Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, I'm strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: A new video circulating online appearing to show North Korean soldiers in Russia's Far East. It's still unclear when the video was shot, but this comes after South Korea's National Intelligence Service reported that in recent weeks, approximately fifteen hundred North Korean soldiers were transported to Russia. Then they're estimating in all up to twelve thousand soldiers will be sent.
Speaker 2: The RUSSI up denies this.
Speaker 3: Ukrainian President Lensky warning of a new threat, saying Ukraine has clear evidence showing people are being supplied to Russia from North Korea and that this means another country is joining the war.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as Josh Rogan of the Washington Posts did discussed with us on Thursday, when Joe is not here, this is how things turn into world wars. North Korea has what they say, they're twelve thousand troops they sent to Russia, and Zelensky believes they're going to be put into the war against Ukraine, and Iran is funding Russia So yeah, that's a lot of enemies of the West come together.
Speaker 2: Why would North Korea get involved?
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about that technological assistance, food, maybe just cash, although Russia's little cash strapped right now.
Speaker 4: Well, there's some belief that in exchange for missile technology that they don't have. They've got nuclear weapons, but the ability to deliver it they've always been behind on. Russia's got the best of that practically in the world. So maybe that's the deal Putin's making as well.
Speaker 2: Certainly is the deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's running short on human bodies because he feeds them into the grinder of and lets them all die.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: Getting quite frightening, not that it wasn't horribly frightening before.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So from Kim Jung nils or, I'm sorry, Kim Jong UN's perspective, Given over fifteen twenty twenty five thousand men in exchange for really up to date missile technology to feed into the meat grinder, the machine gun fodder, Yeah, that's a good deal for Un.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and for Putin. He didn't care if North Korea has nuclear capability of hitting Western countries. In fact, he probably likes it. The instability, Yeah, China conducting the biggest exercises they've ever conducted around Taiwan. I'm enough like pretend blockades to pull off a blockade in like a matter of minutes if they wanted to in recent weeks. So he got that whole story and then this article over the weekend, which I found highly troubling. A Mid East Amid East shift is underway without Israel. Before the October seventh attack, Saudi Arabia was opening to forging a stronger tie with Israel. There was some belief that the big giant development may actually happen where Saudi Arabia normalizes their relationship with Israel, and that would reshape the Middle East in a way that had never been ever in any of our lives. Now a year into the war, it's warning it's warming up to its traditional enemy Iran. And I saw that headline, I thought, why would that happen? Here's why, MBS Prince Muhammad is sensitive to public opinion, as you have to be.
Speaker 2: If you're a dictator. Because of public.
Speaker 4: Opinion turns against you, you end up hanging him by your feet, which is hardened toward Israel. Over the past year, the Gulf regent has one of the world's youngest populations. The average age of saudis twenty nine years old.
Speaker 2: Think about that. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Many of its citizens are transfixed by the endless stream of horrific images coming out of Gaza on their social media feeds, changing many of their once positive or at least ambivalent attitudes toward a deal with Israel. Oh boy, the Kingdom will not cease its tireless efforts to establish an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital.
Speaker 2: MBS set over the weekend.
Speaker 4: What now it's back to there needs to be a Palestinian state or there is no deal whatsoever. In a speech akin to the State of the Union address the other day, he went on and on about the two state solution and the horrors of the way Israel's treating the Palestinians. So that had gone away for a couple of years there now it's back with full force and with a whole bunch of countries in the Middleast. Because apparently this whole Palestinians dying thing has really gotten people's attention.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I understand that it could well be that the tide rolls back in or out. However, you want to, you know, use the metaphor when the dust settles somewhat, But when that is, is anybody scarce? So yeah, it looks like at the very least the momentum of the Abraham Accords has been set back by.
Speaker 2: Years, decades. I don't know where it's dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that could be too where either one of these conflicts and again their kind of merging ish the quality is really troubling. With Iran being so involved in helping out Russia, China is helping out Russia, all these things being tied together. Whoever's elected president, Kamala Harris or Donald Trump is going to have a heap and helping of things to deal with on the world stage.
Speaker 1: And and well, and don't any indication well, yeah, God help us all. We don't have any indication whatsoever of Kamala Harris's foreign policy leanings other than to be a spokes spokesperson for the Biden incrementalism. Never do anything until you absolutely have to approach.
Speaker 4: No, and you know, may they have wise advisors. We're gonna have a new team in place for better or worse in minutes. And it might be one of those deals. There's no managing a good end to any of these just might be a case. You could have the wisest diplomats in world history. You'd have Churchill and Kissinger and Ike and whoever the hell else you want to get from world history.
Speaker 2: It might it just might not be a good outcome. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the realities that politicians never talk about, but it's absolutely undeniable when you talk about international relations geopolitics, is that there are some problems that can be solved. You win some, you lose some, but the there's another large group of issues, and that's you just you maintain it the best you can. It's like a chronic health condition. You're not going to cure it. Some days it's going to be much worse than other days, and you just it's like the Israel thing. Please, you know, I got some grain in my beard at this point. I've been following the stuff since I was a little kid. The sixty seven war. I was, you know, learning to go poo poop by myself.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. Yeah, it's going pretty well anyway.
Speaker 1: So it could just be yeah, you know, Uh, on my dying day, I'm going to look up at the news and it's gonna say unrest in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Well, that's thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, that's fine as long as we're not involved in it heavily and it expands into Russia and China and North Korea and everything else. I'm fine with the Middle East being unsettled for the rest of my life. I don't care about yeah. Yeah, well yeah. As to the other thing, what is I don't know what to say about that.
Speaker 2: I hope so, I hope not too. Saudi Arabian Iran coming together, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that seems like a little pr marriage of convenience.
Speaker 2: But who knows. Yeah, well, so was Japan and Germany in a way during World War Two? So weagan?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well in New Germany and the Soviet Union. Yeah, I don't know. You just adjust your sales, Jack. You keep on trying freaking north. That's very can do spirit about World War Three? No, I'm trying to be positive. North Korean soldiers fighting in Ukraine. Holy crap?
Speaker 2: Has that happened yet? Zelenski thinks it's going to.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's that's getting close to some sort of nightmare scenario.
Speaker 2: I tell you what I'd say.
Speaker 4: That's what we were discussing with Josh Rogan last week when you had abandoned the show and it's time of neat. Here's my dumbest headline of the day.
Speaker 2: I always like these. It's from the New York Post. Of course, I'm a gen Z Disney worker.
Speaker 4: They hate me because they say I dress like a stripper, but they just don't know fashion.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, okay, dressed like a cylinder stripper.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll click on that. Theres how sexy if.
Speaker 4: You click on those stories because you're that desperate to see a young hot chick dressed scantily than I am.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, I'm at work, it's a slow day. I got nothing else to do. Let me see this trip for Disney chick. Why are you so judgmental?
Speaker 2: Come on? Because it's pathetic. That's why I came across this too. I liked it.
Speaker 4: After working the friar at McDonald's yesterday, I asked Trump if he thinks the minimum wage should be raised.
Speaker 2: I was kind of curious this is what Trump would say? He said, well, I think this.
Speaker 4: These people work hard, they're great, and I just saw something a process.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful. Anybody else got a question? Wow, Wow, that's a hard no. As the kids say, good. Uh yeah, clearly all. Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wish somebody would say, well, no, I'm not for artificial minimum wages. This is price and a buyer willing to pay the price coming together. Labor is like any other product.
Speaker 4: Well, he might say that if we're two weeks and two days from now, But we're two weeks from an election that seems to be decided by a lot of minimum wage workers.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, and false promises.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I'm going through my notes. I was in San Francisco for a couple of days. I saw a couple of these. I saw this headline how San Francisco learned to love self driving taxis. I saw a couple across town near San Francisco's Ferry Building. Half a dozen driverless cars pulled up to the curb, dropping off and picking up a mix of locals and visitors. Way Moo's sleep white Jaguars decked out with whirling sensors and cameras or a constant presence. I saw a couple, but then I thought I should ride one of those. But I never looked into what app I need to get or how I get signed up for the driverless car?
Speaker 1: Super nice looking vehicles like, yeah, I would do it out of curiosity on hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and assume that I'm not going to be driven to that's not going to immediately lock the doors, drive me to a bad neighborhood and rape me or something sodomized.
Speaker 2: Mark Jeff Wow. Wow, I was thinking of robbery.
Speaker 1: But you know whatever, Although you send us all those pictures around of Union Square and the surrounding area, which, if you're not familiar, used to be shouldered shoulder with humanity, especially in the more pleasant weather months of the year and shopping and food and drink and frivolity, and all the streets are empty. Maybe it's because those cars mowed everybody down. I don't know.
Speaker 4: We had, I think mocked the idea of these a week ago and said that it's never going to work. But according to this article, self driving cars have won hearts and minds, and he TechEd forward city. After a rocky start for the last year and a half, last summer, Weimo, which is owned by Google, was operating about ten thousand paid rides a week. By May it was fifty thousand. Now it's one hundred thousand. Wow, So it went from ten thousand to one hundred thousand in a year rides. The robotaxi race is on and Weimo is pulling ahead. So that's interesting. I wish I'd written in one I will next time I get the chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some futuristic stuff. I know it has its challenges, but I don't want to be cynical about everything. That's an amazing achieve.
Speaker 4: What's the ad Is there an advantage over me just getting an Uber driver or is it just the idea that it's the future. Then there'll be no Uber drivers?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I had one side my occasionally unpleasant to Uber and or a Lyft driver, but that's a rarity. Yeah. I guess it's just it's futuristic and economical.
Speaker 4: I had one Uber driver really complaining about how much money he gets to keep now. He said, he's been doing it for seven years. He keeps half as much as he did when he started seven years ago. Wow, Now he didn't know why. I do know why that it's significantly works in California than in other places because a number of laws that have changed in California. It's made it very difficult for Uber and those other companies to operate.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Okay, their costs are so much higher because of the whole gig.
Speaker 2: Work lawsey number of others.
Speaker 1: Imagine that a California law that actually hurts the workers that it claims to be helping.
Speaker 4: That's surprising, which might be one of the reasons that the driverless cars are taken off, because it's just that whole thing is gonna work.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we'll be following that over the years. Stay with us armstrong.
Speaker 5: President Biden also said that he hopes that the death of the leader of Hamas will be a path to peace in Gaza. Path to piece is also the name of the home Biden's moving into in about three months.
Speaker 2: I thought that was pretty funny. Rating I missed it. Oh man, that's a good joke. That's a good show. Sorry, speaking of that.
Speaker 4: By the way, Wall Street Journal has out that Israeli commandos seized another compound connected to Sinwar, the guy they died the leader.
Speaker 2: Of Hamas last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they found uniforms, vests, submachine guns, monoculars, a laptop and got a bunch of you know, information intel good. Sinwar had message Tomas officials urging them to refuse a hostage deal because Hamas had the upper hand in the negotiations with the United States, pressuring net and Yahoo to take a deal. Of course, so, as Tim Carney says of The Washington Examiner, if confirmed, this seems like a big.
Speaker 2: Indictment of Biden for a policy.
Speaker 4: If Sinoar was specifically saying, Hey, the United States is pressuring Israel hard to give in on this, so let's hold firm as opposed to the other way around, if the Biden, if Biden had been announcing no giving until the hostages come back, they didn't know him.
Speaker 2: They're in a no win situation there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's you know, Bob Gates is not a guy who is prone to hyperbole. Robert Gates who served as SEC def under Republicans and Democrats, highly respected guy around DC.
Speaker 2: Very sober, straight, arrowy guy.
Speaker 1: He was the guy who said Joe Biden has been wrong about every major foreign policy question for the last fifty years now. That was going on, gosh what eight ten years ago.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 1: I just think he has awful, awful instincts.
Speaker 2: He's unwilling.
Speaker 1: You know, we were talking about undecided voters and how some of them just are the sort of person who cannot make a decision.
Speaker 2: I think Joe Biden has that problem.
Speaker 1: And it's fine if you're trying to work out tax policy and you get together with your body across the aisle and you all right, well come off.
Speaker 2: Of thirteen percent, you want eight percent? How about eleven percent? A we did it.
Speaker 1: I mean that's great, But foreign policy doesn't work that way. Frequently you're up against an implacable enemy and you got to kill him or they're going to kill you.
Speaker 2: And Joe Biden does not have the stuff for that.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty big indictment of his strategy. If that turns out to be true.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, it's absolutely well, it makes perfect sense, it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Wall Street Journal made the point also a couple of different times that if Israel had followed General Biden's dictates, Sinwar would.
Speaker 2: Be alive, all those Hezbullah leaders would be alive. Don't go into Offa, don't, I told them.
Speaker 4: And Kamala Harris, who said, I've studied the maps, she actually said that I've forgotten that. I saw the clip. She'd studied the maps. There's no place for these to go. Do not go into Rafa, Biden said, don't. Cinara and still be alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hesbelow would be untouched exactly. Israel would still be surrounded by its enemies. Just awful, awful lack of leadership. But indeed Cennoir is dead, missing an arm apparently, although he doesn't need it where he's gone.
Speaker 4: A big chunk of his head seemed to be missing. That happens from that bullet. Yeah, anyway, his wife. His wife had a thirty four thousand dollars fashion handbag while the people of Palestine are starving in the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a nice looking bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the rest of Moss leadership is living the life of billionaires and cutter.
Speaker 4: Now that sort of discussed has always gone on with these sorts of people. But how do the college students who are protesting the streets not get that the brave fighters of Hamas the leaders are stealing money from the people they claim to be fighting for.
Speaker 1: Well, that's part of forming your cult, jack as, you keep your cult members in the dark about the way the world really is.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 6: But Catholics, please don't be too insulted by Kamala's absence. If the Democrats, thank you very much. I appreciate it. If Democrats really wanted to have someone not be with us this evening, they would have just sent Joe Biden. You know, he's having second thoughts, you know that right, he's having He wants to come back. If she does any worse than the polls, they're going to bring him back again. I think Chuck, he's going to do it. He's the one that got him out. That's the guy, much more so than crazy Nancy. I will tell you because I know him. He did it. Joe has almost disappeared from the only way he could be seen lessons if he had a show on CNN. They had nothing. They've got nothing.
Speaker 4: So that's Trump at the Al Smith dinner on Friday night with Chuck Schumer's at Marnie gave Chuck so much crap.
Speaker 2: Chuck Schumer is in that horrible position.
Speaker 4: That's like, you know, celebrities at the Golden Globes or whatever, and people are making funny you do what do you do?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 4: You laugh along? But sometimes it's like I don't want to laugh along with this.
Speaker 2: This is really an awful thing to say about man.
Speaker 1: This isn't funny, it's just mean exactly. I don't know how I would react in those situations. Anyway, here's a little more Trump.
Speaker 6: A major issue in this race is childcare, and Kamala has put forward a concept of a plan. A lot of people don't like it. The only piece of advice I would have for her and the event that she wins, would be not to let her husband, Doug anywhere near the nannies. Just keep them. A cat's a nasty one.
Speaker 2: That's nasty.
Speaker 6: These idiots, they gave me this stuff that's too tough.
Speaker 4: That's a good way to handle an uncomfortable joke. Damn right, it's an uncomfortable joke. Holy cow, would he had told that joke? If she was there, probably probably? Well, I think I know because of this little story. He went off script a lot, as he always does, and he told this story.
Speaker 2: Oh I did.
Speaker 6: I didn't you know? They told me. The last time I did this, I was running against Crooked Hillary, and I mean Hillary. Now, I was running against Crooked Hillary and I did it and I thought it was a roast. So I was told it's a roast, and I had the meanest guy you've ever seen, right, stuff up and the man was the room angry. Even the Cardinal remembers I went overboard. Don't you a great card? I was like terrible, And I knew I was in trouble around midway through, because you know, people had not Even my own side was angry at me. They were saying it's too much. But I did it anyway. I didn't give it.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's just that is Trump. Everybody was angry. Even my own side was angry. But I did it anyway.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And you either laugh like I do with that, or you're horrified and can't believe he might be president.
Speaker 2: So I understand. Are you just cringe a little like me and think when will this be over? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a lot of stuff like that Al Smith dinner used to happen behind closed doors, and none of us realized that all the people that claim in front of the newspaper reporters at the time that they hate each other get together behind closed doors and slap each other's backs and laugh and drink together.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, Yeah, they're all in on it. They're all part of the same scam. Trump was even talking about during this thing.
Speaker 4: He said, you know, my dad used to bring this too many years ago, and I thought, wow, I mean so that's how small the world is for you know, some of the rich and powerful. Nancy Pelosi probably was similar with her a lineage and everything like that, you know, just the tiny world of the super powerful.
Speaker 1: It's a big fundraiser for what the Catholic church is or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a.
Speaker 1: First time in forty years and one of the presidential candidates skipped a kammla.
Speaker 2: Did she sent a super cringey video. I guess she saw part of hysteric, but so why do you think she didn't go?
Speaker 4: So Jim mcgaffigan, the comedian, was the MC and one of his jokes was and it wasn't really a joke, it was just a comment because I didn't realize that he's there. He is up on the TV right now. He's a big Catholic, he's got he and his wife have like six kids or something like that, and he's a big time Catholic. And so he was probably personally annoyed that his candidate of choice didn't show up to this event.
Speaker 2: But he said, you know, she.
Speaker 4: Goes on the view, she goes on Howard Stern, she goes on that podcast. Nobody's ever heard of it, but you can't be here, and everybody kind of laughed. But I think he was just being critical. Really, why do you think she didn't show up for time in forty years?
Speaker 2: Mind your own damn business.
Speaker 1: My best guess is that she just cannot do humor, that she's bad at it.
Speaker 2: They may have even tried it with her.
Speaker 4: I was wondering that if it just was and that could be true, but I was wondering if it was just I mean, their closing argument is clearly he is a fascist who's lost his mind. Yes, he's an evil fascist who will in democracy and he's crazy. You can't do that routine and then show up and sit ten feet away from him and laugh, can you.
Speaker 2: I don't think he can.
Speaker 1: No, I think he nailed it. I think she's terrible at humor too. But no, that's it. You can't. Those two things do not square. No, it's six months ago. You can get away with it today, No.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, if you were running on their tax policy only helps the wealthy, you can sit in the same room and joke about it each other. But sure not if you're a hitler. Of course, six months ago, Joe Biden was the candidate. He was the best version of Joe Biden yet and if you don't agree, you can f yourself.
Speaker 2: True an interaction number the pressure.
Speaker 1: According to Morning Joseph and Kamala Harris and everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna grab this shirt that I came across around the election. Now, number fifty six is interesting to another funny joke, okay, play that while I'm finding my shirt.
Speaker 6: Tradition halls that I'm supposed to tell a few self deprecating jokes this evening.
Speaker 2: So here it goes. Nope, I've got nothing. I've got nothing. There's nothing to said.
Speaker 6: I guess I just don't see the point of taking shots at myself when other people have been shooting at me for a hell of a long time a day.
Speaker 1: Shoot, yeah, he's got a sense of humor about that.
Speaker 2: He does. Coming within an initiative having his brains blown out. Good for him. So I was looking at this chart. This was from I don't know.
Speaker 4: This is the average of all the polls update of the twenty twenty four average of general election polls, and the race has been There are basically two straight lines going west to east on this chart, and there was a tiny bit of separation after the assassination, Trump went up a little bit, then there was a Biden drops out, the line stayed more or less the same.
Speaker 2: Harris chooses a VP, tiny wobble barely.
Speaker 4: DNC starts, Kennedy drops out, Harris Trump debate, all of it.
Speaker 2: It's just straight lines.
Speaker 4: They've been within like a point to two points of each other the entire time, and all that's within the margin of air. And this has never happened before. So the whole I think it, the whole life idea of you know, our needles is stuck is just true. And I'm not sure if you don't, I don't know. What do you think if you if you change the candidates out, would you have anything different?
Speaker 2: Are we still stuck at fifty to fifty?
Speaker 4: If you took Trump out of the mix and you put in Nicky Haley, Ron de Santis, whatever, you get a significant difference.
Speaker 2: Yes, so absolutely so. You think it's all driven by hatred and or love of Trump?
Speaker 1: Uh to a large extent, Yeah, I would like to think, and I'm pretty sure I'm right. The fact that Trump isn't losing is because people find the leadership of Biden Harris to have been awful. Many, many people are extremely uncomfortable with the whole super progressive, woke thing and they want to turn to something else, but they find Trump objectionable. And it's just I don't know, it's so discouraging to me because I don't see where the cure is in the primary process that we have right now. It's just we're divided enough that going hardcore demagogy, you're never going to have a good solid coalition to govern the country from the outer edges of each party, but you'll win every primary. Uh.
Speaker 4: That remind me I was going to have Hanson grabbed the audio maybe for tomorrow. There's an ad running in Pennsylvania. The current governor is a Democrat.
Speaker 2: I don't remember his name. Do you remember his name? Off top your head? But Pennsylvania, that's Josh Shapiro, isn't it. You're right, so I must be. It wasn't Josh Shapiro. Why did it? Did it right down the wrong state?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I did. It's not Josh Shapiro.
Speaker 4: Look or is he turned out? And there's another guy running now he just won recently. Very confused by this, thinking, Ohio, it's maybe it's a senate candidate maybe that's what it is. Good Anyway, here's the point. The point is it's a Democrat running in Pennsylvania who their new ad is. You got a husband and a wife on there saying I'm a Republican, I'm a Democrat. We don't agree on anything, but we do agree on this. The best thing for both of us is blah blah blah. The Democrat and everybody was taking that as a their internal polling shows that Trump's gonna win and being on the wrong being anti Trump is not the way to win office as a Democrat in Pennsylvania. That's the way most people took that. That they're making their ad buy with that kind.
Speaker 2: Of an ad. Okay, I don't know or not. That was Mark Alprin's take in his newsletter on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I was a pro and really really into this stuff, I suppose I would be fascinated by that. But boy, were really into reading tea leaves at this point or palms or something. Right, But if your solid your side was going to win, I wouldn't think you'd go with the Hey, I'm I'm kind of right in the.
Speaker 4: Middle, guys, I don't know. All these states are practically fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: It's just shocking. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do we find out by January twentieth if you have a if you have one to two states that are the difference in who's going to be president, and you've got the endless lawsuits over how you count ballots in this and that Bush Gore was forty six days till the Supreme Court finally had to weigh in and make a decision because.
Speaker 2: And that was one state.
Speaker 4: That was one state. This could be a handful of states. We will finish strong next, we promise.
Speaker 7: There are no announced They are bringing back their frozen Thanksgiving pizza for the holidays. The pizzas are top with turkey, gravy, green beans, and the number for the National Suicide Hotline.
Speaker 4: No kidding, that's your Thanksgiving alone with a Thanksgiving flavored pizza.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that joke was depressing.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want a funnier one, yea one that won't make me sad?
Speaker 2: This one five creats your nutritionists.
Speaker 5: The healthiest Halloween candy is peanut m and M's, with the tiny exception of kids that die from touching those.
Speaker 4: What No, I don't get that Peanut m and M's are the healthiest candy you can give kids at Halloween, except for the course peanut allergies everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh, peanut allergies. I didn't get that. It's in the word peanut M and ms. What is allergies?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe this is this is possibly true.
Speaker 4: Maybe your kids were before that's constant.
Speaker 1: It's just starting when kids were getting a little older.
Speaker 4: That's the breakdown, because it is constant. I went into a place just yesterday. No peanuts in this premises, because it's just yeah, all the time everywhere.
Speaker 2: I don't know how real it is or not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hate to, you know, be capt'n obvious or spider cliche. But the number of kids that died grown up from peanuts when it was fourteen or fifteen, depending, little Timmy was a sky diving and eating peanuts when he died.
Speaker 2: No nobody died. What's called?
Speaker 1: What's I'm sure I've already read fifteen articles, had just forgotten what they said.
Speaker 2: But it is the deal he heard every once in a while. It's horrifying.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's it's unspeakable. But what happened? How did we get here? I don't know how about give me number three.
Speaker 2: Give me a joke. It's not about death please or suicide? The hell? Who's in charge here?
Speaker 7: This week was National no broad Day and it was a huge flop.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible joke.
Speaker 1: That Joe reddn't dumb, well at least it didn't want me to meet didn't make me you want to cry? We talked about this last week. It's an interesting story. I'm about the joke.
Speaker 5: The winner of the annual America's Vest Restroom contest is a service station in Salt Lake City. Though keep in mind the contest is run by Trucker Sex Magazine.
Speaker 2: No, what was that?
Speaker 4: What was the name of the outfit? I think he brought us a story, didn't you, Katie? What is the It's a chain of Mavericks. Maverick truck stops have the cleanest restrooms in America, So keep that in mind if you're ever traveling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all about truck stops. When I make a stop.
Speaker 4: Sure, I've always wanted to take a shower one number fourteen?
Speaker 2: Your showers ready, they announced?
Speaker 6: How about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, maybe I'll go in the world actually show share the truck rush up a little bit. You never been to a truck stopper. They have showers, really I have, but my brain didn't go I'd like to use one of them. Oh you're a girl, that'd probably be well.
Speaker 1: You can find a map of them in Trucker sex magazines. Jack's been a subscriber.
Speaker 2: Says for a long time.
Speaker 1: Is something about the vest I find it alluring. I was going to get to this, but I'm not sure we have time. But I'll give you the nickel version of it, he says, ironically, Jack, you.
Speaker 2: Were one of the first people I ever heard observe.
Speaker 1: That nobody cares about the lottery until it's like over four hundred million.
Speaker 2: Dollars, like sixty million dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm not crossing the damn street for sixty million dollars. It's odd, it's inexplicable. And yet lottery officials agree with you. Now nobody crosses the street if it's less than a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And so they're raising the price for the Mega Millions, for instance, from two bucks to five bucks per ticket to boost more jackpots over the one billion dollar mark. For instance, first time the Mega Millions hit a billion in twenty eighteen, people bought more than seven hundred and forty million dollars worth of tickets when it happened again in twenty twenty three, half as many tickets.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna be hurtful here. I think you're a moron if you play the lottery regularly, and this proves it. So one hundred million dollars, you're not gonna play a billion you will. That's dumb, That's just dumb.
Speaker 1: It's all about the psychology player psychology. There's no logical reason why nine hundred million dollars should be less than an incentive than a billion.
Speaker 2: Obvious fifty million. I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's all about a fantasy. It's all about the dream.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting, Jack, you Clark this time? Stop? Jack and Josef got go.
Speaker 6: And if they don't get can they'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: There's got to be all kinds of important information in that about the political message of inequality, and you know your neighbor's house size compared to yours, and all kinds of different things that are very important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll bet you're right. I see what you're driving at.
Speaker 4: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought. From everybody on the crew. To wrap up the day, there is our technical director, Michael Angelo.
Speaker 2: Michael lead us off. Final thought.
Speaker 5: I always like people that when the lottery gets real big, they say, I'm going to play one hundred dollars worth.
Speaker 2: That way, I have one hundred times a chance to win. Yeah, that's true. They're technically correct. Yeah, and somebody does have to win. That has always been a powerful argument to me. Somebody's going to win this month, and you can't win if you don't play.
Speaker 1: Katie Green are esteemed to use woman as a final thought, Katie, I.
Speaker 8: Always wonder about my I have a few friends that whenever they play scratchers they win. It's like, I don't know how it happens. Like I never win those things. That's why I stopp playing them. But hmmm, yeah, he's sure.
Speaker 4: They are only telling you when they win, because that's what most gamblers do.
Speaker 2: They talk about their wins and never their losses. M Intriguing jacket.
Speaker 4: Final thought, Uh, yeah, did you see the lip reading thing last week? So when they had that big funeral for Ethel Kennedy, Biden and Obama was there, and Biden said to Barack Obama she's not as strong as me. They were talking about Kamala Harris, She's not as strong as me, and Obama said, I know that's true.
Speaker 2: Wow, how interesting. That is kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: My final thought, I love the NFL. I happen to be a forty nine Ers fan. My second favorite team is the chief Soddly enough, but the great flaw of the NFL was illustrated yesterday. Some forty nine Ers played some Chiefs. There were so many injuries, so many of the key players are out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think adding a game per season, and then all the pregames helps either Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people that thanks a little time go to Armstrong Giddy dot com. The hot Dogs are Dogs t shirt is available Angie Shop Armstrong in Giddy dot com.
Speaker 2: Well see tomorrow. God bless America. So I'm not that worried about I'm strong and Getty got a tough job here.
Speaker 6: I like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I might come back and do it again. I thank you for folks. There's still got work to do, no Joe, And you know what, everyone knows it. That's what I've said. That's not what I was told. Okay, fair enough, so let's go out with a bang.
Speaker 1: I've been following the stuff since I was a little kid. The sixty seven War, I was, you know, learning to go poo poop by myself.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on that high note.
Speaker 1: Thank you all very
Speaker 2: Much, Armstrong and Getty