Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Lyle. Just a reminder that I am going on tour to do therapy Gecko live in several cities across the United States, and I would love to see you there. I will be interviewing random folks from the audience up on stage, and absolutely anything could happen. It will be very fun, very terrifying, and very geko wee. You can find the link to get tickets in your city in the episode description. Okay, let's get into the podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello is this Lyle.
Speaker 1: This is Lyle.
Speaker 2: How are you doing, No, buddy.
Speaker 1: I am a gecko on the computer.
Speaker 2: You are a geck on the computer. Are you excited for your tour?
Speaker 1: My man, I am excited for my tour. I'm a little bit nervous. Yeah, you coming.
Speaker 2: I wish I could. I try to get tickets to Chicago because I'm out in Missouri, but it sold out like fucking instantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the tour will be fun. I don't know what I'm going to get into with with the people I'm gonna bring up, but I think it'll be fun and I am excited.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you planning another one anytime soon?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, we'll we'll I'll be I'll be doing these live things for as long as people are coming to them.
Speaker 2: All right, Sweet, that's great here, I'm gonna try to come to one soon.
Speaker 1: So what's up with your boss?
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, I had I had kind of a crazy story to share with you tonight just because I wanted some I wanted some outside of advice from someone who isn't like biased to the situation because it has to do with like family problems.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm twenty and I just I just graduated high school obviously a few years ago, and I have a sister who is twenty seven, and she so she's moved out, had the husband has been living with him for like a few years now, and recently she got addicted to this game called I think It's New World. It's a VR game. I don't know if you've heard of it before.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't heard of it, but I'm familiar with VR.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like it's kind of it's one of those it's one of those things where it's kind of like a secondary life type of VR game you're trying to, like, I don't know, just like stupid shit like that. Sims button VR type of thing, I think, And so she was like super addicted into this game and was pretty much living her whole life in the game instead of in the real world with her husband and her dogs that she had just got. And like, so over time she started like stealing. She stole her husband's credit card and like put his information on her door dash account, and he or she was like she was stealing all of his credit card money and like just ordering a shit ton of fucking DoorDash to the house and eating it in the room and just throwing the trash on the ground and then just like sitting in there and surrounding herself in the trash more and more every day, like just only playing the game, not going to work anymore, just getting all this food and stuff and not even like going outside, getting super overweight and stuff. And then she started like neglecting the dogs and she just left them in the kennel, and so while her husband was gone for a while, she like she let the dog start the death and the kennel and like just dyeing their own shit.
Speaker 1: And stuff did start to death in the can. Isn't like, isn't a kennel where you go to have people have other people babysit dolls. No like.
Speaker 2: No, like the like the small kennel in the house, just like a little one that they would keeping the other.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Like a small like I'm saying, like a cage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a cage, okay, like a cage.
Speaker 2: And and so they were just left in the cage, weren't fed, and just died in their own like fefis and stuff. And when she finally got up and realized that one day, when I guess she was just cleaning out the house a little bit to move around because she was starting to like make trails through the house in between the trashs and shit, and she she just put them in a trash bag and fucking threw them away. And then her husband came home and obviously asked what happens to the dogs, and she tries to she tries to say that, you know, they just they just like died and passed away, and she she went to go get them cremated and stuff. And then he obviously walked into the house later and found all the ship laying around and shit like that, found them in the trash can. And then my parents went over there and like everything got crazy after that she got arrested for animal cruelty, and now it is kind of the point where we're at, like sitting at the moment where she got bailed out of jail by my parents and has been living with us now that her husband is divorced her and and my parents are trying to act like this is okay, like she's the victim of something like mental ailment or like obviously this game that like took advantage of her her brain or whatever she's going through right.
Speaker 3: Now, hm hmmm, And.
Speaker 4: Like so.
Speaker 2: Like I don't I don't know how I should get myself to a good point in my own life where I don't feel like I need to to like lie to my parents about how I feel about my sister and and like without without alienating my sister and my parents from me, because I also have another sister that's like a younger than me, and it's still in high school, and she's being like forced into acting like none of this has happened or is like even a problem or is wrong, and then like she's gonna be just or sit this house with fucking her and my parents who are acting like this is a completely normal thing, and I just I just don't know. I don't know if I should confront her or if I should confront my parents because I'm still living at their place while like I just came back from college. I dropped out after my first semester, and I'm trying to get enrolled in a new like community college near like near my original house where my parents live, and so like, yeah, I just I obviously can't get kicked out for opposing them too much. And they're super firm on like believing that she is totally cool, and like there's you know, that she has done nothing wrong and it's just a victim in the situation and that she needs to be helped. But then is like keeping her away from jail and the thing that would keep her like to learn her lesson, you know.
Speaker 1: And what is she doing while she's like in the house with you guys. Is she still playing this game?
Speaker 2: Yes, so she's she's in the house and she is still playing the game, and she's playing other like she still plays other video games too that she's probably also horrendously addicted to. And she still just sits around and has gained like a horrendous amount of weight over the last half a year or so, and it's just like it's getting worse by the day, and my parents are just not telling her that it is when it obviously is, and they're just like they're they're giving her confidence that what she's doing is the right thing.
Speaker 1: So can I ask you so you're it says here, you're twenty, sister's twenty seven. Yeah, that's a significant age difference. But you know, I want to know when you guys were growing up, Yeah, what was sort of the dynamic between your sister and your parents, Because I would have to assume that behavior like this didn't start at twenty seven with the video game. I have to assume this has been boiling and brewing for a long time.
Speaker 2: Right, And no, I would always definitely agree it has been. It's they haven't like always been completely upfront and like very obvious about it about you know, always supporting her through these stupid decisions that she's making and is like, you know, doing some stuff like quitting her job just to continue to play video games or like stream and stuff like that when she needs to just be able to support her family right now, or like what she's starting, which is just her husband and her dogs, and she couldn't even do that. And and but like before they would they still always just let things fly when they shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Kay kam hmm. What would you like to see happen?
Speaker 2: I would I would like to see, like I don't want to say that I would like to see an awful punishment to someone in my own family obviously, but the with the dog, it's kind of unforgivable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 2: I that's what That's what I'm trying to ask. What what you think would would be fair for me to to ask of them? Well, a sister and me out of this ship.
Speaker 1: Well, it's you know, I can't tell you what would be fair of you to ask because and you and you've probably heard me talk about this before. This This is really really difficult because you only have so much power in this situation. You cannot change the relationship between your parents and your sister. You cannot change your sister's behavior. You cannot change your parents' behavior. You can vocalize things to them, you can let your opinions be known, and you can do your best at that, but you can't ultimately control what other people do and how they act. You just can't, right, And that's a difficult thing because I know that you want to and I know that you would like to see your parents be harder on your sister because you really feel like they've been letting too much slide. And it's a hard thing, man, when you're at like, you know, especially because you're feeling really bad for your younger sister, who I feel bad for her because you said she's still she's like sixteen, she's still in high school.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's No, she's not sixteen, she's a senior this year.
Speaker 3: She's eighteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, because I was feeling really bad for her because I mean, you, you know, at least you get to go back to college. Well, no, you dropped out. You dropped out, right. Are you planning on community? Okay? Are you planning on going getting out of there anytime soon?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I just got a new job not that long ago, and I've been working towards yeah, saving nothing, probably trying to move out soon with some of my friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. This family stuff is really tough.
Speaker 2: Because the dynamic is hard to understand, Like I understand that.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, No, it's not that it's hard to understand it's that you have a desire to change it. And I always feel, you know, I sympathize with that because it's something that you can try your very best, dad, and still not accomplish. Uh, But you want to give it a try. So you want to know kind of the best way to talk to your parents about it, or that's what you're trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: Yes, and okay. And also another thing that I wanted to ask is, even if I can get my parents to agree with me, do you think I should just send it now and move out and just put it all behind me.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll get there. Let's start with this. What have you done to communicate about the situation to your parents?
Speaker 2: Well, so, like my parents will constantly like the they'll go out all the time for like dinner and like stuff like that, and they'll invite her and or like even just like dinner at the table, and they'll specifically tell her to come down and they want to specifically like come and sit with her to talk to her about stuff. And me and me and my sister, my younger sister have both like been trying to to show that we aren't interested in aren't like willing to really sit down and just talk to her and act like we're okay to just talk to her without her like explaining why she thinks this is an okay thing, or like why any of this is happening, or that she's like to even apologize about any of it really, And I like I've told I've told them how I feel too, like directly, like I've had conversations with my parents before, straight up and not even like in a mean way or trying to like rag on my sister in the way that I really do feel about it honestly, but like I've just told them and been firm about it, like that I don't want anything to do with her if she's going to be like this, And they're just the same back and telling me like you know, it wasn't her and like it's not her fault because she's sick.
Speaker 5: Mhm M.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you this and it's just as a thought experiment, and there is no right or wrong answer to it. But is your sister completely gone to you? Or if if she did, is there an effort or in anything that she could put in or show to you or do for herself or anything at all, like.
Speaker 2: Any way to any way to earn her back in my mind, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and there's no right or wrong answer.
Speaker 2: Well, like one thing first would be definitely just because Okay. One one thing too is that these weren't even technically her dogs. These were her husband's dogs originally, and like when they when they moved in together, they became their dogs. Yeah, so she really killed her husband's her husband's.
Speaker 3: Dogs, and.
Speaker 2: For once she would need to apologize to him and make everything right with him that she she hasn't this whole time and has just been sitting in her room playing games and trying to hide from him and act like you know, this wasn't a big deal when her parents or our parents have failed her out for all this shit that she has done. M hm, and like she because not only do my parents not pretend like nothing happened, but like whenever I do, like a few times that I do see her and I have to actually have an interaction with her, she she acts like nothing's happened this whole time either, and like that this is the wrong situation that she's put us in, and so step wanted to at least acknowledge that she's wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, so before we even before the germ of the idea even comes anywhere close to entering the mind of her, you know, coming back to you in any way year orfore him, she would have to admit that she did something wrong. And it sounds like we're extremely far away from that. Yes, And it sounds like we don't want.
Speaker 2: To waste any time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and we do. And we don't want to waste any precious time waiting around for that to change.
Speaker 2: No, because, like like I said before too, she she's been like for a while where she just well butt heads, didn't completely refuse any like blame to go on her. She just can't accept that she can be wrong with a situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about your parents, your parents, you're so, you're so tell me this. So your sister is completely far gone. We don't see any time in the future of her being able to admit what she's done wrong. Tell me about your parents. Do you see them at all coming to their senses?
Speaker 2: Honestly, sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. Like with my parents, sometimes I can have conversations with them where it's just us and we're talking about other regular things, and they can they're like, they can be very sensible people. But then there can be big situations like this obviously, which is a very straightforward, like for me at least, when I think about this, I say, wow, somebody just neglected dogs for a video game and would let them start to death. They're a terrible person that they should like pay for that.
Speaker 3: That's fucked up.
Speaker 2: And my parents just don't see it the same way. And they always push for like that super perfect family like ideal, and it's just it's just they push everyone too far, and then from for her, they just they'll let shit like this slide because they want to try to cover up the whole projection of our family to other people. I guess maybe like they don't want to act like we're going through anything wrong and like everything's just cool, so.
Speaker 1: So Branden, I think ultimately, you know, I think it was good to kind of explore this situation, but ultimately I feel like, going back to what I said at the beginning, you're not going to be able to change your sister. You're not going to be able to change your family. You can only express to them what you would like to see happen, and then it is up to them as to what they want to do with that information that you've expressed. So what I would do is sit your parents, if you haven't they're ready, and tell me if you have, But sit your parents down and really expressed to them your feelings about the situation, just just as honestly and courageously as you can, and then let that sit with them. And then once you've done that, my friend, you've done everything that you can do. And then let's go back to the thing that you were asking earlier, which is should I just go on and leave this situation and not worry about it and live my own life. The answers are restounding, Yes, okay, because I know that this is a pretty fucked up thing and shitty situation. I know you feel bad for your sister, who you know is a little bit younger than you and might be a little bit more in the trenches of it since she's still in high school and living there. And I respect the amount of empathy that you have for the people that you care about in this situation. But you got to go and live your own life. So map a game plan out financially right now to moving out and building your own life. Because the fucking worst thing that I could see happening for you from this situation is that you get so embroiled in this family drama that you you, like we've established, don't have power within because you're not the people that you just are. Are spending your expending a lot of time and energy on a dark thing that you could be spending focusing on yourself and building up your own life. And I don't I don't want to see you fall into that. And I think you know that you you know you you asked me should I go and live my own life and not worry about that? But I think you asked me as a confirmation because you know that's what you're gonna go do, and I think that that is what you should go do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I know you and I know how you think about it too. I just it's nice to hear. And and no, I haven't I haven't had that conversation with my parents yet where I really do put the full spirit into it. And I hope that I can do that soon.
Speaker 1: And listen, Brandon, let me tell you. Can I tell you another thing? Can't tell you another thing if it's really important, if it's really important to you, if it and take some time to think about whether it's really important to you. If it's really important to you, then then do it. Have the conversation. But you don't have to. Man, if you're looking at your family situation, you're just like, dude, fuck this. You feel empowered to go, dude, fuck this and leave and don't even have the conversation. It's a it's kind of about what you want.
Speaker 2: To do, Okay, And can I ask one more question for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up? Man?
Speaker 2: If when I do move out and I'm planning on possibly taking my little sister with me, yeah, do you think that how long do you think I should allow myself to keep an open heart towards my parents and my older sister before I really just do give up on it and leave it behind forever.
Speaker 1: I actually think I have an answer to that. You should do it until you notice that it is negatively affecting you even the slightest amounts understood, Braden, Man, thank you for sharing all this stuff with us, and you know, seriously, good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope that you don't get too wrapped up in this stuff, and I hope that you're able to you know, within all this kind of fucked up family stuff to clear out space for yourself, because you seem like a really nice guy who cares about other people and you deserve that. So I hope you're able to find that headspace.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man, and that means a lot. And thanks for taking my call brother.
Speaker 1: Of course. Man else you want to say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 2: Hey, I love y'all. I have a beautiful night, and mister Geto have fun on your tour. I hope to catch you soon.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you man, I appreciate it. Talk to you soon, talk to you soon. Who I like that guy a lot, man, I I I really do. And it's it's uh. He brought up a situation that I think a lot of callers have dealt with in the past, that we've talked to and that you know, I assume people in general just deal with where Like I mean, your family is the first thing you know. So when you're growing up, your family dynamics and your family drama, they they they're everything. They're the world that you live in. It's all you know and your tunnel visioned into it. And then you get to a certain age you get to and you can you realize that uh uh, you don't have to be involved with this shit if you don't want to. Hopefully you realize that you're powerless in a lot of this ship and that's not a bad thing. It's just just the reality. You fucking can't change you're any member of your family. You can't. You can't change anyone to ever do cannot ever make anyone fucking do anything or feel anything, or think anything or change their mind on anything. You can do your best to vocalize it, but you just got to accept your powerlessness and fucking be like, well, well, guys, listen, I'm gonna I'm piecing out of here and I'm gonna go build my own life and not get super lost in the in the drama of it all. And I get it's hard for Braden because he cares about you know, he cares about his his family. Because if he, if he truly didn't give a shit, he wouldn't be talking about any of this stuff. It wouldn't be bothering him. And that's what he's wrestling with, is the is the care comes from a sweet place, you know. That's why he talked about how much should I have an open heart? And that was a really interesting question. He asked, for how long should I keep an open heart toward you know, my family, with this fucked up drama going on, And the answer is, you know, until it is fucking with his ability, if it for as long as it does not fuck with his ability to build his own life. And you know, maybe maybe right now the answer is no, I cannot keep an open home art because it is fucking with my ability to build my own life. But maybe that's not the case in five years. Maybe in five years, once all of the the emotions that are really fresh and rushing through him right now are a little bit more stale, maybe it's a little easier to have an open heart. It doesn't have to be right now. It can wait. But seriously, good luck to you, Bradon Man. Thank you for sharing all that stuff, and we're rooting for you.
Speaker 3: Hello. Is this a gag?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir? Is this Ryan?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Yes, I love your show.
Speaker 1: Ryan. It says here you've been jacking off onto your brother's towel for ten years.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Okay, we'll be dump them right into it. So it's really weird to say like where this started, but obviously it started at a young age because I figured it out, like you know, when you know you're little and you're kind of figure out what like masturbating is, and then you're kind of just like sitting there and y'all dirty, and you're like, huh, I have all this stuff on me? How I get rid of this? And you know, I just you know, walk over to the bathroom and get rid of the excrement and dispose of it. And then my brother started to upset me because I was a you know, I thought to go to my brother would do something to me, and I would, uh, you know, go into his room, flip his bed over, like mess with this ship. Like he did something to me that I didn't like. And then I figured out, you know, what jacking off was, and I very soonly quickly came to a realization that I can get like he gret ninja revenge as like Bobby put it, like ninja revenge on my brother would at him knowing so like and he didn't know it either, but like it's the thing is that I knew it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if ninjas want to be associated with this tactic of revenge, but continue, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think this. I just wanted to call because I figured that I kind of wanted to say the secret a little bit, you know, just get it out there, because he just moved away to college and I think that this period of my life is starting to come to a close, and I think I am ready to overcome it. But I figured why not let other people know, because you never know, it might have like a fibling out there getting like ninja or secret revenge on you not ninja. I don't want associate. I won't.
Speaker 1: I have multiple questions that I feel like we're not answered through your your abstract of the situation. And the first one is, you know, it'd be one thing if you told me that there was a time where your brother did something to piss you off, and so as revenge you jacked off onto his towel and he used it. Ha ha, won and done. But you did this recurringly over the course of ten years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was because I would just like think of like, yeah, because there'd be like days while I'm just like sitting there, like I'll come up like my my brother, uh, you know, really got me upset, and I would do it like out of out of fight on him. But do you know your brother, No, I don't know. On and off we argue a lot.
Speaker 1: But then this day, where Ryan, Ryan, did you really do this for ten years? That's a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 1: And this was and you're twenty one, so this was from the you started doing this when you were eleven, and you did it for ten years? How okay, okay, tell me this, tell me this, Tell me this ten years. Over the course of the ten years, how many times do you think you did it?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, you consider, oh my god, at least once a day. I think that'd be like my minimum.
Speaker 1: You did it every day for ten years.
Speaker 3: Every day, but you know there's some days you do it more. Sometimes you're wait for a weekend.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Why do you hate your brother so much?
Speaker 3: There were days you're like, you know, like my brother he did something nice for me, so then I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: But okay, so you're telling me. Fine, So your relationship with your brother is such that you fucking hate him so much that it's a given that every day you're gonna jack off onto his towel, and if he's nice to you, then you won't.
Speaker 3: Sure, I guess it also kind of depends on my mood. I guess if I'm feeling like it'll like revenge type mood.
Speaker 1: If you're feeling a revenge and I have both lives, right, Ryan, Please don't answer this question. Why do you hate your brother?
Speaker 3: No, he's a good person. No, I just like there were just times in our childhood and like there's like little like annoyances I would get and I just kind of like get back at him. But I'm like, you know, in a way he would notice. I feel like every change of towel is pretty often, so it's not like it was you know, accumulats like months on one towel, that'd be pretty bad.
Speaker 1: All right. So yes, when you were a child, Yes, So yes, when you were a child, your brother would piss you off and you would jack off in his towel when you were thirteen, when you were nineteen years old, what the fuck was going on?
Speaker 3: He's just like especially that's when yeah, nine team was COVID. You can imagine being dup in your house with your brother, and you know it wouldn't even just like me personally, sometimes you like get my parents angry, and I just you know, like find it, you know, take it upon myself, like vigilante kind of typening vigilante revenge.
Speaker 1: So okay, I'm just gonna budd up a little bit of a scoreboard here only, And this is just for me and for the people listening. I need you to understand, Ryan, that the people listening when it comes to the characterization of you right now and the characterization of your brother, what we know about your brother is that when you guys were kids who would annoyed you every once in a while. And what we know about you is that every day for ten years you jacked off onto his towel. So I I just give us something Ryan that we can say, Okay, maybe I eat just something by even some stretch of an imagination, we can understand why you did this.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I guess what my understanding it wasn't just like a big deal because again, like he never noticed. And I think now that i'm vocalizing and talking with you, it's pretty fucked up. But I'll never say it. But again, the reason why I'm making this call is because I'm moving out from that point in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you're admitting that it was so you're admitting that it was fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty fucked up.
Speaker 1: And over the course of ten years, did that thought ever come into your head?
Speaker 3: It kind of just, I don't know, revenge different things to your brain. Man, I think, I don't know, I'm not an only eventful person.
Speaker 1: But don't say that at all. That's a lie. It's a complete lie.
Speaker 3: I guess good, because it was like my little secret was like a little secret for me and myself only.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Yes, give us to give us one single tangible example of anything your brother did to piss you off over the past ten years.
Speaker 3: I can give you a recent example, please. It was this past summer. And again, like you figured like he'd be mature for his age. I guess give him to the specifics. But we went on a camping trip between me and my friends and we were all there having a great time, and you know, we're all just doing stuff and I kind of like took upon myself to organize a lot of trips. But that a lot of times you wouldn't help out on the camps, like because you know, you're kind of like living in the woods, like, you know, on your lonesome. Not a lot of there's only like a few of us, so everyone had to do their fair share. Of a you know activity to make sure you know, well being clean, being you know, responsible for the campsite, making sure it's clean. But there were just a lot of times where we just wasn't helping out and was yelling at me and argue with me when I was like trying to like, you know, gather everyone to do an activity or you know, help clean up, make food and stuff like that, and he would just non stop argue with me. And this was this extended from the entire trip, from being on the campsite to doing the activity we were doing for the the main reason we were there, and the argument was just kind of the whole trip so kind of just like manifested into me. Wanted to go home, not this wasn't a desire, but like my mextion.
Speaker 1: Time, Ryan, do you think, Ryan, do you think? Do you think that all of the calm of his little brother that he's absorbed into his system over the past decade, that's what you're doing. But I said, you know, it sounds it sounds really gross when I say it, right, it sounds like weird.
Speaker 3: And that's what you've been.
Speaker 1: That's you. That's not me, that's you. I'm putting it under a microscope right now. But that's all you, and they disgust your feeling right now, that's it's all you. Man, don't blame me. Do you think that's getting to him? Perhaps that's affecting his mood, that's causing him to be a little less helpful.
Speaker 3: That Oh, that's like a positive feedback loot or like makeing a feedback loop. That's not good. I hope I wasn't doing that. Oh no, your scientists have not yet studied the bad mood.
Speaker 1: The effects of rubbing your little brothers come all over your body every day years. That's what you're doing. Don't say no is if I said something that's you you This is that's not new to you. This is every day for ten years. You're reacting to it as if you've just found out about it now that you've been doing it, this has been your life.
Speaker 3: I guess you're right, though I'm not in if if someone told that to me, yeah, I don't know how I had. I think I really, you know, give him a little punch or something. But like to be honest, the fact that I didn't know, and they at least we're letting me know. Under this circumstance that they were like not doing anymore, you know, go to the bathroom and change my towel immediately. But uh, I think it would be that big of a deal. Maybe I'm saying that because I've done it, but you know, it's a towel. You just you know, we changed every you know, other weeks, So it could it could be worse. You could be like someone who changed the towel, like, you know, every couple of months. That'd be oh my god, the smell wretched.
Speaker 1: Right, I think you're letting yourself off too easy.
Speaker 3: Maybe I am, at least I'm getting this all out now that in the rough week. But this, this is good, This is good, This is helpful. Glad that this is coming to it.
Speaker 1: You basically you you all right, listen, you jacked off onto a towel. You jacked off onto something, and then your older brother rubbed it all over himself. You're like a step removed from jacking off onto your brother. You're a step removed your brother. You're like your brother probably washed his face with a towel. You are a step removed from giving your brother a facial It was painful.
Speaker 3: It was like volta ignorance. I guess you could say ignorance is bliss when you really think about it. Oh man, you're like cleaning my head now, like all these things he probably did with the towel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably rubbed the towel on his penis. You comed on I'm gonna you combed on your brother's stomach, You comed on your brother's face, You combed on your brother's eyes, You combed all over your brother for ten years. Ryan.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm going to repent this.
Speaker 1: You have to tell You have to tell him. You don't repent to me, you repent to him.
Speaker 3: Oh man, maybe we're both like officially moved out.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: That what I can do for now is not do that activitymore, but like once we're both officially.
Speaker 1: Moved Ryan Ryan, Bryan, Bryan Bryan Ryan Ryan. Yes, please don't call it an activity.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to keep it big. I don't know how twitches. I'm just trying to keep it vague. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: This is not about twitch, This is not about me. This is about you comming on your brother, and uh, hopefully you find the courage to tell him. Are you gonna do it maybe maybe on my deathbed. Yeah, yeah, I know. I agree. I was gonna tell you should do it now, But you should totally. You should totally not tell him at all. You should definitely. That would make it so much worse. Anyway, Ryan, is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: I've learned a lot and.
Speaker 1: I really have you tell me. Tell me, tell me one thing you learned before we go.
Speaker 3: It is very helpful to verbalize things and like talk with someone to understand if something sucked up.
Speaker 1: So will you say that you come down your brother?
Speaker 3: No, I would never say that in my life.
Speaker 1: Thank you call.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have a great day, while I hope you don't have. Yeah, you're an only child, they'd be okay, you're fine, all right, have a good.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Uh, he said, I'll be fine because I'm an only child. I'll be fine because I'm not coming on my siblings towels. And you know, I have a sister. And fucking Ryan's lucky he doesn't have a sister, because if he did, she'd be pregnant with a little Ryan incess baby, all because she didn't help out of the camping trip. Hello, Hello, what's going on with you? Mars?
Speaker 5: So I think my parents are swinging with my neighbors.
Speaker 1: You think your parents are swinging with your neighbors. Yes, what has made you think that?
Speaker 5: Well, So, we've lived house that we live in now for about five years and these are like my next door neighbors, like immediate next door neighbors, and my parents have become really good friends with them over the last like four years, I would say, But over the last like year and a half, I've became friends with my neighbor's son and his girlfriend, like best friends. And they're always throwing parties like at each other's houses, Like they're always there or here, like either one. My neighbors are here, my parents are over there, and we'll go over there and like drink with them sometimes or drink here at my house. But over the last year or so, we've noticed that they've gotten like almost uncomfortably close with each other.
Speaker 1: What have you been noticing that makes you feel like they've been getting uncomfortably close.
Speaker 5: This is going to sound kind of crazy, but me and my friends have like a shared Google doc full of like quote unquote evidence of them being swingers. So just they've just been really like touchy with each other, really like suspicious. Like I remember, like a few years ago, before I could drink, because I'm twenty one, they would like send me away. Like they'd be like, oh, go hang out with your friends, or go do this.
Speaker 3: Go do that.
Speaker 5: We're having an adult party at the house. And I'd be like, Okay, what the hell's an adult party. I'm eighteen, I'm an adult legally at least, but they would have these like adult nights. So I'm like, okay, that can I.
Speaker 1: Well, can I actually stop you right there because I really wanted to ask you something. So you you and your friend have a Google doc of evidence that suggests that you this is just that your parents and your neighbors are swinging.
Speaker 5: Yes. Why because at first I thought I was crazy. I thought I was just imagining things.
Speaker 1: Okay, I meant, I meant more so, why have you gone into such depth to investigate this? Like, let's step back back from the investigation itself and step into what your interest is in it? So heavily, I mean heavily enough for you to make a Google doc.
Speaker 5: It's not so much an interest, it's just like I like, I don't want to know if my parents are swinging with my neighbors, Like I don't want to go up to them and ask them.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you don't want, you don't sound like you don't want to know.
Speaker 5: It's it's more of the I don't know, like I do want to know, because they lied to me on multiple occasions about like what they're doing or where they're going. So it's more of the fact that I want them to tell me the truth rather than continue to lie to me. And I don't want to just go up to them and be like, are you guys swinging with the neighbors, because I feel like that's kind of psychotic, but I feel like that might be the best route to go. But I like that information is terrifying, Like I wouldn't want to know that, but I feel like I already kind of do deep down.
Speaker 1: This is really funny to me because you're twenty one, right, Yes, when you were sixteen or fifteen or whatever, did you have secrets that you kept from your parents?
Speaker 5: Yes? And no, not like this though I was a pretty tame child.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you said yeah, you said yes. What kind of secrets did you keep from them?
Speaker 5: The biggest one is probably that I was smoking weed with my friends on the weekend. When I would say I would go hang out with my ex girlfriend, we would just go and smoke weed at the park.
Speaker 1: And do you think that your parents didn't want to talk to you about that?
Speaker 5: Probably not, because I feel like they did have like the sneaking suspicion because I would come home high sometimes.
Speaker 1: So you have the suspicion that your parents are swinging with your neighbors, you don't want to ask them about it. I still want to know why are you so interested in it?
Speaker 5: I think it's kind of fun to assume, like because it's not just me and my friends that think this, Like it's my neighbor's older son too, he's like in his thirties. Him and his wife think it. Like my family even makes comments about like, oh, you guys spend so much time with your neighbors, like kind of trying to say something but not outright saying it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I thought it something that is it something that upsets you?
Speaker 5: I think at first it did because like IW, but now it's kind of just like it upsets me more because they're they lie to me about what they're doing, or where they're going, or they'll make me lie to my neighbor's younger kids or like my sisters. So I feel like I'm in on something that I shouldn't be in on in a.
Speaker 1: Way, Well, if you feel like you're in on something that you shouldn't be in on, I get. I get. I'm getting just so much like contradiction from you, where you're like, oh, this is gross, I don't want to know about it. But I'm also conducting an investigation that includes, you know, multiple different files and case studies and whatnot. And then I'm upset that I'm involved in the situation, but I also want to get even more involved by continuing to investigate in it.
Speaker 5: Right, I feel like I've stopped now because it's just too much for me to like think about all the time, because that for a while it was kind of taking over my brain. But now it's just kind of like I've come to terms with it. Like if they're swinging, that's fine, just don't be so obvious about it.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 5: Cause they're really, like I said, they're really touchy with each other, Like my mom will mess with my neighbor's nipples all the time, which is really creepy and gross.
Speaker 1: What's your name? Mars? Mars? I want, I want, I really I like you. You're twenty one years old, right, You're not sixteen. You're not still living I mean, I don't know you're still living on I don't know what your living situation is. But you're not a kid anymore. You're twenty one. You don't have to be there. You don't have to be in the same room as your mom and your neighbor with her touch at as nipples. You don't have to be there.
Speaker 5: You can be doing I definitely don't. I to I do. I try not to hang out with them, so so to me.
Speaker 1: You know, for you to be conducting an investigation trying to tell your parents what you know they should or shouldn't do PDA wise, these are all just like faulty ways to approach this situation. I mean, you know, for God's sake, you don't have to be there. You could be doing literally anything else or going anywhere else. Why Why is this something that's that's taking up your time?
Speaker 5: I agree, I definitely agree. I can be doing whatever else.
Speaker 2: But it's.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately my parents are really good at peer pressuring me like they're the only people that can, I think, but they convince me, like, oh, come over and drink with us, like we're we're just sitting around drinking, and I'm like, Okay, I don't really want to, but I'll go for a little bit and then i'll leave or I'll just say no, and then they'll guilt trip me about it.
Speaker 3: So it's like.
Speaker 5: I do have control over the situation for sure, but then they guilt trip me and I'm like, oh my god, I have to go and watch you be creepy with the neighbors for like two hours. That's enough for me.
Speaker 1: You can't next time, your next time your mom asks you to come drink with you and the neighbors, you can. You can tell you you can be like mom, Look, I look mom, I'm an adult. You're an adult. I know you're fucking the neighbors. I don't care that you're fucking the neighbors. I want you. You're my mom. I love you. I want you to go have fun with your life because it's your life and you damn should. But I don't want to be anywhere involved in that. I'm going to go to my room. Do that just some just please, Mars, summon the confidence to do that. You can do that. Okay, it's not gonna end your world if you say that.
Speaker 5: No, I know, yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: I hate all these we all these workarounds of like the let's do an investigation, and it's just it's just so much avoidance for no reason that I really think you should, for lack of a better word, avoid the avoidance.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah. I feel like my boyfriend has said kind of the same thing. He's like, if you care so much, why don't you just ask them? And I'm like, yeah, it's real, that's that's I feel like, that's just not a conversation I'm mentally prepared for. And maybe maybe in a few years I could be like, hey, were you ever swinging with the neighbors, like as a joke kind of to see.
Speaker 1: What they say as why what why? Why? Is a joke? What? Mars, Mars. I'm sorry to say this, but grow up a little bit, man. You don't you don't have to have the conversation. You don't have to have the conversation, but you also don't have to keep like diving into it. If you don't, you're like you're torturing yourself with these contradictions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're right. I think anything to let it go.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 5: No, I'm super glad I called in. I feel like you've put some good perspective on this and I will take you up on your advice.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, thank you for calling Mars.
Speaker 4: Thank you man?
Speaker 1: Oh man? Am I jealous of the amazing sex that Mars's mom and dad are having with their neighbors. That's why I wouldn't want to go personally if they invited me, I wouldn't want to go because I would see Mars's mom rubbing her neighbor's nipples, and I would just get jealous of how much fun they both look like they're having. Hello, Jack, what's up?
Speaker 4: Oh hey man, I'm actually like, I'm actually in the middle of a game of fortnine right now. That's actually really funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you gonna keep.
Speaker 4: Is that? Okay?
Speaker 1: No, that's not okay at all. You should stop playing.
Speaker 4: Then I'm done. It's it's over. It's over.
Speaker 3: Literally, it's up.
Speaker 4: Against two people.
Speaker 1: Okay, right about?
Speaker 4: Oh, he's god he's gonna kill me, and I'm gonna hang.
Speaker 1: Up on you. I'm gonna hang up on you right now. Are you there? No?
Speaker 4: No, please come here. I'm here, all right.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I get it. I'm not a video game. Video games are engineered to be entertaining and engineered to say he can say this, you can tell me anything.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you this? For I have never been in the video games in my entire life until like the past, like probably the last year. It started with Animal Crossing, like a year ago, and then now I've kind of died off from that. And then about a week ago my fiance found Fortnite, and now it's all we can do.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel like it took this long for you to get in the video games?
Speaker 4: I had an older brother, Oh I do. I have an older brother. He is still a lot. He is about a year and a half older than me, and so when we were kids, we played the same video games and the same stuff, but he would always win just because he was slightly older and he was just more experienced than just so I just like got turned off from video games up until that point. And so, but I mean, I think it worked on my favor because I'm not very competitive in general. I don't have like a very like aggressive competitive spirit. So when I lose things, I'm like all right with it.
Speaker 1: No, you don't sound like an aggressive guy at all.
Speaker 4: No, I don't feel like I am. I try not to be, and I don't. I mean it comes easy.
Speaker 1: So, so, what's what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: If anything?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Uh, what's up?
Speaker 1: I said, if anything in particular?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, well, I was talking to your call screener. So I'm twenty two years old and I have never worn my socks the correct way in my entire life.
Speaker 5: Mmm.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that comes as a shock. M.
Speaker 1: You have never worn your socks in a correct way. Let me ask you a question, M. What is the correct way to wear your socks?
Speaker 4: Uh? I would okay, let me be more specific. I have never worn them right side out. I've always worn them inside out my entire lives.
Speaker 1: Mmm. Okay, what's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Gee Buns.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call you Adam.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that works, Adam.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna blow your mind.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 1: There is no correct way to wear your socks. However you wear them becomes the correct way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense, But what what if it stops me from wearing certain socks you know that you know, maybe printed in a in a fun way, in a crazy way.
Speaker 1: What if it stops you from wearing socks printed? What do you what do you mean by that? How can? How can? How can anything? A pair of socks?
Speaker 4: You know? What I do sound silly now that you put it out loud, I do. That's self realization right that I'm feeling it right now, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh. A real story is when I was I, you know, I remember growing up, I used to like my mom would like take my miss my socks, and she would always like I had white socks and blue socks and black socks and whatnot, and she would always fold the black socks together the white sox together, like she would do what you're supposed to do, right, Yeah. And then eventually, when I moved out on my own, I was doing my laundry and I had a white sock and a black sock and I was about to put them together, and I was like, white, No, these don't go together. And then I realized.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with them being together.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, And then I just fucking did it and I've been living my life like that ever since. You know why, because when you're an adult, you get checked.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful. You can whatever your about.
Speaker 1: It's a pick what. You don't give a fuck abound, Yes, And I don't give a fuck about if my socks match. And so that's how I live.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, because I mean the whole thing was it was like a funny thing when I was a kid. I mean, every time I bring it up, people be like, ah ha whatever. But then like recently, people would be like, why are your socks inside out? And I was like, oh no, it's just something I've always done since I.
Speaker 1: Was a kid.
Speaker 4: And They're like, if you've gotten checked. It's like that kind of vibe. And so I was just coming to you for either validation or you know, a reality check.
Speaker 1: Everything is whatever you decide it is. So if you wear your socks inside out, and you decide that that is the correct way to wear them, and you are correct.
Speaker 4: M You're totally right there. I don't have a I don't have an argument against that.
Speaker 1: Uh, Adam, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Ah? Nothing, just people love.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling out.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: It is important to ask why. I'm gonna start doing this every time I do anything in life. I'm gonna do this tomorrow. Maybe you'll join me. For every single thing I do, I'm gonna ask myself why I do the thing, and if I don't have a good answer, I'm gonna stop doing it. Why do I put on socks at all? Well, because it makes me more comfortable when I put on my feet when I fucking put on my shoes. Good answer. Why do I correct my socks from being inside out to how they quote normally are supposed to be, well because that's how society says they should be worn. Bad answer. I am society and I declare society's rules.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Kad goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 4: De Repcon goes doing his ride. He's teaching you cloud in the mid of your life, but he's not really an expert.