Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys Screaming live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Sauchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Wednesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. We are live from the SWBC studios at the Star in Frisco alongside Isaiah stand Back, John Machoda, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 4: I'm Kyle Yeomans. Gentlemen, how we doing well?
Speaker 2: Doing all right? Well? Man, you're you're coming in hot this morning, coming in hot, baby, listen.
Speaker 4: I got to kind of fan question competitions on the mind.
Speaker 5: Last year, my offer did.
Speaker 2: Not get accepted. Nope. I threw an offer upstairs.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna say any names.
Speaker 5: Kyle cau you can say him.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna say the name Danny mc d I repeat it.
Speaker 7: I put an offer out there. I said, Danny mccraid, you want to see me? He for some reason, he thinks he was faster than me. He still does, by the way, and never in his life has his stat line or analytics ever stated that he's faster than me.
Speaker 2: Not ever. Was he a returning guy?
Speaker 8: Nope?
Speaker 6: Okay, just okay.
Speaker 2: Was he on offense? No? No, didn't trust him with the ball? Oh damn?
Speaker 5: All right, So just say so.
Speaker 7: I don't know why he's out here catching straight craid you come see me draft fed Drid. He thought he was faster than me. So I offered up the challenge, right, was it ever? Was it ever received?
Speaker 5: Kyle?
Speaker 2: It was received? Did they act on it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: And I have Beamer in the back to be my witness.
Speaker 6: Okay, offered it up, didn't get accepted.
Speaker 2: Now I'm offering up another one.
Speaker 7: I want a Battle of the Cowboys podcast seven on seven tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not just a straight battle. We're not We're not going Anchorman on this. Now. We're going out and hitting the grid. We're going seven on seven.
Speaker 7: And I don't think that there's any podcasts out there, including a player's lounge, that wants to see us Nick.
Speaker 2: At all at all?
Speaker 8: Who's covering me?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I thought I have no idea who's covering John Listen here.
Speaker 7: John is gonna be out here like Gronkowski, Jason Whitten.
Speaker 9: Huh, I look forward to that.
Speaker 2: That's a challenge, he said, to think about.
Speaker 9: Damy mcraid.
Speaker 10: All I was thinking of is how nervous I would be just on a just a straight up sprint running against somebody. And really it's all because of that Kevin Hart video from like a month ago where he was like racing on that cart.
Speaker 5: And blew his hip out.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the challenge, the chill just been handed down.
Speaker 7: Beamer, if you had to take a century since you worked with every single podcast spot, I'm putting them on the spot, Breamer, which podcast would you put your would you put your money on?
Speaker 2: Speak?
Speaker 8: Speak wisely?
Speaker 4: Mix shots?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I have to shut stuff in here.
Speaker 7: Reverb.
Speaker 2: I don't know players. Longe is gonna be tough because you got you got Church and you got McCrae.
Speaker 4: Okay, who's throwing two punch?
Speaker 6: Who's throwing the ball over there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But they have to cover skills.
Speaker 8: Who's covering me? Barry Church can't cover me?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Barry just hites people he don't cover.
Speaker 4: Probably lock you down.
Speaker 6: Pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Probably, Yeah, probably it'd.
Speaker 4: Be like three it's a three to nothing game.
Speaker 8: I'd be in prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be three nothing and the only the only points will be John Machoda kicking a field goal.
Speaker 5: So you go, So, lets let's put it out here like this.
Speaker 7: Okay, because it's four people, right, four people on the podcast, you can go pick up an additional three guys from your network.
Speaker 2: So oh so there's like some cross pollination possibilities. We would give them the ability to go find a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Okay, well i'll tell you right now, got on the play. Yeah, there's a lot of people that are just feared of torn A.
Speaker 11: C l's well, you know, Nick like pulled his like quad and it's still black and blue like two years ago.
Speaker 2: You get this.
Speaker 7: We have resources now, don't you worry. Even if I didn't want to play quarterback, I have another quarterback I can bring in as a ringer.
Speaker 5: Now we were good.
Speaker 2: Who you're bringing in, I'm not telling them, so they can reach out to him from from Oregon.
Speaker 7: It has to be local guys. It has to be local guys. You know, I know Church and McCray. They'll probably try to see if wood he wants to come out of retirement, you know that we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: We're not doing that.
Speaker 6: He's upstairs.
Speaker 2: I know that's a local guy. That's what I'm saying. They would try to go get Woody.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, and what he's gonna be like, Nah, I ain't gonna do it, and everything walls you.
Speaker 5: Can get it to. I f couldn't bring you out of retirement.
Speaker 7: I say it out had too much fun. Hey, but beaber so Biaber sounds like beamers going with players.
Speaker 5: Like Nate Newton has a lot of guys you can get. Oh yeah, but I mean, but they have to play today.
Speaker 4: It's got the rolling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Troy sitting back there throwing dives.
Speaker 6: Troy, Troy could ride a bicycle right now. He can't. That's what he does now right, he's a biker.
Speaker 2: Now he's just throwing out.
Speaker 8: I would be to have a lot of enemies.
Speaker 9: You think he's still do yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think send us a text mess and then called Michael.
Speaker 7: Mike's not running nowhere comed today today Today, we're talking about today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's still running by this side of the table, I'm calling.
Speaker 2: To you, okay, huh Okay, huh is he showing up?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's still balling.
Speaker 2: I'm calling new Okay, he's not. He might be local.
Speaker 8: We're just sitting there real quick.
Speaker 2: Was not local anymore?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: He still has a house here.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No secret.
Speaker 2: Send us a text message.
Speaker 5: It was in my wedding. I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Who would win in a seven on seven style football showdown amongst the Cowboys podcast A one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. There's your text line that just happened. And if you had to add one person to each of the podcasts, one person, who would it be?
Speaker 10: Ye?
Speaker 2: Who would you pick?
Speaker 4: There you go, there's the hypothetical.
Speaker 2: Come all right, enough talk about that news and notes, snick, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so Jerry Jones was on the fan this morning. I got a couple of things to run through via John mashowda's phenomenal tweeting this morning. We could start with Ezekiel Elliott obviously making his return to at a T Stadium on Sunday, and he was asked if there's any you know, surprise or anything they're going to do for him pregame and Jerry Jones said, I don't want to blow a surprise. So yeah, it looks like we're gonna have something pregame for Zeke.
Speaker 2: Hmm, okay, something for Zeke. What would you anticipate?
Speaker 4: Just a quick little ceremony or something big time? Maybe a video.
Speaker 2: I've seen they've done the videos for Ring of Honor. They'll oh, that's what you're going to pull up. Let's you could be a twenty one all of a sudden, Stephan Gilmour has to switch numbers, like yeah, just.
Speaker 9: Be a video.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a video tribute.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 10: That's what they did for Witting. Yeah, they did for Romo his first game, calm after coming back.
Speaker 6: So I think they'll give him a video in a salvation army bucket.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there gonna be a metal involved. Is there gonna be a kettle involved?
Speaker 6: I think there's got to be right, it has to be.
Speaker 2: That would be cool. We are going to preview the Cowboys defense versus Zeke in that Pats offense too, so very cool.
Speaker 8: Speaking of Jerry Jones was asked if Ezekiel Elliott not being on a team is contributing to some of the Cowboys red zone issues early in the season. Here's the quote from Jerry Zeke's unique physicalness is a physicalness award. Physicalness is always nice to have, It is very good to have. We think of physical on short yardage, and we probably should. But I do not think that physicalness for the running back is contributing to us not getting in the end zone. It is not. I agree with this. I'm going to start here. I agree with this because I think the issues in the past game are predicated around or excuse me, the issues in the red zone game are predicated around the past game. They're just not getting guys involved. I think I did. I cracked the numbers on it earlier this week, but dak is thirteen for thirty or something in that range in the red zone, not getting guys involved. Brandon Cooks is yet to have a red zone reception. Ceedee Lamb as yet to really get going in the red zone as well. No receiver touchdowns across the board, but that's definitely important when you get down in the red zone. So it's mainly been running the ball that has found the most success. I don't think Zeke not being here has been the biggest catalyst in that.
Speaker 10: I think if they were constantly getting inside the five and that scoring you could definitely point to that. Well, it might be a slight contributor. I don't think it's a big issue with their problem. The starting receivers not having a touchdown catch to the first three games is way bigger issue than anything going out with the run game, aim and short yardage and Zeke's physicalness.
Speaker 2: And you said yesterday you thought it was less of a personnel issue and more of a creativity and a scheme standpoint.
Speaker 6: I think they're connected. I don't think you can separate them.
Speaker 7: Like I said, I think what your quarterback does best, he needs to run for it. So when you're able to run the ball, that opens up things. You know in the passing game. Now they can they line up and throw the ball. Absolutely they can't. But is that how they want to do things?
Speaker 6: Not at all? Yeah, what's next?
Speaker 8: Last note I have from Jerry's hit on the fan this morning. He was talking about just red zone in general. He said the woes are quote something to note, but he doesn't see them as quote a long range concern. He said, we got the guys to get it done. Absolutely, So it kind of goes hand in hand with what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of goes back and forth and you're you're able to look at I.
Speaker 4: Mean, what were the numbers again, I know you had charted him you were talking about.
Speaker 8: Let me let me pull it up real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the numbers in the red zone. The fact that he said they weren't concerning is kind of concerned me because I think it's a concern. I brought that up last week whenever, uh, they were going up against the Jets and they had to kick five field goals and there were just multiple opportunities where they were on the doorstep but just couldn't. Actually, I think concerned.
Speaker 6: I think the term concern really is it's not a problem, it's it's Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think that's probably the words that's probably more appropriate for this particular topic. But I think concerned. It would take a coach not having an answer to say concerned. I don't believe that they feel like they don't have the answer. I just think that they have not executed. So to not execute on something that is on paper and on film absolutely the right thing to do. Then that just comes down to just more reps, which is why you hear you hear co coach McCarthy say that he was going to put more emphasis on it this week because they just need to practice it more and be more efficient in it. It's not that what they're scheming up isn't working. What they what they schemed up and where that three interception that was a great play call, just execution was trash.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wouldn't say after three games into a seventeen game season concern. And I think the reason why he might have sat or said that he's not concerned is also because of how many red zone trips they've had. Kind of feeling like, hey, if we keep getting to the plate and taking that bats, this thing will eventually open up for us.
Speaker 9: I think that's where he's got And then also.
Speaker 10: Because of the players that they have, but you know, Cooks and then Gallup having the game that he just did, even though it wasn't a loss, that was one of the bright spots from that game that showed you that that's probably one of the better games he's had since he's coming back.
Speaker 9: From the knee injury. Yeah, And for me.
Speaker 10: I just think Ceedee Lamb is top ten wide receiver in the league. He's gotten better every single year. I find it hard to believe that people are going to just routinely keep him from scoring in the red zone.
Speaker 9: I just don't think that's going to happen.
Speaker 8: Here's the red zone numbers overall in all three games, Dak Prescott is thirteen of twenty eight under fifty percent for seventy four yards, three touchdowns in one interception on the ground thirty seven carries one hundred and five yards and three touchdowns. Dallas is forty percent touchdown percentage, and the red zone is tied for twenty seventh in the league.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing. We're going to use a baseball analogy of getting to the plate and taking it bats. I don't want to be hitting four hundred in this category specifically. I know if baseball four hundred is a massive number. But you talk about in this standpoint, this was a team that was one of the best in the entire NFL last year in red zone efficiency. You got to keep that rolling. You got to get back to that and be able to finish off drives. Because this offense, it's kind of it goes back to what we talked about on Monday. I believe, Isaiah, this offense is not built. It's not predicated off of playing from behind. This is an offense that likes to play from ahead, win time of possession, take the air out of the football, move the change. I mean, there's multiple things that it does. One of the things that it does not do well is charged down the field very quickly and.
Speaker 4: Hit that big time play.
Speaker 2: They can do that, don't get us wrong, but that's not what it's built to do.
Speaker 6: No, it's not.
Speaker 7: And I know a lot of people might not be able to connect the dots on that. So when we talk about this team is not built for, you know, big plays, think about Miami. Miami's built for splash plays. Like that's what they're built for. They're built for guys catching the ball across the middle, wide open and just taking off in gasing on everybody.
Speaker 8: Speed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, speed, fastest guys in the league. Literally the fastest office in the league. So that's a big play team, right. That's not to say that they can't do small ball. It's just says that's there that place of their favor, right to their to their advantage. Dallas is on the other side of that. Dallas has the ability to still make those splash plays. But that's not what they rely on. Right, you go back to kelling Moore. I feel like killing Moore relied on those big plays, which is why he took more risk. Coach McCarthy's a lot more what's the word I'm looking for, just blacked out conservative?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 6: Conservative.
Speaker 7: Okay, So coach McCarthy is a lot more conservative, right, He's he wants to just ease his way down there, and then he'll splash in some shots just to keep you on right or just to give his guys on opportunity.
Speaker 6: But he wants to be more methodical.
Speaker 7: You know, it plays to their advantage and plays an entire structure of this team, not just offense.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the red zone issue would be has become a little bit of a more focus for me because I didn't think the defense was capable of playing as poorly as they did. So when they were having the red zone issues, there was a part of me was like, I mean, probably only need to score twenty twenty five a game to win most of these games. But then when you let the Cardinals do that, that changes a little bit of my thinking. And there's going to be some other games where they're going to have to score thirty to win, and coming into the season, even after these first two games, I didn't think that was going to be the case. I didn't think that you need thirty to win really any of these games. But now that's definitely changed for me.
Speaker 8: Points goes hand in hand with my very final note here on news and notes. Does anyone want to guess when the Cowboys do not score twenty or more points in their last twenty one contests? Do you know the record? So, anything less than twenty one points, anything less than twenty twenty points in their last twenty one contests five and sixteen.
Speaker 2: I'll say. I'll say it's a little bit better than that. I'll say like seven and thirteen. That's twenty Oh, that's twenty one, twenty one contest seven and fourteen, matth It's hard. I couldn't remember twenty and twenty one.
Speaker 5: I kept putting it.
Speaker 9: I honestly have no ideas. I'll just split it in the middle and say six wins.
Speaker 8: Oh in twenty one? Oh wow, they have twenty one straight games when not scoring twenty or more.
Speaker 2: I hate so wow.
Speaker 8: I found that quite interesting.
Speaker 6: That is interesting.
Speaker 8: Found that stout yesterday.
Speaker 2: So for a team that's been predicated off of defense over the last two years, three years.
Speaker 4: Really wow, that's shocking.
Speaker 2: To me, honestly to see that it is a team that is, oh, in twenty one, it is a team that is spent for the last decade plus much more money on their offense.
Speaker 10: That's true on their defense. It's very clear when you go to one of those sites that where the money is being spent, and now it's you know, Biggs got his deal, Michael get his it is you know, it'll shift a little bit there, but it's pretty obvious where the focus is.
Speaker 2: But twenty one games, I mean that's a season and change. I mean that's one season and change. And throughout the last two seasons, what if we looked at as the identity of the of the Dallas Cowboys' Yeah, the defense. Yeah, that's certainly what's set the tone. Yeah, I know where the money spent completely. Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 9: The head coaches that have been hired the last two.
Speaker 8: Offensive so yeah, the last time they scored less than twenty one a game November twenty ninth, twenty eighteen, Thursday Night football game against the Saints, thirteen to ten. If you all remember that one.
Speaker 6: I do remember that.
Speaker 8: It was a very weird game, was for sure. But yeah, twenty one contest since then that they have scored twenty or less points? Took the ill?
Speaker 2: Is that the game where Jalen Smith stopped Alvin Kamara at the goal line?
Speaker 4: A couple of times?
Speaker 2: You remember that? Was that at at and.
Speaker 10: T Jalen Smith stopping I want to say Jehan Watson at the goal line?
Speaker 9: I remember that a little bit again, we'll have to.
Speaker 2: It was the Houston game he stopped him. Maybe that's what it was who stopped Alvin Kamara at the goal line? And was it not Jalen Smith might have been?
Speaker 4: Was it Layton?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Yeah, I remember, I'll there's yeah, there's there's definitely a play in there somewhere. All right, let's take our first break when we come back. We're going to take a look around the National Football League with our guy John Machota. We have some national storylines to hit, and we'll get our reaction to that with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah.
Speaker 5: Todd believed the big Cat.
Speaker 12: Repellent he bought online was reliable and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure. It's not complicated.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your areas. He att got complash BYG for you for details.
Speaker 11: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team.
Speaker 2: Go online at.
Speaker 11: Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up.
Speaker 2: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 14: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys, and now he's on his phone on his.
Speaker 2: Bank of America Mobile Banking App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 14: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive, Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop Banking Everykay.
Speaker 2: It's only available in the English language. You mut download the latest version of the Mobile bank app, only available on so like mobile devicesage Remember f.
Speaker 15: The icy Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answered life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you.
Speaker 2: Dear doctor? My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 16: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the soldier to cry out?
Speaker 15: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any doctor Pepper flavor will do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 15: Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 4: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, a super trusted superfood. Quaker Roats, the official.
Speaker 4: Oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Did you good? Good for you?
Speaker 4: Get that work in the day?
Speaker 6: Please working last night?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: By the way, we did have In response from our fellow Dallas Cowboys dot com podcast, we got here.
Speaker 8: Oh No, Patrick, No C.
Speaker 2: Walker. Remember if Dallas Talking Cowboys avid listener listens all the time, he uh, for the record, I'm wrecking all of you in that podcast.
Speaker 8: You know, let me start this off joking about Barry Church and Day McCrae. Patrick Walker can definitely not cover me. Let the record see. I told him at the beginning of training camp out was like see me on the court, you know, let's go hoop.
Speaker 7: Sometimes he chose a void insteady, let's go we want the smoke over.
Speaker 9: Here Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 8: I said, one shot me, No s, you don't want to see this.
Speaker 2: Bars No, C does not want to see it.
Speaker 7: You know how I know No C doesn't want to see us because when we went out on the field and broke down some some coverages. We did a walk through for a pregame live last year. No, c looked uncomfortable and then what he looked on comfort?
Speaker 2: He was He was not uncomfortable. He looked on I can't say what he was.
Speaker 6: I can say what he looked like.
Speaker 2: I'm comfortable. You don't want this?
Speaker 7: No sea, all right, No see on your podcast.
Speaker 2: What I said that to? That was my response and said, who's getting the ball out there to Derek. Don't have no hate, he said, QB option all day, QB. I can't do it all goy, there we go.
Speaker 6: They have a zero channel.
Speaker 2: If you missed the show at the start of the show, then just go back and listen to it on iTunes and well that'll catch you up.
Speaker 6: They might be on the same level as Mike shots Tony terms out.
Speaker 8: In terms of hey, hey, do not doubt Mickey's athletic ability.
Speaker 2: That man's got a cannon.
Speaker 8: That man biked like ten miles every day. He's way more out of.
Speaker 7: Dearry Eagleton runs seventy two hundred miles per week, but that doesn't help him in football.
Speaker 2: What a number? All right, John, this is a new segment we're gonna do every Wednesday. Let's go national storylines with John Matchoda and this could be anything from the Dallas Cowboys or it could be anything outside of the Cowboys in the NFL and the NFC East. Just kind of wherever you want to take it, where do you want it to start us off?
Speaker 10: I'm starting off with the NFL in general, and just coming off of this weekend with that Dolphins win. There's three teams right now that are undefeated left in the NFL, and it's the Dolphins, Eagles, and Niners. Of those three teams, how would you rank them in terms of having the best chance of winning the Super Bowl? Because the Dolphins look great, but to me, they would clearly be third out of out of that group because of what they would have to go through.
Speaker 9: I think it Eagles, and I think I think the Eagles.
Speaker 10: I think Eagles and Niners right now are the front runners to play each other in the NFC Championship Game. So that's a good chance that one of those get there.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't.
Speaker 10: I don't like the Dolphins having to go through Buffalo and Kansas City or Cincinnati and Kansas City to get to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 9: I will I will.
Speaker 6: Take Cincinnati today.
Speaker 10: Like Cincinnati, like one, let me give you, let me give you, let me give you a good at Cincinnati Bengals. Do you think Cincinnati Bengals last year in the playoffs with the same Cincinnati Bengals that the Cowboys beat early in the season. Like I'm just I mean, I'm asking, are we making our yeah projection?
Speaker 2: Yeah when they're at full oh yeah.
Speaker 9: Full full speed. I'm saying at the end of the year.
Speaker 10: Like, if I'm picking right now, I like, I like the NFC teams, those two they have a better shot than I think of the Dolphins at the end of the year getting through Bengals slash Bills slash Kansas City. That's just a tough road and I don't like their chances there.
Speaker 6: Okay, so it was not the better team.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, who's again the best chance to win the Super Bowl? Out of those three teams that are three and oh right now, I'm going with Miami.
Speaker 9: Okay, why is that?
Speaker 7: Because I think that their offense is absolutely explosive. It's just it's hard to stop. I McDaniel's is just way too creative. And then defensively, by the end of the year, they will have some about the name of Jayalen Ramsey added to that defense, and their defense is going to be nasty as well. So I like them because they can score fast and they can defend Philly and forty nine ers have more in the trenches. I don't think Canna City has figured themselves out yet. I don't think that Cincinnati will will even figure themselves out by that point. I don't think Burrows will be healthy at any point in time this year. I think that calf is going to be a lingering lation for him.
Speaker 2: I I'm under the impression that Miami is.
Speaker 6: I gotta be careful how to say this.
Speaker 4: They're not a fraud.
Speaker 9: I think you're gonna say they're.
Speaker 2: Overrated's fine, Yeah, I think overrated's fine. They've got speed, sure, but tell me one thing that they do better other than speed then.
Speaker 4: The forty nine ers. Tell me what do they do better than the forty nine ers other than the speed?
Speaker 6: More space, that's speed, that's not just speed.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Deebo Samuel and Christian mccafferre as expos as anybody.
Speaker 8: They have more guys that they they get more guys open, and I think that's they have a better quarterback Kyle.
Speaker 4: You're saying Kyle Shanahan's not creative on office.
Speaker 6: He's not as creative as me Daniels, not at all.
Speaker 4: But you and you don't think I would trust Kyle, and I'll take two.
Speaker 6: I'll take two all day long.
Speaker 10: But hold on, if you're gonna bring up the Joe Burrow thing, then I gotta say, then you're also betting on two to stay healthy all season.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are.
Speaker 9: You're bettingly.
Speaker 2: If the Bengals are full speed, I'm taking the Bengals over the Dolphins any day. Same thing with the Chiefs. Chiefs are full steam, even with the wide receiver questions that they've had. If they figure things out from a pass catcher standpoint, give me the Chiefs over the Dolphins.
Speaker 6: I don't feel I don't fear Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: For me, I'm gonna split them right down the middle. Split the NFC teams right down the middle. I'm going Philly, Miami, San Francisco. I think Philly, with the addition of DeAndre Swift has it's it's gonna be.
Speaker 6: Offense.
Speaker 8: Excuse me, but this current office that they have, I mean, if they're if they're not forcing to throw the ball on first and second down, every every drive out. Then yeah, they'll they'll have it figured out.
Speaker 2: It's not a question I think I would do. I think I would go Sam Francisco, Philly than Miami. Those would be my three.
Speaker 9: That would be mine as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 2: Where I would hit a head up. Miami is really good, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: Better Miami was really good.
Speaker 6: Miami.
Speaker 10: Miami having to go through those two teams at the AMC and then beat the Niners, like, hey, do.
Speaker 2: It have fun?
Speaker 9: Gett go get them?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's all you.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing is Philly and the forty nine ers have at least been there before with considerable core from what their teams are made of.
Speaker 8: Right now, I'm telling you this.
Speaker 2: I was like, Miami has never been close.
Speaker 8: I was looking at the offense for Miami. I think that was what is today Wednesday. It was on Monday because I wanted to go back and see how how somebody gave up seventy points in an NFL game, and uh, I was looking around at those weapons and I was like, man.
Speaker 7: They have some and their coach is amazing. Yeah, their coach is amazing. He's different. He's a different, dude.
Speaker 8: That Miami is different.
Speaker 2: He's different.
Speaker 7: The reason why he's a head coach is because of his ability to get everybody open.
Speaker 10: Who's the last, like real different coach though that won that Super Bowl, like on the first time getting in the playoffs, making a deep run like that, because I feel like all those Sean mcvay's Kyle Shanahan got a kind of knock on the door a little before you finally get there.
Speaker 6: Why didn't Miami not make the big run last year?
Speaker 9: I think I always think of two will always get hurt. That's my mole thing.
Speaker 10: If you tell me they keep building on this and to a stays healthy and all that. Don't get me wrong, That's why I'm bringing them up. I do think they have a chance to just that I got to see it, just because they haven't been one of those teams that's been there really since probably the team that went undefeated. I hear and seventy because even with the Dan Marino teams, like it was always like, oh, this is so exciting, but you're just like, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't like history doesn't really mean no.
Speaker 10: I know, I know, but I do the guys, but I will say, though, I do think history speaks a lot, and I can stand stan a call me out if if anyone's listening, and you can think of one. But like, I just can't think of any coach that just boom, first time boom and there God, super Bowl got it, Like everyone has to knock on the door before they get it. I guess maybe Mike McCarthy with those Packers, with that Packers team.
Speaker 2: Even he went, yeah, it was a few years, right, Yeah, a couple of times not to the Super Bowl, but he had gone to at least a championship game prior to that, right, I.
Speaker 9: Don't know if they did.
Speaker 8: He started in six right with the Packers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, So I mean even like, did Sean Payton go right away?
Speaker 15: Was that?
Speaker 10: I know it was early in his time with the Saints, but I don't know if it was like right away like that. But maybe I'm just to be honest with you. I'm just happy that there was some debate on it because I thought it was going to be kind of a yeah, no one cares.
Speaker 9: It's three teams that.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for that.
Speaker 10: Game, the next one I had for you guys, because I feel like we just have to talk about it because it's such a big deal right now. I'm Jerry was on the radio and this can be just real quick. But I'm just wondering your guys thoughts on do you think if this Taylor Swift stuff keeps building that any way it could be distraction for the Chiefs? Hmmm, Like if she's going at you know, I know she's got a tour still going on and stuff like that, but where it becomes.
Speaker 9: It has just been the biggest story this first week.
Speaker 10: I think that had over twenty four million viewers for that game, and it clearly it wasn't because the Chiefs were playing the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 9: It was the most watched game this week, the.
Speaker 10: Four hundred percent Travis Kelce jersey sales having increased.
Speaker 2: Three hundred thousand new Instagram followers for Travis Kelce.
Speaker 10: Like yeah, Like, do you think at all that that could be a distraction or because of the fact that they are pretty battle tested, had been there, done that for the better part of the last five plus years, that it won't be.
Speaker 9: The only reason I bring it up is because I remember.
Speaker 10: There was I think Bill Parcells would always say, but now he was talking about quarterback, but didn't want celebrity quarterback, didn't want all that type of stuff like that. But for a tight end like that, do you guys think that will be a distraction off of them?
Speaker 6: I know, we had a lot of people dating famous people when I was here.
Speaker 2: Nobody cared. Yeah, Romo was swift though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Miles also was dating Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tony, Romo was dating Jessica.
Speaker 2: Nobody cared.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Miles Austin thing just that was a memory I did not remember, like I did not think I had, but now it just came flooding. But I completely forgot about that.
Speaker 6: Thure.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: Here's some numbers here from people like going on over here courtesy of Front Office Sports. Four hundred percent spike in Travis kelsey Jersey sales. Kelsey's podcast ranks number one overall on Apple. Kelsey has added three hundred and eighty three thousand Instagram followers. The Kansas City game on Sunday had twenty four point three million viewers. It was the number one game of the week, and it had a sixty three percent jump in female viewers age eighteen to forty nine.
Speaker 10: Okay, again, we didn't have to stand that bare line. I just wanted to touch on that real quick. The other one is because of how badly the Broncos have played. I feel like we're in such a time now where any like little thing goes wrong all of a sudden, everybody's entire career doesn't matter. And Alvis Centerman's questioning Sean Payton, and so me selfishly, I just wanted to ask this, especially because Isaiah's on the show. So because everyone's already downgrading Sean Payton immediately, I've noticed that on a bigger scale with who I think is the greatest NFL coach ever in Bill Belichick, and now all of a sudden, it's like, well look what he's done.
Speaker 9: You can't It was all Brady.
Speaker 10: So I've always been a person where, if again this is coming from being something that grew up watching just some of the worst Lions football.
Speaker 9: I always said that I would rather.
Speaker 10: Have Belichick than Brady because of the fact that I don't think Tom Brady with those Matt Millen teams, is getting anywhere whereas Bill Belichick can reset the entire thing. He's in charge of players, he's in charge of coaching the team, I think there's a better chance to turn her around with him. But with that being said, Tom wins the super Bowl without him. So I wonder what your guys percentage is and who is more important With the Cowboys about to play the Patriots, what's the percentage who was more important to that Patriots dynasty? Tom Brady or Bill Belichick? And like, how far away is it? Is it fifty to fifty?
Speaker 9: Is it more Brady? Is it more Belichick?
Speaker 4: You were in that room, I want to let you say, Yeah, that's why I want.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, that's tough, Carreray.
Speaker 7: I have to say Belichick, I mean, as great as Tom is. I have to say Belichick is because Tom Brady was responsible for him, and Belichick was responsible for bringing us, bringing everybody else in and building that complete team. So we obviously know how dominant Tom Brady was, but there was a defense out there as well, there was a special teams out there as well. So I think that holistically, Bill Belichick is more important to that entire organization than just a Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Would you if you were to ask the same question to your teammates, to the guys that were in that room with they all say something similar.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I can't what would you think the I don't know, I really don't know. There's some guys that have some really good relationships with time, so it might be swayed that way a little bit different. But I mean I think about it from the organizational standpoint, right, I mean, they we had some really good defenses out there when at least my time that I was there, And I mean they got Hall of Famers that were on those defenses as well, a good amount of them. So actually there's more Hall of Famers on defense in New England than there are on offense.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The way I always looked at it, too, is that I think Brady had a lot I mean, Belichick had allow to do with, especially developing Brady early on, because to your point, like some of those defenses early on in Brady's career, you know, they weren't looking at him like they were towards the next ten to fifteen years where it was like, no, no, we keep him in a Tom, Tom can win this game. There was a lot more of like that defense was so loaded. Obviously, Bill's one of the greatest, if not the greatest, defensive coaches.
Speaker 7: So I mean you just go down the line of all the defensive guys that they you could think about more polarizing defensive players in New England Kent offensive.
Speaker 2: Does that credit tom Brady though, on how crucial he was to the success on the offensive.
Speaker 6: Side of the ball. I mean, yeah, he has a lot of I mean obviously, yeah, he's huge.
Speaker 2: I know he's crucial.
Speaker 7: But we're talking about who was the most I'm saying I think Belichick was the most important man because you don't have You can have a great offense. You could be swayed just to the offense just because of Tom Brady and then ignore the defense. But you can't because Belichick put together one heck of a defense.
Speaker 6: And the reason why we still talk about Belichick the way we do today, the.
Speaker 7: Reason why we talk about this defense against the I guess the Cowboys because of this defense. Yeah, this defense, no matter what, this defense is always solid, tom Brady or not.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll say this. Whenever they were together and going on those runs, I was a really big hater of Tom Brady because I'm a hater naturally, and so I was. I was always like this, not as much as No C. But this is seventy percent Belichick, thirty percent Brady. If you had asked me at that time, that's what I would have said. Now, i'd probably say it's closer to fifty to fifty.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I kind of agree with you on that last one I had. Do we have time for one more?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Real quick?
Speaker 10: Okay, it was the MVP favorites right now your guy too, Patrick Mahomes, Hurts and Josh Allen.
Speaker 9: There's a significant drop off of those four are the top? Are the top guys right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Right now?
Speaker 4: These are like betting odds fait.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, But so projecting, what would you think who will be the MVP by the end of the season at this base?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two, Yeah, I think I would have to say two of their two. But you also look at I think there's there's like a it's like an anti recency bias with Patrick Mahomes, like let's not give it to him real straight years. Like I don't know if there's that kind of thought process of voting aspects.
Speaker 10: Like with Lebron where you're like there's some many years you're like, well, Lebron is the most avaluable player, but he didn't put.
Speaker 7: I'm with it, but I take I take the history element out. I really like being in black myself, like neuralize myself from the past, like based upon right now, it's clear it's to a I.
Speaker 10: Wish you were more of a had a vote in the stuff because I think that there are too many people that do have a say in it.
Speaker 9: That are the opposite of what he is that they do have a well you know all.
Speaker 10: This stuff in the past like that. But it is, Yeah, it is about this season. It's not about your whole career. So yeah, I guess if too, it is on the continues on this pace, it'd be hard to give it to.
Speaker 2: Anytheah if the season ended today and that was the sample size I would have voted.
Speaker 8: I'll give it a really quick NBA comparison. The last two seasons before this last when it was Nicole yokcheld have won the MVP. The second year it should have been Embiid, But then this year, this past year in twenty two twenty three, they just gave it to Embiid when really Jokic that was the one he deserved the most. So like, yeah, it's weird how voters kind of go about those things. For me, right now, on this pace. I would have to give it to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, there you go.
Speaker 2: So there's some national storylines with John Mitchoda. I like that little change of pace. We talk cowboys a lot. We're gonna still talk some cowboys when we come back. We're previewing the Cowboys defense versus Ezekiel Elliott and the Patriots offense. What is the challenge on both sides of the football for that one? When we come back with more talking cowboys?
Speaker 16: Right after this, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and.
Speaker 6: Off the field.
Speaker 16: Legendary John Deere tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 11: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list?
Speaker 2: Forever?
Speaker 11: Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a coffee club member, you'll get your favorite coffees roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 12: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable and now is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Preparing to preview the Patriots at the Dallas Cowboys three twenty five kickoff this week on Fox. We've got Isaiah Standback, John Matchoda, Nick Harris, Chris Beam, and the back of Kyle Yeomans. Nick. When you look at this matchup, is this your favorite unit versus unit matchup?
Speaker 4: The Cowboys defense versus the Patriots offense.
Speaker 2: Of course, we've talked about Ezekiel Elliott in his return, and that's going to be a talking point all week. But what kind of challenge is on both units to try and get the job done there.
Speaker 8: What do you mean my favorite Matt Like, I mean, would you rather would you think this is your favorite Cowboys defense versus the Patriots or the Cowboys offense? Oh, I see excited. I would say that's that's a fun one. I would probably say the defense just because there's a really good opportunity for them to bounce back this week, and it's they have some similar weapons as Arizona does and the fact that they really like to use their tight ends. New England has to these first three games, so there's gonna be a little bit of the same there. Even though Arizona didn't really use the tight ends last Sunday, they have they have had the history of doing that this season. So similar type weapons, but also just being able to go up agains. Zeke. I think that's gonna be a challenge that everyone's going to be really excited about. Ramondre Stevenson is also a healthy challenge in his own right. You know, you got guys like Kenrick Bourne in the Receiving Corps, Juju Smith Schuster who you know, depending on who you ask, you know still has the Jews, doesn't have the Juice. But regardless, he's already up to uple digit receptions this year. So I think there's there's some interesting challenges that present themselves, but I think this defense has a really good opportunity to bounce back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would agree with a lot of that.
Speaker 10: I mean, there isn't like that one receiver that really stands out like a CD Lamb.
Speaker 9: It's kind of a group thing with them.
Speaker 10: More so the thing when I look at their offense, I just wonder how much are they going to try and do more with Zeke with him playing in this game against the Cowboys or are they going to try and keep it the same way as they have And that I just wonder, especially if they get in the red zone, are they going to do anything more so with Zeke, like just because of how big this game is for him and things like that. Doesn't seem like that's a Belichick thing to do. But that is one area where I'll keep my eye on. And then you know Hunter Henry good tight end Kaseki. I mean, they've they've invested in that position certainly, but kind of like the Cardinals are, just there aren't a lot of those pieces that just jump out at me.
Speaker 9: Like, man, you got to shut down.
Speaker 10: Like like for Bill Belichick, I feel like he's going to go out of his way to try and shut down ceedee lamb. I don't really look at this offense and go when you have to take this one player away or everything.
Speaker 9: They kind of come at you from a lot of different spots.
Speaker 6: I know Billy O'Brien all too well. I said in the room with him.
Speaker 7: He was my quarterback coach and my officsive coordinator when I was in New England.
Speaker 2: You know all these guys.
Speaker 6: Well, he brings the same guys back. He likes consistency.
Speaker 7: He rotates between two offices of coordinators only so being that ones ahead coach.
Speaker 6: Now he brought the other one back.
Speaker 7: But Billy O'Brien is the most intense offensive coordinator I've ever been around, Not even a question. This dude drinks drinks energy drinks and is the most jacked up. I mean, you guys probably remember him from Hard Knocks in Houston. He's intense and he's competitive as as all get out. It's one of the reasons why he had to leave, because him and Tom Brady were so competitive that they.
Speaker 9: Remember that on the sideline A couple of times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know a lot more. Yeah, there was a lot of intense conversations. He's he is that intense of a guy. He's going to be jacked up for this game and he is going to have all his bag of tricks. The only thing that's hindering this offense has been their quarterback play. They have a lot of resources. To your point, they're not going to highlight just one guy. That's not what he does. This was the most complicated offense I had ever been in in my entire life.
Speaker 6: There you do.
Speaker 7: There's hardly any guys that line up and just have one route that they're supposed to run. So when I mentioned things in the past in terms of Zeke having to recoverages and what some of the things Kellen Moore was trying to do last year in the first half of the season that was causing a lot of miscommunication issues between CD and DAK and wherever somebody's supposed to be Do I break in, do I break out?
Speaker 6: This is that offense.
Speaker 7: So these guys are always in a position to run a route that puts them in an open position based upon what the coverages. So dan Quinn's going to have to be on his game. I'm just telling you straight up, I don't regardless of the fact they don't have a dude, these guys always have options based upon the coverages that you run. So if you don't disguise your coverages, if you just line up and play it as it is, don't think that you just go talent on talent. I think that you're just gonna win this matchup every single time. That's not going to be the case. You would get out schemed.
Speaker 8: This is a big prove it game for the defense because if they don't show up like like you said, it could be, it could be a nightmare. And then they're looking at two and two going into San Francisco and going into La like that's they can either come out of this two and four or five and one or yeah, my master, right, five and one or two and four. This is a big turning point this game, and I feel like this defense specifically is going to be challenged quite a bit to those points that you just said, So you know we're going to see, We're gonna see.
Speaker 10: I expect the defense to bounce back though, with the way that they played to put on film, what they put out there, I would be surprised if they looked anything like that against the way they played against the Cardinals. And that starts with Michael Parsons, Like I expect him to have a bounce back game.
Speaker 6: I totally agree.
Speaker 7: I just I'm speaking to the to the man that's responsible for their offense. He whatever you put on film, he is going to try. He will run you into the ground like and try to embarrass you, darn bland. He's coming at you. I'm telling you right now, like right now, to prove a point, and he will right He would throw the ball at you every single time until you prove that you can stop him. He is that type of dude, j Ron curse. You haven't been tested yet. He will test you to see. He's gonna he's gonna look at his guy here. He's gonna say, hey, head up, like it up and you know what I'm saying, like straight up, he tell that's the type of dude He's gonna say you. He's gonna curse you out and challenge you at challenge your manhood and say can can he stop you?
Speaker 6: Straight up and down?
Speaker 7: I'm coming I'm coming at you with the ball And that's what you're gonna have, so you're gonna you're gonna get tested in regard and if the defense line gives up any kind of running room, he will run the ball every single time. And Coach Belichick will get in his ear I've been on the earpiece with him and say run it, run it, run it, and they will run the ball fifteen times on a drive until you till you show that you can stop it.
Speaker 2: I expect there to be a bounce back to especially from the defensive side. Like you said, John, I I don't think. I think they were offended and the way that they played in the way that they watched the film back. I mean even talking with OsO on Monday, dan Quinn, we got to hear from him as well. Like they they are not happy with the way that they played, and deservedly so. It wasn't their best game and they know that.
Speaker 4: The thing I'm going back to Nix's point.
Speaker 2: I was asked this on the radio this morning, is is this a must win game.
Speaker 4: For the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is a must win because of course, like it's it's early in the season, but from a from a week well, go ahead, yeah, let me finish from a week four standpoint, it's about as high as a must win as you could possibly have because if you do go too and two against San Francisco, you'd lose that game. You're at two and three, then you could be at two and four after that. I mean you're looking at the bye week being a complete reset, a WUSA in a bad way.
Speaker 10: I mean, it could be you just catch up on it that back end when you go Buffalo Miami.
Speaker 4: Just knock it all out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like twenty eighteen when they went to the bye week, like three and four or whatever.
Speaker 2: It was, it would be it would be down. It's not a must win because you're not in a playoff or you go home atmosphere like, it's not a must win.
Speaker 4: But it's very close to being that at week four.
Speaker 2: If the if you if they lose this week, Isaiah, why you're looking at me, they're in trouble if they lose this week? Are they going to miss the playoffs? You can't say that.
Speaker 4: So it's not a must win.
Speaker 7: So when we say must win, it's way too much. Absolutely correct, for their psychology, for their for their for their for their mental this is a must win.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely but it's not a must win from a probability still not at all.
Speaker 6: That's why we have to be very specific about how we.
Speaker 7: How we apply that term. From their mentality, they have to have this game now and they are going to there. The defense has to be dominant, I'll put it that way. The defense has to be dominated this game. We'll talk about their defense because this is another bass to the wall defense line across the board.
Speaker 6: They don't stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's not really the weaponry that you look at. I mean there wasn't really last week with Arizona either, but there's not really a weaponry with this Patriots offense that scares you if you're the Dallas defense.
Speaker 10: Right, that scares me more than the Cardinals one did, which is the Cardinals one. They had a bunch of guys there that were doing some things that you're just like, he'll remember that game for a long time.
Speaker 2: But they had speed on the outside, they had the scheme like there were things that the Cardinals did. It's more of a it's a completely different attack from a Patriots standpoint though, right.
Speaker 7: Totally, dude, this is cerebral. This is going to be straight cerebral. So again, if you show any weakness, that's where they're going. They're attacking that weakness. But anybody and everybody can get the ball on this team. It's not about one guy. They don't care. I mean, look at the history. I mean, you could be a seventh running back on the depth chart and you're still gonna run a touchdown. You know, like it doesn't They don't care who gets the credit. They really don't. This is all about team out there running.
Speaker 8: I mean run.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 10: That's been for most of Belichick's time in a way. I mean, I know they obviously had the grond Gears and the time with Randy Moss, but for the most part, it has been spreading it around to a bunch of different guys that you really don't know from week to week, and even going to some of those Super Bowls, like you would go in thinking that, okay, well you got to take away Edelman or something like this, and next thing you know, he's you know, they're throwing fifteen to twenty passes to the running backs in the flat, you know.
Speaker 9: So yeah, it'll be interesting to see.
Speaker 10: I just I think this matchup is a better fit for the Cowboys than the way the Cardinals played, But I keep going back to I'm just stunned that that Cardinals group of weapons did what they did against this defense.
Speaker 7: And to your point, Stevenson, the running back has the fourth most targets on this team, in the third most yards receiving.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, utilized.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: They don't care.
Speaker 8: And tight ends and running backs like that's that's their bread of bane.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, That's why I say, look how.
Speaker 8: Much they've invested in receivers throughout the year.
Speaker 6: Yah curse, get on your horse like you better strap your ankles up, just.
Speaker 4: Like the players lounge when they play us seven on seven.
Speaker 5: Ooo, wear braces, baby.
Speaker 2: That does it for us. Here on Talking Cowboys Tomorrow, we'll have Isaiah's QB vision, the.
Speaker 4: Scouting report of the Patriots defense.
Speaker 2: We'll look ahead to the Pats and the Cowboys three twenty five kickoff on Fox on Sunday for Chris Bean, Isaiah's stand back, John Machoda, Nick Harris, and Kyle Yoman saying so long from the Star in Frisco. We'll see tomorrow with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.