Speaker 1: Nine days until Super Bowl fifty nine in New Orleans. That's right, we're down to single digit. You see that Louisiana purchase down there, there was an eighteen oh three fifteen million. These quarterbacks you're seeing, they could buy Louisiana and all that other territory like four times over just on their per year salary.
Speaker 2: We've got some Super Bowl financials coming up for you.
Speaker 1: And next week before the Super Bowl, we're going to be handing out awards MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the.
Speaker 2: Year, all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Our Judy Batista is going to give you the breakdown on who she thinks should go home with the hardware. And maybe one day we'll be honoring Shador Sanders, the Colorado quarterback.
Speaker 2: He was at the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 1: He didn't play, he didn't practice, but he is on the minds of those teams with picks.
Speaker 2: Let's say maybe in the top ten.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss where he might go in the draft, and he'll be talking to our Jane Slater one on one as well. It is the Inside Friday Edition, Bye Week edition. I'm telling you, Judy, we're getting closer. When you can count him on one hand or two hands, just not have to go over. That means you're getting closer to the Super Bowl. We'll be flying to New Orleans come soon. Judy Bautista joining me here. I told you she's going to have her thoughts on the hardware when it comes to the NFL Awards coming up. We're gonna have plenty of Super Bowl talk. We're gonna hear from as I mentioned, shod Or Sanders, Jalen Hurts, Patrick Mahomes as well, Brian Kelly doing an interview with our Tom Pellasero from the SUO. Enough talking about what's coming in the show, Let's get the show going. We'll start with what is new today. Eagles offensive coordinator Kellen Moore. He's got a busy week right now. He is getting ready for the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. He is also getting ready for the possibility that he's going to be the Saints new head coach. We reported this the Insiders earlier today that the Saints are planning to meet with Kellen Moore after the Super Bowl. That's the next time they can talk to him. No hiring can become official until then. For the second time in three years, the Eagles are playing the Super Bowl in a place where one of their coordinators might stay as the head coach. We talked about that Super Bowl. You gotta practice before you play in the Super Bowl. The Eagles doing just that at the Novacare Complex in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys resting, But.
Speaker 1: I got a feeling a lot of those guys, including linebacker Zach Bond, All Pro linebacker Zach Bond, gonna heal up when it comes closer to game time. In the meantime, Jalen Hurts talking about preparing for that Chiefs defense and Steve Spagnolo, what do.
Speaker 3: You think makes Kansas City's defense challenging in the way Steve Spagnolo schemes that defense.
Speaker 4: He's been great, He's been great, very how success rate in what they do? Great players, great defensive bad group ouse Chris Jones up front, and so it'll be a great challenge, be another great challenge for us.
Speaker 3: Jahn.
Speaker 2: You had to deal with a few things here, legencies and the.
Speaker 5: Concussion, the knee, and you mentioned an illness last week. How are you feeling right now heading into Super Bowl week.
Speaker 4: I'm a little called, but I'm fine. The knees good and fine.
Speaker 2: The knee is good, the lungs are good. Everything is good.
Speaker 1: We're great, by the way, because joining Judy and me right now is our Steve Weisch.
Speaker 2: And Adam Rank. Cam Wolf is going to be along a little bit later.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you we're hitting this game from every single angle. Steve I talked about the injuries for the Eagles, those on the injury report, those not practicing. Landon Dickerson and Cam Jurgens, the two guys that played center in the NFC Championship game, both dealing with knee injuries ahead of the Super Bowl. What's the latest there, Yeah, Mike heel, they have not practiced all week, but like you said, we'd expect him to play in the Super Bowl, especially how they soldier through that NFC Championship game. Remember, Jurgens was active the starting center, but he was not scheduled to play because of that knee injury. So Dickerson moves over from guard and he gets a knee injury. But he really played well until then, including executing the Toush push That is not an easy thing.
Speaker 6: For a backup to come to do. So he gets hurt. So now Jurgens comes in and plays very well. I remember Jurgens is great, you're pulling and in the screen game, so it opened up their offense. Getting both of them back to the natural positions could help out. Jalen hurt To again had that knee wrapped up, braced up, but performed well. But getting this offensive lineback could be cruised for Philadelphia against that defensive front for the Kansas City Chiefs and what they like to do upfront, especially later in games. So them getting some well deserved rest this week is significant for the Eagles offense.
Speaker 7: They get in this short yarded situations and they have to give it to Saquon Barkley for a change. And I'm not saying that because I'm a better person who had Saquon Barkley and fantasy football, but still it's a significant thing and you have to wonder how this impacts the rest of the Eagles offense, including Saquon Barkley. But what's interesting to note about Saquon is that he has won of three players in NFL history who is rushed for over four hundred yards in his games in leading up to.
Speaker 2: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: The other two guys who did it were John Riggins back in nineteen eighty two and Treil Davis back in nineteen ninety seven. Both of those players that, interestingly enough, went on to win Super Bowl MVP awards. John Riggins had like one hundred and sixty six yards in that game against the Miami Dolphins. He had a big run on fourth and short. You remember that, Steve, you were probably there and then Carel Davis, I don't listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe you were, you've been. You're an accomplished journalist, Steve. But at the same time, Trell Davis also the guy who helped carry the Denver Broncos to a Super Bowl victory over I forget who they played, some insignificant he doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But both those.
Speaker 7: Guys went out there carried both their team. I expect Sakawon Markley to do something. What I'm just saying, I'm trying to talk about Saquon Barkley. He's very good and he has an opportunity to repeat history.
Speaker 8: Who else is really good?
Speaker 9: Steve Cooper jjen who's had a real impact as a rookie. I believe he is only allowing five point two yards per target this season, that includes the playoffs.
Speaker 8: Very very good. What kind of impact do we expect him to have on this game.
Speaker 2: Well, look, he to me is the player in the Eagle secondary.
Speaker 6: He's going to be stressed the most is where do the Kansas City Chiefs like to go with the ball?
Speaker 2: In between the hashes?
Speaker 6: Travis Kelce, Jujus Smith Schuster, they're running backs plus Patrick Mahomes running the football.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 6: Cooper Degene, as you just said, has really stood up to the task. He's been solid in coverage, but he is a sure tackler who's always.
Speaker 11: Around the ball.
Speaker 6: Has got three forced fumbles four fumble recoveries on the season. We saw how effective he was when Washington tried to go across the middle of the field last week.
Speaker 2: So this is going to be huge.
Speaker 6: And the cords to next Gen stats, he's allowed twenty eight catches on forty one targets, but for just two hundred and twenty seven yards and zero touchdowns when he's playing from the slot. Again, this is where the Chiefs like to do work.
Speaker 2: So this rookie.
Speaker 6: Look at the tackling for him as he is absolutely tackling dummies.
Speaker 2: Derrick Henry right here, always around the ball.
Speaker 6: Again, this is somebody I think is really going to be stressed in this game.
Speaker 2: He's no longer rookie.
Speaker 6: He's somebody who's going to have to step up. And so far, especially coming off that NFC Championship game, we had a tie this season high with six tackles. He seems ready to get the job done.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's one of the most impressive things about this Eagles team that even though they have a number of stars, it's the rest of the roster from top to bottom, who are very good. And when you look at the Eagles on the offensive side of the ball, let's look in there. Because last time these two teams met in the Super Bowl, Devata Smith, AJ Brown and Dallas Goddard each had over sixty receiving yards in that game. As a matter of fact, the last time the Chiefs have allowed three players in one game to go over sixty yards.
Speaker 11: But I look at Dallas Goddard.
Speaker 7: He leads the Eagles with fifteen receptions for one hundred and eighty eight yards in a touchdown in the twenty twenty four playoffs. He's had at least forty receiving yards in each of the three postseason games. His best was in the NFC Championship Game, when he had seven receptions for eighty five yards.
Speaker 11: Also got the hand got a handoff a couple of times.
Speaker 7: Here's the interesting thing, though, the Chiefs are actually very vulnerable the tight ends this season. They allowed the most passing yards to the position this year. However, they did not allow a single touchdown the tight ends this year.
Speaker 11: They allowed six red.
Speaker 7: Zone targets to tight ends, three goal to go targets to tight end. So I don't know who that's significant to. For anybody who's looking for somebody who could be scoring a touchdown at any moment, anybody can be scoring a tother that might be something to file away. It might not be Dallas Goddard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you got? Rank, heads or tails? Let's start with the earliest possible one of those. Thank you, Adam Rank and Steve Wes's wife's travel safe, buddy. We're going to see you in New Orleans. Rank, We're going to see you right here later in the show. Do not go anywhere, folks. We had some offensive coordinator hires today and first timers at that. This was an interview for Clayton Adams, the Cardinals offensive line coach.
Speaker 2: This one later came official.
Speaker 1: Adam's now going to be the offensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys for Brian Schottenheimer's staff. He brings that experience upfront in that running game to what Schottenheimer and company are going to do in the passing game. Josh Grizzard thirty four. Can't believe that thirty four is calling plays in the NFL. To replace Liam Cohen, Tampa was hoping that they could get some continuity for Baker Mayfield and company. Mayfield a fan of Grizzard, as are a bunch of folks in that building. So he gets promoted to replace Liam Cohen. We had an Adams and a Grizzard. We had a grizzly Adams. He did have a beard Tanner Engstrand.
Speaker 2: Well maybe he does. He's got a little bit of a shadow there.
Speaker 1: He's the new offensive coordinator four of the Jets for Aaron Glenn Staff comes with him from Detroit to make that happen.
Speaker 2: So there you go. We've got a little couple more coordinators to hire.
Speaker 1: But today was a big day in filling some slots on these coaching staffs that were vacated previously.
Speaker 2: Eric at Holm our guy with our mock draft, I had.
Speaker 1: My friend the other day he said, it's a mock draft with a'm duel Carter first over that can't be Yes, it's very possible.
Speaker 2: At home believes that that will wind up being the case.
Speaker 1: You had the Titans saying that they don't want to pass on a generational talent.
Speaker 2: A lot of people think he is a generational talent.
Speaker 1: Will six teams pass on shedor Sanders though, that's the question we're going to continue to ask and try to answer before a draft day. Speaking of questions and Sanders, our Jane Slater had a bunch for him at the Shrine.
Speaker 12: Bowl Scouts obviously a lot of them were talking to you this weekend. What was the one thing that stood out to you from some of those interactions, some of.
Speaker 2: The feedback or the interest.
Speaker 12: Have you got one of the craziest questions yet?
Speaker 13: No, the thing that was my dad was calling me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: That that was the most funniest thing.
Speaker 2: My dad would call me.
Speaker 13: You know, he has separation anxiety, so yeah, he kept calling me. I said, look, Pops is over it. You know, it's time for me to sawhim own. So the coaches enjoyed at I'm my open books. So whatever questions they have for me, they asked, and I was just excited for the sounds and the first time they actually was able to meet me in person.
Speaker 12: And so, what's the one thing that you that you think maybe people don't know about you.
Speaker 13: I'm really a humble guy. Yeah, I'm really a humble guy. I'm a team player and I just love football. I did everything you know I want to do and ken do in life just by Altpops with me helped us.
Speaker 2: Grow up in everything.
Speaker 13: So he is still working us. And he knew at the end of the day was minus mine was yours is years so he never he never gave us like the privileged life that to that sense.
Speaker 2: So he made us.
Speaker 13: Work for everything. And now you know, I'm just thankful to be out here, to be out here grinding and playing each and every week, each and every day, doing.
Speaker 2: Something I love for it.
Speaker 12: What's it like being an AT and T stadium when you think about obviously this isn't where your dad played, but just the Cowboys in general, Uncle Irv. I know you're tight with him now.
Speaker 13: Being in this stadium is definitely it is definitely fun. I know I'll play here very soon against the Cowboys, but Nah, it is definitely a dream come true being able to be at this Bowl game, watching my brothers out there, watching my teammates out there, being a part of this whole thing that's going on. So I'm just thankful.
Speaker 12: What are you most excited as we get ready for the draft? Calmine any of those things that excite you.
Speaker 13: I'm excited by the challenges each and every day is work and you're on your own, you know. So that's what I'm most excited for, being out there pushing yourself to the limits.
Speaker 2: With and you know you're not with a group of people were isolated. We're our dad house. Thankful that he built a nice house for it, for the.
Speaker 13: Turfield there, everything we could ask for, so that now he got.
Speaker 2: He gave us a resources.
Speaker 8: Now the work is there.
Speaker 2: So that said, just going working every day a little known factor our viewers.
Speaker 1: I know you don't believe this, but we can hear you, and we heard you laugh when he said he's a humble guy while he was wearing that necklace right there. I've got some thoughts on that in just a second, okay, But in the meantime, here are the projections which are sort of all over the place from our guys with their mock drafts so far, and that might wind up be in the case all the way through the draft because Shador Sanders is sort of an eye of the beholder prospect in the minds of a lot of folks in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Judy, as we bring.
Speaker 1: You back in here because I want to get your thoughts on him as well. But him saying he is a humble guy. I heard Joe Shane, the Giants general manager, and I'm going to talk specifically about the Giants and the Jets.
Speaker 2: There's that Chaine right there.
Speaker 1: He talked about him being a good kid and football smart and a smart kid, and a lot of compliments to him, and yeah, he's got the chain going on. But he's had a camera in his face since he was a kid because of who his father is. And I think you're going to be impressed a lot of folks when you see him in interviews leading up to the draft, and I know NFL teams are as well.
Speaker 2: I heard that from.
Speaker 1: Joe Shane with the Giants who need a quarterback and potentially with the Jets. So your thoughts on Shador Sanders potentially joining us in the new York market.
Speaker 9: I think we should be so lucky. I mean, just from that little snippet of him talking to Jane there, you can see what a great personality he has and how well he carries himself. That smile would go a long way in New York. Look, both teams, the Giants and Jets, obviously have quarterback situations that have to be resolved. That Giants don't have one. The Jets have to make a decision on Aaron Rodgers. And once we get that decision, and Aaron Glenn certainly made it sound like he would like to have clarity on that situation sooner rather than later, then we will get a clearer sense of what the Jets.
Speaker 8: Might do in the draft.
Speaker 9: Right now, Eric has mocked cam Ward to the Giants and Sugar Sanders to the Jets, which is probably a dream scenario for both teams for the quarterbacks to just drop into their laps. Certainly, there's no question that the Giants have expressed interest in the quarterbacks. It's not really clear who they might have even more interest in one over the other, but there's no question that is what we're all going to be focusing on as we get closer to the draft again the Jets.
Speaker 8: I think we'll get.
Speaker 9: More clarity in the coming weeks when we figure out what's going on with Aaron Rodgers. One thing to keep an eye on with the Jets. First time head coach, first time general manager, and now we know a first time offensive coordinator and play caller. Would you want a very experienced quarterback to maybe help smooth that transition or do you just want to go with the clean slate, rip off the bandaid, and go young a quarterback.
Speaker 8: We will see.
Speaker 1: It's going to be tough to project right now. I'll start with the Giants. I'll focus more on the Giants. I should say it's gonna be hard to project duty because well before the draft, you're going to have free agency, and I believe they're going to be a player in veteran free agency. Right now, they have only Tommy DeVito under contract, So what happens there might provide them the flexibility or give them a thought heading into the draft for hey, we're good with a veteran here.
Speaker 2: We don't have to force the pick.
Speaker 1: Because another factor at play is what happens ahead of them. If the Cleveland Browns and the Tennessee Titans decide they want to take a quarterback the Giants, as Joe Shane indicated said, we could sit right there. Whether it's Abdul Carter or Travis Hunter, we know we're going to get a good player at three, no matter how it all shakes out. We've got a lot of shows to fill between now and the end of April, and we're going to do it talking about these guys and some of these teams, including the Giants and Jets in the top ten.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Judy. We'll have you back in just a short.
Speaker 1: While here before we go to break and talk about those awards that you're coming back to talk about Jayden Daniels. We expect him to be the offensive rookie of the Year of Brock Bauers had a little bit of something to say about it. Judy's going to break it all down and let us know who she thinks should go home with the hardware. And Patrick Mahomes is going to play a football game in nine days once again. The Chiefs and what they have been able to do extremely impressive.
Speaker 2: Our Cameron Wolf is coming back, is.
Speaker 1: Joining us and Adam Rank coming back to talk Chiefs and Mahomes ahead of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: New right now into the Insiders.
Speaker 1: We told you in our last segment that Kellen Moore is likely going to land with the New Orleans Saints. It's not official, but they're going to meet with him after the Super Bowl, likely to hire him because they could have hired Darren Rizzy or one of the other candidates. Right now, he didn't do it, so Rizzy, according to our ian Rappaport, who is not on the program tonight but always working, likely to become the new Broncos special teams coordinator, reuniting with Sean Payton.
Speaker 10: There, Yeah, let's make history Kansas City.
Speaker 2: You ready can we ste elite?
Speaker 14: They got no party on the leash, the tilt the three by week in hit the perfects on their peace chiefs Kingdom. They looked at the thrown it to the sea and they go defid but no miss Kings. If they three pa, it's back to back to back. Yon, look to Kelsey, showed you betterfy. We try to set call this sited in the league. No opinion, that's a fact. Trying to slow the passes, sat trying to sell Patrick Day. You know Mahomes when he in a playoff, so he ain't gonna fall that. I see his face Old Froze mine on the fourth Green bringing that MVP. Behay, you're when you went to top Jon afc the Hey, he's the legit.
Speaker 2: Chris Jones ruin to show this is possible.
Speaker 14: Fourth you wus if you know you know you want to see the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Team se we got who works three p.
Speaker 9: This is incredible and incredibly bad news if you're a fan of the other thirty one teams. But Patrick Mahomes is not yet thirty and he is about to appear in his.
Speaker 8: Fifth Super Bowl.
Speaker 9: He is the only quarterback in NFL history to start five Super Bowls before turning thirty.
Speaker 8: Hugh, that is rough. Let's bring in our guys, Camwolf and Adam ran Oh. First, let's hear Patrick Mahomes on his legacy. Here's Mahomes.
Speaker 14: How much have you admired those athletes like Kobe and Michael and how they much they're going.
Speaker 2: To fullish you Andrew?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. I mean I think more anything is you see the competitors that they are, is that they they're gonna do whatever it takes to win, and that's what you have to be in order to have success in professional sports as a competitor, someone that's gonna put in the work every single week and watching them and listening to things that when they talk about that's helped shape my career on how I.
Speaker 8: Have to work.
Speaker 3: And obviously that's a long way I feel like still for me to go to be mentioned with those guys, but I'll try to do whatever I can to be close enough as I can be.
Speaker 9: It's actually already being mentioned in the same sentences with those guys. And see, I was so excited to talk to Cam Wolf and Adam right that I wanted to bring them in even before we heard from Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 8: Here they are. It's Cam and Adam. Cam. Let me let's start with you.
Speaker 9: I know you're going to be with the Chiefs all next week in New Orleans. About Patrick Mahomes Five Super Bowls before thirty?
Speaker 8: Can you sum him up?
Speaker 10: Even now, Judy, one thing about Patrick Mahomes that maybe doesn't get enough credit is his competitiveness. He even mentioned it there with Kobe and Michael Jordan. We think about those guys, we think about the winning and the rings, and he's chasing Brady. But Patrick Mahomes' competitiveness is something that separates him from a lot of players of his generation. And Kareem Hunt said it this week. He said, Patrick Mahomes, he's the most competitive person I've ever met. And I don't know if we always think about that within his game. You know, when you saw this pass AFC Championship game, there was the first design run they called for Patrick Mahomes all season. When I talked to Mac Naggi, their offensive coordinator, in the locker room, he said, Patrick Mahomes is get on me every single week talking about I can run this.
Speaker 2: He shows me his high school highlight.
Speaker 10: Tapes, his college high school tapes of him running, and they've tried to protect him through to the injury he had some years ago, but that competitive nature comes out in these games. And he also talked about the trash talk.
Speaker 11: Element of his nature.
Speaker 10: He said, I don't trash talk normally unless somebody trash talks me, and then that gets me going, That gets my juice flowing. Remember Max Crosby and Patrick Mahomes last year. Well, this particular game, the Eagles have a couple of trash talkers and Chauncey Gardner Johnson and Brandon Graham. If he plays along with Jalen Carter. I'm very curious if they start talking Patrick Mahomes, if that gets another level of competitive side, competitive business out of this guy. Doesn't matter if he's won two straight, that three ring chase for him is still keeping him hungry, and we'll see that on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a great point, Cameron, because when you think of guys like Kobe Bryant, you do think of that competitiveness and the desire and it's certainly there with Patrick Mahomes. And similarly, one of the things that's been the most impressive about Patrick Mahomes in addition to his competitiveness, is that he's been able to do it with a wide variety of different players, much like Kobe was winning titles with the guys that you know lamar Odom and run Our Tests and players like that. No, obviously he had Shack for his first three and Pal Gasol for his last two, but still Patrick Mahomes is going out there with guys like Juju Smith, Schuster, Sky Moore, Justin Watson, Noah Gray, and he's still.
Speaker 11: Going out there and competing.
Speaker 7: And to me, that is something that as much as everybody gets tired of the Chiefs, and we're sicking they're not going out there in buying championships. There are other teams in other sports that go out there and defer billions of dollars just to remain competitive. The Chiefs are not doing that, and a big reason why is Patrick Holmes. And it's very impressive to see that.
Speaker 2: Cam.
Speaker 1: Fair warning, before I ask you this question, our guy Rich Eisen is watching the program at home.
Speaker 2: He does a segment from time to time.
Speaker 1: Where he judges an X factor because a lot of people try to pass along, like I don't know the starting quarterback as an X factor, so there's really got to be a good X factor. But give me the X factor here in Super Bowl fifty.
Speaker 10: Nine, Well, Rich, judge me, Fairley, I'm gonna go with Kareem Hunt, who technically now is the chief starting running back, so if it hasn't been that way for much of the season, he's overtaken Isaiah Pacheco as their lead back. Had eighteen touches to Pachecko's seven. And really we talk about this game Saquon Barkley and what they're going to do to stop him, or what Philly's going to do to own this game. The other running game gets hidden because they haven't been consistent throughout the year. When you watch that chiefs AFC Championship win over the Bills, one thing that stood out is they had some success running the ball. It forced the Bills to play them a little bit more honest. Hunt forced eleven miss tackles on twenty five carries in the playoffs. They don't get big bursts like Saquon, but they can keep the clock running. They can get those first downs. And I thought it was interesting just hearing Kareem Hunt some motions through this week. Remember this is the guy who got cut in Cleveland. He shared a story this week about how after Pacheco got hurt earlier in the year, his agent Sam Sankovitz texted him and essentially said, do you want to text the Chiefs and see maybe if they would be interested in bringing you back?
Speaker 11: You know, just kind of as a whim who knows what happens.
Speaker 2: He texts Patrick Mahomes, He texts Andy Reid.
Speaker 10: Reid gets back to you and says, I'll talk to Brett Beast, the general manager, and after an hour or two they say, pack your back, get on a flight. He comes in essentially as a as a practice squad guy trying to just you know, hang around get reps. Becomes the lead back in this moment, and as you heard him and Patrick Mahomes talk about his journey, this is the first time he's getting to go chase the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: They want it for him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I'm sorry, Geez, when they were talking about X factors, I thought you were talking about dude who his name start with AX, because I was thinking to Xavier Worthy, who is a huge X factor.
Speaker 11: Who are the Kansas City Chiefs. So I was sitting here.
Speaker 7: A moment ago all about a wide variety of players who made an impact with the Kansas City Chiefs. Xavier Worthy a rookie who has drafted somewhereho was a twenty eighth out of the University of Texas. He's been very good for this team this season. He has seven scrimmage touchdowns for receiving. He had his first one hundred yard scrimmage game in the AFC Championship Game, the most ever by a Chiefs rookie in the championship game. No Chiefs rookie has never had more than ninety scrimmage yards in a Super Bowl, but I really do believe that he has an opportunity here, and that is one of the things that makes this Chiefs team so difficult to defend. How obviously you've got Travis Kelcey, Kareem Hunt's been playing well, But who are the other guys who are going to step up? Because that's the one thing the Chiefs have been able to count on, is somebody stepping up when their name is called Cam.
Speaker 8: Adam, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: I have a feeling we're going to be talking a lot more about the Chiefs next week.
Speaker 8: Cam. We will see you in New Orleans next week.
Speaker 9: Adam, don't go anywhere, because I think we're going to see you in the next segment.
Speaker 1: The forty nine ers George Kittle among the folks who used the dodge duck, dip, dive, and dodge quote from Dodgeball here when referring to the dodgeball competition in the Pro Bowls Pro Bowl Skills competition. The NFC defeating the AFC. There, nice throw there?
Speaker 2: Who was that? That was?
Speaker 1: Oh, Twen Nelson. So the NFC defeats the AFC. There, Yeah, that was very impressive. Who would have got me on that one?
Speaker 2: Then the hands catch portion of the program. I got nothing on this one, Judy.
Speaker 9: This seriously, who came let's put the world's greatest receivers in giant gloves so that they can't catch.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it may be somebody with the power to fire us. So maybe we should just say it was a great idea.
Speaker 8: There with the great idea.
Speaker 1: Huge hands moving along the jets, Quinn Williams registered the biggest spike that's right on the Spiko meter. For this, he won a huge stuffed animal as big as himself.
Speaker 2: I believe with the tickets that he received for a ninety two you didn't give them credit for the last spike. Decibot. Go ahead, Judy, what he got here.
Speaker 8: Really wasn't a spike?
Speaker 2: Oh you got this, Judy?
Speaker 8: What is okay? So this is speed walking with the Bosta brothers. This is that kind of hilarious. Actually they're pretty good at it.
Speaker 2: That's not walking. That was that was running? Whoever? Just running?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's kind of jogging. That's not it.
Speaker 9: You're supposed to keep your feet on the ground at all time and speed walking.
Speaker 1: Yes, the NFC is in the lead. The Pro Bowl games continue on Sunday. The Potato Sack Race and the three legged race certainly going to be the highlight coming down the stretch.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I don't no, they may be part of the whole thing. Oh no, here they are right there, the big spike pass all that. Check that out six pm Eastern on the ESPN or stream on NFL Plus Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Now let's get serious.
Speaker 1: Now, let's put our suits in tuxedos. On Thursday night, February sixth, the stars are out in New Orleans to kick off Super Bowl fifty nine weekend. Find out who will take home the game's most prestigious awards. See how I said that prestigious With host Snoop Dogg speaking of prestigious, don't miss NFL Honors presented by Amizzaligne on Fox, NFL Network and also streaming on NFL Plus. Subscription required for NFL Plus. No excuse to miss it. It is literally everywhere, all over your TV and your Internet and your phone, as is Adam Rank all over this show, joining us once again, Adam. Twenty eight NFL Network staff members voted on who they think the twenty twenty four award winners should be.
Speaker 2: I heard it was supposed to be twenty nine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, you know what.
Speaker 7: Our schemed editor Ali von Purry called me up or texted me. He's like, hey, you want to weigh in on this thing. And I was on a heater at meddle Art Golf Club and I'm like, yeah, dude, no, not doing that.
Speaker 11: I'm good. I'm sorry, I got it.
Speaker 7: I was working on a I was trying to break forty on the back nine.
Speaker 11: I'm like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I could sit here and vote for NFL MVP, but I just burdied thirteen.
Speaker 11: I got to keep pushing on. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty eight degrees in reigning right now where we are Judy, and he's out there not only playing golf, but say nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm not working nothing because I'm playing golf. All right. So here's the good news. Rank You get to contribute here.
Speaker 1: You get to gon this with Judy and tell us who you believe should win these awards.
Speaker 2: Judy, We're going to start with Offensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 9: I voted for. I don't think this is a surprise. Saquon Barkley over two thousand yards most of them. He just transformed the Philadelphia Eagles offense. I don't even think of just the constant running. I'm thinking of all the breakaway runs that we've seen where he just gets through the line of scrimmage and then takes off. We just hadn't seen that when he was with the Giants. They just didn't have the skill level on the offensive line to get him into the clear. And now that we have seen exactly what Secon can do when he's running behind a fantastic offensive line, Wow, what a player.
Speaker 8: Offensive Player of the Year for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's hard to go against Saquon Barkley, but I would like to give a little bit of love for Jamar Chase and the amazing season he had for the Cincinnati Bengals. Over seventeen hundred receiving yards, seventeen touchdowns for this team and the Bengals. It's unfortunate the Bengals weren't able to make the playoffs because I do think as far as the AFC contenders go, the Bengals are always that one team that doesn't blink whenever they're playing the Kansas City Chiefs. But Jamar Chase, I understand Saquon Barkley is likely to win this, but I think we need to give a little love to mar Chase because this was one of the best receiving seasons I could ever remember.
Speaker 1: One note on Saquon Barkley, Judy. I was listening to Wfan earlier. Our guy Greg Gianati referenced some story he read somewhere about analytics trying to figure out what would have happened if Saquon Barkley stayed with the Giants instead of going to the Eagles. They said, one more win for the Giants and one less win for the Eagles. I don't know about that math. I'm going to need them to show their work. The Eagles are not in the Super Bowl without Saquon Barkley. Defensive Player of the Year, Judy, I went.
Speaker 9: With Pat certain and I think you can make an argument for Miles Garrett, Trey Hendrickson. I thought it was time to finally give it back to a guy in the secondary, and he has been phenomenal. You're seeing one of his four interceptions. He had eleven pass breakups, and he led him like a ton of Next gen stats categories fewest total yards, fewish yards per coverage snap, lowest target rate of any corner with at least four hundred coverage snaps. This season, so they weren't even thrown in his direction and Denver had a great defense.
Speaker 8: I would give it to Certain this year.
Speaker 7: No, I absolutely agree, Judy. I think there was I think he was far and away the best player in credit le Broncos too. Remember when they made this pick, they were still looking for a quarterback and there was a number of quarterbacks still on the board, Mac Jones justin fields and they went with Patrick Certain And it looks like I mean, it looks like No, it's obvious they made the right decision right there.
Speaker 1: Offensive Rookie of the Year, brock Bauers, You're awesome, dude. I don't think anybody had anybody other than Jayde and there I could see from their faces they both had Jade and Daniels for the offensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: So let's go to defensive Rookie of the Year, Judy, I.
Speaker 9: Voted for Jared Verse. He led all rookies in quarterback hits, pressures, hurries.
Speaker 8: He had four and a half secks.
Speaker 9: He really came on in the second half of the regular season. That's when the Rams started to make their push. He was second in pressures, fourth and hurries among all defensive players.
Speaker 7: So I've got Verse, that's a great pick. But I like Quinyan Mitchell wuin Yon Mitchell, excuse me. I think that he was the most impressive. I think he was very impressive for the Eagles, a huge part of the reason why they're in the Super Bowl right now. So for me, that's who I would lead in this one. The secondary. I mean, both picks that they made in the secondary were pretty fantastic. You couple that with taking Jalen Carter recently as well, and that defense has been rebuilt and younger and only going to get better over the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: This time last year, Quinna and Mitchell was tearing it up at senior ball practices the Senior Bowl an NFL Networks Saturday. We're going to talk about that coming up in the next block. Once again, the NFL is going to hand out the Coach of the Year award to somebody not named Andy Reid.
Speaker 2: He's wonted only one time.
Speaker 1: They'll be doing that while Reid is preparing once again for the Super Bowl. Judy Year, your vote for Coach of the It's unfair like it happens at the end of the regular season. I get that, But your vote for Coach.
Speaker 9: Of the Year, well, it used to happen to Bill Belichick too. The standard is so high that how can they ever meet their own standard? Anyway, I believe the coach of the Year this year will be Kevin O'Connell. We talked about him all season, the work he did with Sam Darnold, resurrecting his career. This was supposed to be a transition year for the Minnesota Vikings, and instead he resurrected Sam Darnold, a guy who was on a one year contract. Fourteen wins, forget about how the season ended. That was a remarkable job by Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's hard to argue with that pick, Judy, but I'm going to I'm gonna say Sean Payton. Outside of one person, me, nobody expected this Broncos team to do anything, and yet they still got to the playoffs, still had an opportunity. I thought they played really well. I thought the development of bow Knicks bodes well for the future of this team. And when you look at these awards too, you know they had a guy who's in the mix for Rookie of the Year with bow Knicks. They had Patrick Surtan and now they have potentially the coach of the Year.
Speaker 11: So I think Sean Payton was the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no disrespect any of those other guys.
Speaker 1: When I referenced Andy Reid, it's just amazing to me that he's going to make the Hall of Fame be one of the winningest head coaches of all time and he's went only one time in his entire career.
Speaker 2: Did I mention that? Just one of the things that gets under my skin Judy MVP.
Speaker 9: I think it's Lamar Jackson simply because he had a historic year, first player in hist to have four thousand passing yards and eight hundred rushing yards in this single season. He had forty one touchdowns, only four interceptions, nine hundred and fifteen rushing yards. Josh Allen was superb. He made incredible plays. I think Lamar Jackson is the MVP.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really difficult to choose between these two players, but I leaned towards Josh Allen, And of course I've got the benefit of doing this right now. When we saw Josh Allen get all the way to the AFC Championship game, and even in that AFC Championship game, I know the final play has been dissected by a lot of armchair quarterbacks and people on the internet trying to figure out, like what he should have dumped it off, and like the throw that he made the Dalton Kincaid was actually exceptional, should have been caught. And I feel bad for Josh Allen. I know the majority of people watching that game were rooting for the Buffalo Bills, but I thought that Josh.
Speaker 11: Allen really elevated this team.
Speaker 7: They got rid of so much talent, you know, they got rid of all the you know, trying to match what the Chiefs have done, getting the guys and just trying to win with the Dallas Goddards of Dawson Knox and Keon Coleman's of the world.
Speaker 11: He was there lifting this team and I think he's.
Speaker 1: The MVP NFL dot Com slash Award picks. To see the full breakdown of the voting from analysts such as and this is in alphabetic order, Dan Parr, Kevin Patra ched Reuder, Wait are a no Adam rank not in there?
Speaker 2: You see?
Speaker 11: Why don't join that? I'm that's the knock jump I'm hitting.
Speaker 1: He was busy sticking his approach on thirteen. I think he said, Adam Rigg great in this program tonight. Hit him straight, my man. That's our former co worker right there at the Shrine Balls. Name is Dion Sanders. His son Shador was there. One of six Colorado players there, not all played. Shiloh Sanders had a pass deflected and broken up. We were going to show that, but I yapped too much early in the show. We're pressed for time. Jacorey Krusky Merritt touchdown ninety seven yards and two touchdowns. He was the up of MVP Dance young Man and then O'Donell Fortune O'donald Fortune.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a guy who found something at the end of the rainbow.
Speaker 1: I love the guy chasing him down the sideline. Here sixty five yards for a touchdown. The East wins twenty five nothing, the first shutout in the Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 2: Since nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 1: How about that stat right there that I totally looked up myself. That is not the only college All Star game of the week.
Speaker 2: The Reese's Senior.
Speaker 1: Ball to be played Saturday, two thirty pm Eastern. We will have it live on NFL Network and streaming on NFL Plus. We were there all week to see these practices. We saw a lot of young players shining there. We'll see who's able.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll see who's able to do that as impressive right there.
Speaker 1: He be able to do it on the playing field. Our Tom Pellisero will be matting the sidelines. He's had a chance to catch up with Brian Kelly from LSU earlier.
Speaker 5: And I just saw you over there talking with Hall of Famer Jason Taylor. Obviously his son Mason's got some pretty good jeans. What's some NFL team going to get in Mason?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 15: First of all, very smart, very good at processing anything that we did from an offensive standpoint. I mean he's going to pick it up tactically and technically. But I think, you know, the most important thing is he's an incredible competitor. And look, when you bring both of those things together, that's what you're looking for. He's got all of the you know, profile numbers in terms of size and speed, but he is an intense competitor and the moment's not too big. You know, he caught the two point conversion against Alabama and over time, you know he's targeted as a true freshman then and he continue to do that and build on in his three years in Bton Rouge.
Speaker 5: You've also got sixty percent of your offensive line here in the Reese's Senior Bowl. Emery Jones is a guy who really stood out yesterday. It looks like he is a super competitive dude as well.
Speaker 15: First of all, you know, really versatile, right, the guy that could play you know, probably three positions. You could play center, you could play guard. You know, we played him at tackle. But again, another great competitor, guy that is going to compete every single snaw and sometimes as a true freshman, and we played him in the SEC. As a true freshman, you have to kind of rely on just grit and toughness and getting through the down because some pretty good pass rushers in the SEC coming off the edge, and he did that.
Speaker 5: I know you're pretty busy in the fall, but when he got occasions to peek in on the Washington Commanders this season, what did you think of your guy, Jaden Daniels, Well.
Speaker 15: I think I'm probably a little bit different because I was telling everybody you should draft this guy because he will change your franchise, and not only as a player, and I guess, look, he probably did way more than anybody expected on the field. But his composure, his calm, his love for the game, all the things that we all want to see from players.
Speaker 2: He had that.
Speaker 15: And it's hard to articulate that to a GM sometimes or a head football coach. But I knew he had those things, and then he went and demonstrated him. So it was pretty fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was fun to watch. Look forward to seeing plenty more. Look at Darren Mujie in the middle of the Jets new general manager. We're going to talk about the guy to his left, Aaron Glenn. Judy's had some great stuff on the hiring of Aaron Glenn that is coming up next. What's up to the Johnson brothers and Hime there too. All right, here's what we should do, folks. We should have a feed on NFL Plus where you can watch an alternate version of the program where you can hear everything that's going on in our IFBs, which are the things in our ears coming from the control room. Because as we went to break, our producer Macenroe Francis yells in my ear. There's Muji in the middle because we were talking about the size heights. So Darren Muji there in the middle, great line Mac good stuff, Judy, speaking of great lines of great information, you had plenty on both of these hires. Here Muji and Aaron Glenn talk to us about how Mooji factored in to the Glenn hiring and everything the Jets are doing.
Speaker 9: So they did an incredibly thorough search. Remember they had all of this extra time because they fired Robert Sala and Joe Douglas in season, and after Joe Douglass was fired right around Thanksgiving, they launched this very extensive search. And they started, for instance, before the regular season was even over. They talked to three hundred people outside of the NFL as like background checks on potential candidates. And then once they got going, they watched miked up segments from NFL films so that they could see and hear how coaches behaved in meeting rooms, in practice huddles, in the huddle, on the sidelines. They listened to media availabilities to see how they were with the public. They sat down and came up with a list of criteria that they wanted all of the candidates to meet. They talked to former head coaches and said, what would have helped you be more successful. What do you wish you had known? It was an incredibly thorough search. They finally narrowed it down to Aaron Glenn, who was the person that Bill part Cells said at the beginning, I would start with with Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 8: They ended up with Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 9: Obviously, nothing is guaranteed that they'll win a Super Bowl this way, but certainly they feel like they have turned over every rock to get to this decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Aaron Glenn was the guy from the Jump of Strong. Caddy from the Jump wound up being the guy. Take that Ai, Take that bots nfl dot com slash Fatista for more of the insight on the Jets hires.
Speaker 2: You want to check that out.
Speaker 1: I tweeted out after the NFC Championship game it was going to be Saquon Barkley's birthday on Super Bowl Sunday, and everybody got.
Speaker 2: Up on Cooper Degene two. Don't forget about Cooper Degen. Yeah, it'll be his birthday too. If you add up their jersey numbers, by the way, twenty six and thirty three comes out to fifty nine.
Speaker 7: Woo.
Speaker 1: If you add up their ages that they're going to be, it comes out to fifty.
Speaker 2: That means absolutely nothing, Jody. Here's a Revel tweet.
Speaker 8: Take it away.
Speaker 9: If you are thinking of heading down to New Orleans for the game, here is what you're going to be paying. According to our buddy Darren Revel, average per night rates for next Saturday, Sunday Monday in New Orleans for the Super Bowl whoo forty six hundred and twenty five dollars for the big spenders in the four and five star hotels goes down to eight forty seven. And then Darren Ravel says the tickets, the get in price cost is going to be between nine fifty and seventy five hundred dollars each. Of course, that is the ticket right now face value.
Speaker 8: Will see what they go up to on the secondary market.
Speaker 1: I'll start the bidding for my media pass at three thousand. We'll keep it low and get the hammer price. Is my IDIA wounds up being. We are back next week. We're gonna be live from New Orleans. Join us then, thank you for joining us tonight on The Insiders.
Speaker 12: It the y