Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanevik. Let's actually get to some stocks on the move. For that, we are back with Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Parnell Avalon.
Speaker 3: Good to have you back with us.
Speaker 1: We've missed you. SD latter. All of a sudden, like late in the day, this definitely popped up on our radar.
Speaker 4: Yes, SD latter, they did slide about seven point seven percent into the clothes. That's after the beauty brand and Spanish beauty firm Pooge Brands confirmed they were in talks to merge. The Financial Times actually reported earlier today that the beauty company could announce a deal to create a more than forty billion dollar company as early as today. And for those who are unfamiliar with the Spanish brown, they're the brand. They are the parent company behind brands like Charlotte, Tillerberry and Carolina Herrera.
Speaker 1: Loves Charlotte too, right, let's not to love keep going? Who else do they do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's a lot of different things.
Speaker 4: STI Latter also has around two dozen brands, including Lamare and The Ordinary, so investors are already kind of questioning how exactly would you bridge that gap since STI Latter is in the middle of a turnaround by itself.
Speaker 3: But we will see.
Speaker 4: The exact terms of the deal are not known just yet.
Speaker 1: I am blown away because Stiltter was such an iconic brand for such a long time and really home broke, you know, their homegrown brands, their namesake brand STI Latter, and then they had all the other you know, they had origins, they had clinique, they had you name it, they had all these deep prescriptives and then perfume. My aunt used to work for the company, so I know it really well. But what's really fascinating. And then they went on a buying spree, buying all these other brands, and it was a model that was followed by other big cosmetic companies. But they've really struggled, especially with their namesake brands. So I am blown away by this and it would be a real change. And does the st Latter name go away? I don't say, how do you say push poosh? So it's so it's buying the other company, Porsche.
Speaker 3: Do we decide Well, it's unclear.
Speaker 1: What what Elizabeth pus Okay, okay, Well.
Speaker 5: My apologies to you. We're going to work on this all of my Yes, professoris in Spain.
Speaker 1: We'm hollow. That's all I'm going to say. That's what I'm going to say. We're trying. We're trying, all right, SD loader ticker el and as you said, it was down in the trade. Let's go to something that was an outperformer today.
Speaker 4: Yes, Norwegian cruise ticker n c l H rose about six point two percent into the close today. That's after President Trump said he told US forces to pause all strikes against Iranian power plants and energy infrastructure for at least five days.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 4: Brent crude futures also closed below one hundred dollars per barrel. So, if you remember earlier this month, cruise stocks and airlines were taking beating as people were really curious about what exactly are their.
Speaker 3: Fuel costs going to look like given this conflict.
Speaker 4: Right now, investors are cautiously optimistic, but we'll see what happens. As we know, the situation changes every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the whole travel industry to some extent was like kind of getting optimistic, but tbd. I keep saying that a lot because I do feel like unless we know the timeline.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, a lot can happen.
Speaker 1: How do you see that company?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Works nice job?
Speaker 5: You don't know that?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's.
Speaker 1: Right all right, So Norwegian and I think all of the cruise lines were actually happy today.
Speaker 4: Right, Carnival everybody generally speaking, withes too had.
Speaker 5: A good day as a result of these fuel but they've been getting beat up because of concerns around fuel prices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I get it's again like do you look through the war and say, okay, it's going to end sooner rather than later. But we just don't know.
Speaker 5: Prediction markets, gambling stars.
Speaker 3: Of course, what's in there? Yes, Flutter Entertainment, that's ticker.
Speaker 4: F l u T.
Speaker 5: It's because because I know the answer to this, I love this. In the UK, a bet is called a Flutter. It's a UK company and it owns FanDuel.
Speaker 1: Okay, take it all.
Speaker 3: You are correct.
Speaker 4: It does own FanDuel and it closed up four point four percent today. That's after the Wall Street Journal reported that US senators are potentially seeking to introduce bipartisan legislation to ban sports betting on prediction markets like Calshi and Polymarket.
Speaker 3: However, I will say Bloomberg.
Speaker 4: Intelligence is cautioning that the reaction appears a little bit premature, given the fact that there's a pretty low chance that.
Speaker 3: This bill would pass, at least not this year.
Speaker 2: We'll see this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.