Speaker 1: Welcome in while Driving the Right episode four oh eight, our Christmas week gambling show. In this episode of What's Right, wh Nick Grit is presented to you by boost Mobile. A reminder to everyone, enjoy your holiday season and give us a gift by subscribing to the show on YouTube, iTunes, Spotify. If you want to give us a review or a like, that would be great, but the subscriptions are what help us out the absolute most. Any of the above are nice, but again, the subscription to the best. And a reminder, all our lines are from hard rock. Bet Demanse, you had a great teaser last week. I had a three and two week, but it was an extra gratifying three and two because we had three hunderdogs and all three underdogs one outright as we sat on the show, we thought they would. So let's go through those picks last week. And again I'm putting on a brave face because yes, as I talked about yesterday's show, I did tie my three underdog picks as money line picks and then added one of my losing favorite picks as a money line pick, Tampa Bay for what would have been a beautiful more than twenty to one Parlay and Baker ruined me. But the five picks last week were Titans plus three and a half at Kansas against Kansas City and Tennessee. I told you guys, the Chiefs were gonna struggle to score ten points. They scored nine and looked terrible. Tampa minus three at Carolina, one of the worst losses of the year. The end of the first half, it looked like they were gonna hold Carolina to a field goal. They gave up a touchdown, and then the end of the game Baker threw the game away. Dallas minus two against the Chargers. Bad pick was on the wrong side. Bad job by me. Jacksonville plus three at Denver, all over that one. New England plus three at Baltimore. That one. I guess you could say I got a little lucky because they were down eleven. But it's the Ravens. They love blowing big leads. That puts us on the season forty thirty eight and two. We are back above five hundred solidly again two games. And by the way, when we post my picks this week, graphically try to include in there my season long record, because while forty thirty eight and two might not sound good, compared to some of the other podcasts out there that are publishing their five weekly picks and their records on the year, folks would move mountains to be two games above five hundred, So we're feeling great about that. Demonse hit another winning teaser. We'll talk about that shortly, but before we get to this week's games, Demonsey, let me talk to you guys about our friends at hard Rock Bet, to where I bet on sports during the holiday season. Hard Rock Bet not just because it's the presenting sponsor of the show, but because they make it so easy to bet both pregame and live and just a few simple taps. You open the app, find a bet you like, bam bets placed just in time for you to get back to wrapping present or enjoying your faceavorite Christmas movie. Sign up today and bet five dollars on any game if it wins. You also score one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets a winning bet plus an extra one hundred fifty dollars to bet with that is spreading holiday year plus. Hard Rock Bet fills your stockings with new promos daily, so whenever you're listening, just open the app and check out what you've got any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today, payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight. Admit it. In Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem, Call one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, no, Mon's a full disclosure for the audience. We are recording this on a Tuesday, so we have no injury reports there. We are firing basically almost a full week out into some of these games, So it's a little cliche. It's not always true, but a rule of NFL gambling historically has been bet favorites early and dogs late. What that means is, if you think you like a favorite, it usually makes sense to try to bet them early in the week, and if you like an underdog, it makes more sense to bet them close to closer to kickoff because lines typically move towards the favorite, So if they if you like a team that's laying six and a half, you bet at early because it's more likely to go to seven than go to six. And if you like a team that's getting three and a half, you wait because it's more likely to go to four than to three. And so we stayed true to that this week with going favorite heavy. In our actual picks, we will go over the stayaways, and some of these are gonna be quick because some of these are as simple as we don't know the injury situation of the quarterbacks. But let's go to our first stay away, Demons. One of the Christmas games.
Speaker 2: Christmas Game got Detroit at Minnesota and Minnesota six point dogs, So.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's gonna be Brosmer or JJ. I also don't know totally how much that matters, but my lean was Detroit. But I wonder if Detroit feels emotionally sapped from losing back to back games for the first time time in more than two years, not being eliminated from the playoffs, but damn near being eliminated from the playoffs. And so it's laying six points against a really well coached team on the road. I'm not doing it. I'm not betting Minnesota because I don't who the quarterback is staying away next. One of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen posted to sportsbooks everywhere.
Speaker 2: There another Christmas game, Uh, Denver at Kansas City. Kansas City's thirteen point dogs. What's dissing?
Speaker 1: I think this is the biggest home dog of my life. I think I'm not exaggerating. I think in the NFL, the Chiefs on Christmas might be the biggest home dog since nineteen eighty four. Like we could the old maybe the seven Patriots played some road games where they were favored by more than this. I don't know if the producers can look and see if that. If I'm right, maybe I'm dead wrong. I can't remember a team getting two touchdowns at home. I've gotta think it's the biggest home divisional dog.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, me twice. Never mind twenty against the Jags in twenty thirteen. Denver played the Jags in twenty thirteen. Looks like Denver might have been twenty six point favorites. But that's that might be Rock or somebody lying to me.
Speaker 1: No, that can't be the first until Yeah, they don't ask AI this stuff twenties. And let me add something, I'm not including Week eighteen games like I mean the games where the but that the.
Speaker 2: Ravens were sixteen and a half point favorites over Giants in New York.
Speaker 1: Okay, So maybe it's just the biggest home divisional dog was recently too. So again maybe I'm maybe I'm whatever it is, this is disgusting. With that said, and Chris Oludukan is gonna be playing for the Chiefs. I I still though, can't bet. I obviously can't bet the Chiefs, but I can't bet Denver coming off a loss on a short week on Christmas when they have a huge game next week laying thirteen points. I'm just not doing it. So I'm staying away.
Speaker 2: Next Houston, at the Chargers charges to and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: I looked long and hard at the Chargers. Here the Chargers coming off one of their best games of the year, but Houston's d line versus that offensive line was enough to scare me away. I can't bet on Houston right now against a good team because the all took a huge step back last week against the Raiders, so I didn't want to grab Houston. The Chargers still alive. The Chargers, how about this control their own destiny to win the division. If the Chargers beat the Texans and beat Denver in week thirteen Week eighteen, they win the division, which sneaky, would be huge for me because I bet a lot, well, not a lot of people, one guy in particular, my buddy. I don't think he'll mind me saying this. David Baker, who's a great professional poker player, also a great sports better and a huge Broncos fan. I bet him before the year Broncos not to win the division. I laid him. I think plus three point fifty. So the Chargers sniping it would be great for me. But it's just stay away. Don't trust the charge offensive line against that pass rush, don't trust the Texans offense against really anyone. Staying away.
Speaker 2: Next Baltimore at Green Bay, Green Bays two and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: So I don't know who's playing quarterback for either team. Is this gonna be Tyler Huntley against Malik Willis, Is gonna be Lamar Jackson against Jordan Love? Is it gonna be a mixture? I don't know. Today is too early in the week. I gotta stay away.
Speaker 2: Next Arizona at Cincinnati Cincinnati seven point favorites.
Speaker 1: Thought about Cincinnati. Arizona seems to be packing it in Cincinnati was one I stared at. Ultimately stayed away because I don't think Cincinnati has earned the respect needed to be a full touchdown favorite against a team in Arizona. They're gonna throw a ball, Jacoby's gonna chuck the ball and they can score. So I'm staying away.
Speaker 2: Next New Orleans at Tennessee Tennessee's two and a half point.
Speaker 1: I liked New Orleans Tyler Shuck's playing well, but did Tenant listen? Did Tennessee? Are they going to end the year on a, you know, a little high note after beating the Chiefs? Or was that just the dead Chiefs bump? I don't know. Standaway.
Speaker 2: Next, uh Seattle at Carolina Carolina seven and a half point dogs.
Speaker 1: If Seattle wasn't on the extended rest. I think I would have jumped on Carolina Carolina getting the full seven at home, but Seattle's on the extended rest, and there is this aspect of it. This game doesn't actually matter for Carolina. It matters in this regard if Tampa were to lose to Miami, Carolina can win the division by winning this game. But if Carolina Carolina, assuming Tampa's gonna beat Miami, this game's totally meaningless to the Panthers. It's all about next week either way, they play Tampa again. So the fact that I think Carolina maybe is more focused on next week's game and Seattle's on the extra rest is gonna make me not take Carolina plus a full touchdown at home when they've been a really good home team all year.
Speaker 2: Next. Next, you got Tampa Bay at Miami. Miami's five and a half point dogs.
Speaker 1: I'm just too mad at Tampa to lay five and a half points on the road. They should win. The Miami's got Quinn Yours a quarterback. It's not whatever. I still can't believe the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Next, it's a New England at the Jets. Jets one and a half point favorites or waiting. No, no Jets are thirteen point dogs. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Like the everything says bet New England, but I'm such an idiot. By the way, I did a whole thing about how the Chiefs were the biggest home dog in my lifetime. They're just time for the biggest home dog this week. With what am I talking about? I'm just the Chiefs got me all forrassleed. This is also a divisional game. I'm just an idiot. The My god, that's embarrassing. I can't take the Jets under any circumstances, but I also can't take a road team in a divisional matchup laying thirteen points, So I'm staying away.
Speaker 2: Next next, he got the Jet the Giants at the Raiders. Raiders are one and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if either team wants to win this game because the loser is in pole position for the number one pick and both teams are just awful, So I'm just staying away.
Speaker 2: Next Monday Night football, we got the Rams at Atlanta. Atlanta's eight point dogs.
Speaker 1: That line's exactly right. I'm sure to win by about a touchdown, so I'm staying away all right. Five picks do him quick, all lines from hard Rock Bet. The first pick to Mon's is my favorite pick of the weekend.
Speaker 2: You've got Dallas minus six and a half at Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listen. I think Josh Johnson's playing quarterback for Washington, Like, I don't know this, but I think it. And if that's the case, they just can't move the ball Dallas. I understand that. Dallas. You might feel like, oh, they're gonna be demoralized because they're eliminated from the playoffs. I don't know that. I think they've kind of felt they were eliminated from the playoffs for a while. They're gonna move the ball. Dallas is gonna blow out the Commanders. I love the Cowboys minus six and a half and Dak owned the Commanders in his career twelve and two straight up, and they've covered five in a row.
Speaker 2: Next, you got Jacksonville minus six and a half at Indy, So.
Speaker 1: Listen, Philip Rivers. Credit to him for playing obviously way way way better than I expected. But their season ended Monday night and he came back to try to make a playoff push. The Jags are playing for a lot as far as locking up the division, staying alive for the one seed. Jags have been crushing against the AFC South five and oh against the spread in their last five against the AFC South, the culture falling apart again. The Jags game and the Cowboys game are games I'm picking here. I don't know if I'll be able to pick Friday on TV because I don't know if the Lions will have moved up to, you know, above the seven. But I'll take the six and a half. Next.
Speaker 2: Next, you got Pittsburgh minus four at Cleveland. This was originally at four and a half. It's just dropped to four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listen. I know laying more than a field goal with Tomlin and divisional games is it hasn't been the best, But I just think Shador has been really bad and the last two weeks. It's fine for a fifth round rookie, but for a Pittsburgh team that knows we take care of business here, we get give ourselves a bye week eighteen doesn't matter, and win the division. All lay the four points with Pittsburgh. I got no problem with that.
Speaker 2: Next, Buffalo minus two and a half versus Philly.
Speaker 1: I think Buffalo is a lot better than Philly. They're at home. I'm only I'm laying less than a field goal. And listen, Philly getting Jalen Carter and Lane Johnson back this week. I think it's something Philly. Also, though they locked up the division, they're not going to be the one seed. So it's not that I think they're not gonna care, but they just they have no chance of being the one seed. They have no chance of not winning the division. So they have a slight chance at the three, at the two seed, but they can't be the four. Philly right now cannot be either one, four, five, six, or seven. They're either no matter what happens to the rest of the way, they're the two or the three seed, and they are probably the three seed. So I just think Buffalo's better, Buffalo needs the game. Buffalo's at home. I'll take Buffalo and then our one underdog, We're taking.
Speaker 2: Chicago plus three at San Francisco. This got bumped up from two and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think the Bears run game and the Bears offense against that Niners defense, I think they can win. And I'm getting three full points. So the Bears, by the way played on Saturday. The Niners played Monday, so it's not like a mini buy, but it's a difference in that I think the Bears can win that game outright. So my five picks are Dallas minus six and a half, Jacksonville minus six and a half, Pittsburgh minus four, Buffalo minus two and a half, Chicago plus three. Again, if you're gonna bet favorites, betam early. We're doing this on Tuesday. We are betting them early. Before we get to Demandy's red hot teaser, you think about upgrading me the all new iPhone seventeen Pro design to the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about all the traffic on your way to the store, of the hassle of transferring all your data. Good news, when you're order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your homer work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices. Purchase at boostmobile dot com. Terms do apply demands. With another winning teaser last week, and because he hit that four lager a few weeks back for our four hundredth show, he has locked up a profitable year on the teaser no matter what happens here, or at least a profitable regular season. Take us through last weeks where I gave you an a and then you cruised in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, last week's was a three team eight point teaser. It was Tennessee up to eleven and a half that cover that they won the game, and then Buffalo minus two, which came pretty close, and then Pittsburgh up to plus fifteen and they won the game.
Speaker 1: So I forgot how close the Buffalo one did because Tennessee and Pittsburgh were so easy. But you're right, the Buffalo one was close. So what do we got this week?
Speaker 2: Pal, This week it is a three team a point teaser at plus one hundred Philly, I'm gonna tease up to ten and a half, Jacksonville teasing them up to plus one and a half in the Chicago up to plus eleven. Yeah, those are those are the spots. Hopefully the Bills don't beat the crap out of the Eagles, but uh, but yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about that.
Speaker 1: As much as I don't love you teasing through the zero with Jacksonville. I love this teaser. Yeah, I'm gonna give you an a.
Speaker 2: They gotta go out and beat the Colts.
Speaker 1: They have to be the Colts. They need the game. Philly getting double digit points, Smarticgo getting double digit points? Smart? I love it all. Right, what do we got We're not doing touchdown Geenie this week? You're no, we're not. But wait, I do have a Christmas Day thing for you guys, So go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're getting festive, Merry Christmas to everyone. And since it's around that time of the season, Saint Nick, we were curious if you had any Christmas Day parlays. We got three games on Christmas, did you have anything you wanted to put together for a Christmas Day party.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna venture into your world, Demons. Really, I'm gonna do a six point teaser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of crazy, man, though that was my landscape.
Speaker 1: It is it is your. But I so this is what I'm venturing in just for Christmas Day. Those three Christmas games. Yep, we're gonna tease Dallas. We're gonna tease all the favorites. It's a very square teaser, buddy, don't Okay, you're sharper than on this. We'regnn tee's Dallas to minus a half point, Detroit to a pick them, and Denver down to minus seven. It's a six point Christmas Day teaser at plus one forty. That's what we're doing. Good the and then so we have a we're not doing touchdown, Genie. Last week I declined the offer and it hit it, Cass, I didn't believe in Trevor. Trevor two touchdown passes and over two hundred and twenty four passing yards. It hit. So what do we have this week?
Speaker 2: So we're following the incentives this week, Donald gets a half a million for four thousand yards and a half a million for twenty eight touchdowns. He's at thirty seven hundred yards in twenty four touchdowns. The offer is two hundred plus yards for Donald and two plus touchdowns for plus one forty. Do you want.
Speaker 1: That against Carolina? Yeah, I'm gonna take it, and Hard Rock BET's gonna post it as a Nick Right exclusive. So Sam Darnold two hundred plus passing yards and two touchdowns the little Jackson, and you know what, I take it back for touchdown, Jennie, throw JSN on there at even money or minus one oh five. We'll do that as well. We're gonna hit these. I feel good about it, so I will take the offer this week because I didn't follow you guys last week. I feel like a dope because of it. So that is to our Christmas Week gambling show. We will be back on Tuesday. Hope everyone has a wonderful holidays with their family. Hopefully you get to spend time or at least talk to your loved ones. Merry Christmas everyone, Thank you the volume, Thank you to Blue Duck, Huge, thank you to our wonderful sponsors hard Rock, bet Boost and Zen. Talk to you guys on TV throughout the week and next on the pod on Tuesday, What's Right