Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod, which Teddy Mellencamp and Camra Judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas in a Pod. I am so excited because tonight we are at jingle Ball. There is so many fun, exciting bands, musicians, celebrity sightings to see. But first we're gonna have to twat it up. In the twat seat tonight is Kelly ben Simone. She's a real estate agent, author, a former editor of l Accessories, and a former model. She was on Real Housewives of New York and then she was also on the Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip.
Speaker 3: She's also been in the press a lot recently.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I want to get to the bottom of some of these hard hitting questions that I feel like there's been some crumbs missed.
Speaker 3: I'm so sad Tama is not here.
Speaker 2: She is sick as a dog. Hope you feel better, Tam. It's not the same without you. But thanks you guys for listening. And yeah, let's bring Kelly in.
Speaker 3: So Kelly made it.
Speaker 2: She's here with me at jingle Ball in Los Angeles. Hi, how are you You look beautiful?
Speaker 4: Gorgeous?
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you everything everything's great.
Speaker 4: Never better.
Speaker 2: She's like, but since we're in La, we may as well start off talking about Riah. Yeah, and talking about it over the headlines. What okay, did you kiss Bethany's ex or did you just go.
Speaker 3: On a date with him?
Speaker 4: We did never even nothing, So we just met. We were met on Riah and then I was, you know, he was like trying to did you meet in person? How does Riah work? So Riah is just like any other dating app. But what happened was is that I he was texting me at night and then I see.
Speaker 3: Him text you directly or can he mess?
Speaker 4: He was like he was a pro. He knew what to do, and you know, like so many people have been like, oh yeah, this guy's at pro and like very like proficient in the LA dating scene. So no, he was liked me your number and he starts texting me and I saw him outside of bill Bouquet and with my daughter and my daughter and he was like hey Kelly and my and my daughter's like mommy, do you know him? Like no, And then I was like look up. I'm like, oh my god, that's the guy. And then he's like, let's get together and we you know, we've tried to make plans. He's got kids. I have kids. Obviously, it's the Hampton's writing and all this stuff's going on. And so the day after Labor Day, I happened to be in the Hampton's modeling and he was like, oh, you're in the Hamptons because I'm Maya. You can see people's locations. Oh that's frightening, very weird. So he was like, where are you?
Speaker 3: Like how many miles away you are from one another?
Speaker 4: It just says where you are. It says like montalk Bridge, Hampton South.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, do you have to update that or that just happens on it to own.
Speaker 4: This after because I would told my ownest daughter, I'm like, how did he know I was in the Hiptons? Yeah, and you knew it because of Riah obviously, and so cut to he was like are you here whatever? And then we started talking and then he was trying to meet with me, and but I couldn't see him because I had to go back to New York for Fashion Week and he literally was in the paper two days later. And then he calls me and he's like, yeah, I don't want you to think like I'm like, after Housewives, I'm like, okay, I'm not judging you.
Speaker 3: So before or after he started dating the.
Speaker 4: Entire time, the entire time he was dating her, the minute that he was on Riah because I started at the beginning of Bethany Ria.
Speaker 3: I don't know how did they meet if not on Ryan.
Speaker 4: I have no idea. I just think it's so funny. So I'm like, go forth and prosper, like, I don't know about her, but if you if like I mean literally the other thing that was like wild is like I was just like, oh my god, Like every single guy that I've met has dated about the Ny frankmle. I'm like, so if I'm like intimate with them, I have to like clarks my vagina. I'm like, this is not my world. This is not my world.
Speaker 2: You should just Riah account say I have dated Bethany Frankel, don't apply.
Speaker 4: My ex fiance actually dated Bethany Frank and we almost broke up over I was I was like, oh my god, I'm going to have a meltdown.
Speaker 3: Is this the one you didn't get a prenup with?
Speaker 4: Yes, but I'm confused.
Speaker 3: What did you guys talk about it? You never spoke about the prenup until right before you got.
Speaker 4: Married, talking about trusts and estates and all of that beforehand, and then I, you know, talked, I was I was like, I need to get a prenap because I need I needed to get a trust in time. And so I was just like, it's fine, I'll just get this prenap and it'll be great. And he wouldn't sign it.
Speaker 3: So I was just like, what stipulations did you put in there that he wouldn't sign?
Speaker 4: Did you? Did you not have sex with Bethley Frank?
Speaker 2: Is this a non disclosure agreement about if you've had sex with Bethany frankl Oh, my god, I'm no.
Speaker 4: But like what I'm trying to think, Like, I just you know what it's like, he has a he had a very messy personal life, and I had that you knew about all that I knew about, you know, wild ex wives, like all these kids and just like all this stuff was going on, and it's just like, my life is very neat and clean. I'm a single parent. I raised my kids on my own. I'm their financial provider, I'm their mom and their dad.
Speaker 3: I just get to the point of getting engaged to him.
Speaker 4: Then he was very aggressive about it. After I was on Ultimate Girl's Trip. He and this was funny is that when I was on Ultimate Girls Trip, they were like Scary Island too. This is I'm like, you guys don't even know. No one here was on Scary Island. They don't have no idea what scary Island is or was I'm the one that named it? So I think I should be the one that should be like kind of navigating that those waters.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he was like very proactive about love notes and all this stuff, which was actually sweet. But then as I was trying to talk about the other women with you know, with them about the situation, I was just like, wait a minute. And then Luyne actually said the nickname she goes, you know what, Cally she goes. He was waiting for you outside of the airport, and she was like, that was so weird. Was he picking you up or he was picking me up? But it was which was sweet. But he's standing there.
Speaker 3: I would never pick anyone up from the airport, but I.
Speaker 4: Have But you're not like did he have?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't have flowers? He should have?
Speaker 3: You know what if he had flowers, and he was like the say, will you marry me?
Speaker 4: Listen, there's a lot of things that I don't like about him that are reasons why I would not marry him, But there's a lot of things that I do like about him. I mean, you know, he's a very nice human, comes from a lovely family. He just is not the right He's not the right person for me.
Speaker 3: But if he would have signed the prenup, would you have married him?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: Probably. It was just too messy. It was too messy, it was too dramatic. And were you engaged, like maybe, let's see, we were engaged, like I'm just under like under a year, under a year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, were living together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wanted me to. He wanted me out of my apartment into the smaller apartments where i'd like sell all my bougie stuff, which I was not happy with at all. I'm like, these are my items, these are my family. That broken bag were related.
Speaker 3: Well, where is that broken bag now be related to me?
Speaker 4: So it's still there. We saved it. We saved it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you were just on Jeff Lewis.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's hilarious, by the way, Yes, fans are wild. No, he's adorable, but his fan base is like fire. I'm like, whoa, You guys like need to like bring it down a little bit.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to fill me in a little bit on this. But there's like something going on with you and Bren. Bren allegedly maybe it's not alleged, but called him a pig. It was talked about on the Jeff Lewis episode with you, so give me a little backstory.
Speaker 4: So I guess they got it to an argument, and you know, I feel badly for Andy because he's like desperately trying to like make this a thing, and it's just like, you know, it's like it's like a thing the Real Housewives of New York and it's like trying to make skinny jeans a thing right now. You're just like they're not a thing. And I think, you know what, I wish they were things and me too. However, with this show, it's just very, very difficult because first of all, there's no like social clout. I mean, okay, Jenna was a designer and that's great. Rebecca I know Rebecca from two thousand and five, and she's not the Rebecca that I know. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: I have to say. We just had Rebecca on the pod and I loved her.
Speaker 2: She's lovely and she was funny and like I kind of but I kind of teased her a little bit on the pod, and then she sent me a joke following up on the tease, like and laughed at herself. And I love somebody that can laugh at themselves. I don't think that's but that's not who we're saying on the show.
Speaker 4: I mean that's what she said. She said, you know, She's like, well, should I look at your at how you like enter and exit on the reunion? I'm like no, because first of all, like I was just having fun with it. I mean I was like there was I was in a no win situation. So I was just like, I don't even know why I'm in the reunion. I'm just gonna have the best time ever and I look really good, and I'm gonna walk around and I'm gonna, like you make fun of people, And because the fans are gonna hate me anyway, do you know what I mean? There was like no way that they were gonna like me. And and so she's like, should I do them?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: No, don't plan.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to plan stuff. The prank didn't work, Rebecca, just let it be go. Try to be yourself. You're funny, you're cute. I liked being around you.
Speaker 4: Just be you. I think too though, and you've seen this as well, just from being on the show for so long, is that you know a lot of people think that they should be something else. Well. The great thing about Housewives is a docu soap. We replaced soap operas. Our job is to interconnect and have interpersonal relationships. And if you do things that are just ingenuous the fans that makes it that really insults them. They're like, we know what you're doing, and why are you doing this? Because we're invested in you, but you're making fun of us. That's kind of the vibe that a lot of people have been and people are asking me. I'm like, I'm not the mouthpiece of Real Housewives. I don't know why. You guys are right, but what is the sitch with you and Brent?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: There is no sitch. I mean I met her at a fashion show when she first started, and I was like, there's only one person in this room that's going to have good extensions and I win, So that was our first meeting. She's she's very she's like, she's a funny girl, but she's too young. She's too old to me and bandit pump and she's too young for housewives. She's just like and she doesn't have a job, and she's not you know, she's not she's not a New York girl. So I don't know why. And I don't know why they're putting this is not that she's not the first one, but they're putting these people on these shows when they're not, you know, like some girl doesn't know where to Tybecca looks like, well, necessarily, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily mind if somebody is a transplant to a place, if they're working there, well no, But what I do mind is if there doesn't seem to be authentic relationships within it, like right, I think it's it's one thing if like we saw Heather Dubrow come to Beverly Hills. I mean, granted she has a house here now too, but she's easily going to connect with the women she knows that, Like, it's it would be an effortless transition, right, But I think if you don't have those interpersonal relationships and you're not from the town and it's hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 3: But I loved her last season.
Speaker 4: But I think last season people, you know, it's funny because like I was like, oh my god when I was on my first season of Housewives, and it's like, you know, I raise my kids on my own and here I am like when I'm with like if you and I were hanging out, I would be like drinking, having the best time, doing whatever, because I need to blow off steam. And that's what I do with my girlfriends. And when I would go on the show, they'd be like, supermodels are not supposed to blow off steam. I'm like, what are we supposed to do? And by the way, like I work as well as do all these other things, and so sometimes I just need to have a good time. But for me, I got blasted. And for her, she even have a job, and she's just like it's okay to like flirt with you know. Grandparents and even my kids were like, mom, she's weird, And I'm like, I don't know if she's weird or not. I just think that, Like the og of the Brian character is Brandy Glanville, and she was like the superstar of the flirt Queen, and I think that I think what's happening is that some of these girls are watching other housewives and watching trying to emulate, and they're trying to emulate, but it's landing wrong. It's like it's a skinny geene, it's not a wide leg, and it's just you know, what is your.
Speaker 3: Now I'm blanking on her name, but this is very true to how I felt about Ultimate Girl's triple as well. Kristin Takman, have you talked to her?
Speaker 4: No, Well, we have a group chat. I'm always like happy Thanksgiving, and you know, she's like happy things Givings, like I'm making techie sandwiches for my kids. I'm like, oh my god, Okay, so was everybody what?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I'm also like slightly offended that nobody's said to me like supermodels don't do that, Like no one's ever said that.
Speaker 4: That's so true.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am five to three and with roseatia and anxiety and can't walk, but you know what I'm looking for.
Speaker 4: I have ciriasis and I have anxiety, and I can't seem to keep a man. So you know what I do. I have height in the family. I bring height to the family, to the housewives family, I do. I bring height, Yes, I do. What about sex? Oh god, yes, how often are you having it? I would like to have it every day?
Speaker 3: Really? Yes, I would like you larsa pimpin like six times a day.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if I smell like cheerios, but I mean I definitely like a lot of sex.
Speaker 3: How long do you wait before you let them just the tip.
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm a long game kind of person, So I will like wait it out until it's like someone I really really like, because I'm not going to be like, Okay, let's just have sex, because I I'm not going to waste my time with that. And I also don't want someone thinking that if we're having sex, that we're in this relationship and we're going to be like on Instagram and doing all these things, which I don't do anyway. But so I'm a really like, I'm a waiter. I'm like, let me just feel this out, see how you are, see what you're how you're reacting to things in my life and not like, you know, the entertainment part of my real life with my kids and the things that are important to me.
Speaker 3: Well on Beverly Hills.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think Erica asked this question or somebody asked this question, and Garcel Bouvet answered her response.
Speaker 3: I'm curious, yours, who is the most famous person you've ever had sex with?
Speaker 4: I mean, am I allowed to say that? Yeah? I'm not going to do explose. I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Well, give me some hints and then let's say, maybe, like you know a hot actor once?
Speaker 2: Great, Okay, so that narrows it down to thousands, okay, sous not just give me a genre that he.
Speaker 3: Normally is.
Speaker 4: Television actor hot.
Speaker 3: Television actor hot.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to say, is he still on television?
Speaker 3: Is he your age?
Speaker 4: Yes? Is it big?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I carry Bradshaw?
Speaker 3: No, damn it right.
Speaker 4: On Sex in the City, No, it was not one. Don'ty on Barrow Street. Was he a carbon dirt?
Speaker 3: Does he live in New York City?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Yes, he does he did at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, married to Jennifer. Anna.
Speaker 4: Love you. I love you. You have the best personnelity. I like the first day I met you, I was like, I love you. Maybe it's because I know your dad, but I was like, I love you. We're both horse girls. We both love hot sex and what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm not going to tell you I can get kiss and tell because then I would be doing a lot of kissing and a lot of talking.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: But you could give me a brown hair, blonde hair.
Speaker 4: I will let you know later at a later date.
Speaker 3: Great. Then I'll just let our listeners later day.
Speaker 4: But one day. I really love about hospives is like, these women never be like I did I did this president to that person. So then I'll like see these guys and they'll be like, no, I didn't, And I'm like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Why are you people that are like, you know, they asked me to be on Housewives? I'm like, did they really?
Speaker 3: Do they really? Everybody gets that same email if you're in the same circ but.
Speaker 4: If you're on house and by the way, you don't get an email, you get a text. They're like a producer is like, hi, we want you.
Speaker 3: You know I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't even get straight from a producer. I got like a text mestard from the casting director.
Speaker 4: I love that, right, That's how it's that's it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Luanne recently spoke out about legedly making out with you Grant speak, Oh my god, was it Hugh Grant?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no, I was going to say, because then I saw you and.
Speaker 4: Luan you were at the Nick game. Yeah, I took her than Nick game. She loved it. She was like, she was like, I really like the Rangers, but the Nix like on the floor, this is the vibe that was talking to everybody. I was like, Luan, stop leaning in front of me, like stop blocking the picture like we do or even like the picture. But she was just like, who is this person? I'm like, that is his uh, you know, his friend. What does he do? I'm like, he's a comedian And I'm like, do I have to like do like the whole like celebrity wrangle?
Speaker 3: Do you go to next game?
Speaker 4: A lot a lot a lot of Knicks, a lot of Rangers. But for a long time, since like two thousand and six, I.
Speaker 5: Started going so have you ever had sex with the Knicks player? I did go on a date with one of the Rangers range. I don't know what sport that is, but Icky, I'm open to learn.
Speaker 4: He gave me a hat. That's all I can say. I'm not saying more. It was at this masarati hat and my kids were like, why do you wear the masarati hat when you don't drive her masarati. I'm like, don't ask the questions you don't want the answer to.
Speaker 3: Can I see what photo you utilize on Riyah? Let's clip her up, like, let's see what you lead with? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it like a supermodel photo or is it like cash natural? Are you face tuned Hollywood four?
Speaker 4: Are you just like let's see? Oh no, it's me.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a super it's a supermodel photo. It's a freaking supermodel photo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fire model.
Speaker 3: Author Simon and Schuster. Did I say that right? Model author Simon and Schuster. Apparently I don't have a book, so it was hard.
Speaker 4: To pronounce that.
Speaker 3: Kelly fifty six hot photo. Oh shoot, but I don't know how to do anything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how to do that either. Actually, how do you see the other photos?
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good leading photo, but it's far away, but it does it gives. Yeah, it's a total You know.
Speaker 4: It's funny because when I saw all the photos of the guys, the guys are always like like white t shirt scriffy like black and white photo and I was like, this is like, what is this like a casting? Like this is you know it is?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: They're like you never know who's going to be on there. I love that you asked me that I didn't even know. I was like, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: We've seen a bunch of real estate shows like come into New York Ye at this point, is that anything that you would ever consider doing?
Speaker 4: So I was a million dollar listing with Frederick and that was really fun and great. I mean to be honest with you, like I'm not really interested in the real estate show unless it was like with Frederick or like Steve Gold. But a lot of these shows, it's like I'm not interested in that, and it's just like I don't. I mean, it's a it's an esthetic business, but it's also transaction business. And I'm a well educated human and I have like super ultra high net worth clients and they're not going to be like they don't want their audities on the show. Like you know you you wouldn't you want your things on the show. Your dad wouldn't want it on the show. And that's my I'm a long game, big deal person. And so I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Like play with my you don't want to mess with their clients.
Speaker 4: And I mean I did the number one deal downtown for forty two million during COVID when no one was buying anything in New York. I did the number one deal. So that gives you a little bit of a sense of like what I do. It's like crickets for me in terms of real estate.
Speaker 3: Listen, forty two million, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like my business. I'm like, no, that's my real business.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 4: We don't play games. And I think a lot of people think that's just like funny with like you know, pink dresses, and I don't wear pink dresses. And when I'm working in real estate, I wear a blazer jeans like.
Speaker 3: But not skinny jeans, you know, wide leg.
Speaker 4: Well, because it's not a thing, right It's just not a thing right now.
Speaker 2: If Bravo was to if Bravo was to do a reboot of New York, would that be your thing?
Speaker 4: They'd have to do? Like first of all, it's like it has to have some ogs because people really really love the ogs.
Speaker 3: Then what ogs do you love?
Speaker 4: Like obviously, Lawanne I love so now that she's told her house, her narrative is totally different. Love Direnda. I mean she's like a firecracker.
Speaker 3: Did you know hear about this Direnda and Margaret Joseph's fight.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did, and they like didn't film anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then they stopped doing their live shows.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: Have you talked?
Speaker 4: She's a fire cracker. She's definitely I love Margaret, but Derinda definitely has, you know, aside to her and you just I mean, I don't care. I'm like, say whatever you want, like it doesn't bother me. It's like, no harm, no fault. You can be happy, you can be sad, like I'm not judging you. But there's some people that get really really upset about things like that. You know, it's how you handle friendships. But so I would have obviously Lewyne, obviously Sonya, Derinda had Jenna, I would have.
Speaker 2: What is Jenna the only one from the current cast you would bring on? She's well, she's I know her from Alex because I met her. I just met her the other day. She's very at pipe page six and she was really really lovely and fun.
Speaker 4: Who else would I have. I'd have to bring in some new people, Like I have a couple of friends that are like really hot, really cool, and they're like different people doing different things. Like you know, one of my friend's beautiful, she's in the art business and she's an artist. And I just think it just needs like real New York And the problem is that real New Yorkers don't want to be on the show. La you have like aspirational luxury and these women that know each other in New York, nobody really knows. I mean my first season, the reason that they thought that Bethany and I it was like this big, like this big thing because they thought that we knew each other. I had never seen. I mean, she was at my house one time for a party. I have no idea who that she was catering or No, she was there with the hill Fakers. She was just like there with her boyfriend, who was a paparazzi photographer. I was like, I don't know, why are you why are we arguing I even know this person?
Speaker 3: Why why why why?
Speaker 2: Why? Oh my gosh, well, why why why are we missing you on our were missing you on our television screens? We do hope that there is a reboot, and thank you so much for coming on. Oh my god, love seeing where do people stock you find you? I mean other than Riya Kelly fifty six, currently in Los Angeles at jingle Ball at the Into It Dome.
Speaker 3: But I was wearing blue, wearing blue sparkles, yeah.
Speaker 4: Which is kind of like a shirt, but it's supposed to be addressed.
Speaker 3: I did see your she has them on.
Speaker 4: She is we underwear. I love that. Just Kelly Ben Simone, you know, happy to answer any questions people too, Like I love people ask me questions about real estate or writing or you know anything. I just want to, like, you know, spread the love and you know, it's just so fun to be on these podcasts. It's just like learning so much about love and myself. Like I've learned so much in a short period of time with I Do Part two. It's been really unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys have to tune into I Do that I pod.
Speaker 4: It's literally changed my entire life. I know that sounds really strange, but the therapy coupled with such a great community of you know, different kinds of people going through different things, it's just been the Camara camaraderie has been amazing, and I'm just like, I feel different, Like, don't you think I'm different from when you met me at Bravo com You do.
Speaker 3: You feel a little bit more relaxed.
Speaker 4: Thank you, And that's how I feel good, more relaxed, more like in my own skin. You know.
Speaker 3: I love that. It's good to see you. Thanks you guys for tuning in for another episode of Two Teas and a Pod. We gotta go. Uh listen to Sizza