Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one thirty six, What's Right with Nick Wright the podcast and YouTube show. Like rate Reviews, subscribe, you're watching live right now. Today's a very special show. As if you're a regular viewer listener, you know Demands is out for the next little bit of time. He's currently in Los Angeles trying to find an apartment for his soon move to Los Angeles. So I know many of you are wondering who would be sitting in Demon's seat. We have done the show solo once before. We had lo Wayne on the show once before, we had my youngest daughter host once and one time ever, my wife, the owner of the location where we now do the show, trinted to the women's boutique here in Harlem. Danielle Bird, as the city calls her, hosted the show, and after much plotting and pleading, prodding and pleating, I should say Danielle has agreed to host once again and the next few shows. I don't know if you know this, but you are hosting today Thursday and next Thursday.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I did not a.
Speaker 2: Little three show series for your feeling. You were a star last time. Everyone.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Didn't expect to be here today, Otherwise I would have got my lashes done. Oh I don't think the.
Speaker 2: Audience is gonna notice nor care. You look wonderful.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I've got to say I was, and I'm not gonna talk too much family business on the show. We'll get right to the sports. But about five six days ago, when I knew the plane was for you to host, I was a little worried about how that would go.
Speaker 4: I wish you would have told me six times six days ago.
Speaker 2: Uh, Danielle wasn't the biggest fan of mine, but because I am such a wonderful husband, and partner. We have since turned things around. We're doing great. Can I get a little high five and get the show going?
Speaker 4: Let's chill out?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right out, here's what missed the cut for today's show. Adam Feeling says the Carolina Panthers can win the Super Bowl. No, they cannot. Michael Jordan may sell the Hornets. Honest question here for in the Jordan Lebron debate, because I have had to hear people for years when I talk Jordan versus Lebron, bring up all well, and when you go off the court, look at shoe sales, look at iconography, look at how big of a cultural impact Michael Jordan has had. Is that not demon demonstrate that he's the greatest player ever? Okay, so if we're gonna incorporate that as a small percentage of the goat debate, when Lebron ends up owning a team and is not an utter failure as an owner for twenty years, the way Michael Jordan has been drafting Adam Morrison, drafting Michael Kidd, Gilchris number two, having the worst team in the league for twenty years, when Lebron's team is actually good, is that going to be a check mark in his column in the Goat Debate. These are question be people. Thank you Arch it should be I agree, Danielle. I agree because I'm the one saying it. And uh oh, would Lebron be a better owner than MJ. I didn't even know that was on there. In my script it says that what missed the cut is good Roger Gonnell to be extended next week. The Lebron thing was there, Okay, so that's what's not on the show. Even though Lebron wasn't in the Jordan thing, we kind of touched on it. I have a feeling we are kind of starting with Lebron even though he's out injured. Danielle the floor as yours my love.
Speaker 4: Hmm, big shocker. We are starting with the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, they're.
Speaker 4: Currently the eleven seed, but you still believe in them? Yeah, Lebron is still out. What's the best case, the worst case, or most likely to happen with the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Okay, so quick recap of the last few days for the Lakers. Friday night was as bad of a loss as you can have. They're playing the MAVs. The MAVs obviously don't have Luca. It is a wildly important game. Had they won that game, they would be very well positioned for the sixth seed. They have a four point lead with seven seconds left. I was watching this actually right next to you. You were dead to the world, asleep, and I was watching its fist clenched because this was a critical game for the Lakers. They're up four with eight seconds left and Anthony Davis fowls Maxi Kleva on a terrible play. Anthony Davis then misses a free throw. Anthony Davis then falls asleep on defense in Maxi Kleba hits a three and the Lakers lose devastating ones. It puts them in real jeopardy of missing the play in. I don't think they will, but in real jeopardy. So to answer that part of the question, the worst case scenario is the Lakers go five and five the rest of the way, miss the play in entirely, and Lebron comes back for nothing. That is on the board now. But what was so much more, pardon me, what was so much more frush strading than Friday was Anthony Davis responding to his critical errors in Friday's game, costing them the game by sleep walking through Sunday's game, and they ended up winning it thanks to Austin Reeves, but it was not because Anthony Davis was like, all right, I'm gonna make up for it. And that is the paradox is the wrong word, but that is the situation with Anthony Davis. When he's good, he's unbelievable. He has more thirty five and ten games this century than any other player, including Shaquille O'Neill in Yannis and Yo Kitchen and Bid. He is defensively brilliant almost every night. I'll give him credit for that, but he is at times so passive on offense you can't just pencil in that any night. The Lakers can't lose while Lebron's out because even against the Magic, he might know show offensively. So their worst case is that they because here's what they have over their final ten games, home for Phoenix, home for ok See in a game they absolutely should win, not because Okac is not good, but because that's Oklahoma City's third game and four nights. They're play the Clippers on Tuesday, the Clippers on Thursday, and then the Lakers on Friday, so it's a back to back, third game of four nights, then home against Chicago, where Anthony Davis is from, then at Chicago, then at Minnesota, at Houston. That's a six game stretch that other than the Phoenix game, they will be favored. They should be favored in all the games except for at Minnesota, and then the final four games of the year could be tough at Utah, at the Clippers, home for Phoenix, home for Utah. So best case, worst case, most likely case, best case is they go five to one in this six game stretch. Lebron One then comes back for the final week of the season, Utah has packed it in and they end up going I think they would have to go probably seven to three, at a minimum, maybe eight and two in their final ten. They get the sixth seed, they get Sacramento in round one. We send your grandparents to one of those games. Kings Lakers in the playoffs? Is that how unbelievable? The Kings have the longest playoff drought in the NBA, and the Lakers may do real damage in the postseason. The worst case scenarios they miss entirely. The most likely scenario is they end up the eight or the nine seed, but there is a massive difference between the eight and the nine seed because of the play in the way the play in works seven through ten are not in the playoffs. They have to do the play in seven plays eight in a one game set and the winner gets the seventh seed. Nine plays ten and the winner of nine ten plays the loser of seven eight, and the winner of that gets the eight seed. So why is there a huge difference between the eight and the nine. Well, if you're the ninth seed, you have to win twice. You have to win the nine ten game and the next game, and you're on the road for that second game. If you're the eight seed, you only got to win once. You play the seven eight game if you if you win it, you move you're the seventh seed. If you lose it, you get another chance at home against the nine ten. So it's a huge difference. Is a rest difference, massive difference. So I yes, last night in the NBA went very poorly for the Lakers, even though they didn't play. Why did it go poorly? Well, the Timberwolves, who they're chasing, were in New York against the Lakers as an eight point dog. Damn Julius Randalls scores fifty seven for the Knicks, and the Knicks lose anyway, Timberwolves get a win. What else happened yesterday? The Warriors finally got a road win in Houston. Now, Houston's terrible, but the Warriors won, and the Jazz at home beat the Kings in a game. The Kings were six point favorites. So two significant underdogs that the Lakers are fighting with for playoff positioning, the Jazz and the Timbrels, who the Lakers have to catch and pass, both won games. There were underdogs yesterday. Now the good thing for the Lakers yesterday was the Mavericks did lose, and they're chasing the Mavericks. But the standings are right now insane. In the Western Conference, the Warriors are the sixth seed, the Pelicans are the twelve seed, Golden State Dallas, Minnesota, Oklahoma City, Utah, Lakers, Pelicans. That's six through twelve. Every single one of those teams has thirty six or thirty seven losses. So the difference between the sixth seed and the twelve seed right now is two games. So it's these final few weeks of the season are going to be insane. Anthony Davis has to play great over the next three weeks, and they gotta get lower the next two weeks, and they got to get Lebron back. That all makes sense to you. What do you think? What do you think is gonna happen?
Speaker 4: Well, no, you just all those explanations, you know over talks. I think you lost me somewhere. I'm rooting for the Lakers. I'm hoping that they're gonna.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get in if we get Lakers Kings in round one? Who you're rooting for?
Speaker 4: The King's sorry, Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the King's been great. So if the Lakers were to get to the sixth seed, or even if they were in up the seventh seed, they would be playing either the Kings in round one or Memphis in round one. If it were Memphis Lakers. Who are Lakers? Oh okay, I know them. I want the Lakers to be the eight seed so they can get Denver in round one. But the problem with being the eight seed is that means you're in the play in and you lose a play in game, or you're the nine seed. It's just it's not you don't want to be in a position where you could be the eight seed. But that's actually the seed. I want them to get what what's the confusion there?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, next, Danielle.
Speaker 4: The Warriors finally won on the road. Yeah, but you still don't believe in them?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Why has this year gone so terribly?
Speaker 2: So I'm amazed that people are still trying to pretend that the Warriors can turn this around. There's nine games left, they are a game over five hundred.
Speaker 4: So the Lakers can turn around, but the Warriors can't.
Speaker 2: Yes, because here's why. The Lakers have had very different iterations. So everybody brings up this exact question of like, why would you believe in the Lakers and not the Warriors. It's very simple. The Lakers started the year to and ten with a broken roster. Since that moment, they have been a good team. Since to and ten, they're thirty five and thirty seven, So that means they are thirty three and twenty seven since the opening twelve games. That's a sixty game sample of them being a good team. That's despite the fact that Lebron is obviously miss significant time over the last month. You add to it that the Lakers remade their team. Our guy Russ is a broken basketball player that was killing them and killing their spacing. It makes you sad, but it's true. Patrick Beverly is a useless basketball player and he was getting He was their starting point guard. They have remade the roster. The Warriors are the same group, and after twenty games they were ten and ten. After forty games, they were twenty and twenty. After sixty games they were thirty and thirty, and prior to last night, after seventy two games, they were thirty six and thirty six. I get credit to them for finally breaking their eleven game road losing streak, but they still lead the league in road losses. They're eight and twenty nine on the road. And the fact of the matter is this. The Warriors tried to thread the needle of continuing to contend for championships while developing their young players, and to their credit, they won the damn title last year. But they won that despite the fact that none of their young guys made significant impacts. Moses Moody has done nothing for them since he's been drafted. Kaminga's had a couple fine moments, but he has not left the way you would have hoped. And Wiseman, their number two pick of the draft room a few years ago is not even on the team anymore. Those were their three young guys. They expected Jordan Poole to continue to improve. They paid him like he would. He has gone in the other direction, and Draymond is more interested in podcasting than playing good basketball. He punched Jordan pull in the face. So for all those reasons, this team's broken. What what do you have.
Speaker 4: Nothing to do with him turning things around him punching this guy in the face.
Speaker 2: You don't think that right before the start of the season, the emotional leader of the team, damn near breaking a teammate's jaw doesn't have an impact on that team being comp not like that.
Speaker 4: I know, but I'm sure you know. I'm hoping you know they But.
Speaker 2: We now haven't blogged. We now have a lot of evidence that you're hoping wrong, that they haven't gotten together.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm rooming for everybody on the West Coast. I'm hoping, all right.
Speaker 2: Do you do you think that it would Let's say it wasn't the Warriors with the championship pedigree, and it was any other team that had super high expectations going into a year, and right before the start of the year. They're veteran leader who wants a new but didn't get one, punches in the jaw and then it gets released on video for us all to see him punch out the young kid who did get the contract. And then that team whenever they have to travel, when you need an emotional lift because you're on the road, and where teams that are really together, they go out to dinner together, they hang out in each other's hotel rooms, play video games to whatever it is. This team seems to be a disaster on the road, wouldn't we say, Oh, it might be that the team doesn't get along great because you have this crew of older guys Steph Clay and Draymond, these younger guys, and it's hard for them to coalesce because one of the guys punched the other guy. Yeah, it's a great point. I just means it's the same. This is a good point.
Speaker 4: I don't like you, know, I don't want to agree with you. You don't want to agree with you, But that's what's happened.
Speaker 2: So I think the Warriors are drawing dead to win the title, and right now, in my opinion, they're the worst team in California. The Clippers are better, the Kings are better. I think the Lakers are better, and the Warriors are fourth out of four in California. So no, they're not turning it around. And they they had an opportunity at the deadline to admit that this was a missed opportunity and try to package those young players into getting an impact piece. They didn't. Now this offseason they're gonna have some real decisions because Draymond wants a new contract. I don't know how you give it to him. Clay. Would they ever trade Clay? You probably can't knife Clay like that, but it might be your only chance. Steph is playing so well. Steph just turned thirty five. He's still one of the five house players as well. He's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Hebelievable.
Speaker 2: He's he's unbelievable. She's got a little.
Speaker 4: You always hated on the Warriors even when they were doing good. Well, yeah, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: Hated me and they you know, they Lebron beat him in sixteen, and we were supposed to get this long standing rivalry of Warriors versus Lebron and then they had to go get Kevin Durant to kind of break the NBA. I wasn't a big fan of that. We were supposed to get Steph versus Lebron, but then Steph had to go recruit Kevin Durant probably cost Lebron a couple of titles. I don't like that. But the Warriors got big decisions this offseason. And the other thing is that Andrew Wiggins, who's been key to them, has been gone now weeks with an undisclosed personal matter. And yes, he's wildly important for them, but it doesn't from listening to what Staph has said and Steve Kerr said, they seem to think he might not be coming back this year.
Speaker 4: All right, next, Okay, you call the MAVs, and you call the MAVs Sons the NBA's worst rivalry, best best best. I think that it's the Grizzly Warriors thet a playoff matchup.
Speaker 2: So MAVs Sun that's a really good question, Danielle. So MAVs Sons we get? Oh man, these are I somehow we could get both of these. So MAVs Sons. The background is they played in Round two last year. The Sons were up three to two. Devin Booker was talking that trash and then Luca eviscerated them, and the game seven in Phoenix. The halftime score was fifty seven twenty seven. Luca had more points at halftime than the Sons team did, and Luke had thirty and the sorry and the Sons had twenty seven. Devin Booker and Luca are a real rivalry. You then also have the MAVs now have Kyrie and the Sons now have KD. So that's not like a rivalry, but that's an interesting one. It was also in thing when they played earlier this year, before Durank got hurt again. Katie and Kyrie didn't exactly seem super close. They for guys that could you know, claims they're super close friends. Doesn't really seem like that. And Katie maybe got wise on Kyrie's nonsense and got sick of it. Yeah, what do you? You don't think that's what it was like Kyrie? You like Kyrie, that is, Daniels always liked Kyrie. Danielle also doesn't have as big of a problem with some of Kyrie's eccentricity.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's yeah, you're right, because you just, I don't know, you just get too involved, I don't you know, I think he's a great player, so I don't really Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: He's a good player. I don't know I'm a great player. He's not that available. He's not great defensively. I don't care about that. But like, you didn't like when I mocked him for saging the Celtics arena, No, I didn't. You thought that was a cool thing that he did. Yeah, walking around basketball arena with lit sage? What's it called? When you see the was he dabbing the what? What? What was it?
Speaker 4: The you're talking about his stage and then yeah, yeah, yeah, that's wrong.
Speaker 2: You like that? Yeah? I thought that was lunacy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do it. I do it sometimes.
Speaker 2: Not yeah, you do it in our house. You don't do it.
Speaker 4: He's like, I'm playing there. Let me get that.
Speaker 2: You don't show up at someone else's job and start saging the error.
Speaker 4: Oh that's bad juju. You gotta think that's what he was trying to do.
Speaker 2: So that's what it's supposed to do. It's supposed to fix the Yeah you know the juju of Yeah, exactly. So MAV's sons, to get back on topic, would be great Grizzlies Warriors, though, is a legit awesome rivalry that the Warriors refuse to acknowledge his rivalry.
Speaker 4: Because they don't want it.
Speaker 2: Well, Draymond also said, you know, we've won championships, they've won nothing. How's that arrivalry. Well, here's the facts. Last year, you guys played in the playoffs. The first three games it was two to one Warriors, and one of the Warriors wins, John missed the lay up at the end, so one of the games total coin flip game. You split the other two as close could be, and then John got hurt and the Warriors ended up winning in six. The previous year they played in the play in everyone forgets this. The Warriors two years ago were in the play and they were in the seven eight games playing the Lakers, and Lebron dotted Steph's eye with a three to win that game. When Lebron remember famously you couldn't see out of one eye, he shot it with one eye closed. Unbelievable play, right in Steph's face. And then the next game the Warriors played the Grizzlies. Everyone said the Warriors are gonna win, and the Grizzlies sent them home. So I know that's not a series, but two years ago, the Grizzlies into the Warriors season. Last year, the Warriors into the Grizzly season. This year they have played and they hate each other. That's a rivalry. And let me ask you this, what do you think of the fact that anytime somebody talks trash to Klay Thompson, he's now done it at least twice, maybe three times. He counts to four on his fingers to say I have four rings, you have zero? Is that a cool taunt of corny taunt or neither. He's done it multiple times.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess that's his way of not saying anything. It's just like, I don't really have to say anything now, four rings you guys have not.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, I mean that is exactly what exactly.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's not even worse.
Speaker 2: But can you keep doing that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You keep doing that?
Speaker 4: Can you know I'll always be like, I'm right, you're wrong. I say it every single time. Yeah, But like I said, you know, like I don't have anything else to say, I'm right, you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so the I don't actually have an answer for what's the more intriguing rivalry because I think they are both great. What I do know is this, we have no chance of getting Suns MAVs in round one because of the way the standings are. The Sun's well, yeah, we have no chance of getting Suns MAVs in round one because the Suns are going to be the four or the five seed Dallas is going. Could Dallas get to the five line? Not? Not really, maybe, but not realistically, it's a very low chance of getting Suns MAVs in round one. Golden State Memphis we absolutely could get in round one, and so because of that, that's the one I think we're more likely to see. My Here is my dream playoff bracket.
Speaker 4: Let's go for the dreams. Let's go Okay.
Speaker 2: One versus eight, Denver versus Dallas, and Luca gets to make a mockery of Jokic. As far as the I think the MAVs would have the best plessions, they make a mockery of Jokics. That's unfair to Jokis is a very very good player. But Luca would be the best player on that on the floor, and I Dallas could win that series. Two versus seven I would like to see would be Sacramento against the Lakers. Three versus six would be Golden State against Memphis and four versus five Phoenix against the Clippers. And by the way, Phoenix has all this talent and on paper they should win the West. But if their first round series is against the Clippers, that's who Rough plays for now. By the way, with Paul George and Kawhi guarding Durant, Durant coming off injury a little rusty, that could be a real real problem for the Phoenix Suns. All right, last topic of the A block, as we are already over time. You gotta you're talking too much here.
Speaker 4: What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Tell me, no, you're not. I'm just messing with you.
Speaker 4: Ok yeah, yeah, exactly, Okay, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: What's our last topic?
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers still hasn't been traded, but the Jets are already signing his friends. Yeah, what do you think the Jets ultimately trade for him?
Speaker 2: Okay, so they obviously the Packers want a first round pick. The Jets are going to hold the line as long as they can. And what I could the way I think this is going to play out is not that dissimilar to maybe not the far of trade. But there's been another trade like this. I forget which one it was, I'll look it up later. But I think this year the Jets will trade a second round pick for Rogers. I think they for in this year's draft. I think they will also trade a third round pick in next year's draft that will turn into they will put these stipulations on it. This is how I see it going. And mark this and save this to put out on social. If I end up being right, you can put it out on social now if you want. But but but certainly, in case I end up being right, I think the trade's going to being this second round pick this year and a third round pick next year. That third round pick turns into a second round pick if the Jets make the playoffs, and it turns into a first round pick if the Jets make the Super Bowl. So you are trading a second and a third for Rogers. That if the Jets make the playoffs this year is two seconds, and if the Jets make the Super Bowl this year, it's a second and a first. That to me is a win win scenario where the Jets get the Packers get. You're not gonna get a first round pick, I don't think. But if Rogers ends up being awesome. You will get your first round pick, and this year you get a second round pick. That's what I think.
Speaker 4: You a follow up question, what will my homes trade value be?
Speaker 2: So there is no trade that the Chiefs would accept for moment, there is not one. I used to say about Rogers back was on the radio in Kansas City and the Chiefs had no quarterback. There's one year the Chiefs had the number one pick of the draft. They drafted Derek Fisher is a good player, but it's fine. They won Super Bowls. Tackle for them for a decade. I said that the Chiefs should call the Packers for Aaron Rodgers oddly enough, because he was the most talented quarterback in the league, and offer them the number one overall pick plus and I don't even know if the NFL allows this. You get our first round pick every year. Rogers is on the roster. So for as long as we have the player, you get our first round pick. If someone called the Chiefs and said so, say Caroline, who has the number one pick, we will trade you the number one pick and our first round pick inferpot two. As long as we have Patrick Mahomes, I think the Chiefs hang up on I don't think you could construct a trade where the Chiefs accept it. For Mahomes. I think that if the Bengals called and said, we'll give you Burrow and Chase, the Chiefs hang up on him. I don't think there. I think he has ascended to a spot where there is no trade that could work out, that would ever happen to where the Chiefs would ever get fair value for him. I don't think you can get fair value for the most talented players ever played gotch So I don't think there's a trade for it. But I do like my old idea of first round pick and perpetuity, and it ends up being Mahomes was traded for Let's take Mahomes out of it, Joe Burrow was traded for thirteen first round picks because the team that traded for him kept him every single year, and the team for the Bengals, it's like we have two first round picks every year. But that's a fake trade. I just made up. Danielle did a great job in this first segment. Didn't roast me too much. Now you were worried about rivalry and crushed that you crush you crushed that. That's a tough word to pronounce.
Speaker 4: Yea, I struggle with my rs me too.
Speaker 2: I went to speech therapy for that.
Speaker 4: I guess no, you.
Speaker 2: Do a great but ours with L's is a tough one. Rivalry is a tough one rivalry, and you crushed it. All right, take quick break, come back by the way. For our live YouTube viewers, a special announcement. Sorry if you guys have been because in the chat, you guys can ask questions today. Instead of asking questions to me that Danielle's gonna read for our live YouTube chat, you guys are gonna ask questions for Danielle that I'm gonna read. Yeah, exactly you now, So that's coming up. In the sea block, we play a game. We play a bracket game that's undue with college basketball. That's next, What's right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in. What's right with Nick? Right, We're supposed to get a countdown and everything. Don't worry about that episode one thirty six. The Danielle's here. That's my wife, you know, Dampoo.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: Three and a half weeks from now? You know what's happening? Ten year, ten year wedding anniversary. Yeah, together almost fifteen.
Speaker 4: Fifteen years married, Nick Wright. That mean I don't know, it's great?
Speaker 2: The okay, well, the sarcasm is I love you too. By the way, she is going to you guys in the chat right now on YouTube. If you're listening to this on you know, on the podcast not live, you're gonna miss out on this opportunity, but you'll still be able to hear it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Instead of doing questions for me, we're gonna do questions for Danielle. So we will do that. Daniel's gonna host today and uh this coming Thursday, most likely next Thursday as well. Oh, gosh, I should have told our people at Blue Dunk Media. I forgot to tell them, no podcast this coming Tuesday. We're television's off the air Monday and Tuesday, and I'm out of town. So everybody, this coming Tuesday, we're all out of town. So I should have been more professional. Told Gabe and Matt and Victor and Kara and all the people that put this podcast together. Daniel, but you guys have Tuesday off from the show, and I am not doing the show. Well, we're gonna be your Thursday and the following Thursday, and then after that. The only member of the family who's never hosted the show. Look at these guys day off. The only member of the family who's never hosted the show, Diora, maybe the most talented member of the family aside from me. Of course, she's gonna take that seat for a few weeks part of a school project she's doing. She's so excited about it too. She is, okay, okay, all right, Hey, let's get to the topics. What do we do?
Speaker 4: You suggested Lamar's best landing spot is San Francisco.
Speaker 2: H all right, So I went on TV yesterday and gave his top five places that Lamar could go, so I'll do them here quickly. The number five I had his Indy. Now I don't really want to see him in Indy, But India is the number four pick of the draft, and because Carolina jumped up to one, they're gonna be Caroline's gonna take quarterback, Houston's gonna take a quarterback. So Indy's gonna be sitting there with the third best quarterback. Or they can just sign Lamar, or at least attempt to sign Lamar. I don't think he's going to go there, but it makes I shouldn't say that. It's not my preferred destination. I would like see Lamar go to the NFC. We're gonna be the best quarterback. What are you laughing about? Tell the audience I have a I have a reflux problem I've had.
Speaker 4: Well, you should be drinking water instead of coffee.
Speaker 2: Okay, well set that aside. Let's just keep it back. Here's the thing with Indy. If Indy wants to do it, they should definitely wait until after the draft to try to sign him, because then instead of giving up the fourth pick and next year's pick, they give up next year's pick and the year after and if you have Lamar, you're not gonna have the fourth pick. You're gonna have maybe the twenty fourth pick. Number four I said was Atlanta. Atlanta seems to be out on it by what they've said and what they've done. It makes no sense. You have a leg see if black quarterbacks there thanks to Vic you also have it's on turf, It's in a winnable division. All those reasons, I really like Atlanta. Then there was the top three. Number three is New England, and I think New England makes an absolute ton of sense. I don't totally understand why this wouldn't be the desired spot if you're the paid, if you're uh. If Belichick wants to be relevant at the end of his career, trade Mac Jones for a third round pick, try to reboot around Lamar. And then the two NFC teams that to me make the most sense. Number two is Detroit. They could trade Golf and get a second round or for him probably Lamar on turf with James and Williams a Monross Saint Brown, and the number one with San Francisco. Now San Francisco would have to wait until after the draft because they don't have first round pick this year, and they would be mortgaging even more draft picks. They'd be in cap hell, but they'd win the Super Bowl. San Francisco has been a top five team in the NFL over the last five years with below average quarterback play. They drafted Trey Lance because they wanted a mobile quarterback who could run the ball. Lamar is the best version of that. So San Francisco. As much as I believe in the Chiefs, san Francisco would be a favorite over the Chiefs if they went and got Lamar Jackson and more than a threat. They The defense is a top three defense in football. They have top five weapons in football. If you added Lamar be unbelievable. So that's why. All right, speaking of the Chiefs, go ahead, what'd you say?
Speaker 4: I would like that.
Speaker 2: It'd be great and the NFC needs good quarterbacks. Go ahead to the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Okay, the Chiefs. The Chiefs have been very quiet during the free agency. Yeah, are they going to do anything?
Speaker 2: So there's a little Ian rappaport. Note that the DeAndre Hopkins trade market is keating up. So here's the dealer DeAndre Hopkins from whom they were in Houston's unbelievable. He's expensive and older, but he's unbelievable. The Chiefs big question last year was their wide receiver courts. They obviously won the Super Bowl despite it, but it was a question. Their top two wide receivers from that receiving courts are gone. Now Juju signed with the Patriots and McCole Hardman is a free agent. But it doesn't look like the Chiefs are bringing back that was receiver one and receiver two for the Chiefs last year. Now, they did add Kadarius Tony, but I believe the Chiefs are either going to sign Odell Beckham junior or trade for DeAndre Hopkins. And then addressed tackle and defensive line in the draft. Speaking of the draft, so this weekend, I was basically in the with our youngest all weekend in that house. We were watching movies and stuff. And I don't know if you noticed, but uh, and you have a little straight hair flying away there up top, which I know you'd be mad if I don't tell you. Uh, no problem, I got you, so.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was sitting in my computer a lot while Deanna and I were watching the Drastic Park trilogy. I was doing mock drafts. So mock drafts are fake NFL drafts. Full seven round mock drafts on Pro Football Focus. I did fourteen of them. Can we show I want to show the audience my four favorites. I know, but these so you can trade picks, you can negotiate things. So let's go ahead and throw up mock draft number one on the screen. This was this is what we call Jaalen Carter slides. So in this draft, Jaalen Carter, who some people thought was the number one player in the draft. Leave this up on the screen for a moment. Uh, he's had some issues, Danielle Jalen Carter's number one player in the draft. Then it came out he and a teammate and a trainer for the team. Potentially we're drag racing. The other car got in a wreck. People died. Wow, he allegedly maybe drove off, didn't stay. That didn't help him. He had his pro DA and he was over wight. So a guy who people thought could go number one overall and help people were saying, sliding in this mock draft. And I have no control over who the other team's pick. He slid all the way outside of the top ten. So we in Kansas City, we made some moves. We traded the thirty first pick and next year's number one for the eleventh pick with Tennessee and their third and fourth rounder next year. Jumped up and got Jalen Carter a draft the receiver issue with Nathaniel Dell in the second round, and kept it moving. And if you're watching on YouTube, we did a full seven rounder. But the odds of Jail and Carter actually sliding quite low. So now let's go to mock draft number two, which is the Quentin Johnson mock draft. So in this one, we also trade up Quinton Johnson, the number one receiver, the beast out of TCU. He slides a bit at number fifteen. There's too much value there for us not to jump on it. We call up green Bay. We offer green Bay the thirty first pick, our first rounder next year, a seventh rounder this year and a fourth rounder next year, four the number fifteen pick, their second and third next year. The logic behind that is then entering the Chiefs number one in green Bay's number two. Not that big of a difference. I don't actually think in real life green Bay would accept this trade. But the Pro Football Focuses algorithm said they would Chiefs draft Quintin Johnson, address Garrett Williams in round two, and I don't know if you Then we do some other trades, but don't worry about those.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We're trading mid round picks for future years of a fake draft that I'm not actually participating in. But I did it ar when you.
Speaker 4: Were doing this, and I'm watching Drastic Park at the same time.
Speaker 2: I was all right, mock draft number three, This one is more standard. We're not making major trades. Dwan Jones, tackle out of Ohio State, is there at thirty one. The Chiefs address their tackle issue draft a corner in round three. But what about round two? Oh do you see that on your screen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do? See then screen DeAndre Hopkins four and the ninety sixth pick of the draft four, the sixty third pick, one hundred and thirty fifth pick, and the two hundred and sixteenth pick. So the Chiefs have just tackle Andre for DeAndre Hopkins and then mock draft number four. If you want to see it, it's up on the screen right now. This is no trades. We're just going straight forward and Tom Harrison slides the tackle out of Oklahoma, draft him, then say Flowers is available. You're yawning. You're doing, Deanna, this is boring to you. My mock drafts, my fake drafts. Well yeah, but the real draft's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: I have a confession to make. I texted the Chiefs to you about this. He did, Yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Didn't even respond.
Speaker 2: He didn't. I know he did like text him.
Speaker 4: Probably like Nick write that said, dork, I'm not responding.
Speaker 2: To this grinding my drafts all weekend?
Speaker 4: You the pointers do fisk a truth.
Speaker 2: I texted him and he left me on Red. That's the first time he's ever left me on Red. That's my buddy. Oh gosh, Brett Beach, somebody send these to Brett. These are good drafts. These are good drafts.
Speaker 4: You might want to send him a follow up.
Speaker 2: It alone. Uh, but you know what, see you laugh at me. I'll as you say, I'm just a doric And why do I do this? So I did that Saturday and Sunday yesterday, and I'm we can't go into deep details on this, but did I not get a phone call with someone inquiring if I wanted to be a part of a professional sports teams front office. Correct, that did happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure he didn't see this.
Speaker 2: Well it's also basketball and not football. But still, this is that you keep the.
Speaker 4: Mind moving the Yeah, you have an awesome brain. Oh thank you, take that away from you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's go on to our game. The game. Here is mini bracket. Explain it to me, Dan po.
Speaker 4: Uh bracket to unpack it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the name of the game. Bracket to unpack it. There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, eighteen bracket and you fill it out. We are going to do NBA duos.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me give the context of this. I don't really do a March Madness bracket, and the producers made fun of me because they're like, on Nick is, you know, can't give his March Maddness picks, but can't do a seven round NFL mock draft. I think it's important to stay focused on things you actually know about, not pretend you know all about stuff you don't know about. Oh really, yeah, what go ahead and speak.
Speaker 4: On Pretend that you know certain music and you don't. You pretend on a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, let's just talk about this real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Danielle thinks that if I don't know all the words to a song, I'm not allowed to sing along.
Speaker 4: You can't sing along to something that you don't know the words.
Speaker 2: What about I mean, she loves stupid.
Speaker 4: It's like seeing black Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 4: Like you don't know the words?
Speaker 2: Just I know some of the words.
Speaker 4: If you know some of the words, they say that one word and then move on.
Speaker 2: Danielle's favorite group, New Edition was at.
Speaker 4: My favorite childhood group.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, was at the Prudential Center in Jersey.
Speaker 4: It was so good, dang great concert.
Speaker 2: So she's been talking about this concert so long. And if you don't own a New Edition, it's like love music. Yeah, R and B.
Speaker 4: And Keith Way and Guy all R and B, all.
Speaker 2: R and B and so she had been talking about this concert, and I assumed we were going together to this concert because it's intimate, sweet music you want to share with a loved one. Danielle tells me on Saturday. She says, have you gotten the New Edition tickets yet? I'm like no, I was waiting. There's a lot available, seeing you know, if some better ones come available, we'll be able to get them. She's like, all right, I need three tickets. And I said, who's going with us? And she looked at me and said you're going. I said, what do you mean? Am I going? She's like, you don't like New Edition? I was like, I don't love them, But she's like, you don't even know the songs. It won't be fun. I'm won with my friends.
Speaker 4: It's not fun going to a concert with somebody and they don't even know the artists. Like it isn't like you got to jam with the person you with and I can't jam with you. I'm there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But you didn't even jam with Ashley.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: You went up to the front without them.
Speaker 4: Oh that was just for a little bit. They didn't want to move around. I mean, I'm a bigger fan of them. That would have been the same with you. At least when I came back to them, they were still jamming and singing the songs with me. You just be okay, all right, okay, let's go back to the Let's go back to the bracketing.
Speaker 2: Bracket of NBA duos. The producers have seeded these they have not shown me the seedings, So it's eight NBA duos. Tell me then one through eight Danielle.
Speaker 4: A Bead and Hardened one Yeah, two, Durant and Booker, three, Tatum and Brown, four, Giannis sent True Yeah, five Kawhi and pj pg pg my Bad, six, Steph and cut Clay, seven, Luca and Kyrie. Eight Lebron and a D.
Speaker 2: Having Lebron and a D is the eight seed in this is an outrage.
Speaker 4: I think it sounds about right there.
Speaker 2: No, it does not sound right. Put the graphic, but that means Lebron and a D are facing Embiid and Harden in round one. Those might be my top two seeds and one of them is gonna have to go home. So to me, Embiids better than Anthony Davis. But when Anthony Davis is at his best, it's close. Lebron and Harden's not close. Harden's not going to be able to guard Lebron at all in this two on two game, Lebron and ad advance, Lebron and ad advance over and beat and Harden. What'd you say you? Yeah? I listen, I I picked the.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 2: He's been awesome, and we like the sixers because our friend Darryl and there might pick to win the East. But there's a two on two game. We're going Lebron and ad Giannis and Drew versus Kahi and Paul George is a very easy one. Neither Kawhi nor Paul George have any stop of hope of have any hope of stopping Giannis getting into the rim. Jannis and Drew move on. Let's go to the other side of the bracket if we can. The other side, Oh, the other side of the bracket. There we go Katie and Booker versus Luca and Kyrie. I gotta go Katie and Booker. There's just not enough defense. The problem is whom Luco put up some resistance. Three is just gonna get shot over by either of these guys every single time. Then Tatum and Brown against Stephan clay Clay, I don't that's a really tough one. I'm gonna go Stephan Clay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Steph's ball handling and the shooting there is enough to overcome the physical, imposing, imposing nature of Tatum and Brown. So we have, I mean, talk about a lot of upsets. We have a two, a four, a six, and an eight. Left side of the bracket, Lebron and a d against Giannis and Drew. I'm going Giannis and Drew. Giannis is too.
Speaker 3: Good, unstoppable, and Drew is such a good defender he could give Lebron some trouble as far as dribbling and ball handling.
Speaker 2: Drew can knock down shots just well enough. Jannis and Drew. Right side of the bracket Katie and Booker against Stephan Clay. You've got to go Katie and Booker because of the shot that they are close to Stephan Clay and shot making and this size advantage is so substantial. So now we end up with Katie and Booker against Giannis and Drew, and I'm going Giannis and Drew. Giannis is so clearly right now the best player in the league, and Drew is one of the most underrated players in the last fifteen years in the NBA. Jannis and Drew, that's my best NBA duo right now. I like NBA talk, Yeah, I know. That's why it's a good time for you to be on the show. Yeah, exactly that you don't love you really. Danielle actively dislikes football because of the time it takes from me man, and she likes the Chiefs but doesn't watch the games with me and gets frustrated with it. But you love the NBA, all right, you know what I like to talk about? Like you, Danpo, we answer your take a quick sixty second break, come back and answer questions that you guys have for Danielle. Next What's right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Right, I'm told before we get to the questions for Danielle. Uh, the producers found Demonse in Los Angeles? Are we doing that now? Oh? Look, Oh, there's that's pretty good. It's a good photoshop. I think Demonse would love surfing. I've never thought of that. He should learn that when he's out there. What come on, what.
Speaker 4: Can we get him settled before we tell start trying something?
Speaker 2: Okay, surfing, he's a great athlete. I think he'd love it. I think he'd get along with surfers.
Speaker 4: He's been breaking things.
Speaker 2: It's hard to break things in the ocean.
Speaker 4: He can break something in the oceanic.
Speaker 2: It's hard to break things.
Speaker 4: He almost broke your back when it was in a freaking rio that way.
Speaker 2: Oh that was bad, man, that was bad. I've had, you know what, I've had a lot of injuries in the ocean. Danielle and I were on a trip once. We were we were in Jamaica and we were in Kingston actually not one of the big touristing spots. We were in Kingston and we drove rented a car and drove to a place right basically right on the coast, right by a place called line Key, and they were like, the hotel, we stayed there for one night. We got there, rent at the hotel. We were the only people at the hotel, only people at the restaurant. They were like, in the morning, you should go out to line Key, Like how do we get there? Like, well, you rent a boat, they drop you. And the guy was like, but don't pay them until they pick you up. Like huh, Like, well, if you pay them before they come back and get you, they might not kick it up. And we decided to go anyway, and we went. It was unbelievable still to this today, I think the most people place I ever been, because we were on this island all by our ourselves. We walked, we walked, yeah, it was so hot. Walked around the whole perimeter of it and then we got to this area where I went out in the water and Danielle was like, come back, and I'm like no, I'm gonna walk around to the other side. And you were like, there's gonna be reef and you're gonna get hurt. And I'm like, no, I'm fine. And I started walking and about halfway through where I was in no man's land, couldn't go back and had to keep going. It was nothing but reef everywhere, and I kept getting knocked over by the waves and Daniels standing on the beach just like are you okay? Are you okay? Yeah, I'm fine. I got out of the water and my legs were just cut up for days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a whole rash from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't great. I also I you know what, I also in Aruba cut my foot open on that water bouncy house thing and had to man man, I slew my foot clean across deep gash. See the muscle type of gash. I I didn't even realize it at first. Then my daughter saw it and I was bleeding everywhere. So I'm like, oh, I'll be okay, and I swim back to shore, go to the lady who sold us the tickets of the Bounty House things in the water. She freaks out calls an ambulance. I'm like, I don't need an ambulance. I can drive myself at a hospital. I tell my wife and daughters, guys, I have to go to the hospital. What did you guys do?
Speaker 4: Okay, let us know when you get this.
Speaker 2: They stayed on the bouncy houses.
Speaker 4: It was our first day there, and you were doing way too much. It was it was like Nick was jumping. He was just thinking that he was a little kid. You were doing too much.
Speaker 2: And I had to drive myself to the hospital in Aruba get stitched up by a medical student.
Speaker 4: It was your foot. It wasn't your ribs or anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right. Questions for Danielle rex Smith. Everyone only has one question. How does she live with Nick? Lol? You want to answer that?
Speaker 4: How do I live with Nick? I guess I just live with you. Just funny. I think we do great. We get along, ready to watch the same things, we love to eat the same things. I don't know. We have been together for fifteen years.
Speaker 2: What's your but I think he's talking about something you said to me the other day, Like what you said that I Danielle said to me, she said, you don't even want to argue, you just want to debate.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, now that that's different, Like how do I argue with you that? I just I'm not arguing with you. It's just like Nick can know that I'm right, but still want to go back and forth to to I don't know, say that I'm right in a different way. It's freaking crazy. I don't It's it's insane. So I just go to a point where I'm like, I'm not about to argue with you, but what about.
Speaker 2: The times you're not right?
Speaker 4: I'm usually right?
Speaker 2: Jamie Fisher says, how did you and Nick meet? Seem very different? But I guess opposites are tract Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was a club promoter in Kansas City at this place called the Hangout on Thursday nights. It was my night Bird Entertainment and Nick came to my event faithfully every Thursday, and uh, I would talk to me about putting a little uh to get her spot radio. Yeah, and you know he was friends more with my sister than me, and uh, yeah, I don't want to get into too much, No, I don't. I don't want to you know, embarrass you.
Speaker 2: I pursued her for quite some time. She always liked me.
Speaker 4: I always liked you, You always liked me. I didn't know that I liked him.
Speaker 2: She didn't know that she liked me until she knew that she liked me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the first date with Nick, I fell in love with him on the first Oh, damp, that's the truth.
Speaker 2: That is true. She also brought her kids on the first date, or are now my kids? And that's how I found out two year.
Speaker 4: Old your and nine year old I usually keep my business to myself.
Speaker 2: That's all true. But Danielle also at the time wasn't really dating people that she had never can I say this? Uh huh? She had never dated a white guy.
Speaker 4: No, And so yeah, Nick Wright was my first white guy the way to.
Speaker 2: Start, Okay, Charles King? Is Nick harder to deal with after the Chiefs won the Super Bowl? Or after they lost the Super Bowl or were not knocked out of the playoffs? Where am I harder to deal with? If the Chiefs season ends and tragedy as it did the last couple of years prior to this year, or after they won the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: I don't know, you were really bad when they lost. Yeah, like I think you were like in depression for like six weeks straight. It was pretty bad. Like it was like, as she was, I don't even want to talk about it, And then when you come out and tell me, it's like, yeah, I understand why you didn't want to talk about it. That's stupid.
Speaker 2: I was so upset.
Speaker 4: You were really upset.
Speaker 2: I was so upset. Yeah, And Danielle finally came and she's like, what is going on with you? And I was like, I know you're gonna think it's stupid, and she was this like weeks later, she was like, is this about the Chiefs? Like you were understand Yeah, that was not great. It was who's Danielle's favorite NBA player?
Speaker 4: Who's my favorite NBA player right now? I kind of like flip it up. I guess my my all around favorite was Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: Chris Paul for a long time, Yeah, CP is he a lot?
Speaker 4: I love Durant. When Durant and Russ played together, like, that was my my favorite duel. I left them together.
Speaker 2: Do you want to tell because we were staying at the same hotel as Durant in Phoenix.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is so so Durant gets out of his car.
Speaker 2: So I had already seen days before. I had seen Durant in the lobby, said hello to him. He obviously I don't. He and I have an odd I don't even even call a relationship dynamic, but we said hello, shook hands. That was that Dale wasn't with me. Then a couple of days later, I'm not with her.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, yeah, and he pulls up and uh, he gets out of the car and I say to my friend. I was like, oh my god, it's this Durant. And I was like, okay, d I'm a big fan of yours. And I was like I didn't even know what to say. I was just like, I'm a big fan of yours. You know, why did you leave the Nets? And he's like, oh, what did he say?
Speaker 2: He said you're a Nets fan?
Speaker 4: Like, oh, he said you're a Nets fan? I said, yeah, actually I see his tickets. I'm gonna miss you there. Oh what's your name? I was like, why did you leave? I was scared to tell him who I was.
Speaker 2: Because Kad had a whole night's interaction with him and at no point was like, you know, my husband, the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing, No I'm not going to tell him I'm Nick Wright's wife at the time. You know, maybe if I saw him again, maybe, but I was in shock.
Speaker 2: Danielle, do you like the tracksuits Nick wears?
Speaker 4: Be honest, I like most of them. I wish he would retire some of them earlier, but otherwise, yeah, I like the tracksuits. It's his things. I like it. When Nick and I first got together, he would wear track suits and there were two sizes too big for him. So I'll take the ones that he wears now.
Speaker 2: By the way, the previous questions, I don't know if I said it. Rex Smith, Jamie Fisher, Charles King, I trust me. And Brett Defour are the ones who asked. Hosk asks, have you had any awkward interactions any of your customers a Trentage because of Nick?
Speaker 4: Not awkward. I do get men that come in here actually looking for Nick, like he works here. But I love those encounters because they come in here and they buy something for somebody or you know, it works out great. It's not. I don't think that's weird. I think I'm used to that by now.
Speaker 2: Leam Patten ask what's something interesting about Nick that not a lot of people know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know what to say. I don't know. I don't want to embarrass him on anything. Go ahead, Can I tell him about the little hair?
Speaker 2: Sure? I've seen it though. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You see how Nick always like twists his hair, He literally like pulls it out like. That's why he has like all these patches on his beard, because he like yanks his hair out of his face and everywhere else on his body. I think it's so weird. It's just I don't know you're doing. I guess that was when I made me think about it, because you're literally doing it at right now?
Speaker 2: All right? Last one, Ryan Fitzgerald Danielle. Should Demonsey keep showing us so much leg on camera?
Speaker 4: No? No, he should not. All right to Monsey, he's always been a shorts guy. You can't can't stop me.
Speaker 2: You can't stop it, can't stop it. It is who he is, Dampo, you crushed, great job, Well done, do it again Thursday.
Speaker 4: We'll see. I didn't get paid last time, and I didn't get paid this time. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's what's right. Episode one thirty six. See you guys Thursday, See on TV Today title Pie Today Latest edition on First Things First. See you guys there. What's that