. It's so down.
Speaker 5: That's actually perfectly and I've got him as the number two back.
Speaker 2: I think either way, we're gonna look at our second round pick and feel pretty damn good about it.
Speaker 5: You have to, I think right right, No matter.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of names in forty four that I think we're gonna be really happy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be fine at forty four.
Speaker 4: Man cow you say that, boy? But the last two the boy man Marshawn Neal, How do we get here?
Speaker 2: I liked Marshon Neal.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a like. I had him as my thirty six top guy on my board.
Speaker 12: You bet it with me?
Speaker 2: I was feeling pretty good. Yeah, Twitter on the twenty things fotch. The French entry says, I don't know what that means. I'm sure that's probably like an innu indo or something.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Picking after the forty nine ers, which Cowboys target is San Francisco most likely to pluck? Just before they go on the clock. Kind of going along with our conversation, anyone in that first second McMillan, McMillan's that guy take a wide receiver. They absolutely can't McMillan, Membo.
Speaker 5: They can go uh either one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could take banks. Uh, they could go corner.
Speaker 6: They could go will Johnson if out of Michigan, they could I mean the maybe John A Baron out of Texas.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then they could do that every single round. Maybe maybe go a guy that you like, are gonna be a pain in your ass.
Speaker 3: San Francisco because of their ability to say, you know, we'll just take our guys and don't have a problem with it, or they'll just say we'll trade out of there, and people, let's listen. The Dallas Cowboys are probably the most covered team when it comes to the NFL draft. Teams look at the work that's done here. It's not saying that in a bragging way. It's true. It's true. And they look and they say, well, heck, somebody's telling these guys something. And Dallas is going to look at this and look at this, and oh look, their thirty visits got posted. And look we're talking about their thirty visits. It's terrifying to sit in that room and know all that information is going out. But the Cowboys are okay with that. You know, to me it would be But anyway, I just kind of feel like teams know that they could potentially jump ahead of you with San Francisco and others, you know, because they'll have an idea what Dallas is going to do.
Speaker 6: And the local beat is expressing they've got a lot of love for Walter Nolan, the defensive tackle at all miss.
Speaker 3: Now for us, we might be fine with that. Go ahead and take Walter Nolan.
Speaker 6: Maybe some people with the Cowboys will be thinking, ooh, that's our favorite defensive tackle. That would really sting and hurt us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, you're saying in front like San Francisco, they could go anywhere. That's what makes them true wild card. I mean, I'm looking on my draft spreadsheet as I put together my team needs and things like that. I put down teams that sign top one hundred free agents, right, and every team has at least one name in that line except for one team, San Francisco team. And they got rid of a ton of the lost so much and they gave up all anything.
Speaker 3: They gave up all their top one hundred so they can get under the cap or try and sign their quarterback. That's what they've done. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they could go detackle, they could go edge, they could go offensive tackle, running back, corner, wide receiver, it doesn't matter. They could go very similar to the Cowboys. It's very very similar. Dallas only has one name on that list. By the way, All right, moving from there, anybody watched Jalen Smith corner from USC. I know we've kind of briefly mentioned him a couple times. I have notged him. No, I have not watched the He's a Senior Bowl Cats. It will come back to it, DC D zero seven four. These people that don't have names, we gotta get names on these guys, all right.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with putting your name on your Twitter. The egg people are my favor.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's best.
Speaker 3: Give me an underrated quarterback.
Speaker 2: This is from Mike. Give me an underrated quarterback that you've watched recently. I know you guys have gotten on quarterback. We're talking QB talking QB here. Anybody that sticks out to you other than Will Howard rotris other than Will Howard.
Speaker 4: Then though, they all kind of they're all kind of underwhelming. Tyler Schu may get drafted highly, Okay, but that don't mean I would take him as high as I think he'll get drafted.
Speaker 3: Oh look, we got we got a video. We could scout this kid up from USC right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me what you're seeing here? That is Jaaln Smith Beamer throwing him up.
Speaker 3: I see he's running around. Yeah, he looks like he's getting in on a tackle there. But yeah, you know what, I'll tell you what. Somebody is going to draft Dylan Gabriel. Yes, yeah, we haven't had this.
Speaker 5: This guy is.
Speaker 3: This guy is so accurate throwing the football. He's short, he's going to be under six foot tall. Watch the Miami Dolphins here, you know, watch a team that has a left handed short quarterback for their starter. This guy, Dylan Gabriel will be a really nice fit for a team like the doll Dolphins. You don't have to, you know, have to flip your offense over if something happens. You know, you could still play left handed. So watch Dylan Gabriel potentially ended up with the Miami Dolphins. But I think he's People are not talking about him near enough. They're talking about his lack of height. Ye yeah, but you watch him throwing the football right here. It's just such the quick release, smooth, smooth. He could move around the pocket, if he could run out of trouble.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this is this plays right into what you know it Mike McDaniel and those guys down there in Miami play with. But we're not talking about him nearly enough. There's there's a reason why we're talking about Ferguson to tie end there, James are running back and all these other guys. Because Dylan Gabriel played pretty damn well for Oregon, who was number one in the country.
Speaker 2: For most of the year, I'm glad you brought him up because measurables, they're not necessarily there. No, that's not his strong suit. But I when I watched him, I thought he was one of the more technically sound quarterbacks in the draft. And he's done it in different systems, which I thought was really interesting. You see Oklahoma, Oregon, that's pro style air raid spread between the three of them. Yeah, and he's done it differently across the board. So when you look at what he's done and the IQ that he had and the success that he consistently had, whether it was in the American Conference with the UCF, yes they were still in the American Oklahoma in.
Speaker 3: The Big twelve, yes they were still in the Big twelve.
Speaker 2: And then Oregon whenever they jumped to the Big Ten. He had success everywhere and ended up being one of the more decorated quarterbacks in NFL history. A lot of times when you see those records, guys like Case Keenum come to mind. Right, he spent it all at Houston. He was there the entire time, in the same system all the way through. Dylan Gabriel became a leaderboard mainstay through three different programs. I think that holds weight for some people.
Speaker 3: The last quarterback that came out of Oregon we all didn't like, and he ended up being a really good player for the Broncos. He sure did, He sure did.
Speaker 6: The other quarterback I throw out would be Curtis Rourke the Indiana Cabana, because he's got the size and I do like his anticipation.
Speaker 3: He'll stand in there, he'll take a hit. Now, he's a true pocket passer. This guy.
Speaker 6: If he's got to go off platform work outside of structure, good luck. Okay, But when it comes like the back shoulder throw, he'll make some placement throws or I'm like, man, that dude can zing it and he'll push the ball down the field.
Speaker 3: And I was pretty impressed.
Speaker 6: I mean, you go to a program in Indiana, now the head coach google me right, that dude does win everywhere he goes. But what they did in a new need, a Hoosier team that is not used to winning a ton of football games really since Michael Pennix Junior left Curtis Rourke that that could be a guy take a flyer on on day three.
Speaker 2: He has some injury background. I think he tore his ac times, so he's got some injury there. But I think you're right whenever it comes to the arm talent, Ashley wants to know best edge possibilities on day three. So going into day three, what are some of those edge guys. I know we talked about the early day, Day one, day two guys, but what about day three? Is there any well you.
Speaker 3: Don't have a Day three pick, you know, I mean, I mean the fourth round, the fourth round. So so what you're thinking about is, you know you're probably going to unless you get one. But I see what they're asking there. But if round, who.
Speaker 2: Are some names?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what man once you vis Land like, they're all the same kind of guy. So Joey Ivy, Tyler, Baron, Tyler, Baddie from b Yut.
Speaker 3: We watched him, Johnny Walker Junior missoo, I'll join.
Speaker 4: M Open from Notre Dame. I mean he's kind of just kind of picked a guy that's down there. But that goes back to what we were saying earlier. If I want to edge, I kind of want to get him forth round up. But these guys, they're going to be like run stopping dudes, three techs sometimes guys.
Speaker 5: But but there's some silid dudes.
Speaker 6: Play and watch out for our Boise State edge a mad hassanin the Egyptian Cowboy.
Speaker 5: That's his name.
Speaker 3: That'll be his name. Yeah, that'll be his name. That will be his name, the Egyptian Cowboy.
Speaker 6: He'll be the first player drafted Boise State guy and he hasn't played a lot of football. It doesn't look like it that that dude's got some ross talent and some instincts. He was also Shrine Bowl guy. We got to see the size is there for him. He could end up making a team very very happy. And then Elijah Roberts from SMU Baby, some teams want to kick him inside and play defensive tackle.
Speaker 3: I like Elijah Roberts. He might go a little higher. I I think he will too. I mean, I was I was kind of thinking, do you have a Q Robinson? Remind me of Q Robbins. You really liked qu Robinson out of Alabama. Alabama right.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, pass rusher, standing linebacker type dude, doesn't really have all the technique down, but he's bend, is all get out, burst his hell, and that's kind of what his job is.
Speaker 5: He ain't really got it all together right now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they'll line him up at linebacker because that's just what he was. But yeah, for the most part, he's a pass rushing edge dude, and he wasn't on the field too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of that you have him.
Speaker 5: I got him into fives.
Speaker 3: That's where I forgot him. Yeah, he's kind of one of those guys when you look at him, I mean he he's played behind some really good players in his career, Dallas Turner, Will Anderson, Chris Braswell and those guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was recruited as a safety, believe.
Speaker 12: It or not.
Speaker 3: Six four, two forty three. But man, he's he's one of those guys that's got some bend. He's got some flexibility for his his height as well. Uh, you know, metrics will tell you too. And the reason why I was curious watch and I were doing this guy his win rate at twenty four percent pass rush reps was one of the most was one of the better ones in the country. So Q Robinson Alabama, maybe a Day three game, maybe a fourth round guy when this is all said and done.
Speaker 2: Did you have him in the fourth? I had him in the fourth. Yeah, see, I've got him in the early parts of the fifth. But then I think there's a drop off from there because you mentioned some of those guys birch Ivy, Baron Cannard. I'm just all over the list here from Robinson, He's kind of my last fifth round grade there, and then it drops to guys like like Jones and ingramd Dawkins and digs from there. For me, I think Ingram Dawkins could possibly get drafted earlier because of the speed and the way that he run or ran at the combine. But there are a couple of different things along the way. From EDG Rusher, I just think there's a drop off separation. I agree there's got to be something about Johnny Walker Junior that I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: We were talked about.
Speaker 2: We talked about him on Tuesday a little bit because I brought him up radar.
Speaker 12: That guy.
Speaker 3: I think his tape is fun, it's a system fit.
Speaker 2: He's got better every year.
Speaker 6: He's got natural bend. I love the first step quickness that he's got. That's a player to me that I think is going to translate and be really good in the NFL. Yeah, I agree with you on that one.
Speaker 2: All right? That does it for us here on Twitter on the twenty got more than two questions in today.
Speaker 3: That worked out?
Speaker 2: Good guys, all right?
Speaker 5: With my talk so much.
Speaker 2: When we come back, since we're two weeks out, I want to get talking about that. Get some predictions here.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna keep talking to there if.
Speaker 2: We had the draft fired, if we had the draft tonight, who would be the pick at twelve? Who would end up being that pick? In our guessing predictions when we come back with more of the draft show.
Speaker 12: I'm Darren with former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to the Laser Care Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between don't your vision any longer? Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 13: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 3: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 13: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 7: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at smoothe Yet.
Speaker 10: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets pat along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 5: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Nation. The Cowboys are heading back to Riders Field in Firstco, Texas for the twelfth annual Reliant Home Run Derby on April twenty second. Come see your favorite Cowboys players swing for the fences to raise money for the Salvation Army. Plus meet the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and rowdy. Admission is free gates opening six pm. Seating his first come, first serve. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Reliant hr D for more details. I went into the batting cages yesterday. I've got blisters all over my hand.
Speaker 3: HOWD to go? Not great?
Speaker 2: I got a little work to do before I'd hit in the media derby no hitting back. I finished twice already. I need to I need to win this year.
Speaker 3: I'm too much of a Canard. I'd look so goofy.
Speaker 2: I think you'd look fine.
Speaker 3: Nor No, good looking guy. Don't lie to me exactly.
Speaker 2: Uh but yeah, we're two weeks out from the draft. If you had to guess today, gentlemen, who would the twelfth pick be? Who do you think it would be? Based on your conversations you're studying two weeks out. I mean, I'll ask you again. I'm I'm certain before we get there, probably when we get to pick ten, and I'm like, who's still on your board?
Speaker 3: Who's your pick? But right now, as we said, two weeks out, who do you think twelve is going.
Speaker 5: To be coming?
Speaker 4: Senseys Tedoro McMillan even better comments. Sense says he shouldn't be there because he's so damn good. Golden would be a guy that makes I'm sorry if I'm taking all the answers, No, no, you're doing you know. Golden is a guy that that that we should possibly take. But I think we should be ready for our corner from Michigan we should just be.
Speaker 2: Royal Johnson, Will Johnson. So who out of those if you're like one guy, one name, who is it?
Speaker 5: Mc millan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think Ted McMillan. If I had to guess right now, like if I had to play, you know, somebody says, hey, it's do or die. Yeah, Teed McMillan would be the guy. And I do think he's got a good shot at getting there. I just don't think that if you're looking at the teams ahead, I don't know. I mean, maybe we'd have mentioned San Francisco. Carolina is interesting. I don't know what they're gonna do necessarily at number eight, but I don't think they'd go wide receiver there. So I do think Ted's got a shot to make it to twelve. I'd link Ted rowand McMillan.
Speaker 2: I think that scenario that we brought up earlier with Jacksonville taking genty at five, I think that would hinder mcmill it.
Speaker 6: Would I do thinks is pretty locked into Mason Graham, you think so, I do. I think they're gonna take Mason Draam. Their gyms talked a lot about defensive line. Now, hey, maybe if Graham ends up going to New England or something. Travis Hunter goes to to Cleveland and Admiral Carter ends up going three to the Giants. Maybe that changes some things. Things could go in a different order here. But I guess is today I'm sticking with Ted.
Speaker 4: Fellas, Like, is there a small possibility that Dallas not us, but Dallas likes Golden More.
Speaker 3: I was gonna pick gold is who I was. There's a possibility that's who I was gonna pick. I think they're gonna take.
Speaker 2: Golden over McMillan.
Speaker 3: I think, I just I think, you know, I think Voch lated it out for you. I think it's gonna come down to either the corners of the wide receivers here. And but my gut feeling is they're gonna like the explosiveness of Golden is what they're gonna like. And and it's not that they're gonna they're gonna see a guy that that, as the season were on in big games for Texas, played huge and and you know, he looks like to me that he's just got so much to his game. You can move him a lot of different spots, but that speed is legit. He plays that fast when you watch him on the outside and they play off coverage on him and he's closing cushion. You see panic in these dbs, and then he could just he could pivot and drive. Look at he just running by people right there, and like I said, it looked like Louisiana Monroe there. But you know, to me, it's just that speed is legit and I think they really do like all these receivers, but this guy has that ability to drive you off the football and come back, and he can make contested catches. He could separate. You know, that's one of the things that we haven't seen really with McMillan is but we always say McMillan's an eighty twenty catcher, eighty percent to go to he's going to get him. But this guy right here has got a different level of play speed and I think that's what's going to maybe booy him a McMillan. Let me ask you this question, and that's just me just playing playing a detective man here.
Speaker 2: Okay, the if you had to look at the Cowboys current wide receiver room, Yeah, what is the element of wide receivers? So like fundamental elements right that they're missing the most.
Speaker 3: They will tell me they will. Yeah, they separation speed, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bigger fast dudes, Like they're fast. Guy is like Turbert right now. But you know, uh Mingo, h Brook, this is floorinoid. They're kind of jump over you guys. They're physical guys.
Speaker 3: And this is why Golden would probably it's a little different than them. H I think that they like Mingo a lot more than we do. Oh they do. And that's what I'm saying. I think they're looking at Mingo if they had to have a legitimate X. That's a big body player. That's a big body guy. And they're probably thinking with Dak him throwing him the ball. Look at that right there, that double move on Georgia right there and then coming back to the ball.
Speaker 4: He does a great jobs when you throwing anything looking goofy out there and Golden just catches it all.
Speaker 3: So Starks was over there like, what the hell, what the hell, what the hell? You know one of those things. But uh no, I I kind of feel like though to me that they're going to see, they're gonna they're gonna want to see what they have with with Mingo. But this guy gives them, this guy gives them a different element when it comes to separation speed. That's why I'm just I don't know, it's not knowing anything. It's just I'm kind of looking at who they currently have.
Speaker 2: How would he compare to McMillan.
Speaker 6: Just to ask the question, this guy in the red zone, mc Millan's right there. I just think McMillan's better other than just the forty yard dash. Yeah, I'm taking McMillan over anything Golden's given me.
Speaker 4: Would you just say about I say Mingo. Mingo probably blocks better. Yeah, McMillan does everything else better, better than what about Golden and McMillan. As far as Golden and McMillan, Golden definitely runs routes better. Like he changes tempos, he he gains ground quicker than McMillan. McMillan gets faster down the field, speed, he builds up speed. One strider T Max is the better red zone guy because I literally feel like you could throw it anywhere and he'll come down with it. It depends on how he gets off the line of scrimmage. I think Golden has more ways to get off the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: If you talk about which one of these guys are different than the guys we have in the room right now. Golden is much different than anybody that we have in his room right now. If you just think about fast guys in the room right now, it's Turping and Turps a little bitty so Turp is gonna have his own package or whatever. But just as a wire receiver too, kind of guy Golden. Golden's running past, He's beating everybody in the full race, He's been lamb in the foot race and everything. So there's pros and cons to both. I would love to ask Dak, you know, just just away from everybody, and which one of these guys would you rather throw to? Because think about this.
Speaker 3: To contested receivers all his career. Basically I need with the exception of cooperate.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So when when dead was here and he was jumping over everybody that wasn't the past or properly used it. When Dak turns in, you know, to this passer, now Gallup turns into the jump over you got. But Gallup ain't the same kind of jump over you got the des or Chad Tamaki is right, So now you going, all right? I got Dak that can place the football now let's get him like a super jump ball guy. I think he would love to have that. Or Dak is the passing dude, the I'm on time, I'm accurate guy. Golden is the on time accurate guy. I think it's a real conversation. They haven over there and yeah, both of them have been in the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah they have both been here. They're both reported thirty visits. I mean, the thing about what is Brian Schottenheimer thinking from an offensive standpoint? What do you want more? Do you want the X? Do you want the big receiver? Do you want the crossers over the middle? Because one way or the other, it's going to be different. And you've got I mean, you've got Nick Millan mc millan. I mean, I think so he excels the inbreaking routes over the middle of the field. And that's kind of what they wanted Cooks to do.
Speaker 6: Is their wide receiver too, And he's a smaller bodied receiver that does not fit what he wanted.
Speaker 2: Now, granted still had success in the red zone here he did, And I think Ted.
Speaker 3: Is a guy that can do all of that for you.
Speaker 6: I just think he's a better wide receiver personally, and I get it like the four two nine speed that the Golden Ring. That's amazing, and he is a good player. But I think we're acting like Ted McMillan that' no no, no, I pretending like he can't run.
Speaker 3: W I went no no, I went opposite of what you guys think, because I was thinking what they were trying to think. Yeah, I agree with me McMillan. I've actually got Hunters my number one receiver. Okay, I mean I'm a I'm a hunter. I'm a wide receiver hunter guy. Yeah, so that would be Million's second, actually a burden after him. I was trying to think of what they were looking at, and they're probably could be right. They're looking They're probably looking at we do not have a separator, and I think that they really want to see if this mingo thing is gonna work, and they probably feel like, Okay, do we need another big bodied receiver. Absolutely, you'd love to have Ted McMillan. I'm also thinking that, like, okay, do we have speed other than in Vach put it very well? Other than Turpin, you really don't have anybody that can really really run it can threaten defenses the way that Golden can so I could see them. I know all of us would pick McMillan absolutely. I could also see them saying this guy fits, gives us something that we don't currently.
Speaker 2: Have well, and I think a decision that they're trying to sift through themselves, because when you look at even in past drafts, like going back to twenty twenty, you look at guys that overlap as both formal visits at the Combine and thirty visits here, it's rare to see that. A lot of times it's either or you're either going to meet in the formal at the Combine or you're gonna come here. Both McMillan and Golden were formals at the Combines and thirty visits. So what that tells me is that if we're getting there the twelve, those are two names that we really do have to look at specifically, because if there's that double overlap, then there's two guys they're trying to decide between, and they're trying to find little things here and there that they feel like they may fit better. You just hope this isn't thee you select Rugs or Riager. Yeah, you know, when there's others on the board, you know what I'm saying. If you Philadelphia made a choice to take.
Speaker 3: Rigor when Lamb and others were on the board, and they paid for that, you know, well they paid for it in a way. They had to go and trade for another wide receiver and stuff.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: But but you do not want to if you're the Cowboys, you don't want to be in that draft where you draft the Riga the wrong right.
Speaker 6: Before we wrap, though, I do think it's interesting they've met with Memboo and then Calvin Banks junior. Yeah, Like I wonder if if offensive line could be sleeper there for them, yeah at twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think I think more likely Banks would be in that conversation than Memboo myself.
Speaker 2: And remember those guys were not formal visits at the Combine, So think about going back to that overlapping. You got to look at those guys, Golden McMillan on those lists. All right, That does it for us here on the Draft Show. We're getting close. We are next time, we're going to be right underneath the ten day mark. At that point, we're going to be nine days away when we're back next Tuesday. Wolchuck, Brian broad Us Fox, Lombardi, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Thanks for watching the Draft show. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.