Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: What Up America? America is ready?
Speaker 1: My goodness coming in Greg's North Carolina Minions are ready. Fife is ready, Alamo, Tennessee said.
Speaker 3: Were born Ready baby.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us Union Mississippi. Hey, Glinton, Alabama. Homogamevines He's ready and you can't even have you ready. There we go.
Speaker 1: John Cooper's Black Sox are ready Atlanta.
Speaker 2: George is ready. How about Fort Rutger They're ready?
Speaker 1: Good grief, Arkansas Ready?
Speaker 3: Kaylee is ready?
Speaker 2: Hey Kay, Let's go America.
Speaker 3: Gregg.
Speaker 2: The Haunted Chicken House at Hollis Crossroads is ready. Ken Monday, Illinois.
Speaker 3: A Talla Alabama, Dothan, Alabama.
Speaker 2: Ride or die Baby, We're ready.
Speaker 4: Bird, I see you can Chucky, I see Look, there's a there's a steel mill ready.
Speaker 2: Hunts was ready Loganville, Georgia. Ready the horse capital of the World. Kentucky again, Ready speedy, Greg and Adler also ready, Hello fellas, Hello, look at that man just pouring in. How about this?
Speaker 1: I know exactly where the Haunted Chicken House is. Do you really in there working around it? Well, you actually did a job there one day?
Speaker 2: Did you really? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that. I've been a few places. I know things about Cleveland County. I'm a little bit sharp, so mention something I know about it first hand experience.
Speaker 5: What is a haunted chicken house.
Speaker 2: It's an old chicken house and it's all around Halloween. They do it.
Speaker 1: They set it up and people come from there many miles away to go through the Haunted Chicken House. Yes, and there was once a rooster. Oh there was a rooster they kept killing but he never quite died.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Walk in there and it's like, I will say this, and I may have made this up cock doodle boot the same chicken house before it became the Haunted Chicken House. When we were working there, they actually if you've ever been to like old Navy and they'd have them old timy trucks in there with clothes on and stuff. Yes, that guy made them. He would refurbish.
Speaker 2: He would go and in fact, toy day.
Speaker 5: Old Navy got the old trucks from.
Speaker 1: He would go around and pick look for a certain model, and he would find them, and then he would bring them there and they would make them, get them ready to go, and get them ready to go.
Speaker 2: Do we still have where we live? Is there still an old Navy? There? Was it one time? Is it gone still there?
Speaker 1: I bet I've been there. I bet I've been in there three times to my whole life.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I think I'm wearing old Navy right now.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to start out with so much knowledge.
Speaker 6: I apologize, yeah, looking around like you think you should.
Speaker 2: You know, I got a few stories and somebody got their sleep last night. It is They don't think it's knowledge of gon to sent me automatic. No, No, it's fully sitting up everything. Look at you like a little twist that nobody says.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 8: I grew up on old Navy, by the way, so that truck is very nostalgic for me.
Speaker 5: It was like a cool store that we could afford. I was like, oh man, I'm wearing cool kid jeans now.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is amazing sport abouts.
Speaker 1: When did When did old Navy become a thing? I don't think it was. We didn't have that we were kids.
Speaker 2: My kids got to experience.
Speaker 8: No, No, it popped off when I was like right and getting cool and wearing cool.
Speaker 1: Trust me, if it had been available when I was a kid, same thing would have happened to me. That happened with every store because I was a fat kid, unavailable.
Speaker 5: Sorry, buddy, I was on the other side of that spectrum.
Speaker 2: Old Navy didn't.
Speaker 1: I never noticed him to have a lot of a lot of selection in the husky department.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I can say. Growing up, I didn't dress better than you, but.
Speaker 1: It was It wasn't your fault. Yeah you did, It wasn't your fault. I'm gonna let you in on something I was really small. I'm gonna let you it on something that I'm sixty because it doesn't matter now. It bothered me that that you got to wear Jordash jeans and I couldn't. There wasn't I remember thinking, man in her cool jeans, look at Gregs jeans.
Speaker 2: That's all going. Everybody school had geordi ash on scept me, except you. You had big Yanks. Oh that's great, Big Yanks.
Speaker 6: It says the prototype for Old Navy was gap Warehouse. It was renamed Old Navy during the rollout of nineteen ninety four company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 5: That was nine years old. I was like, this is awesome. I was a kids performance fleece.
Speaker 1: Whenever the school year starting, you go school shopping for clothes. Lisa always going there and buy clothes the heads.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you could. I mean I'd have to go work overtime pay for him.
Speaker 1: Do you remember we had to break it to Speed that he need to quit wearing the buckle. He's too old for him. You tell me, why do you think.
Speaker 5: It said related?
Speaker 2: It's related? Do you know that the Yes, he was, Yeah, he was, he was. He looked like a white break break dance. He did like a white bright the early days of the Ricking Bubby Show, I was. I was working with Vanilla. Yeah, that's dope. Represent the playhouse.
Speaker 3: You got a problem, rick, I'll solve it.
Speaker 2: That chick out the speedy d Did we give a cardboard now? I never did. I never did that.
Speaker 5: So you funk dogs?
Speaker 2: What legal dog fatter? You had rooms?
Speaker 5: That's spin it's spinners.
Speaker 2: That was cool. Yes, you're right about that. He was pretty urban.
Speaker 5: How about the texture, that great texture.
Speaker 1: Just know what brand you wore, Rick, And I said, that wasn't an official brand, but that's what my dad.
Speaker 2: That's what my dad called him. George.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, rhymes with I'm just sitting here and be quiet right now, y'all got my leg going.
Speaker 2: Fish? You should do that on camera. You got my leg. Somebody's gonna take that making to get my leg back then, like I had, somebody's gonna pull that off off the arch after day, you're gonna be trending the guys. I mean, I had a picture in my old office of speedy and Leopard pants. Yes, that was that was during a fat fest. Well that there was still Leopard. He still owned it.
Speaker 6: I just I know, but you wart yes, yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: He wore when he's out on So now you know you didn't know, Now you know.
Speaker 2: I'm just well, I'll tell you this. You knew about old Navy and everything else. Yeah, I'm full of me. Take great, Greg, get you here. Your dressed pretty snappy. In the day it was a little more stylish. Yeah, because is this when you were high? I wasn't that great? Remember the article that said dating, what did she go out with? Because did you did you part down the middle and do a little wing? Yes? Or no? Oh yeah, but cut?
Speaker 1: I wasn't that snassy as dress flannel and Levi's snazzyest chehol one could be.
Speaker 2: That's true. I did have one pair of parasue pants. I got to it. You knew I didn't wear them a lot.
Speaker 3: You had them.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when you would wear those chef pants a lot?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, Cherry, Yeah, chef pants. Sherry talks about this to the station. She said, she said, she said, when I met Rick, she said, I mean his his wardrobe. She said, it was just horrible.
Speaker 1: She said, she's all everyone to wear was those little NFL sweatpants.
Speaker 2: She said, he's all you had. They thought they he thought he was sharp enough. Listen, I remember we looked up one time.
Speaker 1: I don't know why Jack Stay was playing Troy and Troy and I look up and here comes Rick with those driving fans and that mullet I mean.
Speaker 2: Like a raider's jacket strolling into the stadium.
Speaker 5: I mean cool definition of course.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. You know what you say when you saw that too. Out here comes trouble. Oh yeah, here go when that's was the handle. Oh that's why it was a married man. You had to day away from him. Yeah, you know where comes you say? You for like five years? There comes your brother again. Don't you go anywhere with him? You ain't going man, that's right, Oh, my goodness. Outside the last text or those I guess all right.
Speaker 8: Old Navy used the Chevy thirty one hundred trucks from nineteen forty seven to nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 2: That was apparently got him some friend of Greg.
Speaker 5: And got it from Greg's friends.
Speaker 2: Tell you it was my friend. But that's where they did it at that's my friend, he's my friend.
Speaker 8: They got they had at one point one thousand and five hundred stores across the US.
Speaker 2: Wow, I will come back.
Speaker 6: Greg got them, I mean risk got them closed for some reasons.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna set the table day. We've got a lot coming up. Okay, So let's let's take a moment. You look around right now. If you have a conservative ideology, you can get yourself in a mode thinking we're winning. Hey, we've done it now. That will be a mistake because that we've done it. Part if you think that everything's just going to change because of the direction we're going right now, that's not going to happen. The Left is going to fight even harder, and the mainstream media is going to think, well, we got to do something to turn this around. This is why Blaze TV is more important than ever before it exists, because there is a world full of noise and we need a stronghold for bold voices, free thinkers, and fearless commentary that helps us make sense of the chaos. It's on demand and you can get it on any device if you have not subscribed yet to Blaze Media, don't forget. Blaze TV also has Rick Burges's show Best of Our We've got the new podcast Strange Encounters, which they're producing and helping.
Speaker 2: Us with that.
Speaker 1: So for about eight dollars a month, you can be you know informed with Blaze TV. This is the you know, the way investigative journalism at one time was standard, not anymore. You'll find it there, documentaries that shed light into the deep state. So why don't you make the move now to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick and get twenty dollars off an annual plan right now? BlazeTV dot Com, slash Rick now more than ever, Blaze TV, Unfiltered, Unafraid and on Demand. A couple of hey birds here that will require a little audio, So let's see if we can hit these. Add Er, the other one I sent from you would be from Nathan, and you've already.
Speaker 2: Got the one from Matt. Okay, so those are the two. Let me know.
Speaker 1: If the Nathan works, it will okay, all right, so Matt first. Let's do Matt first. So here's Matt hey bird.
Speaker 2: Hey Birge. Just wanted to share because it's been brought up on the show. Speedy's voice does.
Speaker 1: Give out at some of the Stallion's games. He does great, but I thought it was funny after I heard him brought it bringing it up on the show. I've sent audio. I have it, he said, He says near the end. If you listen closely to my video and audio, you can hear Speedy's voice leave him. If you follow it, he will point at his throat when his voice goes out.
Speaker 2: Give you. Can you look here? I am here there.
Speaker 6: The cameraman is Kevin, and this is Ethan, and he is who's counting me down and prior to this. They it was like, you know, first and gold, second and gold, third and gold, we're trying to hold Michigan out and they and they wanted me to keep let's go, get up whatever, And I was telling that my voice is gone. I mean, so they knew it because I'm hollering some of you.
Speaker 2: You got to come from the dimal frame. You keep screaming from your buddy. It's been three and a half hours of this. He used his voice up at the hockey game.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's it's a lot. It's a lot when you're hollering outside. And so I knew it was given out, and sure enough it did. Matter of fact, I was like, now, by the way, now you maye me care about the Stanley Cup. I was sitting eating at a restaurant with Scherer last night and they updated the series just now in Edmonton, and I caught myself looking over.
Speaker 2: She goes, what are you looking at? I said, I need, I need to check on this series. She's like, hockey, I said, stupid, speedy Stars. All Stars lost again last night. It's over all right, so here we go. That's three one down, all right, here we go.
Speaker 10: That's mister.
Speaker 2: Screaming wild. No, I didn't know the pig was. Yeah, my favorite came up.
Speaker 6: Piggy Wiggily was a big sponsor of this game, and so mister Pig the mascot was running around with me a lot uh and Stanley, who is the Stallion's mascot. And so what you couldn't see is on the on the on the big screen, it was me and then mister Pig, and then behind.
Speaker 2: Him the guys you kind of holding up. At the very end, the voice goes completely. We didn't know that was the last thing voice. He was dropping F bomb. You'll always go down to watch. I had no idea. Look, look, his voice goes away right there.
Speaker 8: You scream because you you're screaming straight into the camera. Is that kind of your is that you're delivering most of the time throughout the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because if if not, if you look up at the jumbo tron and I'm not looking at you, but I'm looking to the side, and that makes no sense because I'm looking at the camera, because that's what they're looking at.
Speaker 3: Biggie's hair.
Speaker 5: Sure, of course you're screaming straight into a camera.
Speaker 11: Game.
Speaker 5: I did not know that you screamed.
Speaker 6: This is this is this is this? I think it only happened one other time. I think game two, I can't remember. I don't normally have to do this. Derek Scudder is the voice up top and does a great job and and so we'll tag team a little bit. But sometimes they'll come to me down on the sideline and I'm right.
Speaker 2: Up on the guys. So yeah, so exhausted. Yeah, pig, that's a big pig. That is a big pig. He got caught up in it. Uh and right hair, he's got nothing out there for nothing, I gave it all left. It would have been right there right. I don't know why people do that a lot of times when they're trying to get over my fire. So I didn't really I'm with the addler. That's so much more intense than I even imagined.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think he did cuss off off Mike because look at the look on the pig's face.
Speaker 5: Wow, I've never heard anything like that.
Speaker 1: You know what the pig winked out. I hope you don't kiss your mama with that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: It was wow that it was actually really really good. Game came down to the last play. Uh, this was the play. That was it? All right? Moving on? Moving on to the next one. Ader, I just wanted to so tired watching myself.
Speaker 1: Hey bird, Hey burge Uh, this is from Nate from Oklahoma, Greg, Greg, get ready for what Nate's got for me. I tried to send this last week, but I forgot to attach the video. So then I replied to my own email like a good and I'm not sure if you saw it.
Speaker 2: I did not. If you did and you chose not to use it, that's fine. I missed it.
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure you got it because I think you'll enjoy it. I was getting rained out on the job last week while sitting in the truck. I did not run to the truck. I recorded a little clip waiting on the rain to start and to stop or start to stop. I'm sorry, I just can't believe what I'm reading now the rest of it. Now, don't sing a song.
Speaker 2: He is going to sing a song to you, all right, as George straight, George straight, hang on wearing a cowboy. Can I look at this because I'm gonna getting uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: We've already been through lesson Valley by morning up to way.
Speaker 12: I'd like to stay.
Speaker 7: Home and cutle believely wonted me. Hell, I'm glad she's mine. I wish she thought I was fine. Then she unlocked the door. Leson Valley by More. Guess I'll just head to show.
Speaker 2: That was a good one. That was good? Was your job, Nate? Pleasant Valley by morning? You think Nate don't love George Strait Oh got his hat on ready to rock?
Speaker 1: Uh, this was gonna own y'all, y'all. See if I remember this call, See if you remember this call from yesterday?
Speaker 2: Pleasant Valley by Monday, I want to stay in with Lee. Lee, Hey Birch, Hey bird, it's Macy.
Speaker 1: Remember this from yesterday? I remember Macey. This is about to own y'all by the one. Well, I just became a bit. I just called the show saying that I'm from the same town as Savannah Williams. Oh, that's right, who won the burgess ball battle. Turns out it's not the same one I thought it was.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 1: She was looking around. Nor am I even from the same town. What I have mistaken her for? My sister's friend. Thought they looked alike and they have the exact same name. I was so sure it was our friend that I called the show like a good and I'm now embarrassed myself in front of everyone who watches a show. I'm sorry for being a bip. I have my information completely wrong.
Speaker 2: Fired from Macie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the girl that was in the live studio audience was kind of had a look on her face.
Speaker 5: I think about it. I don't know you, you know me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think that's correct, but.
Speaker 5: She didn't want to say so she handled it well.
Speaker 1: She controversy coming Hey bird ha birge from Caleb, Hey bird a birdge. I don't use car ride services, but if I did, I would not tip tip for what doing your job? Come on, you already getting a piece of the action. I'm a mechanic by trade. I worked on some Uber driver's cars. They've never tipped me for just simply fixing them. So tell Hambone to start tipping his mechanic. By his logic, this tipping nonsense is getting out of control.
Speaker 2: I had self checkout asked me for a tip the other day. Ridiculous. I'm not tipping anyone but waiters and waitresses period.
Speaker 1: Everybody else is getting paid the rate for the job they do, why are we tipping them? I have noticed in the past some day hambone the tip is a mechanic. Some jobs that are normally not tip now they are. I know, yes, I've even heard people claiming over them kiosk can it asked for a tip and it's not even a person. Well, I told you the other day I was the exact same thing. Happened to you that Some of the things like if you go down the line, Okay, I'm just coming down the line, I'm ordering before I even sit down, and I'm coming down the line and I see the menu and I.
Speaker 2: Ordered to the cashier. The cashier, we'll ask for a tip.
Speaker 5: Wow, And I'm like, yeah, us tipping cultures out of What.
Speaker 2: About when you have a call in and you go get it yourself and pick it up? Same thing, I know, same thing if.
Speaker 5: You just spun around an iPad.
Speaker 8: I don't think that's if If that's all you had to do, I don't think that you should get it.
Speaker 2: They'll spend it too, the coffee people. The coffee they'll spend it.
Speaker 1: So there's some Sorry, Yeah, I'll go ahead and do it, though, just just to be kind.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 13: So this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So I guess when did when did man make climate change become a thing?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 1: When when was that kind of the I know, I know throughout my life we've all been you know, they told us to be terrified of acid rain. You don't hear about that much anymore. Bees, you know, all these different things. When Al Gore got beat, I feel like it really.
Speaker 2: Took off after that.
Speaker 1: So there's no there's no first of all, there's no doubt. Just the things that we can gather and things that we seem to all agree on on the history of our planet that there's been some pretty wild climate changes even before the Industrial Age and this, you know, carbon footprint garbage that started, so the old Earth seems to have been rattling around pretty good. And one of the things that we've said for years on this topic that you know, the question is their climate change? And has there been climate change? The answer to that is yes, is it man made climate change? The answer to that, in my opinion, is a no. Are on its best day unproven, still checking, But when you see stories like this, it may start leaning toward what we've said in our many years of the Rick and Bubba Show, and we continue it on now, is that it's likely that the Earth deals with climate change on its own, and it always has, and we we've been using the example for years and I realized that this is not new, but but just always point. It's a good point to start with. Most everybody agrees that we had an ice age, right, no matter no matter what your no matter what your worldview is or what your ideology is. So one time the climate got so out of whack it froze.
Speaker 2: That's big.
Speaker 1: No industry involved, some of you don't even think human beings were involved in I would disagree with that.
Speaker 2: But and then.
Speaker 1: Somehow, some way that ice age melted, which means that the climate warmed. Right, No industry, no no airplanes, no cars, no factories. Okay, so we know volcanoes put carbon emissions and pollution in the air. That would be that's that some would seem to think almost catastrophic. And the Earth does what cleans itself up? Oil spills, end of time, cleans yourself up. We help, we do, We play our part as we should, but the Earth pretty pretty robust. Well, now we have a story out of Antarctica, penguin poop may help preserve the Antarctic climate. It's countering what what what people are saying is is damaging. So here we have in nature penguins that look like they're countering the bad by something that naturally occurs. That is, penguin's taking a dump.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, say it like that in there, Yes, that's how we say it here. New research shows that by that penguin waste and Antarctica is an important source of a aerosol particles. The help drive the formation and persistence of low clouds, which cool the climate by reflecting some incoming sunlight back into space. Somehow, the emissions that come off their poop help form low clouds, which puts ammonia that does this. It's that's what they're saying. Okay uh. And I've never smelt what penguins drop. No, I have not. I haven't been around a lot of poop and penguin.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 2: You've been around a lot of poop and penguins a lot. I thought it was a pet store. Nobody sold penguins for pa I'm.
Speaker 8: Talking about it the like the aquarium. Atlanta Aquarium has the whole thing. The room doesn't smell terrible, but it doesn't smell great.
Speaker 1: Now I want you, I want you, I want you to listen to this. Who this is a person called an at atmospheric scientists. All right, Okay, I'm constantly surprised. Hang on to this. This is a big statement here from a scientist at the depth of how one small change affects everything else. Now, I would add to that, and this person did not.
Speaker 2: Add to that.
Speaker 1: That is a cure that is occurring naturally in nature. None of us had anything to do with what what penguin poop does and how it it helps the formation of low clouds. No industry did that. No, we Elon must did not come up with this to help form low clouds. It's not in the beautiful bill, No, which I now y'all got me thinking. I didn't know that, Elon, But I understand his point. So penguins are helping with the warming that some people think is happening Antarctica. They're actually helping that by just simply living out their lives and leaving behind the waste from what they consume.
Speaker 6: Okay, so penguin poop, good, penguin, chicken poop or cow poop bad cow?
Speaker 2: Not poop far.
Speaker 6: Far Okay, all right, got them. But okay, so some poop good, some poop bad.
Speaker 1: So really, for those of you that worry about the methane that comes out of animals that is going to destroy the earth, which what a statement, maybe farmers should start adding maybe a little pack of penguins.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, guys, we've seen this is the ice core records that they're able to go and get the oldest ice in the world from these ice core records in Atlanta in Antarctica, not Atlanta, Antarctica. And you can see over time the CO two and the temperature going up and down, up and down in cycles over time, over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Before industrialism is naturally occurring, we would say, because the Earth isn't a fallen state.
Speaker 2: Up and down whatever you believe it does happen.
Speaker 13: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: So I don't do a whole lot of RV living, But let me tell you one thing mister Adye Van Adler does, and I will tell you right now he'll hit the road and his van and Ladair, you were the one who told me that the harvest host that that's actually they're a game changer in the RV world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unbelievable what they are offering at Harvest Hosts.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, guys, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: And Adler was telling me this as I was looking over and learning about this new sponsor. You know a lot of times when you go out on the open roads, I mean, you don't know what to expect. Sometimes you end up in some little rest area or or somewhere like that.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you.
Speaker 1: With Harvest host they can get you set up unlimited, no fees, overnight RV stays at ninety five hundred locations across the US and Canada. All you have to do is sign up for seventy nine dollars a year book your favorite destination and enjoy unique RV stays all year long. Hey, forget about the nightmare of my RV. Okay, is there even a place that I can park mine? No, you can stop overnight at amazing locations. You can go to museums, farms, golf courses, drive in movie theaters. How much fun is that? Wineries orchards? How about this ad adventure to the travel new destinations. Also some unique businesses also across the country, so you don't miss.
Speaker 2: Those for things you might need.
Speaker 1: So they have fifty thousand and five star reviews and most of the time, when you check in the host that is going to provide where you're going, they'll confirm with you within five minutes. So head to harvest hoost dot com use the code RICKB for twenty percent off harvest host membership. Once again, that's harvesthost dot com for twenty percent off and use that promo code RICKB so they know that I sent you and your RV travels just got better? Is our gutter people? Are y'all the gutter people out there right now? You know the old days, my gutters, gutters gutters.
Speaker 5: A'm not talking about like trash people.
Speaker 1: Now, not talking about people who live in the gutter. Now we see those on social media. Physical gutters.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about physical gutters on the home. So our whole lot of work lately. The house we live in was built about.
Speaker 1: Twenty two years ago, so that was when everybody got into these weird roofs and cuts, and you know, they made the houses almost impossible. These people that now get on these type of roofs and were amazing people. Well, so you can clean out, you can clean out the gutters pretty easily on the parts of the house that are low, but on the highest parts of the house with these weird time I mean, I don't have a ladder even big enough to get up there, and and you know, at sixty probably don't need to anyway. But even even Sherry was like, hey, we can clean the one that's right there in front of the front door, but it's the back of the house because our house, we live on one of those lots where you actually come down into the driveway a little bit, and so the house sits right here all that's pretty low, but the back of it hangs down going down the hill, and that creates much higher elevations. And so Sherry was like, hey, all this rain we're getting in our you know, in our state, in a lot of places. Now, She's like, man, you can tell some of these gutters are clogged up and the water's just coming over the side and just you know, destroying all the things she's planted and all this kind of stuff. And so she said, just can you get with somebody find out that can come clean these higher parts of the gutters that we can't get to.
Speaker 2: I said, said, no problem.
Speaker 1: So I go to my first guy, because you know, you got to have a guy, and he said, here's who you need to call. A text back and forth with this cat a few times. Even says he can come by and expect and inspect it to see what he's dealing with. Never hear from him again. For all I know, he's been abducted, or maybe he was sent back where he came from.
Speaker 2: Because he was there here illegally.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I don't know what happened to got it, but he's gone. Okay, I've even gone. I've even text before. Uh you know, at one point there's actually in our neighborhood right now, somebody's lost a cat, which I hate to break it to him, means the coyotes of eating it. I hate to tell you that. Nobody else will tell you that. I'm telling that's what happened to you cat. But anyway I.
Speaker 2: Ever find them. When they put them posters up, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for this family, but I'm telling you the coyodes, Yeah, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think that's more for the kids.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you see that poster that's put up, like they did that for the kids.
Speaker 2: Did you know that I was told I better. I guess I won't say who it was.
Speaker 1: And in case their kids don't know, I was told over a Memorial Day weekend that there was a cat that was taken by Cody Codis in the neighborhood and it was a family cat. Listen to the brutality of the coyodies. I said, are you sure that's what happened to it? Are you just like me, You're just speculating because it happens. They said, oh, no, you're not getting graphic. And I said, and of course I couldn't let that go. I gotta know how how do you know? And and they said, oh, we went out to the driveway and and there was the cat's collar just laying there like in a perfect line with a little fur bot.
Speaker 2: That's nice, Rick, cont thank you for that. The Cody said, leave the collar. So that means the cat got away, right, Yeah, that's what you tell your kids.
Speaker 5: All they got was the caller there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Now they said. The bad part was the next day actually a letter from the Cody.
Speaker 2: Cat was a little gaming. But anyway, the boy okay, all right, so so anyway, so so I go, okay, this guy, I'm done with him. I don't know what happened to him.
Speaker 1: Contact a second guy that I know, another guy that's in the in the in that world. Oh, this is a guy you need contact. Contact him. Haven't heard anything from him, Nobody wants.
Speaker 2: I'm at the point where I just became the poor slow that's just this now, just searching gutter people in my area, which I know that's a road to nowhere, and you know, and then then I get a bunch of recordings and I thought, that's not good.
Speaker 1: That they're sucking me in. They're not even here, there's somewhere else. This feels almost like some sort of skin. Before I'm done with these people, they'll have my they'll have my credit card, instill my identity, you know.
Speaker 2: So what's up with you? Gutter people? Are y'all in that big of a today?
Speaker 6: If you get gutter guard and they'll clean it before they put them on.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not talking about putting on that kind of stuff. I've been told that maybe I need to.
Speaker 2: I don't need it. I don't neednybody to come pitch me on. I want to sell you something to cover your gutters. I don't need that, you know. Now, if you want to advertise with us, then we'll work something out.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but but but that's different, completely different. And I'll check if we got somebody that does that, I may go, do we have anybody does that? I remember one time there.
Speaker 2: Was some talk to that. Yeah, so long ladder. Yeah, well you're but now you're so handy. Now is this a little too high? One of those well one of the things.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get so handy that I that I'm that I'm in the hospital. This this is the way that you don't you know, have you seen the back of the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, up there, and.
Speaker 1: So I got a couple of spots or tricky, so I can't I can't get you know, as as as Mick Jagger saying, I can't get no satisfaction.
Speaker 2: I can't get no god person, I can't get no You think they're just so covered? Are they in that big a demand?
Speaker 1: I thought a lot of there there's a tremendous amount of gutters.
Speaker 2: But have you really, like really gone after these people? You mean, well, look, the one guy, for all I know about him, he was he was you know, he Ice got him. I don't know what happened. Then Ice got him. That's where he just stopped.
Speaker 1: Responding and said he was coming by to inspect. And I said, sure, did you ever see him back come? No, I never saw him. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: He's maybe rolling in there before you know it, getting his ladders out.
Speaker 1: And of course, now, of course, now raise your hand for your husband. Every time it rains, what do I hear? Every time it rains in the waters's coming on side? Can you not find us a good person? Maybe I'm trying and.
Speaker 5: It rains a lot.
Speaker 2: It was so much.
Speaker 1: Of course by the time I find him, it won't. Raining yesterday was horrible, Yeah it was. It was flooded everything.
Speaker 2: Gutters looking said I can't do anything with it. Yeah, they couldn't handle it.
Speaker 1: And y'all y'all thought you were going to catch me running in the rain yesterday and that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Well you were you wanted to. No, I didn't flinch. I walked to the wall.
Speaker 1: I even walked in at the when I went to sign books yesterday, they were all there. They were watching.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See if I was gonna say, if I was gonna run, you kind of hada. You had little skip. There's nothing about my walk, but my tempo didn't even remotely picked. I had a wide gate. No, I always have normally big white like that.
Speaker 1: You know, you know I had it on the I got that foot issue goes and I've got and I've got a hip that's not great. And I think you jumped a puddle. Let me tell you when you know you get older. Let me tell you when you know you're getting older. When someone has surgeries you know are coming for you and you really want to know the details.
Speaker 2: So how was that? How long was you recovering? And because you know, you don't know, we videos you did, do you know? But I'm not surprised by that video.
Speaker 1: Now, with our demand for content, I feel like we're getting videoed all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm becoming greg.
Speaker 5: I actually have video of all three of you going to your cars.
Speaker 6: You video me, okay, exhibit number one? All right, here goes And we told him, hey, we're watching.
Speaker 5: You see if there's.
Speaker 2: Guys, if he runs raining pretty hard here, I watch.
Speaker 14: You.
Speaker 2: That's a man on a mission. Shouldn't we were watching that? That's a man you happened. I'm always determined, great guy, that's a man who's who's got you know what heppened. That's a man that means business to say. I didn't know. I didn't know I was being video. Here's I wanted to run. Oh my gosh, somebody know the other guy's got a number.
Speaker 12: The other guy. I'm that guy.
Speaker 2: I saw your head.
Speaker 6: You walk like your neck was always your your heads down.
Speaker 2: I was you're looking like I was walking like I dared the rain. To hear me, I dared the rain. You're like, it's getting my own hand. You're you're trying to dodge the rain. You know I ever did that? Yeah? I saw it. Do you have Greg? I have Greg?
Speaker 5: And I did not tell Greg.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what all here goes Greg. Now he's a good video and Greg. Yeah it was raining? Really, boy?
Speaker 4: Was man?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 15: Here?
Speaker 2: He's Greg running.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 2: That's one of the guys from upstairs. You're gonna be visited by dad right tonight. I have a satchel. From the other side. It looked like coach Jimbo Fisher running, Gregg you running, guys, were you running in the rain?
Speaker 5: That's not you, you little boy.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: With him his little bag hanging from.
Speaker 16: It, right back.
Speaker 13: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 14: Greg.
Speaker 2: The nations sad about what they just saw from you.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Me.
Speaker 2: Somebody somebody said this would have never happened if you never had LEPOSOCHI. That's right. Yeah, that's time ago. Let me see your hands. Let me see your hands. Not one, not one, callum.
Speaker 1: I still work around the house. People said, you may hate George Straight, but even he wouldn't run in the ring. Yeah, sorry, coach, I'd run from George Straight. So I wanted to hear him saying we he's definitely down on the George Straight stuff.
Speaker 2: Now he is being silly about George Straight came on at Hard eight Barbecue in Dallas. Yeah, I tore that. That was right, Greg, that was right before you mo Joe the Stars. Yeah, I didn't mo.
Speaker 7: What song.
Speaker 2: Huh. I was just in the background. I don't know.
Speaker 8: It was just obviously because if it's all my exes live in Texas while you're in Texas, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Thank you Agler for that time. Purpose Hello Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 14: You're on, go ahead, Green Acres.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the call, buddy, I was listening earlier.
Speaker 17: I used to work on a landscaping cruise for like five years.
Speaker 15: I was gonna say, you could probably get one of those guys to do your gutters for you see, we used to do it all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like a little pick up something on the side.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we'll get up there with a leaf blower and blow them out.
Speaker 2: Boy, they're gonna have a hard time getting up there. Yeah, man, we continue. Uh let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, then, thanks buddy, let's continue. Let's go to Uh hello, you're on the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead, Yes, sir. I'm not sure talking about this yesterday or not, but the Chicago mayor on Monday was celebrating Africa Day instead of Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: Oh here comes at.
Speaker 8: It did go viral on Memorial Day, but that was actually technically the day before the Sunday, the day before it went viral on Memorial Day.
Speaker 5: I saw that too. I had to dig into it a little bit to see and just you know, just just for the faith, you know, for for the facts.
Speaker 8: Truth. Yeah, it was the day.
Speaker 14: Fact.
Speaker 2: I know this is weird in modern day media, but we'll trying to be truthful. It was on Memorial Day weekend yes, but on a different day. Yeah. Uh, here we go. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. On screen phone calls, go hell, Larry.
Speaker 6: He sent us a text earlier of some patches and an official It looked like, wow, so sore.
Speaker 2: It is right here, Larry. We're looking at it now on the text option.
Speaker 9: What what?
Speaker 2: What has taken place in the world of.
Speaker 14: Pat yesterday in the midl If you look at the letter, it's from the US Marshals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll see it right now. I'm trying to brag.
Speaker 14: No, I'm not trying to brag a little bit.
Speaker 2: Please ask me to read the letter. Please.
Speaker 14: Two weeks ago we called the US Marshals.
Speaker 2: Can you read the letter to its? Can you read the letters? Can you read the letter?
Speaker 14: I don't have it in front of me.
Speaker 2: Do you remember rat? Larry? How is the injury? I'll just say it that way. How's your burn?
Speaker 14: It's about still a little bit of blisters.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, Larry, So.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Larry. That's an official letter to letterhead and everything. US Department of Justice.
Speaker 14: Yeah. Black, Then the US said Marshow's office in Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Larry, asking where it's from. Well done. I'm awesome, man. We continue unscreened phone calls. You're on the Rick Birders show.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, morning, Yogi.
Speaker 16: Here guys, Hey, where are you being?
Speaker 11: Hey, I've been with you the whole time. Hey, Rick, I'm about ten years older than you. And your shoulder, I've been up having mine, uh repair and replaced.
Speaker 2: So thanks.
Speaker 3: It's not fun.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: I know how you guys hate that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I know you guys hate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yogi, thanks for showing me. You just mentioned you're somebody that's getting certain that you're probably gonna show me. Let me tell you what I don't you know what people diagnosed. Here's what Wingo said. I had lunch, Wingo had and seen each other two and a half months. What's this with your shoulder? And I see I've got some kde rotator cuff? He goes, if you're watching, he said, can you do this? I said yeah? He goes, You're fine. What talking about? Okay? And that was the end of that. And that was hand on opposite show.
Speaker 1: When you get you can't, he goes, If you ever get to where you can't do that right there, take your right hand and touch your left shoulder, then go get it worked.
Speaker 2: On until then everybody's doing it, and he basically said, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to hear about it anymore. If you can do that, I want to hear about Okay, I agree that you hushed, didn't you? I did Rick Berger's show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead, Hey, yeah.
Speaker 16: Y'all are talking about uh driving earlier and people was not putting on their turn signals of things. Things I like to do. If I'm driving and somebody in front of me and they're turning taking a ride or something, I go ahead and put on my blinker so the person behind me can see that I've got my blinker on, and if they looking at their phone or whatever, they they see something blinking light that they may pay attention running to the back of me.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being a phill in blinker. The philli in blinker people, they'll confuse you a little bit, though, especially if you're you know, waiting, be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you pull out in front of them. Hey, you know what I saw when I was a boy.
Speaker 12: Don't ever trust a blinker.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's fine.
Speaker 1: But when I'm needing to get out, do you ever just go? I'm going for it, I think they're turning, I'm going for it. Are you trying to get into traffic and you see somebody with a blinker on your life and people are screaming, don't trust the blinker, And I'm like, I wouldn't do that. I probably would listen to you if they were like one more car behind them, But there's like eighty I'm going for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which got to.
Speaker 1: Neil McDonagh is great in the Last Rodeo. It's in theaters now. Have you been to see it? From Angel Studios? Go to Angel dot com slash Rick. You're going to love this movie.
Speaker 2: Action pack. What's the story?
Speaker 1: Birds retired rodeo legend played by Neil McDonough who straps back in for one last ride, risking gall to save his grandson. You think you think Greg now that he's a papa. You think he didn't cry at this movie.
Speaker 2: Of course he did.
Speaker 1: He's the oldest rider to ever enter the arena. It's about healing broken bonds, facing the past, proving that real courage means fighting for the people you love.
Speaker 2: So it's hard for help. Then it can be raw at times, but that makes it a good movie.
Speaker 1: Uh and again it might cause you to get a little misty, So go to angel dot com slash rick. Great idea for a movie this weekend. Grab your seats for the last rodeo. That's Angel dot com slash rick for the last Rodeo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andrews, are you?
Speaker 11: Here is the story?
Speaker 16: Ds?
Speaker 1: Be well and Andy. So here's our categories callers, Uh, Science, history, Hollywood? Uh, watch out for this one. Ancient culture, ancient We'll start with John. John is out of Georgia. John, Welcome to be true? Or bs with Andy Andrews.
Speaker 2: How are you today?
Speaker 3: Just fine?
Speaker 14: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay? So you know how we play it.
Speaker 1: You've got to listen to this information is the best way to put it, and then you must discern whether it be true or Andy just made it up? Okay, Science history, Hollywood or ancient culture?
Speaker 2: Which one you want to go with? Let's go with history history. Oh uh oh, he lies like a little history life there we got all right? Are you ready? John?
Speaker 15: Here we go.
Speaker 10: On December seventh, nineteen forty one, the Japanese attack on the American military base at Pearl Harbor was fast and furious. The Japanese bombed and torpedoed no fewer than eight American battleships. When it was all over, two thy four hundred and three people had lost their lives. Among the damaged ships was the West Virginia, which sank to the bottom of the harbor. When crews were surveying the damage the next day, they heard something hopeful and terrible banging from the ship, which meant one or more survivors were trapped inside the vessel. However, there was absolutely no thing they could do to retrieve them and get them out safely. Six months later, when Cruz raised the West Virginia, the remains of three young men were found in an airtight storeroom, where they had marked the passage of each day they were trapped inside the sunken ship. They scratched goodbye messages to their families on the wall. The three men were alive for sixteen days, waiting for a rescue that would never come. Be true or bs.
Speaker 17: Wow, wow, I'm gonna say it would be true.
Speaker 10: Yes, that is true. Lewis Cousten and Clifford Olds were the three guys.
Speaker 1: Great, well, you know what this means. This means that you get a chance on the wheel. You heard it, and you get a subscription to wisdom Harbor. Yeah, so we'll get that to you, that's for sure. Who do you want to spend it for you?
Speaker 2: You want Greg Speedy, Adler, Andy or me?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 11: I know there but his all al in today Adler?
Speaker 2: Where you come spinning? Here comes all Adler is always in John? All right, So what you have to he's going over to the wheel. So you say it's will to me, and then when you say that, he'll spin it. So go ahead. When you're Rick, it's well to me, come on, old handler Freda. He's yelling, there you go.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen for John? He's earned his chance at the will today? Andy, Let's see what happened.
Speaker 2: In the aggressive spin. That was a very aggressive spin because that that that that that.
Speaker 6: This in a while all right, dj Rick, so you know, yeah, my goodness, dj Rick, dj Rick, let me see what you what you're thinking?
Speaker 2: You're thinking? He's thinking, somebody, what's your what's your favorite music? Owesome?
Speaker 12: Josh of course never country.
Speaker 2: Dj Rick is on Tim Tebow knee uh and he is queuing up a c D.
Speaker 10: George has got a new one now, he does. All my exes have changed sexes.
Speaker 12: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Solid he's queuing up a song for you.
Speaker 1: But John, we're going classic rock because we've had a death today and I'm gonna I'm gonna do a tribute to him.
Speaker 2: Okay on DJ Rick.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, John, Yeah, he's got to stay on hold, so on get his stuff.
Speaker 2: All right? Here we go anywhere here, Here we a.
Speaker 1: W R B s Rick Burgess in the afternoon, Rick Darren Jerry is going on to rock and roll Heaven, where he finally finds out from God himself what a new world is rock and roll Hoochie Coop.
Speaker 11: There we go.
Speaker 2: Goods for you and still got it, still got it, love it?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, say Caleb. He's in the Free State of Florida. Caleb, welcome to be true or bs. We can get one more end and we'll break and come back and get some others. Uh So science Hollywood or ancient culture?
Speaker 3: No, Hollywood, Hollywood.
Speaker 10: All right, I'm excited about this one. I found Okay. The movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was originally supposed to be a war movie. Its working title was One Flew Over the Eagle's Nest, and the story was of an army ranger parachuting into Butcher's guard Hitler's mountain retreat in order to assassinate Hitler. A young Morgan Freeman was cast as the army ranger and the film was already in production when at a cocktail party, a historian mentioned to Universal Studio head Arthur Goldberg that there were no black rangers in World War Two. This was nineteen seventy one, when the US was desegregating schools, and the racial tension at the time made Morgan Freeman in the wrong uniform a risky call. So instead of just casting someone else, Universal pulled the plug. The movie was dead in its tracks until Arthur Goldberg had an idea. We haven't started principal filming yet, He said, the b roll we've shot can be used in another context. Let's just change the whole concept. Instead of Hitler's Mountain Layer, the movie can be about a psychiatric hospital, you know, a cuckoo's nest. We can make the main character a war veteran, no, a distinguished war veteran, and cash Jack Nicholson heck he's crazy anyway. At the Academy Awards the year the film was released, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest swept the show. The movie won Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Screenplay. Be True or Bs?
Speaker 2: Wow, Caleb Man, I like that movie?
Speaker 16: BS.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's BS.
Speaker 2: They're killing killing me all right, Caleb. By the way, what kind of mind comes up with that?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Caleb concerned?
Speaker 1: Who do you want to spend the wheel? Who wants to spin the wheel? Greg Adler, Speedy Andy?
Speaker 11: Or me?
Speaker 17: Give me uncle Greg.
Speaker 12: Let's go.
Speaker 2: You got to say to Greg, it's will to me and he'll spend it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, one o two, and it's real to me.
Speaker 4: It's will.
Speaker 1: See if Caleb can win, big boy grasp my man like he was running yesterday in the rain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said, just see what it has. It's all blurry, it's going too fat. Right, let's see Caleb, Caleb, you've earned it? Or here it comes, here, it comes, It's closed to five. Oh Caleb, Caleb, Cavin, Caleb Cale.
Speaker 12: He's running, He's running running.
Speaker 2: Cala, Oh my god, Caless no drags going faster, He's running.
Speaker 3: He Caleb, get it by Caleb. Wow, how's that feeling?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 18: That's awesome?
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars, Lord Amen, I will put your own hoe, will get your information. You also get a subscription to Wisdom Harbor. So you made out like a bandit today. So you got money and knowledge?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 12: Are you okay?
Speaker 2: We still we still have.
Speaker 1: Science and ancient culture. Yeah there, but he'll be back in a couple of weeks. Don't worry about that. So Andy, you had a couple of bonus ones for us.
Speaker 2: They out of history, both of them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, both of them matter. Bonus for the boys.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, focused greg.
Speaker 10: Nazi Germany faced resistance even from within Adolf Hitler's own family.
Speaker 2: The family, okay.
Speaker 10: William Patrick Hitler was the son of Alwis Atolf's half brother, and his Irish wife, Bridget Dowling. Born in England, William did not grow up in Germany and only met his infamous uncle in adulthood. The two aparently had a strained relationship. In nineteen thirty nine, William published an article for Look magazine called Why I Hate My Uncle. During a speaking to abroad, William and his mother, Bridget became stuck in the US. He attempted to enlist in the American Army, but his connection to the Nazi leader made that difficult. He went so far as to write a letter to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt that explained why he wanted to join the struggle against tyranny and oppression. Eventually, William won a spot in the US Navy. He survived the war, moved to Long Island, New York, and gave himself a new name to further distance himself from his reviled uncle, William Patrick Stewart Houston. Be true or BS.
Speaker 2: Speedy, Be true, Greg bs Adler.
Speaker 5: I think I saw this on an episode of Drunk History. Be true.
Speaker 2: Maybe I will also say, be true.
Speaker 10: It is true.
Speaker 17: It is.
Speaker 12: Running away and got something wrong.
Speaker 2: Something You're off today. That guy's got five hundred bucks. If I'm off.
Speaker 10: Now this next one, it may be easier to guess, But I love it, okay. When Japan and Germany finally lost World War Two, they had tons of manufacturing ability, yet were banned from building a military for more than ten years. The Japanese and Germans both looked at Detroit's success in the auto industry and approached the free enterprise market, each in their own way. To this day, we have luxury and economy cars from across two different oceans competing with our domestic vehicles because they lost the war? Be true or BS M.
Speaker 2: B S GREG. I like saying BS know that.
Speaker 5: I mean it sounds about right.
Speaker 8: I don't know when those companies were formed, so that's what I have to But Volkswagen, you know, people the people's car, Volkswagen Mercedes.
Speaker 2: So what what is it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say true?
Speaker 2: True, I'm gonna say true as well.
Speaker 13: It's true.
Speaker 2: It's true for too.
Speaker 10: For I love the fact. I love the fact that they have luxury and economy cars competing with our domestic vehicles because they lost.
Speaker 2: Didn't that sh my goodness?
Speaker 1: Sharing I watched the documentary the other night on Churchill, and of course he's a fascinating person.
Speaker 2: Uh, I guess I will never I do understand it.
Speaker 1: But all that he went through and and the I didn't realize that when you get down to the Allies, we've got stallin and we've got you know, see, it would be Roosevelt, right, and then and then we have Churchill in Churchill. At one point it becomes pretty clear that Great Britain, we love you, but you're kind of on the decline. Russia is getting bigger. The United States is a superpower. And there were moments when Stallin and Roosevelt kind of started drafting and kind of left Churchill out there on the little island.
Speaker 10: Absolutely and uh and I.
Speaker 2: You know when you see that, and you know, this is actual footage of them talking, and you know, of course they re enacted some of it, but they had the actual footage of it too, and you're thinking, wow. So we were we were drafting with Stalin there for a while because Roosevelt, rightfully so started realizing this is who I'm gonna have to deal with going forward. It's not going to be great Britain.
Speaker 10: Well, we didn't know it already at the time he sat down at the conferences with Roosevelt and Churchhill. We didn't know he had already killed twenty five million of his own people, right ended up between nineteen seventeen and nineteen eighty four, the Soviet Union's own records show they killed sixty five million of their own people.
Speaker 1: And boy, they started gratting, you know, because we needed them handling one of the fronts. And while they were handling the front, they were grabbing ground.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they started growing yep. But I mean what do you do?
Speaker 1: I mean you were fighting a two front war. I mean you don't really have a yeah, and if Japan doesn't do what they do, I don't know if we'd have gotten I don't know that we'd ever got in.
Speaker 10: Boy, that would have ended a lot of well.
Speaker 1: It showed the footage of Churchill hearing the report of the attack on Pearl Harbor and he looks reund and says, I.
Speaker 2: Believe the Americans are about to join us. Yeah, it's about to happen now.
Speaker 1: And so that was interesting to see that history tree and then the fact that he runs for prime minister after winning the war and then lose it and they vote him down, and but then he comes back and gets it back because they realize human beings do it all the time.
Speaker 2: We're done with all this war. We don't like church Hill.
Speaker 1: He's a warhowlk and of course what he was is courageous. Yeah, and so we need to try something else. And then the left comes over her and says, let's all what go back to feel good is? And of course then you do it, and then what do you go?
Speaker 2: We messed up. They went back and put Churchill back in this prime minister. So so anyway, he doesn't sound familiar speeding it does sound familiar. You better believe it does.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk to Scott Jennings about this. I believe that this time Trump is running a lot smoother this time than his first time.
Speaker 2: And Jennings talks about that in the book that.
Speaker 8: Trying to make it seem like a disaster's trying to make it seem like it's at easy alt.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk to Jennings here in a minute.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking to Jennings.
Speaker 2: You can't. I know you want to. I know you want to have you.
Speaker 8: I do want to say that it's my hero because when I hang out with my liberal friends, I feel like you are Scott Jennings while he's on those CNN panels.
Speaker 2: Are you still hanging out with your liberal friends?
Speaker 10: You have liberal friends?
Speaker 5: Almost of my friends are libs?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah? Yes, I got to look at me, look at me, yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's almost like you're a baited field for them. They're coming to the feeder.
Speaker 10: You putta is a baited field.
Speaker 12: It's one of our own.
Speaker 5: I know we can we can trans him for sure.
Speaker 1: I know you mentioned this before twenty six books. You're always you're certainly working on one now, I'm sure, So when can we expect this?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's one of those Yeah, yeah, I haven't committed to it.
Speaker 10: I don't have a deadline on it, and I'm taking full advantage of that.
Speaker 2: Have you got to the point where that'll put deadlines on you anymore?
Speaker 15: Have you ever?
Speaker 10: No, I've gotten to the point where I don't sign contrast to them all.
Speaker 2: But in the early years, I bet you had deadline. I did, and I did. You didn't like it.
Speaker 10: You know, when I did The Travelers Gift, you know that took it was like fifty one publishers turned me down. Fifty one publishers said, you know, it wasn't worth putting on paper. And so when that book finally hit, I was like a free agent that had just won twenty games, and so they signed me to a three book deal and immediately I started writing. But when I sat down, I was like three books. I'm not even sure how I wrote the first one, right, no real pressure.
Speaker 2: So plus we got you writing BS or be True.
Speaker 1: Right, So you're working on something but it has no deadline and we're just watching it come together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got the idea. Do you know where you're going?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I am, and i've been. I think God's been popping me around a little bit. I think I'm fixing to get serious about a couple of them.
Speaker 2: Oh co right, So anyway, I know that, and we're scheduled.
Speaker 6: Can we talk about the schedule of you appearing on Andy's for the Friday before Father's Day?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I don't know when that will air? Will air that do or come out later?
Speaker 10: It'll air, that will air whenever you want it to air. We we bring them out on Tuesday morning at daylight, and so whenever you say, OK, I mean, we'll just I want to I want to help this book.
Speaker 2: Thank you. So I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the things that Sherry said, you were so good when she put her book out, and the the you know, the review you gave of that book on Amazon is just you took the time to understand it. And Sherry told me to pass that along to you. She's gonna come with me, she said, because I've just been waiting on the opportunity to show Andy and meet Polly and tell them how much I appreciate how good they've been to us, and you've done it again with this book.
Speaker 10: So thank you well, absolutely love you guys very very much.
Speaker 1: Well and the feeling is mutual. Thanks for your time today, Andy, all your hard work you put into it. Even though there's some sick, twisted side of you, it loves this.
Speaker 2: I think, thank you. I don't think this has worked for you.
Speaker 10: Everybody joined Wisdom Harbor dot com.
Speaker 1: Now that's our Wisdom Haarbor dot com and we're giving out subscriptions of that too.
Speaker 2: If you can win.
Speaker 13: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Hello America, brand new iwer. The gang all here, Speedy, Greg and Adler and we have been looking forward to this h and that is our opportunity to visit with Scott Jennings and talk about the new book that will be coming out in November. Scott, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. How are you today, sir.
Speaker 15: Rick, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I'm great.
Speaker 15: Greetings from the Louisville International Airport. By the way, it's an honor to be with you there.
Speaker 2: Well look there, you're the pride of Kentucky. There you are in Louisville. Yep.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 1: So you know we want the book is the revolution of common sense. Uh, this common sense phrase, I can't remember the first person who said it, or I would give them credit, but I certainly have been using it. Is that we're living in a time where common sense became a superpower.
Speaker 2: That was the comment. Common sense is now a.
Speaker 1: Superpower, and you are saying in your book that we're all looking forward to Trump is leading a revolution of the return to logic, to common sense.
Speaker 2: Talk about the title a little bit.
Speaker 15: Well, I thought of it when I was listening to the president's inaugural address. He used the phrase there in the Capitol of Rotunda and his inaugural and I thought, you know, that's how he has rebranded the Republican Party. And there's a bunch of people out there who don't call themselves Republicans or Democrats, or even liberal or conservative, but they're attracted to this idea of common sense, that he's on the right side of most eighty twenty issues in America. And that's how he's attracted all these people to the party. And so I thought, you know, this would be a good book, actually, and I met with him in February. It pitched him on it. He decided to cooperate, and I spent the one hundredth day in office with him in Michigan where he used the phrase again. They're at his rally in Michigan, and so it's really, I think, been a recurring theme for him, but it really speaks to what I think the overall branding of the party is today. And of course, issue after issue has popped up during his first one hundred plus days. That shows exactly why the phrase is apt for his administration.
Speaker 2: True, and why there's been such a response to it. Talk a little.
Speaker 1: I did not know this, Scott, and it's shocking to me that this is the first book. Now you're a writer, and you consider yourself a writer, but you've never written a book.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 15: I've written thousands of newspaper columns and certainly other kinds of content, but never tackle the book. And so this time out I decided to tackle a big one, which is, you know, sort of Trump storming back into Washington, and I think also fighting for Western civilization. You know, all these issues we debate on a daily basis. We go back and forth on the political stuff, but the true issues at play in this world are the future of the West and the future of free speech, and I think Trump is sort of the bulwark against you know, all the people who would try to tear those things down. So I think there's things going on here in his administration that are just bigger than the daily Washington political fights. They're really macro issues that we don't get those right, we won't be around to argue about the rest.
Speaker 1: Well, watching you on CNN, and you wouldn't believe how many times we're here on the show cheering for you. But but the things that you keep pointing out is what you're talking about in the book. It's some of these things are not political, they're they're they're just logical. And many times you've called everyone going, we as journalists should be applauding this right now, and the fact that we're not is could be even to our own demise. Don't we all want to be journalists again?
Speaker 15: Well, that's how I approach my work at CNN, and that's how I approach this book. You know, I used to be a journalist right when I was in college, and I thought I was going to be one, and I ended up going down the political route. But in my heart, I always approach things with an open heart and an open mind. You know, I'm asking questions, what's the truth? What can we say that's true? Instead of a narrative. And I think that's where the media business has gotten off, tract promotion of narratives over just the facts. And I think also the promotion of activism over journalism, and this reflexive need to always oppose Trump no matter what he does, even if eighty or ninety percent of Americans agree with him, and you have these people that just have to oppose it. Some are journalists, some are of course in the Democratic Party. But that's how I've approached the book. It's how I approached my commentary. Is what's true?
Speaker 14: What are the facts?
Speaker 15: And is it in opposition to some narrative that people have put out. Oftentimes you'll find the answer is yes.
Speaker 2: Compare this Trump administration to the first time in.
Speaker 15: Well, I think this time he got the staff and the cabinet that matches his personality and his leadership style. That's my observation is being in the White House, being with him a little bit, interviewing the cabinet. He picked the team this time that best matches his leadership style. I think last time he was sort of melded together with people who all good people, you know, people who are there I think for the right reasons, but they just weren't the match for this particular president. We don't have that problem this time, and I think that's one of the core reasons that he's been able to move so quickly on so many issues.
Speaker 1: Well, he seems to be a person of action. I don't think anybody can say that is that sometimes an achilles heel for him are are it's worth it because there's so much more good that comes from it?
Speaker 15: Well, I think it's worth it because time is of the essence. I mean, one of the things I learned in writing this book is he knows time is short. I mean, you know, you have a term, and then once you get past the midterms next year, you know you start you're on the downhill slope of the term. And so he's got a lot of balls in the air in terms of foreign policy, economic policy, and other issues. But I think he's doing them all at the same time because he knows he has a finite amount of time being in the White House. I can tell you I'm not entirely sure who was running the country the last four years, but I'm quite sure who's running it right now. What I observed is the nerves is the Oval office. Donald Trump is at the center of it, and there's not a bunch of layers between him and everybody else. It's him talking to the cabinet, talking to the staff, talking to the people he's appointed, and demanding answers. One cabinet secretary said that when you when he asked you to do something, if he follows up on it, you get one chance to say we're working on it, but you don't get two chances. And this is a guy who's like super hands on with the cabinet and the team that he's put in place, and he's not really interested in waiting for you to, you know, construct several committees back at the office and come back in six months. He wants answers right now.
Speaker 1: I hate when you're in a meeting that could have been an email. What about what about the And this is beyond your book. So this may be unfair because this it was happening after you probably you've completed the book. But do you think that there's going to be a rub between he and Elon Musks? Now that Elon is not exactly getting on board for the Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 15: I hope not, because I think Elon has been one of the most important cultural and recently political figures in modern American history. I mean, his business stuff, you know, the visionary piece of him. It's really remarkable. And then he decides to get involved in politics, really for one of the reasons that I mentioned in the book title for the Future of Western Civilization. I know he's not happy with this bill. But one thing they could do, if they really wanted to do this right is send up a separate recisions package, which is what the Senate rules call for, and so you could do the Big Beautiful Bill, which is the Trump agenda, and then separately codify some of the cuts that the Dosee team has identified. You actually could do them both, and I think and I hope President Trump calls on the Republican leadership to do that, because I think both are needed. The tax cuts that Trump is calling for, the energy de regulation, plus some of the just stupidity that Elon's team identified. I think it can all be done. And I really do hope the Republicans and President Trump work to retain Elon's influence because I think it's been a net positive for the movement.
Speaker 2: We got about another minute and a half. The audience asked to know what is your life like at CNN? Are you treated well?
Speaker 11: There?
Speaker 2: Are you constantly being being ostracized? You eat lunch alone?
Speaker 15: Well, I'm treated very well, and I just signed a new three year contract with the network. So they see the value and having you know, at least one lonely person to speak for half or eighty percent of the country on any given ninth And I have to say, you know, they thought of putting this ten o'clock debating show on the air. It gives us a chance to air out these big debates. No one ever tells me what to say. They don't hand me a script. They say, go do your thing. And you know people are coming into it. They're seeing it in their social media feeds. The ten o'clock shows are highest rated show, so treated quite well. I have to credit my employer for seeing the value having an actual debate, because you don't get that on a lot of places.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, who would have ever thought the audience would actually like to hear two sides of ideology debating back and forth. And then we pulled the logic out of it on what we think might be best. One last thing, do you think that is seen in getting on board to help you with the book or were they are? You have to fight Tapper for time.
Speaker 15: They did let me promote it when we first announced the pre orders, and I'm sure i'll do some stuff on it in the fall. It comes out November the eighteenth, so yeah, they'll help me out, and I'll also be able to do some other networks and some other media stuff. But I'm going to promote the heck out of it because President Trump deserves a defense of what he is doing in this second term, and half or more than half the country deserves someone. You know, there's going to be one hundred books written crapping on Donald Trump, and I'm going to write the one that says, here's why he did it, Here's why it makes a difference, and here's why it's good for America. It's called a Revolution of common sense. How Donald Trump storm Washington and fought for Western civilization. You can order it from Amazon or where you get your books, and it'll come out to you on November the eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead and pre order now, go to Amazon pre order right now.
Speaker 13: It's there.
Speaker 1: As he said, the release is November the eighteenth, but go ahead and get ahead of it so you'll just get it right to come right to you when it's available. Thank you, Scott for taking time to be with us. I know a lot of people are pulling at you, and we're honored that you made time for us today.
Speaker 11: Rick.
Speaker 15: I love your set, I love your show. I'm honored to be on today and thanks for everything.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Scott Jennings. There is a Revolution of common Sense?
Speaker 1: How Donald Trump storm Washington and foult for Western Civilization. Pre Order it now at Amazon. It releases on November the eighteenth, and of course catch Scott Jennings on CNN, as he just told you, he's going to be there another three years beyond this because everyone's enjoying that debate.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 13: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Only a little bit of time left in the show today. We do have a few more things to cover. We do want to hit this story. It's headline. Two Secret Service officers suspended after a brawl outside the Obama's house, I mean their secret service.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: They're signed to the former president and the former first Lady and they get in a fight with each other.
Speaker 6: There's a little bit, I mean, there's only eight seconds of surveillance footage, and it does appear as though somebody's fighting there to the just beside the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see that and right there, Yeah, yeah, there's.
Speaker 1: Just a little push and chip, a little push, pushing and shoving, says The two uniform officers were outside the Obama's residence two thirty am. One called for a supervisor to come immediately, and and it's females. I whooped this girl's blank according to the audio recording that's been posted online.
Speaker 5: So cat fight.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought two women working together would have a disagreement. Yeah, I like them.
Speaker 1: So it looks like, yeah, you know, it's the women that are fighting right here and they yeah, you said that they're going to uh they've been suspended.
Speaker 2: That's odd. It's very odd.
Speaker 1: We talked with Scott Jennings earlier on the program. But you know, as we mentioned, we did a little joke that Jack oh Jake Tapper is also got him a book. It's a weird book because he's bringing to our attention something we tried to bring to his attention.
Speaker 2: It just it just feels weird. I mean, it just really does feel weird. This is bizarre.
Speaker 1: So here here's Pierce Morgan and he's going to ask Jake what we want to ask him. Do you think you owe us an apology for now acting, Mike that you've discovered something that you told us we didn't see.
Speaker 18: So here it is been Jake in your case, do you feel that you owe the American people an apology for slightly dropping the ball with this and not just to Laura Trump.
Speaker 15: I feel.
Speaker 19: I feel like I owe the American people in acknowledgment that I wish I had covered the story better that knowing what we know now and looking back on that interview, which I feel tremendous humility about. She was right and I was wrong. I did not see in his the moments he was having. I did not see that as cognitive decline.
Speaker 15: She did.
Speaker 19: Our reporting suggests that she was correct.
Speaker 5: So I feel humility.
Speaker 19: I've apologize to her, and I feel like and I think this is something, quite frankly, that other journalists should think about when it comes to other mistakes, because I'm surely not the only American journalist that wishes he or she had covered this better in legacy media. I should point out conservative media was on this from the very beginning, and that is I will try to do better, and that I mean I could roll a bunch of clips of me asking about this issue. And in twenty twenty I asked President Biden, then Vice President Biden, will you pledge to be transparent about your head and he said yes, although he was not and I only got one interview with him as president in twenty twenty two, and I asked him about the American people think you're too old. Whenever you're confronted with that, you say, watch me. The American people are watching you. They still think you're too old. So it's not like I was ignoring it, and it's not like I was part of the effort to hide this. But in retrospect, of course, I wish my coverage had been better on this subject. And I think while I recognized to a degree, I'm the avatar of American legacy journalism right now when it comes to this story the book, I think, in order to regain trust that there is something that we can do when we fall short, and I'm acknowledging.
Speaker 2: It, did you acknowledge it. I will say this, that's as close as I've heard him come to almost apologize.
Speaker 5: He's not an apology, an acknowledgment.
Speaker 2: An acknowledgment of his reporting. Yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: He almost act liked that. Somehow it's just reporting. He wants to talk about as if that he was in charge of something else other than his reporting. The way you reported was your own decision, and now you're writing a book that agrees with those who said you weren't reporting it correctly. But I'm gonna give him some credit. I thought he did take ownership of a few things, not as directly as we would have liked, but he did. He finally admitted that Laura Trump was writing he was not.
Speaker 2: That's big. Okay.
Speaker 5: Did I hear him say conservative media was on top of it.
Speaker 2: He did. He said they had it right and we did not.
Speaker 1: But this thing where he acts like he can't quite just take full responsibility and say it's my bad, y'all got me.
Speaker 2: I've written a book. I'm coming out. He had to somehow say, well, I'd love to show you some clips where I did ask him about his age. Well, you're asking the president about people thinking he's too old. That's not the same thing, Okay. I mean Reagan had to deal with that, okay, and made a joke about it. We're talking about that we have someone running the free world that isn't able to do it.
Speaker 5: And Jake Tapper is not stupid.
Speaker 8: He knows that he saw us. We saw well leading up to the twenty twenty election. Jake Tapper saw what we all saw. And now they're all pretending like, oh, we're so.
Speaker 2: Surprised, right, why are they.
Speaker 5: So surprise?
Speaker 1: So it's been yeah, and like you said, it was all so logical because we could all plainly see it, especially I don't know where it was where he's somewhere along the way. Might have even said, I haven't had family members go through dementia Alzheimer's. This is new to me, So maybe I didn't see the things that others saw, because if you have any knowledge whatsoever of cognitive decline in the elderly, you could see it as plain as that. The way he walked, the wandering around, the engaging.
Speaker 2: People that he's natural to be talking to, the not.
Speaker 1: Remembering things, the fact that they're embellishing on stories because he's in his mind though he does think those things happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean hiding him in the basement using COVID as an excuse leading up to the first election.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not even the second one.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, Look, you even mentioned it in Scott Jennings interview. Common sense would tell you so much. Of course it would. Well here's one more adder. I'll throw this at you, but I'll give you time to get it. So we've all been wondering who was using the auto pen.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two d David Sachs, tech founder and investor. He reported on Fox News that he believes that Elizabeth Warren was one of the big autopen people. Okay, that she had an autopen wasn't afraid to use it.
Speaker 20: So so here's that this is the financial system of the future, Jesse, and we have to encourage it. What the Biden administration was doing, and let's face it wasn't Biden. Elizabeth Warren controlled the auto pen during that administration. She for some reason, has this pathological hatred of the crypto community. She wants to drive this community offshore. She doesn't want it happening in the United States. That's the wrong policy for the United States. We want all the innovation happening here. This is a financial system of the future. It's cheaper, it's more efficient. We want it happening here, Jesse, And I think people are thrilled that President Trump is making that possible.
Speaker 1: So he says, Elizabeth Warren was one of the main ones that took the auto pen and signed things. You know, America, that's a biggie, Yeah, it really is. That's a biggie right there. And I'm glad we're finding these things out. But we as a country have got to hope people accountable for this kind of stuff. And now we're finding out that things that were going on that you weren't allowed to question sounds a lot like the pandemic. Just think and think about how many things from twenty twenty to right now that we were not allowed to comment on. That now everybody's talking as if these things are just now being discovered, right, and that all the things weren't allowed to say have turned out to actually be a true concern and a lot of the one hundred percent truth and most of it was just logic, and we weren't allowed to use logic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll come back speaking of that.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, that what they announced the US is no longer going to recommend the COVID shot for pregnant women and children.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I knew they were talking about that, so they did announce that yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, healthy kids and pregnant women should.
Speaker 2: Not take it right. No longer are they going to suggest that.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to add, just like pretty much everybody.
Speaker 2: On the planet, we'll be back. We'll talk to you in my opinion. Yah, unscreen phone calls coming up.
Speaker 13: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: There Joe fifteen today. If you don't catch it live, and you can catch it later on the archive. If you sold desire, unscreen phone calls now the number eight eight eight, the number six big vo eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine, and we'll find out what is on your mind.
Speaker 2: America.
Speaker 1: We've covered a lot today, so there's plenty to comment on casse today the archive. If you missed any of it, Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go right ahead, Hey.
Speaker 17: Rick, you know you must have crushed Andy Anderson.
Speaker 2: Right Andy Andrews, Yeah, you must have destroyed him.
Speaker 15: It's all I got the wrong name.
Speaker 2: That's okay again, that's all right. So how he dedicated how much he loved you and your family, and you answered with the feelings mutual. Yes, you had a singer tell you you loved you, and you jumped in with both feet tol him.
Speaker 15: I love you too, man.
Speaker 1: You know with Jamie Johnson, you're right, I do love you right well. Also, though with Jamie Johnson, I didn't have the heartbreak coming, and with Andy I did so.
Speaker 2: But you're right.
Speaker 1: I even thought about it when I said we continue. Rick Burgers Show, unscreenphone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Well, look, guys love a news show.
Speaker 2: Thank you man.
Speaker 5: So what I don't understand is the whole Joe Biden thing we keep talking about.
Speaker 14: Why is no one asking what Jill did?
Speaker 5: She did nothing, Yeah, she allowed him to Just it don't make sense.
Speaker 2: So sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean where where does anybody care about dignity of your loved one. I'll tell what they care about is power for the Capitol, and they'll do anything anything to retain it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: We continue, Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 16: This is Morgan from Golf Shaws.
Speaker 17: I heard you boys riding on my name again. I just want to let you know if you don't put it up. I'm gonna come up there and put the smile.
Speaker 14: Down on you.
Speaker 2: Not bad.
Speaker 1: It started out good, Morgan, here goes the man with a thousand voices. You know, you don't think he had a word or phrase here or there that was a sound.
Speaker 2: Like ok listen until the Rick and Bottle shroll. Of course it was better than that.
Speaker 5: It was better than that. Speedy, good job.
Speaker 15: I hear.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 5: It could sound different in your own head, Greg, Rude.
Speaker 2: Now he's going to Jimmy Stewart a little bit. Did a little bit of Jimmy Steward lit Jimmy Steward. I thought it was, you know, the fact of the matter, Hello, is not that is not what he said. I did say that.
Speaker 1: That's Jimmy Jay maguire, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I loved the show. I love this Morgan. We're calling him the Green Boot and we continue Rick Berger's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Okay, good morning.
Speaker 15: Hey.
Speaker 11: I just want to say I'm really a female, Greg.
Speaker 15: I don't know if that's a good things.
Speaker 11: I know, Greg, look white Trash TV.
Speaker 15: Mama June is coming back on Friday Night.
Speaker 2: From working from hot to not back to hot.
Speaker 17: No, she's still not.
Speaker 2: Different. Will you watch this? You know what's it called.
Speaker 11: It's called.
Speaker 1: It's called family something, Family crisis, Mama Dune, family crisis.
Speaker 2: No, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 11: You saw the movie Happy episode one oh two Fellas, Thank you very much, one oh two.
Speaker 1: This is the BUCkies man, Come and get.
Speaker 17: Them cameras, baby coming.
Speaker 2: We continue Rick Berger Show. Come on. Unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 17: I got a question, Yeah, I got a question for Adler.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 16: Would it be possible to play replays of the Wednesday Bible Study during the breaks on YouTube?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Oh really, it would just and I've thought about it before, but it would It would be such a drastic change of tone to depending on what we talk about. That's the one thing that's keeping me from actually doing that. And I thought about doing it on Thursdays, because we do the we do it on Wednesday. I got the new one on Thursdays. So I've been doing some thinking Greg. But you know, we'll do a story about a dog getting thrown into an oven and then it goes back to the suffering of job and it's and.
Speaker 2: So that that's my bi hesitation actually work.
Speaker 5: It might actually work.
Speaker 8: And I wish I had thought about the tone of things before, including big boys a big, gigantic smiling face in the last episode of Strange Encounters. Sometimes I think about tones. Sometimes I don't think about tone.
Speaker 1: By the way, did you see the follow up story on the guy that actually cooked that chiaba?
Speaker 2: Did you see it? No taste that chicken thish? Okay, hey, we had gone.
Speaker 5: The chicken thighs are back in the doghouse.
Speaker 2: Oh. By the way, a lot of people asking about mister chin.
Speaker 5: We'll let you know. You just you just planning on him being great, because he's doing great.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at him, we continued. He looks okay, trying to get air again. Rick Burger's show unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't think pregnant children should take the COVID shot either.
Speaker 11: They've been traumatized enough.
Speaker 21: Yes, speed, he said, Did I say pregnant? You said you said pregnant women and children? You said it like that, pregnant pregnant women. Comma, Yeah, I thought I said that, And y'all didn't pick.
Speaker 3: Up on pregnant chilling.
Speaker 2: They got a bigger problem. Yeah, great, I just didn't lines are opening.
Speaker 1: If you've been wondering and you're getting the busy signal, they're they're opening now at eighty six big box.
Speaker 13: You're terrible.
Speaker 2: Uh we continue, Hey, Rick Burger's show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 16: I was just gonna let you know, Jake Tapper just proved.
Speaker 2: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sound like it didn't it he didn't take it. Okay, then Rick Burgers unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 2: What a day to celebrate one hundred and two.
Speaker 21: Tommy walkersh my, gosh, funny not funny.
Speaker 2: Do not encourage that, encourage, I don't encourage. Rig Birders show, unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 17: Ahead, Good morning. I keep hitting wiggsy media, including Fox News, saying that the Biden cognitive decline being hidden is like Watergate. Well no, that's not even true. The thing that was comfortable to Watergate is one of our own intelligence services to available to Trump campaign backt in twenty sixteen. It was much worse than Watergate, and this whatever happened since then is treason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agreed.
Speaker 1: How we just really changed our tone from Watergate to spend. We continue Rick Bird's show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, Hey.
Speaker 14: I just want to say I would love the show.
Speaker 17: Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you very much, appreciate you.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I'm called that out, by the way, and the legacy media called him crazy for it.
Speaker 5: Oh, Trump's claiming that his towers tapped.
Speaker 13: You're right, what a crazy dude.
Speaker 2: There's Morgan.
Speaker 1: We're all trying Morgan for him. Now we continue. Rick Birders show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, man, this.
Speaker 2: Is Morgan him.
Speaker 11: Where can I get a signed copy of your book?
Speaker 2: Are you getting around so funny? Uh?
Speaker 1: This big giant red We continue show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I just love your show. But I do you tell great nothing?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 2: You don't have to shout right here? Greg something okay.
Speaker 1: Right about he's read about George straight.
Speaker 7: George Straight never wrote.
Speaker 1: What song right okay has been from the truck stops. Not everybody to truck stop like Seorge trade.
Speaker 2: We just found out. We just found that out. We continue. Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, one O, two do do okay?
Speaker 5: Thank you doctor, some people, thank you, professor, Thank you, professor, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Why a would y'all laugh at that.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, look maybe maybe Okay, Greg dropped the ball today. Somebody will know where you can get a sign Coffey of the audio book. He missed a Joey Chestnut story today. Yep, what's he eating?
Speaker 6: He broke his own record by forty by he ate the most popcorn and eight minutes and he's ever eaten forty two servings of popcorn.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing about Joe. He's not just in one thing. He's not just a hot dog A. Yeah, he broke his own record.
Speaker 2: Sounds desperate. I haven't needed a bunch of stuff lately. Let me try something else. How long you think he's gonna leve?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How long you get paid for that? Top of the hour.
Speaker 13: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rick, here from the Rick Burgers Show, gathering again tomorrow. If you have been tapping into the show, you realize that there's no telling what might happen at any moment, it is not to be missed. A brand new Rick Burgers show right here tomorrow. You just heard the daily best of the Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever
Speaker 1: You get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the daily best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.