Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio news. Bloomberg Tech is a live from coast to coast with Caroline Hyde in New York and ed Lo Loow in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: This is Bloomberg Tech coming up.
Speaker 3: In video, CEO Jensen Wong makes a big forecast for the AI buildout.
Speaker 4: Writ your rice down, I see through twenty twenty seven at least one trillion dollars.
Speaker 5: As we discussed the AI and MNA landscape with the CEO of IBM hot off the company's own GtC announcement.
Speaker 3: And Gecko Robotics works to deploy its AI powered robots to assess the condition and readiness of the US Navy's warships.
Speaker 6: A first we turn around ten two.
Speaker 5: Well, once again a market that is focused on geopolitics, on war, but also on the eve of the federal reserve rate decision.
Speaker 6: We're currently seeing some buying of stocks. In fact, eighty.
Speaker 5: Nine of these one hundred names in the green for the NASAK one hundred. We're up for a second straight date. We're up eight ten percent, and we're seeing a little bit more of a risk on attitude there and you're going to dig into well, perhaps one of the catalysts.
Speaker 3: As I stand here right now in video, shares are completely flat in the session, but they've been on a roller coaster across two sessions. Late Monday, when jensenmong had his keynote, you can see the big spike almost five percent in the session of what was extended visibility into the demand for invidious products.
Speaker 2: Here's what he said, right, you're rise down.
Speaker 4: I see through twenty twenty seven at least one trillion dollars. A trillion dollars is an enormous amount of infrastructure. That infrastructure investment you could make on Nvidia, you could make with complete confidence. We have now proven that.
Speaker 3: Let's get right into it with Bloomberg's Equities reporter Rhyan Vslica. I mean you've summarized what the cell sized reaction has been to that one trillion dollar number.
Speaker 2: It's mixed, but on the whole bullish.
Speaker 7: What do you say, Yeah, absolutely, I would say people are in general pretty positive on this target. It really speaks to how much visibility in Vidia has growing forward. It really speaks to how they expect all this AI infrastructure spending to remain pretty durable, which is something that has come under question this year. And led to a lot of volatility across the tech space. However, I think it also just speaks to just a certain amount of uncertainty and a certain amount of hesitancy when it comes to this company and this stock. Now we wrote about this earlier this week, but Nvidia has been stuck in a pretty tight trading range for months. It's been unable to break out, even on the back of strong earnings. Even on the back of yes today's announcement, we did see a brief spike, but then as people sort of dissected the target, it came back down again. So I think there's still a lot of skepticism out there. Now, I would flag that it is hosting an analyst Q and A. I think it starts in about an hour. That is something. I think people are going to be really drilling into this one trillion number trying to understand it, and maybe that's something that will spur a little bit more gaining. But so far it seems like there's been nothing that has been able to lift the stock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because of those analysts, So it's going to be tuning in seventy five, say by the stock only one as ever, says stell Cell no, then to see more broadly at price target in the next twelve months of two hundred and sixty nine dollars, well above where we currently trade Ryan. So they're still just waiting on some other catalyst.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's hard to know what the catalyst is going to be.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 7: They've really talked about their product lineup, they've talked about their growth expectations. The multiple has really come in. It's i think one of the cheapest stocks in the mag seven. There is still a lot of questions about what is growth going to look like, you know, years out, what kind of deceleration could we see? And people are factoring that. But certainly when you talk to a lot of people, everybody still likes n Video. Everybody still thinks it's a very well run stock. They don't really see demand drawing up anytime soon. But it does seem like there's a certain amount of hesitancy. You know, it's almost like they've built up a tolerance for the kinds of games that we've seen in quarters past, where they would give some kind of big target and we'd see the stock jump twenty percent. It's a lot harder to imagine anything like that happening today.
Speaker 3: Roan, what else you're seeing on your desk this morning as it relates to GtC, Like, is there a broader market digestion of the two and a half hour speech that Jensen Wong gave yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two and a half hour.
Speaker 7: I did see a lot of people saying, you know, this could have been a lot shorter, so that was kind of funny. But beyond that, we are seeing a lot of people just digesting this. We saw some moves yesterday and IBM and optical companies and Intel, so there are a lot of companies. Like it hasn't quite been the same way that it was in years past, where they would mention a company and we'd see that stock rally. Everything is a bit more I muted right now. People are really trying to understand this and trying to understand where this trade goes from here. I've seen the sort of excitement that we saw really at the onset of the AI era.
Speaker 5: Most Roun Vasilica with all the technicals on trading this stock. Now, let's get you the fundamentals the market perspective. With Daniel Filling, his senior research analyst and portfolio manager over it, sounds capital, Daniel. I mean, let's talk about the demand for in videos products. You still see them as insatiable. We've got GPU CPU help you. What drove your optimism from yesterday's speech.
Speaker 8: Yes, so, I think the proof is in the pudding, I might say so when we look at sort of the labs and the revenue growth this year today, it has been massively accelerating. Right Zanthropics public's numbers went from fourteen to nineteen billion literally within a few weeks. And I think the crux of what is going on here is that agentic ai is here. It is as viral as zoom was at the beginning of COVID. And what I mean with that is that once somebody starts using it, it starts doing amazing things. Every colleague will follow over time, and we just don't have enough computer to really satiate this.
Speaker 9: And this is like a multi year process of sort.
Speaker 8: Of everybody is starting to use agentic ai within their own workflows. We have a billion people as knowledge workers, and we maybe have a few million agents as of today, so to me and to us, so this feels like sort of the iPhone moment of two thousand and seven and eight where everybody will want to buy an iPhone and everybody will want to run an agent, which means the numbers will likely continue to be much, much much bigger over time.
Speaker 5: And Jensen wants to be the infrastructure for that, but also not just the chips, but the operating system that goes with. Talk to us about openclore and how they're developing sort of their own operating system for that and for a gendki.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it's very interesting.
Speaker 8: So Nvidia created the security framework to wrap these open source agents within an enterprise, right And why do they do that, right, Because then an agent will be able to access your calendar, your payment mechanisms, your documents, so it's got to be very, very safe and secure. So this is one of the key bottlenecks that people have to overcome to install all agents within the enterprise space. And then, as n Video always does, they sort of create their own markets. So they created this framework called Nemo Claw, which means that everybody, every enterprise in the world now can implement an agent locally on their devices, which means that this growth can really start to accelerate within the enterprise because the security is there.
Speaker 3: Daniel my Bloomberg Terminal tells me SANS Capital has about twenty million in video shares.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 9: Yes, Ballparker.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to the number twenty twenty five. Through the end of calendar twenty twenty six five fiscal quarters was five hundred billion dollars of demand just for Blackwell and Reuben. I think that Bernstein were able to confirm with in VIDEOSCFO that the one trillion is also Blackwell and Rubin, including associated networking. But there was a bit that Jensen said in passing right after that sentence, which was we will be short. In other words, I think they're still massively supply constrained relative to demand. How are you interpreting that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I would agree. I think there's two things we need to see here.
Speaker 8: One, the hyperscaler revenue growth has to accelerate to get you know, to basically maybe get a market away from focusing on some sort of peak cycle concern and back to focusing on sort of this growth and tokens that Jensen is talking about. So once we start seeing hyper scalers really reaccelerate because they're buying all these chips, I think that concern goes away. And then the second piece is the demand is truly viral, right, so everybody.
Speaker 9: In the world.
Speaker 8: I think we'll start seeing these agents as a massive productivity tool. If your colleagues are five to ten times more productive than you, then you have to implement it as well. And we think the penetration of agents today is within single digits percentages, right, So as we go from single digits tow one hundred percent, it's a billion people. That means you need so much more canacter works.
Speaker 3: The associated data point with the one trillion bar chart was the pie chart that sixty percent of that demand is still coming from the hyperscalers. It wasn't that long ago that we were very focused on how much in Nvidia diversified away from the hyperscalers. It seems like that hyperscalar portions just going up.
Speaker 9: Yes and no.
Speaker 8: Right, So hyperscalers are by far the biggest purchases of these things. But there's also the neo clouds, which are investing heavily and actually also very interesting enough governments will be able to invest more.
Speaker 9: Going forward as well. And in Video is playing a key role in that, right.
Speaker 8: They're one of the leading open source providers of these models, which means as a government, you can take the open source nemotron model from Nvideo implemented locally, you can buy all the chips from Nvidia at the same time and sort of run your own local cloud within your country. So I think those three will be quite important, but hyperscalers will always be very important in all of us.
Speaker 5: Daniel, It's interesting that really where Jensen always tries to lean in is differentiation, the fact that he's got the right chip for the right workload at the right time, and that's why they started.
Speaker 6: To talk a lot more about inference and growth for example.
Speaker 5: But I'm interested about he usually pushes us forward a little bit more.
Speaker 6: Yes, we've already actually heard a.
Speaker 5: Lot about Vera Rubin, we know a lot about Blackwell, but why not even push us into feyn minimal. Why not hear about the next situation, because it's like every single year we've got a new architecture coming for us.
Speaker 8: Yes, I would actually say what happened yesterday is quiet revolution area. So Nvidia is the first company that we'll have two different types of chips for inference. So for calling on the AI models to get an answer, there's a new LPU chip which is super fast.
Speaker 9: Nobody else has that, and that's combined.
Speaker 8: Together with sort of the old sort of the generalized GPUs that they always had in the past. And then he did give an astonishing quote that LPU are the fast chips. There will be thirty five times more performant on the performance per work basis, and anything that was there before thirty five times. So I do think those jumps are just as good, maybe even better than in the past.
Speaker 3: Daniel, you clearly have a command of the spec right generations generation on the chips. I'll take it back to the stock. You know, Carr outlined where the cell side stands on this name. The question for you and for sans capital, do you buy more based on what you heard on stage in San Jose?
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 8: So I think this event itself has been very reaffirming of the future, but the entire debate about the stock I think will be resolved truly by this. The market is looking at n Video as a business that is.
Speaker 9: At peak revenue and peak earnings.
Speaker 8: We disagree, and the reason why we disagree is everything we discussed before agentic.
Speaker 9: Ai is exploding in terms of demand.
Speaker 8: Now this all will get resolved once the free cash flow and the revenue growth of the buyers of these chips. Are you that sixty percent of the hyperskillers, for example, will start growing again, And whenever you start seeing this, this entire debate will be resolved because the market will say we're going from peak concerns to actually this is a very structural, durable growth trajectory the next five to ten years. I don't know precisely when this will be solved, but my guess is that we're going to see a significant acceleration hyper skill and revenue growth within the next one or two years because they're buying hundreds of billions of dollars of these chips. And then maybe equally important, the return or the payback periods off these chips is actually improved in the past twelve months because we're completely sold out, so basically you're buying a GPU and you're getting your money back in record time, which again then leads to the point of the hyper skills. We'll start seeing more growth, better free cash for growth, which should translate then hopefully to a positive outcome.
Speaker 9: Fund video.
Speaker 2: Daniel Pelling from SANSKAF, so, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Let's check in on the sheds of Uber and Lyft right now in the green, as we'll see significantly, and that's after both companies announced deepening partnerships within Video, which is currently down three tens percent.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 5: Uber says it plans to drull out a global fleet of in Vidia powered self driving vehicles across twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Cities by twenty twenty eight. Lift Meanwhile, we'll use in.
Speaker 5: Video's AI to strengthen machine learning systems across it's on operations for more blue most consumer apps and gig economy, reported Natalie Lang joints this. Now, what's interesting with Uber is that we've had some big, bold ambitions articulated back in February was it and one hundred thousand cars are going to be on the road in this partnership within video.
Speaker 6: But what's the timeline now looking like?
Speaker 10: So the updated timeline is that these vehicles will be scaled across twenty eight studies by twenty twenty eight, and that will really start in earnest in twenty twenty seven in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I mean, Uber is about a percentage point of having its best days since June of last year. So like at first You're like, this is a name check that's driving the stock, but really it's it's more updates to.
Speaker 2: An existing partnership.
Speaker 3: What about Lift then, I mean this really is by name association because it's more about internal use.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's about internal use. But part of the release also mentions future possible deployments of n video powered vehicles on the Lift platform, but we don't have a lot of details on the manufacturer partner yet. Whereas for Uber, they have a couple of partnerships already announced, such as Lucid and neuro vehicles, wave vehicles or with Nissan that will that will be powered by video chips and technology.
Speaker 5: I think it sort of goes to what RBC's analyst Brad Erickson was spelling out that all of this news vindicates perhaps both Uber and Lift's role as platforms in the av era. We'd all been worried about competition, but actually they're the ones that can bring it all together.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, and in this further shows it's not just a demand generation platform. It's not just going to be an app that will allow people to hail a robotaxi. But here we can see that Uber wants to be the fleet partner. It wants to support some remote assistance operation for these fleets that they run themselves with partners as well.
Speaker 3: Blubos Natalie Lung across all the movies in the G economy space. After GtC Thank You, another deal announced Amidia's GtC conference. IBM will collaborate with the ship maker on an open source project aim to help enterprises use AI at scale. We sat down with IBM CEO Avin Krishna for more in the deal and on his take about the wider M and A landscape.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 11: I think the regulatory environment is definitely friendlier where we got this.
Speaker 2: Done in just under four months.
Speaker 11: Where you used to take a lot longer a few years back.
Speaker 6: If regulatory environment is friendlier, should we be doing more of it?
Speaker 5: Should there be more M and A particularly with some beaten up overall valuations of software companies at the moment.
Speaker 11: I'll just say watch the space, Oh watch.
Speaker 5: This space, okay, But where would you want to add on in this moment and what would make sense to be adding to your portfolio?
Speaker 11: So we are very focused hybrid class and AI and the intersection. The work we're doing together with Nvidia was a five times speed up, so five times, not five percent, not a little amount, but five times. So there we began to leverage the Nvidia GPUs together with some of their cudf or software, combining with our watsonex dot data and the example we used was our client Nestley, where together we managed to get that speed up across their massive amounts of data. And that really is important in that case, combining some of the technologies we work on also an open source with the Presta Presto data engine Nvidia and the example at NESLE. But then we're very excited we're going to do more work on that and then take it into the market and take it out to hundreds of clients from there.
Speaker 3: That was IBN CEO of Increationna Karen. Many more headlines out there there is.
Speaker 6: It's time to talk talking tech.
Speaker 5: First up, the UK is ramping up it push into quantum computing, committing well the one boy three billion dollars over the next four years.
Speaker 6: It's a major bet on a technology.
Speaker 5: Increasingly seen as critical to national security, future economic competitiveness for US. Don't expect memoryship shortages to ease anytime soon.
Speaker 6: Sk Heinex well, it says that the crunch could last another four to five years.
Speaker 5: Sk Group chairman that's Anthony J notes that while chipmakers have already.
Speaker 6: Ramped up, capacity may.
Speaker 5: Not be enough to satisfy demand until around twenty thirty. And Samsung, while is already pulling back on its Galaxy Z trifled just three months after the launch. So the South Korean company plans to halt sales and the nearly three thousand dollars device in its home market, and the US discontinuation expected to follow it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Coming up amid the chaos of the Iron conflict, Bitcoin is emerging as an unlikely oasis for some investors.
Speaker 2: We have more on that. Next.
Speaker 3: This is Bloomberg Tech, one of the world's best known investors in Nvidia rc CEO Kathy Woods, so she's optimistic about the return on investment from Frontier AI model providers. She spoke with Bloomberg's Anda Edwards in London.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 12: We are seeing a revenue generation exploding from the frontier model providers. Athropics annualized revenue run rate so ARR went from nine billion in December to nineteen billion today. So annualizing revenue at nineteen billion that's that's astonishing growth open AI from twenty to twenty five billion. The productivity that we are enjoying from these large language models is astonishing. Even within our own firm. I'm even former skeptics that this was going to amount to very much, you know, very New York skepticism. They're blown away by what they can do.
Speaker 13: Just to take a detail to geopolitics, because it's the I'm such a dominant market driver, and I wonder how.
Speaker 6: It influences your thinking.
Speaker 13: We are week three of a wall that's taking place in the Middle East. Many tech businesses, of course probably quite insulated from everything that is happening there. But I wonder, does it what rethinking? Does it prompt at arc? What shift in in focus or shift in strategy if any does this kind of thing.
Speaker 12: Prompt Yes, well, of course it depends how long term this is, and we are thinking it will be short term. We do have midterm elections this year and other considerations. But of course energy price is going up. Any supply shock to the extent it slows unit growth down, it will slow down the learning curves associated with various technologies. If this is you know, a month or two months it's not going to have a big impact at all if this is extended.
Speaker 2: COVID.
Speaker 12: We did not understand that the supply shock would reverberate for three years and that inflation would take off, and that monetary policy would accommodate the inflation the way it did. We're not in that situation right now. Monetary policy is not accommodating inflation. We're at four point three percent M two growth on a year over year basis, so nothing like the high twenties, low thirties in COVID.
Speaker 5: Oksen mkathy Wood there alongside Bloomberg's Anna Edwards, and let's talk more about the war in Iraq because it is fueling volatility across global markets. But cryptocurrencies I'm actually imagining as an unexpected bright spot of late Bitcoin and its.
Speaker 6: Peers of rally during these times geo.
Speaker 5: Political stress for more Bloemberg cross ass that reports as well. Lee joins us look on the day a little bit of pullback.
Speaker 6: Over the last few.
Speaker 5: Weeks, we've actually finally seen somewhat more buying or less parishless.
Speaker 6: I think it's both.
Speaker 14: Bitcoin has been resilient, it's now on a sixth week high and unlike it's other asset classes, gold equities or even other ASEC classes, it's seen a relative calm. The volatility of bitcoin has been kind of flat and really can point to it to many things. Maybe it's institutional buying, or maybe it's just a narrative. Although what a lot of my analysts are saying, at least when they talk to me, it's really more institutions, especially corporate treasuries. For every fall they absorb it and they buy more of the supply.
Speaker 3: There is a technical or i guess a better phrase rate transactional part of this story which you write about. The rally is driven in parts by traders unwinding their options bets.
Speaker 2: Could you explain that quickly?
Speaker 14: Is about this is the thing with bitcoin. It's interesting because more than the sentiment, it's really all about this mechanic. So we have traders unwinding their options bets, those that bet that bitcoin will continue to fall, and so when they underwind that, traders close out their negative positions.
Speaker 6: Bitcoin rallies.
Speaker 14: And we have about one point five billion dollars of bitcoin puts clustered around the sixty thousand level, and now we're around seventy five thousand level, which is again a six month high, so which is really impressive. And there are one point three billions of calls at seventy five thousand, So that's why you see bitcoin rally. But again it's more about narrative. We're moving beyond that now, it's about mechanics. I mean, you look at etfight. One and a half billion dollars have flown a month to day, so that's really a sign of confidence.
Speaker 3: Then Bloomberg Zazabellie, thank you, Carol. What you're looking at, well.
Speaker 5: I just want to look at what's happening in the world of stable coins because a bit of an acquisition has happened with MasterCard and b the NK. Look, this is a company that they're buying for one point eight billion dollars to really ride into the infrastructure play of stable coins. Remember Coinbase were looking at that asset and they decided to walk.
Speaker 6: Away when it cost them two billion. That were the reports at.
Speaker 3: Least, welcome back to Bloomberg Tech. One of the other stories out this morning is Qualcomm buying back another twenty billion dollars of shares, also boosting its dividend from eighty nine cents to ninety two cents. The story is pretty simple, as Qualcomm tells it, they want to bolster shareholder returns while also continuing to try and diversify this business from smartphone to things like automotive and increasingly and more recently data centered. That's what the CEA, Christiano amon is talking about in the statement, stock up two percent and then another check on in video we're now modestly lower four tenths of one percent. The peak of Monday session during genson One's keynote was a gain of five percent, which very quickly faded as the market interpreted the twenty twenty five to twenty twenty seven outlook or forecast of a trillion dollars of demand for its AI compute. We're now down half percentage.
Speaker 5: Point carac Yeah, and two and a half hours of speeching it would feel Gensenhan didn't actually only just forcus that trillion dollars, of course, said he also talked about what the company will need to get there, including more copper and optics capacity. That those comments really rattle shares the companies that make data center optical components. Let's talk about it overly most common rhinikey, we're off by one and a half percent on Canning and some other suppliers at the moment. But what's been interesting is Lamentum and Coherent. They've been running up into this announcement on the anticipation that we're all in on optics, and it looks as.
Speaker 6: Though there's a double barreled strategy.
Speaker 15: Yeah, totally. And it's so interesting because we see those run ups and then we just have one little comment from Jensen Wong and it just you know, unraveled right away. So yeah, I mean what he said was basically that you know, copper is still going to be or is going to remain important in these data center buildouts, which just I guess made some of the investors a little bit concerned about all of these you know, optics components. The thing that's interesting, a lot of analysts did say this morning in some notes following GtC that you know, both are definitely going to remain important in these buildouts going forward, So there's probably not huge cause for concern here. And we did see some some of those stocks were covered today. I think Lumentum did kind of go back up, and so is in positive territory.
Speaker 3: Now common what's the experience of a GtC like for the equities team. Every single time on stage there was a name check of any given company, you'd notice a little tick higher in some of those stocks, which were the ones of substance and which were just literally name checks.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean it ends up being such a like a flurry of excitement as we're all rushing to you know, send headlines and watch these shares move. I mean we did see some things, you know, move quite materially, you know, outside of Lumentum Coherent. We saw shares of Uber and Lyft jump on partnerships that were announced. IBM shares also jumped, and then there were some other little, smaller ones where things quickly faded. I mean, one that was actually kind of interesting is Nvidia itself had a very big spike, you know, around that one trillion figure, and then actually paired most of those gains sort of as the market digested it. But yeah, overall, we really are seeing again that you know, Jensen's comments have the ability to move markets, to move these stocks, and it actually is a little bit of a flip from last year. We didn't see a ton of movement around GtC investors were really sort of concerned about the macro and you know, had a lot of AI skepticism.
Speaker 6: So seeing a little bit of.
Speaker 15: A trend kind of maybe back towards normal this year where you know, they have the power to move stocks of other companies.
Speaker 3: Bloomber's Cullen Rhinike, thank you very much. Let's stick with what's going on broader markets today, particularly for tech and bringing Carosh Life, chief market strategists at BEMO Wealth Management, and on a very serious note, like with everything going on, you know, the war in Iran, considerations around trade, a number of headlines relayings trade this morning, even a decline of four tenths of a percent for Nvidia. It's the second biggest points drag at the index level for then as that one hundred, Carol, you know how closely were you watching GtC of the last twenty four hours for some macro level impact.
Speaker 16: I think not necessarily a macro level impact. And it's really important to zoom out from what's going on in these day to day basises and try to think intermediate, longer term. Clearly markets are trying to get beyond that, and I think it's one of the reasons why you've seen the aggregate indexes hold in so tightly because realistically, given all the news we've had since basically the first weekend before January, we've had several different wars, conflicts started here, lots of stuff that have hit the markets, and yet the aggregate averages are still hugging that close to all time highs even though there's been a lot of turbulence underneath. But I think that indicative of the fact that people are really leaning into You've still got growth stories going on. You had GtC reaffirm that growth story, I mean a trillion dollars if you will out over the next couple of years, and so you've got a lot of momentum underneath, and investors don't want to be out of the market when some of that macro clears.
Speaker 2: I find that interesting.
Speaker 3: You know, as Jensen Wong tells it, the global economy is in the early phase of a transition spanning agentic AI through to robotics in the physical AI space.
Speaker 2: You know, if you've.
Speaker 3: Started classic economics, how does one prepare for that as an investor to understand where in that transition the global economy is?
Speaker 16: Well, I think one of the things you do is understand we are in the middle of a transition. They tend to be really muddy where you're in the very short term or the new phases of a technology. I was rolling it back thinking to when we first got Excel and word perfect in some of the other early software, and everyone was trying to figure out how do I use it?
Speaker 10: Do I have to.
Speaker 16: Put everything into a spreadsheet or just some things into a spreadsheet? And when you have that sort of reconfiguration, if you will, it takes some period of time to figure out what the impacts are. But rolling it back and looking at company after company, country after country reinvesting or investing for the first time in a long time in some of those really important infrastructure and capital investments, and that has a long, long, live and long tail to it, if you will. But it's also important to remember from economics one oh one that a lot of the economic stats we have were meant to measure a very different society than we have now or are emerging too, and so that'll be part of the challenge. So as investors, I think part of it is stay diversified, stay long, lean into it, and don't get too don't hyperventilate too much about day to day activity.
Speaker 5: Should you be leaning more into the compute buildout, the AI infrastructure build out.
Speaker 6: That's what's worked for the last few years.
Speaker 5: And I'm looking at Nevies today for example, it's selling well convertible debt to be able to continue to build out. It's so neocloud offering. We know it's going to deal with meta. Should you belong that space?
Speaker 16: Well, I think a piece of it is to understand not only the buildout, but to look far and wide for those companies that are leaning into using the new technology as well, because there's lots of different applications, different places that it has the chance to supplement if you will, not necessarily replace everybody. But and so where are those leaders that are encouraging in their employees, if you will, and prepping their employees to be able to lean in and those new technology.
Speaker 5: I mean they've got to lean in because many of them are going to be forced out. Look, there's another headline in your space of a banking NUDEA, which is a NAUDIC bank saying they're gonna be laying off some five percent of staff because of AI productivity.
Speaker 6: Now you can call it AI washing. But when someone.
Speaker 5: Like Jack Dorsey is laying off forty percent of staff, and he's thinking he can do that because of AI. We just going to see more and more of that impacting the labor force.
Speaker 16: I think it's interesting because I do think there's a a if you will have AI washing to some of it. But there's also the issue that these leaders are looking for people in their organizations who and they're giving them seats at the table, the ones that are rolling up their sleeves, getting messy trying this stuff out and figuring it out. But also there was a reporter out recently that talked about the bulk of the space being done in AI is done on the technology, not on teaching people how to use it. So there's a piece of it where we have to create an environment where it's okay for people to experiment with it. We're not going to replace overnight some of these macro systems, and especially in highly regulated industries like banking, it's hard to believe that you're necessarily going to totally displace an old software and allow agentic AI to take over all of it. But it is going to supplement what each of us.
Speaker 9: Are doing and how we're doing it.
Speaker 16: And you go back and look just in my business in analysis, where we started with hand plotted charts and hand calculated moving averages to deploying new technology all the way along makes me a lot more productive day to day. And I think that's what companies are looking for. But each of us individually is going to have to figure out how to lean into that.
Speaker 5: Too well, said Cowash Life, Chief Market Strutches. That be my wealth management, who is appreciate your time. Let's talk about that disrupt little bit more Now for labor, because China.
Speaker 6: It faces a key test.
Speaker 5: It's the nation's AI boom really reshaped industries while putting millions of jobs at risk.
Speaker 6: Now analysts worn that up.
Speaker 5: To one hundred and forty two million urban jobs could vanish by twenty forty nine due to rapid AI driven automation.
Speaker 6: China correspondent Min Minla reports in Beijing.
Speaker 2: Juju Hi.
Speaker 17: You know financial tribium that almost looks like me, but it's not. It's an AI generated video based on a single screenshot. Tools from Earli, Bubba, ten Cent, Kwaisho are making AI video generation accessible to millions, sometimes for free.
Speaker 18: Our company, I can't imagine without AI, how can we survive?
Speaker 6: At the beginning.
Speaker 18: Without AI, I don't think our game can actually be done in one year.
Speaker 17: It's brought huge productivity gains for this game developer, but also raised alarms in the entertainment industry. Disney and Paramount to have accused by dons of IP infringement after its video generator produced near cinematic scenes from just a text prompt. The fear is that AI could replace not just mundane tasks, but jobs across creative industries.
Speaker 18: The painting, if we use like labor works, it's like two thousands to four thousand for one piece, but with AI, we only use like probably two R and B for one piece.
Speaker 17: For policymakers, the challenge is balancing growth will.
Speaker 9: Nurture emerging industries and industries of the.
Speaker 18: Future with disruption jingle jinin The rapid development of AI is having a profound impact on employment.
Speaker 17: The China Economic Journal projects that more than thirty percent of urban jobs in China could be lost to AI by twenty forty nine. That's one hundred and forty two million jobs. That's a scenario that could threaten social stability. Beijing is aiming to create another twelve million jobs this year with just as many graduates set to enter an already select labor market.
Speaker 19: In finance and it if they're warn't for these kind of regulatory barriers, about thirty to forty percent of the job could have been lost right away. If you're thinking about the automation AI replacement of a junior rows, it's already happening massively in China.
Speaker 17: That leads Seating Ping's government with a dilemma. China counterford to fall behind, and it's tachways with the United States. But the implications of a tech revolution are far from clear.
Speaker 20: If we let AI replace the jobs without taxing the AI appropriately, then then it can really get to the core of the consumer economy. And we got to think about the sort of tax policy that is targeted specifically at what is driving those job job losses.
Speaker 19: It will be in the regulatory framework at some point. I just don't see it as a choice yet because we're at the very early stage of promoting the application of AI. So the great area must be caps actually by a very wide margin.
Speaker 17: Last de State Media published a landmark arbitration case in Beijing that sets some early guard rails. Dismissing an employee because of AI is illegal because it's a business decision for profit, not an uncontrollable event. That means companies must prioritize retraining and reassignment before dismissing an employee. But for now, all signs that the two sessions suggest the government is going all in on tech at the risk of leaving some people behind.
Speaker 2: That was Bloomberg's mem in Lau.
Speaker 3: Coming up, Gecko Robotics makes a deal with the US Navy to monitor and maintain it's warships. We speak with CEO Jake Lucerian. That's next. This is Bloomberg Tech.
Speaker 6: US government.
Speaker 5: Well, it's stepping up its use of AI to monitor aging, infrastructure and modernized military systems and a new push. Gecko Robotics has announced seventy one million dollar partnership with the US Navy, deploying its AI powered robots to assess the condition the readiness of American warships joining US now. Jake lucis Arian, Gecko Robotics CEO and co founder Jake can you measure what your robots are able to achieve in terms of real term military readiness?
Speaker 21: We're all about measuring the real information and details on the ground, and so we swarm our robots all over these ships as you see in the videos, and what they're doing is they're gathering ground truth and information that would typically take three or four months to be done and gather one one millionth of the amount of information data set that is not filtered to any source of truth and software that could be gathered and then and then in perpetuity be evaluated to help with planning into the future. What we're providing to the Navy, and kudos to the Navy for adopting this technology, you know, in a way that's giving them an advantage over others that deal with the same problem every single day. They're taking very seriously this demands of getting to eighty percent readiness of their fleets and to collect all this information data that can help perpetuate goodness both now saving three to four months of cycle time in maintenance cycles, but also to the future to plan smarter so that we have less and less days of downtime for the vessels.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're seeing them flying, we're seeing them climbing, we're seeing the hardware, but you're also about the interpretation of the data as well. How are you developing your own models to ensure that the right information is getting to the end user.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's this example. And when we say at.
Speaker 21: The company, a lot is if it's not ready, it doesn't count. And that's very important as it relates to the readiness of our fleets, as it relates to the Turing conflict, what's going on right now in the Middle East, and then also on the Pacific side. And you know, we've been doing this for thirteen years or sort of the company of a college dorm with this idea of what if you could diagnose.
Speaker 2: The health of the built world?
Speaker 21: You know, what could that enable as it relates to predicting what the future structures, how they should be built, and then what we're going to what's going to occur, and how to prevent that from occurring. And so we've been improving these models and believing that if you can gather the information in data using robots, turn atoms and the bits, you can have such an incredible advantage as related to how to make infrastructure smarter, make it, make it more efficiently, and make even new structures. And so these models are all being fed into a central source of truth, a digital thread for critical infrastructure called Candileer.
Speaker 2: Jake youa.
Speaker 3: You presented basically at the Winning the AI Race summer in DC last year, which was very much focused on this administration's policy platforms for AI. I'm curious in the time that that since past you've done a deal with the Navy. You got it done, and I wonder what that's like, you know, to see a project through to fruition with some of the military apparatus of this nation.
Speaker 21: It is so exciting and so incredible to see the Navy being a leader in the world as relates to giving our warfighters an advantage and advantage that no other navy around the world, including China, has, and that's the ability to have this incredible advantage with robotics in AI to speed up how quickly we're gathering information and then to deploying it. We're not just doing that, you know, for the US government, We're doing that for the largest companies in the world, companies like ADOC ADNOC, who's giving this AI and robotics native approach. It's such an incredibly advanced way. We're bringing that same technology and beyond to the Navy and ensuring as well that it's not just about talk about five years or ten years where you're going to see autonomous systems and robots and AI affecting the Navy in our and helping our warfighters. No, this is actually happening today, and that is something that the administration cares deeply about. That's something that Secretary Phalan of the Navy cares deeply about. If you want to have the best Navy in the world, the best assets and programs in the world, most robust, you need impact today and as you're seeing today, matters, and it matters more than ever.
Speaker 3: Right, Jake, what is your core competence at Gecko Robotics. Are you good at hardware or are you good at software?
Speaker 21: We're good at building robotics systems that go out and gather information and data sets that no one want knew how to ever capture before, but then to interpreting it to allow for decisions to be made, to give you advantages that can speed up times to bring critical infrastructure that's you know, constantly delayed, constantly over budget because of how hard it is to find out where are things broken, how to fix it. The robots are able to gather all the information, not how to destroy the infrastructure and assets to gather it and then provide the ability to optimize where to make the repairs, the replacements, and then into the future how to plan for that to potentially never even have a shutdown. You know, we've been able to prevent shutdowns at oil and gas facilities that were going to occur that would have cause big explosions, and for the Navy be able to accelerate and give them advantages in terms of how to get our ships at a dry dock and defending our values. And so we're just so incredibly proud to be serving the Navy in this way, and just kudos to the Navy for taking a big, bold step as related to giving us this advantage.
Speaker 3: J Luceerrarian of Gecko Robotics great to heavy back on the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much,