Speaker 1: Warning. Today's episode contains spoilers for various MCU films that feature the Black Panther, assorted Wakandan characters and nay More and assorted Atlantean characters. Be warned. Hello, my name is Jason, get up to you and I'm Rosey Night and welcome back to Xtra Vision of the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, and pop culture. Coming to you from iHeart, where we're bringing you three episodes a week.
Speaker 2: Saturday plus News.
Speaker 3: Today, it's impending Doomsday and we are checking in with the Wakandan corner of the MCU to highlight Shuri and Baku and Namo leading up to that clash with Doom in the upcoming movie Avengers Doomsday.
Speaker 1: But first, let's recap all of the storylines that intersect with Wakanda, the Black Panther, and nay More. First of all, we start with Captain America Civil War, the introduction, the introduction of T'Challa. He is introduced at the Vienna un signing of the now defunct Sokoa Accords. God alongside is his is soon to be late father. In the film's King Tachaka, a bomb kills ta chaka Bucky Barms is framed for the crime. T'Challa don's a Black Panther suit, goes after Bucky. He'd we see him in action at the big fight at the airport in Germany. And then later on T'Challa apprehends Zemo rather than kill him and grants Bucky asylum and Wakanda, so they made they make up as bros.
Speaker 4: They make up as bros, and then you know, you get the White Wolf of Wakanda. Yeah, very silly.
Speaker 1: Then we go to Black Panther twenty eighteen. Oh, a classic Ryan Cooplan. We love him. Here's a take. Is this the best movie original movie song soundtrack? Oh?
Speaker 4: In the Lamb see you definitely.
Speaker 1: But like in the last I don't know how long mm hm.
Speaker 3: Honestly, ironically, like the they also came through with that Shang Chi soundtrack that was really good. It's like, I think you've got to have a director who has a vision who also is like, has an interest in great music, because I would say that Destin and Ryan probably both have that in common and drove a lot of that vision.
Speaker 1: In Black Panther, T'Challa is challenged for the kingship of Wakanda by Eric Kilmonger. He is thrown off the falls in ritual combat. Kill Monger takes over and t'chala Is is saved by the combined efforts of his allies, including Baku and Shuri.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and good old Nokia we love.
Speaker 1: Huh, good old Nokia, Good olda Koye. Avengers Infinity War the final battle between Well, the second to the penultimate final battle between Well. I guess really like they fight a different Thanos, right, So it's like it's actually very complex when you think about it.
Speaker 4: Than you.
Speaker 3: You still have questions to answer two different battles is because this that was actually has his head chopped off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it is kind of the final battle against that Fanos because then they fight.
Speaker 4: A number one.
Speaker 1: They've like that they've not be no Saturdays, right, So Santos is assembling the Infinity Stones and the Avengers take Vision to Wakanda because that's the only place where there's like technology exists to separate Vision from the Infinity Stone in.
Speaker 4: His head without killing him, hopefully.
Speaker 1: Without killing him, and we get this really absolutely incredible one of the best action scenes of the MCU.
Speaker 4: With some of the funniest dialogue too.
Speaker 3: That really like I love the moment where we have Mbaku and Akoa and they I think it's them when they see Scarlet Witch.
Speaker 4: And they're like, why didn't they send her first? Like why the fuck didn't they send the Witch?
Speaker 3: Like she is no strangers fucking decimating, it's aliens, Like it's you know what, it's up there with the first Avengers for just how right they get the characters coming into contact with each other for the first time, these two sides of the MCU. We really get that kind of you know, Joss Whedon era, funny classic Avengers kind of what people know it for with this little bit kind of the most successful outgrowth of that, which is Black Panther and the Condons and the wider World.
Speaker 4: It's, oh, that's such a good movie.
Speaker 1: So T'Challa kind of leads the forces, even including the Avengers. It's his kingdom after all, so they kind of fight under his banner, and he's of course fighting alongside his main allys Baku, various members of the Dormalage A.
Speaker 4: Daniel Kalua, I mean, did he come back?
Speaker 1: I don't know sure at the time, is running point on the Infinity Stone removal process from the vision and in the end they do win slash Loo. They basically are winning.
Speaker 4: It's like they win to lose that way around.
Speaker 1: Thanos assembles the infinished the Infinity Gauntlet and snaps and we lose to Challa.
Speaker 4: We lose.
Speaker 1: Shuri survives, survives, dude, when he's when when T'Challa starts like falling as his knees give.
Speaker 3: Out, and the and he's got Oh, it's so sad.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: We love it.
Speaker 4: Bye Sury as well.
Speaker 1: By Avengers Endgame, it's been five years surviving Avengers, including Steve or just like trying to figure out life, but the Avengers eventually put together a plan to time heist the Infinity Stones, thus alerting a younger version of Thanos that the Infinity Stones have been assembled.
Speaker 4: And he does twelve.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to go go through all the hullabaloo of assembling them because they've already been assembled that's on Earth by the Avengers. So he goes and fights them. But because Bruce Banner, the Incredible Hulks, has unblipped the snap, all the heroes are back, including T'chaalah, Shuri and Baku and Akoye, and they all fight in the in the Battle of Earth against the younger Thanos. Final battle against Thanos, but the different one we got Black Panther Orkanda Forever set one year after Endgame, t'chala has died off screen. It's a very we talked about it at the time. Chadwick Boseman had passed away in the Intervening Years in a shock in a surprising announcement. It was just a unbelievable shock to discover that he had passed, And I thought that this movie handled it about as well as you can handle something like.
Speaker 4: That, especially because we have seen since.
Speaker 3: Even if they didn't know it at the time, though, I think Figi had it inkling.
Speaker 4: It was very clear that.
Speaker 3: Chadwick was at the heart of whatever was going to be next for the MCU. Like Black Panther had been the most successful movie, T'Challa was such an iconic cultural figure. You could imagine him leading the Avengers. He got to do it a little bit there in Infinity War. It leaves a hole that is not just you know, a cultural hole in a narrative hole. It's a literal hole in the lives of everyone who knew him, and also like the fandom. I mean, this is yeah, it's it's unbelievable to think that he knew the entire time and did this and created this legacy is so incredible.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I agree, Jason.
Speaker 3: I think it's like a really hard movie to look at critically, because very hard, but also as well, like it opens with this gorgeous funeral scene, there is a cathartic nature to being able to celebrate and talk about the fact that he's dead, you know, like putting that into the text is actually brave and it's in its own way. But yeah, heartbreaking film and obviously huge for the nay more of it all.
Speaker 1: Yes, surey And is haunted by guilt because of her inability to synthesize the heart shaped herb, which had been previously destroyed, but she does eventually create recreate it. She wanted to recreate it to save T'Challa, she wasn't able to. She does recreate it, she takes herself, enters the ancestral plane, meets Killmonger, interestingly, who talks very plainly about his trauma, how Wakanda failed him, about why he desired vengeance.
Speaker 4: And it's a.
Speaker 1: Cathartic and kind of like quietly one of the better scenes like throughout the whole MCU where they give the villain like time and space to talk about like how they had been wronged and it sure he becomes a Black Panther. At the end of the movie, we discover that T'Challa has a son named Toussaint who we will talk more about the casting of that character later. And of course this movie is the first appearance of Naymor played by Tenna Shuerta, who is a mutant originally born in the fifteen seventies during the Spanish colonization of the area. He develops his underwater powers, is worshiped as a god and assembles and it's all vibranium based powers and assembles a kingdom under the sea. He comes into cut direct conflict with Wakanda due to Wakanda's feeling that they have the they should have the monopoly on vibranium. And we can talk about whether that's legit or not, but that's how they feel about it. That is where we are left.
Speaker 4: Yes, those are.
Speaker 3: Those are our big our big pointers and history for the Black Panther and kind of name more expansion that we have.
Speaker 4: Seen in the MCU.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and then we'll come back and have a little debate about what it all means. And we're back. Welcome super producer Ian to the program.
Speaker 2: What a well.
Speaker 1: First topic. sureI is she going to be the Black Panther long term?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And shoot? And if she isn't, who's next? It certainly does seem like T'Challa's son Tusson is going to play a bigger role going forward. Yes, not confirmed, and we could talk about how we surmise that, But like, what do we think about Shurry as the Black Panther long term? Ian?
Speaker 5: I like, I like her in the role, and I think because she plays it so differently than Chadwick Boseman did obviously in her character and her and you know, Shurry's journey was centered around grief and that almost a combing to vengeance and and really letting the pain in. But then at the end she chooses mercy. So I think that arc and that that growth that she's experienced, you know, is primarily in Wakanda Forever. I think that's an interesting story in a journey, and I think she stepped into that role nicely, But I will say I do feel like they've kind of been like teasing or hinting around the edges of maybe Inbaku could become the black Pants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have been playing on that for a while for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, or if we get some kind of suit up at some point. But I think surey in the role is working for me. But I could see them pivoting to Imbaku or maybe a Tussin if they want to age him up for the future, if Letitia Wright doesn't want to keep doing this role anymore, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think realistically, I think I think that we're going to get all of the above honestly, Like we already have Shuria's black panther. I think she will continue in that role. It's a comics cannon. It was something everyone was really excited for. I think Leticia did kill it. Like I think that.
Speaker 4: I think her and Nimore have.
Speaker 3: Like incredible, incredible, like kind of feisty ally frenemie chemistry.
Speaker 4: That was built up in that movie.
Speaker 3: Even though, like narratively, there was some choices I would like to go differently, I think right now, having them next to each other is great, but also Winston Duke is like a shining star in the sky and everybody wants to see him.
Speaker 4: Bark, who is Black Panther?
Speaker 3: I think, because sure he was able to synthesize the purple up, we will actually get multiple people in the suits. They already played into that with the idea of having the kind of suits for the Dora milage in the previous in Wakinda Forever. So I think that there's a version where we yeah, exactly, so, I think there's an version where we get an embarku iteration of Black Panther, or we get a Tucson. I think is very likely because we know that Doom is going after the children of superheroes for some reason, some kind of firstborn son situation, it seems like. So I think it's very likely we could see a new Avengers or like that kind of vibe of oh, the kids are getting put into the parents shoes. So in that case, but I think it's less likely there's going to be one. I think it's more likely that we're going to see multiple people thanks to the synthesized purple up.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I go the other way. First of all, I think sure he would be a very interesting I think there's a lot of meat on the bone there about her feelings about to childa being taken so quickly, her inability to save him. The you know, like I would love to see how meeting Killmonger on the ancestral plane, how that influences how she takes on the role. I do think that we will see multiple vibranium suits, but I think only one person will take the herb. I think that that's too I think it's too destabilizing to what kind of society, society and culture for there to be multiple I think you could play, Yeah, you can play it is destable. That's actually pretty interesting, right if the world's ending, Okay, we need multiple black panthers.
Speaker 4: But then you end up in a situation with the royalty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you end up in a situation where now it's like, well should not Well I took it? Why to like it? That's interesting? Right? And so I think that if you if they all of us, is to say, if multiple people take the heart shaped herb, they need to play into the effect of that on what Condon's society. Yes, yes, I like that, like how that could destabilize the nation because it's like it's never been done before, you know, and this is the this is you're talking about centuries and centuries of history of doing it this particular way. I think it would be really dramatic for more than one person to take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'd have to make it.
Speaker 3: They'd have to make it like a choice that has implications rather than just like a communion wafer of superhero powers that they can give to people. Jason, what about like the the Dampson iddress of it all? Do you think they would really cost him as a new T'Challa. I don't think that's gonna happen, But do you or do you think he would be an aged up to so on? Like?
Speaker 4: What do you think do you think they would really replace?
Speaker 1: I think that is my money as well. So apparently so Damson appeared on the Today Show and was asked if he's being cast in the New Black Panther movies, and he foolishly or wisely, I'm not even sure, answered yes. No. He was like he's like he should have said I can either confirm or deny, Like, I appreciate the question, but I can't talk about any casting of anything that I might.
Speaker 4: Be yeah, yeah, yeah, or anywhere.
Speaker 1: We haven't signed any said he said yes no, yeah yeah. Instead he says yes no. And later in time he was asked about it again and says, I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 4: So he's giving. It's giving, you don't, you'll tell me. It's very clear to me that he's involved.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's very clear to me that he's he's involved, right, and what is he? Thirty something, thirty two or something, and so I really it leads me to believe in age up too soon, Like.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, I think that's how you do it in comics.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you do it that way in the movies?
Speaker 4: Also, Tucson he we're going through doom. There's reasons it could be aged. There's timeline changes, there's all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: Now this is It would be interesting as well if Tucson aspires to being the Black Panther, but somebody is already the Black Panther and he's like, well, that's my dad, I'm the son of king. Like there's a lot of interesting storylines there too. Does somebody give way? Does he have to fight in Baku or Sui or somebody? You know, all this stuff that's so interesting to me. But I do think that he is Tucson. Does anybody disagree with that or think he could be anybody else?
Speaker 4: I think he's got to be.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think it makes sense for him to be an aged Yeah, I don't see how else you could really play it.
Speaker 3: Even though Dampson is that four, you could easily have him playing his early twenty four, right, you could.
Speaker 4: You could have him playing early twenties if you needed him too.
Speaker 3: He's not like they have to age him up to being real age, you know, Like that's the nature of Hollywood. So I think it's like we could definitely be in a space and then imagine getting to see like Lapetera fighting alongside her son, Like I would love to see that, like the two of them fighting together. That would be really incredible. I mean, that's another person I do want to say, Like we haven't even talked about that, But Nakia as the black panther she from the first movie, seems like she was a great choice. She understood what Wakanda needed to do way before T'Challa did. I don't think we're gonna see it, but I would love to see her fighting alongside her son. She's too outside, she's too much in the real and they need spies.
Speaker 1: That said, all of these choices bring with them really interesting wrinkles to what it might mean, especially considering how I mean listen, T'Challa seemed like rock solid in the role until he was Wasn't you know what I mean? So exactly, They're the kind of introduction of like potential rivals, instability at the top, all very interesting for the Condon question. Let's go to uh, let's go to Naymore in the Atlantic. We left, so we left Wakinda Forever with a kind of a brittle, yeah, brittle alliance between nay More and the Wakandans. There are a lot of damage had been done, understandable, understandable, but like, but has either side forgotten? That is, are there extremists on both sides who are like, what, we're really not going to get our lick back? I wonder how this is gonna go. Your thought, Rosie, what do you think will this Will this alliance hold up through Doomsday?
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna hold for the most part.
Speaker 3: But I do think that doom is going to be very appealing to the Lanteans.
Speaker 4: As a kind of like outsider leader.
Speaker 3: He can use magic, he has experience of leading uprisings revolutions depending on where we meet him in his timeline. I also want to say that both sides made mistakes. Obviously, I know the wakandas both sides mistake crazy on both sides, but like I don't want to say, I think Wakanda is actually the less trustworthy partner in this because like, really there were Kandans. Despite the fight and the conversations around the first Black Panther about how to safely be a part of the widest society, they immediately surely just align usself with the CIA. She was like, okay, America is right, like Mike is right, like this is these are bad. So I think that actually the most interesting thing is going to be as this new world order of like Battleworld or Doom, whatever we see happen under this version of Doom and the Avengers. I'm really interested to see what pressure points it puts on Wakanda, and I actually think we could see Wakanda and the Talakhan actually like align much closer. I think if anyone is gonna be the outlier from Talakhan who may end up aligning with someone else. I'd like to see a little Atlana Doom situation like no more sister, you know, like she had like a spicy energy to.
Speaker 4: Her, like I didn't see her and I see angry.
Speaker 3: She was, like not feeling the human kind of reconciliation that they were trying to do. I think they could be really interesting to see her and Doom together, and I think that could potentially be a core conflict going into that. Ian, what about you, what do you think about that relationship going forward.
Speaker 5: I think he's definitely gonna betray the Mokandas at some point, just based on the comics history a and then be based on just the fragile alliance.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Even at the end of the movie when his sister's asking like are you like why are you doing this? Are you sure you want to do this? And he's like, this serves our bigger purpose, like this is going to help us in the long run. So I feel like he just sees it more as like a means to an end and it's just serving him now because he can, you know, take advantage of their combined strength against you know, the other people who want to use vibranium for other means. So I think Doom is going to maybe make him an offer or he's going to see an opening, and I think he's gonna take it. And I think he's definitely gonna portray the wakandas do.
Speaker 4: You guys think he's gonna that doom suit is going to be made of vibranium, because.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be made of some magic.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be magic and vibranium. I think, as they said, magic and science on stage, I.
Speaker 1: Agree with Ian. I think, let me first drop a couple takes. Take number one. I think it was a mistake for Wakanda to unveil themselves so rapidly.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: I think that's a dramatic, dramatic, dramatic shift, and they should have done it in stages. They should not have done it all of a sudden, because what you've got now is a nation that when they were hidden, they had a type of siege mentality that worked within the context of being hidden. But now that they're in the open m there's there is a and I'm not saying they're not.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 1: It's not rational that they should feel this way, you know, the other countries view them as a massive threat and the vibranium and the weapons from the vibrant all that stuff. I get it, you know, they should protect their territorial integrity and this, that and the other. But it is just like a kind of toxic dynamic where Wakanda is always feeling like they're coming to attack us, they're coming to take our shit, which they're not necessarily wrong, and this leads them to take like crazy preemptive action a lie with the CIA do stuff that I'm not sure is it may sense in a kind of like sh but but I don't think it's a good idea long term. And I think it all stems from they should have come out quietly, like over the course of.
Speaker 3: Some share plan or something like it just like six months too fast.
Speaker 1: It's way way, way too fast, and to destabilizing for the whole world.
Speaker 5: So I think that was I will say counterpoint though the Talakanel like there, I feel like the inverse of that, like the isolation isn't taken to the extreme good where they're all about the preemptive strikes, where you know, Nimore is like, oh, people are looking for vibranium in the ocean, like let's just kill them all before they can even find it.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good point. There's a medium, the medium extremes between these two extremes of immediately reveal yourself or like never come out. There's got to be a medium, way better way to do it than both of these kingdoms have chosen. Now, let me say this about No More, and it's the same thing you could have said about whoever rules Wakanda. He's gonna do what's best for his kingdom. And I think Ian is exactly right. And it's happened time and time again in the comics. Yes, No More has allied with the heroes the majority of the time.
Speaker 3: There's been Yeah, was he he was like the he was an antagonist. It was like it was like a They saw him as like a It was essentially a racist caricature about the idea of like environmentalism gone extreme, but obviously it was kind of radical. And yes, he's been but he has for the most part been an ally right.
Speaker 1: It's been it's not been like a binary like good guy, but he's always been in between. But when it's always counted, Nymour has sided with the good guys until until siding with the good guys inter intersected with his leadership of Atlantis and schemes, and and I wouldn't even call it schemes. I would just say, like, he's gonna do what's best for and I think the MC version will do that, will do what's best in his view for Talakhan. And if Doom is like, I'll get all these motherfuckers off your back forever, like you can just like run.
Speaker 4: Your thing, You could just run.
Speaker 1: Magic style, Nobody's ever coming down there, I think. And I wouldn't even call it a betrayal. He's the leader of a cas I'm saying, I don't think he's a betrail. He can't he can't choose the interests over out of outside parties, over what's best for his kingdom. Like T'Challa wouldn't have done that. Sure he wouldn't do that, Knocket, none of them would do that for Kana, And I don't think nay More would do that for tala Kan. And it adds some very interesting potential for conflict. I do agree with Ian that if Doom makes the right offer, no more, we'll switch sides.
Speaker 3: Do you think that we could see like rogue groups from Talakan but also from Wakanda, because there's gonna be people who aren't happy with Shuri's management of that situation too.
Speaker 1: I mean you might see that. I would also look for like war parties on both sides of the Wakanda Talakan divide, being like this is fucked up, this piece shit. We should be we should be much more muscular, Like why are we walking arm in arm with the people who destroyed Yeah, yeah, Kalkan.
Speaker 3: You know, like you can you can look at it, But that's what I'm thinking we might see and I could see the rise of more extreme voices on either side who kind of drive the country to war, you know, or or even like question the the leadership on both sides, like why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: So I could see that. I could see that.
Speaker 4: Happening up next.
Speaker 1: Who is the better fashion fashion wa condons or the tylecaneal. I think it's primarily like what do you how do you feel about the color schemes? But I'd be fascinated to know what you'all think, Rosie, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I'm a telecaneil fan, I'm a big teal. I love teal. I like the drip. I like the underwater vibes. I think that that's easy.
Speaker 3: I like the way they use accessories same, you know, I think that they've got I don't. I feel like the Wacondons do have incredible drip in general, but when it comes to the vibranium specifically, I feel like they often go a little too stealth, a little too classic militarrized, like you know, hidden simple, And I get it. The black panther design is iconic, but I think for me it's the Telecanel. I like that a little bit more showy with it, you know, like they always they always fit it out, even if they're fighting on the side of like a giant, you know, shipping container ship that's like fifty miles long, they're coming with all the jewels, you know, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Ian.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, that's a that's a tough question because I think they both do different things really well. So I think the Talcanel have the more like you know, traditional like native like Mayan like Yucatan inspired stuff, whereas the vibranium stuff for the Wakandans is like more afro futurism. So it combines the old and the new, whereas I think the talcaneal stuff is just more traditional. But I think I think I like, uh, the vibranium drip from the Wacandans a little bit more, I think because it has a combination of the old and the new.
Speaker 2: The baffle future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like a streetwear element to the exact Wakandan drip, which I think is really cool.
Speaker 3: I think they have the vibranium, they don't make it a part of it, like if it's just the street fashion.
Speaker 4: I think Wakanda has it.
Speaker 1: It's it's I agree, But I think that there is a you know, it's a it's a kind of cultural difference in that the Wakandas have always been like keep it, keep it quiet, that's true, and the beads.
Speaker 3: Are imputy quiet.
Speaker 1: We don't want to talk about it that much, you know, when we got that ship, but we you know, we we don't flaunt it that much, whereas the Telecanil have always been like that's that thing is on me.
Speaker 4: We got it all, We've got it.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a two point five billion dollar hunk of vibranium my neck.
Speaker 3: Uet.
Speaker 4: It's like the vibranium vest.
Speaker 1: Like you can make fifteen fusion bombs with this ship I'm.
Speaker 2: Wearing my wrist incredible.
Speaker 1: So but I I also I do I gravitate to the telecanil as well. I think it's just because it's so it's so distinctive and it almost like doesn't make sense. Like when you see them fighting in Boston, You're like, what do you guys wear? Like, but they are so drippy with literally drippy with it. I like that, you know. I I just I find it. I I literally I just find it magnetic to look at, like it's it's really incredible, how you know. I think the name and the name more character design, I just think is like it's so so good. I absolutely love it. Yeah, Okay, final question, the most important question. We are we are going to get the meeting slash confrontation of multiple of our favorite groups, teams, families, and characters, and we are certainly going to get a meeting of the classic love triangle read Richard's his wife Sue Storm partners in the Fantastic Four, and the kind of I guess you would say like nuclear family backbone of the MCU in the class of comics, and nay More who just can't stop shooting a shot with that, and Rusty like.
Speaker 3: Openly he's never seeing a woman he wants more than Susan, say, Sue's like there have been moments in the comics or she's there's something there.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying there's nothing there. She respects her family, She's whould ever break reads art, but there is something there, and there are moments where like there have been moments in the comics where it's like her and Reader on the outs, they're fighting about something and she'll just be like, you know, show up at Naymores to like watch a movie or something. You know, like there's there's moments.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, can I come over? Like Read is really pissing me off? Can we talk? So, okay, I'll send a whale for you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be right there. He like pops out of the toilet, he just like comes out, Oh my god, I'll be right there, like this water all over the bathroom floor and neighbors standing.
Speaker 2: There, incredible, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But okay, so, Ian, who do you think who is the better lover for Sue? And you can define that however you want.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, we could take this a few different ways.
Speaker 1: Doom read Doom or nay War all.
Speaker 2: Right, so off rip. I think I'm gonna have to take Doom off.
Speaker 5: The list because I feel like that's like some intense emotional manipulation, like fucking Stockholm syndrome shit, where it's like I rewrote the whole universe to make you think you're in love with me, or like I killed your husband type shit. So like, no, I think we're going to loose that. But Read, I think, if we're going off of physical attributes, is probably the untouchable, just because that man can turn into anything if you think about it. I'll let you use your imagination there. But I think the fact that he's like so burdened with this giant scientific mind, I feel like he cannot always give her the attention and love that she deserves. He's emotionally detached. So I feel like that's where Naymar steps in and he's like, yo, why are you This guy doesn't have time for you. He's risen her up hard, you know, He's like, you know, he doesn't understand you like I do, baby, you know. So I think from a physical standpoint, Reid is the is the one. But I think from like the verbal game, like the risk game, I think it's name war all day.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think he stimulates her in a different way because Reid might be to disaffect her or like disattam kidding.
Speaker 1: Me, I get what you're saying. Okay, Rosie Sue lover for Sue Read do more, name More?
Speaker 3: Ah, this is like such a staple comic book conversation at the shop. I think, just like aesthetically, I am obviously I'm a name More fan.
Speaker 4: Like he's hot, he's.
Speaker 3: Got muscles, he's wearing short shorts, he's swimming, he's glistening, he's beautiful. He's one of the only characters, male characters throughout history that's gotten like a you know, a pin up kind of beach look throughout history. He's one of the few characters that was ever kind of drawn with a tiny bit of a female gaze, which I guess makes sense because of the people who've worked on him. I think, like the Jyle version, you know, there's so many iconic iterations. Read is just like a guy to me, Like he's just a stretchy guy. But obviously we know that those skills on a physical level could.
Speaker 4: Could come into play in a powerful way. He could do some things we've seen in the comics, you know, he can.
Speaker 3: It depends what version of your powers you think Reid has, because obviously we've seen all different versions, like the very problematic version from fanfor Stick where he can change the color.
Speaker 4: Of his skin. Not sure why that was a choice they made.
Speaker 3: So if you believe that reads stretchiness and powers allow him to change into any shape, then yeah, I'm sure that would be a great, you know, a great physicality aspect. But I feel like, you know, nay More is always wet, So I just feel like on a physical level that's going well, He's always dripping in many different ways.
Speaker 4: I feel like Ian tapped into it.
Speaker 3: On the mental level, like especially the MCU version of Reid.
Speaker 4: Look, that's page of a scale.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't want him to turn into a different shape and spend a night with him or whatever? That's great, But like he's so consumed with work, like he doesn't even have time for the babies.
Speaker 4: Like he does have time for nothing.
Speaker 3: Uh, but but no more, you know, that's a passionate man like and also his name in the MCU was came from like the Boy with no Heart, right, the child with no Heart, Like the number one thing that women always want to be doing is like fixing a man or making a man who can't love them like you know, love them. I can fix him and he'll be like, you're my heart. You know, he'll be saying that crazy shit. I don't think he's necessarily gonna he's giving fuck boy in the MCU for sure, but I think that this soon needs a fuck boy. I mean, Doom is tough one for me too, because that's like my ultimate heart Rob in the MCU, I think like he's smart, he's magical, he's crazy.
Speaker 4: I love him, but he's also being played by Robert Downey Junior, so he's out of the circle for me.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Like, I just I just don't think it makes sense for them to add that layer to it with Robert Downey Junior and Vanessa even though she's you know, my age, she's like thirty seven, he's in his sixties. I just I love an age gap relationship when the two adults are consenting like that, but I don't it works for me.
Speaker 4: I think this is gonna be a pedro tenno showdown in the MCU and honestly you may be anough three a little three way they.
Speaker 1: Can have a rush each other. So I think that first of all, let's talk canonically. There's been many moments where Sue has been as as we have mentioned, fled to nay More, times of distress, times where she's disagreeing with Reid. You know, there's you can find panels out there where she's standing with Naymar with his hand, with her hand on his chest, that kind of thing that said canonically in the cannon, Reid gets that shit done. Reid can get it active. In the in the bed, Ian mentioned it any shape now, I'm specifically referencing Fantastic four, Volume one, five thirty two any day now, Oh my god, this fucking written by J. Michael Strazinski, two thousand and five. And in the panel go look it up, Read is perched on the edge of the bed. The bed is a rumpled mess. He's sitting there, shirt off, in his pajama bottoms, and he's saying, I'm gonna get some water. Do you want anything? He could just trap to get it, but he's gonna go walk to get it.
Speaker 4: Bitch, exactly he could change to get it.
Speaker 1: And Sue in shaky bubble voice with the squiggily bubbled tail, so she's really she is exhausted.
Speaker 3: He put a script mark like she has fucking woord out, like make these letters look like she has pie out.
Speaker 1: She says, no, no, I'm fine. Have I ever mentioned what a wonderful set of abilities you acquired from those cosmic rays? So he's I can tear it up. And here's the thing about Read, he could put that thing down. Now, I agree with all of your assessments. Read is a very busy guy. He gets engross in hiss work. This is the primary source of the tension between them whenever it flares up. And I think because of that, Read can be like efficiency, I only have I have fifteen minutes forty You want to get it in, Let me get let me scientifically like he can get get Sue off big time, and then I got to get back to the fucking lab right, Whereas nay More is like, it's a different dynamic and I'm I'm also throwing doctor dumout. Doom is out with Sue. First of all, Sue, Sue and Reader a married couple. Their their you know, their equals, each taking the lead in different areas of life at different times.
Speaker 4: But that's like a more.
Speaker 1: That's a different kind of relationship, one built on long term intimacy and knowing each other so specifically and in a vulnerable way. With nay More, it's that she can fuck like a queen with Naymar. Here's imagination. In my imagination, nor Naymar is definitely the sub in this. In this relationship, it's Sue on top all day, under the under the wave. She's she's putting her foot on his neck, she's putting a force bubble around his head. She's, you know, like she's getting freaking with this guy that set and and nay War is also the type of guy where he's like, you know, garbage piling up in the streets of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, he's just like he's like not going to work. He's not like he's that like riots in the street and he's sucking for.
Speaker 4: The key.
Speaker 3: Yes, he has a cling to her because she's literally my husband is like, right, I can make you come in twenty minutes between and then equation and this equation and then I gotta go save the world with a dumb plan with Robert Downey Jr. Or something, and she's like, or I could go for three days and stay in like a Palatio underwater sex dungeon or whatever, and.
Speaker 4: Just tell this guy to take me out for two days straight and he just won't. Even he will let the taxes go. Nobody's paying taxes, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: No More could be on the front lines of the war with Wakanda, like it's an active battle zone and then she's like, he's like I'm.
Speaker 3: Out, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like he's like, I gotta go by, and then and then he's just gone.
Speaker 2: Wherever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it right.
Speaker 4: That would helen you guys.
Speaker 3: Actually, as much as you know, I don't expect this movie to be full of fucking as much as I would love that, Like, let's have an em movie full of fucking guys like the Eternals, but with chemistry and they are like you actually do raise interesting conversation, even though it probably wouldn't be as explicit as we're talking about. I do see a version where No More could actually get so close to Sue that it starts to enamor him to the human side, and he does, let you know, his sister or Tilla or some rogue group. I end up in his space kind of rise up and say, well, where's the king. It's that ironically that actually sounds like it could happen.
Speaker 1: That's a good call. That would be very fascinating if I mean, I could see a tiller bey like the King's fucking this human lady all the time, Like you gets out, you know, once that gets out of the streets of Tlekon, like, oh, the the garbage pickup hasn't happened, and there's blackouts for the last three weeks because the gig is like fucking this human lady twenty four hours a day. They just call in for sushi and literally seam bringing a bell for fucking room service down there, like come on, So I I hope she never leaves, and she will never leave Red. That's their They're rock solid for whatever problems they have. There's there's a depth of their They have kids together, and there's a depth of their relationship that goes back back, back back, back, years and years and years. She's not gonna throw that away. But there are these space there are these gaps where and in the comics she has exploited them from time to time, not in an overly disrespectful way, but as I was saying, as I was saying, there have been moments where like she's she's beefing would read and like, oh and name there, you know, like, so I expect there to be something. They get it there.
Speaker 4: In the teaser they did.
Speaker 3: They like ended it with that moment of him kind of coming through the shadows and them seeing each other.
Speaker 4: So I think like they.
Speaker 3: Know what the people want. They know that the name or sue kind of crispiness has to be that. Okay, this would be like my nightmare version. But with the way society's going, you think, what do you think likelihood of them doing like open relationships and read like the polyamorous in the MCU, I think it could happen. That's the kind of representation they'll put in first before they have like an act.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, the X there should be like a poly like the X men have it canonically that there's been polycules. So that's exactly and one we were talking about this off mic, whether it's a polly, whether you know, whatever. The relationship is one thing that I really and I truly believe this sincerely it's not just that like this stuff that we like and we talk about, it's fun to talk about. I really believe if you inject some degree of sexiness into the MCU agree, like whether it's Peter and MJ or Scott and Old.
Speaker 3: And is gonna hopefully get her, you know, glow up with the red tar and the glam and all that that they.
Speaker 1: Name or reads Sue, whoever it is, there needs to be if you inject a little bit of these two can't keep their hands off each other. They just are like they're in that they're in that part of the relationship where it's like they gotta see each other all the time. They gotta be like hanging off each other all the time. If you inject a little bit into this, especially as they they're bringing younger like characters into the into the fold. You know, we've seen the kind of very Chase Steve and Peggy Carter of it all, like they didn't even get to ants and like all this stuff happens off screen, Let's see some of it happen on screen. I'm not talking about I agree, sex, I'm talking about like passion.
Speaker 3: Jason, You're right, because you know what think about the most talked about moments from Superman. It's when he picks her up and puts her on the fucking kitchen table when.
Speaker 4: They kiss, and everyone was like, wait, these.
Speaker 1: Two came back together three months and they're in a situationship because they just love like making it.
Speaker 3: I mean, give us an MCU relationship so believable that it starts rumors that they're having an affair. The MCU has never had that, and the Superman had that off back, you know, like, give us that passion, give us something like that. I think you're right, Jason, I think that could reinvigorate the MCU.
Speaker 1: Well, we're very excited for uh for Doomsday. We are eagerly awaiting a trailer. I've been refreshing the reddits looking for a leaka no league has come out yet. We were recording this on Friday after Cinema Con.
Speaker 2: It would be crazy if it doesn't come out by the end of the weekend. Yeah, they got.
Speaker 1: So recording this right after the CinemaCon debut of the Avengers Doomsday trailer. Coming up next week on Extra Vision the biggest pop culture news of the week, plus Small shadow Lord and Daredevil Born Again. That's it for this episode next for listening. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Spcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 3: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abusafar.
Speaker 3: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean Jonathan and Bay Wag.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kauffman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi.
Speaker 4: Our discord moderate, though